The Retro-PES Corner

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I’m looking for an up to date PES 2013 patch, if there is any? Or if anyone has created a classic patch from around mid 00s era?

I browsed the editing forum but couldn’t find any.

Alright, it's been a while since I last posted here, but I wanted to share with the retro community what I've been up to for the last few months. And this will be very long, so go grab a cup of coffee and something to eat.

After playing PES 6 for an unbelievable amount of time ever since it came out, and having played the prequels as far back as ISSD on the SNES, I decided to get even much more than the most that I had been getting from this absolute gem. So one day I came up with the idea to create my very own realistic Champions League, UEFA Cup, and a fictitious Conference League, that we all know didn't exist back then, but I said to myself what the hell. What's new about this? Well, not much one might argue. We pretty much have always had the chance to play these club tournaments and some other national ones by choosing one team and taking it to the top. So how would I go about it then? Simple: I decided that I was going to play all the leagues that the game (or the patch I've been using - @Fabri55 ‘s Original Season) offered; that is, Serie A, Bundesliga, La Liga, Ligue 1, and Premier League, and I would use the actual final standings to create the tournaments. So:
  • The first 4 teams of each of the 5 major leagues would qualify to the group stage of the UEFA Champions League to be drawn later once all the leagues had been played. The winners of each league would go to Pot 1; the runner-ups, to Pot 2; third place to Pot 3, and fourth place, well, you catch my drift. Once all the leagues had been played, we would have a grand total of 20 teams. In order to create an 8-group tournament with 4 teams per group, I would randomly choose the remaining 12 teams from the UEFA "Other Leagues" (Galatasaray, Panathinaikos, Porto, etc.).
  • 5th and 6th would qualify to the group stage of the UEFA Cup/Europa League: 5th place to Pot 1 and 6th to Pot 2. Once all the leagues had been played, we would have a total of 10 teams. In order to create a 4-group tournament with 16 teams, I would randomly choose the remaining 6 teams from the UEFA "Other Leagues" as well.
  • 7th and 8th would go to the KO stages of the made up Europa Conference League, for lack of a better name, resulting in 10 teams also. In order to create a 16-team KO Stage, I would obtain the remaining 6 teams at random from the UEFA "Other Leagues" too.
  • Finally, the 5 league cup winners would play a newer version of the Cup Winner's Cup, aka Recopa.
  • The winners of each cup (Champions, UEFA, Conference, and Recopa) would clash against one another in a final 4-team tournament to decide the best squad of the season, a tournament I christened Gods of PES Cup, given the name of my channel.
So, with pretty much everything planned, I started the first season. When I was thinking about which teams to use, I decided to add yet another challenge: I was to play each league with a random team but I was forbidden from controlling the most powerful ones. For example, in the Serie A, I left out the following teams out of the eligible team list: Milan, Inter, Roma, and Fiorentina (and perhaps Lazio, if my memory serves well). I ended up getting Parma FC, and this is how it went:

RWPX30i.jpg

Not too bad, huh? Of course, all of this under Top Player difficulty. We reached an unbelievable record of unbeaten games (which still hasn’t been broken) - 29 league matches and 33 three if you count the league cup. Key players: Budan and Muslimovic (15 and 13 goals each), Morfeo, Grella, Fernando Couto, Bucci.

So, as per the qualifying criteria, the first 4 teams qualified to the group stage of the UCL; the next 2, to the group stage of UEL; the next 2, to the KO stage of ECL, and the league cup winner to the Recopa. Kind of like this:

Qualified to UEFA Champions League (group stage):

Champion (Pot 1)
: Internazionale
Runner up (Pot 2): AC Milan
Third place (Pot 3): a surprising Parma FC
Fourth place
(Pot 4): AS Roma

Qualified to UEFA Cup / Europa League (group stage):

5th place (Pot 1): Fiorentina
6th place (Pot 2): Lazio

Qualified to Conference League (KO stage):

7th place (Pot 1)
: Torino FC
8th place (Pot 2): Palermo

Qualified to Recopa (league cup winner): Internazionale (double)

Next, it was Bundesliga's turn. I drew FC Energie Cottbus. I know. Shitty. Anyways, this is how it ended:

si6ayng.jpg

Another surprising finish! Don’t really know how I managed to make it, and we even won the DFB-POKAL, which qualified us to the Recopa XD. Key players: not many to be honest. Well, yes, Kioyo the top scorer. He won the golden boot with 23 goals.

