The Retro-PES Corner

Yes, he is a forward. I play with the default formation (a little modified), I am terrible when I play with 4-3-3. I use Simo to take the ball from point A to point B on the pitch in a flash.

-------------Merosi---------------
Jano--------Otto------Gobatto--
-----Chierici---Hruska------------
Stella------------------------------
-------------Pavia-----------Simo
------Kittie--------Lawson--------

I'm a fan of asymmetrical formations :)

Btw, what happened to your YT channel, I wasn't able to find it?

I'm terrible when I play with a back three. šŸ˜„

Kinda hit reset on the YouTube channel. Hopefully it'll reappear soon. Maybe very soon - I'm working on something right now...šŸ‘€

Hello, I have a question. From some third party apps and by steam db I can access Pes16 my club , pes 17 trial edition and pes 18 demo version in steam . But I can't get access of pes 19 lite or demo, efootball 20 & 21 lite version from steam . In the previous games steam cilent page will open and I can download but after pes 19 store page is opening but i can't download demo or lite version. Can anyone help me in this to get the lite version from steam . As I don't want to get pirated version.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I was wondering if there was any way to export PS2 option files and convert them to PC?

Im specifically thinking of a J-League Winning Eleven 9 Asia Championship conversion to PES 5.. Sometimes I feel like JLWE9AC, even though it's an amazing game, is a bit too tough to play in terms of scoring goals, a lot of 0-0 games even at 4 star difficulty for me, so I think it'd be nice to try to play with these rosters (which includes J-League 1 and 2, KLeague, and many other Asian teams), but with PES 5 engine (or maybe a different gameplay like livewire).

Last edited:
I've tried, but never got far, its quite too much work on the db related and i actually wanted to do a really good work, wanted to do an updated pes5/we9 patch, but decided to leave the project maybe for some other time

Hahaha thanks a lot mate, just trying to give the community what they deserve
If you can figure out a way to get stadium server working on PES 4 I'll actually send you both my kidneys in the post

If you can figure out a way to get stadium server working on PES 4 I'll actually send you both my kidneys in the post

I tried with kitserver4 but it doesn't have the whole thing like kitserver5 sadly, there's not the thing like modules, if i ever go deep into that project will be because I've got bored of doing things hahaha, and a stadium server afs (ps2 like) will be way too much work too and a whole re structure of the game files, not so easy like face/hair server that i did

HI guys, it would mean a lot if anyone could point me towards any decent we9le patch ? i can also play vanilla but i just want English texts. Geezer patch doenst seem to help with the exe, the screen keeps flickering and i never get into the game.

HI guys, it would mean a lot if anyone could point me towards any decent we9le patch ? i can also play vanilla but i just want English texts. Geezer patch doenst seem to help with the exe, the screen keeps flickering and i never get into the game.
Did you check the "kserv" , i forgot how it's called. Maybe it has forced/inner resolution , much larger than your PC/monitor resolution.

Someone asked on one of the other threads the best way to play CPU v CPU so that they are less boring. My answer is just play PES2008 on the PS2!

I just put on Man City v Man United CPU v CPU to test out my new option file / iso and I managed to record the last 10 mins of the game. Unfortunately not all the goals were included in the highlights at the end (which was the plan) and not only that, I pressed the wrong button (because using the keyboard card) during the highlights so it cut the rest of the goals out anyway. :( The best one was Bruno Fernandes side bicycle kick which I have never seen before on 2008, not one that goes in, I really wish I recorded it as it is the best CPU goal I have seen in this game. Basically because it was not just a normal 'let me randomly try this bicycle kick' instead it was a 'this is the only way this shot is going in' type of bicycle kick because it was on the side of the penalty area and went into the other top corner of the goal. A thing of beauty.

Anyway please enjoy what I did record. :)

PS I muted the sound so that you cannot hear my giggling with the combination of a covid cough. Not very pleasant to the ears :D

Last edited:
View attachment 178594
Any fix for this ? Even internal resolution fix didnā€™t work. Hate those edges, wish there was a widescreen fix. Edit: its we9lek geezer
Is it from a modded PES 6 or PES 2010 ? Because players doesn't seems streched (well, looking too long)
I remember having an issue with some 4:3 games, but never with a 16/9.

