The Retro-PES Corner

Yep, he will be quite a presence as they say. The WAGs are already a bit freaked out. :SHOCK::SHOCK::SHOCK:

Gotta love freedom, democracy and rule of law in these little islands though, a request to fly a massive plastic pool toy over parliament would not get approved in most countries. :BY:

One thing that has been plaguing me,doesn’t really matter which game it is,is the time from when the ref blows for the cpu to take their free kick and when they kick it,rarely have time to get my tallest defender to guard the post before they shoot,and score,when I manage to do it,it often my shortest or one of the shortest dudes standing there.
Like having Warwick from life’s too short every time there:)

PES 6 Default Originals Challenge Season 2 Update

I won a game after six losses and two draws so far. Celnili and Harty as teenage re gens and Espinas and Macco are doing everything, this Playstation 2 version is pure evil, as the ball has some kind of distance limit on it for all passes, crosses, shots.:SICK::SICK::SICK:

First game on Pes 2010.
This game really feels like I remember Pes 6 on pc felt.
Obviously not the case,but I haven't played Pes 6 in years.
Compared to the other titles I'm playing (10-11-12-13) this game feels very old,a bit pacey and feels like 8 ways to move,just like Pes 6.
I like a lot,but I'd say I'd rather play 12/13 as my first choices.

The difference between 10&11 is monumental,both good but 11 feels like a modern game without modern game bs.

I'm probably gonna play it a lot coming year,right now I'll stick with 12-13 though

I was curious about how you got on with PES 2010. I saw you picture the other day of the (gorgeous) box art and I was nostalgically curious, so decided to give the demo a download on PC and gave it a whirl for a few (stingy quick demo)games.

Now, like you said it's closer to PES 5 & 6 mechanically then what we would eventually get with 11-13 but I'm pretty accustomed to Retro PES these days so it actually felt like a new lease of life to me. Smoother Animations, some pretty nice ball physics and satisfying shooting and even introduced 16 directions which cleverly gave you the impression of more freedom in dribbling and movement until we got 360 dribbling in the next game.

I haven't played '10 since 2010 as i quickly found the series stale at the time and didn't consider it memorable in hindsight compared to 2011-2013 but playing the demo, it's no where near as bad as i remember and if people still love PES5 - 6, than '10 certainly holds up by that logic.

Ordered a PC copy from CeX for £1.50 haha, so i'll give better feedback and gifs once I've played some longer, competitive matches and patched it.

I was curious about how you got on with PES 2010. I saw you picture the other day of the (gorgeous) box art and I was nostalgically curious, so decided to give the demo a download on PC and gave it a whirl for a few (stingy quick demo)games.

Now, like you said it's closer to PES 5 & 6 mechanically then what we would eventually get with 11-13 but I'm pretty accustomed to Retro PES these days so it actually felt like a new lease of life to me. Smoother Animations, some pretty nice ball physics and satisfying shooting and even introduced 16 directions which cleverly gave you the impression of more freedom in dribbling and movement until we got 360 dribbling in the next game.

I haven't played '10 since 2010 as i quickly found the series stale at the time and didn't consider it memorable in hindsight compared to 2011-2013 but playing the demo, it's no where near as bad as i remember and if people still love PES5 - 6, than '10 certainly holds up by that logic.

Ordered a PC copy from CeX for £1.50 haha, so i'll give better feedback and gifs once I've played some longer, competitive matches and patched it.
It's spot on,it's closer to Pes 6 than Pes 11,but I like it.
I find the older games (pre 11) being a bit more "honest"
Just finished a game on my 13 ML and I almost lost it due to the scripting,you know I score/they score thing.
Might try Pes 10 a bit more in the future.
It's a nice little game mate,and for 1,50 it's a no brainer:)
I gave €4 for my PS3 copy

That's the thing about it: while I agree that some of the retro-PES games are far from perfect - and particularly PES2010 can be too much of an arcadey experience with its fast-paced gameplay -, getting a game like PES10 for £1.50 is just a deal you can't miss out on. And to think I got my PES5 copy for 0,50€...I'll say this once more: If retro-PES isn't the deal of the century, I don't know what is.

Great idea. Hope it’ll get the attention it needs by the mods...
heh, should we also petition for a certain staffer to change his username to 'C. Daymees'? XD

anyhow i think the idea will really suit the online we9le people and newcomers to our corner especially who might be put off by the 46 plus pages

I might be the only one, but i really like this thread and would like to keep this format. I fear that a section would divide us. The discussion here is diversified and an enriching experience. The newcomers don't need to read the whole thread to contribute.

heh, should we also petition for a certain staffer to change his username to 'C. Daymees'? XD

anyhow i think the idea will really suit the online we9le people and newcomers to our corner especially who might be put off by the 46 plus pages

Good one:D Actually that would be really cool...Can’t believe it’s been 47 pages already. So much interest. Sweet.

