The Retro-PES Corner

View attachment 5257

Inter-flair in full force, fantastic one handed save from the Keeper to keep his team in it.
And what mod do you use? This damn backheel's and shoot animation looks far better and smoother than any backheel/follow up shoot animation in ps3 and ps4 era. I can't say for sure if you are playing pes5/6 or we9le. It looks really amazing.

Where did you get that camera mod @MafiaMurderBag? Goddamn it, it looks amazing!

Thanks, there's a WE9LE Camera tool, if you search for it you could find it if not i'll upload it when I get home.

I changed the value to 800.

And what mod do you use? This damn backheel's and shoot animation looks far better and smoother than any backheel/follow up shoot animation in ps3 and ps4 era. I can't say for sure if you are playing pes5/6 or we9le. It looks really amazing.

Thanks. The game is WE9LE. And I'm using Geezers 05-06 patch which is in Sany's Standalone installers thread.

This game is something else allright, I've been playing a lot of the PES titles from the PS3 era but I can't put WE9LE down. The game just has so much character, players and animations have so much vitality and there's some truly exciting games and moments. With a few tweaks this game can look stunning on PC.

guys i reinstalled winning eleven 9 LE, i need ballpack, something that has the adidas tango fifa, or etrusco unico the 1990 cup ball, thx, if anyone has the files

http://www.worldfootball.net/teams/inter/2004/2/

Have a gander at this Inter Milan 2003/04 real world squad and work out how many tens of thousands of Master League points you would need to assemble this group of football deities.

And @rockstrongo , sorry mate, belated answer to your question. I am on Default Original Challenge in PES 6 restart number 6. It does not get any tougher with the original default players starting to age and the new gen defaults not yet any good. :((:((:((

Have a gander at this Inter Milan 2003/04 real world squad and work out how many tens of thousands of Master League points you would need to assemble this group of football deities.

And @rockstrongo , sorry mate, belated answer to your question. I am on Default Original Challenge in PES 6 restart number 6. It does not get any tougher with the original default players starting to age and the new gen defaults not yet any good. :((:((:((
Proper hardcore mate,I forgot how tough it was.
Best of luck

Proper hardcore mate,I forgot how tough it was.
Best of luck

Yep it is definitely for those of us who like suffering more than satisfaction in gaming and maybe life too. (Like when your missus beats the crap out of you or when you stick your hand inside a switched on toaster, getting hammered in the PES Default Original Challenge all the time is up there with that kinda twisted fun). :SHOCK::SHOCK::SHOCK:

Lately i think you give some bit of love for PES6.Am i wrong? How do you find the gameplay after all these seasons. I am asking because in your first posts about pes 6 you were "harshly" criticizing the gameplay.

26 games played (haven't played in a few days,beach +beer rules)

Valladolid away,turned out to be a nail biter.
Started off by putting pressure right away,in the 17th minute Betis legend Ruben Castro smashed in 1-0.
Straight from kickoff I went at them again,had Valladolid where I wanted and in the 30th Molina scored on a very nice cross to make it 2-0
IMG_20180721_135143.jpg

Then I started to back home,decided to just see the first half out.
Big mistake, Valladolid scored on me twice before half time and almost made it three,but quality in goal kept it 2-2
IMG_20180721_135342.jpg

Second half was a weird one,back a d forth no real chances at all,and I was settling for a draw.
I made a last push in the 90 th minute,got a few yards outside their box and played it in to Benat who struck it and made it 3-2.
Proper screamer.
Ref called the games straight after kick-off
So nice,3-2 win and I'm up to 7th,clinging on to a spot in Europe
IMG_20180721_141424.jpg

Last edited:
Have you been playing your Originals challenge on PES6 lately, @mattmid? Yesterday I fired up PES08 PS2 to continue my ML - hadn't played it for about a month - and in the end I don't think it was a good idea: 4 matches, 0 wins. It's my second season on the D1, first one playing european competitions...what a nightmare my schedule is. Right now I'm forced to rotate the squad as much as I can - even got to the point of subbing off players at halftime, not because they're not playing well but because I don't want them to accumulate more fatigue. Remember I only have a few newgen acquisitions (1 GK, 1 DC, 1 ST) and the rest of the squad is the default ML team, so it's not a good idea to rotate too much of the squad as we still have 70-year-old Valenys and Espimas and Zamenhofs.

