The Retro-PES Corner

Hello guys, I'm appreciating pes 2012 and 2013 very much, two titles that I haven't played at the time and that today seem really exceptional to me.

I'm using pesedit patches, they look really good. I'm just sorry I can't add stadiums to pesedit 13 selector.

Other than that, do you have any positive experiences with other patches?
I don't think they made a stadium server for PES 2012 but Jenky did make one for 2013.

I use Romania Patch 2013 for PES 2013. It's probably the most detailed one i've played for this game. Has a massive faceserver and includes a huge stadium server too.

Only thing is it includes some 2014 kits so it's not totally faithful to the 12/13 season.

I'm confused between Pes 2011 or 2012. On one hand - I really like the 2010/11 season and those 4 Clasicos in 18 days between Barcelona and Real - and those matches and season in general really makes me want 2011. But on the other hand - I have seen people call it stiff and not as good as 2012.
And in general 2011/12 was a good season - 6 clasicos in that season too - but it doesn't hold that same thing to me as 2010-11. I could get 2011 if.. there is some gameplay patch somehow?

What do you guys suggest?

I don't think they made a stadium server for PES 2012 but Jenky did make one for 2013.

I use Romania Patch 2013 for PES 2013. It's probably the most detailed one i've played for this game. Has a massive faceserver and includes a huge stadium server too.

Only thing is it includes some 2014 kits so it's not totally faithful to the 12/13 season.
Thanks for the tip Marlon, I'll give it a try :BEER:

GREAT STATS CONVERTER (WE2002 to PES 2~14):

hey, can u help him

I have made a web page for PES 6 Player Stats (Ratings), but I have some questions for you.

1. I got the Option File from the internet, so I have doubts that the player stats are not 100% correct since I found one player (Serginho, AC Milan) who has a different registered position compared to the original game. I could not find other changes, but my request to you is to find me the original Option file for PES 6.
2. The Overall Rating is calculated according to a formula used for PES 2014. So if anyone knows how to correctly calculate the Overall Rating, let me know the formula for calculation.
3. My other problem is that I have never worked as a frontend developer and as a result I had problems during web development, especially in the use of CSS, so I "borrowed" a little bit from the design of the "pesdb" site. Does it pose a problem?
4. And the last thing where I need your help is about site hosting. If anyone would help the project move forward, as I plan to do the player stats of other old PES games in the future, a small donation for hosting and domain would be welcome.

Thanks for everything and your suggestions are welcome.

Web site preview:
Edit: temporary link: https://proevolutionsoccer6.000webhostapp.com/

I'm confused between Pes 2011 or 2012. On one hand - I really like the 2010/11 season and those 4 Clasicos in 18 days between Barcelona and Real - and those matches and season in general really makes me want 2011. But on the other hand - I have seen people call it stiff and not as good as 2012.
And in general 2011/12 was a good season - 6 clasicos in that season too - but it doesn't hold that same thing to me as 2010-11. I could get 2011 if.. there is some gameplay patch somehow?

What do you guys suggest?
I would say, PES 2011 for the Master League, PES 2012 for the Master League... 😁

Jokes aside, PES 2011 and 2010, have, at least for me , the most perfect club management and training system in the whole series.

Not too heavy as FM, not too barebones as every other Master League. If i ever had a chance to meet a PES dev of any era, and ask him a question, it would be to meet the guy in charge of PES 2012, and ask him, why they scrapped most of 2009-2010+2011 ML features, and who was so annoyed that ordered to remove most of the features.

Now on PES 2012, while a lot of things started declining, they tried some fresh staff, which, guess what, were latter removed too.

The roster management is more focused on nursing player's psychology, it's more like a psychological RPG, with the player communication screen, the player chat, etc. You now can't teach your player a new position or a new skill, or focus his training on his weak stats, but you can babysit him, in order to be happy and have a smiley face mood, and a constant or permanent UP form arrow.

On the other hand, the game challenges the inner Mourinho and Ferguson of you, when you have situations like, your newly promoted from youth team, 16yo Shimizu, demands to take No10, because you had him play for 15 mimutes as a sub in the last match.

All in all, it was an interesting take on ML, but i would prefer it as an additional aspect of the old core ML of 2010+2011, and not destroy the almost perfect old training and management system, only to replace it with new gimmicks.