354889531-280565071140906-8549014140253132901-n.jpg

Champion (Pot 1)
: Bayern Münich
Runner up (Pot 2): Werder Bremen
Third place (Pot 3): I know, right? FC Energie Cottbus!
Fourth place
(Pot 4): Hamburger SV

5th place (Pot 1): Borussia Dortmund
6th place (Pot 2): Bayer Leverkusen

7th place (Pot 1)
: Schalke 04
8th place (Pot 2): Stuttgart

Qualified to Recopa (league cup winner): FC Energie Cottbus!

Next up, La Liga. I got Racing de Santander (Scaloni's former team). This is how it went:

H9PWPqZ.jpg

It went amazingly well! I tried to fend off Barcelona, but it was impossible to beat them, let alone catch them. They were actually crowned champions in week 32 if I’m not mistaken. Crazy. Key players: Nikola Zigic (34 goals, like WTF), Munitis, Scaloni, Colsa, Toño.

Champion (Pot 1)
: Barcelona
Runner up (Pot 2): RACING DE SANTANDER!
Third place (Pot 3)
: Real Madrid
Fourth place (Pot 4): Atlético Madrid

5th place (Pot 1): Valencia CF
6th place (Pot 2): Real Zaragoza

7th place (Pot 1)
: Sevilla FC
8th place (Pot 2): Real Betis

Qualified to Recopa (league cup winner): Real Madrid

Next up, Ligue 1. I drew Stade Rennais. Not bad. We actually won the league.

mrKi7Yw.jpg

Key players: John Utaka, what a beast (26 goals), Briand (13), Moreira, Sorlin, Melchiot.

Champion (Pot 1)
: STADE RENNAIS!
Runner up (Pot 2)
: Lyon
Third place (Pot 3): PSG
Fourth place (Pot 4): Saint-Etienne

5th place (Pot 1): Bordeaux
6th place (Pot 2): Toulouse

7th place (Pot 1)
: Le Mans
8th place (Pot 2): Lens

Qualified to Recopa (league cup winner): Lyon

And finally, it was Barclay's Premier League's turn. I drew a really good side: Aston Villa. Unfortunately we couldn't win the league but we managed to qualify to another UCL:

I9TBAgZ.jpg

Key players: first and foremost, John Carew with 40 goals. Yes, 40. Out of this world. He ended up getting 16 more in the UCL, so 56 goals in the entire season. Absolutely mental my lad. Others who shone were Petrov, Agbonlahor, Mellberg.

Champion (Pot 1)
: Manchester United
Runner up (Pot 2): Chelsea
Third place (Pot 3): Aston Villa!
Fourth place
(Pot 4): Arsenal

5th place (Pot 1): Liverpool
6th place (Pot 2): Newcastle

7th place (Pot 1)
: Tottenham
8th place (Pot 2): Portsmouth

Qualified to Recopa (league cup winner): Manchester United

More in the next post.

Edit: typos.

Last edited:
Alright, so the first part of the job was done. I had the 20 qualified UCL teams for the group stage, the 10 UEL for the group stage, and the 10 ECL qualified for the KO stage. Now it was time to add the remaining teams to each competition: 12 for the UCL, 6 for the UEL, and 6 more for the ECL.

