The Retro-PES Corner

Very long shot here, but... Does anyone perhaps have the WE9LE PS2 ISO (or the PS2 disc) and could extract the 0_text.afs file and share it here?
I'm trying to collect the most kits I can but honestly I can't find those ones anywhere.
I know they'll be 99% the same kits that I could find in PES 5 but I'd love to see if there's any updated ones (and which).
Thank you! :)

Is it not the same on PC? (Sorry for repeating a question I'm sure has been asked many times...)
Nope. The PC game (despite being "next gen") has always been considered inferior to the PS2 one. Rightly so, I dare say.

For me it is 2008 PS2 version which has an excellent ML compared to PES5 because i believe the transfer market is broke, hardly any offers for players. And gameplay better than the arcade PES6. But obviously there is not all the fancy glitter with mods etc… but in my opinion it is the best experience. :)
Luckily I have a PS2 and 2008, but I've never really played it :)

I did a EURO 2004 tournament on PES 6 and i wanna share my results here haha :)
I dont expect anyone to read this lol its a bit long, but if you love "UnderDog" stories then you may give it a shot ;)

Group A :

1.Portugal / 7
2.Russia / 6
-----------------------
3.Switzerland / 2
4.Sweden / 1

Group B:

1.Croatia / 9
2.Czech / 4
-----------------------
3. Spain / 2
4.Holland / 1

Group C:

Greece / 6
Bulgaria / 4
-----------------------
Latvia / 3
Denmark / 3

Group D (aka Group of death)

England / 9
Germany / 6
-----------------------
France / 1
Italy / 1

(I used a spin wheel for the KO stages because i wanted to get some fun fixtures haha)

England 2 - 1 Portugal - Is it Coming Home?

Russia 5 - 2 Bulgaria - A thriller here!

Czech 0 - 1 Germany - 2 Penalties Missed by Jan Koller and some 1v1 Chances by Baros, Czech got unlucky i see.

Greece 3 - 0 Croatia - HatTrick by Vryzas!

SemiFinals

Russia 3 - 2 Greece - Amazing game! Brace by Bulykin , the topscorer of the Euros! To be honest, When the tournament started, i didnt even think Russia can pass the group, and here they are, IN THE EURO FINALS!! who doesn't love a Underdog story?

Czech 0 - 1 England - England secured the ticket to the Final by a amazing Free-Kick from the Chelsea midfielder - Lampard.

The BIG final!

We have the Russians, the underdogs of the tournament versus England, who are trying to bring it home!

Russia 2-1 England

RUSSIA ARE EURO 2004 CHAMPIONS!!! I REPEAT IT AGAIN, RUSSIA ARE EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS!! Who expected that to be honest? Absolutely no freaking one. England failed to bring it home...again. A true Underdog story. It was the most fun tournament i ever did on PES, hands down.

Is it not the same on PC? (Sorry for repeating a question I'm sure has been asked many times...)

No it's completely different Chris. The PS2 version of the game got lost because of... what you could call a "perfect storm". It was so bad on PC and PS3 and also PES5 and PES6 have all the support and mods and patches etc...

I truly believe that if it was the same on PC then PES6 wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

Luckily I have a PS2 and 2008, but I've never really played it :)
Why not give it a go? Feel free to use my option file (you can find the link to it in my signature.) :)

No it's completely different Chris. The PS2 version of the game got lost because of... what you could call a "perfect storm". It was so bad on PC and PS3 and also PES5 and PES6 have all the support and mods and patches etc...

I truly believe that if it was the same on PC then PES6 wouldn't have a leg to stand on.
Hm. I have a PS2 that's soft-modded to play ISOs from a USB... I guess I know what I'm doing this weekend.

So I have a decent laptop MSI gaming laptop with nVida gtx950m graphics card and i7 processor………

A. Will it run pro Evo 5 /6 at 1080p?
B. Where can I get the game ?
C. Will it be compatible with a controller?
D. No idea how to add patches?

sorry for noob questions but I am going retro after the dog shit announcement yesterday……….

