The Retro-PES Corner

But why the developers put all the sounds in one file !

There's sound of a monkey, no !

probably compression, i haven't found any header neither any specific indicator of how long each audio it is, the sure bet is that this information is located somewhere on the .exe file and the game calls it when its need it at that specific time, i dont know, is just me guessing what konami could do

Reactions: H_G
Hey guys I will need your help for PES 2006 (It's a Modded PC Game from The Den)
So I will to put all the pictures that you can understand.
I am using "Game graphic studio" and I wanted to modify the background of the game.
Openning folder like "s_text.afs" / unknown_00587.txs

But my problem here it's that the picture used are really weird.
I am putting the context and I will put the real problem down and I will write it.

- File 01 / 02
So it is what you see in the background (01) and how the file look like (02)

- File 03 04 05 06 07
So here I solved in a way the problem.
There are 2 picutres in one file.
When I put a normal picture (03) (04) the background in the game will be tiled x2 on horizontal

So I found the solution the background in the game is using a map 1 horizontal pixel line is for the right part and 1 pixel down on another horizontal pixel line there is the left part (05 (06) (07).
So this problem is solved in a way.

NOW MY PROBLEM
- File 08 09 10 11 (checker texture with normal scale)
As you see here there is a weird duplication / distortion of the picture. 08 09
And I really don't know how to do that (I tried several way but just horrible and wrong result.
I put a checker texture ( I made it well on my photoshop it just long on the picture I downloaded)
So you can see the result through the checker

Thank you very much if you can help me
Repsectfully
Tahar

Attachments

• 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    321.9 KB · Views: 2
  • Capture10.JPG
    Capture10.JPG
    190.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 08.JPG
    08.JPG
    325.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 09.JPG
    09.JPG
    105.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 07.JPG
    07.JPG
    273.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 06.JPG
    06.JPG
    235.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 05.JPG
    05.JPG
    561.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 01.JPG
    01.JPG
    169.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 03.JPG
    03.JPG
    117.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 04.JPG
    04.JPG
    329.8 KB · Views: 4
Hi, I modified the LOD Level, but the widescreen patch doesn't work anymore, how to "relink" it again? @BillyKong, can u help? (Sorry if I'm pestering you)

The last one is the original.

Attachments

• Pro Evolution Soccer 2010_SLES-55589_20230522202924.png
    Pro Evolution Soccer 2010_SLES-55589_20230522202924.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 23
  • Pro Evolution Soccer 2010_SLES-55589_20230522203038.png
    Pro Evolution Soccer 2010_SLES-55589_20230522203038.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 23
1684812508420.png1684812525405.png1684812542890.png1684812679225.png1684812566137.png

Guys, wanted to ask something about PES 2012 Master League. It's the first time I play it, and I noticed something quite unique about it.

As you guys can see, the overall training regime can be changed every week, in order to emphasize one of five attributes: technique, speed, physical, strategy, and condition. Thing is, I'm not quite sure how this works. Do player's stats actually decrease while others increase, as indicated in the graph? How does age factor into this? How much of an emphasis is placed on each individual regime, and how often are they apt for rotation? This is a completely unique system to PES 2012 and as such I'm kind of unfamiliar with it. Maybe @slamsoze can give me a hand to take a look at the nooks and crannies of this? Thanks in advance. :)

Last edited:

Guys, wanted to ask something about PES 2012 Master League. It's the first time I play it, and I noticed something quite unique about it.

As you guys can see, the overall training regime can be changed every week, in order to emphasize one of five attributes: technique, speed, physical, strategy, and condition. Thing is, I'm not quite sure how this works. Do player's stats actually decrease while others increase, as indicated in the graph? How does age factor into this? How much of an emphasis is placed on each individual regime, and how often are they apt for rotation? This is a completely unique system to PES 2012 and as such I'm kind of unfamiliar with it. Maybe @slamsoze can give me a hand to take a look at the nooks and crannies of this? Thanks in advance. :)
As I remember, yes player's stats actually decrease while others increase, you will notice that. This is one of the reasons that make PES 2012 ML mode special and the best for me. This training system. It's close to the old FM training system.

Also players' speed development is better than PES 2013. I mean more less anormal players development. The training routine affect players' arrow condition, I read that you have to plan 2 training regime / week to have a better development for the players. btw, some players will get bored by the training regime, and its affects their arrow

Hi, I modified the LOD Level, but the widescreen patch doesn't work anymore, how to "relink" it again? @BillyKong, can u help? (Sorry if I'm pestering you)

The last one is the original.

Same for me

So you need to run PCSX2 in Debug mode. When you start PCSX2 on the top toolbar select 'Debug' and from the dropdown list ensure that 'Enable System Console' is checked.

