The Retro-PES Corner

@marqisspes6 i'm re-working on my first project : PES 5 option file with summer transfers (all the others got winter transfers, and not Konami stats as they're old)
There's still work, but you will probably like it. As you said you planned to do something on PES 5... Up to you to use it if that's what you're searching.

Personally as i play on PS2 i will add first League logos, i don't have a pack with real teams logos higher resolution for PS2 (but i can extract those from WE9 patch i got, the issue is some colors aren't great) and about kits, a bit too hard to add real kits on that version so...

It was a version for both PS2 with a small patch and PC for basis. I took stats from later PES title as i'm conservative but i up or tone them down, i installed tons of FM for it. Also a lot of remade faces, errors correct and /as a +/ stats from the end of the season as some are very outdated in comparison to WE10. PES was always a year late about stats, i wanted to resolve it.

So it's an O.F. "like it should have been if the game was licenced", i prefers to keep original teams than replace them with 05-06 Champion's league, also added Boca JR and River Plate for example.
Better for ML as there's a lot of future stars and good players. I will made two version one with basic ML player, the second will be with ML replaced by real players for those who using match mode (but also playable if you don't like fake ML players: it will be a small team but not as bad as ML player. Didn't already worked on it but i will try to found some "counterparts" ;) )

I would love to add some new stuff into pes5/we9/le for future patchs, stuff like fixing the issue with some fake player, the issue of the shop + classic players (so we can use them no matter what), Japanese+ Korean player salary, add more teams + players, 26 player on national teams, maybe fix some other stuff related to the ai or gameplay (i don't know too much of this)

Well, being completely ignorant about the matter (but planning to do something with PES 5 or 6 sooner or later)... Which issue with fake players?
is there something I need to know if I want to edit an OF from scratch?
I did one for PES 6 back in 2009 or 2010 but I never did anything particular about fake players.

Well, being completely ignorant about the matter (but planning to do something with PES 5 or 6 sooner or later)... Which issue with fake players?
I did one for PES 6 back in 2009 or 2010 but I never did anything particular about fake players.

At least on pes5 i guess it goes on for some other pes ps2 games, some players dont appear on ML those are called fake players, which if im not wrong some of them are used to replace like licenses for example Germany player

I would love to add some new stuff into pes5/we9/le for future patchs, stuff like fixing the issue with some fake player, the issue of the shop + classic players (so we can use them no matter what), Japanese+ Korean player salary, add more teams + players, 26 player on national teams, maybe fix some other stuff related to the ai or gameplay (i don't know too much of this)
Well, it's linked to the core so pretty hard to change, good luck for that mate i hope you will success.
If you can do it : you could for every version then, it would be a big "restore" from those version pushing ML to something great.
I don't know if it's impossible or people never carred about. But after 20 years of "nothing", people should have tried before.

I just know that there's tricks, i may use them, but it block others things. Like using a player to replace Korean and Japanese 350 points : i figured out that those removed players don't appears on ML anymore. So you just have to replace them, not especially by their counterpart.

To me : the best way is, if possible, create new ID for them, made a base copy on the new players, then suscribe them to those NT (base copy on any player : he won't got any hidden stats). On newer PES you can create ID, there's a range. But i figured out than IDs change from a PES to another... So i got no idea how to assign a "good real" ID

Learned it some days ago while testing about the fact they disappears once they're free agents.

Players in PES 6 on other league C for example, are like "fake players", that's those players he's talking about.
And their value are VERY low. So every PES 6 or above you played with Bundes was like "the wrong thing". Player created over them who cost normally 850 will cost 100 more or less. So, all team will rush on Bundes if you select them for ML. I saw gk with "1" points lol, it's common. And you can check for example in every PES patch : that issue is not corrected. And to me, an ML without German teams... No. I can also replace Eredivisie but there's too much hidden gems on it.

I found a trick which need patience (replacing them with Classics and unlockables players : there's enough for Bundes... I believe) . The issue with PES 2008 for example, every players unlocked appears. Yes or No about "Classic/Hidden players", it's a bug.
As i will replace them in my future project (if i still got the envy to do it), i will base copy the Classics on it. So you can't open that section or you will got Maradona at 250 points etc.

