The Retro-PES Corner

I love the way players have to control the ball which leads to errors on both sides and a sense of anything can happen

Please excuse the dodgy manual passing

You'd enjoy League 1 football then :))

Looks good, all this activity here on various versions has got me wanting to give some of them a try, 2015 I don't think I even played the demo on that one because at the time my pc could barely run it. My PC I got shortly after that would but now I can't as I have a dead graphics card in it! :BLEH:

Here are some brief highlights of some games that my brother and me played in a competition that involves every team in our option file. At the moment we are in the qualifying round so that we can get down to 128 teams.

I am 'g' and my brother is 'a', take your pick...

Or...

Last edited:
I’ve spent the weekend unwell in bed so decided to download PES 2017 with the sider stuff, PES 6 Firebird 2021 patch and also continue with my PES 5 save. Had a few games on PES 2018 as well.

Laying in bed playing old PES games reminds me of when I was young, living with friends and life was much simpler then.

Anyway…I don’t seem to get on with these ‘Next Season’ patches. They always feel weird to me. PES 6 firebird feels sluggish and, yeah, weird. But vanilla PES 6 is too fast so I can’t win here.

PES 2017 with sider looks amazing but again, gameplay - whatever the modders have done with it, feels TOO slow and it’s kind of a chore to play.

(I’m VERY grateful for these patches btw -
the modding community are so talented.)

So after mixing it up, I’m back on PES 5 Original Season, the best PES patch around in my opinion (thanks again @Fabri55 @Andregranata91 @Sany023 - this might sound like hyperbole but you’ve literally saved football gaming for me. Without the this game and your patch, I wouldn’t bother anymore).

PES 5 is so challenging, so unpredictable, tactical but also accessible and just…fun.
It’s extremely enjoyable. The Original Season patch makes it all feel immersive too - when I played back in the day on PS2, I had fake kits and team names so having all the stadiums and kits now AND the gameplay of PES 5 is just…incredible for me.

I posted over on the eFootball 2022 thread last night and said how awfully tedious and boring PES is now and has been years. It was eye opening playing PES 2018 yesterday. It’s not a bad game but how did the series go backwards so dramatically? From the instantly addictive gameplay of ISS Pro Evolution, PES 3 and PES 5…to PES 2021 which is like just a really mediocre game.

I played PES 5 religiously when I was a young man. I played it day and night for two years as I didn’t really enjoy PES 6 ‘next gen’ on X360. But I put PES 5 down around 2007ish and have only returned because of Evo-Web. I didn’t even know these all-in-one patches existed really.

So thank you. Thank you for this extremely helpful and friendly community. Modern day PES might have just died but the modding community and Retro PES lives on, stronger than ever - as do our memories with the PS2 games, the ‘Golden Age of Pro Evolution Soccer.’

Big respect and thanks to @Mart, @Tom & all of the moderating staff here AND obviously all of the people who frequent the forums and help me with my endless questions, especially considering we’ve ALL had to endure a very difficult 2020/2021.

Peace x

Last edited:
Is anyone playing PES 2011 ? I installed myself the Mix Classic Patch and the Jenkey gameplay tool says I have Wrong Version only V 1.03 NoDVD works so the game doesn't load with the gameplay tool . Kitserver doesn't attach either .

Hmm… does anybody know what has happened to pesstatsdatabase?

There are normally issues with the site but this is more concerning. It’s been off for about 11 days but now their facebook page has disappeared.

I use their site to do my daily option file updates. If that is gone then, for me, it’s worse than the recent news about PES. :SHOCK:

There are normally issues with the site but this is more concerning. It’s been off for about 11 days but now their facebook page has disappeared.

I use their site to do my daily option file updates. If that is gone then, for me, it’s worse than the recent news about PES. :SHOCK:
they don t work for weeks prob months, they always have issues

they don t work for weeks prob months, they always have issues

It was ok up until about 11 days ago. Before that it was the usual on and off or slow, but to me that is ‘working’.

Just been in contact with Rob on discord and he confirmed that they are just having issues. At least it is not gone for good :)

It was ok up until about 11 days ago. Before that it was the usual on and off or slow, but to me that is ‘working’.

