The Retro-PES Corner

@Chris Davies short/serious reply:

2008 PC/ps3/Xbox 360 is the supposed "next"gen" ?????? With many????

Every pes from 2008 to 2014 in PS2, is like a legacy edition of PES 6 with mix and match game content, and gameplay fine tuned, with different changes, good&bad in each version. 2008 is the most pure improved PES6 version.

Roma was always fun to play with to be honest. I'm thinking about starting a Fiorentina ML campain. Amazing team through out all PES series. I still don't have PES 2021 for the moment. So I will go retro, gotta try long range shots by Jorgensen, headers by Toni and some give and go between Montolivo and Liverani. And yes PES 6 with FLS is the one to go with this time.
I'm currently playing a Boca Juniors League mode in PES 5 3D Games Apertura (you'll find it here at number 99) and God I love the chants, sounds like the same as the ones sung by my local team here in Morocco.
Amazing atmosphere I Morocco ,and yes you can't go wrong with Boca:)
Fiorentina is a great club to play as, especially from that era ,I'm playing as them on my cm (FIFA 17)

I played a very long ML with Lazio on PES 6 (when that game came out) and I remember (if I'm not wrong) having Liverani there.

Hope you enjoy it pal.

Given you retro play a good bunch as well, it's kinda surprising to me you never heard about it. It's been a long time that Ps2 2008 is revered as "the" hidden gem of the saga here on the corner (and there was also a previous thread about it by our good @geeeeee ).

Well, enjoy I guess! You should be in for a nice treat.
@Madmac79 you are making me blush :LOVE::BLUSH: (actually what smiley is ‘blush’? :P )

Yeah @geeeeee has been pushing 2008 PS2 version (he ditched us mid PES 17 back in the day ) harder than Stringer Bell pushed crack in them Baltimore tower blocks.

:LOL: I like that, ‘I ditched you’ You aint never forgetting that one.

@Chris Davies here is a link to a short clip of the best goals from fixture 2 of my Euro 2020 that I did. Admittedly we can all slow it down and criticise the players not defending properly etc… but you will get that in all retro games at times.

My favourite ones are:-

Goal 3 - Chadli for Belgium, the CPU just passed me to death at the back and then bam! bam! quick counter attack goal.
Goal 4 - Kane for England, i like this goal because it is the CPU again, watch how Rashford sets Kane up with an excellent header.
Goal 5 - Pavelka for Czech, my goal of the tournament, absolutely love it because these types of goals are rare and it felt so good as soon as it left my ‘D-Pad’ :P

Also Chris, I forgot to say that here on the retro PES corner we have our own mods. So behave or your out :LOL:

Hi guys, after the sad news this week I decided to reinstall PES5 on my PC again and the original season patch. Everything looks fine but my game is stuttering as hell. Maybe someone had the same problem and could fix it?

Hi guys, after the sad news this week I decided to reinstall PES5 on my PC again and the original season patch. Everything looks fine but my game is stuttering as hell. Maybe someone had the same problem and could fix it?
I have a slight stutter and I think that's just how it is (but my PC isn't amazing).

Try reducing the internal resolution. There is a Kitserver config file in the PES 5 / Kitserver directory - sorry, I don't know the name of it - which contains lines something like "internal_horizontal_resolution = 1920, internal_vertical_resolution = 1080". If you reduce those to your desktop resolution, or a smaller one (e.g. 1366x768), it should run better.

Nothing beats WE9LE. My only gripe is that if i download an English patch, it fucks up my original ML squad's name. Anyone know any workaround it ?

I have a slight stutter and I think that's just how it is (but my PC isn't amazing).

Try reducing the internal resolution. There is a Kitserver config file in the PES 5 / Kitserver directory - sorry, I don't know the name of it - which contains lines something like "internal_horizontal_resolution = 1920, internal_vertical_resolution = 1080". If you reduce those to your desktop resolution, or a smaller one (e.g. 1366x768), it should run better.
I have a powerful gaming laptop and it stutters for me too - it’s nothing major but you can tell it’s there.

Ensuring V Sync is set to ‘on’ in graphics card settings helped performance a lot for me.

