The Retro-PES Corner

Could it be useful, as for combined stats there was a break down of the formula here

https://implyingrigged.info/wiki/Pro_Evolution_Soccer_2014/Abilities
@marqisspes6 quoting you here, in order to not completely derail the other thread.

Well it seems i am a little bit dumb, cause i read again your post, amd it seems my reply doesn't add at all.l, it's just philosophy bullshit 😜.

So i understand now, you search straight tenacity. The closest i can find in modern PES, is not a value, it's a special skill, called fighting spirit, player performs better under pressure and fatigue.

https://pesmyclubguide.com/player-skills/

It's the last one here. My problem is, in modern PES, it's more binary, due to being a skill and not a stat, and if the translation by KONAMI is accurate, it's like a trigger effect, player must first be fatigued in order to make it work, while Tenacity is more dynamic and universal.

Finally, the link you posted is super-very helpful and thanks for it, but again i feel KONAMI is getting lost in translation, for example: For Ball Retention, which in my head i translated in in Tight Possession in modern era, they do use: Dribbling+Balance (OK)+ lofted pass????.... I mean wtf? What's the connection of lofted pass ability and Retention of the Ball???

I mean it doesn't make sense Football Wise. It only makes sense in Software Engineering sense, I don't know the exact terms to describe it, maybe i will say something stupid now, but I've seen something similar in Pokémon, having to do with HEX codes? Or bytes/bits, or something like that, where some RNG values were coming of combination of stats that were irrelevant to the final stat, due to programming language. I mean a Pokémon had EV stats, Effort Vallues, that you could spread to the six stats, and could have a maximum of 510, and the best Spread was 255 to two values.

Than due to the integer division by 4 limitation, they did the spread 252+252+6, cause for every Stat you should have multiples of 4, IE for every 4 EV you get +1 stat point. So the 2 EVs with 252 are divided by 4, and for the last stat that leftover is 6 EV, you get the 4EV and your have 2 without any impact.

Honestly don't have knowledge if it is the same in PES stats, but maybe is something similar, and they use irrelevant stats to calculate some combined ones.

Additionally i recall by @SiuMing online teditor you could edit some hidden values, like ML reputation, which is not editable via the game, but i can't recall anything hidden in the data that resembles Tenacity. Although it's been years since the last time i checked, but i am sure there's not something there, i. Relation to Tenacity.

Here's is the Teditor and i strongly suggest it.

https://evoweb.uk/threads/teditor-web-based-ted-editor-information-update-22-dec-469.83942/

I wish Stadium creator was still around! I thought that was one of the best features, even if it was a little basic.
I recall, despite the infant and generic status, some stadium builds were ok. IIRC Anfield could be created with great similarity.

{[ -Unfortunately the Stadium Creator assets were not compatible with Fox Engine and it had to be removed. Also it didn't help that no one in the infamous surveys did ask never for it, so nobody did use it. Finally, the last nail on the coffin, there was the VERY HiGH risk, by combining cement assets, to create something licensed or god save, forbidden, like the left Stand of Ibrox Park, so there was the copyright danger. The same danger with whem you create a stadium with your LEGO marbles, we all know what happens next... -]}

Disclaimer: The text inside {[-.......-]} is a sarcasm towards PES officials and community manager people. 😎

The aftermath is that, having a Stadium Creator in your game, is very dangerous!!! 😂 (Sarcasm again) 😭🤣

Wait for the brandnew, rebuilt from scratch, improvd, upgraded Stadium Creator in eFutebol 202X..... (Ok that's the last one, i swear 😂 )

@marqisspes6 quoting you here, in order to not completely derail the other thread.

Well it seems i am a little bit dumb, cause i read again your post, amd it seems my reply doesn't add at all.l, it's just philosophy bullshit 😜.