Just been in contact with Rob on discord and he confirmed that they are just having issues. At least it is not gone for good :)
OK I had issues this last week prior to that I accessed the site in march last time and it did work then but the comments on Facebook say they have problems for years

OK I had issues this last week prior to that I accessed the site in march last time and it did work then but the comments on Facebook say they have problems for years

That must have been a bit of bad luck. It is probably down about a week every month, or just really slow. I normally use it every day because i update players in my option file on their birthdays. I haven't been able to update it since 15th July :(

I've been playing PES from PES (1) to PES 2020. 2020 is not that bad but I don't like the refs, the algorithms the ai momentum, the bugs in ML etc. As a backup I still have my PS2 (for PES 1-6) and the Xbox 360 (PES 5, PES 6, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2014). When I hear the konami president say that his strategy is mobile first, what is legitimate and comprehensible in financial aspects, I feel that my way ends. Simply because the idea behind PES (offline gaming vs ai, simulation, realistic gameplay etc.) finds an end. I think I will focus more on retro games. Perhaps I will check efootball when it comes out. But it seems obvious that it will have the wrong priorities for me. Konami is looking for quick money and I am looking for a good, passionate football simulation for offline gamers.

Last edited:
That must have been a bit of bad luck. It is probably down about a week every month, or just really slow. I normally use it every day because i update players in my option file on their birthdays. I haven't been able to update it since 15th July :(
Any idea when it will be up again ? I need it so badly :(

Did you download that database (forget who uploaded it now) that someone made from of all the players on the pesstatsdatabase, you could use that.

Is it not UP or DOWN on the D-PAD?

That's how it's been on the latest FOX Engine PES's but I imagined it was always like that since 2014

I tried that but it just goes through the preset formations. Unless it is UP and DOWN and another button. I only played a couple of games if I’m honest and didn't really have time to check out all the other options.

I think with the preset options, the idea is that you can have attacking formations and defensive ones. Personally I prefer the simplicity of having Attack and Defence levels and it used to work so well.
Any idea when it will be up again ? I need it so badly :(

Yes me too :(

Not sure but the main thing is that it is not gone for good.
Did you download that database (forget who uploaded it now) that someone made from of all the players on the pesstatsdatabase, you could use that.

No i didn’t (or at least I dont think I did).

I was tempted to use the cached pages but then they could be a couple of months out of date if the player has been updated since then. I think I will give it another week before deciding what to do ;)

Is it not UP or DOWN on the D-PAD?

That's how it's been on the latest FOX Engine PES's but I imagined it was always like that since 2014
Hmm ,I'm pretty sure G's right ,not sure if there is a att/Def level on 15.
I remember not being able to sort when I played it a month or so ago.

No i didn’t (or at least I dont think I did).

I was tempted to use the cached pages but then they could be a couple of months out of date if the player has been updated since then. I think I will give it another week before deciding what to do ;)

I only downloaded it once but I seem to remember he said he was going to update it each month didn't he? Whether that's right and he did though I don't know.

@Chris Davies i played a couple of games of PES 2015 last night.

Top Player, FUMA

Pros

It feels like there is a sense of freedom on the pitch.

Player collisions are good and they can get out muscled.

I love the way players have to control the ball which leads to errors on both sides and a sense of anything can happen

Shooting feels good, not every shot is through the laces.

Cons

Your players can be static at times.

CPU attacked quite a bit through the middle but it could be my set up.

I could not work out how operate the ATT/DEF level which makes me think it does not exist.

The CPU has phases where it passes round the back quite a bit. Which is ok at times but you get the sense that when it happens it’s like the game is following a script rather than playing according to the conditions of the match (if that makes sense).

Not many free kicks.

Overall i had some fun. Here is the last 60 mins of a match i played. I didn't realise that the PS4 hadn't recorded all the match so the goals are missed.

Please excuse the dodgy manual passing :LOL:

PES 2015 and 2016 no att/deff mentality level unfortnatelly @askKONAMI

You have to apply changes manually from gameplan (impossible), not possibility on the fly...

One thing with PES 15 that's annoying is that players gets completely drained very fast ,usually around the 65-70th minute.
Thanks for clearing att/det levels Up @slamsoze
Yeah pretty much i hate it, ATT/DEF was/is my #1 tool!!!
What kills me in 2015, is the player stats UI in gameplan, which is a rip-off of the facebook PES assosiation football manager app. PHY-SPE-TEC only graphic. Very brilliant idea by PES productions, to equalise a facebook app with a full retail game!!