Damn just realised how boring a day without PES can be :(
(Not saying i play nonstop but i always play min. 1 game a day haha)
Today my PC is acting up. It turns on, but no display on screen. How do i fix this? Thanks

Amazing atmosphere I Morocco ,and yes you can't go wrong with Boca:)
Fiorentina is a great club to play as, especially from that era ,I'm playing as them on my cm (FIFA 17)

I played a very long ML with Lazio on PES 6 (when that game came out) and I remember (if I'm not wrong) having Liverani there.

Hope you enjoy it pal.
Yes mate, I think FIFA 17 career mode had much more possibilities than master league, so for a promosing team like Fiorentina you'd really enjoy the journey.

I haven't play ml with Lazio until PES 2013, I did not make any huge changes to the squads and it did well hopefuly.

Liverani is an amazing and yes he was a Lazio player in PES5. An amazing multitask midfielder I might say.

Thanks

Yes mate, I think FIFA 17 career mode had much more possibilities than master league, so for a promosing team like Fiorentina you'd really enjoy the journey.

I haven't play ml with Lazio until PES 2013, I did not make any huge changes to the squads and it did well hopefuly.

Liverani is an amazing and yes he was a Lazio player in PES5. An amazing multitask midfielder I might say.

Thanks
Is Liverani still at Lecce?
Yes I have high hopes for my Fiorentina (obviously transferred Ribery in...)

My way of playing both ML and Cm ,even myleague on 2k is to do very few transfers the first season ,mainly getting young talent to stay.

When it comes to FIFA I'd wish there would be goals/tasks like in real life and real clubs ,thinking how they rebuild Atalanta with Gasperini as coach,Percassi as President and Costanzi as chief of talent ,instead of the quite fuzzy goals generated for each club.

Feel that I have more freedom in PES ,doing exactly what I described above.

You might aswell try the "Original Season" patch for PES 6 (it's made by @Fabri55 from the "PES 5 Original Season" team, I'm not sure if @Andregranata91 was involved too). Great patches, both of those.
Beautiful patch, I already have it. They have put a lot of effort that I appreciate a lot. But it was kinda sad when I saw Morocco replaced in PES 5 hahaha. For master league, my preferance is to use the original teams.
Also, the Original Season inspired me to make my own version with the original teams and more youngsters and academy players.

I was questionning myself a lot of times, if there is a possibility to add more teams rather than replace, taking under consideration that PES 5 and 6 are old now and under modders control

Is Liverani still at Lecce?
Yes I have high hopes for my Fiorentina (obviously transferred Ribery in...)

My way of playing both ML and Cm ,even myleague on 2k is to do very few transfers the first season ,mainly getting young talent to stay.

When it comes to FIFA I'd wish there would be goals/tasks like in real life and real clubs ,thinking how they rebuild Atalanta with Gasperini as coach,Percassi as President and Costanzi as chief of talent ,instead of the quite fuzzy goals generated for each club.

Feel that I have more freedom in PES ,doing exactly what I described above.
Sure, PES' tasks are so challenging. But I meant by FIFA is that you already have more youngsters in your team than PES.
That freedom in PES made me have the most emotional ml I had so far. A Tottenham in PES 2016.

Liverani? No, he came to Parma this season. I don't know if he would do well with them.

Sure, PES' tasks are so challenging. But I meant by FIFA is that you already have more youngsters in your team than PES.
That freedom in PES made me have the most emotional ml I had so far. A Tottenham in PES 2016.

Liverani? No, he came to Parma this season. I don't know if he would do well with them.
Yeah tons of youngsters.
Didn't know that about Liverani , didn't watch last seasons Corona season that much.

Same for me on PES 17 and Milan ,think there's 5-7 youngsters who absolutely explodes with talent from my 7-8 seasons ,kept them all and they became starters after 2-3 season's , Donnarumma obviously first season

Yeah tons of youngsters.
Didn't know that about Liverani , didn't watch last seasons Corona season that much.

Same for me on PES 17 and Milan ,think there's 5-7 youngsters who absolutely explodes with talent from my 7-8 seasons ,kept them all and they became starters after 2-3 season's , Donnarumma obviously first season
The Tottenham ml did also made some youngsters shine. For sure Dele Alli was the main one, Trippier, Davies, Bentaleb. Without mentionning Kane because he does not need any introduction.