Yeah I'm sure that will be fine. Before my graphics card recently died (great timing!) I could run it at 3840*2160 on a gtx760 with an AMDFX6350 with 8GB.

Get the patches in here https://evoweb.uk/threads/pes-6-global-patches-full-installers-by-sany.67651/page-119#post-3727436 Patches from PES3 to PES6 (and most WE's in between) All install as separate games so you can have as many on your laptop as you like and no need to get the game. The settings.exe in the folder it installs in is where you set up your controller.

No, it's a horror show in comparison. The beginning of the 13 year end game, with a few minor recoveries thrown in on the way.

I dont expect anyone to read this lol its a bit long, but if you love "UnderDog" stories then you may give it a shot ;)

Group A :

1.Portugal / 7
2.Russia / 6
-----------------------
3.Switzerland / 2
4.Sweden / 1

Group B:

1.Croatia / 9
2.Czech / 4
-----------------------
3. Spain / 2
4.Holland / 1

Group C:

Greece / 6
Bulgaria / 4
-----------------------
Latvia / 3
Denmark / 3

England / 9
Germany / 6
-----------------------
France / 1
Italy / 1

(I used a spin wheel for the KO stages because i wanted to get some fun fixtures haha)

Czech 0 - 1 Germany - 2 Penalties Missed by Jan Koller and some 1v1 Chances by Baros, Czech got unlucky i see.

SemiFinals

Russia 3 - 2 Greece - Amazing game! Brace by Bulykin , the topscorer of the Euros! To be honest, When the tournament started, i didnt even think Russia can pass the group, and here they are, IN THE EURO FINALS!! who doesn't love a Underdog story?

Czech 0 - 1 England - England secured the ticket to the Final by a amazing Free-Kick from the Chelsea midfielder - Lampard.

The BIG final!

We have the Russians, the underdogs of the tournament versus England, who are trying to bring it home!

Russia 2-1 England

RUSSIA ARE EURO 2004 CHAMPIONS!!! I REPEAT IT AGAIN, RUSSIA ARE EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS!! Who expected that to be honest? Absolutely no freaking one. England failed to bring it home...again. A true Underdog story. It was the most fun tournament i ever did on PES, hands down.
Great post, I remember feeling the same way you did two weeks ago when I played an Internacional Challenge and won the World Cup with Scotland after beating England on pens in the final :)

I’m having an amazing time with PES 5. If you’re thinking of playing it on PC, download the patch @Chris Davies linked to. And make sure it’s v6!
I honestly love when you talk about your PES 5 experiences, but I'm afraid I can't actually live them myself since my PC couldn't run a patch properly :/ so I have to settle with your stories.

Given you retro play a good bunch as well, it's kinda surprising to me you never heard about it. It's been a long time that Ps2 2008 is revered as "the" hidden gem of the saga here on the corner (and there was also a previous thread about it by our good @geeeeee ).

Well, enjoy I guess! You should be in for a nice treat.

Group A :

1.Portugal / 7
2.Russia / 6
-----------------------
3.Switzerland / 2
4.Sweden / 1

Group B:

1.Croatia / 9
2.Czech / 4
-----------------------
3. Spain / 2
4.Holland / 1

Group C:

Greece / 6
Bulgaria / 4
-----------------------
Latvia / 3
Denmark / 3

England / 9
Germany / 6
-----------------------
France / 1
Italy / 1

SemiFinals

The BIG final!

Russia 2-1 England

So Moscow was home in 2004 then?
Great write up pal.
Feel free to do another one for some other tournament

I honestly love when you talk about your PES 5 experiences, but I'm afraid I can't actually live them myself since my PC couldn't run a patch properly :/ so I have to settle with your stories.
I don’t think you’d need a mega powerful PC to play it mate? Download it and give it a try, it’s a very old game now.

If it's the same you and I are playing @Mikhail he should be able to run it ,my laptop , basically a standard runs it perfectly
How you progressing mate? I’m sitting 6th with Roma after 14 matches played.