To do this, I simply took the 29 teams available in the UEFA "Other Leagues" and randomized them into the pots of each tournament. I forgave Juventus and provided them with a spot in the UCL. I just couldn't leave the Vecchia Signora out of such a cup. So, this is what the pots looked like in the end:

UEFA Champions League:

Pot 1
: Internazionale, Bayern Münich, FC Barcelona, Stade Rennais FC, Manchester United, Juventus FC, Ajax, FC Porto
Pot 2: AC Milan, Werder Bremen, Racing Santander, Olympique Lyonnais, Chelsea, PSV Eindhoven, Benfica, Fenerbahçe
Pot 3: Parma FC, FC Energie Cottbus, Real Madrid FC, Paris Saint-Germain, Aston Villa FC, Galatasaray, Shakthar Donetsk, CSKA Moscow
Pot 4: AS Roma, Hamburger SV, Atlético Madrid, AS Saint-Etienne, Arsenal FC, Dynamo Kyiv, Spartak Moscow, Olympiacos CF

UEFA Cup / Europa League:

Pot 1: Fiorentina, Borussia Dortmund, Valencia, Girondins de Bordeaux, Liverpool, AZ Aalkmar, Sporting Lisbon, Beşiktaş
Pot 2: Lazio, Bayer Leverkusen, Real Zaragoza, Toulouse FC, Newcastle United, Club Brugge, Celtic FC, Panathinaikos FC

Conference League:

Pot 1: Torino FC, Schalke 04, Sevilla FC, Le Mans FC, Tottenham Hotspur, Feyenoord Rotterdam, AEK Athens, Basel 1893
Pot 2: Palermo, Stuttgart, Real Betis, RC Lens, Portsmouth FC, FC Zenit, Glasgow Rangers, Rosenborg BK

Now that everything was set, it was time for the draw. This is what the draw for each competition looked like:

UEFA Champions League:

6Md3GvV.png

Group A:
Bayern Münich, PSV Eindhoven, Shakthar Donetsk, AS Roma
Group B: AC Milan, FC Barcelona, FC Energie Cottbus, AS Saint-Etienne (the first group of death)
Group C: Manchester United, Werder Bremen, Real Madrid, Olympiacos CF (the second group of death)
Group D: Internazionale, Chelsea, CSKA Moscow, Hamburg SV (the third and final group of death)
Group E: Juventus FC, Fenerbahçe, Aston Villa, Dynamo Kyiv
Grupo F: Stade Rennais FC, Racing Santander, Parma FC, Arsenal FC (yes, those three I managed into the same group)
Group G: Ajax, Benfica, PSG, Atlético Madrid (arguably another death group given the balance amongst all the teams)
Group H: Porto, Lyon, Galatasaray, Spartak Moscow

UEFA Cup / Europa League:

y3eSjNQ.jpg

Conference League:

puiL7bk.jpg

Last edited:
Given it was the first season, I started immediately with the Champions League, as it was what everyone was expecting in my YouTube channel (that's why there are no cool graphics of the group stage as in the others, which started later). This is how the group stage ended:

Group A: Bayern Münich and Shakthar Donetsk went through; PSV to UEFA Cup R16; Roma out.
Group B: AC Milan and Barcelona through; Saint-Etienne to R16 UEFA Cup; Energie Cottbus out =(
Group C: Werder Bremen and Manchester United through; Real Madrid to R16 UEFA Cup; Olympiacos out
Group D: Chelsea and Inter through; Hamburger to UEFA Cup R16; CSKA out
Group E: Aston Villa and Juventus through; Fenerbahçe to UEFA Cup R16; Kyiv out
Group F: Arsenal and Parma through; Racing Santander to UEFA Cup R16; Stade Rennais out =(
Group G: PSG and Ajax through; Atlético Madrid to UEFA Cup R16; Benfica out
Group H: Lyon and Galatasaray through; Porto to UEFA Cup R16; Spartak Moscow out

And this is what the Round of 16 draw looked like, with the 2 pots as follows:

Pot 1: Bayern Münich, AC Milan, Werder Bremen, Chelsea, Aston Villa, Arsenal, PSG, Lyon
Pot 2: Shakthar Donetsk, Barcelona, Manchester United, Inter, Juventus, Parma, Ajax, Galatasaray