I recently tried to play a bit more WE7I (the japanese one), but something is very annoying. It seems like there is some catch-up bug in there, i can't outrun some slow defenders with a guy like Henry or Shevchenko for example. Reminds me of PES 2011. @Flipper the Priest , did you notice that ?

Yeah pretty much i hate it, ATT/DEF was/is my #1 tool!!!
What kills me in 2015, is the player stats UI in gameplan, which is a rip-off of the facebook PES assosiation football manager app. PHY-SPE-TEC only graphic. Very brilliant idea by PES productions, to equalise a facebook app with a full retail game!!
Ha ha:)
Yes I usually only play att/Def in PES ,hardly touch the different tactics in game

I recently tried to play a bit more WE7I (the japanese one), but something is very annoying. It seems like there is some catch-up bug in there, i can't outrun some slow defenders with a guy like Henry or Shevchenko for example. Reminds me of PES 2011. @Flipper the Priest , did you notice that ?

Hmm. Can't say I noticed. I find that the contests are pretty well represented according to the speed and strength stats. I think WE7I's main leveller (as with most of the WE7 'series') is sleepy defending. That's the main thing that pissed me off!

It's nice to see people mentioning PES2015 here, it was my main footy game for quite some time, I owned the PS3 version, but I imagine it's very similar to the PS4, it was only when I finally bought a PS4 with FIFA19 bundle in that I moved on from this title. I hadn't played it in a while, but seeing it being talked about here made me want to give it a shot again, for old times sake, so that's what I just did. It was a lovely experience, I made sure to load a bunch of my League save files just to take a look around, seeing how I was doing in the league and how I did in the cups, looking back on eliminations and titles, League was my main mode in this title alongside Cup. I also made sure to watch some of my saved replays, I didn't save many, but I did save every goal scored in finals, and I made sure to check every single one of those, it made me remember the joy I got when scoring them, a very special experience. Of course I played a couple of matches too, and it all came back to me, all of the pros and cons of this title. It helps that my first impressions of this title back then were influenced by the fact that I skipped PES 2013 and PES2014, and just now I've finished a PES2012 ML, so it almost feels like it did back then, the feeling of going from PES2012 to PES2015 and comparing my experiences.

Overall I felt the same things I did on my first time playing this, there's so much to like here:

+ The game is nice to look at overall, especially from afar, it looks like a real match, the lighting and turfs do a good job, this is also when they added rain again, after it was absent from PES2014, it was nice to have this back, especially because I adore the atmosphere in rainy matches, it feels more epic.
+ The animations were natural and way less robotic than before, especially the running animations, this also contributes to the overall look of the game, it finally felt like a genuine generational leap in this regard, which is something we had waited for a long time by then.
+ Movement felt 360º, I did enjoy the movement on the titles made with the previous engine, they were already a step up from the first few PS3 titles, but this was on another level.
+ Passing felt so free, all kinds of it, a low pass, a high pass, a cross, a lobbed through ball, it was like I could play the ball anywhere to make any play I wanted, so much less restricted than it felt before, at times some aspects of the previous games felt like we were still stuck on the PS1 days with how robotic and restricted it could be, this however felt like a genuine PS3/PS4 game and I loved it.
+ Shooting was satisfying because the ball felt like it had real weight, and it was all determined by my input, in PES2012 it felt random a lot of the time, and I dreaded being 1-on-1 with the GK, because I usually missed, here it was simple to score a 1-on-1 chance, like it should be, also the added weight on the ball made long range shooting satisfying again, especially those dipping shots you can pull off when the ball is falling and you shoot at the right time.
+ Players felt like they had real weight to them and it made the matches more physical, it was always a treat seeing players colliding and fighting for the ball, especially because stats mattered, a strong player would usually out muscle a weaker player, this was also much better than PES2012 where players felt too light.