Might start a Man Utd save tomorrow, I think PES 5 was around the time when Chelsea were starting to dominate domestically and Liverpool in Europe.

How you progressing mate? I’m sitting 6th with Roma after 14 matches played.

Might start a Man Utd save tomorrow, I think PES 5 was around the time when Chelsea were starting to dominate domestically and Liverpool in Europe.
Yeah that's the period.
4 games only ,with Roma ,my FIFA 17 takes up most of my gaming ,I do play when the wife is watching crap on the telly.
So slowly going fw ,3 losses and one win.
Tough game this.

One thing I love playing older games ,and most people wants new patches etc ,is to play with old rosters ,Totti etc.
Love it

Yeah that's the period.
4 games only ,with Roma ,my FIFA 17 takes up most of my gaming ,I do play when the wife is watching crap on the telly.
So slowly going fw ,3 losses and one win.
Tough game this.

One thing I love playing older games ,and most people wants new patches etc ,is to play with old rosters ,Totti etc.
Love it
Roma was always fun to play with to be honest. I'm thinking about starting a Fiorentina ML campain. Amazing team through out all PES series. I still don't have PES 2021 for the moment. So I will go retro, gotta try long range shots by Jorgensen, headers by Toni and some give and go between Montolivo and Liverani. And yes PES 6 with FLS is the one to go with this time.
I'm currently playing a Boca Juniors League mode in PES 5 3D Games Apertura (you'll find it here at number 99) and God I love the chants, sounds like the same as the ones sung by my local team here in Morocco.

One more question is passing speed calculated from shot power or they separated , if I have a player with shot power 50 and passing speed 99 will his passing be more powerful than his shooting ?

Anyone reckon there's scope for a PS2 patching/modding thread? I feel daft asking because I could barely contribute to it; I'd very much be a learner and not a teacher!

It just seems to be a lost art and I've found - as a learner - that there's a shortage of resources and tutorials about the various tools and what they can do. Especially in English.

Just testing the water.

Roma was always fun to play with to be honest. I'm thinking about starting a Fiorentina ML campain. Amazing team through out all PES series. I still don't have PES 2021 for the moment. So I will go retro, gotta try long range shots by Jorgensen, headers by Toni and some give and go between Montolivo and Liverani. And yes PES 6 with FLS is the one to go with this time.
I'm currently playing a Boca Juniors League mode in PES 5 3D Games Apertura (you'll find it here at number 99) and God I love the chants, sounds like the same as the ones sung by my local team here in Morocco.
Ah man I’m jealous, Morocco is a beautiful country.

Pes2008 PC=pes2008ps2?

Biggest blasphemy I've read ever here.

Chris I sentence you to 100 podcasts with all the beloved FuT and MC pro players.

You will discuss pack openings, lag cheating, AI blocks, skillgap and about the potential of Competitors Mode as a thesis by default.

Last edited:
I want to play with 2020/2021 squads and I can’t believe I didn’t know about this! Is this the best version right now?

https://evoweb.uk/threads/firebird-patch-2021-euro-2020-update.84637/post-3659559
Last pacth I played was firebird 2017, it was the most polished patch back then. If it is same team & philosophy, I assume it is safe to go.

Also a team from Chile, PECH patch I think, had very polished content, although more focus in Latin America clubs. I love Latam teams so no problem for me to sacrifice French or Dutch League. Up to anyone's taste.

IMO yes. This is the best PES6 patch I've ever played, in terms of gameplay. PES6 is my favourite overall though so keep that in mind. :)

Last pacth I played was firebird 2017, it was the most polished patch back then. If it is same team & philosophy, I assume it is safe to go.

Also a team from Chile, PECH patch I think, had very polished content, although more focus in Latin America clubs. I love Latam teams so no problem for me to sacrifice French or Dutch League. Up to anyone's taste.

Thank you mates for the replies!

Please can someone update as to what pes games are available to download from here, for instance pes 14 is available along with pes 17 are there any older
games such as pes 8,9,10,11,12

Back
Top Bottom