And something to keep it secret between us. PES 2020 was not the first PES to have cut scenes in ML, neither was PES 2019, nor PES 2018. It was PES 2012. The cutscenes are almost identical in 2012 to the brand new featured cutscenes of modern PES games. The difference is they were more various on 2012 and more in quantity.

Also 2012 had the Top feature, cutscenes-wise (to me again), before a match, there was a cutscene where your assistant manager was showing you a playing analysis of your next opponent on a whiteboard. Their formation, their preferred tactics , their playstyles, their key player, and 1 or 2 additional players, that you had to keep an eye on.

IIRC the amount of info given, and the depth of analysis was depending on your assistant manager level, which was depending on the budget you paid in the preseason to acquire your staff.

This next opponent match analysis feature, was...guess what... regressed!!!! in 2013, where your assistant would only tell you 1 or 2 lines of comments only, and maybe who was the key player. But much less info than 2012. I assume people on feedback complained that it was too time consuming!!! 😁

But then again, we have the PES 2014 ML, which content wise, is the equivalent barebones of any PES on PS1, but in 2014, except for the new feature that, you could manage a NT and change a Club, which switching jobs, was a thing on FIFA career mode, since the early 2000's....

Last edited:
I would say, PES 2011 for the Master League, PES 2012 for the Master League... 😁

Jokes aside, PES 2011 and 2010, have, at least for me , the most perfect club management and training system in the whole series.

Not too heavy as FM, not too barebones as every other Master League. If i ever had a chance to meet a PES dev of any era, and ask him a question, it would be to meet the guy in charge of PES 2012, and ask him, why they scrapped most of 2009-2010+2011 ML features, and who was so annoyed that ordered to remove most of the features.

Now on PES 2012, while a lot of things started declining, they tried some fresh staff, which, guess what, were latter removed too.

The roster management is more focused on nursing player's psychology, it's more like a psychological RPG, with the player communication screen, the player chat, etc. You now can't teach your player a new position or a new skill, or focus his training on his weak stats, but you can babysit him,in order to be happy and have a smiley face mood, and a constant or permanent UP form arrow.

On the other hand, the game challenges the inner Mourinho and Ferguson of you, when you have situations like, your newly promoted from youth team, 16yo Shimuzu, demands to take No10, because you had him play for 15 mimutes as a sub in the last match.

All in all, it was an interesting take on ML, but i would prefer it as an additional aspect of the old core ML of 2010+2011, and not destroy the almost perfect old training and management system, only to replace it with new gimmicks.

And something to keep it secret between us. PES 2020 was not the first PES to have cut scenes in ML, neither was PES 2019, nor PES 2018. It was PES 2012. The cutscenes are almost identical in 2012 to the brand new featured cutscenes of modern PES games. The difference is they were more various on 2012 and more in quantity.

Also 2012 had the Top feature (to me again), before a match, there was a cutscene where you assistant manager was showing you a playing analysis of your next opponent on a white board. Their formation, their preferred tactics , their playstyles, their key player, and 1 or 2 additional players, that you had to keep an eye on.

IIRC the amount of info given, and the depth of analysis was depending on your assistant manager level, which was depending on the budget you paid in the preseason to acquire your staff.

This next opponent match analysis feature, was...guess what... regressed!!!! in 2013, where your assistant would only tell you 1 or 2 lines of comments only, and maybe who was the key player. But much less info than 2012. I assume people on feedback complained that it was too time consuming!!! 😁

But then again, we have the PES 2014 ML, which content wise, is the equivalent barebones of any PES on PS1, but in 2014, except for the new feature that, you could manage a NT and change a Club, which switching jobs, was a thing on FIFA career mode, since the early 2000's....
So you recommend PES 2011 for the overall experience in ML? But what about the gameplay. Also everything since PES 2013 just got worse and worse to the point the series was killed..

So you recommend PES 2011 for the overall experience in ML? But what about the gameplay. Also everything since PES 2013 just got worse and worse to the point the series was killed..
Well, to keep it short, if your are the type of player, that want to have 100% control of your player development, like to assign new positions and new traits to players, 2011 is the way to go.

Also while tou can't be fired, it has a type of punishment, if you ruin your season, you have less income money, so you are foced to either cut costs from team staff ect, making harder your season, player recover slower from injuries, negotiation for transfers are harder and less in number, and you can allocate less focus points in training.

Even if you keep the costs over your budget, in payment day, you go on negative, and club owner, fire all your staff, hiring the cheapest, and are releasing your most expensive players, until your roster has a viable salaries finances.

