The Retro-PES Corner

I'd like to know, how are player performance ratings (after the match) calculated in PES 6? Is there some kind of formula, or perhaps @Shales' manual mentions something about this? I'd love to know how this is calculated and what it takes into account.
I’ll have a look. I don’t think there is an explanation though. I don’t I’ve ever seen the formula explained.

Going back in time for some international action in PES3 for the World Cup and wanted to give a belated thanks to @Flipper the Priest for the option file he shared here a while back. Finally got it installed. I notice you posted an even more comprehensive one here Flipper
https://evoweb.uk/threads/pes-3-option-file.82479/ Is it still live as I can't see a link?

Generally speaking, how the he'll does an almost 20-year-old game like PES3 look and play so well still? It really is a joy. The AI could well be the best ever. And those pitches!

Thanks! I can try to dig out the most recent OF. I started to refine it but in such a stop start way that I lost my place. But I'll be able to source the best version. Give me the week!

I'm with you on PES3. Looks magnificent, and the AI is exceptional. For me, the greatest.

Thanks! I can try to dig out the most recent OF. I started to refine it but in such a stop start way that I lost my place. But I'll be able to source the best version. Give me the week!

I'm with you on PES3. Looks magnificent, and the AI is exceptional. For me, the greatest.
Thanks. Really appreciate that.

I think i'll forever be flip-flopping between PES 3, PES 5 and PES 2008 (ps2).

Fellow retro PES players, let's address one key issue that affects our community. Retro PES should also embrace, when possible, the online multiplayer part. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but it's vital to preserve the legacy, for example, of PES 4, 5 and 6 so that those titles will stay popular. I myself would like to see me, in 20 years, still playing on some server or group online with real humans. Like in golden times... I remember playing PES 2008 ps2 online avidly back then. Those titles still have a lot to say and can compete with newer games which will never match the immediate joy of really controlling your players. But there are some things I would like to point out.

1) First thing first, online is best enjoyed when distances aren't huge. Playing from France with a Chinese player it's very critical, since ping will ve high. So regional groups should be encouraged as in old times (the server ensured you to get a good match to play). For this we would need either to have many people on a server with auto match feature and/or regional discord groups and websites.

2) PES6 gets all the love of the online community, while PES5 or WE9 and PES4/WE8 are way way behind. Yes, PES4 online support (I have one European discord group for it) is very basic and needs external tools such as Hamachi or RadminVPN... but PES5 has a couple of active servers: Indie and a WE9LE server which works well also for PES5. Why then, despite the huge hype PES5 has, those servers are mostly void unlike PES6 Stars that has tens if not hundreds of players active at all times?

3) Some very popular retro PES YouTubers. I'll say it right away: some of you, guys, are very selfish to say the least. We understand that you prioritize creation of fantastic content. And we understand you want to grow your channels and view and like count. But why discouraging comments to try to gather people to play those titles you display on YouTube? Why you delete invites to play? Does the online undermine your work? Don't you think that someone would be grateful to find under your videos some link to groups of lovers of retro PES who play online? I would not have been able to gather a small group for PES4 if I had not had the support of footballerPOMAH. Some other YouTubers, however, are even disrupting our efforts to make PES4 and 5 great again... online.

PES5, in particular, since it has server support and an excellent one too (Indie) does not deserve to be forgotten and to be only played online sparingly by a handful of nicknames. We should do more in order to gather people who would dream to be able to play PES5/WE9 online.

Last edited:
Fellow retro PES players, let's address one key issue that affects our community. Retro PES should also embrace, when possible, the online multiplayer part. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but it's vital to preserve the legacy, for example, of PES 4, 5 and 6 so that those titles will stay popular. I myself would like to see me, in 20 years, still playing on some server or group online with real humans. Like in golden times... I remember playing PES 2008 ps2 online avidly back then. Those titles still have a lot to say and can compete with newer games which will never match the immediate joy of really controlling your players. But there are some things I would like to point out.

1) First thing first, online is best enjoyed when distances aren't huge. Playing from France with a Chinese player it's very critical, since ping will ve high. So regional groups should be encouraged as in old times (the server ensured you to get a good match to play). For this we would need either to have many people on a server with auto match feature and/or regional discord groups and websites.