Then run the new ISO with the updated LOD SLPM file. When the game boots you will see there is a secondary PCSX2 window smaller in size that has all the boot details and console information loading into it. You need to keep an eye on the console log in this window whilst the game is loading and you will see a text line where it will say something similar to 'Looking for widescreen patches' and it should have the CRC or pnach number of the ISO. Then it will say unable to find widescreen patches for CRC XXXXX or XXXXX.pnach. You need to note this new number down. Basically whenever a ISO image is amended or its integrity altered it requires a new pnach number for the widescreen patch.

Then all you simply do is grab your old widescreen pnach file and just change the name of it from whatever it was for example 'BC204DE.pnach' to the new code you got from the console earlier. Ensure the widescreen patch is in the correct PCSX2 folder where they are stored and then close the application and reboot and it should now work!

Last edited:
Trying to get back into the groove of this thread after my baby-fueled hiatus and failing miserably!

Still dreaming about a complete set of neat patches for the Final Evolution etc and J.League Winning Elevens, and willing to pay for someone's time and effort to get them. I've given up on the notion that I'll ever learn how to do it myself!

It looks like there's been an upturn in the number of able modders in this thread, if someone wants to take the mantle by all means get in touch!

By neat patches I mean:

- Translated
- Team, player, league and stadium names corrected
- Kits and badges for the original season

And absolutely nothing else touched. I'm inexplicable obsessive-compulsive when it comes to PES editing!

So you need to run PCSX2 in Debug mode. When you start PCSX2 on the top toolbar select 'Debug' and from the dropdown list ensure that 'Enable System Console' is checked.

Then run the new ISO with the updated LOD SLPM file. When the game boots you will see there is a secondary PCSX2 window smaller in size that has all the boot details and console information loading into it. You need to keep an eye on the console log in this window whilst the game is loading and you will see a text line where it will say something similar to 'Looking for widescreen patches' and it should have the CRC or pnach number of the ISO. Then it will say unable to find widescreen patches for CRC XXXXX or XXXXX.pnach. You need to note this new number down. Basically whenever a ISO image is amended or its integrity altered it requires a new pnach number for the widescreen patch.

Then all you simply do is grab your old widescreen pnach file and just change the name of it from whatever it was for example 'BC204DE.pnach' to the new code you got from the console earlier. Ensure the widescreen patch is in the correct PCSX2 folder where they are stored and then close the application and reboot and it should now work!
Thanks!

Trying to get back into the groove of this thread after my baby-fueled hiatus and failing miserably!

Still dreaming about a complete set of neat patches for the Final Evolution etc and J.League Winning Elevens, and willing to pay for someone's time and effort to get them. I've given up on the notion that I'll ever learn how to do it myself!

It looks like there's been an upturn in the number of able modders in this thread, if someone wants to take the mantle by all means get in touch!

By neat patches I mean:

- Translated
- Team, player, league and stadium names corrected
- Kits and badges for the original season

And absolutely nothing else touched. I'm inexplicable obsessive-compulsive when it comes to PES editing!
Actually, I want to do an option file or even a patch with a similiar proposal. The game is J.League Winning Eleven 2010, I don't know how to do anything, but I have some preceits:

- Get licensed uniforms, especially for Serie A (they're completely licensed in PES2010, but not here), but I don't know how to license the kits in-game, even if I add the textures in the archieve;
- Change the BAL scrimmage teams to the All Japan High School Football Tournament final in the Tokyo National Stadium (Kokuritsu), changing kits, players, stats, etc. It would be ultra immersive, but I don't know to change the teams kits;

Aside from this, I have another ideas, but they're simplier, so they shouldn't be more than a matter of learning...

I haven't figured out. And the description is a little bit KONAMish, cause it is in the training menu.

Also the stats on 2012 , like 2011, 2010, but mor in 12-13 have a different dynamic, regarding training, condition, items, like boots in 2013.

I mean your player may have 85 speed in the main menu, but 84 or 86 in training menu, or in a match, due to training and equipment effects (2013). It's a little bit strange with the stats, like imagine the form arrows effects were visible to stats increase/decrease.

What i recall i did as an experiment, i tried from time to time, to set the training regime to condition, especially before crucial matches, like athletes do in real life, after an intensive period of training, the last training sessions, are usually stretching and relaxing before an important match/championship/game, etc.

IIRC it worked a little bit cause i had fatigue issues.

Playing my modded PES 2015 master league currently I was sceptical at first due to a few annoyances with the game but the matches have been really enjoyable so far and I find myself despite limited time these days wanting to fit 'just one more game' in

I do miss some features they added in later editions but I'm fully immersed in the team I'm building now and the fact I'm struggling to make the playoffs in Serie B makes it exciting. The AI although not as detailed as later PES are pretty fun and random I love the AI actually dribbles and uses skill moves and skins you forcing you to make last ditch tackles or R2 jockey knowing if you dive in you are screwed especially with a 69 rated GK lol anyway here's a few pictures of my Avellino side

1avUntitled.jpg
2avUntitled.jpg3avUntitled.jpg4avUntitled.jpg5avUntitled.jpg

@saintric That's cool you're enjoying PES 2015. Are you playing strictly 10 minutes? I'd actually like to play an ML but 10 minutes has always seemed too short for my playing style, I like to play 15 minutes at a minimum.. But the aforementioned simulated scores issue prevents me from doing that..

