The Retro-PES Corner

It's an IKEA armchair,you know us Swedes..
Yeah I know, I'm kind of an aficionado when it comes to IKEA.
I currently have a PS Pendel which was eagerly reminding me of the time passing/running out during the second leg of the playoff between Italy and Sweden, several Lack tables, a Bestå living room set (which I bought and assembled with my wife's father less than a month ago), a Växbo which my wife and I filled with photos of us and of our friends, and a Rågrund chair which will end up in the bathroom (for the towels) which is still packed. :LOL:

Yeah I know, I'm kind of an aficionado when it comes to IKEA.
I currently have a PS Pendel which was eagerly reminding me of the time passing/running out during the second leg of the playoff between Italy and Sweden, several Lack tables, a Bestå living room set (which I bought and assembled with my wife's father less than a month ago), a Växbo which my wife and I filled with photos of us and of our friends, and a Rågrund chair which will end up in the bathroom (for the towels) which is still packed. :LOL:
Ha ha,yeah it's a few IKEA stuff here to man.
I'm often at 2nd hand stores looking for retro (suprise right?) furniture's,often old IKEA stuff,or even better Danish 60-70s tables etc.
I think my favourite line of furniture's are the Stockholm series,very vintage and very classic.

That chair was assembled by my 12 year old daughter,she's very sharp at reading info:)

Sorry guys it's now the "retro Pes- corner/IKEA and retro furniture" thread

I am playing PES 6 in Birds-Eye camera view, (players look like ants) on a 28'' inch TV and I am about a metre tops away from screen and still a struggle for me poor eyes.:CONFUSE::CONFUSE::CONFUSE:
Ha ha,sounds rough mate,are you on a old TV with your PS2?
I read that some PS2 has wide-screen option.
Just curious since I'll probably end up playing PS2 given the insane retro trend you guys "forced" me Into!

Or I'll go hard core and play on a old intelvision/c64

https://kitserver.mapote.com/files/

Kitserver 3.10 is the one you need

Extract the folder into your pes3 game folder (where the pes3.exe is) open the kitserver folder and run setup.exe. In the window that pops up navigate to the pes3.exe , open that and then click install back in the window. You're then good to go.

If you go to kiteserver.mapote.com there's instructions there on kitserver, 3 isn't there but if you read kitserver 5 it's more or less the same (just more things on kitserver 5 than 3)
thx a lot, my only problem now is, i can t get the xbox 360 controller to work with the game, i ve already selected it in the settings icon, but i enter the game, no xbox controller at all, only keyboard works, any fix thx

Ha ha,sounds rough mate,are you on a old TV with your PS2?
I read that some PS2 has wide-screen option.
Just curious since I'll probably end up playing PS2 given the insane retro trend you guys "forced" me Into!

Or I'll go hard core and play on a old intelvision/c64

@rockstrongo , yep the Playstation 2 does support widescreen for most games released after 2002 and I have a decent Panasonic Viera telly, only four years old, and I have a game moded screen setting on it that pretty much removes the dreaded blurred or juddered ball motion that LED/LCD televisions are infamous for.

Oh bring me back to the early 2000s, the PES games were better and the giant block of a CRT telly in your gaff had superb motion display for playing PES games or watching a game of football. :LOVE::LOVE::LOVE:

thx a lot, my only problem now is, i can t get the xbox 360 controller to work with the game, i ve already selected it in the settings icon, but i enter the game, no xbox controller at all, only keyboard works, any fix thx
From the ingame button configuration menu,can't you see your xbox controller?

Last edited:
@slamsoze I see Lazoli replied, sorry I wasn't about on here to reply. Great that you've got it all set up now :)

@WhoAteMeDinner Did I imagine you mentioning you had a pc? You should give wel9e a download even if you don't go online with it. I think you'll really like it. I'd never played it before until 2 weeks ago and I think it could well now be my favourite PES. You can still hit balls over the top too. So I'm thinking that PES6 must have been the version that brought in shorter long balls if that makes sense.

Oh and on the subject of penalties, I started a league on it and 3 games in I have been given two penalties and given one away myself. :)

Hmm, so you set it up in settings.exe right? Which player number did you have it as? I've never used an xbox controller but I assume if you can set it up in settings.exe then there's no reason it shouldn't show in the game. Perhaps try putting it in as player 1 if it isn't already?

Hmm, so you set it up in settings.exe right? Which player number did you have it as? I've never used an xbox controller but I assume if you can set it up in settings.exe then there's no reason it shouldn't show in the game. Perhaps try putting it in as player 1 if it isn't already?
it is as player 1, still no input whatsoever ingame..

Sometimes you just have to pause the game, swing the camera around, and save the replay.

Why is it that in retro-pes, missing chances can be (almost) as good as scoring? :)
great vid, indeed u feel satisfied even if u miss, that s what s great about those.