So i understand now, you search straight tenacity. The closest i can find in modern PES, is not a value, it's a special skill, called fighting spirit, player performs better under pressure and fatigue.

https://pesmyclubguide.com/player-skills/

It's the last one here. My problem is, in modern PES, it's more binary, due to being a skill and not a stat, and if the translation by KONAMI is accurate, it's like a trigger effect, player must first be fatigued in order to make it work, while Tenacity is more dynamic and universal.

Finally, the link you posted is super-very helpful and thanks for it, but again i feel KONAMI is getting lost in translation, for example: For Ball Retention, which in my head i translated in in Tight Possession in modern era, they do use: Dribbling+Balance (OK)+ lofted pass????.... I mean wtf? What's the connection of lofted pass ability and Retention of the Ball???

I mean it doesn't make sense Football Wise. It only makes sense in Software Engineering sense, I don't know the exact terms to describe it, maybe i will say something stupid now, but I've seen something similar in Pokémon, having to do with HEX codes? Or bytes/bits, or something like that, where some RNG values were coming of combination of stats that were irrelevant to the final stat, due to programming language. I mean a Pokémon had EV stats, Effort Vallues, that you could spread to the six stats, and could have a maximum of 510, and the best Spread was 255 to two values.

Than due to the integer division by 4 limitation, they did the spread 252+252+6, cause for every Stat you should have multiples of 4, IE for every 4 EV you get +1 stat point. So the 2 EVs with 252 are divided by 4, and for the last stat that leftover is 6 EV, you get the 4EV and your have 2 without any impact.

Honestly don't have knowledge if it is the same in PES stats, but maybe is something similar, and they use irrelevant stats to calculate some combined ones.

Additionally i recall by @SiuMing online teditor you could edit some hidden values, like ML reputation, which is not editable via the game, but i can't recall anything hidden in the data that resembles Tenacity. Although it's been years since the last time i checked, but i am sure there's not something there, i. Relation to Tenacity.

Here's is the Teditor and i strongly suggest it.

https://evoweb.uk/threads/teditor-web-based-ted-editor-information-update-22-dec-469.83942/

Thanks a lot for your reply :) very useful and descriptive on everything, about the hidden values there's no real use for me right now as in my case i take values from sites like pes master, but is good to know i can get that data

1685705284770.png

Hey guys, I'm having trouble with PES 2013 PESEdit selector (I am using 3.8 version, which I think is the most widely used patch).

Whenever I try to switch leagues/2nd divisions by clicking on the image, the selector crashes and exits. Is anyone else having this problem, and/or knows how to fix it?

Thanks in advance. :TU:

Does anyone know how to slow the game speed down in PES 2011? In game its only 0 , +1 and +2 and I have it at 0, but how can I slow it further? There's a speeder.dll file in kitserver folder but should I do anything with it?

Nevermind, got it - there was the config.exe in kitserver

Last edited:
View attachment 218739

Hey guys, I'm having trouble with PES 2013 PESEdit selector (I am using 3.8 version, which I think is the most widely used patch).

Whenever I try to switch leagues/2nd divisions by clicking on the image, the selector crashes and exits. Is anyone else having this problem, and/or knows how to fix it?

I'm not sure but if you want to play the current season then there's a patch called JK patch with this sort of selector where you can customise what you want when you run the game. I have it installed and know that it works. They also update January transfers too each year so maybe look into that one if you can't fix the issue here. Good luck

For turfs you can find some here
https://www.pesoccerworld.com/descargas/pro-evolution-soccer-2011-pc-cesped-715.html

Some stadiums here but not much choice and they're not very high quality either.
https://www.pesoccerworld.com/descargas/pro-evolution-soccer-2011-pc-estadios-724.html

There wasn't a stadium server for these generations of PES games until jenkey's 2013 tool so there wasn't much incentive for stadium-making back then if I remember
How Would I go about downloading the Turf? I downloaded one of them but it says in kitserver theres a folder like 'dt07' or something.. Which from my installation of PES 2010 from the Uploads here on Evoweb.. there's nothing such as that?

