The Retro-PES Corner

My pc broke a few weeks back 😢😢, luckily I managed to salvage the data files from my ssd. I've a new pc being organised as we speak, just need to update the last final 3 leagues with my gameplay formula, if everything goes to plan I'm hopeful of a Christmas release 🎄🎄

Here's the amount of detail I've actually put into every famous player in the file, there are multiple versions of all the greats with different stats on a growth curve to where they were in their careers at the time with each different version also having an updated body type to match their age profile at the time . For example I've made 6 individual Ronaldos covering his career from the 16 year old at the 1994 World Cup to the 2004 Real Madrid version were even though he was heavy he was still an elite level striker, I've been really enjoying matching up all the greats against each other to see who was the best

View attachment 186129
View attachment 186130

excellent news mate ;)

I've made 6 individual Ronaldos covering his career from the 16 year old at the 1994 World Cup to the 2004 Real Madrid version
That's really a lot of dedication.. 6 different Fenomenos! cheers! It's amazing to see how active PES 6 and its community continues to be so active after all these years, it is really encouraging to see. Seriously, PES 6 will never fade away. :)

If you want to play PES 2008 on PCSX2 you can try Gee's work, which has the ISO and OF with the teams updated to this year:

https://evoweb.uk/threads/gees-pes-2008-21-22-option-file-and-iso-file-for-ps2.90190/

I also recommend the 2008 version of J-League Winning Eleven, an improved version of PES.
It is a league with lower player stats than the European teams, which in my opinion generates more real things at a physical level and in terms of gameplay/IA on the field. (Man I feel like a Ad-bot, always writing the same about this game) :D

I don't know about the legality on these old games, but I'm sure you can find the PS2 ISOs at archive.org.
And the almost complete english translation at the end of the first post here:

https://evoweb.uk/threads/different-patch-for-we6-we7-we8-we8le-jwe9ac-pes5-jwe2007cc-jwe2008.74728/

I can't speak about the later games, they are already very buried in my memory.

Thanks a lot @Lucian0 I'm a huge fan of Asian Football Leagues, so this JLeague PS2 fits like a glove. :) Will also check out Gee's ISO and OF, as this is exactly what I'm looking for. :TU:

Last edited:
Bros, I'm looking for a PES 5 or PES 6 patch or option file which includes a lot of Eastern European teams. Not necessarily a league-specific patch but one that includes plenty of variety from the Balkans region especially. Any year is OK. If you know of any, please let me know.. Thanks! :BSCARF:

long time no see, might get this finally finished by year end, that AI Van Basten is ridiculous

I watched all the video clips in your channel, I think you should put this patch for the public, it is one of the best classic copies if not better, if you could file the plans and tactics of the Netherlands in 1974, we are waiting for your patch.

I watched all the video clips in your channel, I think you should put this patch for the public, it is one of the best classic copies if not better, if you could file the plans and tactics of the Netherlands in 1974, we are waiting for your patch.
Thanks for those kind words 👍 I worked especially hard on the Dutch 1974 team to get their aggressive offside line and total football as close as the game engine allowed me fine tuning them even more after I posted those videos on YouTube, actually they're my favourite team to play against especially with other teams from that era like the Germany 74 and Poland 74 squads, I've also made 3 versions of Johan Cryuff to cover his Ajax, Barcelona and back to Ajax in the early 1980s. Being an avid football historian with an eye for every small detail has really helped me in the last 2 years putting this file together

Thanks for those kind words 👍 I worked especially hard on the Dutch 1974 team to get their aggressive offside line and total football as close as the game engine allowed me fine tuning them even more after I posted those videos on YouTube, actually they're my favourite team to play against especially with other teams from that era like the Germany 74 and Poland 74 squads, I've also made 3 versions of Johan Cryuff to cover his Ajax, Barcelona and back to Ajax in the early 1980s. Being an avid football historian with an eye for every small detail has really helped me in the last 2 years putting this file together
Is it possible to file formation 🎮 a Holland 74 » plan?

Hi everyone :)
I'll just share my story and be on my way xD
I played 255 seasons with AC Milan in PES 5.
Master league does not end but restarts in year 2004 instead of 2005 :D
I remember I watched your video about it on youtube time ago :)

Would you mind to tell us more on your experience? For example how many minutes long the games were, how did you kept things interesting for so long and so on. I'd really love to know!

Last edited:
Hi everyone :)
I'll just share my story and be on my way xD
I played 255 seasons with AC Milan in PES 5.
Master league does not end but restarts in year 2004 instead of 2005 :D
What.... 255 seasons???? :LMAO:

That has to be a Guinness World record, dude! Beyond impressive!! :TU: Would also love to hear more about your experience about the database changes, the teams and everything. That's insane 255, so cool haha!!

It is hard to remember everything that happend in these two and half centuries of master league football, but in short:
  • i played 5 minute matches 99% of the time, very rarely I have played on 10 minutes
  • all seasons on 6 stars, except maybe one season, but can't really remember, since I played this for 15 years
  • I think I had pause for about 2 years of not playing a single game of PES 5
  • Did not bought many different players (unlike my brother who changed almost whole team on half season).
  • Superpatch 2.0
I played some ISS on PS1 with my friend when I was a kid. Next games I tried were ISS 3 and PES 3 on PS2 when my parents could afford it, but I was not very into those. Next in line was PES 5 when it came out and then 6.
I just decided that 5 was better and never stopped playing it.
Since I finished 255 ML seasons a couple of years ago, I stopped playing ML and play exhibition matches on 10 minutes every day that I probably could have completed a several more seasons xD

To keep it interested I have done a lot of things, like seeing how many goals could I score with 1 player (Shevchenko) if I concentrated all passes to him and if he played every game from age 17 to 46.
And I have done that 3 times I think, which means that I had Sheva in my team for at least 90 years, but more like 180.
Max goals I scored with him was 1327, but games were never counted properly because of some ingame restriction. It says that he played 1023 games when the truth is he played about 1300 games.
I also played badly couple of times (on purpose) to get back in Division 2 xD
From my brother, who is also PES 5 fan, I "learned" opposition destruction technique, which means to sell as much goalkeepers as possible to your strongest rivals so they suck in game. I also done the opposite, selling them all the biggest stars like Maradona, Pele etc.

Favorite players were pretty much whole Milan squad from 2005 and then Roma, De Sanctis, Ateba, Song, Vargas, Hasan Sas, Obinna, M'bami, Pires, Farfan, Baros, Okaka and many more (but not like in hundreds or thousands).
I will also do a videos on this, but I don't have much time and editing skills.

Setup for ML:
Group A (my group)
  • Milan, Palermo, Fiorentina, Juventus, Lazio, Udinese, Messina, Livorno, Roma, Sampdoria, Chievo Verona, Inter, Werder, Schalke, Bayern Munchen, Ajax
Division 2
  • Reggina, Parma, Empoli, Treviso, Siena, Galatasaray, HSV, PSG
Group B
  • Barcelona, Real Madrid, Espanyol, Valencia, Malaga, Getafe, Villareal, Sevilla, Atletico Madrid, Real Sociedad, Olympiacos, Benfica, Porto, Fenerbahce, Sporting Lisbona, Shakhtar Donetsk
Group C
  • Newcastle United, Middlesbrough, Atletico Osasuna, Real Betis, Real Zaragoza, Deportivo La Coruna, Racing Santander, Mallorca, Rangers, Celtic, NEC Nijmegen, PSV, Rosenborg, Dynamo Kyiv, Toulouse, CSKA Moscow
Group D
  • Manchester United, Arsenal, Chelsea, Aston Villa, Liverpool, Everton, West Ham United, Tottenham Hotspurs, Fulham, Manchester City, Marseille, Lille, Lyon, Monaco, Feyenoord, Stuttgart

Last edited:
It is hard to remember everything that happend in these two and half centuries of master league football, but in short:
  • i played 5 minute matches 99% of the time, very rarely I have played on 10 minutes
  • all seasons on 6 stars, except maybe one season, but can't really remember, since I played this for 15 years
  • I think I had pause for about 2 years of not playing a single game of PES 5
  • Did not bought many different players (unlike my brother who changed almost whole team on half season).
  • Superpatch 2.0
I played some ISS on PS1 with my friend when I was a kid. Next games I tried were ISS 3 and PES 3 on PS2 when my parents could afford it, but I was not very into those. Next in line was PES 5 when it came out and then 6.
I just decided that 5 was better and never stopped playing it.
Since I finished 255 ML seasons a couple of years ago, I stopped playing ML and play exhibition matches on 10 minutes every day that I probably could have completed a several more seasons xD

To keep it interested I have done a lot of things, like seeing how many goals could I score with 1 player (Shevchenko) if I concentrated all passes to him and if he played every game from age 17 to 46.
And I have done that 3 times I think, which means that I had Sheva in my team for at least 90 years, but more like 180.
Max goals I scored with him was 1327, but games were never counted properly because of some ingame restriction. It says that he played 1023 games when the truth is he played about 1300 games.
I also played badly couple of times (on purpose) to get back in Division 2 xD
From my brother, who is also PES 5 fan, I "learned" opposition destruction technique, which means to sell as much goalkeepers as possible to your strongest rivals so they suck in game. I also done the opposite, selling them all the biggest stars like Maradona, Pele etc.

Favorite players were pretty much whole Milan squad from 2005 and then Roma, De Sanctis, Ateba, Song, Vargas, Hasan Sas, Obinna, M'bami, Pires, Farfan, Baros, Okaka and many more (but not like in hundreds or thousands).
I will also do a videos on this, but I don't have much time and editing skills.

Setup for ML:
Group A (my group)
  • Milan, Palermo, Fiorentina, Juventus, Lazio, Udinese, Messina, Livorno, Roma, Sampdoria, Chievo Verona, Inter, Werder, Schalke, Bayern Munchen, Ajax
Division 2
  • Reggina, Parma, Empoli, Treviso, Siena, Galatasaray, HSV, PSG
Group B
  • Barcelona, Real Madrid, Espanyol, Valencia, Malaga, Getafe, Villareal, Sevilla, Atletico Madrid, Real Sociedad, Olympiacos, Benfica, Porto, Fenerbahce, Sporting Lisbona, Shakhtar Donetsk
Group C
  • Newcastle United, Middlesbrough, Atletico Osasuna, Real Betis, Real Zaragoza, Deportivo La Coruna, Racing Santander, Mallorca, Rangers, Celtic, NEC Nijmegen, PSV, Rosenborg, Dynamo Kyiv, Toulouse, CSKA Moscow
Group D
  • Manchester United, Arsenal, Chelsea, Aston Villa, Liverpool, Everton, West Ham United, Tottenham Hotspurs, Fulham, Manchester City, Marseille, Lille, Lyon, Monaco, Feyenoord, Stuttgart
I love this story that really is dedication! It is actually pretty amazing! :APPLAUD:

PS Did you even leave the house to get a pint of milk or anything? :LOL:

I love this story that really is dedication! It is actually pretty amazing! :APPLAUD:

PS Did you even leave the house to get a pint of milk or anything? :LOL:
Just don't delete your saves and you can do it too :SNACK:

My brother probably played around 80 seasons with Real Madrid and West Ham United, but he had bad luck that his saves would always get corrupted (game simply won't go past some week in season). I even discovered that 12th position in save folder was responsible for this in a way. If you would delete this file, game would normally continue, but not in his case unfortunately. Even with backups when he would repeat a season or two, game would eventually freeze.
I saved a lot of replays and never avoided this spot in folder and then deleted/cuted this 12th save (or all of them) when game would get stuck.
This lazyness to skip this spot or save to another folder resulted in hundreds of folders with dozen replays in each on my hdd :LOL:

Just don't delete your saves and you can do it too :SNACK:

My brother probably played around 80 seasons with Real Madrid and West Ham United, but he had bad luck that his saves would always get corrupted (game simply won't go past some week in season). I even discovered that 12th position in save folder was responsible for this in a way. If you would delete this file, game would normally continue, but not in his case unfortunately. Even with backups when he would repeat a season or two, game would eventually freeze.
I saved a lot of replays and never avoided this spot in folder and then deleted/cuted this 12th save (or all of them) when game would get stuck.
This lazyness to skip this spot or save to another folder resulted in hundreds of folders with dozen replays in each on my hdd :LOL:

Gotta say that this was my biggest question of all how did you manage to get 255 seasons without getting your save corrupted, makes sense the number, really cool story, love pes5 favourite game forever

That’s the one I’m currently working on.

I have translated most of the game now because unfortunately the patch above is an older version of Fernandos translation. I think the final one for J.League Winning Eleven 2008 Club Championship was v3.5 and the one linked is 1.5 so I’m trying to fill in the gaps as I can’t find a working link anymore for v3.5.

I have also managed to import all the club emblems and competition logos as well as new referee kits, goalkeeper gloves and some hackjob version of adidas boots too! Working on the option file as well to fix the unlicensed Premier League and La Liga kits.
As well as some other little fixes here and there 😉

Like @Lucian0 and @vialli82 have been saying J.League 2008 is one of the best PES releases ever. It’s similar to PES 2008 but unbelievably with even better AI and newer rosters. I wish I had listened to them before and spent more time playing it earlier as I wouldn’t have wasted my time with J.League 2007 which is much closer to PES 6 instead.
I told you it was another level (JL2007 is PES 6 corrected, but still very fun and balanced, but less variety in everything)

After my PES 5 1st patch, i would like to work on it... But i prefers to do it on WE 2008 : in fact gameplay is almost the same, 6 stars difficulty and i want both Bundes and NT.
I found a way to import players from a version to another with PES FABIO EDITOR but unfortunately he didn't created the 2008 : There's a option called "import export .plrv"

There was that option on WEDB Workshop, and i could've exports players. Not that option on 4 database editor i tried who open every version like Nomad or EPB Biazotto, and 2 others database editor specific to one game i don't remember the name.
Pretty annoying that exporting .plrv, which is a very great option (and tons of PES 5 remade faces i did, just hair to change > for WE 2008 or JL2008 for example) it's only available for WE10 and WE10JL, and a PES 2013 modded version.

There was so much to do with PES 6, 2008,2009 etc.), and it's pretty good for hidden player, Libertadores, unplayable nations etc.

With that, i could've import, just to test as i opened WE10, all the China NT : i needed the players to check some stuffs on them. Was a test.
And it didn't worked on PES 2014 version with WE10, but it worked on PES 6 version. And worked on 2014 version with the 2013 plrv exported...

On PES 2014 vs WE10 I got freaks players with 249cm and 75kg or something like that with a weird face, the game freezed 😂

I told you it was another level (JL2007 is PES 6 corrected, but still very fun and balanced, but less variety in everything)

After my PES 5 1st patch, i would like to work on it... But i prefers to do it on WE 2008 : in fact gameplay is almost the same, 6 stars difficulty and i want both Bundes and NT.
I found a way to import players from a version to another with PES FABIO EDITOR but unfortunately he didn't created the 2008 : There's a option called "import export .plrv"

There was that option on WEDB Workshop, and i could've exports players. Not that option on 4 database editor i tried who open every version like Nomad or EPB Biazotto, and 2 others database editor specific to one game i don't remember the name.
Pretty annoying that exporting .plrv, which is a very great option (and tons of PES 5 remade faces i did, just hair to change > for WE 2008 or JL2008 for example) it's only available for WE10 and WE10JL, and a PES 2013 modded version.

There was so much to do with PES 6, 2008,2009 etc.), and it's pretty good for hidden player, Libertadores, unplayable nations etc.

With that, i could've import, just to test as i opened WE10, all the China NT : i needed the players to check some stuffs on them. Was a test.
And it didn't worked on PES 2014 version with WE10, but it worked on PES 6 version. And worked on 2014 version with the 2013 plrv exported...

On PES 2014 vs WE10 I got freaks players with 249cm and 75kg or something like that with a weird face, the game freezed 😂

Yes, that plvr its the binary data of the player, usually the binary data of player is like 4 different ranges

Pes 4
Pes5
Pes6 to pes10
Pes11 to pes14

So binary data of players between those games works outside those games it won't

Yes, that plvr its the binary data of the player, usually the binary data of player is like 4 different ranges

Pes 4
Pes5
Pes6 to pes10
Pes11 to pes14

So binary data of players between those games works outside those games it won't
Lol, litterally like the PS3 version.
I don't see that much differences between PES 2009-2010 graphically and PES 2011 to 2014.
BUT for player, they got extra skins colors (brown color with asian design or i don't know for color 5 etc.)

Lol, litterally like the PS3 version.
I don't see that much differences between PES 2009-2010 graphically and PES 2011 to 2014.
BUT for player, they got extra skins colors (brown color with asian design or i don't know for color 5 etc.)

Yeah, my idea was working on a csv exporter / importer for db files, this will allow import/export from different game versions and avoid using the plvr which I didn't like it if im honest, but I've gotta say its useful

Yeah, my idea was working on a csv exporter / importer for db files, this will allow import/export from different game versions and avoid using the plvr which I didn't like it if im honest, but I've gotta say its useful

Well for Konami's made player, it doesn't really interest me about facial parameters. But for accessories, stats, growth type yes : i used it for China (Hidden in WE10) and i found some Free kick type and few different Growth type.
EDIT/ But its more for players appearances corrected : retyping the player, changing hair... Takes a LOT of time.

Also, with .csv instead of .plvr, i suppose you won't have that issue regarding the changes of faces colors added from a version to another ;)

Hidden teams are made the same way as basic teams, or should i said basic "fakes" teams with faces a bit less ressembling with an exception : if the player was already in the game previously : his "konami real ig editor" face won't change to look more fake.

That was the case for many players from China in JLWE9 an JLWE8. But if you check fro example comparison between PES 5 fakes teams and PES 6 fakes teams faces, they're all remade with the IG editor as they're licenced.

Last edited:
I'm looking for a new computer to play pes 6, pes201 and pes 2021 smoke edition 2023.

I'm not sure what graphics cards I should get to play Pes 6 and Pes 17, but I'm not sure what graphics cards I should get to play Pes 2021 without going over 100 Euros for a used one.

Merci !

Gotta say that this was my biggest question of all how did you manage to get 255 seasons without getting your save corrupted, makes sense the number, really cool story, love pes5 favourite game forever
I guess I was lucky. I will probably continue master league next year and upload games to yt channel, so I will record this moment and make a video about it :D

Truly lives up your username, i mean literally.
You are right, but name came afterwards, I never had some big plan to play this game for so many years.
Of course that after number of seasons I said that I will continue the ML, just for the curiosity, but that was not the problem, I like AC Milan jersey and players and game always suprises you.
I just like the game for what it is and when I was younger played it alongside other games like RPGs. For a long while I have less free time available so I play mostly PES 5. Now I play exhibition games, but as I have said, I could have easily completed dozen more ML seasons if I did not play exhibition.
I don't like newer games (PES 6 impressed me at first). I tried PES 2010 and 2016, but they are too slow and I am not talking about gameplay exclusively but menus, replays etc. For instance, in PES 2016 when ball goes to out you have to wait for the silly animation which kills the mood and the gameplay.

I'm looking for a new computer to play pes 6, pes201 and pes 2021 smoke edition 2023.

I'm not sure what graphics cards I should get to play Pes 6 and Pes 17, but I'm not sure what graphics cards I should get to play Pes 2021 without going over 100 Euros for a used one.

Merci !
I was running my old system using a 1050ti and getting 4k 60fps on pes6 and 1440p 30fps on pes 21, I'd look for something cheap above the 1050ti for maximum resolution and framerate

yes and also the face/hair id if the player has a licensed face/hair, celebration, motion styles, etc, but that's a problem that editors should fix themselves hahaha some pes have more than others
And also the "special hairstyle 2" stuff (or just special hairstyle but for specific players) to convert for example from PES 2013 to PES 5.
I don't know if there's a way with the .csv or plrv. What's the result, i didn't checked.
Doing a full table is a bit long, there's issues with new preset etc. i don't know if that's possible to convert without issue. Just put a simple word about "hairstyle / if not compatible with the player will be shaved. Only hair color will be converted".

You can't do everything : that's editing, it's not like you convert > done instantly. Up to us to check the hairstyle or better, create an almost similar hairstyle for the player but the basic ones and the preset 1 on players you need from the option file you want to convert BEFORE the conversion i believe.
That's what i would do.

There's a list for all preset > so with special hairstyle / i found for PES 5 to 2008, and one for PES 13 and 14.
Also, there's almost 1000 special hairstyle 2 on PES 2014 lol, some from the previous versions they didn't erased.

Back
Top Bottom