@Lobbedball That's really strange then. Hopefully someone else has used an xbox controller with pes3 and can help, I don't really know what else to suggest. If it's showing in settings.exe it is weird that it wouldn't be the controller in the game. The buttons are set ok I assume and matched up to what they should be in the settings.exe window?

@Lobbedball That's really strange then. Hopefully someone else has used an xbox controller with pes3 and can help, I don't really know what else to suggest. If it's showing in settings.exe it is weird that it wouldn't be the controller in the game. The buttons are set ok I assume and matched up to what they should be in the settings.exe window?
it worked after i went into button configuration inside the game and had to change that from keyboard to xbox controller,
and man the game is hard i played a match as konami cup and lost first match 0-1 , couldn t score, damn hard game.

@geeeeee Tell me about it. I think a lot of it comes with the challenge, you don't take it for granted when you score on these games. Part of the triumph when you do, part of the agony when you don't.

Even when the AI have a certain opportunity on goal, there's no better feeling when somehow.. it's denied!
Great block off the head of Southgate to save Schwarzer the inconvenience.

GIF-180717_143034.gif

@geeeeee @MafiaMurderBag haven't been pissed off since starting this retro voyage.
Of course you get miffed when losing,but it's not "fucking piece of shit mother fuck c**t game" and then throwing or showing controller somewhere (not the only one doing that...right?) like I had on script fest games like 15-16-17-18
Feels refreshing

@geeeeee Tell me about it. I think a lot of it comes with the challenge, you don't take it for granted when you score on these games. Part of the triumph when you do, part of the agony when you don't.

Even when the AI have a certain opportunity on goal, there's no better feeling when somehow.. it's denied!
Great block off the head of Southgate to save Schwarzer the inconvenience.

View attachment 5201

Yeh i love the goal mouth scrambles in retro-pes. You can even get 3 or 4 shots blocked sometimes and then straight after, a cross coming in, followed by a header clear and then a 20yrd volley being deflected wide, while the gk dives in desperation the wrong way. In newer PES it’s mostly either a goal, saved, or just wide.

I love Schwarzer’ desperate clearance by the way. He could have taken Southgate’s head off.

4963256B-4675-4AC6-825D-3B415E029810.png Games are getting tougher and tougher now.
18 games in and I had Rayo Vallecano at home managed to squeeze by with a 1-0 win.
Think I need to start play with another tactics for a while,they read me kinda easily
Scored on a shot just inside the box,one of very few on goal

@rockstrongo Love reading you ML Diaries, the thing with ML's and Tourny's on these games is they tell stories.
Glad it's not just me who feels like the AI starts to learn your setup and for whatever reason, call it scripting, call it adaptive AI.. It just stops working and you have to mix it up and find a new formula, just like a real manager would.

Great screen shot too.

@rockstrongo Love reading you ML Diaries, the thing with ML's and Tourny's on these games is they tell stories.
Glad it's not just me who feels like the AI starts to learn your setup and for whatever reason, call it scripting, call it adaptive AI.. It just stops working and you have to mix it up and find a new formula, just like a real manager would.

Great screen shot too.
Thanx mate,means a lot.
Yes,we need to mix it up every now and then,otherwise you'll lose.

Love the fact that games gets tougher to,not just the CPU pinging it around and make it it impossible,but actually stops you from attacking by playing smart Def and off.

Last long ML I had was on 17,I really liked it,but I had a very strong team and no matter what they threw at me (scripting etc) I managed to beat it.

But this feels more of an challenge since funds are limited,and signing players,even if you have the funds,are very tough!
Loved that head save btw

The WE9LE Online League
Given that we're having more people joining our WE9LE server - by the way, welcome to the club @slamsoze! - it's time to define who's participating in our following league season. Whoever wants to join in, please copy/paste this list here on the thread, adding your name on it:

League members:
- miguelfcp
-
-
-
(...)

Remember that in order to be able to join this league, you've got to have both the game and the online enviornment set up. This post's instructions will get you there, fast and easy.
In order to have a clear idea of how many participants we'll really have, I ask you to write your name on that list only after you're already all set-up and able to play online.
If you need any help with it, drop by the Online Club or ask here on the Corner.

Yeh i love the goal mouth scrambles in retro-pes. You can even get 3 or 4 shots blocked sometimes and then straight after, a cross coming in, followed by a header clear and then a 20yrd volley being deflected wide, while the gk dives in desperation the wrong way. In newer PES it’s mostly either a goal, saved, or just wide.

I love Schwarzer’ desperate clearance by the way. He could have taken Southgate’s head off.

It's just great isn't it. You haven't lived until you've panic cleared a ball in your own area towards your own goal and slammed it off the post, back over your head to safety :) I tried to tell my computer team mates it was intentional...

Back
Top Bottom