Edit: Deleted post above

I remember how i resolved the issue : i got to change the thing "Cinema/Standard/Dynamic" etc. and the thing which was greyed i needed "fit the resolution to the screen size" well in french, resolved it. Before, there was part of the screen erased upper and lower.

I don't know otherwise, but games are in reality in 8/7 and not 4/3 if they're made in japan. That's why some ball pictures may looks oval on older PES... Like when you put the game in 50hz. You will got an higher resolution, but 50 fps instead of 60.

But they fixed the size later whatever you choose 50/60 hz, on PES 2008 it's the same for example (PES 6 too) but PES 5 from what i remember it made it streched. I need to take pictures and measure about it, as PCSX2 keep the "original" resolution whatever the stuff you choose.

Edit just saw you edited (we9lek geezer), i'm sorry but if it's about edge around the screen, i don't see the problem lol, looks normal to me. But if it's on the pitch, i got no idea what's wrong in comparison to what you have on your PC screen.

Last edited:
Just one hidden Gem, i wanted to post here before i saw Silver post.

I don't know if you played it (there's iso with all translated :
Instead of EU and US version which was out before WC98, that one was out when the rosters were settled from France 98. so easy to correct, just checking the number (i recorrected some names as there were typing, but not all ftm). There's a french translation.

It's not a copy paste, there's one or two new mode and some changes..

Winning Eleven 3 Final Version.
It's probably the best ISS PRO before evolution, and there's even stuffs on it which aren't on ISS Pro.
The Camera by default got angles for more immersion. I recommand you to try it : to me it's the funniest ISS PRO i played. Not the better of course, as they're Evolution version.

There's 23 players by teams too instead of 16 or 18 (don't remember) fro ISS PRO 98 Euro or US.
EDIT: like the previous version, you can change the game speed, and by default it's settled by 5% more. I believe it's on 30 points and the default is 18 points or something like that. Much enjoyable when you settle it to 15 points, less frantic ;)

Also i see a lot of "WE2002 is the best" but to me it's exactly the same as ISS PRO EVO 2.
With the same issue regarding easy 1-2 uncorrected. So why is that game is "better"? I know it's the same rosters as WE6FE

@geeeeee about PES 2008 and JL2008, i think the bad reputation for PES 2008 "next-gen" plays a lot on it.
But they have no idea what they're missing.

Probably, and objectively, the best/most complete and balanced action-football PES PS2 ever. The one with the better controls and the most variety.
Well JL2008 seems even more polished but i ain't sure. And WE2008 got the 6 stars difficulty, and was out after, perhaps even retouched a bit...

I'm pretty sure the gameplay is based on PES 6 X360 as the game was very lookalike to PES 2008 PS2. Better than PES 6 PS2 vanilla, just from vids you can see it (nothing too fast or quick, good placement in defence and more effectiveness so > more midfield etc.)

Last edited:
View attachment 178594
Any fix for this ? Even internal resolution fix didnā€™t work. Hate those edges, wish there was a widescreen fix. Edit: its we9lek geezer

Yes it is, open kload.cfg and put your resolution values, check the kitserver5 manual and you will understand what i mean, there are two lines related to resolution

@vialli82 just a question out of curiosity, have you played we10le or even pes2007? (Which one is pes6 korean, the other pes6 but ntsc) some people said its a better version of pes6, not sure if better than pes2008, but just asking, im not a fan of pes6 if im honest...
Lol, kinda ironic when i see your username.

I played CPU v CPU again tonight, Man U v Man C. Another excellent game. Here are the brief highlights, how good is Laporteā€™s 90th minute winner? šŸ˜³

@vialli82 just a question out of curiosity, have you played we10le or even pes2007? (Which one is pes6 korean, the other pes6 but ntsc) some people said its a better version of pes6, not sure if better than pes2008, but just asking, im not a fan of pes6 if im honest...
I tried WE10LE yes, and it's... PES6 but FASTER lol, i could'n't follow the rythm. Too fast. I erased it directly after 3 games (no more needed, after a PES 6 retry.
I didn't talked about it. But it's sad as they got some new facebuild... But weird as it's between PES 6 360, PES 2008, JL2007... But arcade version.

