The Retro-PES Corner

thanks for this, im never been a nintendo player, but its always good to know, there's some emulator for those? maybe i can check if i can edit those versions too

i remember i tested the pes 2013 version of wii, was similar to the one from 3ds, not sure if someone has the save game for that, i could also take a look, and if there's a chance we can get proper support for that version too :)

depending on which WE if its higher than pes4/we8 then probably they use the same database format
NDS emulators if you mean, yes there, the best FOR ME is DSmume (clear personal preference though) DS emulation has some similar with PS2 emulation issues at general, regarding performance. Well this was a problem in the old days, after 2014 , every average PC can run that emulator fluently.

It's just crazy, cause for example the PSP emulation with PPSSPP, is top notch, either in PC or in mobile.

For 3DS , there is Citra AFAIK, but is still too infant, in comparison to DS emulation, and still has issues, plus the encryption-decryption of files process needed.

And still needs a powerful PC to run this without problems, judging from the rare but massive framedrops I get, here and there.

I think if you mess with this, it will be more tricky than PS, PS2.

NDS emulators if you mean, yes there, the best FOR ME is DSmume (clear personal preference though) DS emulation has some similar with PS2 emulation issues at general, regarding performance. Well this was a problem in the old days, after 2014 , every average PC can run that emulator fluently.

It's just crazy, cause for example the PSP emulation with PPSSPP, is top notch, either in PC or in mobile.

For 3DS , there is Citra AFAIK, but is still too infant, in comparison to DS emulation, and still has issues, plus the encryption-decryption of files process needed.

And still needs a powerful PC to run this without problems, judging from the rare but massive framedrops I get, here and there.

I think if you mess with this, it will be more tricky than PS, PS2.

i have been using citra for emulation, yeah the de/encrytion process was easy tho, really useful tool, been using also dolphin for wii some time ago, but i also have a wii on my dark corner of consoles, although i can confirm that nintendo save games are not encrypted at least the ones from the emulator, which is pretty nice

Hey guys, I want to add the hexagon to my OF Editor
I did the same test on different players with different registered positions and this is a resume of what stats affects different edges of the hexagon

ATT
ATTACK, SHOT ACC

TEC VERTEX:
TEC, DRIBBLE ACCURACY, S P ACC, LP ACC, S ACC, FK ACC, CURLING

STA VERTEX:
STAMINA

DEF VERTEX
DEFENSE

PWR
BALANCE, SHOT POWER, JUMP

SPD VERTEX:
TOP SPEED, ACCELERATION, DRIBBLE SPEED, RESPONSE

if ATTACK is 99 and SHOT ACC is 1
the line sets to middle

SPD, ACCELERATION and DRIBBLE SPEED seems to be like static values if we set it to 99 to both we'll get to the middle of the line if im not wrong, while if we set TOP SPEED and RESPONSE to 99 we'll get nothing, so i think those are like multiplicators and after making test i can tell you this could be part of the formula

SPD VERTEX = (ACCELERATION * TOP SPEED + DRIBBLE SPEED * RESPONSE) / (99 * 2)

although maybe im missing some division to ACCELERATION and DRIBBLE SPEED

PWR
BALANCE is the main value for this while JUMP seems to be some kind of multiplicator for SHOT POWER and BALANCE

TEC is gonna be a pain in the ass to find out how it works

DEF and STA are linear the value will give you the position of the edge

If someone wants to help me on this, i will be really happy, not to get the hexagon but to get some values so i can draw the hexagon

PS. I have tested all other values not mentioned on my list set to 99 and none of them affects the hexagon

Last edited:
The issue is the percentage, otherwise it's easy. I remember technique as Precision Dribbling/short passing/long passing/technique. Then you can goes over the Hexagon as you're testing...

But you can notice that no player on every PES, players never goes above the limit of the hexagon, but you can do it by editing. For example Reaction is often low when others speed related stats are very high. If you set all stats at 99 it will be like 140% or 140 overall in Global Speed.

I believe they, in Konami office, got an own system to rate based on limitation and + and - : i checked practically every PES to WE change of stats and often when they want to make the player different but not stronger, they increase one stat and decrease another : it was often or an "opposite" stats (like Attack and Defense) or a partner stats.