There are many flaws though, and it's very depressing looking back on them, not because they ruin the experience, but because it reminds me of how hopeful I was that when they fixed those issues in the future we'd have the perfect PES... Most of the flaws were never fixed, or when they were Konami inexplicably broke it again later:

- No fouls, this is the game that really started this trend, and the series has had this ever since, the best ones in this regard lately have been PES2020 and PES2021, but I wouldn't say that it's genuinely fixed.
- Modes lacked content, this is another one that also got better with time, but never actually fixed the issue, just made it not as bad, but it's still bad, this is also the PES that introduced myClub and microtransactions, the beggining of the end.
- Superstar is too easy, like I mentioned earlier I played a couple of matches, both were on Superstar and I won both 3x0, of course friendlies are usually easier, and on my League saves I'd usually be midtable on the league and get knocked out on the cups, but I do recall this game being more straight forward than previous titles, this can be bad because once you conquer Superstar the game is done and this is a nightmare for more skilled players, thankfully this was eventually fixed with the addition of Legend difficulty for all of the masochists out there.
- CPU AI, while the addition of Legend difficulty made it so it's less likely for it to be too easy, they never really fixed the source of the issue, I actually believe PES2015 has some of the best CPU AI we've got in the last few years, with team individuality being better than most of its successors, but there were flaws, mostly the lack of variety at times, like how every CPU player becomes Messi on the wing and wants to get past everyone instead of just crossing. It also felt somewhat empty on the midfield at times, but this is another aspect that just got worse on later titles.
- Menus and overall presentation, it wasn't awful, and I'd say that some parts of it are better than the titles that came after it, but it was a downgrade coming from PES2011/PES2012/PES2013, those not only looked sophisticated, but they were also quick and snappy by comparasion, they haven't made something like those again since.
- Models and textures, while the game is nice to look at overall, it could be better, the players were too bulky and the shorts were too long, they actually improved this in PES2018, only to make it worse again with PES2020 and PES2021... Turfs also could be better, and while they got worse in PES2018 which looked cartoony, PES2019 had stellar turfs, and then Konami ruined it again in PES2020 and PES2021... I don't understand what's wrong with them.

Overall I enjoyed the experience, and I adore PES2015, I didn't mind that it was my main footy game for so many years because it was a genuinely solid entry in the series, I didn't feel the need to upgrade to a newer one, of course it wasn't perfect, but I recall being filled with optimism that they had a solid foundation to work on and develop, and that it was only a matter of time before we got something stellar. Konami never fulfilled PES2015's potential, FOX Engine's potential, and that's very dissapointing, however looking at PES2015 by itself I'd say that, while it's a flawed experience, it gets a lot of important things right, and it's worth giving it a shot, if you have it I'd suggest playing a couple of matches, if you don't then I'd suggest trying to get a used copy since it must be cheap these days, it's worth every penny.

It's nice to see people mentioning PES2015 here, it was my main footy game for quite some time, I owned the PS3 version, but I imagine it's very similar to the PS4, it was only when I finally bought a PS4 with FIFA19 bundle in that I moved on from this title. I hadn't played it in a while, but seeing it being talked about here made me want to give it a shot again, for old times sake, so that's what I just did. It was a lovely experience, I made sure to load a bunch of my League save files just to take a look around, seeing how I was doing in the league and how I did in the cups, looking back on eliminations and titles, League was my main mode in this title alongside Cup. I also made sure to watch some of my saved replays, I didn't save many, but I did save every goal scored in finals, and I made sure to check every single one of those, it made me remember the joy I got when scoring them, a very special experience. Of course I played a couple of matches too, and it all came back to me, all of the pros and cons of this title. It helps that my first impressions of this title back then were influenced by the fact that I skipped PES 2013 and PES2014, and just now I've finished a PES2012 ML, so it almost feels like it did back then, the feeling of going from PES2012 to PES2015 and comparing my experiences.

Overall I felt the same things I did on my first time playing this, there's so much to like here:

+ The game is nice to look at overall, especially from afar, it looks like a real match, the lighting and turfs do a good job, this is also when they added rain again, after it was absent from PES2014, it was nice to have this back, especially because I adore the atmosphere in rainy matches, it feels more epic.
+ The animations were natural and way less robotic than before, especially the running animations, this also contributes to the overall look of the game, it finally felt like a genuine generational leap in this regard, which is something we had waited for a long time by then.
+ Movement felt 360º, I did enjoy the movement on the titles made with the previous engine, they were already a step up from the first few PS3 titles, but this was on another level.
+ Passing felt so free, all kinds of it, a low pass, a high pass, a cross, a lobbed through ball, it was like I could play the ball anywhere to make any play I wanted, so much less restricted than it felt before, at times some aspects of the previous games felt like we were still stuck on the PS1 days with how robotic and restricted it could be, this however felt like a genuine PS3/PS4 game and I loved it.
+ Shooting was satisfying because the ball felt like it had real weight, and it was all determined by my input, in PES2012 it felt random a lot of the time, and I dreaded being 1-on-1 with the GK, because I usually missed, here it was simple to score a 1-on-1 chance, like it should be, also the added weight on the ball made long range shooting satisfying again, especially those dipping shots you can pull off when the ball is falling and you shoot at the right time.
+ Players felt like they had real weight to them and it made the matches more physical, it was always a treat seeing players colliding and fighting for the ball, especially because stats mattered, a strong player would usually out muscle a weaker player, this was also much better than PES2012 where players felt too light.

