The Retro-PES Corner

Next gen ?is this possible? I dont know Spanish, what does the commentator say?

They only words i get ,are 'libre" and "cojones???"... Not sure.. :)

Also why does the animation of players arguing and the referee splitting them play? This is usually been played after a foul .
But the on defender near the penalty box end, is doing the handball request gesture, if am not wrong.
Idk spanish too, lol

I got moment like this in PES 2009 PS2 version too it's rarely happens but the handball gesture animation is there. I think you can also find this animation for split seconds since pes 4. Too bad in ps2 you cant see this animation in replay.

@Madmac79 Haha, yeah! I especially like the Argentinean commentaries, they really get you going!

Funnily enough, Italian is one of my favorite commentaries! I've been really enjoying Fabio Caressa and Luca Marchegiani's commentary in the newer PES! "Benvenuti a tutti" before the matches.. Just sounds so epic. Like welcome to our glorious calcio.. :LOL: Then again Italian is probably my favorite-sounding of the Romance languages (Spanish is cool too, but since it's my language it doesn't sound as epic haha)..

Funny side story: I used to play PES a lot with a Peruvian friend, and I put Jefferson Farfán on a Japanese team. Every time he would shoot the commentator would go "Farufan shuttooo!!!!".. And now whenever we talk about him, we always refer to him as "Farufan shutto", like "hey man, what's going on with Mr. Shutto?" LOL :LMAO:

Fucking dying here. Literally visualizing it as a tv show scene. Comedy gold material :LOL::LMAO:

I remember like almost 25 years ago, one of the first italian Pay Tvs also did La Liga with original commentary. TARJETA AMARILLA and TARJETA ROJA stuck with me and my dad as well indeed.. best way in the world to call cards I guess :P. But I agree generally it's one of the best languages for commentaries.. they usually sound so genuinely passionate. Must start to use it as well in games sometimes.
A friend of mine used to use Italian commentary back at the days, but I personally didn't like it. It wasn't the language fault, it was more the commentator lacking the energy and momentum of Spanish commentary.

He was more like reading an audiobook :)

But maybe not even his fault. Ive seen a lot interviews with the Greek commentator duo, and they have said in many tones, that the localisation of the script, is made by outsiders of football, and strictly based in the English script, with very less freedom, liberty, liberté :P on what they can change or add/remove.

The German commentary also suffers by the audio book decrease.

I believe KONAMi should allow every localisation department, to write their own scripts while watching the game playing.

@slamsoze @Madmac79 Bros one last thing about the commentaries! I've been browsing around for PES 6 Spanish commentaries and I've tried a lot of them.. But my favorite has to be the "Mariano Closs and Fernando Niembro" one, which can be found here!

https://evoweb.uk/threads/all-pes6-commentaries.81803/#post-3492644 (thanks to @etherovamon for posting, credits go to "KAZUHIKO TCM")

I would say these two are the voices of the Libertadores I grew up watching! Check them out as I think the mod has quite high quality! :TU:

Just a quick question..what are yall thoughts on pes 2016..just went back to it and I'm loving the gameplay but the keepers are so damn bad

Just a quick question..what are yall thoughts on pes 2016..just went back to it and I'm loving the gameplay but the keepers are so damn bad
Exactly what you said. Good responsive and user friendly gameplay, very good and balanced AI, even on SUperstar on ML, but...... Bad, bad, bad defending and terrible Goalkeepers.... And terrible is a generous word i can use.

Exactly what you said. Good responsive and user friendly gameplay, very good and balanced AI, even on SUperstar on ML, but...... Bad, bad, bad defending and terrible Goalkeepers.... And terrible is a generous word i can use.
Bro the goal keepers are so bad 😂..but like u said the gameplay is balanced and it has a nice flow to it.this game would be up there as one of the best pes games if the goal keeping wasn't so bad

Bro the goal keepers are so bad 😂..but like u said the gameplay is balanced and it has a nice flow to it.this game would be up there as one of the best pes games if the goal keeping wasn't so bad
Try this gameplay patchs, maybe it will help

https://mega.nz/file/TB4TGboL#v9DPYbipgwHBuN5-pxkBm8RRVjDl5bEfrrrl9TliZ-c

https://mega.nz/file/KYwFlZqQ#dlnDsI3tZdc8RRbW5hcgxAr8nnHQ-PCtjCEnpuUaHis

https://mega.nz/file/PJo1CQqJ#hC9GWpCrzH6wZkedE1Bapg_RD1GELmwpGPm3c2GIG5Y

The German commentary also suffers by the audio book decrease.

that would unfortunately be perfectly accurate though.
german football commentary has always been audiobook style. totally insufferable. i never understood why no one at the tv companies ever thought that maybe some emotions or excitement would improve the entertainment product? even just using a 2nd commentator is fairly recent thing i believe and then only for private companies. football on national tv is still just one guy performing monotone audiobook recitals. just mind-boggling if you think about it.
i mean somehow they did it better 30 years ago even. world cup final 1990 had two commentators. tv guy and karl heinz rummenigge as expert.

