The Retro-PES Corner

I will try one day or another to reproduce some kits from La Liga (already extracted the Emblems), but i can't promise anything.

There's a translated fully version in Spanish... Didn't checked if there's kits : just Emblems that i will took for every teams. for a patch
But i'm feel much more comfortable in English... But i always "switch" with a version who got French on it, for the same reason.

And finally, i would need someone like JL2007CC translation master @BillyKong as some small stuffs aren't translated (but they aren't that important fortunately : ML is fully converted) for at least having the pictures showing the mode in English. But it's images, not text like "Match" "Master League" "Edit" etc. are in english : but the scrolling bar behind is in English so it's more a matter of theme. I hate the presentation screen as it make it "unprofessional" translation, quickly done.

Example :

gsdx_20220905223834.png

... I think there's a Fernando's patch more advanced, fully translated but unavailable. No idea if he changed it.
If someone got a link, a tip or iso, i'll appreciate. That's something i never made before (re-design JAP png)

Last edited:
Gracias. Yo también soy de Bogotá. Estoy buscando un parche completo de esa temporada, porque me parece uno de los más maravillosos. En algunas ps3 pes por ejemplo.
La lingua principale esse "English Only" en el foro (e > Usando google traduccione amigo. la redacción no es importante. Nos da igual.
Siempre y cuando entendamos... Hay secciones en español pero nadie esta activo...

I just used Google transation. I hope you understood mate. I don't care really if you talk spanish : it's just forum rules and it's logic :)

Bienvenidos!

La lingua principale esse "English Only" en el foro (e > Usando google traduccione amigo. la redacción no es importante. Nos da igual.
Siempre y cuando entendamos... Hay secciones en español pero nadie esta activo...

I just used Google transation. I hope you understood mate. I don't care really if you talk spanish : it's just forum rules and it's logic :)

Bienvenidos!
Sorry I forget to write it in English.

Thank you What is your favorite PES RETRO? My favorite PES is We9LE and PES 3, but PES5/we9 is not so offensive.
Wow, that's a really tough question bro.. I think it all depends on my mood. Sometimes, when I'm feeling like playing tough, low-scoring and physical football, I go for PES 5. When I want something a bit more free flowing, I play PES 6.. I also enjoy 2010, (recently got into it) 11, and probably my favorite PES right now, PES 2017. (I don't know if you consider that retro though, but I really like it) :TU: It all depends on what I want to play at the moment!

Only the 14 recently, Fifa's golden era and the port was pretty good, much much better than a FIFA old school. More like a PES.
I mean, it's pretty good by PS2 FIFA standards but I think calling it more like a PES is pretty unfairly high praise.

I think it retains that FIFA "stickiness" the PS2 versions had and just lacked that one more game feel PES gives you. You feel so bored and underwhelmed after one match in this gen that playing 2 matches in a row is almost like eating two roast dinners back to back but without any chicken and gravy. Veg is nice but we all know the meat and gravy is what makes it special.

You feel like everything happened for a reason and that anything can happen in PS2 PES. I felt with PS2 FIFAs, It was always the same set of variables that would lead to a goal and it just doesn't have that excitement, desperation and euphoria of scoring a goal does on PES.

Of course EA would revolutionise football games on the 360/PS3 and it actually switched roles with PES completely, where the gold standard now was more like your comparision in the quote - Yeah PES is good but does it feel "more like a FIFA yet?"

Sorry I forget to write it in English.
Don't be sorry with me bro. I don't care, just don't want you to got problems lol.

Well, back to what i planned : i think than "resolving" the PES 2008 issue will take a bit too much time.
So perhaps, if i got got help : will first create a patch + O.F. for JL2008.

Edit: just need to found a PES 6 with 07-08 season (there's plenty of it, but not all change every single kits to the 07-08 season. I will check sponsors first)
So that was my project in fact for JL2008 : if i got help, then an O.F. as i've remade tons of faces and can't export/import, no tools allows it. So i will recopy manually from PES 2008...