Hey guys,

I'm struggling with the difficulty of ISS Pro Evolution. The gameplay is pretty decent and I like the retro graphics, but I keep getting blown out 3-0 with very few shots on goal. The AI defense chews me up and spits me out every time I enter the final third. Any tips? I'm on Regular difficulty and there isn't one below that.

I'm also looking for tips for PES 6 as I'm struggling with that on the professional difficulty. I haven't tried amateur difficulty in awhile, so maybe I will try that again, but last time I tried that I think it was too easy. I can't really remember though. Any tips are appreciated

ISS Pro Evolution is all about one-twos. Stick your two fastest players either side of a physical striker with decent passing stats in a 4-1-2-3 or 4-2-1-3 and watch the goals fly in!

Try practicing with Nigeria - they have two forwards with 9 for speed (Amokachi and Babangida) and a skillful target man in Kanu. Approach the full back with your winger, play a one-two with the striker, and - with the full back and nearside centre back taken completely out of the game - you will be one on one with the keeper time and time again.

Run in at a 45 degree angle, tap shoot when you're about 15 yards out. It'll be a goal more often than not. If you're forced wide with the one-two, you should have a big target man running into the box to help you out.

Simo of Cameroon is a bargain in the Master League. He's got 9 for speed but only costs about 18 points. He could get you going. I loved a forward line of Simo, Babangida and Hakan Sukur.

I LOVE ISS Pro Evolution and the subsequent games in the series on PS1. But when you crack the AI and have the right players it becomes rather easy!

One-twos are important in the PS2 games, too, but less so as the speed stats became less pronounced.

View attachment 218739

Hey mate. Have you tried open it as an admin? I reinstalled it all just today and was having the same crash trying to select Liga Adelante, but that fixed it for me.

View attachment 218739

Right click on pesedit.exe and deactivate read only mode.
I solved the same problem in this way :))

Hey mate. Have you tried open it as an admin? I reinstalled it all just today and was having the same crash trying to select Liga Adelante, but that fixed it for me.
Hey man! No, unfortunately opening as admin doesn't solve it for me.. Hmm.. It's quite strange because I remember the Selector working earlier.

@Fabri55 Tried your method too bro.. Even reinstalled the game and the patch and still same issue..

Last edited:
@millossobek @Madmac79

I'm joining the speech of pes 2013, hoping you can play it without any problems.

I've waited to write my feedback, but now I feel I can say this is the most humane cpu pes ever.
Never as in this game have I perceived the rhythms of the game, the strength of the players, both pad in hand and if controlled by the CPU. I'm finding everything a soccer game needs, and I still have to delve into some aspects properly.

In this regard, I wanted to ask you if the magic boots are also used by the AI in the master league. From the moment I deactivated them, I had the distinct sensation of no longer finding any type of boost in the cpu, with very realistic matches.
Maybe it's just a placebo effect and I needed to learn how to play :D

I highly recommend this game to everyone, with a slow approach, with 15-minute games, minimum assistente or manual play, with the power bar not visible.
You will simply feel FOOTBALL in your hands.

Last edited:
Out of Interest. Any Pes Connoisseurs that have played it. What game does Pes 2014 on Ps2 play like/ How does it play compared to the golden era games?

@Fabri55 I've played a few games in PES 2012 with Smokepatch (this is my first time with 2013), and found it pretty enjoyable!

PESEdit patch has one distinct advantage though: More leagues! For example, it includes switchers for the Greek, Turkish leagues, etc.. Smoke patch, while complete, doesn't have the Eredivisie switcher, but it does have plenty of second divisions for ML.

It's funny about PESEdit. It was working fine for me for a long time, but I reinstalled my computer with the new hard drive, and ever since, it's been super buggy. But I do think it does have more options than Smokepatch. I'll eventually pick it up again sometime. :TU:

Oh, and also, I dislike playing with boots abilities, so PESEdit has the advantage of the boots disabler. With Smoke, I have to download a different program to disable the boots, haha.

Last edited:
@millossobek @Madmac79

I'm joining the speech of pes 2013, hoping you can play it without any problems.

