The Retro-PES Corner

Also another question to @*aLe : what's the "number 33" stuff you mention?
It’s a reworked body model that looks skinnier than the default one, and it’s used with a particular texture that is created by converting PES 2018 to 2021 kits into textures usable in PES 6.
It has several advantages over the default model (the biggest of which is that the collar geometry is way more accurate than it used to be back in the day), but it does look too much different from the original one to me.
It’s been converted to PES 5 too, see here for more details:
https://evoweb.uk/threads/new-player-3d-models-for-we9-pes5-we9le.83803/

It’s a reworked body model that looks skinnier than the default one, and it’s used with a particular texture that is created by converting PES 2018 to 2021 kits into textures usable in PES 6.
It has several advantages over the default model (the biggest of which is that the collar geometry is way more accurate than it used to be back in the day), but it does look too much different from the original one to me.
It’s been converted to PES 5 too, see here for more details:
https://evoweb.uk/threads/new-player-3d-models-for-we9-pes5-we9le.83803/
Thanks for the answer, and yes it's more real-life than on PS2 era... But i don't know, for that era i found the old version more authentic and fitting with the rest : it wasn't exactly photorealistic neither goofy. Just another point of view. Then less muscular based.

Then old models should also fits better with old animations (when i see PES 2008 on PS3 : new models with old animations except some, doesn't give a natural result)

Asking something to (again, sorry bro) @marqisspes6 : firstly i will release the O.F., for sur the coming month.
BUT after i would like just some small things to add i can't do myself. I've read few pages ago about stats colors, when i will be done with others things, you (or someone else) maybe help me to put the 75-79 stats in green? That's something i always wanted since even PES 6 : some old version got 70 to 79 in green i believe it's JLWE8AC.

It will looks by far overall better : there's a lot promising players who have perhaps only one stats in yellow, but the rest between 75 and 79.
Thanks in advance. But i never saw any PES 5 patch with it so i was pretty astonished when you said that's easy. In excel yes it's easy lol.
If you can't or again working with HEX myself i prefers not doing anything, just for 2 games i want to edit... I'll keep the stats as they were then.

I don't need how to do it right now, but if it's simple and i could just replace for example a PES 6 or JLWE9 with another file, kind of.

I'm playing (more editing) with a YUV cable on LCD.
But i'm owning an upscaler with anti-aliasing Mcable.

Perhaps even on YUV even on a lcd tv it's the same issue

Well at least i can tell that, if you notice, as you mentioned many times the american or asian (ntsc) versions are faster than the european (pal) versions that might mean that konami fix for region change is not actually changing the game hz rendering, probably is something else, in fact, now talking of pc, speeder module for pes3,4,5,6 basically changes the fps on the game, if you attach any tool to check fps you will notice this, so probably when konami ported the game they kept that shitty hz lock remember the difference of speed between pes6 and we2007 and then pes5/we9 with we9le, in fact we9i is basically pal version of the game (at least for me) so that's why i think that konami poors ports to pc may have been affected by their software region hz, i might be wrong i cant actually prove it, but knowing konami infamous bad development...

Asking something to (again, sorry bro) @marqisspes6 : firstly i will release the O.F., for sur the coming month.
BUT after i would like just some small things to add i can't do myself. I've read few pages ago about stats colors, when i will be done with others things, you (or someone else) maybe help me to put the 75-79 stats in green? That's something i always wanted since even PES 6 : some old version got 70 to 79 in green i believe it's JLWE8AC.

It will looks by far overall better : there's a lot promising players who have perhaps only one stats in yellow, but the rest between 75 and 79.
Thanks in advance. But i never saw any PES 5 patch with it so i was pretty astonished when you said that's easy. In excel yes it's easy lol.
If you can't or again working with HEX myself i prefers not doing anything, just for 2 games i want to edit... I'll keep the stats as they were then.

I don't need how to do it right now, but if it's simple and i could just replace for example a PES 6 or JLWE9 with another file, kind of.

Stats in green like this? https://evoweb.uk/proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fi.ibb.co%2F478sqfR%2Fimagen.png&hash=74b8e68760df1594cb362bdc31d4c796

