The Retro-PES Corner

Is there a full guide like @Shales posted ? would love to go through it, especially on mentality.
There doesn’t seem to be a pdf version of the PES 6 guide in English. The only mention of mentality I can see in the book is the description of the stat.

“Mentality indicates a player’s commitment and drive. When stamina is low, a player with high mentality level will be much more likely to run off the ball and maintain his general level of dedication than a similarly exhausted player with a lower mentality. The overall impact of stamina loss on abilities is also reduced.”

I figure out that the Super Cancel is also broken on PES 2011 (In addition to 2012) when using it to cancel a shot/cross.

@millossobek if you still have the game installed, can u try it !

I figure out that the Super Cancel is also broken on PES 2011 (In addition to 2012) when using it to cancel a shot/cross.

@millossobek if you still have the game installed, can u try it !
I just checked it bro in training mode and you're right. Super Cancel doesn't work for crosses, but when I try to shoot and use Super Cancel, the player makes a short lob pass. :LOL:

I just checked it bro in training mode and you're right. Super Cancel doesn't work for crosses, but when I try to shoot and use super cancel, the player makes a short lob pass. :LOL:
Yes that's it. But isn't a short lob pass.
It's a lob shot. Cuz you hold R1 + shot button.

It's seems that the game doesn't read the R2 when holding it with R1 for the super cancel. So for it its only R1+ shot button.

And what is strange, that you can use it to change player direction off the ball (R1+R2 only), but not to cancel a shot/cross.

And they didn't even correct it for the next edition. I don't have an idea about PES 2013

Recently I replayed PES 2010 after weeks of Playing PES 2009.

How Konami allowed its self to release a game with such a gameplay ! How they haven't tried to correct it with the official gameplay patchs!!

I mean, I believe that PES 2010 has the fastest gameplay ever of the PES editions. I even tried to reduce it using the kitserver to 0.9, but it still fast.

Besides that (I wrote that in the past) it has the worst IA defence system I ever played, so the game has a fast gameplay + very pool IA's defending system.

PES 2009 has an acceptable gameplay speed, I like it. I feel like PES 2010 has x2-3 the gameplay speed of the previous edition.

I understand why they released PES 2011 with a slower gameplay tempo.

From PES 2010 to PES 2011, it's moving from the fastest to the slowest gameplay in PES editions.
I actually like PES 2010, I know it's not the most popular edition but it kinda has a feeling of the classic PS2 era PES with better graphics. :) I am playing right now with speeder 0.91 and quite enjoying it!

It's a lob shot. Cuz you hold R1 + shot button.
Right, lob shot. :)

@H_G What speeder settings do you use in PES 2011?

@H_G What speeder settings do you use in PES 2011
I didn't change it. Until now

I actually like PES 2010, I know it's not the most popular edition but it kinda has a feeling of the classic PS2 era PES
I found most of PS2 editions less fast than it.
Even with 0.91it still fast, the ball roll fast on the pitch.
With PES 2011 it's completly the opposite experience for me

@H_G Do you know of any gameplay mods for PES 2010 that make the game harder? I've been playing ML and enjoying it, but it's too easy in Top Player compared to other editions. (TP is the highest level in 2010).

I tried the following gameplay mod at first (Jenkey 0.62 gameplay tool) and even though it made the game harder, it also made the CPU too tiki-taka and hard to dispossess. Was wondering if perhaps you or anybody else knew of any other gameplay mod out there to increase difficulty? I also tried the PES 2010 "Superstar Level" tool but it doesn't apply in Master League.

@H_G Do you know of any gameplay mods for PES 2010 that make the game harder? I've been playing ML and enjoying it, but it's too easy in Top Player compared to other editions. (TP is the highest level in 2010).

I tried the following gameplay mod at first (Jenkey 0.62 gameplay tool) and even though it made the game harder, it also made the CPU too tiki-taka and hard to dispossess. Was wondering if perhaps you or anybody else knew of any other gameplay mod out there to increase difficulty? I also tried the PES 2010 "Superstar Level" tool but it doesn't apply in Master League.

It looks like there’s a crazy amount of goals in that game :BLINK: :D

@geeeeee Yeah, I like playing 17-20 minute matches in Master League, but overall I'd say the first 6 or 7 games of my ML (even the CPU vs CPU games) were quite high scoring! Not sure if this is the case for the entire game though, I remember other ML's being more "average scoring" in terms of goals made and conceded.

@H_G Thanks.. Yeah that was the only gameplay I found. Might give it a shot later on but I found it to be a little tiki-taka in my first league. :)

I'm considering starting a PES 5 Master League with the PES 5 Original Season patch, which is really well made. (It would be my first PES 5 ML ever). Was wondering, what difficulty settings do you guys like playing PES 5 ML at? I'm considering 5 or 6 stars. I've heard some things about PES 5 AI not being optimized for 5 stars, but then again I struggled quite a bit to score in JLeague Winning Eleven 9 Asia Championship with 5 (might have something to do with the fact that I picked a very low-stats team), so any advice would be great.

EDIT: After playing a few exhibitions, I'll give 6 stars a shot. :)

Last edited:
I'm considering starting a PES 5 Master League with the PES 5 Original Season patch, which is really well made. (It would be my first PES 5 ML ever). Was wondering, what difficulty settings do you guys like playing PES 5 ML at? I'm considering 5 or 6 stars. I've heard some things about PES 5 AI not being optimized for 5 stars, but then again I struggled quite a bit to score in JLeague Winning Eleven 9 Asia Championship with 5 (might have something to do with the fact that I picked a very low-stats team), so any advice would be great.

If you're gonna play the pc version of pes5 i will recommend using @elaf ML mod which is really good :)

Hello to all, I update source code of PES Fan Editor 2008 PS2 version, and added function for copy stats, like on PES5 and PES6. Also added a code for Paste PSD stats that Lazanet patented some years ago. Now you can copy and paste stats. Just stats, not faces, hairs and antoher.
If someone still edit .psu files of PES 2008 this maybe useful.
1669487209543.png

Last edited:
Hello to all, I update source code of PES Fan Editor 2008 PS2 version, and added function for copy stats, like on PES5 and PES6. Also added a code for Paste PSD stats that Lazanet patented some years ago. Now you can copy and paste stats. Just stats, not faces, hairs and antoher.
View attachment 189518

Hi @adams06 thank you so much for this, this will save me sooo much time! I cannot thank you enough! :APPLAUD:

View attachment 189518

Hi @adams06 thank you again for the editor I have been using it tonight. :)

But I do have to let you know one thing that I have noticed, in the new editor it does not show what squad the player is in (in the black section on the right). Please see the two images for Matt Turner. In the old editor it shows him in USA and Arsenal but in the new editor it is blank. ;)

It is not a major problem but it is something that I use to double check that players are in the correct squads when editing.

Old PES2008 Editor.png

New PES2008 Editor.png

Hi @adams06 thank you again for the editor I have been using it tonight. :)

But I do have to let you know one thing that I have noticed, in the new editor it does not show what squad the player is in (in the black section on the right). Please see the two images for Matt Turner. In the old editor it shows him in USA and Arsenal but in the new editor it is blank. ;)

It is not a major problem but it is something that I use to double check that players are in the correct squads when editing.

View attachment 189525

View attachment 189527
Oo yes. You are right. Thank you. I will try to fix that as soon as possible

Back
Top Bottom