But i will check on WE2008 if the "yes" or "no" does effect, if yes one problem could be resolved.
Many things seems different (presentation with the stars like on PC, 6 stars difficulty which aren't on PES 2008 EU/US etc.). I just need to unlock one player, there's no editor so needs to do 3 games lol.

That's pretty annoying as i choosen it as one of the 2 "final PS2 version" which i will play only, with PES 5. As that version is my PS2 favourite and many versions aren't that much playable for me in 2023, neither 2015, i want an accurate database for it. The reason why i can't play ML anymore is now i'm aware of all the database errors and ML issues.

At least on pes5 i guess it goes on for some other pes ps2 games, some players dont appear on ML those are called fake players, which if im not wrong some of them are used to replace like licenses for example Germany player
Ah you talk about those ones? It's better that they don't appears in ML. You got nothing to do with it. Don't make them playable lol, there's already too much players to edit.
Others league C issue is much more important, for PES 6 fans aswell as PC PES 2008 to PES 201X (no idea if on PES 2011 PC there's the same issue with fake players PEU league, i don't believe)

No, you have to won something to unlock teams like in ISS Pro and also won hidden players by winning ML, and some other things i believe.
Europe with Holland > Holland Classics etc.
PES-Shop is gone on 2008-09-10, i don't remember if you can buy things in PES 2011-13 through.

Luckily you can buy things again in 11-12. In 13 I'm not sure, there isn't an extra content option and Classic Teams should be unlocked from the get go.. no idea if you buy the rest from some other option somewhere else, will check sooner or later.

Hate with a passion Pes Shop was gone in those chapters tho. Would have really loved some classic players for my current 2008 campaign with older dudes.. the way I'm playing makes no sense that I have first to win things and have them later. But it is what is I guess..

Players in PES 6 on other league C for example, are like "fake players", that's those players he's talking about.
And their value are VERY low. So every PES 6 or above you played with Bundes was like "the wrong thing". Player created over them who cost normally 850 will cost 100 more or less. So, all team will rush on Bundes if you select them for ML. I saw gk with "1" points lol, it's common. And you can check for example in every PES patch : that issue is not corrected. And to me, an ML without German teams... No. I can also replace Eredivisie but there's too much hidden gems on it.
Oh, I see what you mean. It's a matter of teams or a matter of IDs?
If it's a matter of IDs, well... Maybe one could spread those players across the other leagues and use them for, well, either youngsters or (most likely) seasoned players that are past their prime and that are set for retirement in a year or two.
Here's hoping their regens don't share the same problem of course (but hey... Regens/respawned players are wrong anyway so it would just make them even more wrong if possible).

Could it be that if a player has two versions (maybe he's licensed in his club team but not in his NT) only the licensed version of him appears?
If so, it would make sense... Of course for how the original game was conceived.
It doesn't make any sense anymore if we overwrite fake players with real ones of course.

One thing that i would absolutely love is if it was possible to somehow create an option file from a current ML. So that all the stat changes and transfers are included.

That way you could load up the new option file and start a new ML with a different team. Then it would be as if you have just changed teams throughout your ML career.

I really wish that was possible. Obviously PES2008 would be the preference :P

One thing that i would absolutely love is if it was possible to somehow create an option file from a current ML. So that all the stat changes and transfers are included.

That way you could load up the new option file and start a new ML with a different team. Then it would be as if you have just changed teams throughout your ML career.

I really wish that was possible. Obviously PES2008 would be the preference :P
It's incredible, I was thinking the exact same thing today lol. Would be a more than decent surrogate to a change club feature!

I scored a nice flip-flap goal with Ronaldinho last night. It is a shame my capture missed the actual gameplay part. I was just testing somethings out so I wasn’t prepared for a capture. This is on WE10LE.

The flip-flap always looks so good when it comes off.