Sad there's no link or Hexagon > Octagon instead for Set piece and Aerial ability.

will come along with pes4/we8 edition :)
Please, did you wanted to say PES4/PES 2008 edition? Because PES 4 and WE8 you can forget those two awful games lol.
5,6,2008 (also WE version if doable, WE2008 got the same exact structure as PES 2008 US) from all kind need much more a new editor.
As i'm editing, i play way too rarely and i often want to stop for that reason, but with good editor the work would be done way faster :)
Well if it's in the package... No prob. For example, i'm working on Growth type on PES 5 as they're randomised.

And believe me, it takes a while to do it manually by searching then take the controller, enter and change the value.
Instead of doing all on PC. Fortunately i'm almost done, only French league left to do, but i did only 7 teams... And really want to edit something else like WE 2008 or PES 2014 PS2, thanks that now i can open the NDS with your tool it's easier for Consistency and Growth type all in japanese (i took note from Kanji on a sheet lol, but i'm so used to do it than i only need to know "Standard". I know what's next and before so)

Please, did you wanted to say PES4/PES 2008 edition? Because PES 4 and WE8 you can forget those two awful games lol.

if it was for me i will only do tools for PES5 saga but I do have many friends who loves that saga of games :)

5,6,2008 (also WE version if doable, WE2008 got the same exact structure as PES 2008 US) from all kind need much more a new editor.
As i'm editing, i play way too rarely and i often want to stop for that reason, but with good editor the work would be done way faster :)
Well if it's in the package... No prob. For example, i'm working on Growth type on PES 5 as they're randomised.

as i previously stated all pes/we from 2004 to 2014 with same format as PS2 will get support from my editor, maybe and I really mean it MAYBE PES3/WE7 will get editor too, only if i get really bored and i have nothing else to do with my life, because it will take me a whole new work of investigation and testing byte by byte and then restructure of code.
I need to map all growth type values for PES5 saga games, basically its a complicated function that konami did for growth type, let me break it for you, basically, all that data is storage in one byte that goes from 0 to 255, so we have 256 possible combinations of growth type, but as you know the game only shows 6, those 6 values are what the game consider growth type edited, but i need to map all of them so we can get a proper display of default game values, how do i do that? cheat engine and edit mode changing the value entering and exiting the basic settings config menu, so its gonna take me a while, so i do understand you, this really takes some time to have a really final version, in fact for growth type on pes14 i didnt looked for it, i just put the values i found on code from peterc10 some of them matched, but i can tell you that with pes5 saga games they wont match

And believe me, it takes a while to do it manually by searching then take the controller, enter and change the value.
Instead of doing all on PC. Fortunately i'm almost done, only French league left to do, but i did only 7 teams... And really want to edit something else like WE 2008 or PES 2014 PS2, thanks that now i can open the NDS with your tool it's easier for Consistency and Growth type all in japanese (i took note from Kanji on a sheet lol, but i'm so used to do it than i only need to know "Standard". I know what's next and before so)

I'm really glad it helps, in fact i just found only one bug which is critical for PS2 but i have already fix it, basically you save the file and didn't opened in the game... but yeah that's all thanks to users who test and report i can improve most of it :)

No prob for growth type and i'm aware of the 265 type of Standard/Early etc. But edited is by far better than random.
Normally those numbers should be about the exact age when they growth and they decrease, or perhaps the intensity (potential).

But well i don't care, i'm not okay too see Late/Lasting for a player who only played 7 years in his career : to me it was an obligation to at least reduce the damage of the randomisation.

Ah i didn't know that people still playing PES4/WE8, well not here on neither the people PES fans i know.
PES 5 is not my favourite to be honest, it feels a bit limited and more predictable in comparison to 2008 and JL2008. With the recoil of course, never before trying both a long time i would have said it and WE9 was my favourite game until i tried that supposed "final" version while the PS3 was out.

