The Retro-PES Corner

It's easier to found that version : https://emugun.com/448-world-soccer...eng-fr-it-es-de-kor-download-iso-rom-ps2.html
Click on Korean... But you ddl the Japanese version and you got the Korean one lol.

No i didn't checked anywhere, i ain't interested. Rosters are identical, stats too @marqisspes6

Otherwhise there's only 2 "hidden special" in PES 2008 : the others are like in PES 6 and 2008 unlocked with a certain amount of stats in those version (not in PS3 version)
On PS3 you got Flip Flap and Cr7 feint (they called it like that) and on PES 5 they mention that when you push 3 times L1, he made some kind of feint, from what i read it's a flip flap. They mentions some players... And one weak, Wilhemsson. I verified on PES 2008 and he got Flip Flap checked.

Now, on PES 2009 PC editor you got the same (CR7 and Flip Flap)

On PES 2010 PC, you got them all on cards (so perhaps listing those ones is an idea, but from PES 6 and 2008 guide : those feints are unlocked regarding players stats if he got 90/90 (those value are from what i remember, but that was the concept) in both Precision Dribble/Agility

The system is different i think, or the parameters are the same but with a different editor for face building.

To me much much more difficult in PES 2014, i believe there's more stuffs on it... Even with it, the result was far as good as when they revamped all facial parameters in PES 2018.

The most annoying was PES 2011/13 : the biggest issue is you couldn't really share your creation. For example the nose or mouth depth was like "analog", means in %, There was already tons of nose for example, but larger and depth wasn't on number. But you could've practically create faces looking like Preset on it. I think they found the good formula with PES 2018 to PES 2021, but Efootball is the best for it, you'll see when they will unlock edit more (it's the same, but facial parameters as changed again, hairstyle more logic and casual and the rendering looks way better, with the exact same system)

Try to search on google, i think there's a face converter, but i don't remember if it's for PES 2015 or 2014. That version didn't took as much attention. But i'm sure i found one, but it wasn't what i was searching for.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I separe for a completely other subject : i'm actually checking all the feints doable in PES 5 and 2008, it's mind blowing. And they're useful.
There's even more feints that what's on the books : they're some on DVD. But when i see how you can make feints combination, it's like unlimited.
I'm not that much focused on feints, but it's enormous how many stuff you can do... But it's hard, pretty hard. Some differers from players to players, and some are ONLY for one player, not like the CR7 move or Elastico : same movement but different animation.

Some small feints from the PES 6 guide, i think most of them could be executed in PES 5 not sure, and for sure on 2008 (which got even more special moves than PES 6/PS2 or PCS3360 :

Has anyone experienced this issue on PC with old PES titles.

Basically I have a Xbox Series X controller plugged in and it recognises it fine but you cannot use both triggers together at the same time. For example in PES 5/6 and all the old titles you can change the defensive/attacking level of your team by pressing L2/LT and then using either R1/RB or R2/RT to change the levels. Problem is you cant use L2/LT and R2/RT together at the same time so I can only make it go more defensive and not more attacking.

Is there anyway to fix it? Cheers.

Last edited:
Has anyone experienced this issue on PC with old PES titles.

Basically I have a Xbox Series X controller plugged in and it recognises it fine but you cannot use both triggers together at the same time. For example in PES 5/6 and all the old titles you can change the defensive/attacking level of your team by pressing L2/LT and then using either R1/RB or R2/RT to change the levels. Problem is you cant use L2/LT and R2/RT together at the same time so I can only make it go more defensive and not more attacking.

Is there anyway to fix it? Cheers.
I don't know the solution, but i have the same issue with "Xbox 360 for Windows" controller. Any other controller works correctly.

It is something to do with the analog triggers, the one is Axis- and the other Axis+, so when pressed together they neutralize each other.

