The Retro-PES Corner

The workaround (not noob friendly, please do not PM me for support) is to do it manually using one of:
1. Another computer running Windows 7
2. A Virtual Machine instance (Parallels or VMWare Fusion) with Windows 7 installed
3. Using a Windows emulator (eg. Wineskin Winery on Mac).

You then install the game and patch, run the PESEdit D2 switch to a league of your choice (which will now work, as it’s only broken due to file access/security protections in Windows 10) and manually copy the now switched PES 2013 game and save folders and replace the same folders of your installed PES 2013 game on your main PC.

I’ve personally done this process via Wineskin Winery on a Mac, took all of 15 minutes - I’ve now got the Npower Championship working (instead of the default 2.Bundesliga).
#2 could be a viable option (I already have a Windows 7 testing machine in VirtualBox so it shouldn't really take long I guess).

Thank you!

Just bought PES2,which I hadn't played for many years and I'm having so much fun.

Started a World Cup as Finland, put it on highest difficulty. Got destroyed by Croatia first game. So much so I struggled to get out my own half and barely had any shots at all. Lost 1-0, should have been 2-0.

Second group game, France :/ So because I was so outplayed first game playing a 442 diamond. I decide upon a 532 formation and set it up to just soak up pressure and hope for a lucky counter. Now my defence is better but every France offensive player is a threat, so it's tough.

Pre-match I bring in a striker, he's not good at all, but I notice he is 195cm tall, so I just think OK let's just cross it to him at the back post and pray. 54th minute and my prayers are answered, I cross it back post, I move the striker in-front of Leboeuf and aim a header down into the bottom corner to Barthez's right. IT'S IN!

This game is wonderful. The sense of satisfaction in just keeping out the legendary players and even just working the ball to create a chance are something else. Something I don't get with modern games.

The game has so much character, just the little touches, you can so tell it's been made with such affection. It has so much soul. It's everything eFootball24 is not. I really enjoy the art style of the pitches and stadiums in particular.

Just bought PES2,which I hadn't played for many years and I'm having so much fun.

Started a World Cup as Finland, put it on highest difficulty. Got destroyed by Croatia first game. So much so I struggled to get out my own half and barely had any shots at all. Lost 1-0, should have been 2-0.

Second group game, France :/ So because I was so outplayed first game playing a 442 diamond. I decide upon a 532 formation and set it up to just soak up pressure and hope for a lucky counter. Now my defence is better but every France offensive player is a threat, so it's tough.

Pre-match I bring in a striker, he's not good at all, but I notice he is 195cm tall, so I just think OK let's just cross it to him at the back post and pray. 54th minute and my prayers are answered, I cross it back post, I move the striker in-front of Leboeuf and aim a header down into the bottom corner to Barthez's right. IT'S IN!

This game is wonderful. The sense of satisfaction in just keeping out the legendary players and even just working the ball to create a chance are something else. Something I don't get with modern games.

The game has so much character, just the little touches, you can so tell it's been made with such affection. It has so much soul. It's everything eFootball24 is not. I really enjoy the art style of the pitches and stadiums in particular.

It's rarely remembered with the classics, but Pes 2 was such an important game. Among the other things, it brought first touch error and a more varied outcome during physical duels to the saga.

And I completely agree with everything you said, every time I revisit it is such pure fun! Shame that I can't enjoy playing the cupless old Master League anymore, or I'd gladly do one🙂

It's rarely remembered with the classics, but Pes 2 was such an important game. Among the other things, it brought first touch error and a more varied outcome during physical duels to the saga.

And I completely agree with everything you said, every time I revisit it is such pure fun! Shame that I can't enjoy playing the cupless old Master League anymore, or I'd gladly do one🙂
Yeah! That's what I was going to say, I'm having games that are really tense and physical and scrappy. With lots of long passes, no team with control, many headers, looping high balls. I don't remember really having the same type of games in other PES versions. It's really refreshing.

The shooting feels cool, too. I keep dragging my shots wide or high over the bar, but it feels like I'm rushing and messing up.

