The Retro-PES Corner

Can I have it ?
Sorry : it's the V4 : very recent too. I through it was the very final... But i will apply that one.

Thanks i will try to ddl it and apply. Just ddl the ZIP file from here and apply on a WE10 Jap original.
If you don't have it, i'll upload for you mate.

Edit: i found a Korea version of WE9 here. I don't know what's the difference : probably the same but with Korea challenge instead of Japanese challenge :

https://archive.org/details/winning-eleven-9
Click on "ISO" image. I'm curious about the roster, never heard of that version.

Last edited:
@H_G wait a bit, i a got WE9 original japanese Iso on my external HDD. It's pretty hard to found those days, i just tried.

I will apply on it, for more safety, and seed the original Option file (in Japanese) with it. If ever you're interested for having WE9 original rosters ;)
Even if it's exhausting to reset every players names, some for X reason are still in English with the patch.

Ah yes i founded the WE10 removed players from teams here and there regarding the Fernando's patch.
The biggest one was from a team from la Liga : 4 or 5 players removed (for no reason, they still play on the next season and the team isn't relegated...)
I'll check the name tomorrow. I'm on PES 5 NT updating right now.

I'll edit that post when it's uploaded mate :TU:

No idea mate, i'm not too much familiar with DKZ, i'm more focused on database, stats and creating face build than the rest.
There's others tool for PES 6, have you tried NoMad ? Take any new version, it will be compatible with any PES i think.
Probably others are existing, but i'm not really on PES 6 ps2. I played a league with friends with created Belgium League but when i played with big teams... Damn.
I played online on Xbox 360, even without real kits, i could care more with the 16/9 and 720p resolution, and better gameplay.

Reactions: H_G
About the Fernando's v5 patch : all seems fucked up. I will try on another iso but there's tons of teams with 12 players and the rest "unregistered"...
No idea. I checked and i got Korean version, not Japanese (Seems there's no difference but well)

Will check about it tomorrow : i delete the previous posts.

Reactions: H_G
I JUST noticed a small detail on the late era PS2 PES games... Konami kept improving the graphics wherever they could.

I thought the horrible crowd texture in PES 6 and 2008 was kept untouched until the last entry, because the PS2 was not capable of more. But looking at videos of PES 2010, they put the effort to fix it, to make it as good as PES 3/4 again.

Also, in PES 2011 onwards, they upgraded the crowd texture to a higher quality version. And, they managed to backport some stadiums like Wembley, Stade de France or Estadio da Luz.

How did I notice this NOW, 10 years later? I feel like an idiot lol.

Well, now I want to play one of these games! Which one (from PES 2009 to 2014 PS2) is the best, gameplay-wise?
If you think that's mind blowing, you should play the Wii version on PES 2013, It's the prettiest version of PS2 style PES ever made.

It's a pain in the arse to emulate and what makes up for in graphics and even ball physics, it lacks in shitty Wii controls and limited settings even when using a controller.

I made a video a little while ago of it 🤷🏾‍♂️

Loved the WII versions, i owned the 2008, 2009, 2010 but then i gave the Wii to a youth cousin.

Well except the shooting system which was too easy on those version, it's the only game that you could really feels you could've control 80% of your team with the Wiimote+Nunchunk. Like a strategy Football game in real time, same as games like Command and Conquers etc. (i ain't a pro of those in-real-time strategy, but it was the same but in football).

Also you could've run/dribble at any degree possible on the pitch, , but you could also use old school dribbling.

I think the Wii aswell as the GC was a bit powerfull than a PS2, even if most of the console "power" was dedicated to the control system.
But it was the time were TV was on 1366x768, and Wii got a 480p option with the progressive scan for the time, no aliasing (or not flashy) etc.

Wii was a great success too and the game was pretty well sold so they couldn't just put behind the quality of that console. That version was a completely other approach to play a football game : and if you want my opinion it's perhaps not the funniest but the one you got the more control.

Also how we Champion's road with the system of cards (nothing related to FUT : it was improving players cards) and for example, 2 card to unlock one, and that one with another card may unlock another was very entertaining to upgrade your players.
Didn't remember if you could've edit kits but i didn't carried at the time.