My latest acquisition was Park Ji Hyun and while he's showing flashes of greatness, particularly his attacking awareness, he's not ready yet to fight with Gutierrez, Ordaz and Hamsun for a spot in the starting 11. Still he's getting lots of minutes in this NBA-like rotation of players, as Gutierrez and Hamsun often play in Fouque's spot as AMF, opening up a spot in our striker duo for the korean. I'm going to have to focus his training on his balance (defenders are always stronger than him) and maybe try to shape him into a more complete striker, which would fit my playing style better. Right now he's a potential Inzaghi-type, a ferocious finisher but nothing else.

Despite not winning a single match on that gaming session, after a month of not even touching PES2008, it was great to be back as this game never disappoints.

Hi, I recently stumbled upon my old PES DVDs. Brought back sweet memories about the good ol' days. Since PES 2013 used to be the last game of the series I REALLY liked and the recent iterations of both PES and FIFA started to bore me a few weeks after release, I decided to give it another spin.

Are there still any good AiO patches (like PESEdit back then) with halfway recent rosters for it?

Hello!

I have been kind of not playing recently, I was just tired, and also did not get to play much. Finally stormed through entire Season 5 in last three days and holy mother of games, despite being established as World's #1 Team I just don't want to stop! Season 6 would be the usually the max, but I want to keep going, I need more stars!

Let me sum up the season in a few short paragraphs:

The League
It started extraordinarily bad. Game number one and we get Hanseten, they're one of those sticky teams, they usually linger on and with some luck they often steal some points from me. But this time was different. They had...yep, Bergkamp. How the heck! I got fucked up the ass, game ended 1-3 thanks to Non-Flying Dutchman. Awful start. Next games were better, but it wasn't any easier. Commonwealth had a rough time figuring out how to football after season break. Then the lowest point in 7th Fixture came out. Our rivals, our archenemies - The Longobardies - have completely destroyed us. Roberto Baggio was a god among men on that day. Quick and easy 0-3. We've got disposed of, like a trash of some sorts. I've had enough.

Tinkering in the formation menu, I have decided to give 3-4-3 a go. In a first transfer window early on I have signed Rhein's Scholes because, well I need a lot of offensive-minded midfielders now. Some details changed later on, but in general I've just decided to go on a war with everybody. Entire defending depends on DMF (Ferguson or Ghioane) who runs around and beats the shit out of people, and if he can't do that, three lads sitting on CB are our second, and last line of defence. Two CMFs have kind of a mixed role. AMF links midfield line with three attackers up front. We strike through the middle, relying on sheer, brutal force. Many games ended in a literal bloodbath.

From this point we've got back on our feet. Especially in the second round of the season when we've won 10 and drawn 3 games. Getting back to the top was hard. When we reached first place again, Longobardi was awaiting us in fixture 18 or 19. And we've won 3-1 and confirmed that Commonwealth is BACK. Longobardies kinda lost their tempo and Marmara jumped on our back. Our first league game ended with...7-1 victory. They were way better at defending this time, but even then 3-1 victory on 25th fixture secured our fourth title and another star!

It was great to see Eastern League fight back this year. Ultimately their efforts were futile, but they came really, really close.

pes3 21-07-2018 17-21-34-753.png

The Cups

It was a matter of honour to reclaim D1 Cup this year, after awful finale with Ruhr last season. Since we start from Round 2 as finalists, we've had only two rivals to overcome. Westfalen was tough, really tough but we won 2-1 twice and got through. Rhein got demolished in first leg (4-0) and draw in the rematch didn't matter. And in the final, yes, we've got Ruhr again...

What a terrible team to play against! Entire final was whack. They did everything in their power to ruin the show. Somehow, Bermar squeezed one in, but it shoulda been like 10-0 at least. So much luck on the Ruhr's side. Oh well, I've got my cup back. It's all that matters.

pes3 21-07-2018 14-02-12-560.png

In Europe we've had WEFA Champions trophy to defend. As usual, we are just another kind of team in Europe. But first we were dropped in a really boring group, with Hanseaten, Rekordmeister and Galicia Norte this time around. Five wins, one goalless draw with RKM, we go into Knockout Stage. This time around Italians don't show up and it's between East, West and North. Scottish powerhouse, Old Firm Blue goes down battered and demoralized. First we beat them 4-2 at home, and then, in Scotland, we win 7-1, despite Old Firm Blue conceding only two in the first half.