Ah you talk about those ones? It's better that they don't appears in ML. You got nothing to do with it. Don't make them playable lol, there's already too much players to edit.
Others league C issue is much more important, for PES 6 fans aswell as PC PES 2008 to PES 201X (no idea if on PES 2011 PC there's the same issue with fake players PEU league, i don't believe)

Well if we do manage to get more teams... Then we need more players hahaha

Oh, I see what you mean. It's a matter of teams or a matter of IDs?
If it's a matter of IDs, well... Maybe one could spread those players across the other leagues and use them for, well, either youngsters or (most likely) seasoned players that are past their prime and that are set for retirement in a year or two.
Here's hoping their regens don't share the same problem of course (but hey... Regens/respawned players are wrong anyway so it would just make them even more wrong if possible).

Could it be that if a player has two versions (maybe he's licensed in his club team but not in his NT) only the licensed version of him appears?
If so, it would make sense... Of course for how the original game was conceived.
It doesn't make any sense anymore if we overwrite fake players with real ones of course.

Im not really that much illuminated into that topic but @Fabri55 knows a little more about the so called fake players

Hey retro pes-heads, great as always to see these games still getting attention round these parts, I still play the classics regularly on my PC. Right now I am having a bit of fun messing about with ps2 emulation and discovering the hidden gems, and I've come to Winning Eleven 6: Final Evolution...

Is there an English patch available anywhere with an untouched database? The only things I'm finding have had teams edited, players don't seem to match and it's a bit messy. I'm kind of after the authentic PES experience, would love to try an ML on this game with its unique format. @vialli82 I am seeing that you are looking for this too I assume you have not found anything?
I know there is a translator tool that appears to be in Spanish and after some initial investigations it doesn't seem straight forward which I guess is not a surprise. I just long to play an ML with Toscana 💜.

Separately to this and while I am here, any tips to get PES playing as nice as possible with PCSX2? I can get it completely smooth but with screen tearing. Any form of Vsync to eliminate the tearing causes intermittent slowdown. I can deal with the tearing if needed, I know PES is a bit fussy but would love to know if anyone has managed to get it running perfect.

Hey retro pes-heads, great as always to see these games still getting attention round these parts, I still play the classics regularly on my PC. Right now I am having a bit of fun messing about with ps2 emulation and discovering the hidden gems, and I've come to Winning Eleven 6: Final Evolution...

Is there an English patch available anywhere with an untouched database? The only things I'm finding have had teams edited, players don't seem to match and it's a bit messy. I'm kind of after the authentic PES experience, would love to try an ML on this game with its unique format. @vialli82 I am seeing that you are looking for this too I assume you have not found anything?
I know there is a translator tool that appears to be in Spanish and after some initial investigations it doesn't seem straight forward which I guess is not a surprise. I just long to play an ML with Toscana 💜.

You sound just like me. I'm okay with translations and correct names but leave it there! I want Fiorentina in WE6FE, even with the fake players they have (I'm not sure if you knew that, but they have fictional players because it was during their bankruptcy).

I'm on the lookout for this too. I thought I found one a while ago but it crashes. There's another out there that purports to be a straight translation but it's not. For starters, Chievo replace Fiorentina.

I did ask in here, if anyone could or could show me how to take a translation out of a patch and apply only it and only it to a clean ISO, and I ask it again. 😄

If you find one please let me know, as I will you!

You sound just like me. I'm okay with translations and correct names but leave it there! I want Fiorentina in WE6FE, even with the fake players they have (I'm not sure if you knew that, but they have fictional players because it was during their bankruptcy).
Oh wow, I knew about their bankruptcy and refounding around that time (didn’t they also skip a league on their way back up? Lol), I assumed that was why Chievo replaced them on 3 but didn’t yet realise they have fake players on we6, that’s really interesting!

Great and not surprising that there’s others that want their retro pes exactly as it was. I mean no disrespect to a lot of the incredible modding work that people on this forum and elsewhere do of course, there’s some great stuff out there. I’ve always just preferred playing the master leagues as they were though. Of course it’s nostalgia talking but it also just seems to make sense with the way the ML is structured on these earlier games.

I looked more into the translator tool but it’s very confusing and isn’t helped that the excel tab with the instructions on it is locked and password protected. Instructions in Spanish and because of lock I can’t even copy/paste into google translate to see what it is saying :DOH:. Feel like it might also be quite out of date/no longer working anyway, and is probably above my skill level to work out. Plus time is a factor, don’t have loads of it.

I will certainly post in here if I ever find one and in the meantime hope that someone finds it before me!