Well at least i can tell that, if you notice, as you mentioned many times the american or asian (ntsc) versions are faster than the european (pal) versions that might mean that konami fix for region change is not actually changing the game hz rendering, probably is something else, in fact, now talking of pc, speeder module for pes3,4,5,6 basically changes the fps on the game, if you attach any tool to check fps you will notice this, so probably when konami ported the game they kept that shitty hz lock remember the difference of speed between pes6 and we2007 and then pes5/we9 with we9le, in fact we9i is basically pal version of the game (at least for me) so that's why i think that konami poors ports to pc may have been affected by their software region hz, i might be wrong i cant actually prove it, but knowing konami infamous bad development...
Yes, but some jap games are slower and other are faster. I talk on PS2, not on PC : WE2007 and PES6 got (i believe) the same speed, but JLWE2007 is slower, WE9 and PES5 on PS2 seems to get the same speed. The difference must be much bigger as i give you an example :
The trick for having less slowdown on PCSX2 is to settle the maximum image to 60 by second (well, in reality it's 58.7 or something like that on NTSC, but my card refuse 59 fps) then you unlock the option for benchmark on one side, and on another you settle 60 fps on PCSX2 too.
I can assure you than it's ultra fast when you settle a 50hz, on everything (music, etc., all, and Benny Hill-ish) 10fps is WAY too much as a difference, even 5 as i tested too. I think on the next paragraph that the answer is elswhere :

Now about "or it's something else" you mentionned, (one very probable answer):
So yes, perhaps they mess up the HZ/FPS in game but not from 10. On important thing i remember : they got an interview and the guy asked why the game is less frantic (don't remember the words) in European games than in Asian games... And he answered than Japanese people tends to play less direct and more about reflexion than us 😒 i remember at Wearepes we all through than "they takes us for dumbass or what?". I know jap football is more slow and constructive. But that answer was a bit condescending for us. I don't lie. But about optimisation you're right. WE2007 is not really japanese but for American market (so even more faster normally lol or they will get quicky bored about "soccer")
It's dating from PES5 so 23 years ago, i don't think it's possible to found that itw but i swear it's not some kind of lie for nothing. That's something which marked me, from remembering it after all those years... You can thrust me. Not my type to invent story, my approach is more scientific

More like in game, just the character in green not the background like on PES 2014-21 ;) But i suppose that's not what you're asking otherwise yes, 75-79.

Now if you can make the background in green, that's ok but with a white color with a black around them could be really cool : i ever think the rendering could be even better, even if it's less PS2-ish. But i believe for nostalgia that copying/pasting PES 6 system would be better for people.

If it's not doable to add one more color for stats (which i understand) well, whatever. It was just by far easier to make play some promising your with 78 for example in all key stats, and transform them in beast 💪 Personnally i often ignore all white player as they doesnt tilt me, especially on WE8LE/WE9/PES5 who got a way bigger database with complete leagues.

Anecdote : JLWE9 the first with 75 stats in green as Asian League got several player which doesn't reach 80. it will be all white like in WE6JL for example.

EDIT : i'm talking in game, i don't remember if your answer was about your Editor or the game... Sorry if i misunderstood mate. On your editor it was already done (perhaps not at launch, didn't saw the thread)

Last edited:
@vialli82 Just wanting to clarify something on PES 2008 on PS2. Are you saying you are against messing with player stats to slow it down. I know @geeeeee has done this in his option file but I'm concerned it might mess up regen playes in ML.

Oh and happy New Year to all.

More like in game, just the character in green not the background like on PES 2014-21 ;) But i suppose that's not what you're asking otherwise yes, 75-79.

Now if you can make the background in green, that's ok but with a white color with a black around them could be really cool : i ever think the rendering could be even better, even if it's less PS2-ish. But i believe for nostalgia that copying/pasting PES 6 system would be better for people.

Yes in fact i wanted to put background and the foreground color in green but i didn't found the right combination so i decided to leave it like that, is not hard to do, if you are interest into help me with that and can make some test on photoshop i can add it it won't bother me at all i just need the right hex code colors

@vialli82 Just wanting to clarify something on PES 2008 on PS2. Are you saying you are against messing with player stats to slow it down. I know @geeeeee has done this in his option file but I'm concerned it might mess up regen playes in ML.

Oh and happy New Year to all.
Yeah i know it but he told how much he decreased stats. The issue when you try to restore stats like he made +5 stamina so the limit will be no more than 94 for SB/WB... But as i know it, i just have to search players with 90 and more, takes note and restore those players ;).
Edit: The changes are here if you're interested : https://evoweb.uk/threads/gees-pes-2008-21-22-option-file-and-iso-file-for-ps2.90190/#post-3899020
Easy to correct with an O.F. editor + checking SB/WB players above 89. I didn't restored all already, or i would have sent my O.F. mate.

He did what he wanted as there's no other way on PS2 or PCSX2, no kitserver for speed. I didn't said i don't respect people doing it, but i just hate it.
My preference goes for PES standards stats relative to the original version gameplay :)

I play with the original version FTM with my O.F., as i messed up a bit with "Others League C" players : i didn't know that their cost would be so low. So i used some to create players and the full Bundes (from scratch).

Happy new year too mate!