If you want something similar to PES 5 and 6 i think you should try FIFA 11 PC version...

1. Download FIFA 11 reloaded from archive.org
2. Extract it with 7zip and install it..
3. Download the patch 1.01 and install it...
4. Try it...If you dont have strong PC try to play it in Low graphics they arent different than the high graphics and you can play with crowd without performance issues..
(Try the broadcast camera for me it is the best camera)...
5. If you like it then go to soccergaming and download the season 2021-22 patch by tokke...He is one of the best editors he converted all the graphic files (faces, kits, database, balls, gloves, shoes etc) from FIFA12-22, Fifa Online 3 and 4....
6. If you like it then you are lucky because tokke created tools and you can easily convert the database of FIFA 23, the graphics of FIFA 23 and FIFA 11 is full editable without bugs or any similar problems... You can add or remove leagues, teams, players, you can change, remove, add whatever you want in the career mode and the other modes without any issues, crashes etc...

Last edited:
I've been using this one, Mackubex PES 2016 Realistic Gameplay V2

Keepers are improved and I have been enjoying the differences. Have to try it even more since I've only played a few matches but for the time being, I've noted an overall improvement in the gameplay. Better CPU AI as well. :TU: Thanks for sharing!
I'm really enjoying it as well..although I have tested the others as yet..but this one has been amazing so far

Hey bros! I was wondering if there was any chance if work could perhaps be done on a PES 2015 camera mod, or if there is a hidden sider module that changes the camera?

I'm quite enjoying this installment, but the camera is a bit too zoomed in for my taste. Looking around the web, it seems like nesa didn't release a camera mod for PES 2015.. But wondering in the off chance that any of you might know of a way to zoom out the camera through sider or another method, or perhaps kindly request a camera modder to help us with this issue, that'd be awesome. :TU: Thanks in advance.

@Madmac79 bro, what camera settings do you use for PES 2015?

Last edited:
Hey bros! I was wondering if there was any chance if work could perhaps be done on a PES 2015 camera mod, or if there is a hidden sider module that changes the camera?

I'm quite enjoying this installment, but the camera is a bit too zoomed in for my taste. Looking around the web, it seems like nesa didn't release a camera mod for PES 2015.. But wondering in the off chance that any of you might know of a way to zoom out the camera through sider or another method, or perhaps kindly request a camera modder to help us with this issue, that'd be awesome. :TU: Thanks in advance.

Hey mate! Just checked, I use 7-4-7.. probably too zoomed in for your tastes. Unfortunately I don't know about camera mods for 15 :THINK:

i think nesa made a "tutorial" on how to find some values on cheat engine, maybe you can follow up that and try to find it, i wish i could help, but i dont know too much of the new-gen pes

One question, on Winning Eleven 9/PES 5 on console the crowd are missing from some stadiums but others have a crowd. For example when playing at Riazor there is a crowd during gameplay. Does anyone know how to add the crowd to the other stadiums? I'm merging some patches and updating the translation for Winning Eleven 9 (Japan) and wanted to find out before uploading. Thanks.

i repeat myself for the 1.000th time. If you liked the Broadcast camera on Playstation 2 games, then you go

Pitch Side , 0-3-0 :)

Don't know about mods though!!! :D

I've used and we often used Broadcoast named "TV" or "TV2" with some zoom camera on PS2 in our leagues. PES 2015 was pretty limited on cam like PES 2014 if i remember, 2 cams and only one you could custom fully, well i didn't carried that much. Just that the game was kinda repetitive visually and the cam was a bit responsible, too much "strict game" very basic to watch but whatever.

I think on ISS Pro 2 and (sure that one) PES 1 and 2 : we used by defaut "TV" cam (Broadcoast in english perhpas and in french "Diffusion" means TV diffusion lol).
It was more beautiful, immersive.