Last edited:
boom-mind-blown.gif

What the fuck I had no idea hahaha. Surely cause I've always played the "tainted" WEDOIT version.

Now a challenge with the fake Fiorentina guys it's mandatory!

2022.09.24-12.19.png

I mean.. Rorschach? Seriously 😅 ?

Oh wow, I knew about their bankruptcy and refounding around that time (didn’t they also skip a league on their way back up? Lol), I assumed that was why Chievo replaced them on 3 but didn’t yet realise they have fake players on we6, that’s really interesting!

Great and not surprising that there’s others that want their retro pes exactly as it was. I mean no disrespect to a lot of the incredible modding work that people on this forum and elsewhere do of course, there’s some great stuff out there. I’ve always just preferred playing the master leagues as they were though. Of course it’s nostalgia talking but it also just seems to make sense with the way the ML is structured on these earlier games.

I looked more into the translator tool but it’s very confusing and isn’t helped that the excel tab with the instructions on it is locked and password protected. Instructions in Spanish and because of lock I can’t even copy/paste into google translate to see what it is saying 🫠. Feel like it might also be quite out of date/no longer working anyway, and is probably above my skill level to work out. Plus time is a factor, don’t have loads of it.

I will certainly post in here if I ever find one and in the meantime hope that someone finds it before me!

Everything's rosy (violety?) in WE6 but by the time FE comes around it's all to shit in Florence!

Totally in agreement with mods/patches. I've tried and enjoyed plenty (one of the beautiful things about retro - it's so easy to try things through emulation etc) and I'm in awe of the work but if I'm playing a Master League (shameless plug) or something I want real names, kits and badges tops. I'm also a control freak and purist to an obsessive degree, to the point where I can't play a game with sliders/gameplay adjustments because as far as I'm concerned I'm then not playing the game anymore. Oh how I wish I wasn't like that...

I tried and failed with that translator tool too a couple of years ago. I did translate names 'by hand' in an option file which I can dig out?

I'd absolutely love it if someone could show me how to do a translation because I want to learn more about editing the PS2 games. Budding lecturers apply within.

View attachment 179262

What the fuck I had no idea hahaha. Surely cause I've always played the "tainted" WEDOIT version.

Now a challenge with the fake Fiorentina guys it's mandatory!

View attachment 179265

I mean.. Rorschach? Seriously 😅 ?

Aye some of the names are wild. And I think it's the WeDoIt one that's often pitched as a clean translation. They might as well have translated it then kicked me in the bollocks.

As an aside, Fiorentina is a good team to pick in CM 01/02 with the .68 database, for a rebuild.

Everything's rosy (violety?) in WE6 but by the time FE comes around it's all to shit in Florence!

Totally in agreement with mods/patches. I've tried and enjoyed plenty (one of the beautiful things about retro - it's so easy to try things through emulation etc) and I'm in awe of the work but if I'm playing a Master League (shameless plug) or something I want real names, kits and badges tops. I'm also a control freak and purist to an obsessive degree, to the point where I can't play a game with sliders/gameplay adjustments because as far as I'm concerned I'm then not playing the game anymore. Oh how I wish I wasn't like that...

I tried and failed with that translator tool too a couple of years ago. I did translate names 'by hand' in an option file which I can dig out?

I'd absolutely love it if someone could show me how to do a translation because I want to learn more about editing the PS2 games. Budding lecturers apply within.
I can certainly relate to your point on gameplay adjustments as well. Especially when it comes to ML it's like I get put off and lose interest if I am not playing the game as the developers intended. I don't know why either really; I kind of wish I wasn't so obsessive with it too!

If you do find that OF and it's not too much trouble for you to upload i'd certainly give it a download. Also the YouTube channel looks very cool, i'll sub!

Well if we do manage to get more teams... Then we need more players hahaha

Im not really that much illuminated into that topic but @Fabri55 knows a little more about the so called fake players
If we talk about pes 5 duplicate players, I renamed "FAKE" all those players who can't appear in master league mode.

I don't know much about pes 6 fake players. I remember that we can't modify youngsters, because it could create issues in master league mode. But I didn't test that thing.

Back
Top Bottom