There's by far less work than resolving the "Bundes" issue on PES 2008...
But i love the NT and Bundes, i did a very long and hard like my cock work, and play with too, so i'm a bit confused. Also wanted to restore Hidden NT names, wouldn't be difficult to found player as i'm so used to it since forever, but it can wait : ML/First. BUT they appears in every NT competitions, so it's annoying to have to choose the IG team every time too.
And i love those Cup modes, variety of teams etc., it's a big + for me. You can edit them on PC option file : but there's far less teams especially Asian/American (South).

I wanted to create a perfect PES 2008 or WE 2008 ( as there's 6 stars, since i know it... I'm hesitate to make a light version, no bundes as there's no editor allowing OF2 import, and it's not convertible like PES5 and WE9LE or WE8 and PES4 to open the file, by changing the "name code" with PS2SaveBuilder. It doesn't want to open it unfortunately.

... Just because i found my 2 favourite PES PS2 of all time : incredible balance variety and fun are JL2008 and PES 2008 :PRAY:

Wow, esa es una pregunta muy difícil hermano... Creo que todo depende de mi estado de ánimo. A veces, cuando tengo ganas de jugar un fútbol duro, de baja puntuación y físico, elijo PES 5. Cuando quiero algo un poco más fluido, juego PES 6. También disfruto 2010 (recientemente me metí) 11, y probablemente mi PES favorito en este momento, PES 2017. (No sé si lo considera retro, pero me gusta mucho) :TU: ¡Todo depende de lo que quiera jugar en este momento!

PES 6 is a great game But personally I prefer We9. In PES 5 there are very few fantasy moves by the players, any defense can reach you and take the ball away. If the game made a difference between the best players and the rest it would be very good.

I mean, it's pretty good by PS2 FIFA standards but I think calling it more like a PES is pretty unfairly high praise.

"More like a PES" is just to give the tone : it's balanced and there's variety. A feeling + "how hard to do X thing" That's all mate, it doesn't need a big analyisis like you did 😆
Even if you're right in every mentioned differences mate ;)
You can also add the players feeling of stats differences. But there's stuff which are just different in approach, not worst : different choice.

Just wanted to mention an astonishing game as i never ever played a FIFA on PS2 before, and my reference on PS3/PC is the 14 so...

Don't be sorry with me bro. I don't care, just don't want you to got problems lol.

Well, back to what i planned : i think than "resolving" the PES 2008 issue will take a bit too much time.
So perhaps, if i got got help : will first create a patch + O.F. for JL2008.

Edit: just need to found a PES 6 with 07-08 season (there's plenty of it, but not all change every single kits to the 07-08 season. I will check sponsors first)
So that was my project in fact for JL2008 : if i got help, then an O.F. as i've remade tons of faces and can't export/import, no tools allows it. So i will recopy manually from PES 2008...

There's by far less work than resolving the "Bundes" issue on PES 2008...
But i love the NT and Bundes, i did a very long and hard like my cock work, and play with too, so i'm a bit confused. Also wanted to restore Hidden NT names, wouldn't be difficult to found player as i'm so used to it since forever, but it can wait : ML/First. BUT they appears in every NT competitions, so it's annoying to have to choose the IG team every time too.
And i love those Cup modes, variety of teams etc., it's a big + for me. You can edit them on PC option file : but there's far less teams especially Asian/American (South).

I wanted to create a perfect PES 2008 or WE 2008 ( as there's 6 stars, since i know it... I'm hesitate to make a light version, no bundes as there's no editor allowing OF2 import, and it's not convertible like PES5 and WE9LE or WE8 and PES4 to open the file, by changing the "name code" with PS2SaveBuilder. It doesn't want to open it unfortunately.

... Just because i found my 2 favourite PES PS2 of all time : incredible balance variety and fun are JL2008 and PES 2008 :PRAY:

Haven't you thought about making a patch of the 2005-06 season in pes 2008?

PES 6 is a great game But personally I prefer We9. In PES 5 there are very few fantasy moves by the players, any defense can reach you and take the ball away. If the game made a difference between the best players and the rest it would be very good.