Good luck with your Avelino story! I had tons of fun promoting Reggina to Serie A with Roberto Baggio as manager and Gianluca Lapadula in an invented story in PES 2017. It was perhaps my favorite football gaming experience ever. :)

@saintric That's cool you're enjoying PES 2015. Are you playing strictly 10 minutes? I'd actually like to play an ML but 10 minutes has always seemed too short for my playing style, I like to play 15 minutes at a minimum.. But the aforementioned simulated scores issue prevents me from doing that..

Good luck with your Avelino story! I had tons of fun promoting Reggina to Serie A with Roberto Baggio as manager and Gianluca Lapadula in an invented story in PES 2017. It was perhaps my favorite football gaming experience ever. :)

I never player 2015 before it was the year I missed as I was playing FIFA its actually a gem of a game that with a few tweaks would be a contender for one of the best of 16-21

thats how I enjoy a Master League too when you are immersed in the team and want to see how far you can take them I did a ML on 2018 with Padova that took 7 seasons to win the Seria A title which I loved and would have carried on if I didnt lose all the data on my PC

I would call PES 2015 the grandfather of 2017 where its the right mix of arcade fun and realism

Last edited:
What is everyones go to formation in Pes 6. Im looking to try something different to what im using due to poor form of my team since being promoted...

I never player 2015 before it was the year I missed as I was playing FIFA its actually a gem of a game that with a few tweaks would be a contender for one of the best of 16-21

thats how I enjoy a Master League too when you are immersed in the team and want to see how far you can take them I did a ML on 2018 with Padova that took 7 seasons to win the Seria A title which I loved and would have carried on if I didnt lose all the data on my PC

I would call PES 2015 the grandfather of 2017 where its the right mix of arcade fun and realism
which mod are you using?

I tried all of the football games FIFA and PES...
I enjoyed PES 6 and PES 5 (because of the ball feeling it has a lot of easy fouls) but they are too old...
The other versions aren't what i wanted...
We can have the best football game if we put some things from FIFA to PES and from PES to FIFA...

For me the perfect game is:
- Graphics of PES 2021
- Player models of PES 2021
- FIFA cameras
- FIFA replays and cutscenes and the zoomed faces because i think that the game when we are playing is using other models etc... For example in FIFA 19 Kante has almost shaved hair and in gameplay he has short hair...The replays look different than the gameplay...the player models the faces the hair etc...
- Animations of PES 2021 but it needs more realistic animations..
- Ball and net physics of PES 2021...
- The gameplay and AI of FIFA...Only Long Balls of PES 2021 are nice for me is difficult to score with head in FIFA games..
- I need chipshots like in PES 2014 and FIFA 11 for example the penalty chipshot...

And i want a football game with:
- 20 fake leagues with fake teams and fake players full editable..
- section with Liverpool, Manchester City, Chelsea, Manchester United, Tottenham, Arsenal, Milan, Inter, Juventus,Roma, Napoli, Lazio, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, Bayern FC, Dortmund, Marseille, PSG, Brazil , Argentina, France, England, Spain, Netherlands, Italy with fake logos and kits but with full scanned faces...
- section with classic teams for Liverpool, City, Chelsea, Man Utd, Tottenham, Arsenal, Milan, Inter, Juve, Roma, Napoli, Lazio, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Atletico M, Bayern, Dortmund, Marseille, PSG, Brazil, Argentina etc with fake logos and kits but with full scanned faces...
-edit mode with the best player editor, with stadium editor, with add and remove teams, logos, kits...
- Offline and Online exhibition mode
- Offline League and Cup competitions and Career mode but simple without all of these bullshits of FIFA and PES...I dont need to meet the player and his manager for complete the transfer...all of these cinematics are waste of time..

Hello,
a question about team chemistry in pes 2003.
i play chelsea but they have very low team chemistry.
I've already changed the default line-up to 443a, but every game is still a cramp.
(why did konami put up terry as om, after all he is iv ? )

what do i have to do to make chelsea play as aggressively as manu or arsenal?
Thank you very much

Hello guys, I'm appreciating pes 2012 and 2013 very much, two titles that I haven't played at the time and that today seem really exceptional to me.

I'm using pesedit patches, they look really good. I'm just sorry I can't add stadiums to pesedit 13 selector.

Other than that, do you have any positive experiences with other patches?

Back
Top Bottom