Then i discovered PES 2008, JL2008, and also the super underrated PES 2014 PS2. My ranking as changed, first it was a fresh air now it's to me the only 3 era version i will play forever (PES 5 era/PES 2008 era... And PES 2014)
I won't do anything else for old gen games and stick to those 3 + PES1/WE5FE time to time but without investement, as it's the basis and i got a big nostalgia around those version. But will probably came back too to PES 2021 which is my favourite PES after the golden era.

Last edited:
Ah i didn't know that people still playing PES4/WE8, well not here on neither the people PES fans i know.
I'm still playing WE8I, more for the "nostalgia" factor (as PES 4 was the game that really got me into PES, more than PES 3 which was the first one but which I truly re-discovered only at a later date) than for everything else.
I must admit that the patches by @TheWolf still play a fundamental role in making it and its siblings/cousins still "viable" now (Vuelta del Lobo, anyone?), I don't know whether I'd still be playing it without them*.
I still have a "kinda ongoing" WE8I ML with Benfica which I pick up from time to time (I've not been progressing for weeks now though).

*in addition... Not really a "must edit the menu songs no-matter-what" guy here, but when you hit the main menu and get welcomed by "Beautiful day" by U2 (I just love the album it is taken from) it's definitely a bonus.

I started with ISS PRO Evolution (didn't got a lot of memories from ISS Pro 98 as i played it perhaps 5 times at a friend house).
So i understand you very well. You should try WE8LE Japanese : that one is completely debbuged and not "sprint" based like WE8/PES4 (we should admit it) it's on my top 5 of all time. But there's too much to edit, and i already got 2 or 3 (perhaps) game to full edit, so i prefers to forgot about it lol.

Edit:
Pretty sad it's not on PC. Like WE7I japanese too, great game, the first i started to edit when i brought an "ebay PS2", then i given up as i played and compared to WE8LE and PES5 and it was too simple, less variety. But very solid, balanced, bug free and with more anims than PES 3 (one version i've never been a super fan, just liked it as it's a good game but not fanatic level, that's all)

Weird but i'm tired of League mode, and i can't play an ML without having corrected everything : that's mainly because of those PS4 version that i became too perfectionnist and can't simply enjoy the game as it is : if i see something wrong or bad it's an obsession : i need to correct it.

Now, when i talk about PES 2008 or whatever, it's mostly because i don't play the Golden Era by nostalgia (except PES1) but because i really like it.
And it's to me the most complete and less predictable PES version i played, or re-played, the most captivating.
I through it was a PES6 bis, a bit corrected but no.

You should try WE8LE Japanese
Is it only for PS2 though, isn't it?

If I recall correctly @Flipper the Priest had an interesting ML with it but I can't recall now whether it was fully translated into English including also team and player names (a thing I feel it's mandatory). As far as I remember I had a chat with him about importing kits into the game so I think he had kits/emblems imported in the end (which is another great thing to have for a proper ML).

I'm not the one who cares about the licences that much (heck, I'd love a totally unlicensed/fantasy ML in PES 5 or PES 6 with both players and teams being non-real) but I can't stand a ML in which half the teams have real players/kits/crests and half of them do not.

PES 4 (WE8I in america, same game) is the first game i won the first big prize on a tournament. But i ain't weirdly nostalgic about that version
Is it only for PS2 though, isn't it?

Yeah at the time Konami was more PS2 than PC. I think it's running well on PCSX2, if it's just for some game it's okay even with some slowdown and very micro bugs.

Also always played Fantasy league on every PES, the ML was made for it. Like you mentionned on PES 5 patch with D2 replacing some Others Euro/American teams. And i can play without licences : just renaming a bit for the overall atmosphere otherwhise... It's not a priority.

But from my eyes it's not the same about players. To me it's like bugs lol, i'm very, perhaps too much, perfectionnist about it. But it doesn't mean i want them perfect : but not a 190cm player which is 170cm in game for example, or a blonde with black hair etc.

