The Retro-PES Corner

One of my favourite hobbies is kit editing on PES 6, I love creating custom designs and concepts in the in-game editor (my current OF I'm using is the Cantonass OF but I used the PESFan Editor to allow myself to edit every single kit in the game including the ones of the licensed clubs such as Milan and Barcelona), and well this home kit I made for West Ham based on the new kit they released for the 2021-22 season might be my favourite kit I've ever done:

View attachment 111496

PS: Yeah the crest is different because that's another change I made, I gave some clubs a classic crest.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: for some reason I said in-game simulator instead of in-game editor but I fixed it now.
I've probably spent more time on the editor than any other mode in every PES game I've played, it's nice to see that I'm not the only one that absolutely adores making my own kits and then playing with them to see how they look on the pitch, it's just so fun for some reason, especially if you change them in every League or ML season, or in every Cup, since it gives each season it's own feel and identity. That's a very nice West Ham kit, love their colors, making burgundy/wine colored kits is always fun since they're classy by default.

I've probably spent more time on the editor than any other mode in every PES game I've played, it's nice to see that I'm not the only one that absolutely adores making my own kits and then playing with them to see how they look on the pitch, it's just so fun for some reason, especially if you change them in every League or ML season, or in every Cup, since it gives each season it's own feel and identity. That's a very nice West Ham kit, love their colors, making burgundy/wine colored kits is always fun since they're classy by default.
It's an awesome feeling seeing your created club wearing the custom kits you made for it, lifting the European Championship trophy.

I also made a kit for ADO Den Haag, which looks completely different from the one it had in the original game (green with yellow stripes):

ADO 69-70.jpg

It looks a bit like that. I thought it would be fun. I just turned my PC off but when I'm not too lazy to turn it back on I'll show a screenshot.

It's an awesome feeling seeing your created club wearing the custom kits you made for it, lifting the European Championship trophy.

I also made a kit for ADO Den Haag, which looks completely different from the one it had in the original game (green with yellow stripes):

View attachment 111498

It looks a bit like that. I thought it would be fun. I just turned my PC off but when I'm not too lazy to turn it back on I'll show a screenshot.
I really like the look of this, the color combination reminds me of Fluminense here in Brazil, who always have stunning kits, it's just a good combination really, and the Ajax style singular large stripe in the middle is always pure class.

View attachment 111498

I don't think it is different because, for their entire history they had green-red kits as away kit.

Fun Fact: It is sort of a ritual for me to play a Master League with ADO in all PES Series. The most successful campaign was in PES 2013 with the amazing PESEdit Patch *-*

I recently reinstalled PES 2013 on my PC after PES because I wanted to create a team and a stadium and then go straight into ML

Man, that stadium creator was basic as hell but it's cool, love to have it in the basic game without having to mod.
Creating a team isn't great, you can have only 1 logo on the shirt-

I feel strange at the gameplay and the graphic, (playing at medium difficulty atm) but hey I can touch other players without making fouls like in Pes 21!
And I discovered a curious thing: I'm playing with the Italian commentary, and oh my some phrases ARE THE SAME of PES 20/21!!! Not joking, they picked these audio pieces and pasted into new games.

For the ML part, ok we have less championships but is cool to manage staff.
Negative point is the lenght of transfers, 2 weeks to the first approach to a player... just to have a negative reply

I don't think it is different because, for their entire history they had green-red kits as away kit.

Fun Fact: It is sort of a ritual for me to play a Master League with ADO in all PES Series. The most successful campaign was in PES 2013 with the amazing PESEdit Patch *-*
I never actually went for a dutch team for my ML, I only played twice with real clubs and the rest were all created clubs. How far did you go in that ML?

I never actually went for a dutch team for my ML, I only played twice with real clubs and the rest were all created clubs. How far did you go in that ML?
Well to be honest, I am not that guy who would play more than two seasons, to keep it a bit realistic. I remember the first season in PES 2013 I finished mid table and in the second season I took a spot in the UEFA Europa League and got knocked out in the quarters. PES 2016 campaign was also good, UEFA Europa League qualification in the first season, got knocked out from group stages and the second season I escaped relegation (even though there was no second division). I feel playing ML with a dutch team is very underrated, so challenging...