WE9 is the more defensive of the series, it was on my old community the only game which maked unanimity. Speed, Midfield, etc., everything is "sim".

Pes 2008 the most balanced regarding the style : which is "Action football" and more variety thanks to better ball physics. Those games are pretty different, but both good. I don't know what's more realistic between having always low scores like in WE9 even if i loved it, than very various scores high to 0-0 on PES 2008.

I won't talk about PES 6 because replaying it, on PS2 (i played on X360 : different game) and some games on PC... I was wtf by the speed and agility.
Vanilla it's perhaps a good mix between arcade and "action-football-simultion" let's call it like this, but there's also knowns bug and like PES 4 : Physicality will always won against Technique/skills and Defensively it's not balanced.

Try JL2007 : it's the same engine as PES 6 but rebalanced from zero, very dynamic with much more midfield. I don't know where to place that version : but it's very very rare in my case, but i was in "one more match" case. As it was very captivating, dynamic, fun with balance. Games ended with normal score, 1-1 more often and i played with two big teams and replayed again and again the same match.
Defense skills matters more than in PES 6 where physical defender got an advantage, same goes for technical skills with the ball.

Haven't you thought about making a patch of the 2005-06 season in pes 2008?

No, too much work bro, and i'm in "restoring" mode more than "upgrading/downgrading" a game with his season.
And i like "every game needs at least one version with his season" like it should have been if Konami released the game later with transfers and licences.

I'm on multiple project : PES 5/WE9LE (easy to convert and for people : it seems the game got different gameplay... Didn't noticed) for that season. But summers transfers : all O.F. i found was with winter one. I prefers to rebuild the game "like it should have been".
With summers transfers.... The weirdest part was because of loaned players back etc., there was much more player to create than if i focused on Winter transfers lol.

Now, transfers were (as it's done) part of the work, i'm on something that takes bigger time, still an O.F.. Will explain when i'll post it, no idea where it will be done. So you will got your real 05-06 orignal season, i took a lot of attention to players created so i hope you will be satisfied ;)
I try to make it as good to play on a PS2 than for a basis to modders on PC if they're interested.

For the moment i'm back on it, was on PES 2008 / transfers were done and except a full research about "errors" : the game was ready. But i found an issue (i talk about it in the previous post), regarding Bundesliga which took me so much time and practically remade from scratch.

When i'll be "enough with PES 5 editing" : as the next step is very repetitive : i will perhaps take a look at JL2008cc about what can i do with it.
No need to do transfers, they're done from Winter. It's purely cosmetic but still annoying as i'm not used to "modding", always worked on stats/faces in game and database overall. That's my mojo.

Those games are 20 years old so it's not one month or two that will change everything : people still play it since decades :)

Last edited:
I would like the same but it doesn't even exist for PES 5 to PES 2008 so...
And just wanted IG made face parameters exported. Players exported so i could base copy them on my editor.

Not recoyping manually each player like a fool.

Guys, quick question..

Do any of you know if there is a PES 2013 editor which exports appearances in .cvs format? Thanks in advance. :TU:
I just checked as i forgot that function, sorry :

PES 2013 Wild@! editor, you can export a whole team, or player by player (right click on the player > plenty of options)
It's in a format that it seems, only that 2013 editor may recognise. But it's the full player which is exported.

Then you got to re-import with the same system (right click > import).
Don't know if that's what you're searching. There's multiple options, perhaps better to try them and their result in game and compare mate ;)

Attached file for the editor ;) Edit: didn't worked, forum didn't mentionned it.

Link : https://www57.zippyshare.com/v/12725628/file.html

I just checked as i forgot that function, sorry :

PES 2013 Wild@! editor, you can export a whole team, or player by player (right click on the player > plenty of options)
It's in a format that it seems, only that 2013 editor may recognise. But it's the full player which is exported.