EDIT/ @*aLe As you've said that you didn't found the "PES 5 soul" on the patch "PES 5 Original season", you may perhaps like better my option file/patch (the patch is especially for PS2, Emblems for Leagues + small change like new balls or something like that) with summers transfers.
One thing is there was more players to create for summer than for winter, with tons of players back to loan and tons of player going out on January...
And the game is very outdated in terms of transfers, the most that i edited (i've read than transfers was dated from 12 august)

I try to not denature PES5 and WE9LE as i will copy the OF for that version, but the only things i did is to recopy every single players stats from WE10 (growth type are rated differently : we're in the future) or PES 6 stats when unavailable on WE10. Also changed players who got their position wrong (like Vidal or a CF lol).
You know that Konami was always at least one year or several months late about stats... And playing with Aaron Lennon with 70 in speed or some players, often randomly rated as it was their first appearance with a wrong position (there's a lot of it), i don't believe that changing it is denaturing but more like a restoration about what PES 5 should have been.

And in PES/WE united are created Boca and River. Not CSKA, or Artmedia (first time i've learned his existence was on an option file) or Rapid Wien : i don't care about that season CL as the club side are made for play for the long term in priority. Nations are up to date, i will try to make a version with the 4 missing teams for World cup replacing Classics and one original version. I'm Italian by origin and love to play with nations so... I really want to remake a WC 2006 session time to time :)

Last edited:
Enough talk, i'm uploading a patch version of WE8LE, no rosters change : just aesthetic with real kits, banners etc.
Pretty rare and you need to register to a website, as there's more Brasileirao or database change patch than one original, with beautiful kits.
Got a small issue both on PS2 and PCSX2 : it's better to click and switch asap the second video self made for presentation or : black screen.

Hope you will enjoy it a bit @*aLe some games time to time, rarely in my case but it's always a pleasure.
There's a file with a memcard PCSX2 but i don't remember if it's necessary. There was another version.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/zw2rnopl8yz0sgx/WE8LE+-+Mix+Patch.rar/file

Guys if i want to ask:

1. If i want to test Efootball PES 2021 the last PES with seasons where i can find it?

2. I tried it to a friend's house and i thought that was full scripted...I was wrong?

3. Which was the last no-fullscirpted PES version?

4. PES 2017 and PES 2021 animations and ball physics are differend? In PES 2021 are better or are almost the same?

Last edited:
Guys if i want to ask:

1. If i want to test Efootball PES 2021 the last PES with seasons where i can find it?

2. I tried it to a friend's house and i thought that was full scripted...I was wrong?

3. Which was the last no-fullscirpted PES version?

4. PES 2017 and PES 2021 animations and ball physics are differend? In PES 2021 are better or are almost the same?
1. You can find the latest virtuared patch here. As far as I know it is fully updated. :)

2. Try gameplay mods if you're on PC. I've tried @Holland's and @Kolesnikcr7 GP's. and had a lot of fun with them! To me they decrease script.

3. In terms of Vanilla gameplay? To me it was PES 2017. My favorite Vanilla gameplay out of all the recent editions.

4. They're DEFINITELY different. Can't really summarize it shortly, but I'd say that PES 2021 is much more end-to-end (yet a slower game, as strange as that sounds it does apply IMO), and PES 2017 has more midfield battles. Physics also vary a lot.

@vialli82 Thanks for sharing. Will I be able to play this on my PS2 via USB?

Also, what's the difference between WE8LE and PES 5?

-Of course you can, that's what i do. But there's one of the cinematic that may give you a black screen if you don't push it soon.
That's the only issue (but we don't care, it's working and the patch is visually good ;) )
Note that didn't changing anything else than the graphics part, so there's still duplicates in NT etc.
Probably in the good old time it was delivered with an O.F., i don't know.

-WE8LE is the "final evolution" of PES 4, but it's probably the most game changing from all "Final Evolution" and "Liveware".
The game is completely debugged and you can see that the intentions behind WE8-PES4 wasn't bad.
A great game.

@reinelt97 > As a console gamer, i never play anything than vanilla version except graphical mods. If a game is bad... Then goodbye lol, i don't want amateur mods (with all respect) thinked and created by a single person, without beta tests. I got only PS3 era games, i got to install PES 15 with a patch as the PS4 version didn't allow kits and importing image at the time. Only since the hideous PES 2016.