It practically forces you to 3 ways. You either snowball to success, or you get stuck to downhill mill, or you try a realistic approach .

It's very unique to this, cause every decision matters and affects the future. No more the old lifehacks, spend all your points on transfers and then play until the last summer friendly match to have income=outcome to avoid Game Over, neither the modern lifehacks to grab World Class players as loanies, and get away.

So yes, for the ML experience i would say PES 2011 over 2012. But again it's for the type of player that likes the extra sauce. There are people that want only to mush X button and play matches, without messing with outfield staff.

But then again 2011 makes the surprise, you have the option, in ML options, to assign almost every club management option and transfers to your assistant manager, so you can play only the matches. 😎

As for the gameplay per se, i think it is a lot subjective. The 2 games are similar but not same, in the way 2012-2013 are. PES 2011 has some stiffness, being more of a prototype, while 2012 is an improved and reworked 2011 version, and 2013 just a fine-tuned 2012 version.

But i can't decide clearly one game, both have pros and cons.

Finally i am not the most appropriate person to suggest about that set of games of PES series, 2011-2012-2013, gameplay wise, cause i am in the minority that I don't consider, for example, PES 2013 the equivalent of PES 5/6. It's not that i hate them, but I don't like them, so so much.

So for gameplay only, my suggestion would be, try them personally, and stick with what you like more. 😁

@cleanslate PES 2010, 11, 12, and 13 each have their own advantages/drawbacks (Even though 2010 belongs more with 2009, I am including it here for purposes of this discussion).

PES 2010, like I've said before, has the best graphics and atmosphere of that era IMO.. The Master League, as @slamsoze says, is very detailed, with multiple training options and is actually very fun to run. I like 2010's Master League details the best. It has a bit of an easier gameplay though, even in Top Player (which is the maximum level), I think it is too easy. BUT: There are gameplay mods which make the game better. This one and This one. (The first adds superstar level, and the second one is a complete new gameplay). Presentation-wise, I think PES 2010 is absolutely brilliant, it feels like a proper retro football game to me. The only issue is the vanilla difficulty, but that can be improved upon.

PES 2011 is the one PES that is highly rated by the community that I'm struggling to enjoy. Matches seem at least to me, a bit of a slog and the pace seems a little off.. Something about the gameplay seems too defensive sometimes and 0-0 matches are too common. But maybe it's a question of getting used to it. It's definitely a game I need to play more to give it a more experienced opinion based on actual campaigns, but I often times have a hard time enjoying it. The ML has a lot of options though. :)

PES 2012 has quite enjoyable gameplay from what I've played. It is like a more midfield-oriented PES 2013, which is great, and the presentation is also solid. Gameplay-wise I haven't had to use any mods or anything to enjoy it. One thing I don't like about it though, is the Master League training method. Having to switch between attributes every other week or so seems to me, too much, and it's confusing as it messes with the growth of the players. But the gameplay itself, I much prefer it to PES 2011.

PES 2013 I've had a complete reversal of opinion. I used to dislike it, but it turns out that this dislike was more due to a patch which I downloaded (South American one) when first trying the game, which had its own gameplay and graphics which I didn't personally enjoy. BUT, playing with PESEdit 6.0, the game seemed to me much improved. It is fast paced, offensive, and arcade in a sense, but it's really fun and you can lower Speed anyway with the built-in speeder in the patch, so that's cool. One drawback though is that amazingly, I think its stadium and crowd presentation lags behind 2010 (even if it was released 3 years after), the atmosphere and the crowds I think were much better in 2010. But the gameplay itself is quite fun, and its ML (without boots, which can be disabled in the patch) seems pretty ok to me.

My two cents! :TU:

Last edited:
Well, to keep it short, if your are the type of player, that want to have 100% control of your player development, like to assign new positions and new traits to players, 2011 is the way to go.

Also while tou can't be fired, it has a type of punishment, if you ruin your season, you have less income money, so you are foced to either cut costs from team staff ect, making harder your season, player recover slower from injuries, negotiation for transfers are harder and less in number, and you can allocate less focus points in training.

Even if you keep the costs over your budget, in payment day, you go on negative, and club owner, fire all your staff, hiring the cheapest, and are releasing your most expensive players, until your roster has a viable salaries finances.

It practically forces you to 3 ways. You either snowball to success, or you get stuck to downhill mill, or you try a realistic approach .