2) PES6 gets all the love of the online community, while PES5 or WE9 and PES4/WE8 are way way behind. Yes, PES4 online support (I have one European discord group for it) is very basic and needs external tools such as Hamachi or RadminVPN... but PES5 has a couple of active servers: Indie and a WE9LE server which works well also for PES5. Why then, despite the huge hype PES5 has, those servers are mostly void unlike PES6 Stars that has tens if not hundreds of players active at all times?

3) Some very popular retro PES YouTubers. I'll say it right away: some of you, guys, are very selfish to say the least. We understand that you prioritize creation of fantastic content. And we understand you want to grow your channels and view and like count. But why discouraging comments to try to gather people to play those titles you display on YouTube? Why you delete invites to play? Does the online undermine your work? Don't you think that someone would be grateful to find under your videos some link to groups of lovers of retro PES who play online? I would not have been able to gather a small group for PES4 if I had not had the support of footballerPOMAH. Some other YouTubers, however, are even disrupting our efforts to make PES4 and 5 great again... online.

PES5, in particular, since it has server support and an excellent one too (Indie) does not deserve to be forgotten and to be only played online sparingly by a handful of nicknames. We should do more in order to gather people who would dream to be able to play PES5/WE9 online.

I personally would love to be able to play PES2008 the PS2 version online so that my brother and me could play without having to travel but i dont think that is possible. :(

I know this isn't the right thread but i feel like it's more the right thread than the effotball general discussion one.... I am really stuck with what to do for my PES fix.

obviously efootball is a dud so I am not touching that. I have tried PES5/WE9LE/PES6 Firebird with varying patches over the lst few years and they can be fun for a short while but they are too basic/easy for me to be any kind of challenge or fun over the long term.

Looked at PES2021 on PC but it still looks like from what people are saying that professional is the only reasonable difficulty to play on which feels kind of pointless.

I tried PES2014 again but for me despite me liking the core of the game it's still too broken to enjoy.

not sure what to do? i had great fun with PES2017 but it was nothing worth playing again right now. do i just need to give PES up for good?

do i just need to give PES up for good?
I'm in the exact same boat as you, and for me personally, vs AI at least, the answer (sadly) is yes.

However, the thing that's giving me football-game joy (other than Football Manager) is playing old-school PES online via Parsec with Evo-Webbers. There is so much fun to be had in an online Master League with friends, that it honestly makes me so sad that the modern games don't have this built-in. The 2vAI experience makes up for a lot of shortcomings, and a 1v1 "knock my team out of the cup" tournament can be so much fun.

I know that's a bit of a rubbish answer, especially if you don't have willing participants - but if you've got any crappy old PC, a controller you can hook up to it and an internet connection, I'd be happy to have a few games with you sometime.

(I'm sort of desperate to get an Evo-Web World Cup going, I've got two "maybes" and if I just get one more, it feels like it's got legs...)

I know this isn't the right thread but i feel like it's more the right thread than the effotball general discussion one.... I am really stuck with what to do for my PES fix.

obviously efootball is a dud so I am not touching that. I have tried PES5/WE9LE/PES6 Firebird with varying patches over the lst few years and they can be fun for a short while but they are too basic/easy for me to be any kind of challenge or fun over the long term.

Looked at PES2021 on PC but it still looks like from what people are saying that professional is the only reasonable difficulty to play on which feels kind of pointless.

I tried PES2014 again but for me despite me liking the core of the game it's still too broken to enjoy.

not sure what to do? i had great fun with PES2017 but it was nothing worth playing again right now. do i just need to give PES up for good?
You could consider trying PES 5 online. The gameplay is simple but deep. Only humans can master it really. There is also the ELAF AI tool which improves a bit AI's behaviour. And you should try to stick to weaker teams offline.