I've waited to write my feedback, but now I feel I can say this is the most humane cpu pes ever.
Never as in this game have I perceived the rhythms of the game, the strength of the players, both pad in hand and if controlled by the CPU. I'm finding everything a soccer game needs, and I still have to delve into some aspects properly.

In this regard, I wanted to ask you if the magic boots are also used by the AI in the master league. From the moment I deactivated them, I had the distinct sensation of no longer finding any type of boost in the cpu, with very realistic matches.
Maybe it's just a placebo effect and I needed to learn how to play :D

I highly recommend this game to everyone, with a slow approach, with 15-minute games, minimum assistente or manual play, with the power bar not visible.
You will simply feel FOOTBALL in your hands.
What about Ball Physics? This is kind of an issue in 2011 for me as well. It felt to me like I was kicking a balloon and not a ball. If there is some Ball Physics mod I'd be happy to give it a go again or some Gameplay Mod

Out of Interest. Any Pes Connoisseurs that have played it. What game does Pes 2014 on Ps2 play like/ How does it play compared to the golden era games?
I'm so old I've played them all and PES 2014 is what I would consider a more arcade like experience. The fluency of the game is slick for it's time but it lacks the subtle nuances and charm of games like PES 5 and PES 6 on the PS2. If you want a technical thinking man's game of football then PES 5 is the way to go, however you have to be mega careful when challenging for the ball otherwise it's almost certainly going to be a foul (a feature which casual players could never get used to) PES 6 went the complete opposite way where fouls are a rarity. Both of the games have what I call the authentic PES experience so I'd personally suggest those for the PS2 specifically. There's still fun to be had with PES 2014 on PS2 though and it would probably suit someone more than the older games if they are new to PES on PS2.

I'm so old I've played them all and PES 2014 is what I would consider a more arcade like experience. The fluency of the game is slick for it's time but it lacks the subtle nuances and charm of games like PES 5 and PES 6 on the PS2. If you want a technical thinking man's game of football then PES 5 is the way to go, however you have to be mega careful when challenging for the ball otherwise it's almost certainly going to be a foul (a feature which casual players could never get used to) PES 6 went the complete opposite way where fouls are a rarity. Both of the games have what I call the authentic PES experience so I'd personally suggest those for the PS2 specifically. There's still fun to be had with PES 2014 on PS2 though and it would probably suit someone more than the older games if they are new to PES on PS2.
I know how Pes 5 and 6 play. I just wondered what Pes 2014 was closest too. I guess it doesnt change much after Pes 2008?

hey guys, random question :

what is your favorite celebration in the PS2 era ?
1)Ronaldo phainomeno pointing the finger, the most iconic. Loved how they used the same animation for Robert Pires, although had different celebration IRL.

2) Alberto Gilardino playing the violin, the most unique and immersive given the graphics possibilities of that era.

3) Vincenzo Montela aeroplanino celebration.

4) Pablito Aimar, scratching the head.

5) Adriano, Kaka', rising both hands.

I just leave it here, the more i keep thinking, the more comes to mind. 🤔

Last edited:
So.. I'm deciding to get PES 2013 with the PesEdit 6.0 2013-14 patch. Because that season to me is special personally. Anyone else has any experience with this patch?

Hold Up.. I got the patch from PesNewUpdate but Windows Defender says its a Trojan? Its a false positive or no?

Nevermind, Got it working. And its a really good patch.. except for 1 thing. Every time I start the game, I have to go past 20 images of it showing me I unlocked Boots in Edit mode. I've disabled the boots getting the boost in ML/BAL in the switch, so does this have something to do with that?

Last edited:
But where is that gameplay tool? Also I found another guy's gameplay tool but I'm unsure of it so I won't go for it

I searched up Jenkey's but all the links are dead..
True, I can't find any working links either.. I think a couple of patches have their own gameplay tool already incorporated, like PESJP and PESJK, but I wouldn't be 100% sure about that since I've never downloaded them..

Back
Top Bottom