The Retro-PES Corner

What about Ball Physics? This is kind of an issue in 2011 for me as well. It felt to me like I was kicking a balloon and not a ball. If there is some Ball Physics mod I'd be happy to give it a go again or some Gameplay Mod
Ball physics in my opinion is great.
Play without assistance, or with level 1, and you'll feel total freedom.
Plus, if you play without power bar you feel like as if you were yourself to exert force and hit the ball.

It's a game with a high learning curve.
It takes time, patience, and knowledge of the commands.

Give it some time, make lots of friendlies before tackling the modes. You will not regret

True, I can't find any working links either.. I think a couple of patches have their own gameplay tool already incorporated, like PESJP and PESJK, but I wouldn't be 100% sure about that since I've never downloaded them..
I have PES 2013 with JK patch 2023 and can confirm there are gameplay tools, graphic tweaks, crowd tweaks, Master league tweaks etc etc. It's a very good patch and up to date too. My only gripe with the patch and all of the patches for that matter are the commentary sounds. Default commentary is combined with new name calls meaning you have 3 different commentators calling the action and the volume levels are all.over the place. I've found this to be the same in all patches for PES 2013 though.

Hey, ever since I reinstalled PES 5 and PES 6 couple years ago I always had a problem with Left Trigger on controller not working when combining with Right Trigger for some reason but I've been ignoring it. However, recently I started new Master League and it started to really bother me. Is there any workaround? Because I am not able to manually change Attack/Defence level. Well, to be precise: the RT + RB combination (Attack+, Defence-) is working fine, but RT + LT (Attack-, Defence+) doesn't do anything. Have anyone had similar problem?

Hey, ever since I reinstalled PES 5 and PES 6 couple years ago I always had a problem with Left Trigger on controller not working when combining with Right Trigger for some reason but I've been ignoring it. However, recently I started new Master League and it started to really bother me. Is there any workaround? Because I am not able to manually change Attack/Defence level. Well, to be precise: the RT + RB combination (Attack+, Defence-) is working fine, but RT + LT (Attack-, Defence+) doesn't do anything. Have anyone had similar problem?
Must be something to do with the controller you're using. I play manual attack/defence and it works as it should.

Edit: Just seen your button combination. You're supposed to hold L2 and press R1 to increase manual attack and hold L2 and press R2 to decrease attack.

Does anyone know of a version of the original ISS Pro with real names?

Much as it's fun to play with the fake ones, I've never seen a version with corrected players.

@millossobek @Madmac79

I'm joining the speech of pes 2013, hoping you can play it without any problems.

I've waited to write my feedback, but now I feel I can say this is the most humane cpu pes ever.
Never as in this game have I perceived the rhythms of the game, the strength of the players, both pad in hand and if controlled by the CPU. I'm finding everything a soccer game needs, and I still have to delve into some aspects properly.

In this regard, I wanted to ask you if the magic boots are also used by the AI in the master league. From the moment I deactivated them, I had the distinct sensation of no longer finding any type of boost in the cpu, with very realistic matches.
Maybe it's just a placebo effect and I needed to learn how to play :D

I highly recommend this game to everyone, with a slow approach, with 15-minute games, minimum assistente or manual play, with the power bar not visible.
You will simply feel FOOTBALL in your hands.

What difficulty level do you play?

Must be something to do with the controller you're using. I play manual attack/defence and it works as it should.

Edit: Just seen your button combination. You're supposed to hold L2 and press R1 to increase manual attack and hold L2 and press R2 to decrease attack.
You are right, I messed up the description in post but ingame however I am pressing right combination - musle memory is better than my brain memory I guess :P However,only L2+R1 works, but not L2+R2. Can I ask you what controller are you using? I tried X360, XOne and XSX and on none of them I am able to use this combo, so I am guessing it's something software related? Are you using Xinput?

I know how Pes 5 and 6 play. I just wondered what Pes 2014 was closest too. I guess it doesnt change much after Pes 2008?
Yes i agree PES2009 - 2014 are too arcadey. Whereas the ones before are more realistic.

It’s a shame because the later ones have the Champions League and Europa League license.