I went out at the group stage, finished on 4 points after a 0-0 v Ukraine, my gf is Ukrainian and what a team they had then! :p. Every team in my group finished on 4 points. I went out as only scored 1 goal.

Last edited:
Does anyone have option files for Winning Eleven 5 - 7 on PS2 with the Shop players unlocked?

I have option files with the Classic Teams unlocked but need the Shop players for a project I'm working on.

Reading around the internet a lot of the players can only be unlocked by winning the Master League Division 1 multiple times.

The games I'm interested in are:

Winning Eleven 5 (SLPM-62053)
Winning Eleven 5 Final Evolution (SLPM-62113)
Winning Eleven 6 (SLPM-62159)
Winning Eleven 6 Final Evolution (SLPM-62268)
Winning Eleven 7 (SLPM-62356)
Winning Eleven 7 International (SLPM-65498)

Also, anyone whose played Winning Eleven 8 Asia Championship regularly, can any club teams be unlocked?

I believe the club teams are available in the games files (with fake team & player names) but you can't access them through any game modes and aren't available in edit mode. They are available in Winning Eleven 9 Asia Championship which makes me wonder...

I'd love to be able to enjoy Master Leagues in the very early PES editions (up to PES 3)! :) But I can't imagine playing an ML without player growth and retirement. Not a knock on these games by any means, as I highly respect them and I'm sure Cups and regular Leagues are really fun, but the idea of no player growth/decline seems a bit strange to me lol.. :LOL:

Last edited:
I'd love to be able to enjoy Master Leagues in the very early PES editions (up to PES 3)! :) But I can't imagine playing an ML without player growth and retirement. Not a knock on these games by any means, as I highly respect them and I'm sure Cups and regular Leagues are really fun, but the idea of no player growth/decline seems a bit strange to me lol.. :LOL:
I totally get this view and it’s exactly what stopped me trying PES3 ML for such a long time.

But eventually I did commit to trying it and it became one of my favourite games of all time! Each to their own of course, got to play what you enjoy the most. But I’d always recommend those with reservations about the early ML structures/features to give them a good chance.

Once I got into an ML the lack of development was actually a positive to me as it stopped my team becoming too strong too quickly. As for the ageing, I’d be sad if Baggio retired! PES3 has so many great names in it that you want to see playing anyway. Once I got invested in my ML and my team I never really thought about it again.

Yes but, what about a ML with 3 divisions pyramid (PES 2) , instead of the classic 2 ? 😉

I can relate though. But some unique features, come with huge sacrifices, unfortunately.

Last edited:

I don’t play PES2 myself but I wanted to ask can you edit the players stats like on the later versions?

The reason I ask is because in PES2008 any player’s stat edits made, once a ML has begun, does not affect the player’s stats in the current ML but that may be because the players develop.

Maybe in PES2, any edits made still take affect once a ML has begun because there is no development? If that works then you could increase the age manually every season. Just a thought but it may not work anyway 🤔

I don’t play PES2 myself but I wanted to ask can you edit the players stats like on the later versions?

The reason I ask is because in PES2008 any player’s stat edits made, once a ML has begun, does not affect the player’s stats in the current ML but that may be because the players develop.

Maybe in PES2, any edits made still take affect once a ML has begun because there is no development? If that works then you could increase the age manually every season. Just a thought but it may not work anyway 🤔
I know name changes work even after starting a ML. So ye I think stat and age changes would too.

Seeing as we are speaking of some of the older PES titles,
I'd just like to let you guys know: Here is the installer of Pro Evolution Soccer 3 for PC!

Thanks a lot @Sany023! :BSCARF:

https://evoweb.uk/threads/pes-6-global-patches-full-installers-by-sany.67651/page-164#post-3952648
FYI, for those of you who want a fully licensed PES 3, here is the renowned PES 3 World Patch, installer by @Sany023! :TU:

https://evoweb.uk/threads/pes-3-world-patch-2003-04-2003.82940/page-6#post-3896002

About to try this patch for the first time!

Last edited:
Hello guys, sorry if this is not the most suitable topic for this question.
Does anyone use the xbox series s controller on PC or notebook?