On my side, the Vanilla PES 2021 completely crush on every other previous PS4 PES including PES 2017 even if yes, it's different. that's a version i didn't played that much in fact. and there's not enough variety in shot but well, sorry Millos 🤣
But PES 2021 is weirdly my favourite post Golden Era PES by far, there's issues but nothing is perfect and i'm not searching perfection.

I said it as i replayed some versions including 2017 not so long ago (as we talked about that version : i given a try few days after). And i didn't liked it that much, too easy to turn and doing supposed difficult things. Like PES 6... Which i ain't a fan, but better to me i admit, more balanced. PES 2015 was very balanced, but shoots were too straight. Passing was cool.

Well i switched every games without emotion... And weirdly (again) i falled in love about PES 2019 while you control it, same style as PES 2021, a bit heavier. Didn't got time to notice what you all said about one dimensionnal AI and easy, but yes contact didn't always makes sense.

Now about mods, there's exceptions : we tested on the 2021 thread the vanilla version vs gameplay mods, and in fact the gameplay mods were based on an older patch.
And the better/most balanced after testing here by many members was the 7.00 Konami's patch, the most balanced.

So mods... Yes for graphisms, but sometimes it may block some gameplay features, especially if the mod is not based on the latest patch.

Here, about 2021 version : the very final Konami's patch which i remember changed a lot of thing from feedback but i'm more about feeling and it wasn't the same sensations as pre-patch, slightly but surely. Better overall feeling on shooting, contact and dribbling. Passing i don't remember.

PES 4 (WE8I in america, same game) is the first game i won the first big prize on a tournament. But i ain't weirdly nostalgic about that version

Yeah at the time Konami was more PS2 than PC. I think it's running well on PCSX2, if it's just for some game it's okay even with some slowdown and very micro bugs.

Also always played Fantasy league on every PES, the ML was made for it. Like you mentionned on PES 5 patch with D2 replacing some Others Euro/American teams. And i can play without licences : just renaming a bit for the overall atmosphere otherwhise... It's not a priority.

But from my eyes it's not the same about players. To me it's like bugs lol, i'm very, perhaps too much, perfectionnist about it. But it doesn't mean i want them perfect : but not a 190cm player which is 170cm in game for example, or a blonde with black hair etc.

EDIT/ @*aLe As you've said that you didn't found the "PES 5 soul" on the patch "PES 5 Original season", you may perhaps like better my option file/patch (the patch is especially for PS2, Emblems for Leagues + small change like new balls or something like that) with summers transfers.
One thing is there was more players to create for summer than for winter, with tons of players back to loan and tons of player going out on January...
And the game is very outdated in terms of transfers, the most that i edited (i've read than transfers was dated from 12 august)

I try to not denature PES5 and WE9LE as i will copy the OF for that version, but the only things i did is to recopy every single players stats from WE10 (growth type are rated differently : we're in the future) or PES 6 stats when unavailable on WE10. Also changed players who got their position wrong (like Vidal or a CF lol).
You know that Konami was always at least one year or several months late about stats... And playing with Aaron Lennon with 70 in speed or some players, often randomly rated as it was their first appearance with a wrong position (there's a lot of it), i don't believe that changing it is denaturing but more like a restoration about what PES 5 should have been.

And in PES/WE united are created Boca and River. Not CSKA, or Artmedia (first time i've learned his existence was on an option file) or Rapid Wien : i don't care about that season CL as the club side are made for play for the long term in priority. Nations are up to date, i will try to make a version with the 4 missing teams for World cup replacing Classics and one original version. I'm Italian by origin and love to play with nations so... I really want to remake a WC 2006 session time to time :)
I agree about stats.
I modified many players importing their pes 6 stats into pes 5.
I saw Ribery 180 cm tall, Muntari 190 cm, players registered in wrong positions, favourite pitch sides and so on.
These things have a huge importance in cpu lineups and substitutions making, so it's impossible to not work on them :))

Just finihed downloading it.
What can I say? Thank you! I'll definitely try it out soon! ☺️

