The Retro-PES Corner

@mattmid , matters mate, it always seemed a requirement to me, that top keepers wore tracky bottoms:

https://www.balls.ie/football/the-few-the-proud-the-tracksuit-wearing-goalkeepers-a-tribute-317014

Even the all-time greatest between the sticks (sorry Gigi, Gordon and Dino) the Black Panther spurned the pants sometimes. :WORSHIP::WORSHIP::WORSHIP:

training-session-of-lev-yashin-yashin-was-voted-the-best-goalkeeper-picture-id639618047

All this talk of mine today of Der Kaiser and The Black Panther has got me thinking about my legendary default squad main men, who are ageing in PES 6 very sadly.

Experts of the Default Challenge, @miguelfcp and @mattmid , do you know if legends like Espinas, Macco and Ceciu after they retire, do they reappear in the Newcomers List as regen teenagers ? Thanks. :PRAY::PRAY::PRAY:

@WhoAteMeDinner: Yes they do, I remember how tempted I was to get a 17-year-old Minanda on my 2008 ML. Though I don't know if every default re-appears as regen throughout the campaign...

Two must win games for me.
Celta Vigo at home.
Tough first hslf,where they scored on a poorly cleared cross.
Then on the second half I pushed everything up,scored on a header in the 66th minute and after a 10 min bombardment I also scored a game winner in the 88th minute.
This could have been my 3-1 goal,look at the poor touch and then stumbling from the CPU Def, lovely!

2nd game,Away at Mallorca.
19-4 in shots says everything,except the score,0-0!
Had two in the crossbar,and my big signing H Postiga,is firing blanks.
1 goal in 12!
Commentators ended the game by saying "this Def tactics are ruining the game,manager should be ashamed!"

Next one,Getafe away,must win!
I'm in 10th after 15 games,so I'm doing alright,but tougher games coming up

World Cup Final WE9LE Online - France (@miguelfcp) vs. Croatia (@lazoli)

Croatia's road to the final begun with a win over @miguelfcp's Russia (0-0, 4-2 on PKs). On the semifinals, faced Sweden who had just beaten @mattmid's England (3-0). Croatia dominated the match and won 4-0, advancing to the final.
France started their campaign with a win over @mattmid's Uruguay (1-0). Then, eliminated Belgium - who had shockingly eliminated @wildwind's Brazil - with a final score of 2-0. Despite arriving to the very last game of the tournament, @miguelfcp's France relied mostly on their solid defensive organization, never playing an attractive brand of football. As for @lazoli's Croatia, it was the exact opposite: attacking, creative football that peaked with the 4-0 win against Sweden. Those who saw it live and on the live broadcast say it was a display of dominance.

Now France vs. Croatia, the beautiful vs. the cynic...who would win? France tried to submit Croatia from the kickoff, eventually scoring the first goal of the match by Trezeguet ('32). Croatia fought back but still, at halftime, France's 1-0 lead was well-deserved.
What happened in the 2nd half was a display of brilliance by @lazoli's tactics that the french (and croatian) fans will never forget. It was clear that France was no longer in control, and Klasnic confirmed that with the equalizer (48'). Sadly for the french, the attacking avalanche kept going strong. It was only a matter of time until Croatia scored again, again by Klasnic (72'). The media says @miguelfcp should've strengthened the midfield with Mavuba or Pedretti when the game was 1-1...but he didn't make any subs. Right after the 2-1 Giuly got in for Pires, France changed from their usual 4-4-2 into a 4-3-3, however Croatia's domination remained untouched and they got the trophy in the end, as Zidane's last chance for another World Cup win flies away. On the way to the tunnel after the final whistle, he couldn't hide his dissatisfaction with the manager's incompetence and headbutted @miguelfcp. When asked about it on the post match interview, he dismissed it: "that's ok, I deserved it".
As for manager @lazoli, when asked about what was the secret for the team's fantastic 2nd half after a mediocre 1st, he resumed it in one word only.
mgc.gif

2nFYmgK.jpg

It was a tough, enjoyable, and unpredictable competition. We began to play it from the quarter-finals onwards (with real-life fixtures), but after this amazing experience the four of us have shared, I can't help but ask: how even more legendary would it have been if we had played a full World Cup? But in order for that to happen, we need more players, so if you're still reading my post...I've got a map for you:

WE9LE Online Patch
(to set the game up) ---» Retro-PES Online Club (to get you on our server) ---» The Retro-PES Corner (to share your adventures online)

Last edited:
@miguelfcp that sounds like a terrific idea. I have many memories of me and my mates setting up a World Cup and Champions Leagues on PES 4-6 and making all the teams playable & dividing them between us, selecting a number of teams each trying to see who can get the most teams to progress. So many memories and the tournaments told their own stories. Since growing older and apart, I'll never get them days back, I do it by myself sometimes and did a few Youtube series this way but it's not the same when it's not experienced with others.

