The Retro-PES Corner

Hello! Quick question: I never played PES 3 in my life. But, I've seen lots of you guys saying how great it is (some even saying it's the best game in the franchise). Do you care to explain to someone who has never touched it, what makes it be great in your eyes?

pes3/we7 is great, it has a great power of nostalgia over the players, and also when you win the master league, a star is placed on the logo as a sign of your achievement.
Hello! Quick question: I never played PES 3 in my life. But, I've seen lots of you guys saying how great it is (some even saying it's the best game in the franchise). Do you care to explain to someone who has never touched it, what makes it be great in your eyes?

I really enjoy playing pes3.
It's the little things that make this game great.
Among other things, the atmosphere, the players' names are mentioned very often (Spanish commentary), even the names of the goalkeepers.
You can edit the names of the teams in the editor, I think the AI is good, lots of fouls, relatively few scripts.
take some time to play.
The passes and shots feel free, better than e.g. pes 6.
Of course there is also strange stuff, but for me the most important thing is what happens on the pitch.
If you're interested, I can also give you a link to the "complete solution", just via PM.

Among other things, the atmosphere, the players' names are mentioned very often (Spanish commentary), even the names of the goalkeepers.
You can edit the names of the teams in the editor, I think the AI is good, lots of fouls, relatively few scripts.
take some time to play.
Of course there is also strange stuff, but for me the most important thing is what happens on the pitch.
If you're interested, I can also give you a link to the "complete solution", just via PM.
I'd like a complete solution very much actually so my DMs are open!

I recommend Smoke Patch Blue (available here)

Easy install and quite complete. I was using PESEdit before, but for some reason it's quite buggy. Whenever I use the league/2nd division switchers, the game crashes and other bugs appear, which is strange because it didn't happen before. In anycase, Smoke Patch Blue is a good alternative, and it's worked pretty well and stable for me so far. :TU:
It's a great patch with variety cause the pesedit patch are a bit faulty for my pc. Btw, how did you manage to disable the boot stats and also change the ML ball cause I've been trying to change it via the editors and ingame settings but it keeps reverting back to a random champions league ball.

It's a great patch with variety cause the pesedit patch are a bit faulty for my pc. Btw, how did you manage to disable the boot stats and also change the ML ball cause I've been trying to change it via the editors and ingame settings but it keeps reverting back to a random champions league ball.
I don't really know too much about how to change the ML balls in PES 2013 bro, I usually just play with the default but..

Here is a tutorial to remove the boot stats! It's pretty easy! The video's instructions are in Spanish but it's quite straightforward, let me know if you need any help. :TU:

• Love
Reactions: Vbo
I don't really know too much about how to change the ML balls in PES 2013 bro, I usually just play with the default but..

Here is a tutorial to remove the boot stats! It's pretty easy! The video's instructions are in Spanish but it's quite straightforward, let me know if you need any help. :TU:
I tried to download the link of the tool bu the links are dead my man. Do you know any other sites?

try replacing this file in your kitserver/boots/img/dt0f.img folder bro (backing up your previous one just in case), and let me know if it works!

Attachments

• boots_1977.bin
    1.9 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: Vbo
take some time to play.
I know it's going to sound stupid, but the fact that the referee still only appeared in cutscenes in PES 3 bugged the hell out of me (it still does tbh), and that's one of the reasons why I prefer the later ones. For some reason I don't seem to mind that as much on the PS1 games. Still a great game by miles though.

Hello! I just rediscovered the magic of pes 6, but I’m looking to enhance my experience a bit. I want a more authentic broadcast camera, is there a mod/setting for this. Also, is there any patch that improve the graphics?

"Alexa, give me the clutchiest World Cup win you've ever seen"

Just finished a basic WC in PES6, with what I can only describe as pure luck.

Played as Uruguay, and somehow managed to win the whole thing with a "I don't know what I'm doing but it's working" mentality :LOL:

In the Group Stage:
- 0-0 draw against the USA
- 0-0 draw against Czechia
- 0-0 draw against Spain

Scored 3 points, and only managed to qualify to the R16 cuz Spain and the USA also tied against each other and then both lost to Czechia.