I think you refer to this post and to the one after that, right?
The part I'm debated about, lately, is stats: while I think they need some ironing out to correct some blatant errors (which you also pointed out), and while I wouldn't say "no" to "full FM conversions" to make them more accurate (like the one that happened for the "Vuelta del lobo" patch if I recall correctly) as long as they cover all the players, not just some otherwise it wouldn't make much sense, I feel that the changes should really take into account the way the game was meant to be played (unless they're altered on purpose like in AMADOR, but with some logic behind that).
Example: PES X is a faster-paced game than PES Y? We could fix some players' stats in PES X of course but we shouldn't, say, drop all players' speed by 20 points with the only goal to make it play more like PES Y because we think that PES Y plays better (I hope I managed to explain what I meant).

Other than that... I mean, the "Original season" patches are great jobs and it's not Fabri's fault if I feel like HD faces/balls and giant kits with new, skinnier body shapes (a thing that I don't think belongs to that patch, though) go against the original "art direction" of the game and therefore risk to "distort" it a bit.
I'm OK with having higher res menus/player indicators/scoreboards but I'd hardly use a HD face and I'm not a "2048x2048 ultra HD kits" person as they would hardly blend in the original "on the pitch" atmosphere/concept behind the game (what I called "soul" in that post).
I've seen for example that the infamous "model 33" for PES 6 (despite being, technically, a work of art) gained a lot of traction and, well, I think that the original PES 6 feeling "dies" a little with it.
Of course, should it become the standard... I'd have to adapt, even if it doesn't look like the original game's player models used to.
Just my 2 cents though.

Last edited:
Hi, I’m new to this site,

I bought PES 6 on PS2, as I got sick of modern games, I was wondering if there was any patch/option file out there that you could point me in the right direction, for jerseys etc… thanks a lot

Just finihed downloading it.
What can I say? Thank you! I'll definitely try it out soon! ☺️

I think you refer to this post and to the one after that, right?
The part I'm debated about, lately, is stats: while I think they need some ironing out to correct some blatant errors (which you also pointed out), and while I wouldn't say "no" to "full FM conversions" to make them more accurate (like the one that happened for the "Vuelta del lobo" patch if I recall correctly) as long as they cover all the players, not just some otherwise it wouldn't make much sense, I feel that the changes should really take into account the way the game was meant to be played (unless they're altered on purpose like in AMADOR, but with some logic behind that).
Example: PES X is a faster-paced game than PES Y? We could fix some players' stats in PES X of course but we shouldn't, say, drop all players' speed by 20 points with the only goal to make it play more like PES Y because we think that PES Y plays better (I hope I managed to explain what I meant).

Other than that... I mean, the "Original season" patches are great jobs and it's not Fabri's fault if I feel like HD faces/balls and giant kits with new, skinnier body shapes (a thing that I don't think belongs to that patch, though) go against the original "art direction" of the game and therefore risk to "distort" it a bit.
I'm OK with having higher res menus/player indicators/scoreboards but I'd hardly use a HD face and I'm not a "2048x2048 ultra HD kits" person as they would hardly blend in the original "on the pitch" atmosphere/concept behind the game (what I called "soul" in that post).
I've seen for example that the infamous "model 33" for PES 6 (despite being, technically, a work of art) gained a lot of traction and, well, I think that the original PES 6 feeling "dies" a little with it.
Of course, should it become the standard... I'd have to adapt, even if it doesn't look like the original game's player models used to.
Just my 2 cents though.

Yes, it's that post. Aswell as i applause the work made by Fabri and his friend : i prefers something more authentic.
I mean, based on that era or completely changed : everything is from old era, number of polygon for face, same for pixels etc. in one part and on the other you have 1024x1024 or 2k/4K face textures and pixels. Too me it create a weird "mix" a bit forced. I prefers for PC, leaving the feature like antistropic, resolution and anti-aliasing doing the job instead. It's more natural and feel less streched to be modern. It's a timeless classic, but not a modern game.

Didn't noticed about body's style, but i mod body by keeping the same style. In fact, the change of body structure from PS2 really started on PES 2009 to fit with his counterpart on PS3. 2008 and PES 6 (too me) version looks the same as PES 5.