I remember playing WE5FE with the Long basic cam (not the "Far", for PS2 version i don't like it). Didn't scored more than 1 goal during 2 games. Then i restarted, with Diffusion, same teams and difficulty, and at the half time i decided to put it on "Diffusion/TV" : i started to finally score like the good old time 🦾
The cam plays a lot about your level, the multiple i use on PES 21 makes the game looking more dynamic, and easier for fast build play (my playing style on PS4 versions)

Don't you remember in i think a PES from PS3 PS4, there were a missing "TV Broadcoast cam"? Closer to the ground, like the one on PS2 i mentioned.
And they resolved it on the next version, i think it's PES 2015 or 2017. We were all happy like kids for one old cam coming back lol.
I loved to use that cam a with a higher, i like it mixed flat with a bit of altitude lol. And not a lot of angle : it kills my precision in everything.

Also i don't get how people can play with +5 in angle... It's a beauty, but unplayable to me... And some did it on manual, i don't believe the "when you're used to it, it's the same bla bla". No. It's impossible, you will lost some % of precision for sure. The pitch need 0 angle to me EDIT / On manual when it, at least when i played manual often online with Fuma friends (not my config), impossible an angle for tons of stuffs. My crossing wasn't even Sunday league level.

Last edited:
I've used and we often used Broadcoast named "TV" or "TV2" with some zoom camera on PS2 in our leagues. PES 2015 was pretty limited if i remember, but i didn't carried at all, was okay to me.
I think on ISS Pro 2 and (sure that one) PES 1 and 2 : we used by defaut "TV" cam (Broadcoast in english perhpas and in french "Diffusion" means TV diffusion lol).
It was more beautiful, immersive.

I remember playing WE5FE with the Long basic cam (not the "Far", for PS2 version i don't like it). Didn't scored more than 1 goal during 2 games. Then i restarted, with Diffusion, same teams and difficulty, and at the half time i decided to put it on "Diffusion/TV" : i started to finally score like the good old time 🦾
The cam plays a lot about your level, the multiple i use on PES 21 makes the game looking more dynamic, and easier for fast build play (my playing style on PS4 versions)

Don't you remember in i think a PES from PS3 PS4, there were a missing "TV Broadcoast cam"? And they resolved it on the next version, i think it's PES 2015 or 2017. We were all happy like kids for one old cam coming back lol.
I loved to use that cam a with a higher, i like it mixed flat with a bit of altitude lol. And not a lot of angle : it kills my precision in everything.

Also i don't get how people can play with +5 in angle... It's a beauty, but unplayable to me... And some did it on manual, i don't believe the "when you're used to it, it's the same bla bla". No. It's impossible, you will lost some % of precision for sure. The pitch need 0 angle to me, at least when i played manual, impossible an angle for tons of stuffs. My crossing wasn't even Sunday league level.
As i've messed a lot with cameras in the past. The new stadium camera, the default and heavy promoted one, in modern 2020 & 2021 and all the look-alike cameras with angles, are very beautifull to watch videos of the matches on Youtube or wherever, but it is almost unplayble for me, especially when you have to make a sharp direction change , the same time the camera AI decides to change angle , or zoom focus level.

It was the reason i abondoned "Broadcast" camera in PES 2011, after 10 years of playing with the same camera, cause it had added angle, and in that version it was very strange angle and changing angle, when you were near the goal lines and corners, not so wierd in the far side, but in the narrow side/touchline, it's like the camera itself gets dizzy.

But i admire those who can play with angles and changes.

i repeat myself for the 1.000th time. If you liked the Broadcast camera on Playstation 2 games, then you go

Pitch Side , 0-3-0 :)

Don't know about mods though!!! :D
Haha loool I don't remember asking you this before :LOL: but anyway, I like playing with +4-+7 angle approximately, well it really depends on the edition.

In PES 5 or 6 I have no problem playing with angle +7, but in PES 2017 for example, I like playing with much lower angle, something around +3 or +4, similar to the 2010's editions.. Then again, I almost never play manual passing so the angle doesn't change things too much.

Haha loool I don't remember asking you this before :LOL: but anyway, I like playing with +4-+7 angle approximately, well it really depends on the edition.

In PES 5 or 6 I have no problem playing with angle +7, but in PES 2017 for example, I like playing with much lower angle, something around +3 or +4, similar to the 2010's editions.. Then again, I almost never play manual passing so the angle doesn't change things too much.
Υeah i know, it was a little bit Greeklish reply!!! :)

In English, the first sentence should be:

i repeat myself for the 1.000th time= Pardon me, for posting this 1.000 times, already yesterday, i posted my camera settings in PES 2021 topic....