Well i never though than 2013 version was so nicely made. Also, you could've play like a "normal" PES with the Wii classic Controller or a Gamecube one
For a moment i hesitated to brough it instead of a PS2... But the price are far too high. And the issue was even in hardest difficulty, it was so free that there was not too much challenge... But i would love to play it online. Where the Wii was in my home there wasn't no place for an RJ45.

NOTE/ On the vid you see the "PS2/usual" system to play : it's played with a classic controller, there's no arrows etc. But the real potential was with the WII system. But it was great you could've play both.

Last edited:
What is it at 08:21 & 11:34 ? Is that duel camera on efootball from 20 years ago ? 🤔

This game has great atmosphere. The chants, shouting coach, also i notice a bit if you tackle the player really hard you could also hear its screaming like in new gen, there's also some cutscenes that i didnt found in pes. Look at small details like moving camera, it's not exist in pes 3-6 am i right ? unbelievabe this was from 20 years ago

What is it at 08:21 & 11:34 ? Is that duel camera on efootball from 20 years ago ? 🤔

This game has great atmosphere. The chants, shouting coach, also i notice a bit if you tackle the player really hard you could also hear its screaming like in new gen, there's also some cutscenes that i didnt found in pes. Look at small details like moving camera, it's not exist in pes 3-6 am i right ? unbelievabe this was from 20 years ago

I think the KCEO games have always done those little details better than KCET games. More life to the presentation as well.

And the coin toss... Just bring it back already.

02:51 : Look at that cutscene with the coach
04:50 : Hear that song & stadium announcer after scoring goal
15:48 : Holy, look at that detail of offside line. The offside line is following the last defender, now here compare with pes next gen

For those who want to translate players' names WS Winning Eleven 2010 Aoki Samurai No Chousen released before WC 2010 PS2
( PES/WE 2010 + updated database) (similar to WE 10 (J) edition)

This are the db files in 0_text

1664838008934.png

To open the files in the editor:

50 > 41
44 > 47
46 > 48
49 > 49
53 > 50

SLPM_552.58 > SLPM_665.95

1664838110696.png

https://mega.nz/file/DWA0UKwZ#pGbHQI1Oag_yzQU9zNvTzRQghnwq06YUVNuxpMvA2PU (source: winningeleven-games.com)

Finally, of course, you need to rename the generated files with their original number and import them to DKZ

1664838500308.png

For those who want to translate players' names WS Winning Eleven 2010 Aoki Samurai No Chousen released before WC 2010 PS2
( PES/WE 2010 + updated database) (similar to WE 10 (J) edition)

This are the db files in 0_text

View attachment 180595

To open the files in the editor:

50 > 41
44 > 47
46 > 48
49 > 49
53 > 50

SLPM_552.58 > SLPM_665.95

View attachment 180596

https://mega.nz/file/DWA0UKwZ#pGbHQI1Oag_yzQU9zNvTzRQghnwq06YUVNuxpMvA2PU (source: winningeleven-games.com)

Finally, of course, you need to rename the generated files with their original number and import them to DKZ

View attachment 180597
Sorry guys, it seems that it doesn't change anything.

I will keep the post in case someone want to try a test

Does anyone here know how to change the font on WE8LE?

I tried changing all the .fnt files in 0_TEXT but it’s not working. It’s very strange because you can change the font on WE8 for PC and I was able to change the font in WE9 on PS2 by replacing two files. But for some reason it’s not working on WE8LE.

Guys on PES 2017 PC when we import logos with ingame editor for the fake teams the logos are in low quality...I think on Playstation when you add logos they are in high quality... What i am doing wrong?

Edit: i found a Korea version of WE9 here. I don't know what's the difference : probably the same but with Korea challenge instead of Japanese challenge :

https://archive.org/details/winning-eleven-9
Click on "ISO" image. I'm curious about the roster, never heard of that version.
Really curious to see what you can find in this one! Haven't downloaded it yet, what leagues/teams does it contain bro?