Cataluna is next! And it seems they've learned a thing or two from Ruhr. Mega lucky equaliser from Saviola and then a show of shitfuckery and lady luck dancing around the pitch gives Catalonians precious draw in away game. And the same happens in a rematch! They respond to our goal quickly, and it's 1-1 until 65th minute. Something changed, a millionth counterattack was finally turned into goal by Karpin. In a typical PES style, Cataluna slowly fades away and we bang in one after another. When referee man ends the game it's 5-1 and we go into final to defend our WEFA heavyweight champion title.

It's Merseyside Red. We've done a swap deal before season - I've got Polish GK Dudek in exchange for my Polish GK Kuszczak. Both were set to take part in the grand finale. Yet again, it was a shit final, unworthy of even being a final, especially after our breathtaking performances against Scots and Catalonians. Same as with Ruhr, Bermar puts one past enemy goalie and without any troubles we win 1-0. Merseyside Red was simply not good at all. They tried a lot of longshots, failing to get a shot on target. Our title is defended and we head into Season 6 with a treble!

pes3 21-07-2018 17-22-32-753.png

As a consolation prize for Northern League, North London won WEFA Masters Cup after beating infamous Peloponnisos 1-0 in the final.

Franchise Enhancement Period

We won everything we could, but I want more. Fifth star might be the final one, and we will win it in a huge style. Final huge signings were made this summer. We have defence sort out, it's time to grab some more big guns to ensure we always have someone to come through and score. Westfalen's top scorer and league's best striker in Season 4 and 5, Kemar is brought in for a modest sum of 15k points. We pay the same for Serbian striker from Stadhuisplein, Keznan. And on top of that we beat club record with 18k spent of Slovenian God AMF Zaoric. We tried bringing him in last year but it didn't work out. Especially now with 3-4-3 formation I need tons of offensive players.

We sell the random guy we've bought by accident last summer, Brazillian AMF Savio. Together with Barbonez he moves to Prague, got 18k points for both of them combined. A shock move for Bosnian striker and league top scorer from Season 3, but he was a disappointment this year. Especially now that Kemar, Keznan and Zaoric are in, it's time to let Barbonez go. Our veteran CF Wichniarek gets thrown out of the club because nobody wants to buy him and we don't need him anymore. He was of no use anymore. So we got rid of him. This is what we do.

Our squad looks almighty for the Season 6. Maybe the last one, although I love this team so much I just wanna keep going.

pes3 21-07-2018 17-37-53-236.png

pes3 21-07-2018 17-38-00-453.png

Already moved into Season 6 to see our WEFA Championship group and this year it's fantastic. Old Firm Blue (wonder if we'll trash them again lol), Chamartin and Juventus, it's going to be a blast!

And thus my story for today ends. I can't get enough of PES 3 - this game is simply something else!

Athletico at home!
Fourth game Vs them this season,only won one,that win was useless since I got knocked out of Copa del Rey

This one matters though,I'm in 7th and AM is in 8th,so a win would secure some ground in my pursuit for Euro Football next season.

Scored on my first attack,2nd minute,a header.
What a start!
Then Athletico answered back with a sweet shoot by Radamel Falcao,that guy might go places,even a Pes cover in the future huh?

25th minute and I almost scored the game of the season

But I got my revenge 10 minutes later,a nicely controlled dribble outside the box,a nutmeg on the defender then a hell of a shot going in via the crossbar.
2-1!
And that became the game winner,AM kept trying but I kept them out.
I'm gaining some ground on the teams in front,but next game is a true test
Barcelona away
IMG_20180722_025100.jpg

Welcome @Lobbedball , to the PES 3 forever society with me and me mate @fmicablues7 and you will indeed be able to lob the ball over the COM team's back four with great effect unlike later games.
Plus rifle in a thunderbolt from thirty yards a few times, it is not easy, but is possible.:BSCARF::BSCARF::BSCARF:

You can also lob the ball in 2008 :)

Alderweireld to Kane
giphy.gif

Also my first Gif inspired by @MafiaMurderBag
Took me about 2 hrs to figure out how to do it :P

giphy.gif

It is not always easy though. I managed to catch them out with quick free kick.

Last edited:
@geeeeee , nice goal, I suspected as much that PES 6 on the Playstation 2 was just a poor port with lots of gameplay flaws and other PES games do still have the ball over the top tactical option.