But don't worry, you are not alone. The same "issue" applies for more modern PES liken 2016-2017 etc. :)

@BillyKong Refreshed my memory, it's the Z-axis issue. You must search deep and try something like this. Just suggestion, never tried it for myself, if it works or not. If you your controler properties panel, in X-input there is only one Z-Axis.
Screenshot_20221007_093836_com.android.chrome.jpg

IIRC, it's gone years since i was searching this issue, you may have to make the old games recognize D-input, in your controller and not X-input.

PES gamed, after 2015 for sue, not sure about 2008-2013 l, do have an option ij settings/gamepad between X/D input, but the D-input was badly optimized by KONAMI and wasn't working as it should, at leadt woth my Xbox 360 for windows controllers, both the wired and the r wireless one.

P. S. : If you want me, save time for you, if you gonna search for solutions, avoid every Microsoft official support page, cause tye only solution proposed is: update your controller drivers via Windows, which i find very "underestimating consumer's /people's IQ" suggested solution. :D

Last edited:
Thank you @slamsoze!

That info is very helpful I will try and install that driver in the video you linked from the Reddit thread.
Since a lot of years have past, i think (but not sure) that switching between X and D input solves the issue. I think my resolution was, use my Logitech F710 wireless, which has a standalone switch, for D and X input modes on the hardware, but for other games, not for PES.

For the PES games you mentioned, that you need this button combination for att/def mentality, i am playing on keyboard. :)

The only issue i had with D-input was, the remapping of buttons was more difficult, and sometimes, in PES, if, for any reason, your WIRELESS gamepad gets disconnected, basically in Master League, and if you don't play with sider/free choose sides, when you connect it back,you are still stuck in the choose sides screen, with the option being greyed in the middle, and does n't let you neither choose sides, nor progress, and you need to ALT+F4.

I repeat again, i haven't tried the link by reddit, to tell you if it does work, but i hope it solves your issue.

Yes i remember having the same isssue, that one neutralise the other with the same driver, i used a PC controller with analog but not an X360 one.
And yes they neutralise each others... With that driver. I found another one, and it finally worked.

Now i own a other PC controller, not recognised as an X360 (don't even know if there's drivers on it) but working on Xinput and i don't have that issue anymore, and it's a mix between a Dualshock 4 for the form and an X360 as i wanted one with asymetrical analog / i own already another DS4 lookalike for my PS3 jailbreak, so i wanted to have both : another with analog instead of D-pad and vice-versa).

It's the only one i tried that i don't have issue to play with the 4 directional controller looking like an Xbox, i don't know, the shape when you take in hands is like "made" for being took in a way to get your thumbs closers to the buttons, so the pad size doesn't make stretching your thumb like a Yoga training session and more than all, the D-pad is a much more functionnal than the shitty one on 360 controller (unplayable with the original model. Better with a wired version lookalike like the Thrustmaster i owned > RIP as i walked over it lol).

Last edited:
right now busy enough trying to make the Other game version of 2014 play like PES as much as possible, and probably managing enough to some extent with the help of matt10 sliders

Happy for you @Hatrickhero that you found that the "evolution" isn't always a seal of quality. Sometimes, it's just a difference regarding philosophical approach regarding the Gen where the game was built, but not especially better (to play, but aesthetically yes) as it's programmed differently.

Well, there's also a lot of taste, and it's not something to discuss so forget that "debate" about PS4 versions and enjoy what you're actually playing mate.

And there's hidden gems on both PES (more) and FIFA we didn't played on the past. I also discovered 2 very good versions i'm happy to play with...
One that i can't update the roster like FIFA 14 PS4 but i don't care. I prefers 2013-14 season as the 4-5 previous seasons, teams didn't lost already their personnality.

Last edited:
Yes i remember having the same isssue, that one neutralise the other with the same driver, i used a PC controller with analog but not an X360 one.
And yes they neutralise each others... With that driver. I found another one, and it finally worked.