It's very unique to this, cause every decision matters and affects the future. No more the old lifehacks, spend all your points on transfers and then play until the last summer friendly match to have income=outcome to avoid Game Over, neither the modern lifehacks to grab World Class players as loanies, and get away.

So yes, for the ML experience i would say PES 2011 over 2012. But again it's for the type of player that likes the extra sauce. There are people that want only to mush X button and play matches, without messing with outfield staff.

But then again 2011 makes the surprise, you have the option, in ML options, to assign almost every club management option and transfers to your assistant manager, so you can play only the matches. 😎

As for the gameplay per se, i think it is a lot subjective. The 2 games are similar but not same, in the way 2012-2013 are. PES 2011 has some stiffness, being more of a prototype, while 2012 is an improved and reworked 2011 version, and 2013 just a fine-tuned 2012 version.

But i can't decide clearly one game, both have pros and cons.

Finally i am not the most appropriate person to suggest about that set of games of PES series, 2011-2012-2013, gameplay wise, cause i am in the minority that I don't consider, for example, PES 2013 the equivalent of PES 5/6. It's not that i hate them, but I don't like them, so so much.

So for gameplay only, my suggestion would be, try them personally, and stick with what you like more. 😁
By your description I honestly like PES 2011 much more with the decision matters - and the realistic approach thing - like you could do something with a 2nd tier team and not suddenly win the Premier League in 2-3 seasons , once the season you get promoted and then the season after you get funds and then 3rd season you win the league like in (recent) FIFAs but more like slowly getting much better in the Chmapionship and then winning the Premier League after like 6-7 seasons.

It's probably the gameplay that has me much more in a twist though. I agree with @millossobek that PES 2013 is looking like a fine tuned 2012 because from the videos I saw of 2012, it looks very similar to 2013. But 2011 even in the videos looks a bit stiff.. but I guess that'll have to do. Especially with the 360 movement I think it should be fine? (Although I must say your mention of 2012 being Midfield Oriented makes me have a Serotonin rush like no other. Midfield in a Football game being physical and being the controlling factor has me in dreamlands xD)

Alas , I remember at a certain point I used to get annoyed with the limitations in movement in PES 6 and 2009, so I assume or hope 2011 will have more freedom than that. Just that really weird penalty system I don't think ill want to take penalties on the game at all

What ! PES 2012 had the best of club management of the series after PES 2010, with the training system that affect players arrow conditions, players interaction ; complaining about training, shirt number, complaining about being benched, not playing in their favorite position and transfert request (as I remember). Squad management isn't only training and transferts but also managing your squad relationship.

But as you said, there's no training a player for a new position / skill which were in the next edition but not with the previous features of the mode.

What ! PES 2012 had the best of club management of the series after PES 2010, with the training system that affect players arrow conditions, players interaction ; complaining about training, shirt number, complaining about being benched, not playing in their favorite position and transfert request (as I remember). Squad management isn't only training and transferts but also managing your squad relationship.

But as you said, there's no training a player for a new position / skill which were in the next edition but not with the previous features of the mode.
Yes but PES 2011, and 2010 before had this. I think it makes perfect sense for a ML. Everything depends on the coach you invested, the more expensive your coach is, the more points you can allocate.

IMG_20230528_004833.jpg
Also in cost of cutting points from the abilities, and some extra money expenses, you can train a player to a new skill or a new position.

And i also thing 2011 ML had more team staff than the latter games 12 and 13.IMG_20230528_004718.jpg

1685329431858.png
Hi, I'm here with the Castolo's evolution curve in Winning Eleven 2010 Aoki Samurai no Chousen (THE FIRST ONE WITH MASTER LEAGUE ORIGINAL PLAYER WITH PRESET FACES), but the point is:

Is there a way to determine (or calculate) the past or future point of his evolution curve? Like, I want to determine his stats when he was 24 or younger, so I look the curve, do some calcules and estimate how down or up it goes...

Hey guys,

I'm struggling with the difficulty of ISS Pro Evolution. The gameplay is pretty decent and I like the retro graphics, but I keep getting blown out 3-0 with very few shots on goal. The AI defense chews me up and spits me out every time I enter the final third. Any tips? I'm on Regular difficulty and there isn't one below that.