@Madmac79 you are making me blush :LOVE::BLUSH: (actually what smiley is ‘blush’? :P )

@Chris Davies here is a link to a short clip of the best goals from fixture 2 of my Euro 2020 that I did. Admittedly we can all slow it down and criticise the players not defending properly etc… but you will get that in all retro games at times.

Goal 3 - Chadli for Belgium, the CPU just passed me to death at the back and then bam! bam! quick counter attack goal.
Goal 4 - Kane for England, i like this goal because it is the CPU again, watch how Rashford sets Kane up with an excellent header.
Goal 5 - Pavelka for Czech, my goal of the tournament, absolutely love it because these types of goals are rare and it felt so good as soon as it left my ‘D-Pad’ :P
Holy $H!T. That Chadli goal is fantastic. Don't think I've ever seen AI play so patiently and realistically before. OK, I'm playing this later.

Last edited:
I'm going to try out the PES 6 Original Season patch. Is it safe to download and install?

I'm asking because I haven't been here for that long so I don't really know if it's trustworthy.

For all the things I read you saying I suppose it's safe but I still want to ask just in case.

I'm going to try out the PES 6 Original Season patch. Is it safe to download and install?

I'm asking because I haven't been here for that long so I don't really know if it's trustworthy.

For all the things I read you saying I suppose it's safe but I still want to ask just in case.
The whole Evo-Web forum says its good, but i saw a comment on a PES video (idk which video) where someone said that he got a Trojan virus from Sany023's installers. So..its up to you now!

The whole Evo-Web forum says its good, but i saw a comment on a PES video (idk which video) where someone said that he got a Trojan virus from Sany023's installers. So..its up to you now!
Ouch... Well I'm a guy who has a "better safe than sorry" mentality so I guess I'm gonna stick with what I have already safely played I'm afraid.

--------------

EDIT: fixed a typo I hadn't noticed

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw that on Cam's video or some other video where I think I replied to that guy it works, and the only reason he says it's a trojan is that Windows Defender shows a false positive regarding the Internal Resolution Modifier (which you can use to make the textures in game look better) , it's safe, also why would modders even work hard to make those mods and patches just to insert a trojan to infect thousands of people? That guy probably got scared by the fake alert

You should amend this. No one got a trojan virus from the installer, but got a false positive from their anti-virus.

Sany has produced hundreds of installers for various PES5/6 patches. It's not right to associate him with a virus.

That guy should also stay away from kitserver too in that case, that got flagged once because of how one component was named.

Also Chris, I forgot to say that here on the retro PES corner we have our own mods. So behave or your out :LOL:

Man, I was only able to see it now.. and that Chadli's goal is TRULY a thing of beauty, maybe the most beautiful build up by a cpu I've ever watched on a Ps2 Pes.

See, that's exactly the things that made me love Pes. An engine/AI as "simple" as this randomly creating a ball possession and an immediate pass that looks out of a real life team. It will never get old to me.

I saw that on Cam's video or some other video where I think I replied to that guy it works, and the only reason he says it's a trojan is that Windows Defender shows a false positive regarding the Internal Resolution Modifier (which you can use to make the textures in game look better) , it's safe, also why would modders even work hard to make those mods and patches just to insert a trojan to infect thousands of people? That guy probably got scared by the fake alert
Fair enough. Well I will give it a shot then once I'm free. Thanks for making things clearer.

You should amend this. No one got a trojan virus from the installer, but got a false positive from their anti-virus.

Sany has produced hundreds of installers for various PES5/6 patches. It's not right to associate him with a virus.

That guy should also stay away from kitserver too in that case, that got flagged once because of how one component was named.
Oh im really sorry. I never downloaded any patch from him so i dont know. Sorry

@Pagi84 and @Madmac79 yes it really is. The good thing is that it is not a regular way that the CPU scores. Yes the CPU does pass it about sometimes but that is the most passes I have seen in the build up to a goal and it completely caught me by surprise. :)

Just counted and it's 16 passes and not tippy tappy ones.

Back
Top Bottom