Now i own a other PC controller, not recognised as an X360 (don't even know if there's drivers on it) but working on Xinput and i don't have that issue anymore, and it's a mix between a Dualshock 4 for the form and an X360 as i wanted one with asymetrical analog / i own already another DS4 lookalike for my PS3 jailbreak, so i wanted to have both : another with analog instead of D-pad and vice-versa).

It's the only one i tried that i don't have issue to play with the 4 directional controller looking like an Xbox, i don't know, the shape when you take in hands is like "made" for being took in a way to get your thumbs closers to the buttons, so the pad size doesn't make stretching your thumb like a Yoga training session and more than all, the D-pad is a much more functionnal than the shitty one on 360 controller (unplayable with the original model. Better with a wired version lookalike like the Thrustmaster i owned > RIP as i walked over it lol).
A lot tempted to go off topic ☺️😉, talking about gamepads is always a joy for me, Logitech is my biggest love, although their products and design have been stuck in PS3 era for some reason. No modern design models. And they shifted the focus to keyboards, gaming mouse, and headphones for some reason.

Well back to what you said, the D-Pad of XBOX 360 controller, must be the worst Dpad in history of gaming manufacturing.

Terrible design, terrible precision, terrible force feedback, you need to press it with the force of Son Goku SSJ, and even then,you don't feel if your input was correct.

Even that fake nameless USB gamepads, that i used to buy when i was a student, from the supermarket, that were two controllers in one USB cable and costed 10€, had better Dpad than the Xbox360 :P

For me , ironically, the best Dpad lays in DS4, and then DS3 and DS1 respectively. And while the Dualschocks were my least favourites throughout history, they are the most convenient for me, especially for fighting games, like Marvel VS Capcom, Dragonball FighterZ, etc.. :D I mean their DPad.

End of OT... :)

Controllers are important, as without it we couldn't play any Retro-PES or games (on console) so let's talk about it :JAY:
Well i'm collecting controller, i'm a fan of it so... Sorry but i can't resist to talk about it for some posts :P

Yeah i owned the real and a Thrusmaster "copy". That Thrusmaster, wired, was by far better and even more ergonomic + i always throught that XBOX overall controller were too big, like a block, i prefers when it's more thin to take in hands.
Some found more stability/not moving controller as it doesn't move : it's a big one and probably made "big" for that reason. I understand it too.

In terms of ergonomic, one, well, let's say "controller" i saw first and trough how could you play with that stuff? was the combo Wiimote-Nunchuk...
I really believe that if you could've assign it on PC for strategy games in-real-time it would have been the most fun way to play and the quickest.
I remember the PES i played with it, already said but you feel like everything was possible. i sometimes, just for a small laugh put 6-7 players on a poor guy with the pressing function (often resulted in a fault of course).

Also, before i preferred for game using both analog to control (so, FPS/TPS made for Controller) the Analog stick instead of the D-pad when they released it first... At least i through i was better, it was new and i played especially games which didn't need the Right stick.
But no, when both needs to be used to control, since i tried both : i found that symetric Analog like Dualshock, as they're aligned, gives me more precise result, i don't know, it's linked to the spatial intelligence or thing like that.
(WTF is that weird conversation, looks like a super nerdy stuff lol, and i even ain't a big gamer)

Now back on track :

-When PES 3 was out, didn't you were a bit disappointed that you couldn't choose the real Pierluigi Colina as referee?
I was, a lot (and pissed too haha)
There's should have been some real referees choice like Howard Webb and the turkish one who was very good too (don't remember his name)
But as referee was pretty limited in practically every version with "difficult choice" like on PS4, better to not assign them as they were too good for the standard lol

I remember while playing pes 5, one of my friends brought every possible superstar to his real madrid squad, and then the game felt like it was broken from the amount of high rated players in his starting eleven, it felt really weird how overpowered his squad was in ML.

Ok guys so basically I uninstalled the patch and added PES 2010 Smoke Patch but now I'm having a different issue. Incorrect kits for some teams, including the one I want to play with: Sheffield Wednesday.