-I prefers or a remaster but it's very hard to do, with for example PES 6 HD from X360 as a basis but in full HD for graphisms. But from now on : it's impossible to reproduce : you have to recreate the game from scratch. With it, it will looks natural for sure.
-Or you try to fits with the era it was built and try to do the best without denaturing the game too much, keeping the same overall vibes from the 2005 game.

But that's my own vision, i won't say that it's better or whatever, but i saw for example some original kits from La Liga and i compared with good created ones : they were almost similar, even more in game. Colors is the key. I play mostly on a real hardware.

Now, the most important as you started with it : Stats decreased or increase.
That's probably the thing you don't see directly but i hate it. Okay, the stamina bar for GK is getting quickly low, but i see it as like a "last minute pressure", and i never ever got an issue in the past with it. No need to gives +25 on them.

Same for the -10 in speed or whatever : those game aren't sim but "action football" in 10 minutes with a certain dynamic, with a sim logic (doing a pass at 240 degree could make your player fall and the ball will be slower etc./PES 6 toned down that logic especially for movement).
Well on PC there's a way i agree, is toning down the pace (overally) with the Kitserver.
Remember it's been a feature on ISS Pro until PES and that's a thing they shouldn't have removed.

So to me speed as long as it's not ultra fast isn't a problem, i can deal with a (relatively) fast paced game AS LONG as the physics follows real life logic like it's the case in Retro-PES.
Also, stats are linked, and changing stats without taking the others in account by decreasing them could completely remove the PES 5 or 3 or 2008 feeling...

After, that my own view i repeat, i don't want to change people mind, but just for those who read, to relativise a bit.
I want to play PES 5 but corrected : i will try to do it. It's a long work, and there will still errors to change, but less by far. Like Fabri said Ribery was 185cm 72kg, and the same stats in WE10, i couldn't keep the same set based on that height (as it's linked to rate players)

But when i do that : i'm going to "create a player" and check the price in ML : i want the same price as WE10 for the player, as sometimes there's a ++ in stats from WE10 to PES 6. From 2-4 point maximum the same, + or -, an try to keep more or less/i don't watch it that much/ the same amount of stats of course.

One other thing, back to the thread :
I tried both PES 5 and WE9LE with the same players, 60hz both. And i really didn't see any difference for the famous ball rebound. To me it's a placebo effect.
The only thing i noticed, is that like WE10LE, the game was faster. At least on PS2 version. Even too fast like the mentionned WE10LE > PES6 Korean.

Perhaps it's different on PC. But to me PES 5 and WE9 are a little bit less frantic. If you look at the marketing part : Korean are less about football than us, so increasing the overall speed will make the game more fun for them, that's my theory.
But in any case i see difference in gameplay. I prefers the 2 mentioned one that the Korean version, it's a bit too fast.

PES 5 isn't slow at all, but WE9LE is faster, like WE10LE declined by PES6 following less physical logic (don't hate PES 6 but can't play only with lower teams or it's a speed fest) so probably the faster version i played is PES6 Korean.

Also another question to @*aLe : what's the "number 33" stuff you mention?

One other thing, back to the thread :
I tried both PES 5 and WE9LE with the same players, 60hz both. And i really didn't see any difference for the famous ball rebound. To me it's a placebo effect.
The only thing i noticed, is that like WE10LE, the game was faster. At least on PS2 version. Even too fast like the mentionned WE10LE > PES6 Korean.

Perhaps it's different on PC. But to me PES 5 and WE9 are a little bit less frantic. If you look at the marketing part : Korean are less about football than us, so increasing the overall speed will make the game more fun for them, that's my theory.
But in any case i see difference in gameplay. I prefers the 2 mentioned one that the Korean version, it's a bit too fast.

PES 5 isn't slow at all, but WE9LE is faster, like WE10LE declined by PES6 following less physical logic (don't hate PES 6 but can't play only with lower teams or it's a speed fest) so probably the faster version i played is PES6 Korean.

Also another question to @*aLe : what's the "number 33" stuff you mention?

its about region old tv hz, thats why one is faster than the other

Back
Top Bottom