Guys, a few quick questions. I'd like to uninstall PESEdit patch from my PES 2010 (Having some trouble with assigned stadiums), but would only like to delete the patch without having to reinstall the game.

1664961991948.png

1. How do I uninstall only the patch?
2. What are some nice alternatives to PES 2010 PESEdit patch? (preferably with second divisions).

Thanks in advance. :TU:

Last edited:
To me when playing the latest iterations of PES, i never get the feeling of every match is different at all, after a while it just feels the same, those ps1 and ps2 titles were just in a league of their own, there was never ai cheating or speeding up the game and feeling that ur not in control in any match, they are just better titles tbh, i cannot come back to pes 21 , it just doesn t give me the feeling of pes 4 5 6

What are some nice alternatives to PES 2010 PESEdit patch? (preferably with second divisions).
Ok guys so basically I uninstalled the patch and added PES 2010 Smoke Patch but now I'm having a different issue. Incorrect kits for some teams, including the one I want to play with: Sheffield Wednesday.

1665005238471.png1665005286791.png1665005360242.png

I really don't understand what's happening. The kit is correctly designed in kitserver, the team map is there, but the kits are shown wrong.

Wondering what could be happening here? Any help would be appreciated bros, thanks.

Last edited:
Ok guys so basically I uninstalled the patch and added PES 2010 Smoke Patch but now I'm having a different issue. Incorrect kits for some teams, including the one I want to play with: Sheffield Wednesday.

View attachment 181046View attachment 181047View attachment 181048

I really don't understand what's happening. The kit is correctly designed in kitserver, the team map is there, but the kits are shown wrong.

Wondering what could be happening here? Any help would be appreciated bros, thanks.
Probably need to clear

Documents\KONAMI\Pro Evolution Soccer 2010\save\

And then re-attaching the kitserver

To me when playing the latest iterations of PES, i never get the feeling of every match is different at all, after a while it just feels the same, those ps1 and ps2 titles were just in a league of their own, there was never ai cheating or speeding up the game and feeling that ur not in control in any match, they are just better titles tbh, i cannot come back to pes 21 , it just doesn t give me the feeling of pes 4 5 6
Very true.

I was just playing WE8LE the other night with a great patch by Team Reefur. It was so fantastic to play. For me better than nearly all of the modern releases of PES and FIFA. WE8LE together with WE9LE are for me the pinnacle of the franchise.

I was fixing a couple of bugs and updating the translation for the patch and may release it in a few days once complete.

Not for me. Different representions, already said but nothing comparable vs a bigger pitch, tons of algorithm in more, 360 degree movements, bar for passes, a big ETC.

It really depends what you're calling "different goals" because in terms of trajectory, tricks, again much more advanced Engine : i don't feel that much the "similitude". When we played on PS2, we got exactly the same case as, at first, goals/chance creations looked different at each games.
Then it became more and more a normality, each goal seemed not similar but very lookalike, especially on VS.

Now, to be honest since i restart to play retro : i got the same feeling as "never the same goal" (except CPU, their pattern are effective but a bit repetitive too).
BUT the one where i got less that feeling on PS2, is PES 2008 and even more JL2008. Because they added algorithm to the ball, rebounds, etc. are awesome.
I think, after playing it, than WE2008 is more like JL2008. The "PES 7 or 2008" games are probably the best season version. I replay PES 5, still like it, but i found it repetitive. BUT just in comparison to 2008.

Also the PS360PC version is great with the Teamvision for CPU. Issues : animations are reworked but transformed in "too rigid" as players looks standing like a Stick. They should've keept the PES 6 X360 version for animations : transitions are better. But the game suffered from what we were waiting for. It was Next Gen, they realease an old gen engine with HD and all graphisms reworked. That's not AT ALL what we were waiting for.