6Zrybtu.jpg

• Milan went through to the QF with a comfortable 5-1 over Galatasaray on aggregate.
  • Aston Villa surprised Barcelona with a 3-3 on aggregate and went through thanks to the away goal rule.
  • Juventus defeated Arsenal 3-2 on AGG in a very tight matchup.
  • Manchester United couldn't hold a candle agains titans Bayern Münich, who won 3-1 on AGG.
  • Shakthar Donetsk upset PSG 3-1 on AGG.
  • Chelsea thrashed Parma with a 9-1 on AGG, including a 0-9 in Italy.
  • Inter prevailed against Werder Bremen with a 5-2 on AGG that wasn’t as easy as it looks.
  • Ajax defeated Lyon in another very tight match thanks to the away goal rule. 3-3 on AGG.
Your Quarter Finals draw:

CyDqN2y.jpg

• The romance between Aston Villa and the UCL continued as they prevailed against actual champions AC Milan 4-3 on agg.
  • Juventus edged Bayern Münich with a tight 2-1 on AGG.
  • Chelsea suffered more than necessary to defeat Shakthar 5-3 on agg.
  • Inter also suffered a lot to defeat Ajax 4-2 on agg.
Your Semi Finals draw. It was either an all-Italian final or an all-English one:

VYHGtGv.jpg

• What Aston Villa did on both legs will remain unmatched for a long time. 10-2 on AGG (1-5 and 5-1) gave the villains the chance to play the UCL final against Mourinho's Chelsea, which defeated Inter 4-2 on AGG.
QLJSegT.jpg

In the Grand Finale, two English teams met to determine who would be European kings. See for yourself:

qvnM1PE.jpg

CUA39jm.jpg

sv4oDsI.jpg

PwEya4A.jpg

That was the end of the first part. I will continue another day with the other 3 competitions. You can find more of this in my YouTube channel, which is linked in my signature. Cheers and may the PES Gods be with you! Merry Christmas everybody!

Last edited:
Anyone know how to reset kitserver in game?

Like I've played a friendly in PES6 and selected the ball and stadium I wanted to play in for that one friendly but then I go and play another and it's stuck with that ball and stadium and I then just have to keep picking the correct one? Is there a reset so it'll pick the correct one for the team I select like it does originally? If I wanted to start a master league now or do a cup or anything it'll stick to the ball and stadium I just picked rather than the one assigned in kitserver.

Given it was the first season, I started immediately with the Champions League, as it was what everyone was expecting in my YouTube channel (that's why there are no cool graphics of the group stage as in the others, which started later). This is how the group stage ended:

Group A: Bayern Münich and Shakthar Donetsk went through; PSV to UEFA Cup R16; Roma out.
Group B: AC Milan and Barcelona through; Saint-Etienne to R16 UEFA Cup; Energie Cottbus out =(
Group C: Werder Bremen and Manchester United through; Real Madrid to R16 UEFA Cup; Olympiacos out
Group D: Chelsea and Inter through; Hamburger to UEFA Cup R16; CSKA out
Group E: Aston Villa and Juventus through; Fenerbahçe to UEFA Cup R16; Kyiv out
Group F: Arsenal and Parma through; Racing Santander to UEFA Cup R16; Stade Rennais out =(
Group G: PSG and Ajax through; Atlético Madrid to UEFA Cup R16; Benfica out
Group H: Lyon and Galatasaray through; Porto to UEFA Cup R16; Spartak Moscow out

And this is what the Round of 16 draw looked like, with the 2 pots as follows:

Pot 1: Bayern Münich, AC Milan, Werder Bremen, Chelsea, Aston Villa, Arsenal, PSG, Lyon
Pot 2: Shakthar Donetsk, Barcelona, Manchester United, Inter, Juventus, Parma, Ajax, Galatasaray

6Zrybtu.jpg

• Milan went through to the QF with a comfortable 5-1 over Galatasaray on aggregate.
  • Aston Villa surprised Barcelona with a 3-3 on aggregate and went through thanks to the away goal rule.
  • Juventus defeated Arsenal 3-2 on AGG in a very tight matchup.
  • Manchester United couldn't hold a candle agains titans Bayern Münich, who won 3-1 on AGG.
  • Shakthar Donetsk upset PSG 3-1 on AGG.
  • Chelsea thrashed Parma with a 9-1 on AGG, including a 0-9 in Italy.
  • Inter prevailed against Werder Bremen with a 5-2 on AGG that wasn’t as easy as it looks.
  • Ajax defeated Lyon in another very tight match thanks to the away goal rule. 3-3 on AGG.
Your Quarter Finals draw:

CyDqN2y.jpg

• The romance between Aston Villa and the UCL continued as they prevailed against actual champions AC Milan 4-3 on agg.
  • Juventus edged Bayern Münich with a tight 2-1 on AGG.
  • Chelsea suffered more than necessary to defeat Shakthar 5-3 on agg.
  • Inter also suffered a lot to defeat Ajax 4-2 on agg.
Your Semi Finals draw. It was either an all-Italian final or an all-English one:

VYHGtGv.jpg

• What Aston Villa did on both legs will remain unmatched for a long time. 10-2 on AGG (1-5 and 5-1) gave the villains the chance to play the UCL final against Mourinho's Chelsea, which defeated Inter 4-2 on AGG.
QLJSegT.jpg

In the Grand Finale, two English teams met to determine who would be European kings. See for yourself:

qvnM1PE.jpg

CUA39jm.jpg

sv4oDsI.jpg

PwEya4A.jpg

That was the end of the first part. I will continue another day with the other 3 competitions. You can find more of this in my YouTube channel, which is linked in my signature. Cheers and may the PES Gods be with you! Merry Christmas everybody!
Hello and merry Christmas to you too!
That's a very interesting journey, an original way to enjoy the game.
Greetings from Italy :BEER:

Anyone knows any good patch for WE2008 with fully licensed 2007-08 kits for EPL and National teams?

There is a PES 2008 patch that has implemented only the EPL kits for that season:
https://www.meups2nostalgia.com/2023/05/winning-eleven-13-2007-dvd-iso-ps2.html?m=1

I don't know if it's possible to import them to WE2008, since this version is kinda better than its PES counterpart with the addition of Superstar difficulty. WE2008 with fully licensed 2007-08 kits would be superb.

PS: The ROM above has been renamed to "Winning Eleven" but actually it's a PES game with no unlockable Superstar difficulty.

Last edited:
Anyone knows any good patch for WE2008 with fully licensed 2007-08 kits for EPL and National teams?

There is a PES 2008 patch that has implemented only the EPL kits for that season:
https://www.meups2nostalgia.com/2023/05/winning-eleven-13-2007-dvd-iso-ps2.html?m=1

I don't know if it's possible to import them to WE2008, since this version is kinda better than its PES counterpart with the addition of Superstar Difficulty. WE2008 with fully licensed 2007-08 kits would be superb.

PS: The ROM above has been renamed to "Winning Eleven" but actually it's a PES game with no unlockable Superstar difficulty.

It's not possible to import from PES2008 to WSWE2008.

I'm finishing an OF for PES 6 and then work on PES 2008.

See what I just posted today.
https://evoweb.uk/threads/ps2-psp-p...v2-j2-league-inside.93848/page-3#post-4016213

It's not possible to import from PES2008 to WSWE2008.

I'm finishing an OF for PES 6 and then work on PES 2008.

See what I just posted today.
https://evoweb.uk/threads/ps2-psp-p...v2-j2-league-inside.93848/page-3#post-4016213

"after completing my PES 6 OF, I'll work on WSWE2008"

That would be absolutely great.

Other than that, do you know any clever way to make the game even harder and more challenging?

I play WE2008 on Superstar difficulty and while it's harder than the Top Player, it's still not that good to cause a real struggle and challenge, especially their offense which is not as aggressive/quick/smart as their defense. Several days ago I played England vs Brazil on Superstar difficulty and... drum roll... thrashed them 4-0.

Also after that, I played an El Classico and I was Barca and... guess what... drum roll... just another 4-0.