You are right, I messed up the description in post but ingame however I am pressing right combination - musle memory is better than my brain memory I guess :P However,only L2+R1 works, but not L2+R2. Can I ask you what controller are you using? I tried X360, XOne and XSX and on none of them I am able to use this combo, so I am guessing it's something software related? Are you using Xinput?
I'm using a retrobit legacy 16. All the buttons were reversed on mine so I had to change them all. Not using any other software.
If you go to the settings.exe (where the game is installed, not in the actual game settings) you can find your controller in the tabs. Next click each button on your controller. Each press should register a flash of the corresponding button on the picture. That will show you which button is activating what in game button. It might have your triggers reversed or something. Try that.

Superstar level
You're probably really good at PES. I can have a challenge by playing at Professional, so I do but any higher than that I get thumped. I think playing Manual or Semi Manual with 15 minute games like a real footy game might be my next thing.. After my exams are over next week I'll definitely give it a go, I think a Master League on PES 2011 sounds good to me too, since I like 2010-11 as a football season too. Do you have any recommendations for a mid-table side or a Championship (England) side I could do a realistic Master League with? With an end goal for a Europa League win maybe?

Something like Fulham in 2010? I suppose @millossobek might know something about those kinda teams based off his Master League stories!

@cleanslate I played with Bolton in PES 2010 before moving the story to PES 5, and quite enjoyed it! Usually what I like to do, regardless of whether I play with a midtable or low-table team, is to start in D2 and work my way up. Usually I take a team whose crests and colors I like, keep the players I want, and trade about 60-70% of the team away to make the supporting cast lower rated than the original team, so that they complement the more well established players. For example, in PES 2009, in my Werder Bremen story, I decided to keep abut half of the team (Ozil, Guerrero, Mertesacker), traded for a few players I liked (a young Shinji Ono, Colombian veteran GK Faryd Mondragon), and replaced the rest with lower rated players to make the team in fact, weaker and more of a challenge for second division. :TU:

Hi, I want to create a face and a hair for WE2010/JLWE2010, any of you can offer some lead? Especially for the hair...

It's something related to your controller. You are using XBox controller for PC i guess??

EDIT: Ok , 😁😸 just spotted your next post. It has to do with the XBOX controllers, it's a known issue, the triggers are mapped on Z axis, so when you press them simultaneously, they neutralise each other.

As i have this problem for 8+ years, and the usual solution i find online is some BS making me angry every time, even by Microsoft troubleshooting, some crappy shitty suggestions: like try another controller, fry a different USB port, plug-unplug the cable, and other cheap BS...

The solution IIRC is something like this:

https://learn.microsoft.com/el-gr/windows/win32/xinput/xinput-and-directinput?redirectedfrom=MSDN

And related to something like:

""looks like there are two standards inside DirectX

Xinput (new one)

Direct input (old one)

old one will have this problem, new one won't

the game can choose to use the new one as the input API.

The Old game I'm playing is coded based on Direct input (the old one), it won't use the new one since it's an old game."
3e1105c3-9d46-4fce-b2d3-b408be6af0df

To be honest i never bothered to fix this issue , and i play without the ability to press RT+LT. You can also try the "lifehack", to assign the button to your keyboard too, ao when you want to press that combo to decrease attack/increase defensive mentality, hold LT+ the key on your keyboard as alternative.

I know it's not really a lifehack, but at least it's something at it works only when you play as player1. I mean to be able to use keyboard+controller.

Last edited:
Quick question for those who know PES 3 well. How do you edit International team squads. I can't seem to do it.

Also, is it right than in PES 3 ML, players don't age?

Quick question for those who know PES 3 well. How do you edit International team squads. I can't seem to do it.

Also, is it right than in PES 3 ML, players don't age?
About last question: they don't age, they don't develop.

As for the NT rosters, i can't recall now exactly, for sure you can edit. Maybe your must unlock ot via PES shop, or it was obly avout club transfers, not sure about this .

You're probably really good at PES. I can have a challenge by playing at Professional, so I do but any higher than that I get thumped. I think playing Manual or Semi Manual with 15 minute games like a real footy game might be my next thing.. After my exams are over next week I'll definitely give it a go, I think a Master League on PES 2011 sounds good to me too, since I like 2010-11 as a football season too. Do you have any recommendations for a mid-table side or a Championship (England) side I could do a realistic Master League with? With an end goal for a Europa League win maybe?