@marqisspes6 i ask you that because i truely believe that it miss one more rank of stats for version post WE10/PES6. And i saw many change regarding the fonts types, and some stuffs like background or special looking stats, but never the range 75-79 on older version, even if they created it way later than when the game was out. I truly believe it's important for selection before match and even more for Master League, youth development etc.

Can someone link me a good patch or mod for pes 11 that improves AI/gameplay etc ?
I have pes 11 installed with pes edit 2.2.1 along with English commentary from Fifa 10 world cup version. Will any patch or mod be compatible with making the game crash or getting bugged.

⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐View attachment 194330⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Happy Christmas! Here is a gift for all of you. :)

J.League Winning Eleven 2008 Club Championship - originally released as a Sony PlayStation 2 exclusive in Japan on 21st August 2008. This particular title marks the end of the primary focus of the PS2 as the main console release for the Winning Eleven and Pro Evolution Soccer series as the games had now fully moved on to the next generation platforms at the time - PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii. Whilst PES and Winning Eleven titles were still made yearly up until 2014 for the PS2 the quality sadly dropped off as the main development teams focus shifted to the newer more powerful consoles.

Alongside PES 2008/WE 2008 which was released earlier that year, JLWE2008CC is considered one of the finest releases in the critically acclaimed series mainly due to its improvements to the AI systems for both offense and defence. Taking the more action orientated approach seen in PES 6 but further fine tuning it by improving the games tempo, ball physics, fouls and AI as mentioned, these particular games offer some of the highest level of replayability and longevity. JLWE2008CC also offers the bonus of 6 star difficulty not see in the international PES 2008 release as well as slightly updated rosters.

I have fully translated all the text strings within the game using an earlier translation patch by the great Fernando (v1.5). As I said with the previous translation for J.League 2007, this was done with the use of computational translation software - mainly deepl.com and Google Translate so expect some errors here and there. There may be some sentences that do not make grammatical or contextual sense, and in some instances text may appear outside of their respective boxes due to word count and text size not being fully observed due to translating from Japanese to English, but for the most part you will be able to understand and read the text fine.

I also received some help from option file creator Adrian Ferrari who has made all the unlicensed kits for the Premier League, La Liga and others which is included in the zip file of this release along with a widescreen patch for use with a PS2 emulator such as PCSX2.

Patch Details:

• Fully translated from Japanese to English - all menus, modes, club names and players. Huge thanks to @Hawke who helped convert the main menu texture for me!
  • High LOD fix applied via hex edit to the SLPM file.
  • New wider camera applied via hex edit to the SLPM file. All cameras now offer a more zoomed out image slightly similar to PC patches.
  • New scoreboard.
  • New blue power bar.
  • New selection of footballs.
  • New positional plate texture.
  • New adboards.
  • New menu sounds.
  • New entrance music.
  • New font.
  • New Adidas boot pack - more of a hackjob due to Konami's limitations post PES 6 but better than nothing!
  • New licensed referee kits.
  • New licensed goalkeeper gloves applied to all teams.
  • Competition and League logos.
  • Banners for all J.League and some Serie A teams.
Download Link:

https://sharemods.com/iwdqe9dgjbde/J.League_Winning_Eleven_2008_Club_Championship.7z.html

I would like to thank @fernando for his translation that was used as a base, @marqisspes6 for his tools, help and support, @vialli82 @geeeeee @Lucian0 for reminding everyone how great PES 2008 and JLWE2008CC were and @Hawke for his help with the main menu.

Please download the latest nightly build of PCSX2 from here:

https://pcsx2.net/downloads/#nightly-anchor - Select the QT AVX2 release for Windows 10/11.

Ensure you apply the included Widescreen Patch to the appropriate folder in PCSX2 (I believe its cheats_ws and ensure 16:9 aspect ratio as well as cheats and widescreen patches are enabled in the emulator settings). You will know the widescreen patch has been applied properly as you will see a popup in the top left corner saying 'widescreen patches enabled'. Without this you will end up playing the game in stretched 16:9 and this causes the game to play at a higher speed than normal. Also ensure Optimal Frame Pacing is turned on to reduce any input latency.

To import save file data and option files to your virtual PCSX2 memory card please download MyMc from here:

http://www.csclub.uwaterloo.ca:11068/mymc/
Could you send your SLPM file with the camera zoomed out, but without increasing the LOD fix?
Maybe you have the same file from the JLWE9AC version?