Would be cool to do this again with like minded members here.

Speaking of memories, who can forget the warmth and the charm of snow and a winter ball this classic game provided in a way unmatched by modern games. Those after school nights of sitting in front of the space heater and bombing through a Master League of which was never a chore.

Take me back to a Highbury which oozed character and atmosphere any day.

Great through pass from Buckley and top corner finish by Smolorek by a merciless AI. Gotta love those 3D fans you'd be greeted with on very rare and random occasions.
GIF-180716_093933.gif

Spent a few hours looking at Pes 2008 gameplay on ps3.
I know the ps2 gameplay is solid,but from what I’ve seen,it looks really good.
Anyone played it recently?

Getafe away was probably my toughest game so far.
Tried to push forward,but quickly realised I needed to defend deep.
1-0 down after 16 Min,managed to eqalised in the 35th,CPU Def struck a ball to loose to its team mate,and I snatched it up and scored.

2nd half and I was pinned down,and in the 79th minute a went long and CPU Def made a mess of it when trying to play back to their keeper,got a toe on it and made 2-1.
Last ten minutes I played 4-5-1 ultra defensive.
Great away win.
Next up Real Madrid in the 16th round

I haven't enjoyed Pes this much the past 5-6 years I think.
Edge of the seat,fistpumping,great stuff

I am experimenting with my PES 2014 this afternoon. I think i play the latest version with PTE Patch. Assigning Pass ASsist level from 1 to 2 i find i can control better the game even in superstar.In my first ML game i achieved possesion 71%.Ok i know it is idiotic but it is against Rayo. I must check against stronger teams.I play as Leeds by the way. One strong point i noticed. I am feeling that, although PES 2014 is a seperate chapter from the whole saga, its mechanics and mentality is closer to PES 2012-2013 than PES 2015,despite 2014 & 2015 share the same (fox) engine. Forgive me if i am wrong, just the general feeling i take from the game.

p.s.: Every time i take an older title i use to get shocked by things like these compared to 2018 experience. I equalised winning a penalty! :SHOCK::SHOCK::SHOCK::APPLAUD:
azgV5Pa.png

Last edited:
can anyone please provide links for kitserver for pes3, and how to install thx

https://kitserver.mapote.com/files/

Kitserver 3.10 is the one you need

Extract the folder into your pes3 game folder (where the pes3.exe is) open the kitserver folder and run setup.exe. In the window that pops up navigate to the pes3.exe , open that and then click install back in the window. You're then good to go.

If you go to kiteserver.mapote.com there's instructions there on kitserver, 3 isn't there but if you read kitserver 5 it's more or less the same (just more things on kitserver 5 than 3)

@mattmid i am installing WE9LE online now. I am still in step 1. Although 1,8gb this instalation seems to last for ever! I hope it does not ask me to restart my computer after finishing!!! :D :P Do i need to pm lazoli after 5 steps done sucessfully?

I am experimenting with my PES 2014 this afternoon. I think i play the latest version with PTE Patch. Assigning Pass ASsist level from 1 to 2 i find i can control better the game even in superstar.In my first ML game i achieved possesion 71%.Ok i know it is idiotic but it is against Rayo. I must check against stronger teams.I play as Leeds by the way. One strong point i noticed. I am feeling that, although PES 2014 is a seperate chapter from the whole saga, its mechanics and mentality is closer to PES 2012-2013 than PES 2015,despite 2014 & 2015 share the same (fox) engine. Forgive me if i am wrong, just the general feeling i take from the game.

p.s.: Every time i take an older title i use to get shocked by things like these compared to 2018 experience. I equalised winning a penalty! :SHOCK::SHOCK::SHOCK::APPLAUD:
azgV5Pa.png
Same here pal,I've had 3 pens in 15 games,and 0 in 50+ games on 18,and probably 4-5 in 17 (300+games)
Always gets shocks me.
Find 14 fun?