Now I'm not saying that every match in WE2008 results in a thrashing. Obviously there are back-and-forth and hard-fought matches from time to time, but the problem is, these kind of matches happen way less than they should. In most of the matches it's normal for me to create more chances than what the CPU teams manage to and achieving a clean sheet is not that hard.

I've seen several threads on which people talk about how tweaking stats drastically changes the gameplay. What's your take on these? Is it possible to tweak anything in a way that makes playing against the CPU harder and more challenging?

PS: Other than WE2008, I'm also talking about PES 6 on PC. These 2 games would be way more entertaining with better and harder AI. Especially PES 6.

Last edited:
PES 6 is indeed easier than PES 2008 (and thus WE 2008).
My take is to not change the stats. That's a personal choice.
To raise the challenge, I'd just use weaker teams then.
Do you think so? I always thought PES 2008 was slightly easier to score etc. At least on PS2 anyway.

Yes. I found PES 6 much easier than PES 2008 (when playing solo, it's mostly in ML mode with the default team).
Guess it’s down to each of our play styles. I’ve played games that I think are easy and everyone else struggles with them and then I’ve played games that I’ve found difficult and others have found them easy. I think it’s a case of that by the sounds of it.

One thing that can improve the 1P vs CPU matches is to go to the edit section and modify the squad/formation of the teams you use the most and replace the average players with the better ones.

There's a big difference when the CPU plays as Brazil with the likes of Dudu, Elano and Rafael Sobis, OR, the likes of Ronaldinho, Adriano and Ronaldo.

I checked the default squads of the top teams in PES2008/WE2008 and Brazil and Chelsea were quite horrible out of the box and needed lots of tweaks to become the great teams that they actually were back in 2008. In Chelsea, by default, guys like Terry and Drogba are out of the starting squad.

Last edited:
"after completing my PES 6 OF, I'll work on WSWE2008"

That would be absolutely great.

Other than that, do you know any clever way to make the game even harder and more challenging?

I play WE2008 on Superstar difficulty and while it's harder than the Top Player, it's still not that good to cause a real struggle and challenge, especially their offense which is not as aggressive/quick/smart as their defense. Several days ago I played England vs Brazil on Superstar difficulty and... drum roll... thrashed them 4-0.

Also after that, I played an El Classico and I was Barca and... guess what... drum roll... just another 4-0.

Now I'm not saying that every match in WE2008 results in a thrashing. Obviously there are back-and-forth and hard-fought matches from time to time, but the problem is, these kind of matches happen way less than they should. In most of the matches it's normal for me to create more chances than what the CPU teams manage to and achieving a clean sheet is not that hard.

I've seen several threads on which people talk about how tweaking stats drastically changes the gameplay. What's your take on these? Is it possible to tweak anything in a way that makes playing against the CPU harder and more challenging?

PS: Other than WE2008, I'm also talking about PES 6 on PC. These 2 games would be way more entertaining with better and harder AI. Especially PES 6.

Hi, I am not sure if it plays the same as WSWE2008 but I personally find PES2008 hard enough as it is. I normally play ML so maybe that is why.

I used to play PES5 back in the day but when i began finding it easy I used these adjustments in this post:

https://evoweb.uk/threads/pes5-ps2-better-gameplay-2011-2012.66169/post-2611201

You could try using the same ones. I think Teamwork is a good one to increase because it definitely made the AI play better in PES5 but they may not work the same in WSWE2008.

Regarding PES6 I have never been a fan. To me it is too arcadey and easy to win the ball back and get shots away. I remember when I first bought it on release, after playing for a couple of weeks I gave it to my friend’s son and went back to PES5. :)

One thing that can improve the 1P vs CPU matches is to go to the edit section and modify the squad/formation of the teams you use the most and replace the average players with the better ones.

There's a big difference when the CPU plays as Brazil with the likes of Dudu, Elano and Rafael Sobis, OR, the likes of Ronaldinho, Adriano and Ronaldo.

I checked the default squads of the top teams in PES2008/WE2008 and Brazil and Chelsea were quite horrible out of the box and needed lots of tweaks to become the great teams that they actually were back in 2008. In Chelsea, by default, guys like Terry and Drogba are out of the starting squad.