Hell yeah! I do wonder whether we'll see an influx of traffic into this thread after today's revelations...

So what has exactly happened? I noticed that the name has been changed and i read some of the posts in the RIP thread but there were too many to catch up.

What has made it more dead this time than the last 10 or so years?

So what has exactly happened? I noticed that the name has been changed and i read some of the posts in the RIP thread but there were too many to catch up.

What has made it more dead this time than the last 10 or so years?
PES/Winning Eleven is now just gonna be called eFOOTBALL.
Free to play.
Digital only.
No more yearly releases.
Now the game will essentially be just a service with updates.
Crossplay between every platform including mobile.
PS5/XSX will play against mobile which will force them to dumb down the game so it's fundamentally the same for all platforms.
No mention of offline modes at all.
New logo and visual presentation in general looks absolutely awful.
It looks worse than the last few FOX titles graphically even with Unreal because it's pretty much an upscaled mobile game.
That NewFootballGame Beta from a few weeks ago looks like the real deal because this looks exactly like it.

PES/Winning Eleven is now just gonna be called eFOOTBALL.
Free to play.
Digital only.
No more yearly releases.
Now the game will essentially be just a service with updates.
Crossplay between every platform including mobile.
PS5/XSX will play against mobile which will force them to dumb down the game so it's fundamentally the same for all platforms.
No mention of offline modes at all.
New logo and visual presentation in general looks absolutely awful.
It looks worse than the last few FOX titles graphically even with Unreal because it's pretty much an upscaled mobile game.
That NewFootballGame Beta from a few weeks ago looks like the real deal because this looks exactly like it.

Ok thanks for letting me know.

Being totally honest the game has been dead for me for years now anyway. But that does look like the final nail in the coffin.

I'm not sure where to post this exactly, since this is a general advice for pretty much every FOX Engine PES, so I think this is probably the best thread for it.

I think many would agree that in the higher difficulty settings the CPU plays in a much more cheap way, usually doing the same efficient plays perfectly over and over, regardless of the team you're up against, so every match feels very similar and frustrating, more end to end and robotic at times, so the best way to preserve team individuality and realism, to keep things as organic as possible, is sticking with the lower difficulty settings, like Regular and Professional.

One of the main issues with this is obvious, it can become too easy to win with time, so one of the solutions is to play in FUMA, to make up for that less challenging difficulty, that way you'll make more mistakes, missing goals and lose the ball more often. However with time a new problem might show up, you start getting used to FUMA, and the only solution seems to be going up to the higher settings that to many are not ideal.

I think I've found a solution, a surprisingly simple one too, all you have to do is change your camera.

This works especially well in the FOX Engine PES games, because they have customizable cameras, I admit it's not as customizable as I'd like, but those sliders in the Wide, Dynamic Wide and Stadium cameras are very useful. If you like playing in a low zoom, high height and low angle camera, like I usually do, then it doesn't take long to get the hang of FUMA, because it's very simple, you point in that direction and the ball goes there, however when we start adding in things like a lower height or a higher angle, it becomes a lot more difficult to pass and cross, but especially to shoot, so you'll go back to making more mistakes and missing more chances, even if you're used already to FUMA.

You have to relearn where to aim to get a certain result, and that takes time, it's almost like relearning FUMA all over again, with the main difference being that you already have an understanding on how it works, and practice. This works in general, any camera switch is going to have this effect, all that changes is how intense that effect is, depending on what camera you were playing on, and which one you switched to.

