The Retro-PES Corner

Quite the collection!
I’m assuming you know that there was a version of ISS deluxe released on PS1. Thought I’d mention it in case you didn’t know so you can add it to your collection!

Yeah I've got it. Worth playing for the commentary alone!

I've also got ISS 2000 and J.League 1999 Perfect Striker. I think that's the extent of the KCEO/arcadey/ISS family on PS1. 🤔

A nice retro video, posted by a member in the greek PES forum. Don't remember to have watched it in the past.

Of course money was always the No1 priority, but back at those "romantic" days, i assume developers vision was equal to money profit.

Those days are gone forever unfortunatelly. Now the developer's anxiety is not the player-customer what may watch the Intro Cinematic, but the Powerpoint with the fiscal analysis and the income potential, that he will present to the shareholders/investors meeting

Imagine a group of guys, with the passion and vision of those days and the resources and technoogy of today. Would be a crazy combo! But we can only dream for now...

Last edited:
I've been having some sort of fun with PES 2020 (the one that came off the disc) on Xbox One.
I would have never thought that one day I would prefer it to PES 2021.

Time to grab the oldest version possible from Steam (I guess it was 1.01.01 or something similar) and see the differences.
If they're not many and not that big, I'd rather play it on PC so I could also have all the teams licensed.

I should still have a copy of the latest ICMP patch for PES 2020 somewhere, hopefully it won't be that hard to "adapt" it to an older version of the game.

Hey bros! I re-installed PES 2013 completely from scratch and then installed PESEdit 3.8.

1693248799911.png

Then, when I go to the switcher and try to change any of the leagues (by clicking on the picture as usual), instead of showing a "league switched" dialogue box, the switcher completely crashes to the desktop.

This happens in "LEAGUES I, LEAGUES II, and 2nd Division", meaning all the team switchers.

What seems frustrating about this whole process is that I installed PESEdit over a completely clean PES 2013 (fresh install), and I'm still getting this problem. Any ideas on how to solve this? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Hey bros! I re-installed PES 2013 completely from scratch and then installed PESEdit 3.8.

View attachment 231715

Then, when I go to the switcher and try to change any of the leagues by clicking on the picture as usual), instead of showing a "league switched" dialogue box, the switcher completely crashes to the desktop.

This happens in "LEAGUES I, LEAGUES II, and 2nd Division", meaning all the team switchers.

What seems frustrating about this whole process is that I installed PESEdit over a completely clean PES 2013 (fresh install), and I'm still getting this problem. Any ideas on how to solve this? Thanks in advance.
Has exactly this problem as well.
when deciding on which D2 league to use it just shuts of, then going back its still Bundesliga 2 regardless of which D2 league i choose.
I uninstalled my Pes 13 at least 10 times before going fresh instead.
dont know if its the exe not being recognised or the wrong edition (think im on 1.04)
Regardless i gave up, edited my Segund myself instead

¡Hola hermanos! Reinstalé PES 2013 completamente desde cero y luego instalé PESEdit 3.8.

View attachment 231715

Luego, cuando voy al conmutador e intento cambiar cualquiera de las ligas haciendo clic en la imagen como de costumbre), en lugar de mostrar un cuadro de diálogo de "liga cambiada", el conmutador colapsa por completo en el escritorio .

Esto sucede en "LIGAS I, LIGAS II y 2ª División", es decir, todos los equipos que cambian.

Lo que parece frustrante de todo este proceso es que instalé PESEdit en un PES 2013 completamente limpio (instalación nueva) y sigo teniendo este problema. ¿Alguna idea sobre cómo solucionar esto? Gracias de antemano.
I think some windows update broke the pesedit patch

Has exactly this problem as well.
when deciding on which D2 league to use it just shuts of, then going back its still Bundesliga 2 regardless of which D2 league i choose.
I uninstalled my Pes 13 at least 10 times before going fresh instead.
dont know if its the exe not being recognised or the wrong edition (think im on 1.04)
Regardless i gave up, edited my Segund myself instead
Me too.

I also saw that thing, the last time I tried to install that patch.
I uninstalled everything, reinstalled the fresh game and moved on, but it’s a shame.
Gotta try it on Windows 8.1 just for fun, to see if actually the problem is due to something going on in Windows.