Something like Fulham in 2010? I suppose @millossobek might know something about those kinda teams based off his Master League stories!
I don't know if I'm really that good, I'll play a few seasons in the master league and I'll tell you if I can win some trophies or a good number of games :D

As for possible suggestions, I remember that in those days I played a lot the premier league in Football Manager, and enjoyed using clubs like West Ham, Sunderland or Blackpool.
I don't remember their rosters very well, it's been a really long time.

I know how Pes 5 and 6 play. I just wondered what Pes 2014 was closest too. I guess it doesnt change much after Pes 2008?
I've tried PES 2014 and have played a lot of PES 2011 (PS2). As others have mentioned, the 2009-2014 PES games on PS2 have great features, they look good graphically but they are very arcade-like compared to PES 2008 (PS2) and certainly PES 5.

I also noticed that in Master League that the AI teams all record very low scoring results whereas you'll find yourself both scoring and conceding loads on the top difficulty.

Ball physics are a little odd too and the emphasis is very much on dribbling. Sexy nets though!

About last question: they don't age, they don't develop.

As for the NT rosters, i can't recall now exactly, for sure you can edit. Maybe your must unlock ot via PES shop, or it was obly avout club transfers, not sure about this .
Thanks @slamsoze

I don't remember much about PES 3 ML from back in the day. I suppose non-development of players might add a different edge to ML.

I've unlocked everything in the PES Shop in PES 3 but still seem to be stuck with default squads for international teams.

Thanks @slamsoze

I don't remember much about PES 3 ML from back in the day. I suppose non-development of players might add a different edge to ML.

I've unlocked everything in the PES Shop in PES 3 but still seem to be stuck with default squads for international teams.

I thought it was straightforward to edit international teams so I'm really intrigued now! Must look into it. I've usually used an editor to edit teams in the past.

There are development players in the ML who grow. You get attribute points based on results and how they play, and you can choose how to apply them. It's on my impossibly long to-do list - an ML using only them. They are absolutely terrible to begin with, worse than the default players!

I've actually been playing some PS2 2014 recently, on World Player mode with Balotelli. Tried it while at a loose end one night and got totally hooked! There are minor graphical improvements, changes to the ball physics (for better or worse), and the AI gets a little more generous in the later games. But they're still bloody good titles. They're PS2 PESes after all.

The overall package isn't to be sneezed at given the additional features. Licenced CL and Copa Libertadores modes, Become a Legend and World Player modes, and a Master League with scouting, staffing, sponsors, real currency etc. Worth exploring.

Not sure how much this counts, since this is on Professional difficulty , but I scored this goal in PES 2013, Manchester City vs Atletico, funnily enough the ball isn't up in the air because its supposed to be or I was tried chip it over. I was going to play a through pass to Aguero but I accidentally pressed SHOOT instead. What followed next:

Attachments

• Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 2023-06-04 16-24-15 - Trim.mp4
    13.9 MB
I've actually been playing some PS2 2014 recently, on World Player mode with Balotelli. Tried it while at a loose end one night and got totally hooked! There are minor graphical improvements, changes to the ball physics (for better or worse), and the AI gets a little more generous in the later games. But they're still bloody good titles. They're PS2 PESes after all.

The overall package isn't to be sneezed at given the additional features. Licenced CL and Copa Libertadores modes, Become a Legend and World Player modes, and a Master League with scouting, staffing, sponsors, real currency etc. Worth exploring.
just need to find a copy haha english one too

Hey guys! Wanted to ask..

For those of you who play PES 5 and have tried both gameplays, do you prefer playing with Kingsley exe or Original exe? Which one is more to your liking?

I've found that both have their advantages and disadvantages and can't decide on one. :LOL:

Rather wait till a physical copy turns up cant get my head around emulating haha
Fair enough! 😄

I can only strongly recommend learning the ropes.

Even as @marqisspes6 suggests, FreeMCBoot and OPL on your PS2. Technically not emulation, but it opens the door to discless play/patches/imports. All you need to know is how to buy something from eBay and how to transfer something to a USB stick and you're away!

Back
Top Bottom