View attachment 181046View attachment 181047View attachment 181048

I really don't understand what's happening. The kit is correctly designed in kitserver, the team map is there, but the kits are shown wrong.

Wondering what could be happening here? Any help would be appreciated bros, thanks.
Is pes 2010 good? Does it have solid gameplay like pes 5 and 6?

Is pes 2010 good? Does it have solid gameplay like pes 5 and 6?
I've quite enjoyed it so far. Even though the gameplay is a bit fast for my taste, all I have to do is slow down the game with a program called Cheat Engine, I slow it down to 0.92 approximately and the pacing is nice for my playing style. It's definitely easier to score than PES 2011 (which I also like, for different reasons), and the game plays nice and dynamic for me, even if it is different from PES 5 or 6. It's an altogether different experience, but one I've enjoyed. Now all I have to do is find a patch that suits what I'm looking for. :TU:

Last edited:
I remember while playing pes 5, one of my friends brought every possible superstar to his real madrid squad,
Try this

ELAF MONEY IN MASTER LEAGUE TOOL for PES5 (V1)

New Tool to get a HARDER Master League
The tool divide by 2, the money earned when you draw or win a match in Division1 or Division2 in MasterLeague
According to this table:
League Result Before Now
D1 WIN 1000 500
D1 DRAW 500 250
D2 WIN 800 400
D2 DRAW 400 200

D1 season are 30 matches, so if you roughly win 20 matches you'll win 10.000 money in that season corresponding only to the result.
you have to add the draw matches, goals money (20 per goal).

So you'll be able to sustain a squad with salary between 10.000 and 15.000 (maybe more if you win Champions WEFA, and others)
Now you have 3 new handicaps/gameplay situations:
  • Harder to earn the necessary money to pay the salary in the season.
  • Prevents that you can overpower your squad, thinking better and balancing your squad.
  • Think better about sell and buy players

This tools is the result of months of testing with different game variables.

Link to the Tool (MEGA)

Instructions!:
  • - Open PES5 (Game must run under PES5.exe process!)
  • - Alt-Tab and Open the tool
  • - Press "Shift + H" (you'll hear a sound)
  • - Return to the game and play.
FAQ:
  • - I'm not interested in doing a WE9/WE9LE/PES6 version.
  • - The tool has a simple desing and i'm not interested in improving it, i've used the cheat engine making tool
  • - For the moment this is the balanced values according to me, we can discuss if values must be bigger or smaller values for the money earned.
  • - My english is not good, i'm a Spanish native speaker from Uruguay!

Maybe you will play against the worst IA defense of the PES serie
Haha the most easy for sure, for shooting/heading. But was it the same even with higher difficulty? Didn't remember about the difficulty on PS3, only when i replayed the game on PC.
To me it was more the issue regarding the ball always too close to the target when you shoot more than the AI.
And perhaps, it happenned very often in practically every PES : the difficulty raise up when you're on a competition. I only played Exhibition games to retry...

I didn't played it that much so i can't tell about AI, but the test about precision is recent, on the latest difficult without unlocked the 6 stars. No idea if it's more difficult. Sad because the game itself with his flaws wasn't that shitty to play for me, with a freedom sensation a bit less than in 2008 and 2009 (fast, but not that easy.
And i replayed it just the time to install the 2 OF from summer and winter to get stats for my PES 08 O.F. : weirdly it wasn't that fast as i remember and a not so bad game.
Needs a retry. Again. But perhaps on PC it's slower, and i checked Kitservers speed was on 100 so it's not that.

As i owned the PS3 version but it was Fifa's time, and sometimes i played PES for a change for both version 2009 and 2010.

Pes 2010 gameplay had a lot of weirdness, but I don't think it was bad all around, I remember it had a lot of redeeming qualities like being super stats oriented for example. I think defenses were way worse in plain Pc/Ps2 Pes 6 and probably in next gen 09 as well (too little inertia and the crazy idea to give all players, even keepers, the ability to change direction with the OP fake shoot feint that from WE 10 onwards it was only reserved to very good and agile dribblers was too much.. at least in 2010 you had some normal inertia again).