It was a disclaimer, cause once a month i am posting about Pitch Side camera, maybe someone could feel that i spam my settings, was n't personal comment.

O.T.:
Sometimes i am in the same language barrier with @vialli82 , thinking in my mind in my language, then translating to english, but sometimes the meaning has a slightly different application.

For example some months ago, someone replied me in a main topic, that i should be hospitalized in a madhouse. This also used in slang, in Greek language , as verbal joke, but under some context , it can be used as one of the heaviest insults possible, under the proper context, and always in Greek meaning.

And believe me in Greek language , there are bad words, slangs, even for the "opponent's" family, parents, social status, sports teams, religious believes (yes we have bad words about deities, God, Jesus, etc) .

For example, i haven't studied the slang bad words of every language/culture, of course, but i do not know other country, that they use so much heavy bad words with religious deities or symbols in the same phrase.

And imagine that, verbally offending somone including religious staff, may be considered very heavy insult, even "blasphemy", if the other person is religious enough, but telling him , that he must be hospitalized in a mad house, or anything about mental health, can be an even heavier insult, always under the appropriate context, and always in the Greek meaning.

End of O.T.

@slamsoze haha no worries bro! yeah, english is for a lot of us a "second language" or maybe even a third language, so I totally understand the different meaning/context. In Spanish it's the same thing! :LOL: We have so many sayings that don't translate, for example in Colombia we say something like "that guy's happier than MacGyver in Homecenter" (más feliz que MacGyver en Homecenter LOL) Homecenter is a place where you buy appliances and tools and stuff like that..But say that to a non-Colombian and many will look at you like you're crazy hahahahaha.. Anyway I'm cracking up by myself here. :LMAO:

I like higher angles in cameras, they give me a sense of real life views and as @millossobek I've almost always played not using manual.. so, zero gameplay issues. Funny thing @slamsoze is that Pes 11 default camera with his in built angles is one of my favourites ever if not the one :P

The ones I really usually find unplayable are the default broadcasts, both in Fifa and in Pes. I remember in Pes 2018 for example broadcast (patched without the zoom in with Nesa's tool) mixed with the general magnificent colours of that game was such a thing of beauty that I forced myself to play it for a period.. but the angles and the way pitch is compressed was really too confusing lol, had to drop it sooner than later. As another example in my most crazy Pes 5 period when I was really trying everything that the game could offer I started a ML in broadcast (the number two of course, not the zoomed out one which at the opposite is one of the cleanest) just for the challenge of it.. dropped it after not many games as well lol.

Just yesterday I've tried maximum angle on Pes 21 as well and I've find it good enough. We'll see if it stuck.

Aaaaanyway, back to PES.. :LMAO: I would like to make a small unrelated parenthesis, since we're talking about languages.

(This applies to PES 2014-to the present)
Do you guys know if there is an alternative to the usual English commentary? I mean it's fine and everything.. But I think if I hear "it might be flowing one way, but there's still time for some ebb" one more time when the match is tied in the 80th minute, I might restart the match with a different language. :LOL:

I know that in PES 6, 2010, 11 and some others, people have modded the FIFA commentary for the game and it's actually quite a refreshing change. So I was wondering of anyone knew of a modded commentary for 2014 to the present, so that I don't have to hear that "flowing one way ebb" thing. :LOL: It gets a bit repetitive.

@slamsoze haha no worries bro! yeah, english is for a lot of us a "second language" or maybe even a third language, so I totally understand the different meaning/context. In Spanish it's the same thing! :LOL: We have so many sayings that don't translate, for example in Colombia we say something like "that guy's happier than MacGyver in Homecenter" (más feliz que MacGyver en Homecenter LOL) Homecenter is a place where you buy appliances and tools and stuff like that..But say that to a non-Colombian and many will look at you like you're crazy hahahahaha.. Anyway I'm cracking up by myself here. :LMAO:
While i am not a glossologist, i like learning such staff. For example, to keep it relative to football, i think even the Greek Commentary includes this phrase as an extra, when a player shoots far from the goalpost, but very far, we say "he sent the ball to the birds/pidgeons"...

Or for the more older people, we used to say "he sent the ball to the cemetery/graveyard" , cause in the old times, most of the football fields, especially in country sides, were usually built outside of the town/village, close to the cemetary. So in every country side, the very first things you meet , before you enter a village/town, were a cemetary and a football field...

But now it's not like this, and even younger people can't understand the meaning..

End of glossology course!!!
! :shiver::D:OT::TTTH::BAND::BY:

Back
Top Bottom