In the Knockout round:
- 1-0 win AET against France in the R16
- 1-1 draw (8-7 on penalties) against Italy in the QF
- 1-0 win against Cameroon in the Semis
- 1-0 win against Brazil in the Final with a lucky penalty I was awarded in the 14th minute of the first half

This kinda gave me the same vibes as Italy's 1982 WC win, where they also drew every single game in the Group Stage and qualified by pure luck.

(Btw I have no idea how Cameroon managed to reach the semis but I felt the need to appreciate that side story tbh)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-07 144419.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-07 144419.png
    458.5 KB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot 2023-11-07 144409.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-07 144409.png
    184.4 KB · Views: 25
Your overall GF-GA over 7 games was 4-1, that's fucking brilliant. Let that be a lesson to everyone — you don't win tournaments with a leaky defense!
Exactly!

I was the only team that didn't score a single goal in the Group Stage, but I also was the only one that didn't concede a single goal either, so I was both the worst attack and the best defense at the same time :LOL:

"Alexa, give me the clutchiest World Cup win you've ever seen"

Just finished a basic WC in PES6, with what I can only describe as pure luck.

Played as Uruguay, and somehow managed to win the whole thing with a "I don't know what I'm doing but it's working" mentality :LOL:

In the Group Stage:
- 0-0 draw against the USA
- 0-0 draw against Czechia
- 0-0 draw against Spain

Scored 3 points, and only managed to qualify to the R16 cuz Spain and the USA also tied against each other and then both lost to Czechia.

In the Knockout round:
- 1-0 win AET against France in the R16
- 1-1 draw (8-7 on penalties) against Italy in the QF
- 1-0 win against Cameroon in the Semis
- 1-0 win against Brazil in the Final with a lucky penalty I was awarded in the 14th minute of the first half

This kinda gave me the same vibes as Italy's 1982 WC win, where they also drew every single game in the Group Stage and qualified by pure luck.

(Btw I have no idea how Cameroon managed to reach the semis but I felt the need to appreciate that side story tbh)
Incredible, and it's fitting that you went with Uruguay, defensive solidity has always been a trademark of them, alongside Argentina, here in South America. It really does resemble Italy's 1982 WC win, which still hurts by the way, that Brazilian team was something else... anyways it's crazy how this was a thing back in older PES installments, football video games in general, nowadays with the focus on attacking most players would think that having all group matches end 0x0 was a bug or something, though I do recall having a league win on PES2015 once where I was among the worst attacks in the whole league, but I had a much better defense than everyone else, which made it so I basically never lost, either I'd win by a goal or I'd draw... now that I think of it, I had a ML back in PES2012 which went the same way, in the 2nd division though... I guess I have a thing for sucking at the front, but being good at the back, maybe me being more of a defender in real life has something to do with that, and since I started playing FUMA I began missing some easy changes due to messing up many shots, it really is difficult even after you're used to it, those shots you have to pull off quickly and more from reflex than anything else, it's quite easy to miss it.

Well, anyways congratulations for the run! I'm sure you'll remember this title for a while, it's really special.

Your overall GF-GA over 7 games was 4-1, that's fucking brilliant. Let that be a lesson to everyone — you don't win tournaments with a leaky defense!
Indeed, it's like Sir Alex Ferguson once said: "The attack wins you matches... but the defense is what wins you titles."

Probably a long shot, but does anyone have any original season (or failing that, any season) option files backed up for the old gen Xbox 360 versions of PES 2011, PES 2012, PES 2013, PES 2015, PES 2016, PES 2017 and PES 2018?

Daymos and OPE were the primary and most popular option file maker’s for most of the earlier versions, with TheViper12 doing some good stuff for the later ones.

The only option file with active links I’ve found for any of these is TheViper12’s 6.01 for PES 2017 (https://www.pesnewupdate.com/2016/11/pes-xbox-360-patch.html?m=1) though that one has a 2017/2018 database (and I tend to prefer original season patches) and is quite heavy to load up due to its size (5-10 minute loading time).

Back
Top Bottom