Edit:
Try it, and told me what you think about it. If you don't have i'll share. BTW i wasn't even aware that version existed, same as KLWE9AC (Same as JLWE9AC) but instead of Japan campaign it's Korean campaign for World cup. The game is totally unfoundable and there's zero translation in any other language than Korean.

WE2007 is exactly the same as PES 6, just out in the same time but it was the name for "International" like WE8 International : PES 4 no more, no less.

I tried WE10LE yes, and it's... PES6 but FASTER lol, i could'n't follow the rythm. Too fast. I erased it directly after 3 games (no more needed, after a PES 6 retry.
I didn't talked about it. But it's sad as they got some new facebuild... But weird as it's between PES 6 360, PES 2008, JL2007... But arcade version.

Edit:
Try it, and told me what you think about it. If you don't have i'll share. BTW i wasn't even aware that version existed, same as KLWE9AC (Same as JLWE9AC) but instead of Japan campaign it's Korean campaign for World cup. The game is totally unfoundable and there's zero translation in any other language than Korean.

WE2007 is exactly the same as PES 6, just out in the same time but it was the name for "International" like WE8 International : PES 4 no more, no less.

Sounds pretty good then :LOL:

Yes, probably the weirdest try and surprise i got on every PES/WE i tested.

I got no idea if the patch translation/conversion was the issue, i don't think as the sound seemed correct not accelerated. But it's pretty abnormal. An anomaly to me.
Whatever, can't play in Korean even if English patch fucked up so a game to forgot for me. It was erased from my memory until @marqisspes6 mentioned it

I tried WE10LE yes, and it's... PES6 but FASTER lol, i could'n't follow the rythm. Too fast. I erased it directly after 3 games
I found the IA better than PES 6, when attacking and defending. There's more standing tackles for it, better offensive choices

I wish the developpers made the choice to set the IA attitude for PES 6, like they did it for WE 10 LE

didn't talked about it. But it's sad as they got some new facebuild.
Probably they were lazzy to add them for the known PES 6, and this is sad. I think after this new facebuild, Brazil national team had all their players with a preset face. Strange they didn't give Daniel Alves a preset face with the rest.

Yes, even some faces aren't in JL2007. Like if they worked separately (probably the case).
But as every players from Europe are real-fakes, and every J-League players got their preset...
Well, let's say it's more or less understandable, even if the game (JL2007) is more recent, at least the rosters. They got plenty of weird case like that.
Like i remember when i was doing transfers, players who were playing in J-League, with a preset (brasilian or japanese, J-league got tons of it) then the season or half-season after on another game he switch to a PES : his preset wasn't added.

I know there's a kind of separation between Europe and J-League players faces, but that's not a reason.
For example there were 2 Salzburg players and they were in the part BEFORE J-League, and when K-league was part of it (WE8AC too), don't remember their names but they're on JL2007 RBSalzburg. Well, mainly because they were linked with the Japan NT, they don't add all japanese faces for those who plays in Europe.

Yes it is, open kload.cfg and put your resolution values, check the kitserver5 manual and you will understand what i mean, there are two lines related to resolution
@Chilleverest and once you have the "run as administrator" issue, comeback to check this:

1) either just open notepad from start menu, right click/ run as admin, in the new notepad pick OPEN, open the kload.cfg

2) Or, open the kload, CTR+A, CTR+C, exit, create a new notepad document, open, CTR+V, change the values to your preferred, then save as and rename the file with same ne, kload.cfg, and then depending the stupid Windows limitations you have, you must find a way to replace the kload with your new created, which must have the same name . If you can delete the old, delete and them paste your own, if you get restrictions message while trying to paste/replace..

Back
Top Bottom