I know this might not be the perfect solution, but it's what I came up with, and it's working well enough on my end, I was playing with the standard Wide camera, with Zoom: 0, Height: 5 and Angle: 0, now I switched to Zoom: 2, Height: 2 and Angle: 0, a slider setting that PES2018 calls Pitchside, it reminds me of the camera with the same name on PES2012, which I loved playing in, I'm missing a lot more of my shots now and making more mistakes in passing too, so Professional it's challenging again, thankfully, no Top Player for me.
After this whole eFOOTBALL thing I'm sure that many like me are probably just going to stick with older PES games for the forseeable future, right now PES2018 is the latest one I own, so I'm doing some more testing with it, I've already mentioned a few of my suggestions for making the game more playable, however I'm constantly trying to look for new ways to improve it even more.

Right now my biggest challenge is making Professional difficulty hard enough so that I don't have to switch to Top Player, in my last few matches I've been experimenting with going to -1 attack/defence levels, by double tapping down on the d-pad, from the start of the match, all the way until the end, never switching up, only down if I'm trying to hold onto a lead in the last few minutes.

I'm very happy with it so far, because it helps both offensively and defensively when it comes to making it harder, I have less numbers going forward, less options, so creating chances is harder, while at the back I'm defending in a low block, I was already using all out defence as the defensive strategy, but now it's a genuine low block, which I like, since it gives the CPU more space in the midfield, so now they actually use it a bit, and they have a harder time making those same long and direct passes to the strikers and wingers, they have to actually pass it around and try to penetrate my defensive unit, like in a real life match.

Another thing I'm doing is trying to be less agressive in my defending, the lower attack/defense level helps because having less players forward and defending in a low block means that there are less instances of me getting the ball back on their half, so now my main method of defending is a more conservative one, by trying to block the passing lanes, which not only stops the CPU's direct passing, but also slows the game down a bit, which again makes it feel more like the real thing.

Once again I'll admit that this isn't an ideal solution, but it's what I've managed to come up with for now, I have to find ways to make this game as good as it can be, especially now that I no longer have a newer PES to look forward to, this is it, so let's do our best to get the most out of the previous titles we have access to I guess...

can someone please help me remember, going back a while! i remember a version of pes which used external software to enable p2p networking, the software let others meet up, and could chat, i think one could actually chat in game also via keyboard, this was pc only, early 2000's , what was version of pes and what was software called?

Hi guys, with the recent tragic news I want to go back to the glory days.
In your opinion, which ISS/PES/WE (including mods if you want) is the best in terms of ML experience, CPU AI, player and team ID and just general fun gameplay? I'd guess PES3 or 5/6, but I'm not sure and don't know what mods to use. Any help?

In your opinion, which ISS/PES/WE (including mods if you want) is the best in terms of ML experience, CPU AI, player and team ID and just general fun gameplay? I'd guess PES3 or 5/6, but I'm not sure and don't know what mods to use. Any help?
I think PES 3 and 5 get the most thumbs up from this thread in general. @Flipper the Priest, is it WE7I (JP) you play? That's the best version of PES 3 you can play.

Are you on PC? Check out this PES 5 mod called "PES 5 - The Original Season" by @Fabri55 and @Andregranata91. It's like a HD version of PES 5, fully-featured with all the teams and stadiums from the original season (2005/2006). It's honestly just wonderful.

I don't think you can go wrong with any of them really, they are all great in their own way. PES 6 has by far the most patches and you can choose from hundreds here - https://evoweb.uk/threads/pes-6-global-patches-full-installers-by-sany.67651/page-119#post-3727436
just download and install and they are ready to go as a separate game (there's patches from 3-6 including most of the WE versions too) Just scroll down through them and see what takes your fancy.

As those all in one patches generally don't have stadiums in them as the downloads would be ridiculous sizes here's where you can find just about every PES6 stadium too

https://evoweb.uk/threads/stadium-collection-2302-stadiums.67565/

As @Chris Davies said above @Fabri55 's patch is brilliant too - which you'll find in that thread as well.

I think PES 3 and 5 get the most thumbs up from this thread in general. @Flipper the Priest, is it WE7I (JP) you play? That's the best version of PES 3 you can play.