Last edited:
Hey bros! I have a couple of questions about PES 6:

- Right now I'm playing with a very nice Croatian patch (available here) and everything is running smooth, except for the commentary. The built-in English commentary has some songs and other nice patch additions, but it has inaccuracies, like for example: saying "it's the start of the 2nd half" when the game starts, saying incorrect scores, and also that my team has won the "Spanish League" after winning a normal fixture :LOL: , haha I'm not even playing in the Spanish League, etc.. I tried applying the original PES 6 commentary (available here kindly posted by @etherovamon), as well as the FIFA commentary, but I'm having the same issues. Is there anything that can be done about this? Makes me think it's something built into the patch, perhaps it can be fixed? :THINK:

- My second question is much more straightforward: To you experienced PES 6 players, which would you say is the most "realistic" transfer frequency? Would you say it's low, normal, or high, in order to have a realistic number of transfers made by CPU-controlled teams?

Thanks in advance! :TU:

Last edited:
I personally would love to be able to play PES2008 the PS2 version online so that my brother and me could play without having to travel but i dont think that is possible. :(

I did try to make it playable but couldn't get to find the right codes for "actions" the game sends to the server some code when we press a button, this code I couldn't get it, even not on the working server, not sure how people who made the server for pes5/6 did it if im honest, my knowledge on that its limited, other pes ps2 games with server online support probably will be able if we manage to understand how that works but its quite hard, too many test to do if im honest and from the ps2 its even harder, the emulator doesn't have a proper support for online, its a pain in the ass making it work, and its quite random when it works. If someone ever has the time to read this and knows how to find this codes I'm more than willing to give support for the other pes games on my server and work alongside this person. If im not wrong the last pes was pes2010 ps2 with online mode. So we can at least give support for almost 4 games, we8le, pes2008, pes2009, pes2010 and probably their WE counterpart (of course if they count with online mode at the menu)

About this, I understand that feeling you're trying to put into words, I'm not so sure of how much is related to the fact of YouTubers, streamers whatever fault its, mostly because they try to support the game they like, and thats it, if you wanna build an empire like the one that pes6 has on modding, its only something that the community and the people who likes the games should care about, many people think those games are dead, and i think i already told you one of the reasons, there's not a current season patch, although there's people who likes the game default, most of them are there because of the support patchmakers provide to the game to keep up to date, i try really hard to keep on pc pes5/we9/le and pes4/we8le alive the most i can with other people from the community but there's a big reality, we need people who make use of that stuff, being patchmakers, graphmakers, whatever they're, we need of that and at the end most of the stuff is there and no one use it, and that content just die there

can you try my gameplay file for pes 6 to see what you think?

Hello guys I'm recently playing WE8(PES4) Master league
and I really want to change the max number of substitution on master league.
During off season games max number of sub is 7 but during regular season and cup games I only can have 3 subs.
Is there are any way that I can change the max subs in master league?
I tried to find kitserver but WE8 kitserver doesn't have a option of changing number of subs.
I know how to use AFS explorer and Game graphic studio.
If anyone know the solution please tell me.
Thanks

I remember, I think my Dad got me it for Xmas.

I'd have been, what, 23 or 24, and my now wife, who I was spending like my 2nd Christmas with, was not impressed that I spent most the day reading it 😂😂

I had some guides for other games, they were brilliant. I'd spend more time reading them, than playing the actual game.

@Shales Hey man! I was wondering if perhaps you could show me what the PES 6 guide says about the teamwork system (player lines and numbers in formations in relation with each other) and how it affects stats and performance. Thanks! :TU:

@Shales Hey man! I was wondering if perhaps you could show me what the PES 6 guide says about the teamwork system (player lines and numbers in formations in relation with each other) and how it affects stats and performance. Thanks! :TU:

This is from the 2008 guide, pretty sure it’s the same concept.

Attachments

• Document_2022-11-18_192435.pdf
    2.3 MB · Views: 42
I'm pretty sure you haven't read PES 2009 guide I gave you on PDF

Right. I haven't read it yet but I downloaded it. I wanted to make sure it was the same system as PES 6. Will read the PES 2009 guide in due time. Thanks.

until pes2009 on pc konami keep the same system as pes6 then it changed a bit on pes2010, in fact pes2013 was the last game they made base on the engine, so basically in other words... at some point on pc you can change stuff to make it look like 2013 haha

Back
Top Bottom