I'm also looking for tips for PES 6 as I'm struggling with that on the professional difficulty. I haven't tried amateur difficulty in awhile, so maybe I will try that again, but last time I tried that I think it was too easy. I can't really remember though. Any tips are appreciated

View attachment 215027

Hi there! In terms of PES 2010, let me see I actually tried I think ALL patches.. But I ended up settling on T.P.S. patch!! Something about it struck better to me, I'm not sure if it was the faces, assigned stadiums, kits, or leagues, (maybe a combination of all of them), but for this particular edition, T.P.S. best fit what I was looking for! Been playing multiple seasons with it and I've really really enjoyed it. Like I've mentioned before, I think PES 2010 is an underrated gem. :TU:

Available here!
"Load failed because data is from a different version , download content and update " , can you help me ?

Last edited:
It says I can't load the data because is from another version , can you help me ?
Sure. :) That's strange it doesn't work.. Have you tried a reinstall? I think I downloaded my version of PES 2010 through archive.org, right here, then applied the patch directly, which is a quite straightforward process. If I remember correctly it comes with its own installer..

@slamsoze @millossobek Do you guys know of Stadiums for Pes 2011 or any Turf Mod to change the grass? @Marlon Anthony Would you know of anything as such?
For turfs you can find some here
https://www.pesoccerworld.com/descargas/pro-evolution-soccer-2011-pc-cesped-715.html

Some stadiums here but not much choice and they're not very high quality either.
https://www.pesoccerworld.com/descargas/pro-evolution-soccer-2011-pc-estadios-724.html

There wasn't a stadium server for these generations of PES games until jenkey's 2013 tool so there wasn't much incentive for stadium-making back then if I remember

Hey guys,

I'm struggling with the difficulty of ISS Pro Evolution. The gameplay is pretty decent and I like the retro graphics, but I keep getting blown out 3-0 with very few shots on goal. The AI defense chews me up and spits me out every time I enter the final third. Any tips? I'm on Regular difficulty and there isn't one below that.

I'm also looking for tips for PES 6 as I'm struggling with that on the professional difficulty. I haven't tried amateur difficulty in awhile, so maybe I will try that again, but last time I tried that I think it was too easy. I can't really remember though. Any tips are appreciated

I can't help you much with ISS — it's been a really long time — but through balls and cutbacks probably will help you. Play the transition game, those old games were like fast break football...

As for PES 6, welcome to the club! I have been playing PES 5/6 from day one, and I still struggle with them, particularly shooting. Much like real life, not every shot is clean and some go way over. I used to spend hours in the team training mode — the training has a really, really helpful setting with the [select] button allowing you to rewind in real time, so you can perform certain situations over and over. This way you can have a situation you want to work on, and get as many chances as you want to re-do them. In the pause menu/formation settings, you can switch to the other "team" and select how many you want to participate, so you can start with just the GK and gradually add more opposition.

The default interval time is 1.0 seconds, but that's actually a long time for it...0.3-0.5 works nicely. Just remember, the clock resets on a whistle, so if you smash one over, hit [select] before the whistle so you don't lose your spot. If you keep pressing [select], it will rewind further and further back, so you get a chance to work on build ups and chances over and over, if you'd like, and work on strategies and timings. I wish games today had this feature!

One thing I'd love to see in more modern titles is real training stuff, not just 11vX games. I like the passing drill in PES 21, it helped me with practicing manual passes, but everything was a game and a certain score/level needed to be achieved (of course). I just want to do the drill, again and again! I would love to see smaller-sided games on smaller fields, and given the mid-2010s obsession with Barcelona, I'm stunned they didn't somehow implement rondos into the training menu.

Hey guys,

With ISS use a fast winger and striker. Crosses is hard so try to QUICK passing to feet and then a low through ball to striker. If really struggling play like 532 or 523 and you can grind out results. In defence use second man pressure to harrass guy on ball then manually control another guy to mark nearby runners.

@slamsoze @millossobek Do you guys know of Stadiums for Pes 2011 or any Turf Mod to change the grass? @Marlon Anthony Would you know of anything as such?
Honestly no Idea. I was convinced that there were no stadium packs for that version, cause Stadium Creator in Edit Mode was a lot all-inclusive.

With little bit imagination, you can recreate imitations of most famous stadiums.

Shouldn't the color of his account's name be brown if he's banned ?
Not sure if that is the case. Without going too much into it, I asked one of the mods a while ago and they confirmed it.

A big clue is when you click on their username and it comes up with ‘oops’.

Back
Top Bottom