View attachment 231715

Then, when I go to the switcher and try to change any of the leagues (by clicking on the picture as usual), instead of showing a "league switched" dialogue box, the switcher completely crashes to the desktop.

probably try on older windows, do you know if there were any "extra" files? probably the switcher crash due to some missing file, probably you already did but have you tried running as admin and with xp or 7 compatibility? i remember back in the days it worked pretty fine, but that was when i was running win xp and i think win8...

probably try on older windows, do you know if there were any "extra" files? probably the switcher crash due to some missing file, probably you already did but have you tried running as admin and with xp or 7 compatibility? i remember back in the days it worked pretty fine, but that was when i was running win xp and i think win8...
Yeah bro, I already tried to do with windows 7 compatibility and running as administrator and it is still crashing when trying to switch leagues. Right now I am running on W10, and it used to work, but I think some kind of update might have messed it up like @River_Plate mentioned. In anycase, I installed smoke blue patch..

Last edited:
Me too.

I also saw that thing, the last time I tried to install that patch.
I uninstalled everything, reinstalled the fresh game and moved on, but it’s a shame.
Gotta try it on Windows 8.1 just for fun, to see if actually the problem is due to something going on in Windows.
Its weird as hell, but its no biggie for me tbh, except the pain in the ass installing/removing the game 5-10 times

View attachment 231715

Happens to me too in Pes 12 Pesedit, unfortunately. Just no way to rotate divisions 2 in W11. Wanted to do a ML for a while, but as default I have Bundes D2 and I'm not interested in doing one there.

Personally I think I'll just re-install the vanilla game, hoping to find the updates around.. I'm more fond of the original, fake D2 anyway :D

Happens to me too in Pes 12 Pesedit, unfortunately. Just no way to rotate divisions 2 in W11. Wanted to do a ML for a while, but as default I have Bundes D2 and I'm not interested in doing one there.

Personally I think I'll just re-install the vanilla game, hoping to find the updates around.. I'm more fond of the original, fake D2 anyway :D
How have you found returning to pes 12 to be?
I had a long spell where i preferred it vs 13.
Played a few games yesterday and its still very good, cant get the hang of defending yet, a bit different vs 13

How have you found returning to pes 12 to be?
I had a long spell where i preferred it vs 13.
Played a few games yesterday and its still very good, cant get the hang of defending yet, a bit different vs 13

I've had fun with it as well with friendlies and some loose Libertadores. It's a bit faster than Pes 13 and with some less animations, but for the rest I think CPU does build up a bit more compared with 13 and AI player id was magnificent too here. Yeah defending can also be a bit frustrating, indeed; all in all, a really good game anyway :)

I've had fun with it as well with friendlies and some loose Libertadores. It's a bit faster than Pes 13 and with some less animations, but for the rest I think CPU does build up a bit more compared with 13 and AI player id was magnificent too here. Yeah defending can also be a bit frustrating, indeed; all in all, a really good game anyway :)
Got a bit suprised it was faster than pes 13, but yes a very solid game indeed

Any info on it?
Do you need to make a fresh install?
Which D2 leagues are included?
Sorry for all the questions, im at work and bored:)
I switched over to Smoke Patch bro. :) I couldn't get any of the PESEdit switchers to work, so I reinstalled PES 2013 (once again, haha), and reapplied Smoke.

Smoke Patch includes (taken from their website):

Datapack:
- includes the latest game data pack (DLC 6.00 - game version 1.04)
- optional v1.02 included (replace the file in the game folder)
- removed blur

Leagues:
- ready for season 15/16
- correct leagues names
- Bundesliga replaces fake league
- correct emblems and league patches
- complete real 2D teams replace fake teams (7 options):
(English nPower, Spain Liga Adelante, German 2. Bundesliga, Italian Serie B, French Ligue 2, Netherlands Eerste Divisie, south America league)
- correct leagues balls

Teams:
- added 25 new national teams (not available in BAL mode)
- added 16 new clubs (available in ML mode
- correct kits for all teams (full GDB folder)
- correct clubs logo by (genko06)
- correct national flags by (ali_chila)
- correct and updated squads
- revised clubs strategies and tactics
- all teams have correct home stadium names
- most teams have special chants (HQ double channel) (Add-on)
- correct radar color for all teams

Players:
- revised stats for most players (SMoKE rating system)
(not overrated, optimized for FL modes)
- more than 1.6GB of real faces (6600 face/hair)
- assigned call names for a lot of players
- added more than 3500 new players
- correct personal attributes
- removed duplicated and fake players
- real goalkeeper gloves

Stadiums:
- correct names for all stadiums
- add 20 various stadiums using the game stadium editor
- all teams have correct stadium names
- new enhanced ad-boards
- HD turfs for all stadiums (Add-on)

Others:

- added and updated all boots (81 boots)
- added and updated all balls (55 balls)
- 6 optional scoreboards
- includes latest kitserver files
- updated referee kits
- correct trophies and cups
- real sponsors with logos (for all languages)
- new graphics
- auto fix for DirectX errors
- a lot of enhancements

Back
Top Bottom