There are many flaws though, and it's very depressing looking back on them, not because they ruin the experience, but because it reminds me of how hopeful I was that when they fixed those issues in the future we'd have the perfect PES... Most of the flaws were never fixed, or when they were Konami inexplicably broke it again later:

- No fouls, this is the game that really started this trend, and the series has had this ever since, the best ones in this regard lately have been PES2020 and PES2021, but I wouldn't say that it's genuinely fixed.
- Modes lacked content, this is another one that also got better with time, but never actually fixed the issue, just made it not as bad, but it's still bad, this is also the PES that introduced myClub and microtransactions, the beggining of the end.
- Superstar is too easy, like I mentioned earlier I played a couple of matches, both were on Superstar and I won both 3x0, of course friendlies are usually easier, and on my League saves I'd usually be midtable on the league and get knocked out on the cups, but I do recall this game being more straight forward than previous titles, this can be bad because once you conquer Superstar the game is done and this is a nightmare for more skilled players, thankfully this was eventually fixed with the addition of Legend difficulty for all of the masochists out there.
- CPU AI, while the addition of Legend difficulty made it so it's less likely for it to be too easy, they never really fixed the source of the issue, I actually believe PES2015 has some of the best CPU AI we've got in the last few years, with team individuality being better than most of its successors, but there were flaws, mostly the lack of variety at times, like how every CPU player becomes Messi on the wing and wants to get past everyone instead of just crossing. It also felt somewhat empty on the midfield at times, but this is another aspect that just got worse on later titles.
- Menus and overall presentation, it wasn't awful, and I'd say that some parts of it are better than the titles that came after it, but it was a downgrade coming from PES2011/PES2012/PES2013, those not only looked sophisticated, but they were also quick and snappy by comparasion, they haven't made something like those again since.
- Models and textures, while the game is nice to look at overall, it could be better, the players were too bulky and the shorts were too long, they actually improved this in PES2018, only to make it worse again with PES2020 and PES2021... Turfs also could be better, and while they got worse in PES2018 which looked cartoony, PES2019 had stellar turfs, and then Konami ruined it again in PES2020 and PES2021... I don't understand what's wrong with them.

Overall I enjoyed the experience, and I adore PES2015, I didn't mind that it was my main footy game for so many years because it was a genuinely solid entry in the series, I didn't feel the need to upgrade to a newer one, of course it wasn't perfect, but I recall being filled with optimism that they had a solid foundation to work on and develop, and that it was only a matter of time before we got something stellar. Konami never fulfilled PES2015's potential, FOX Engine's potential, and that's very dissapointing, however looking at PES2015 by itself I'd say that, while it's a flawed experience, it gets a lot of important things right, and it's worth giving it a shot, if you have it I'd suggest playing a couple of matches, if you don't then I'd suggest trying to get a used copy since it must be cheap these days, it's worth every penny.
Agree to all parts, except for the AI difficulty.

PA1 was the best free passing, it was as assisted as needed but not more. Unfortunately just from 2016 they ditched it away, making easier the Pingpong tikitaka, with backheels etc.

Basically on passing, they never achieved a better balance between assisted and manual.

For CPU difficulty, for it was again the time that I came back to Superstar difficulty in ML, after PES 2010. Of course you can say it is very "easy", same was in 2016 and 2017. But judging how they understand CPU difficulty in 2018 & 2019, spacestellar AI, I prefer the easier but playable, than the unplayable. Cause on 18 and 19 it seems unplayable, for the average player like me.

Also the individualality was well implemented, I remember Chelsea playing 4-2-3-1 and the AMF trio, Hazard, William, Oscar were tearing me apart a for 3 seasons, of the best CPU opponents I have played, that respected the stats. Only when seasons passed and they started declining, I achieved some draws and wins, me having promoted Leeds United.