Time ago I played some bits of ML in Premier League, I found it challenging enough to be honest, iirc I used SMoke Patch that recalibrated things in terms of tactics and stats, maybe it helped, maybe not, anyway it worked for me so I'll leave it at that lol.

Beast from ISS Pro (i registered him on Italy) to PES 5, a bit less in PES 6 but still effective to my playing style... Well i didn't played a lot with him on that version but just tried.

As a left footed (weird as i'm writing with my right hand) i found it easier to strike with left footed player than right footed usual ones.
And Vieri was probably my top scorer from every version, the way i play more with ball protection and simple dribbling, some acceleration when necessary he got all i needed. I don't know if that's matter to you regarding your best foot IRL, but guys like me very "left only" with 0/0 on right foot if i was in game were better with left players. I didn't noticed it on the leagues we created or i would have choosen teams with the most Left footed player possible lol.

But he's probably the best left footed shooter/didn't say left footed player/ of the whole game (regarding precision/power/shoot technique), Adriano was super good in chance creation and probably in PES 6 no idea i didn't took Brazil or Inter, but a bit less shoot precision/technique.

My relation with PES 6 was pretty different i will explain a last time, i didn't founded the game bad at all :

-One with the league we created Belgian League so stats were poor, even if we accorded to get some transfers depending the score you got from the previous league (of course we could've give some "money" to a bad ranked friend so he could buy a good player)

-The other but online on X360 online, on Wearepes French League (i took Lorient as a choice lol so) and i played also online with bigger teams, Chelsea as 1st choice and it was much more balanced overall / you can check test or play to try : it was more a mix between PES 5 and 2008 in fact, more inertia etc.

But after, i brought it on PC, and played online as friend from another forums asked me... With good teams, good strikers it was a goal fest.
That game was a bit too focused on super heroes offensive player, less on super GK or Def. Even chance creation.
My best player on that version was R9 when i tooked Real (as the guy was the type of "i'm the best etc." so i didn't wanted to loose against lol), and he wasn't at his bet in terms of stats on that version.

So i didn't spend a bad year with PES 6. But after, on the long term, i really got hard to play with in comparison to the tons of hidden gems we got from WE8LE to PES 2008 by passing to WE9 and WE7I jap and JL2007CC was a big version i discovered and never tried before too > it's PES 6 as it should have been as it's the same family WE10/PES6/WE10 Europa/JL2007CC : all bugs corrected and re-balanced game overall Att/def, but still the good side of dynamic feeling PES 6 got.

Last edited:
The last 3 days i installed pes 5, 6, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013,2014,2015,2016...

For me the best 2 games after pes 6 and 5 where 2008, 2009, 2012 but the best was the pes 2012...

Now i am playing PES 2017 with sider and custom camera 15-0-0 (i am animations lover so the closer camera looks nice for me), 15 minutes exhibition matches at superstar level...the cpu is Barcelona because is the best team in PES 2017 and i am playing with Real, Chelsea, Roma... I enjoy the games...

I am playing FIFA 11 PC too, 5 minutes games with dynamic 1 camera...It s a nice game too the ball physics are similar to PES 5 but the negative is that it has many tet-a-tet you can go 1 vs 1 with keeper from the center because the defenders are too high...

Yes about the PC version : the "real" FIFA 11 to play is the PS3/Xbox 360. I got the two PS3 and PC and that version is far less goal to goal, enjoyable, a bit slower, well the game was based on FIFA 10 and rebalanced.

FIFA 11 PC is more a copy paste from World Cup 2010 to PC gameplay, which i remember was based on FIFA 09 / rebalanced of course as that version wasn't very good. I remember we talked about it on the thread, as there was separate teams working for both games, both based on FIFA 09. But EA wanted to give "another game version" experience. It was a great, great idea, one game for the long term (as EA in those time got that philosophy) and another more fun and direct for the short/average term.