Okay, so season 2 has ended and despite terrible last few games, we have held on a massive advantage and grabbed the title. What saddens me deeply is the prominent issue from PES 5/6 - AI teams just can't win points. They drop them constantly here and there, especially in the last deciding games. Marmara could easily catch up with me but decided to let it go. Oh well.

pes3 07-07-2018 13-23-39-912.png
I wonder where my sudden crisis came from, granted I had a few days of break from PES 3 but come on. Truth to be told I recorded those last few games and idk whether it's Action or my CPU, but FPS would randomly tank down to even as far as 20, it was so unplayable. While it can't be seen in the recordings, it was a pain for me, and you will get to see it.

pes3 07-07-2018 13-23-47-278.png

I've only gotten 10k points for winning title and 2k for top assist leader, V. Munteanu. I am seeing tons of players that can be snatched before contract extension though. I don't want to exploit this too much, but there are few names I might be interested in...we will see.

To wrap this up, have bunch of other stats and WEFA results. Italy dominated it completely, can you imagine this being a thing nowadays? Poor Italia, how far have you fallen ;(

pes3 07-07-2018 13-23-53-562.png pes3 07-07-2018 13-24-06-361.png pes3 07-07-2018 13-24-11-595.png pes3 07-07-2018 13-24-26-329.png pes3 07-07-2018 13-24-30-713.png

And now a video - I know you like full games and if you truly want to see how good can PES 3 get, here enjoy the full match between me and Rekordmeister. As mentioned above sudden FPS drop really fucked me up late game, but either way it was excellent match. This game is so fine and sublime goddamn!

Yesterday i went some matches in Pes 5/6 and pes2008ps2 with original (unpatced) referres and i found the counterpart of Kazuki Ito.He was an African one with the darkest tone skin and he was extremely tolerant in all 3 pes games.It was about 0 fouls against me and 2~3 against CPU per halftime.He left so much body tackles ala smackdown style unpunished , that the games looked like Holland-Portugal in WC2006 without the fouls and the cards. :D
It was cool for one time only!.They can sign him to whistle modern pes games. :P :P

I might be the only one, but i really like this thread and would like to keep this format. I fear that a section would divide us. The discussion here is diversified and an enriching experience. The newcomers don't need to read the whole thread to contribute.
Yes,I agree,it would have people getting in to retro gaming,discussion,or getting tips for games if we keep it this way.
I hope it does,if it's divided it would probably fade away in the end.
Now we have discussions between Pes 3-13 (haven't seen much pre 3 and past 13) which is amazing

I just saw @Orhainmalz's idea of creating a subforum dedicated for Retro-PES.
For me it's already absolutely unbelievable that a thread like our Corner is able to have daily activity, with people posting their experiences playing 13, 15 year-old games. Look at the PES2018 thread, which is the most modern PES game available, our Corner has surpassed it to become much more active. How crazy is that?
It's exactly because of that tremendous activity that we have here that I'm wary of - behold a popular portuguese saying translated literally - "giving a step larger than our own leg", which means being over-confident of our value. I already was hesitant to create the Retro-PES Online Club, as we could very well post everything about it here too, but ultimately I was confident we'd have enough content to post there - which will be hard to accomplish since it's a niche activity (online retro-PES gaming) for a niche game (any Retro-PES one) - without risking to divide the main Retro-PES thread, as it runs on offline content.

So if we'd have an entire subforum for ourselves, as @Tom hinted on the thread that brought this issue up, we'd have to make sure we'd have enough valuable content to justify such a move. Right now, we have enough of it to keep the Corner active; so in order to have a subforum filled with activity, my opinion is...we would need MUCH more. We need more stories, more challenges, more ideas, more Retro-PES related content, more activity; and in order to accomplish that mission we need to bring in more readers, more Evo-Web users to post here, even if we have to personally reach out to people outside of Evo-Web and bring them here to join us.

To sum it up, I'm happy with the current way we "do business", it's working out fine. Before we get more space, in my opinion we should be thinking of how would we use that space IF we got it, to make the most out of it. And for that we need ideas and people.

I did a restart of my ML on 13,some misses in my editing,so 6-7 games in I restarted.

I'm lousy at keeping track of my budget apparently,and I needed some good players (one in each part of the team) and my budget went in the negatives,so "the boss" (CPU) fired some of my coaches to get back in the clear.

Never seen that before,I'm actually kinda happy they kept it real,in newer games you can be on minus,just adjust the budget season 2.

I'm playing more 13 than 12 right now,mainly because I think 12 is a much tougher game,shooting is much tougher,really realistic in how you place your body etc,but also a bit tougher in aiming.

I'm gonna get back more to twelve once I feel confident with 13.
Also,CPU defending in 12 is so tough to break down.
But I'm looking fw to get back to that gem later on.

The mindset and the way these games are being played is so different to 16-17-18.
And I'm really liking it

I think this single topic is the perfect place for Retro-Pes. It's worked wonderfully so far: it's the first discussion I come check here, even before the Pes 2019 news indeed.. I can't remember read something so productive, respectful and interesting regarding the saga since practically forever. It's like a mixed, shared experience of all the things that made great Pes in the more or less recent past, and I think it's probably the main strength of our corner; in some posts you have a story about Pes 3, in another an analysis of stats and injuries, in another one somebody taking again Pes 2008 for PC and finding a way to make it fun (..sorry, this was just my fantasy at work).. and plus you feel your own gameplay is more valuable when you come here and give a report of it. And it's true, regardless of whatever I'm playing the Pes in talk or not at the moment, I still love to read the stories.

A whole sub-forum risks of watering down it all at least to me. I'd say let's keep it like that as of now.

Back
Top Bottom