Never like the dark footballs in later PES games though, that blue ball I remember in PES 2010 was just odd. :SHAKE::SHAKE::SHAKE:

Hello!

I have been kind of not playing recently, I was just tired, and also did not get to play much. Finally stormed through entire Season 5 in last three days and holy mother of games, despite being established as World's #1 Team I just don't want to stop! Season 6 would be the usually the max, but I want to keep going, I need more stars!

Let me sum up the season in a few short paragraphs:

The League
It started extraordinarily bad. Game number one and we get Hanseten, they're one of those sticky teams, they usually linger on and with some luck they often steal some points from me. But this time was different. They had...yep, Bergkamp. How the heck! I got fucked up the ass, game ended 1-3 thanks to Non-Flying Dutchman. Awful start. Next games were better, but it wasn't any easier. Commonwealth had a rough time figuring out how to football after season break. Then the lowest point in 7th Fixture came out. Our rivals, our archenemies - The Longobardies - have completely destroyed us. Roberto Baggio was a god among men on that day. Quick and easy 0-3. We've got disposed of, like a trash of some sorts. I've had enough.

Tinkering in the formation menu, I have decided to give 3-4-3 a go. In a first transfer window early on I have signed Rhein's Scholes because, well I need a lot of offensive-minded midfielders now. Some details changed later on, but in general I've just decided to go on a war with everybody. Entire defending depends on DMF (Ferguson or Ghioane) who runs around and beats the shit out of people, and if he can't do that, three lads sitting on CB are our second, and last line of defence. Two CMFs have kind of a mixed role. AMF links midfield line with three attackers up front. We strike through the middle, relying on sheer, brutal force. Many games ended in a literal bloodbath.

From this point we've got back on our feet. Especially in the second round of the season when we've won 10 and drawn 3 games. Getting back to the top was hard. When we reached first place again, Longobardi was awaiting us in fixture 18 or 19. And we've won 3-1 and confirmed that Commonwealth is BACK. Longobardies kinda lost their tempo and Marmara jumped on our back. Our first league game ended with...7-1 victory. They were way better at defending this time, but even then 3-1 victory on 25th fixture secured our fourth title and another star!

It was great to see Eastern League fight back this year. Ultimately their efforts were futile, but they came really, really close.

View attachment 5270

The Cups

It was a matter of honour to reclaim D1 Cup this year, after awful finale with Ruhr last season. Since we start from Round 2 as finalists, we've had only two rivals to overcome. Westfalen was tough, really tough but we won 2-1 twice and got through. Rhein got demolished in first leg (4-0) and draw in the rematch didn't matter. And in the final, yes, we've got Ruhr again...

What a terrible team to play against! Entire final was whack. They did everything in their power to ruin the show. Somehow, Bermar squeezed one in, but it shoulda been like 10-0 at least. So much luck on the Ruhr's side. Oh well, I've got my cup back. It's all that matters.

View attachment 5272

In Europe we've had WEFA Champions trophy to defend. As usual, we are just another kind of team in Europe. But first we were dropped in a really boring group, with Hanseaten, Rekordmeister and Galicia Norte this time around. Five wins, one goalless draw with RKM, we go into Knockout Stage. This time around Italians don't show up and it's between East, West and North. Scottish powerhouse, Old Firm Blue goes down battered and demoralized. First we beat them 4-2 at home, and then, in Scotland, we win 7-1, despite Old Firm Blue conceding only two in the first half.

Cataluna is next! And it seems they've learned a thing or two from Ruhr. Mega lucky equaliser from Saviola and then a show of shitfuckery and lady luck dancing around the pitch gives Catalonians precious draw in away game. And the same happens in a rematch! They respond to our goal quickly, and it's 1-1 until 65th minute. Something changed, a millionth counterattack was finally turned into goal by Karpin. In a typical PES style, Cataluna slowly fades away and we bang in one after another. When referee man ends the game it's 5-1 and we go into final to defend our WEFA heavyweight champion title.

It's Merseyside Red. We've done a swap deal before season - I've got Polish GK Dudek in exchange for my Polish GK Kuszczak. Both were set to take part in the grand finale. Yet again, it was a shit final, unworthy of even being a final, especially after our breathtaking performances against Scots and Catalonians. Same as with Ruhr, Bermar puts one past enemy goalie and without any troubles we win 1-0. Merseyside Red was simply not good at all. They tried a lot of longshots, failing to get a shot on target. Our title is defended and we head into Season 6 with a treble!