Hi, I am not sure if it plays the same as WSWE2008 but I personally find PES2008 hard enough as it is. I normally play ML so maybe that is why.

I used to play PES5 back in the day but when i began finding it easy I used these adjustments in this post:

You could try using the same ones. I think Teamwork is a good one to increase because it definitely made the AI play better in PES5 but they may not work the same in WSWE2008.

Regarding PES6 I have never been a fan. To me it is too arcadey and easy to win the ball back and get shots away. I remember when I first bought it on release, after playing for a couple of weeks I gave it to my friend’s son and went back to PES5. :)

I also play ML and there the CPU optimizes its squad.

Ex. in PES 6, I often put Atalanta as the italian D2 club and the CPU moves Vieri from the reserve (default he's not even on the bench) to the starting XI.

So it might be the explanation indeed if the top squads in PES 2008 are not optimized (like Brazil).

I have been playing PES 2013 recently, had totally forgot what a fantastic game it is, it holds up surprisingly well compared to the modern football games.

IMO the only thing I find frustrating is the lack of build up play from the CPU, other than that they play really life like.

Is there some kind of gameplay mod/patch that make the CPU play less direct?

Do you know any stats modifications that work well on PES 2008?

Over the years and for numerous times, I've tried to play PES5 and while I like the overall flow of the matches, there's one thing that always is the #1 reason why I uninstall the game after playing only a few matches. And I know that before I say it, you've already guessed it: Fouls.

I think if Peter Drury was the commentator in PES5, he would shout: "Foul and foul and foul. They are running riots."
And then, Jim Beglin would chim in and share his 2 cents: "Unbelievable."

And yeah, PES6 is slightly more arcadey than its predecessor. But the reason why I still play it is the lack of game-breaking flaws. Yeah, the AI could be better, but that's fine. At least player vs player matches are solid.

However, if anyone manages to port the PES 2008 PS2 to PC, it would easily blow both PES5 and PES6 out of the water. Just imagine how it can look, feel and play with kitserver patches.

Last edited:

Over the years and for numerous times, I've tried to play PES5 and while I like the overall flow of the matches, there's one thing that always is the #1 reason why I uninstall the game after playing only a few matches. And I know that before I say it, you've already guessed it: Fouls.

I think if Peter Drury was the commentator in PES5, he would shout: "Foul and foul and foul. They are running riots."

And yeah, PES6 is slightly more arcadey than its predecessor. But the reason why I still play it is the lack of game-breaking flaws. Yeah, the AI could be better, but that's fine. At least player vs player matches are solid.

However, if anyone manages to port the PES 2008 PS2 to PC, it would easily blow both PES5 and PES6 out of the water. Just imagine how it can look, feel and play with kitserver patches.

I'm with you. I don't understand why people like the number of fouls in PES5. Don't get me wrong, I think fouls are important in football games, and it went too far the other way in PES6 and in the latest football games fouls are like gold dust. But in PES5 it's too much.

I have been playing PES 2013 recently, had totally forgot what a fantastic game it is, it holds up surprisingly well compared to the modern football games.

IMO the only thing I find frustrating is the lack of build up play from the CPU, other than that they play really life like.

Is there some kind of gameplay mod/patch that make the CPU play less direct?
I have manage to download a gameplay tool, called jenkeys (?). When I open it I must attach the Pes2013.exe file but I can’t find it in the drop down meny. Does anyone know what I could have done wrong?

Edit: sorry if this is the wrong thread to ask these kind of questions!

Pes 5 has some very strict referees, too strict in fact, as you showed in the last video.
Some referees though, not all.

And among other things, thanks to the @marqisspes6 referee module it is possible to create new referees and decide how much they will whistle, and how much they will distribute yellow cards.
It's clearly a matter of taste, but I prefer a game often interspersed by referee whistles, because that's how many games were back then.

PS2 Pes2008 Is great, with its strong A.I but compared to Pes5 lacks too much in physics regards. First touch and physicalty were too much simplified.

Back
Top Bottom