The Retro-PES Corner

Same as this button:
View attachment 189685
But works into editor.
If you copy Messi stats (with that copy stats button), and go to De Bruyne , with 'Paste PSD Stats' you can import Messi stats on De Bruyne.

I hope you understand me :D

I think so, i normally use that button on PSD and then press copy psd stats and paste the stats in the box. That works for me but if that copy function makes it easier then i am all for it :D

Thanks again @adams06 , can I ask what was actually not working with the Copy Stats function in v2?

I opened up both v2 and v3 and copied Ben White from v2 to v3 using the function on v2 and it worked. :THINK:

Also, just another thing that I noticed. When I loaded my Option File for the first time in each version, any player with 'No Nationality' was changed to 'Albanian' I have changed then all back manually to 'No Nationality' but I am a bit worried it will do the same thing again if I edit the Option File in the game itself and then load it back into the editor.

Thanks again @adams06 , can I ask what was actually not working with the Copy Stats function in v2?

I opened up both v2 and v3 and copied Ben White from v2 to v3 using the function on v2 and it worked. :THINK:

Also, just another thing that I noticed. When I loaded my Option File for the first time in each version, any player with 'No Nationality' was changed to 'Albanian' I have changed then all back manually to 'No Nationality' but I am a bit worried it will do the same thing again if I edit the Option File in the game itself and then load it back into the editor.

probably you should leave it like it was, there's an error on the nation array @adams06 you can copy the one from the original editor

Well, in v2 I not import all nationalities.
I will check that No Nationality problem.

probably you should leave it like it was, there's an error on the nation array @adams06 you can copy the one from the original editor
Yes. Maybe is that a problem.

Well, in v2 I not import all nationalities.
I will check that No Nationality problem.

Yes. Maybe is that a problem.

Mind if ask something else? Pes editor 6 from peterc10 has the option to load a custom nationality list from a txt file, in case we change the nationality names in the game, in fact i made a tool to do such thing, here's the code to do such thing, if you can add it will be really useful
https://github.com/PeterC10/PESEdit...b5fd62dff72d7a761b/src/editor/Stats.java#L293

Thanks again @adams06 I am guessing that you have taken 'No Nationality' out of the editor now. I will probably go back to the original one because I use 'No Nationality' for Japanese and South Korean players because it is a way to avoid the 250 value in ML.

Now in v4 all those 'No Nationality' players have 'Vietnam' as their nationality.

I set up The Netherlands v USA as a CPU v CPU match and it was a good game. I just recorded the highlights after the match. It is on an emulator so it may be a bit jerky.

I love Weah’s set up for Pulisic, Yedlin was brought on by the CPU and set up 2 goals, and Berghuis 2 goals are fantastic! :)

I just wish i had set it up for extra time and pens.

About nationality even if you settle players to "no nationality", they will have a different value than they should be (still pretty low in comparison). Like 625 or 650 on PES 5 for Nakata while he's 1106 when you create it.

I got some solutions about it.

-You use IG players you removed and replace them you may use "created" players instead.

Note: i checked every type of player, i need to check if it works for PES-Shop players. Don't worry they won't cost 5000 if you settle to "no" or "yes" (don't remember but i made a test) the option "Classic players Yes/No". (i believe it's "no")
The only one to avoid are removed players from NT (back to 350 points). I tried to eliminate some of them by registering as i updated NT and some players got very low stats.

-I've heard somewhere that created players may cause some issues like no one can sign them except yourself.
BUT it's different when they're registered in a team : once removed they goes to free agent and basta ;) .

Now for the Nakamura, etc. cases who got duplicates + 350 points on their club, i found two solution depending the version.

It's long to explain, not difficult to do.
You must let's say "annihilate" the 350 points player and replace them with another existing/created players.
Will try to be brief:
> Replaced Japan NT won't appears in ML. I believe it's not the same for South Korean.
> Try to "annihilate" the removed players, like putting 1 on every stats for Free fakes agents or Duplicates like Nakamura.
> And then simple, just restore the players using Created or IG removed players and restore them, putting them on their NT or Club.

I checked, simulated and it's working. Don't fear using Created players for those ones.
Normally even if you use "created" players, as long as they're registered in a team > there won't be any problem for others team to transfers them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On my side : i'm finishing my V1 PES 5 OF.
5 teams remaining and the trick to do for Jap/Korean before i release it. V2 will be more focused on errors and faces. V1 > ML "errors" removed and every single players stats took from WE10 and PES 6 aswell as from PES 5... Growth type are randomly given, but not on WE10 / PES 6.

It will be for PC modder like @Fabri55 to got a good basis instead of their old O.F. so they can already work or restore everything regarding graphisms and faces etc. ;)
The description will be big, so i won't add it in detail here (WE10/PES 6 for every single players, lots of faces redone but not enough : will be for a next version, every growth type modded, ML issues corrected etc. etc.)

His OF from Milanista isn't really "original season" as it's from Winter transfers, and it's BY FAR easier to do it now than summers transfers : take WE10 and recopy. I promise you that the dabatase is by far much more worked and balanced than the old OF from 2006 : remember we're in the future regarding that game 😁 / Not his fault, as his principal focus and speciality is more visual, relinking faces, shirts, and atmosphere stuffs like banners etc. etc.
It sounds weird, but doing summers transfers is by far harder than Winter transfers, but more accurate. Also there's several back to loan on Winter so no need to re-create those players.

Mine V1 will be a very simple patch for PS2 only, but the O.F. is totally playable on PC so don't worry.
I try to keep PES 5 the most original it was so you will still got the PES 5 feel for PS2 version but licenced (real logos for Leagues, callnames, etc.).

About V2 now :
I'm hesitating to put Togo/Trinidad/Ghana and 4 more hidden teams from WE10/PES6 like Bosnia etc. instead of Classics. Because to be honest, the teams replaced (Morocco, Venezuela etc.) got more impact, except Ghana but you may found their best players all around the database. I'll see if it's not too difficult. My biggest issue is callnames lol. PES 6 don't told club callnames as it's better to keep their mouths shut than saying "West London White" 😅
You may cut commentary as last solution (that's what i do : they annoy me on the long term)

Perhaps got a solution but i don't know if the converter from PES 6 i found works for English and others commentaries. Just that for example, i saw in PES 5 Original patch that Nigeria is mentionned instead of Ghana... I don't want. Will try some idea if it doesn't work, with DKZ.
And i also want to work on PES 2008/WE 2008 summer transfers edition 07-08 and finish it, as it's my favourite version to be honest, much more unpredictable than PES 5 for ball physics / Didn't checked WE9LE through. There will be an OF converted for that version/

Last edited:
5 teams remaining and the trick to do for Jap/Korean before i release it. V2 will be more focused on errors and faces. V1 > ML "errors" removed and every single players stats took from WE10 and PES 6 aswell as from PES 5... Growth type are randomly given, but not on WE10 / PES 6.
These are great news my friend!! Great job on this and can't wait to try it!! :TU:

These are great news my friend!! Great job on this and can't wait to try it!! :TU:

Yes, i try to make it ML ready then i release it, others things could wait a bit. There will be a 1.5 with all faces (yes, all) retouched or a bit or very precise, but lookalike it's sure.
Some are too much off. Ah yes, also boots with limitations will fits with the wearing boots they owned on 2005/06 seasons on 1.5 (or perhaps "2.0 Final" if i don't do the 2006 WC teams and keep teams classics :) )

Shoud be out in 10-15 days as i got a lot to do instead of editing again (formations/tactics for many club and every faces for Boca Jrs), but when i'm at home i'm only editing. Too cold outside, nothing else to do.

It's a 5 monthS work when i make the count, i worked on it like a real time job so you shouldn't be disappointed i hope.

Many years of playing PES, recently discovered that shielding the ball was automatic in PES, even if you don't use the R1.
Actually even in PES 6 guide isn't well explained, in what's called " simple dribble ".
you have to use the left stick/d-pad to perform it.

Player's animation change when he have the opponent in his back trying push him. Automatically he will -slightly- change his pace with the ball close to his feet and his hand behind him. The process depends on Balance, Dribble Accuracy and Dribble Speed (and maybe Attack and Agility).

Normal player's dribble with LS/D-Pad

1670106952039.png

1670137742493.png

When the opposition try to push him, player's animation change automatically, he changes his pace (without the need of using R1) and use his hands.

1670106728781.png

1670137765189.png

You can see that the animation is similar to the one on eFootball

About nationality even if you settle players to "no nationality", they will have a different value than they should be (still pretty low in comparison). Like 625 or 650 on PES 5 for Nakata while he's 1106 when you create it.

I got some solutions about it.

-You use IG players you removed and replace them you may use "created" players instead.

Note: i checked every type of player, i need to check if it works for PES-Shop players. Don't worry they won't cost 5000 if you settle to "no" or "yes" (don't remember but i made a test) the option "Classic players Yes/No". (i believe it's "no")
The only one to avoid are removed players from NT (back to 350 points). I tried to eliminate some of them by registering as i updated NT and some players got very low stats.

-I've heard somewhere that created players may cause some issues like no one can sign them except yourself.
BUT it's different when they're registered in a team : once removed they goes to free agent and basta ;) .

Now for the Nakamura, etc. cases who got duplicates + 350 points on their club, i found two solution depending the version.

It's long to explain, not difficult to do.
You must let's say "annihilate" the 350 points player and replace them with another existing/created players.
Will try to be brief:
> Replaced Japan NT won't appears in ML. I believe it's not the same for South Korean.
> Try to "annihilate" the removed players, like putting 1 on every stats for Free fakes agents or Duplicates like Nakamura.
> And then simple, just restore the players using Created or IG removed players and restore them, putting them on their NT or Club.

I checked, simulated and it's working. Don't fear using Created players for those ones.
Normally even if you use "created" players, as long as they're registered in a team > there won't be any problem for others team to transfers them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It will be for PC modder like @Fabri55 to got a good basis instead of their old O.F. so they can already work or restore everything regarding graphisms and faces etc. ;)
The description will be big, so i won't add it in detail here (WE10/PES 6 for every single players, lots of faces redone but not enough : will be for a next version, every growth type modded, ML issues corrected etc. etc.)

His OF from Milanista isn't really "original season" as it's from Winter transfers, and it's BY FAR easier to do it now than summers transfers : take WE10 and recopy. I promise you that the dabatase is by far much more worked and balanced than the old OF from 2006 : remember we're in the future regarding that game 😁 / Not his fault, as his principal focus and speciality is more visual, relinking faces, shirts, and atmosphere stuffs like banners etc. etc.
It sounds weird, but doing summers transfers is by far harder than Winter transfers, but more accurate. Also there's several back to loan on Winter so no need to re-create those players.

Mine V1 will be a very simple patch for PS2 only, but the O.F. is totally playable on PC so don't worry.
I try to keep PES 5 the most original it was so you will still got the PES 5 feel for PS2 version but licenced (real logos for Leagues, callnames, etc.).

About V2 now :
I'm hesitating to put Togo/Trinidad/Ghana and 4 more hidden teams from WE10/PES6 like Bosnia etc. instead of Classics. Because to be honest, the teams replaced (Morocco, Venezuela etc.) got more impact, except Ghana but you may found their best players all around the database. I'll see if it's not too difficult. My biggest issue is callnames lol. PES 6 don't told club callnames as it's better to keep their mouths shut than saying "West London White" 😅
You may cut commentary as last solution (that's what i do : they annoy me on the long term)

Perhaps got a solution but i don't know if the converter from PES 6 i found works for English and others commentaries. Just that for example, i saw in PES 5 Original patch that Nigeria is mentionned instead of Ghana... I don't want. Will try some idea if it doesn't work, with DKZ.
And i also want to work on PES 2008/WE 2008 summer transfers edition 07-08 and finish it, as it's my favourite version to be honest, much more unpredictable than PES 5 for ball physics / Didn't checked WE9LE through. There will be an OF converted for that version/
Hello!
Thank you for sharing this information, I will definitely use it.
Then, I won't hesitate to ask you about the pes 5 growth type, something I plan to tweak to improve the ML experience.

Wish you good luck with your OFs.
It's nice that everyone can have variety of choice.
As you said, my patches are oriented towards spring, and in the case of pes 5 it was a choice dictated by the desire to be able to play the fifa world cup with my favourite videogame.
As an Italian, it was impossible not to have this temptation!
Having the 32 UCL participants or even a few second division teams was another choice dictated by personal taste.
And even in this period I'm grappling with a big tactical study that is leading me to make drastic choices. I don't change the overalls, but the playable roles of different players do, and even that is not guaranteed to please everyone.

So I understand the desire to play versions closer to the official ones, with the necessary corrections.

I certainly agree in saying that is easier to find information from winter transfers onwards. It seems paradoxical but it was less difficult.

Well, I will gladly try the fruit of your work, long live pes :BEER:

Don't worry @Fabri55 , it's just the V1 for ML, i will work on WC later. But need a break after. It's a 25 years old game, it's not 10 days that will mess up everything ;)

I will and would create teams from 2006 WC as i'm italian too and it's big big memories (i cried that day with some friend, all those years with or Moreno, Penalties again and again, big injury like Vieri at his peak etc.)

But the best idea for me is to replace Classics by 7 others teams (+ Bosnia and for the rest i'll see, there's a lot of hidden teams. I will check the 3 best NT remaining not in game) All i need is or removing callnames from the whole game like PES 6, i found an option for it, on the V2.

For example on your patch, they said "Nigeria" instead of "Ghana".
I want to resolve that issues, there's way but later as i'm busy with the database.
> PES 6 and 2008 commentary don't mention teams names, i found some kind of converter. I think it may work with every language, but it's a spanish one, so i need to check if it's not only for Spanish commentaries.

I Don't want to loose IG club like Morocco or even South Africa. That's the original PES 5... Neither want to heard "Classic Italy versus... Classic England" when you select Ghana vs Trinidad ;).
That's in fact my biggest issue to resolve on PES 5. I will cut the patch in two, as i got a file with every real callnames translated (Fulham and not West London White etc.)

Remember : you can choose them in World cup (International cup) mode.
And also that it's the V1, for "ML ready".

All NT teams are complete until the 31/12 with most used for NT which aren't on Word Cup, and talking about World Cup all teams are already updated for 2006 competion : not a problem as every player played on 2005... So it follow my rules.
There's one exception, Modric, i think one Friendly match and playing with U21 but we don't care, i will assign him. I saw some U21 assigned on other NT so... No problem.

Nations are a bit separated from the rest so wathever the player will be, it's not a super bad deal :)

-Now about second division, the game was settle to for a mix of teams. Not for second divisions, so i won't add it. You can later if you want but i won't on my patch.

That's not how the "original" PES is conceived for ML, and it's already been like that. I want to conserve the real PES 5 to the maximum / so my idea was to "divide" the patch in two option. Or classic PES 5 restoration, or PES 5 restoration + WC teams. BUT if ever you need some help for stats and info regarding D2 : i could help you without problem. But not from scratch.

I'm really too much on details to create 2nd divisions clubs, It will took me 2-3 months and i try to finish ASAP as PES 5 isn't even my favourite PS2 😅 Let's be honest, it's PES/WE 2008 PS2 which got by far more variety and the ball physics is awesome, everything is balanced and by far less rigid.

Last edited:
Don't worry @Fabri55 , it's just the V1 for ML, i will work on WC later. But need a break after. It's a 25 years old game, it's not 10 days that will mess up everything ;)

I will and would create teams from 2006 WC as i'm italian too and it's big big memories (i cried that day with some friend, all those years with or Moreno, Penalties again and again, big injury like Vieri at his peak etc.)

But the best idea for me is to replace Classics by 7 others teams (+ Bosnia and for the rest i'll see, there's a lot of hidden teams. I will check the 3 best NT remaining not in game) All i need is or removing callnames from the whole game like PES 6, i found an option for it, on the V2.

For example on your patch, they said "Nigeria" instead of "Ghana".
I want to resolve that issues, there's way but later as i'm busy with the database.
> PES 6 and 2008 commentary don't mention teams names, i found some kind of converter. I think it may work with every language, but it's a spanish one, so i need to check if it's not only for Spanish commentaries.

I Don't want to loose IG club like Morocco or even South Africa. That's the original PES 5... Neither want to heard "Classic Italy versus... Classic England" when you select Ghana vs Trinidad ;).
That's in fact my biggest issue to resolve on PES 5. I will cut the patch in two, as i got a file with every real callnames translated (Fulham and not West London White etc.)

Remember : you can choose them in World cup (International cup) mode.
And also that it's the V1, for "ML ready".

All NT teams are complete until the 31/12 with most used for NT which aren't on Word Cup, and talking about World Cup all teams are already updated for 2006 competion : not a problem as every player played on 2005... So it follow my rules.
There's one exception, Modric, i think one Friendly match and playing with U21 but we don't care, i will assign him. I saw some U21 assigned on other NT so... No problem.

Nations are a bit separated from the rest so wathever the player will be, it's not a super bad deal :)

-Now about second division, the game was settle to for a mix of teams. Not for second divisions, so i won't add it. You can later if you want but i won't on my patch.

That's not how the "original" PES is conceived for ML, and it's already been like that. I want to conserve the real PES 5 to the maximum / so my idea was to "divide" the patch in two option. Or classic PES 5 restoration, or PES 5 restoration + WC teams. BUT if ever you need some help for stats and info regarding D2 : i could help you without problem. But not from scratch.

I'm really too much on details to create 2nd divisions clubs, It will took me 2-3 months and i try to finish ASAP as PES 5 isn't even my favourite PS2 😅 Let's be honest, it's PES/WE 2008 PS2 which got by far more variety and the ball physics is awesome, everything is balanced and by far less rigid.
Thanks for your time.
Should I need any help or information, I will certainly write to you.
And of course whatever files of mine you need, feel free to use them :))

1670177897051.png1670177978894.png

@H_G I finally started reading the PES 2009 guide that you sent me a few weeks back bro! There's so much information in there, it's amazing how deep they go in explaining everything. I am particularly enjoying the incredibly detailed explanation of the players' attributes and positions, as well as all the info about Master League and formations. Thanks a lot! :)

Last edited:
@Fabri55
For D2 team, if you want an idea (if you're interested later) to switch 3-5 teams from Eredivisie to other euro as nobody (never heard someone doing it) are starting an ML on Eredivisie, but we need to keep at least the top 3.
ML Leagues is made from 14 teams.
To create : 4 for Serie A + 4 PL + 6 Bundes + 4 France. Total 18 so 2 to create. But restoring AJAX/PSV/Feyernood is an obligation to me (heresy to remove them lol))

-My suggestion as i already do the maths and checked before : Djurgardens and Copenhagen can be replaced (plus, they both started to make bad season after 2006, or it's 2008... Whatever) or it's not necessary and we can do Iberic league with Portugal/Spain. Spain is often rarely used on ML.
All the good player are on NT and you may copy one or two if you want.

>If not (to me it's not that necesseray) for French league or even Germany, better to take lower/average teams like Anderlecht/Brugge even if it's the Belgium Netherland side we don't care. As Germanic or Belgo-French league.

NOW if you wants all D2 complete : i suggest Djurgardens and Rosenborg : both did a bad season, not in UCL but just about to qualify, and the best player could be base copied over weak ones. Djurgardens i don't even know why there's here, instead of AIK etc.

With the 16 teams from Eredivisie you can get a lot of D2, enough for a very good ML for people who wants "real D2" and even better if you add 2 teams to complete. But i don't think it's necessary, we can deal with 2 not exact teams ;). Do as you want. I'm suppose you'll prefers to get all D2 hahahah but well :D .

Shakthar is composed to too strong players, Copenhagen finished very low on their league that year, players are weak etc. etc. even if it's a relatively big name.

Back
Top Bottom