View attachment 5273

As a consolation prize for Northern League, North London won WEFA Masters Cup after beating infamous Peloponnisos 1-0 in the final.

Franchise Enhancement Period

We won everything we could, but I want more. Fifth star might be the final one, and we will win it in a huge style. Final huge signings were made this summer. We have defence sort out, it's time to grab some more big guns to ensure we always have someone to come through and score. Westfalen's top scorer and league's best striker in Season 4 and 5, Kemar is brought in for a modest sum of 15k points. We pay the same for Serbian striker from Stadhuisplein, Keznan. And on top of that we beat club record with 18k spent of Slovenian God AMF Zaoric. We tried bringing him in last year but it didn't work out. Especially now with 3-4-3 formation I need tons of offensive players.

We sell the random guy we've bought by accident last summer, Brazillian AMF Savio. Together with Barbonez he moves to Prague, got 18k points for both of them combined. A shock move for Bosnian striker and league top scorer from Season 3, but he was a disappointment this year. Especially now that Kemar, Keznan and Zaoric are in, it's time to let Barbonez go. Our veteran CF Wichniarek gets thrown out of the club because nobody wants to buy him and we don't need him anymore. He was of no use anymore. So we got rid of him. This is what we do.

Our squad looks almighty for the Season 6. Maybe the last one, although I love this team so much I just wanna keep going.

View attachment 5274

View attachment 5275

Already moved into Season 6 to see our WEFA Championship group and this year it's fantastic. Old Firm Blue (wonder if we'll trash them again lol), Chamartin and Juventus, it's going to be a blast!

And thus my story for today ends. I can't get enough of PES 3 - this game is simply something else!

That is some squad assembled in PES 3 @Anjin , nice work, and great to hear more PES 3 stories that me and @fmicablues7 discuss so much.

PES 3: All about the football, no faff. :TU::TU::TU:

@geeeeee , nice goal, I suspected as much that PES 6 on the Playstation 2 was just a poor port with lots of gameplay flaws and other PES games do still have the ball over the top tactical option.

Never like the dark footballs in later PES games though, that blue ball I remember in PES 2010 was just odd. :SHAKE::SHAKE::SHAKE:

I never liked PES6 so I gave it to a friend’s son and I stuck with PES5 back in the day. The balls can be changed. For some reason i kept with the PES2008 ball but you have about 10 choices i believe.

:OT: A little something from Tim Vickery, South American Football guru. Go to around 2 mins 50 secs on this piece of video of the Mexico '86 World Cup quarter final and see the divine elbow that perhaps gave birth to the Hand of God.

:OT: A little something from Tim Vickery, South American Football guru. Go to around 2 mins 50 secs on this piece of video of the Mexico '86 World Cup quarter final and see the divine elbow that perhaps gave birth to the Hand of God.
"you can't foul someone who's behind you"
I understand a lot of Englishmen don't like Maradona,or Argentina,but for the rest of us.
Best ever!
I think CR7 gets the same verbal treatment from commentators/fans.
Sad to see

"you can't foul someone who's behind you"
I understand a lot of Englishmen don't like Maradona,or Argentina,but for the rest of us.
Best ever!
I think CR7 gets the same verbal treatment from commentators/fans.
Sad to see

Yep, the English commentator can't believe one of the Queen's subjects would do such an underhand and continental type of nasty foul. As Vickery said, who would not fist the flippin' ball into the net after that. Terry Fenwick.:NONO::NONO::NONO:

http://www.espn.com/soccer/club/arg...maradona-and-the-hand-of-god-goal-30-years-on

Last edited:
Yep, the English commentator can't believe one of the Queen's subjects would do such an underhand and continental type of nasty foul. As Vickery said, who would not fist the flippin' ball into the net after that. Terry Fenwick.:NONO::NONO::NONO:

http://www.espn.com/soccer/club/arg...maradona-and-the-hand-of-god-goal-30-years-on
That's a good read.
Wonder how good old Diego would have been on modern pitches,and refs giving fouls like they do today.
One of my,if not my biggest hero!
Milan's 90'defence,Platini,Zizou, Gazza,Viera in mf.
Diego upfront with Ronaldo (brazil)
No clue on GK,but I'll have Neur in there

Back
Top Bottom