Now, you take the game appart like we already said without taking the era, just the game for what it is (a PES PS2 HD with revamped graphisms, Teamvision etc. which makes more and more difficult the CPU vs your own pattern) and you got a pretty game, like a remake. People who are waiting a PES 5 or 6 remake : there's PES 2008 PCS360 :)

Personally i really think PES on PS4, for approximatively each versions, did a very nice job with Fox.
Whatever you can think about it, but from my experience PES 2021 is the most complete and various of all version. But we play with an erzatz of it (PES 2020/Same graphisms, even not the same animations etc.) a prequel with more or less the overall feeling (PES 2019) since for fuck sake, 2018, 5 years!
Too, too much. Well, to me as i didn't played that much 2020, and 2021 but stopped and retried after the EFootball fail... I'm not too bored of that game... Well "not too", which mean i can't stand to see always the same presentation, also the same gameplan since 2014 etc.

I personally would want something else and found the game annoying after all that time. A switch was really needed.
And they did a very nice job from PES 3 to 6.
But every single game, too much played, become annoying and you can't change completely your playing style neither to get another vision of that game.

@marqisspes6 @millossobek about the WE9 Korean version : absolutely nothing is different in game, i don't know if there's a korean PS2 model or something like this, but except the save "SLKA" K for korea, there's absolutely no difference, except ID i believe.

I managed to put the save from the Japanese version by changing name everything was okay, but when i reset a player he's super tiny and bald like a Dummy lol, probably because the ID's are different. Both games got exactly the same size, don't search why there's a Korean version weirdly more easy to found now than the jap version lol, it's a mystery to me.

In counterpart, there's a JLWE9 korean version i can't found anywhere, and the difference is the Korean Challenge for WC instead of J-League.
I believe if i'm right that the name is "KLWE9". I saw vids on youtube with a base copy of the name in Korean lol. Yes, that one is different. Don't think at all that rosters are different through : but probably instead of the JAPAN section, they replaced it with KOREA version with Korean players playing in others teams than in game ;)

But whatever, the game is in japanese, and no patchs planned on it (that's why Fernando's V5 didn't worked) and too rare that i don't even know if Fernando's was aware or it. Just converting his Japanese and some names (Japan lines > Korean lines) and it's done.

Edit : i also love WE8LE. I place it more or less on the same position as JL2007 in terms of gameplay style, it was the biggest transformation from a not very good version such as WE8/PES4 to something pretty well balanced and completely bug free from the old version (there's probably bugs, but not the one in PES 4)

As an editor i would like to restore all those versions, to my taste and errors corrections. But i can't. So i'll pass for that version and say "fuck, whatever the errors, let's imagine those players aren't like the real ones" lol

Last edited:
@marqisspes6 @millossobek about the WE9 Korean version : absolutely nothing is different in game, i don't know if there's a korean PS2 model or something like this, but except the save "SLKA" K for korea, there's absolutely no difference, except ID i believe.

I managed to put the save from the Japanese version by changing name everything was okay, but when i reset a player he's super tiny and bald like a Dummy lol, probably because the ID's are different. Both games got exactly the same size, don't search why there's a Korean version weirdly more easy to found now than the jap version lol, it's a mystery to me.

In counterpart, there's a JLWE9 korean version i can't found anywhere, and the difference is the Korean Challenge for WC instead of J-League.
I believe if i'm right that the name is "KLWE9". I saw vids on youtube with a base copy of the name in Korean lol. Yes, that one is different. Don't think at all that rosters are different through : but probably instead of the JAPAN section, they replaced it with KOREA version with Korean players playing in others teams than in game ;)

But whatever, the game is in japanese, and no patchs planned on it (that's why Fernando's V5 didn't worked) and too rare that i don't even know if Fernando's was aware or it. Just converting his Japanese and some names (Japan lines > Korean lines) and it's done.

Edit : i also love WE8LE. I place it more or less on the same position as JL2007 in terms of gameplay style, it was the biggest transformation from a not very good version such as WE8/PES4 to something pretty well balanced and completely bug free from the old version (there's probably bugs, but not the one in PES 4)

As an editor i would like to restore all those versions, to my taste and errors corrections. But i can't. So i'll pass for that version and say "fuck, whatever the errors, let's imagine those players aren't like the real ones" lol

have you check the quantity of files on the afs files? that maybe a whole different story, probably it has more commentary/callnames as for the KL WE9 AC i have it, i think that @Shales share it with me, i will search the link

Back
Top Bottom