But the WC 2010 was more entertaining especially visually, and very fun oriented...
Good for a change and the overall "mood" of a World Cup, a bit less for a Club and Careers on pitchs with less details and "life".

Last edited:
Found something interesting (to me at least and probably @H_G )
I was aware than the 3DS and PSP WE2014 Aoki Samurai got the transfers right, but for Winter season.

And from what we concluded on PSD, even if i wasn't really on the same page about their way to rate players and others conclusions/discussions, that the last PS2 correct database were the one from PES 2014 PS2... But it's unfortunately not up to date.
WE2014 Aoki players from the very last patch was probably or made by the Windsor team for a 1st try before PES 2015 or on "Freewheel" like we said here.
Some players got excessive stats, not following the usual standards from Konami, like Vidal with around 85-88 in Attack/Defense PS2 stats never see that since 5 to 2013 etc., some from tons of players.

But... as i got WE 2014 3DS but never decrypted it (that emulator needs it to run roms. Also US/EU version on 3ds). I was in fact searching from something else, and i decrypted it to check. And was very surprised that all players got summers transfers :PRAY:

It gives me a little bit of "happiness", a little smile to found something new and probably unknown...
If i didn't got other project, i would rush on PES 2014 PS2 to complete it AFAIK lol.

As there's no way (i don't think) to convert Accel/Shoot Tech./Drib. Speed Etc. and i believe it was PS2 old japanese guys doing stats as usual, and the conversion was from PS2 to PS3.

PES 14 got perhaps one of the best ML on PS2, all the teams are completed, could replace the 6 or 7 fakes teams by big Bundes ones. No more needed.
Already got an OF with good kits.

I know it's been discussed in the past with no success, but does somebody know if there is a good original season patch around for Pes 12? The mainstream Pesedit one is truly great but it covers 12-13, not 11-12. In the next future I'd love to play some 12 with his proper season, the only alternative I know would be to go vanilla which isn't even that bad considering I was kinda fond of fake teams (in a sense they felt proper part of the alternative universe), but if there was a patch as I'm asking it would be great.

The last 3 days i installed pes 5, 6, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013,2014,2015,2016...

For me the best 2 games after pes 6 and 5 where 2008, 2009, 2012 but the best was the pes 2012...

Now i am playing PES 2017 with sider and custom camera 15-0-0 (i am animations lover so the closer camera looks nice for me), 15 minutes exhibition matches at superstar level...the cpu is Barcelona because is the best team in PES 2017 and i am playing with Real, Chelsea, Roma... I enjoy the games...

I am playing FIFA 11 PC too, 5 minutes games with dynamic 1 camera...It s a nice game too the ball physics are similar to PES 5 but the negative is that it has many tet-a-tet you can go 1 vs 1 with keeper from the center because the defenders are too high...
Try pes 2017 ML, and see the scripted gameplay on superstar...😅
I know it's been discussed in the past with no success, but does somebody know if there is a good original season patch around for Pes 12? The mainstream Pesedit one is truly great but it covers 12-13, not 11-12. In the next future I'd love to play some 12 with his proper season, the only alternative I know would be to go vanilla which isn't even that bad considering I was kinda fond of fake teams (in a sense they felt proper part of the alternative universe), but if there was a patch as I'm asking it would be great.
Pes 2012 was not bad tbh, on pc i remember, does it have solid gameplay guys? I mean is it an alternative to pes 2021?

Hi guys, I am pleased to note that the topic is always very active.

In this regard, I would like to ask you for some advice.
Over the years I have tried almost all pes titles, just like you, but I have a memory of many of them faded by time.

It's no secret my love for PES 5 and its gameplay dynamics, and so I ask you what do you think is a title (earlier or later, it doesn't matter), which has similar characteristics and an equally solid base.

Back
Top Bottom