Chelsea and Liverpool basically, best CPU teams I have faced in 2015 and 2016.

2017 pretty good Atletidlco de Madrid and Juventus, Roma CPU opponents. After 2018 I can't remember a CPU team, cause almost every plays the same style.

PA1 was the best free passing, it was as assisted as needed but not more. Unfortunately just from 2016 they ditched it away, making easier the Pingpong tikitaka, with backheels etc.

Basically on passing, they never achieved a better balance between assisted and manual.
I felt most comfortable with PA2 in this title, but PA1 was indeed a nice setting to have, it was genuinely a semiassisted setting, now all we have are PA3 and PA2 which are very assisted, and PA1 which is still assisted, just slightly less, and then we have FUMA. PES2015 felt like it had not only more options for pass assistance, but you could feel the differences between them more, we really went backwards in this regard unfortunately. On the subject of the backheels, since you've mentioned them and it made me remember how much I despise them, the CPU did a couple against me in my two matches in situations where it didn't make sense, it was way less prevalent than today so I didn't mind it too much, but I couldn't help but feel sad about the fact that the bastards were already planting the seeds...

For CPU difficulty, for it was again the time that I came back to Superstar difficulty in ML, after PES 2010. Of course you can say it is very "easy", same was in 2016 and 2017. But judging how they understand CPU difficulty in 2018 & 2019, spacestellar AI, I prefer the easier but playable, than the unplayable. Cause on 18 and 19 it seems unplayable, for the average player like me.
I agree with you on this one actually, I really enjoyed Superstar in PES2015, like I've mentioned I had a bunch of League saves and I was midtable in pretty much all of them, I was much more succesful in the cups, but got knocked out of many aswell, the difficulty in this title was spot on for average players like you and me. I too hate how they understand difficulty nowadays, with a CPU that does only the same one or two tricks that always work and feel robotic, the ping pong passing, how every match is identical and defending feels like a chore, since it's always the same thing where you feel helpless most of the time and can't let go of the sprint button because the CPU players had too much coffee to drink... The reason I've mentioned the relatively low difficulty compared to other titles in the series as a negative point is because I know that there are many players that play way better than me, and for them this can be a deal breaker because once they master Superstar and FUMA then it's over for them, so I feel it's good to have something like a Legend difficulty where the CPU is a bastard for those that prefer it, as a way to increase the lifespan of the title for high skilled players.

Also the individualality was well implemented, I remember Chelsea playing 4-2-3-1 and the AMF trio, Hazard, William, Oscar were tearing me apart a for 3 seasons, of the best CPU opponents I have played, that respected the stats. Only when seasons passed and they started declining, I achieved some draws and wins, me having promoted Leeds United.

Chelsea and Liverpool basically, best CPU teams I have faced in 2015 and 2016.

2017 pretty good Atletidlco de Madrid and Juventus, Roma CPU opponents. After 2018 I can't remember a CPU team, cause almost every plays the same style.
Indeed, this was the best FOX Engine PES in terms of team individuality for me, Barcelona with their possession and passing, aswell as having MSN on the front, Real Madrid always playing long passes for Ronaldo and Bale on the wings for them to dribble past me with ease or even try some long shots at times, Robben receiving the ball on the wing and cutting inside, Spain hoarding the possession completely and forcing you to defend in a low-block to have any chance of getting the ball... When I compare this to PES2018, which I also own, it's depressing, since I'm usually defending against the same attack over and over, I feel that the bigger pitches also contributed to this, there's more space than there should be nowadays, the pitch in PES2015 was just right and shouldn't have been changed.

I seem to recall having a better time with PES 2015 on the PS3 than those I knew who had jumped to the PS4 that year. Option files were not a thing for the PS4 version I think but I remember having a great time with the game overall without a few of the issues being mentioned on what was then next-gen.

Generally, it's all the more noticable now just how badly the fanbase was treated from PES 2014 onwards. Looking back through these 'retro' games to play as an alternative is a mismatch of missed opportunity, lost features, lazy design and poorly implemented AI.

The PS2 era had it's issues too of course but the fundamentals of solid, challenging gameplay that didn't leave you feeling cheated or just flat was always there...and still is.

Back
Top Bottom