Hello guys, sorry if this is not the most suitable topic for this question.
Does anyone use the xbox series s controller on PC or notebook?
I tried to, via USB cable, but it kept disconnecting and I gave up.
It disconnects also from Xbox One so it's definitely a controller issue. It works 100% fine with the Xbox One in wireless mode though, so it's how I'm using it right now.
On PC, I'm still using my old Xbox 360 controller (which is like more than 10 years old now as I bought it with FIFA 11).

I tried to, via USB cable, but it kept disconnecting and I gave up.
It disconnects also from Xbox One so it's definitely a controller issue. It works 100% fine with the Xbox One in wireless mode though, so it's how I'm using it right now.
On PC, I'm still using my old Xbox 360 controller (which is like more than 10 years old now as I bought it with FIFA 11).
Thanks a lot.
I really miss microsoft joypads and I really like the design of the new model. What a pity for the issue you described, I won't risk.

1695631321114.png

Hey guys, need some help editing PLA league in PES 2017. I downloaded an Option File which modifies Smoke Patch slightly (adds the Peruvian League), but now the PLA (Latin American) League has approximately 10 MLS teams.

I'd like to remove the MLS teams so that they do not appear in Libertadores during my Master League, but the internal editor doesn't let me move these teams outside of the region (Latin America).

Any help (either with an internal editor or any other method) would be much appreciated. Let me know if anyone can offer some help. Thanks in advance.

One more observation about PES 2017.. :TU:

As some of you know, I've always been a PA1 player (an entirely personal preference: I tend to enjoy it more and like the passing stats weight, like I've mentioned to @slamsoze and @vialli82 many times before). But.. Have you guys noticed how in PES 2017, PA0 kind of plays like semi in FIFA?

I played an exhibition with a South American team, and I experimented with PA0 (with assisted shot), and it felt much more stats based and intermediate in terms of assistance, and kind of like an 0.5 PA, like semi in FIFA!

Then I tried the same settings in PES 2018 and passing felt too manual for my style, not assisted enough. I think this type of intermediate passing is only for PES 2017!

I mention this because I remember that @Madmac79 used to say that he loved PA1 in PES 2015, because it felt more like PA 0.5. I've also been experimenting a lot with semi passing in FIFA, and I've enjoyed it too, so I thought this observation was interesting! Have you guys felt this too in PES 2017? I would love it if this was the case and it's not just my impression,! It'd be awesome so that it was like a version of FIFA's semi also yet retaining stats weight! This intermediate type of 0.5 PA setting is something I've always been interested in!

Last edited:
One more observation about PES 2017.. :TU:

As some of you know, I've always been a PA1 player (an entirely personal preference: I tend to enjoy it more and like the passing stats weight, like I've mentioned to @slamsoze and @vialli82 many times before). But.. Have you guys noticed how in PES 2017, manual passing kind of plays like semi in FIFA?

I played an exhibition with a South American team, and I experimented with manual passing (with assisted shot), and it felt much more stats based and intermediate in terms of assistance, and kind of like an 0.5 PA, like semi in FIFA!

Then I tried the same settings in PES 2018 and passing felt too manual for my style, not assisted enough. I think this type of intermediate passing is only for PES 2017!

I mention this because I remember that @Madmac79 used to say that he loved PA1 in PES 2015, because it felt more like PA 0.5. I've also been experimenting a lot with semi passing in FIFA, and I've enjoyed it too, so I thought this observation was interesting! Have you guys felt this too in PES 2017? I would love it if this was the case and it's not just my impression,! It'd be awesome so that it was like a version of FIFA's semi also yet retaining stats weight! This intermediate type of 0.5 PA setting is something I've always been interested in!
I play PES 2017 and every PES only on PA1. What I've noticed is, on 2017 it's the more assisted in the recent series, in my POV at least. The game ignores/bypasses a lot of my 100% power gauged passes, fixing it to it's measure, and giving a less powerful short pass, which in other games usually happens on PA3 and maybe on PA2.

So it wouldn't surprise me, if PA0 has also some assistance inside. Now that i sm thinking, it also ignored my L2+X passing power input sometimes, while L2 modifier is the most manual action you can do in any PES.

Back
Top Bottom