- I bought a new pc...
- I am playing League of Legends 2-3 games every week..
- I decided to install PES 2017 with some graphic patches...I thought is a nice game and it looks amazing on my bigger monitor...
- A friend gave me the PES 2021...I tried it...I liked it, for my opinion is something similar to PES 2017, with better graphics, some new animations, a new camera and slower...If i set it to +1 speed i think it is the same with PES 2017 speed...But ok i think if someone wants to play a football game PES 2021 is the game...
- I decided to download Efootball 2023... LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLL...
What the fuck is that game.....Bad graphics+bad player models+gameplay is a shit :d

Why they released this game?

@rockstrongo hey man! Actually I wouldn't really know how it looks as compared to XBOX as I am strictly a PC gamer.. I think it looks good enough.. The gameplay is actually quite nice (PA 1 has a nice interpretation of assistance/control). My only problem with it is the unrealistic simulated scores in cups and leagues.. Kind of decreases immersion in that sense.. I wish there was a PC mod which could fix this!

@rockstrongo hey man! Actually I wouldn't really know how it looks as compared to XBOX as I am strictly a PC gamer.. I think it looks good enough.. The gameplay is actually quite nice (PA 1 has a nice interpretation of assistance/control). My only problem with it is the unrealistic simulated scores in cups and leagues.. Kind of decreases immersion in that sense.. I wish there was a PC mod which could fix this!
really loved pes 15 when it came out, best passing for me of all in the series (14 too)
Pa 1 is perfect here

If i do a Argentinian ML ,which game would you prefer 11 or 14 @millossobek ?
In my opinion friend,, PES 11 and 14 have their advantages/disadvantages.

Even though it is very well respected by the community, I haven't been able to get into 2011's gameplay too much yet. In my personal preference, it is too difficult to score and the game at times doesn't feel "dynamic enough". Too many 0-0 scores, even playing at 20 minutes. Maybe it has to do with my personal playing style. I think I need to play it more.

PES 2014's gameplay I think is actually quite solid. I like its defending system, with more timed tackles, and the game overall plays nicer than 2011 IMO.

Then again, 2011 has a really nice ML system, very detailed.. I think 2010 and 2011 have the best ML systems and features (with training and many other options). PES 2011 also has create your own stadium, which I think is one of the coolest features of any PES game and one that shouldn't have been removed.

PES 2014 has the most boring ML experience in terms of features. Way too basic.

So it all depends on what you're looking for. If you like PES 2011's gameplay, then by all means go with this one. Its ML features are really deep and makes it much more immersive.

If you like 2014's gameplay more (as I do), and you don't care too much about ML features, then definitely go with this installment.

Depends on what you like! :TU:

Last edited:
In my opinion friend,, PES 11 and 14 have their advantages/disadvantages.

Even though it is very well respected by the community, I haven't been able to get into 2011's gameplay too much yet. In my personal preference, it is too difficult to score and the game at times doesn't feel "dynamic enough". Too many 0-0 scores, even playing at 20 minutes. Maybe it has to do with my personal playing style. I think I need to play it more.

PES 2014's gameplay I think is actually quite solid. I like its defending system, with more timed tackles, and the game overall plays nicer than 2011 IMO.

Then again, 2011 has a really nice ML system, very detailed.. I think 2010 and 2011 have the best ML systems and features (with training and many other options). PES 2011 also has create your own stadium, which I think is one of the coolest features of any PES game and one that shouldn't have been removed.

PES 2014 has the most boring ML experience in terms of features. Way too basic.

So it all depends on what you're looking for. If you like PES 2011's gameplay, then by all means go with this one. Its ML features are really deep and makes it much more immersive.

If you like 2014's gameplay more (as I do), and you don't care too much about ML features, then defnitely go with this installment.

Depends on what you like! :TU:
Thanks man.
think ill go for 14, have hardly played it tbh, and might be cool to do a ML where ive never done it before, in South America.
think atmosphere is better on 14 as well.
San Lorenzo will have a new boss then

Besides, unfortunately there isn't Argentinian league in vanilla Pes 2011.. it's a shame as I'm sure it would have been lovely to have south american leagues there, they did such an awesome job with the Libertadores!

@rockstrongo yeah, not many people know this, but Viggo grew up in Argentina, which explains his hardcore support. :)

San Lorenzo are cool, and they have an interesting story. They recovered their stadium and placed it in their historical Boedo neighborhood. The Argentiniean league is very passionate for sure! Los Cuervos are one of the big-five in Argentina, and they won their first Libertadores I believe in 2015, so you'll have a good team to work with!

@slamsoze haha yeah, I totally forgot that PES 2011 doesn't have the Argentinian league (or any South American), unless of course you're playing with a South American patch, there are some out there. :)

https://www.moddingway.com/file/11278.html
And how to you get away with CL and EL which are both official? I mean a lot cinematics, menu, addboards, BGM.

Does it convert it to Libertadores? Or it's just the PES league carrying a South American league?

Back
Top Bottom