Then you got to re-import with the same system (right click > import).
Don't know if that's what you're searching. There's multiple options, perhaps better to try them and their result in game and compare mate ;)

Attached file for the editor ;) Edit: didn't worked, forum didn't mentionned it.

Link : https://www57.zippyshare.com/v/12725628/file.html
Thanks man!! I think this will prove quite useful. :TU:

Been playing PES 2018 on PC of late.

I love the clean look of this game compared to the PES games which came after it.

It’s vibrant and colourful. It’s so weird how these games seem to go backwards graphically. PES 2021 is fugly, as are the later FIFA games on PS4/XONE.

1662507539255.png1662507659469.png
Bros, I have a question about PES 2010. As some of you might know, I am playing a Master League with Sheffield Wednesday with PESEdit patch. The assigned stadium for the team is "Amsterdam Arena", which is pretty cool because I think it suits the team pretty well. However, when I go to my ML, the team is playing in "Estadio Amazonas", which I guess is a replica of a South American stadium.

I'd like to change it so that my team plays in the assigned stadium, but I have no idea why it continues to show the Estadio Amazonas. If anyone could help me with this, that'd be cool. Thanks! :TU:

2015 is one of my favourite Pes games in the Xbox one/PS4 era.
Best passing of all Pes games ,manual is really manual, PA1 is pretty much what PA0 is now.
Some small annoying things like CPU can beat you to often on the through ball,stamina drains very fast (which makes you play a bit smarter but draining too fast)
Probably best shooting of all Pes games (at least modern)
Best Pes when it comes to content.
Fully licensed La Liga 1-2 fully licenced Serie A (Sassuolo M ght be fake)

2016 could have been a classic Pes game, me for one think it's a brilliant game except for the goalies being horrible, really bad.
I usually play 20 min on all other pes games ,here 15 min otherwise every game will end with 4-4 5-5 results.
Really annoying and extremely weird that they never fixed it.
Game breaking to a great game otherwise

Bought this for £2.50 after your recommendation bud.
Enjoyable game, love the fact we have midfield battles in this game!

View attachment 176811View attachment 176812
Bros, I have a question about PES 2010. As some of you might know, I am playing a Master League with Sheffield Wednesday with PESEdit patch. The assigned stadium for the team is "Amsterdam Arena", which is pretty cool because I think it suits the team pretty well. However, when I go to my ML, the team is playing in "Estadio Amazonas", which I guess is a replica of a South American stadium.

I'd like to change it so that my team plays in the assigned stadium, but I have no idea why it continues to show the Estadio Amazonas. If anyone could help me with this, that'd be cool. Thanks! :TU:
Regarding this issue, it doesn't only happen with Sheffield Wednesday, but whenever I start a Master League with any Second Division team, the default stadium is "Estadio Amazonas", regardless of how they are set up as home ground in edit mode. Anyway just in the off chance anyone knows how to solve this, thanks.

Regarding this issue, it doesn't only happen with Sheffield Wednesday, but whenever I start a Master League with any Second Division team, the default stadium is "Estadio Amazonas", regardless of how they are set up as home ground in edit mode. Anyway just in the off chance anyone knows how to solve this, thanks.
Maybe the kitserver stadium's map ?

Guys if someone has the original dlc 3.00 of PES 2017 with winter transfers please upload it...I think its name is dt_300 something like that...
I downloaded some but it hasn't the winter transfers inside like Arnold and Mane in Liverpool...Liverpool created Arnold in December...

Nope, only uni folder in there, which is quite strange.. (that's the way it came configured, which makes me wonder how come the "Estadio Amazonas" is assigned)..

View attachment 176940
Day of random guess today, i guess ..(lol)

I have never messed with kitsetver in. 2010, but by your description, sounds like something is assigned via kitsetver, that eother doesn't work properly, or it doesn't exist, so the game drains the first possible stadium by mechanics, thats why all teams from that division have the same fake one.

I assume all your D2 teams are edited ones.Also despite you try via edit mode, something by your patch side, kitsetver or whatever overrides your in game editing.

Just a guess..

Back
Top Bottom