Same here pal,I've had 3 pens in 15 games,and 0 in 50+ games on 18,and probably 4-5 in 17 (300+games)
Always gets shocks me.
Find 14 fun?
Same for me, i got 1 penalty in 500+ games in 2018. The fun fact is i used to hate winning matches from penalty kicks in old PES.
Yeah i think it is fun as i got bored to death with 2018ML and 2019 discussion!!! You know it has always its issues, clunky when trying to turn fast, seems to have about 200ms input lag some times,maybe you feel you dont control 100% your team but it produces some good moments. I admire the physicality this game has.The body collisions, the toe-to-toe fights,the shoulder charges.
And the graphics+lightning is something awesome. I play in a lapotop without VGA in low and medium (forced) settings and the atmosphere looks brilliant. Only problem, it never rains in my world! :P

Same for me, i got 1 penalty in 500+ games in 2018. Yeah i think it is fun as i got bored to death with 2018ML and 2019 discussion!!! You know it has always its issues, clunky when trying to turn fast, seems to have about 200ms input lag some times but it produces good momentes. And the graphics+lightning is something awesome. I play in a lapotop without VGA in low and medium (forced) settings and the atmosphere looks brilliant. Only problem, it never rains in my world! :P
That was the reason I didn't buy it when it came out,the rain!
Or the no rain to be more specific.
I was on Xbox 360 then and skipped it,and moved on to FIFA 14 (god knows why I kept playing that) then got 15-16 on both 360 and XB1.

Yes the input lag is probably what keeps me from playing it.
Very solid in some aspects,but input +no rain kills it for me.
Maybe I'll enjoy it more after I've played 11-12-13 for a long time

Anyways,glad you like it mate,hope you get a great ML going

Back to offline PES retro games anyhoo.....

PES 6 Default Originals Challenge Restart 6 Season 1 ended well with a draw and a win to make three wins and two draws for the season and combined with aforementioned ruthless forced transfer listing policy of getting rid of some new gen dead wood like Lothar and Dodo has allowed me to sign re gen teenagers: Kelsen, Dulic, Harty and Barota with Celnili on the way when he accepts a salary offer, greedy chap. :Y1:Y1:Y1

On to season two for the hard men Macco, Harty and Espinas. :COAT::COAT::COAT:

The moment you realize that the German editions of PES 3 and PES 4 which you bought second-hand off Amazon from an unknown retailer for less than an Euro each also feature Italian in the list of supported/installable languages... :LOVE:

Gotta do some retrogaming myself tonight :GSCARF::RSCARF:

A few games coming up soon,Real Madrid being one..ay ay!
Btw lads,I've just realised how close i sit to my TV
Never been a guy who can lay on the couch playing?
Do you sit glued to your screens as well
Notice my water bottle and "Snus" on the table there.
Very,very important!View attachment 5192
Two and a half metres away from a 49" TV here. I feel pretty comfortable.
PS: very nice armchair there, I wish I had enough room for one of those too.

Two and a half metres away from a 49" TV here. I feel pretty comfortable.
PS: very nice armchair there, I wish I had enough room for one of those too.
Thanks mate,yeah I wish I had an extra room for gaming,I'm on a 46",if I had the pants in my house,probably a 75"

It's an IKEA armchair,you know us Swedes..thanx man.

Hope you enjoy your Pes 3-4.
We're long ovedue for a online game mate,I'll hit you up next time I'm on the Xbox!

A tight 1-1 draw Vs Real at home.
Very pleased!

Game nr 2 were against Granada at home,a team in the bottom five
Surprisingly tough first half,ended 1-1.
2nd half I applied massive pressure and went for a win
Scored 2-1 on a screamer

Shortly after a poorly cleared header landed on Ezequiels feet and he placed in 3-1 and we won it
IMG_20180716_230517.jpg

Game nr 3 were against Malaga,and it's a team that are playing very well
In fifth place going in to this fixture.
My players were completely knackered,either on blue arrows or purple,if not any of those on green but fatigued
They smashed me 4-0,didn't stand a chance,and they scored some beautiful goals as well
IMG_20180716_232116.jpg
*Noticed the quality of the pics,just zoom in a bit*
Next game is an away game Vs league leaders Athletico Bilbao,and I'm still suffering from fatigue/bad form,it's gonna be park the bus for me!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom