The Retro-PES Corner

As i've messed a lot with cameras in the past. The new stadium camera, the default and heavy promoted one, in modern 2020 & 2021 and all the look-alike cameras with angles, are very beautifull to watch videos of the matches on Youtube or wherever, but it is almost unplayble for me, especially when you have to make a sharp direction change , the same time the camera AI decides to change angle , or zoom focus level.

It was the reason i abondoned "Broadcast" camera in PES 2011, after 10 years of playing with the same camera, cause it had added angle, and in that version it was very strange angle and changing angle, when you were near the goal lines and corners, not so wierd in the far side, but in the narrow side/touchline, it's like the camera itself gets dizzy.

But i admire those who can play with angles and changes.
I discovered. In 2020. That you can change fu**ing angles in PES PS2 since PES 1.... Not sure about ISS Pro Evo.
But you check the cam, and with L1/R1 you can settle an angle.

I was WHAT I MISSED ALL THOSE YEARS FFS when i discovered that... Now i settle all my old games with +1 or +2 angle.

Well also like @Madmac79 , it was good for PES 1 BUT since FIFA and PES with 1.5 engine 2011-13 i preferred higher cameras. But not too high : i need to see at least the players feet for dribbling lol. It's psychological : that's because in PES 1, one single step could make you loose the ball, no way to recuperate.
So i watch a lot feet movements and try to dribble/accelerate at the very last moment, the closer i can get to the def.
But it's doable since with HD, current/even PS3 graphics etc.

One thing is sure, i always found in every game (especially Fifa) the basic camera unplayable. PES 20 and 21 i dealed with it without too much pain, but switched after for more visual comfort.

@Madmac79 if you liked 2011, then try the default camera, in 2020 & 2021, i think its named "stadium camera", it adjusts a lot to your liking i think. It's very TV-like.

You know the whole promotion of "new-feature" hype was built around this "new" camera, back then at 2020 pre-release period.

I discovered. In 2020. That you can change fu**ing angles in PES PS2 since PES 1.... Not sure about ISS Pro Evo.
But you check the cam, and with L1/R1 you can settle an angle.

I was WHAT I MISSED ALL THOSE YEARS FFS when i discovered that... Now i settle all my old games with +1 or +2 angle.

Well also like @Madmac79 , it was good for PES 1 BUT since FIFA and PES with 1.5 engine 2011-13 i preferred higher cameras. But not too high : i need to see at least the players feet for dribbling lol. It's psychological : that's because in PES 1, one single step could make you loose the ball, no way to recuperate.
So i watch a lot feet movements and try to dribble/accelerate at the very last moment, the closer i can get to the def.
But it's doable since with HD, current/even PS3 graphics etc.

One thing is sure, i always found in every game (especially Fifa) the basic camera unplayable. PES 20 and 21 i dealed with it without too much pain, but switched after for more visual comfort.
hahahha... i discovered it by accident, back then. The cameras that you can edit the angle, have a "radar" style graphic animation below. :D

From the strange facts i recall, you couldn't edit the angle to Broadcast 1, but you could in Broadcast 2 , etc, which is strange, cause they are supposed to be in the same family of cameras..

About Language, my favourite are Japanese commentary, i understand some words and it's very dumb lol, but they're motivated.
That's why i always try to get the US version, as they've got Jap commentary on it.

Also i checked Arabic language on the Asian version i love it they're probably the most enjoyed about nothing from every commentary haha, Rojadirecta remember, so i like them. But with moderation.
There's also Korean on Asia version but i don't like it at all, just feels off football and suffer from the read a book style too. I want (like everyone i think) motivated not like "Oh yes. He scored a goal. That's great. It was sympathetic."

Yes i feel the same about italian i never put them, even if i understand both and both said dumb stuffs : the only one i can tolerate is English, i just don't try to ear what they say, even if all said basic dumb thing with a bad voice acting.
I think like some like you said are restricted on their commentaries, as Italian at least when there's an action are sometimes get their voices higher/almost scream... In game it feels forced.

In French : i know the commentator and the main one is dumb as a coconut. And he says very dumb stuffs too in game... But he shows motivation, but it feels forced too and even more fake. I hate them, and i kinda liked it when it was on PES 1 lol, even if they said the always the same stuffs.

Portuguese or Brasilan Portuguese, i don't like those languages at all so i avoid. Spanish not that much except when it's singed, that's totally different, well i still put them when i'm doing something in South America. Some i don't try as i don't know at all the language. But it's 1st Japanese, 2nd English, or i cut litterally all commentary. It's not bad either you know.

Last edited:
hahahha... i discovered it by accident, back then. The cameras that you can edit the angle, have a "radar" style graphic animation below. :D

From the strange facts i recall, you couldn't edit the angle to Broadcast 1, but you could in Broadcast 2 , etc, which is strange, cause they are supposed to be in the same family of cameras..
Yes, perhaps it cause an isssue as Broadcast 2 did some zoom while you're playing. I don't know but i think that could be the issue (like if that angle was settle for every part of the cam including zoom... And zoomed + angle should be unplayable lol)

In Pes 3/We7 (and perhaps even before, never checked) there was a little "trick" at least for broadcast one.. while you couldn't edit it directly, as the option was greyed out, if you edited the angle for other cams, it also translated to that one. Unsurprisingly broadcast one with the 2-3 angle (iirc) was another cam I completely loved for those games, best realism/functionality compromise to me.

Then they must have realized, cause by Pes 4 onwards that "trick" doesn't work anymore, leaving you with angleless (is this even a word? Sorry lol, as you already know I'm in the same no native english category as you guys, I'll take a poetic licence) broadcast one. Never understood why with the years they kept removing customization (angle choice completely disappeared with the gen after Ps2).. but whatever. At least from fox engine onwards they gradually introduced some very good options in this sense.

On Winning Eleven 7 there's more handball fouls.

Unfortunately, it wasn't the case since WE 8
hello,
I still enjoy playing pes 2003 ( ps2 ) .
I play handball relatively often there.
it cannot be seen, only gives a free kick.
sometimes surprised, the reporter clarifies......
can't see a repeat because it's so sudden.
no repetition possible after the whistle.
greeting

Reactions: H_G
hello,
I still enjoy playing pes 2003 ( ps2 ) .
I play handball relatively often there.
it cannot be seen, only gives a free kick.
sometimes surprised, the reporter clarifies......
can't see a repeat because it's so sudden.
no repetition possible after the whistle.
greeting
Yes that's true there's no replay. But there's more fouls for handballs on WE7 than the rest of editions.

IMO they should have worked on handballs fouls in the game and make them relative to players stats like Technique, Mentality, Balance and Reaction

Bros, great news! Remember I was having trouble with PESEdit and Smoke patches for PES 2010? Well finaly I was able to download a great patch that works for me. TPS patch 2009/10 season, available here!

Flavioggl, the builder of the patch;
ninuzzu, zioborgo, Giorgio335, fabev, juce, W!Ld@, goldorakiller, WECN, Stelios, Patros46, Ariel, 222, Grand Bleu, MxSonic, FrenkieSP, Andry1980, michelot94, maze32, MODY99, draco79, hicksville, gigimarulla, skurt, dartaxan, Tottimas, gkan, PES next-gen Editing Blog, Pes-Patch, pesfaces, ModdingWay and GamingAccess for the great quantity of material.

1665791281034.png

No issues with kits or stadiums so far, it's completely licensed, and has Serie B, Championship, and Bundesliga 2, along with a nice selection of other European teams. Will be playing this one from now on, now I will have to decide what European campaign to run! :BSCARF:

Really happy I was finally able to find a patch which I can play smoothly!

Last edited:
Thanks mate, needs to check stats (like always, that's the part that 90% of patches mess up) but it looks promising.

Needs to retry that game but no more on Exhibition matches as the CPU plays... Like an Friendly/Exhibition match but hard.
It's the same in every PES from PES1 to 2021, but the difference seems bigger on PS2 games.
Competitions are hard, and it's not pressure or psychological stuff : the CPU is more agressive for sure, something i remember since 15-20 years so...

You probably got a "redux" iso with English only, normally it's on the multi 5 package, i got it in VirtuaRed aswell as the 6 others ones.
I uploaded only the two files (dezipped) in the "img" from your PES 2008 folder.
Will upload language + commentary.

Normally it should work, without problem, they didn't changed the official language on VirtuaRed patch or put others words etc.

Leave the time to upload, i will edit that post ;)

EDIT/ Uploaded. Just do what i said
There's "Kitserver" and "img" in P2008 folder normally BUT sometimes on some patch the "img" is on the kitserver : no importance put both files unzipped on "img" and Spain commentary/Idioma (lol) should be unlocked mate

https://www.mediafire.com/file/n1o1y6hednoqkjm/Spain+img.rar/file

Last edited:
1665916398086.png

Thanks bro @vialli82! :TU: Actually I was asking about the Spanish text/commentary because of this "scoreboard" problem I'm having with VirtuaRed patch. I've seen that in other PES editions, addiing the "correct text" would get rid of those white boxes (this happened in PES 2009 as well), but in this case, I applied your files but nothing happened. Do you know of any other solution? Perhaps I might have to find a Spanish version of the game and apply VirtuaRed there.. But I think there should be a simpler solution..

"Fun" fact about Pes 2008 and languages, with italian text the game inexorably crashes in the return game of the the first ML cup you play. Luckily by just changing language to english (or, I suppose, whatever other available, I just have these two in the version I downloaded lol) even just for that session it goes all fine. Maybe some fella that by chance downloads Pes 2008 in italian might read my post and save himself the headache I had to discover this "fix" when I first run into this bug.

Weird because on Virtua Red you need to assign Spanish language to have them.

For scoreboard as i don't really care at, the original PES 2008 is okay to me.
As you need to put on spanish + others files i didn't mentioned, then i replace it with the original files. I ain't spanish so lol.

Don't remember the name scoreboard, but i took from original PES 2008 and problem resolved... Or not at all if i remember well : i just erased litterally VirtuaRed "Marcador". And all was back to normal / Vanilla PES 2008, of course with real emblems.

No way with VirtuaRed to change scoreboard when you change the language.

Last edited:
"Fun" fact about Pes 2008 and languages, with italian text the game inexorably crashes in the return game of the the first ML cup you play. Luckily by just changing language to english (or, I suppose, whatever other available, I just have these two in the version I downloaded lol) even just for that session it goes all fine. Maybe some fella that by chance downloads Pes 2008 in italian might read my post and save himself the headache I had to discover this "fix" when I first run into this bug.
Damn, that's not really fun fact man, lol.

Despite full of bugs i actually like pes 2008 pc

Pulling shirts

Cpu dive (this one is too many, lol)

Ref collision (is a bug but still funny)

Konami must be on crack for that stupid gk penalty camera

AI is good while the game is too fast for my taste.

Damn, that's not really fun fact man, lol.

Despite full of bugs i actually like pes 2008 pc

Pulling shirts

Cpu dive (this one is too many, lol)

Ref collision (is a bug but still funny)

Konami must be on crack for that stupid gk penalty camera

AI is good while the game is too fast for my taste.

Completely agree with you.. 2008 pays a lot the (miserable) state it was presented on pc, and the general lack of jaw dropping new features compared with the past. I've been deep in a ML the past two months and to me, under the right conditions, it's a really, really solid/fun title gameplay wise.

Last edited:
Does anyone have on hand the Fernando V3.5 Translation Patch for J.League Winning Eleven 2008 Club Championship?

I have an earlier version - 1.5 but i'm looking for a more updated translation to work with.

Also i'm currently working on merging a number of different patches and updating/bug fixing what I can for the following PS2 games:

Winning Eleven 8 Liveware Evolution
Winning Eleven 9 (J)
J.League Winning Eleven 2008 Club Championship

If anyone can help answer the following it would be helpful as well:

How can I remove the ball cursor? Does anyone know what texture it is in the AFS files?
@vialli82 - Do you have an option file to work with for JLWE2008CC? And @marqisspes6 would it be possible to convert the Option File me and vialli82 made for JLWE2007CC for JLWE2008CC or at least export the PL kits? That would save a lot of time as we could just then focus on the La Liga kits. Thanks.

Bros, I've pretty much tried all the PES 2016 gameplay mods I could find, and even though a lot of them do a very good job with the rest of the gameplay, I haven't been able to find one that fixes the awful goalkeeping.. In your experience, have any of you been able to find any dt18 or exe that improves goalkeeping to make it more leveled out? The PES 2016 GK's are half asleep!

@Madmac79 @Hayes Installing PES 2008 PC right now! :)
I’d be interest to know if you (or anyone else) has had issues trying to run Pes2008 PC recently.

I had to do a reinstall of Win 10 and I can’t get PES2008 to run with a no-dvd exe. My dvd drive is failing and have managed to run all the other PES games with no-dvd exes but PES2008 is not having it.

I can’t remember the specifics but it crashes due to an unexpected shutdown from runtime c++. Tried a couple of remedies but nothing is working.

Bros, I've pretty much tried all the PES 2016 gameplay mods I could find, and even though a lot of them do a very good job with the rest of the gameplay, I haven't been able to find one that fixes the awful goalkeeping.. In your experience, have any of you been able to find any dt18 or exe that improves goalkeeping to make it more leveled out? The PES 2016 GK's are half asleep!
It cant be fixed no matter how many gameplay mod you try. GK problem is fixed in pes 17.

Last edited:
Does anyone have on hand the Fernando V3.5 Translation Patch for J.League Winning Eleven 2008 Club Championship?

I have an earlier version - 1.5 but i'm looking for a more updated translation to work with.

Also i'm currently working on merging a number of different patches and updating/bug fixing what I can for the following PS2 games:

Winning Eleven 8 Liveware Evolution
Winning Eleven 9 (J)
J.League Winning Eleven 2008 Club Championship

If anyone can help answer the following it would be helpful as well:

How can I remove the ball cursor? Does anyone know what texture it is in the AFS files?
@vialli82 - Do you have an option file to work with for JLWE2008CC? And @marqisspes6 would it be possible to convert the Option File me and vialli82 made for JLWE2007CC for JLWE2008CC or at least export the PL kits? That would save a lot of time as we could just then focus on the La Liga kits. Thanks.
Bro about JL2008 i didn't worked on it unfortunately... But i got a "trick" to import logo/emblems : with WE10 Editor.
In fact, you can't import anything except from WE10 for i don't know reason.

I've made a compilation of some Spain team to "re-do" kits myself based on PES 2008 and GGS/Then replace the fakes from JL2008CC...
Now for creating O.F. and Spanish kits it's another story.
We will see if i can import or found all sponsors, if not whatever : there will be some "sacrifce" as i can't create special sponsors myself. Not my thing at all.

But it's not in my plan right now. I'm about to finish something on PES 5 and i'm full over it so it will be later. You may start if you want, but i got nothing about JL2008CC FTM. If there's something you can do about that game : it's about the PNG which indicates "Exhibition" "Master League" etc. are all in Japanese... That's the most annoying thing in the translation.

Would be fantastic : visually it's not appealing to get first menu in Japanese, even if there's an indications scrolling like in JL2007CC.

And Fernando's don't translate images, just text so... But i think it's complete. I got the English translated version, but i don't know if it's 3.5. I think it was the only one foundable when i searched, but not sure at all.

Bro about JL2008 i didn't worked on it unfortunately... But i got a "trick" to import logo/emblems : with WE10 Editor.
In fact, you can't import anything except from WE10 for i don't know reason.

I've made a compilation of some Spain team to "re-do" kits myself based on PES 2008 and GGS/Then replace the fakes from JL2008CC...
Now for creating O.F. and Spanish kits it's another story.
We will see if i can import or found all sponsors, if not whatever : there will be some "sacrifce" as i can't create special sponsors myself. Not my thing at all.

But it's not in my plan right now. I'm about to finish something on PES 5 and i'm full over it so it will be later. You may start if you want, but i got nothing about JL2008CC FTM. If there's something you can do about that game : it's about the PNG which indicates "Exhibition" "Master League" etc. are all in Japanese... That's the most annoying thing in the translation.

Would be fantastic : visually it's not appealing to get first menu in Japanese, even if there's an indications scrolling like in JL2007CC.

And Fernando's don't translate images, just text so... But i think it's complete. I got the English translated version, but i don't know if it's 3.5. I think it was the only one foundable when i searched, but not sure at all.

Hi vialli.

Yes I noticed the issue with the main menu textures not being translated. That occurs on my version as well. Will look into it.

Hahahaha, welcome mate ..Been there, done that. Any person that tried mods over the years, failed hard with GK. :P

Also, there were posts here in the past, IIRC , @Madmac79 and/or @rockstrongo and/or someone else, tried to edit universally the GK stats to the maximum, and again it had no effect.

And my personal belief is, while i know very little about modding, you can fix minor things , but by the way PES is programmed, i believe it is a complex of things, that are hardcoded and very hard to fix all of them.

I mean , goalkeeping is pretty much a sequence of animations, starting from the shooting, up to the moment the ball goes in for goal. Even with a 100% awareness and reflexes, they will just dive backwards inside the nets and concede.

It fundamentally broken, like trying to stop the water flow of a river with a glass, you will stop the water quantity in ypu glass, but the rest river will go on.... Forget abou dt18s etc... It's just pointless.. 🤠😉🤣

A food for thought i can give about 2016 if some modder does listen here.

The only realistic solution for 2016 , is to be modded as a football spin-off genre, and not football simulation. You just delete the GKs completely from the game, if possible, the matches are now 10vs10, you shrink the Goalposts to be much smaller, even smaller than handball goalposts in size and dimensions, height and width.

And for the role of GK, there will be a rule, same as that we used to have in the playground/schoolyard when we were kids and we did not like to play as GK, the back-o-keeper. (Ok slightly different word in greek).

The back-o-keeper, is a mix of Back and Goalkeeper , was the last defender of the team, that was allowed to stay inside the penalty box area, when defending only, which Penalty box was much smaller, and defend the goalpost as a keeper, but without using hands. Only in PK he could ise hism hands :P . While attacking, he was playing as the rests players in the field.

If you can mod the 2016 like this, ok it won't be the best football sim, but it will be the best SiM of a football spin-off game, that was played innthe playgrounds and schoolyards :D

Back
Top Bottom