Are you on PC? Check out this PES 5 mod called "PES 5 - The Original Season" by @Fabri55 and @Andregranata91. It's like a HD version of PES 5, fully-featured with all the teams and stadiums from the original season (2005/2006). It's honestly just wonderful.
That sounds perfect, I am on PC yeah, forgot to say that, cheers I'll try it!.

I mean in my case, PES 6 ML is my jam but you can play the game you feel more comfortable with.

I don't think you can go wrong with any of them really, they are all great in their own way. PES 6 has by far the most patches and you can choose from hundreds here - https://evoweb.uk/threads/pes-6-global-patches-full-installers-by-sany.67651/page-119#post-3727436
just download and install and they are ready to go as a separate game (there's patches from 3-6 including most of the WE versions too) Just scroll down through them and see what takes your fancy.

As those all in one patches generally don't have stadiums in them as the downloads would be ridiculous sizes here's where you can find just about every PES6 stadium too

https://evoweb.uk/threads/stadium-collection-2302-stadiums.67565/

As @Chris Davies said above @Fabri55 's patch is brilliant too - which you'll find in that thread as well.
Sounds great, but one thing I really like are team chants, I think they add so much to match atmosphere. Are there chants in these?

Sounds great, but one thing I really like are team chants, I think they add so much to match atmosphere. Are there chants in these?
I've only heard Liverpool chants (despite not playing as Liverpool) - I think chants may be a limitation with the older games, not too sure.

One of my favourite hobbies is kit editing on PES 6, I love creating custom designs and concepts in the in-game editor (my current OF I'm using is the Cantonass OF but I used the PESFan Editor to allow myself to edit every single kit in the game including the ones of the licensed clubs such as Milan and Barcelona), and well this home kit I made for West Ham based on the new kit they released for the 2021-22 season might be my favourite kit I've ever done:

View attachment 111496

PS: Yeah the crest is different because that's another change I made, I gave some clubs a classic crest.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: for some reason I said in-game simulator instead of in-game editor but I fixed it now.
Ok so an update on all of this:

I can be a f*cking idiot some times... I deleted some stuff while cleaning my PC and it seems I forgot to send the Option File to my pendrive before removing it from my computer lmfao now it's all gone and I think I'm too lazy to start over :LOL:

Yeah @Pagi84 I recommend the Japanese WE7I but I don't think it was released on PC. If you have a PC with any muscle it'll be able to handle PS2 emulation though! That opens up another world.

As @mattmid says, you can't really go wrong. The wonderful thing is that they're so easy to get a hold of. With a decent internet connection, you could have every PS1 and PS2 PES/Winning Eleven in your library by tea time.

As @mattmid says, you can't really go wrong. The wonderful thing is that they're so easy to get a hold of. With a decent internet connection, you could have every PS1 and PS2 PES/Winning Eleven in your library by tea time.
...and be late for work the next day cos you were up until 4am missing open goals and calling Castolo a c- no? Just me? Okay then.

@Pagi84

I think a fair few of them have the proper chants in them, certainly the one's where a team of people have worked on them. The South American one's always seem to be good although to be fair I wouldn't know if it was the wrong team chant with those teams generally unless they were chanting a different team name!

I think there's some of Shollym's patches in there somewhere (when you get to the end of the first list there's a link to jump forward to the next lot) His patches were always excellent, chants and all. There's even a full national teams patch with every team an international team. It was a few years back now but well worth downloading if that one is in there.

So I have a decent laptop MSI gaming laptop with nVida gtx950m graphics card and i7 processor………

A. Will it run pro Evo 5 /6 at 1080p?
B. Where can I get the game ?
C. Will it be compatible with a controller?
D. No idea how to add patches?

sorry for noob questions but I am going retro after the dog shit announcement yesterday……….

So I have a decent laptop MSI gaming laptop with nVida gtx950m graphics card and i7 processor………

A. Will it run pro Evo 5 /6 at 1080p?
B. Where can I get the game ?
C. Will it be compatible with a controller?
D. No idea how to add patches?

sorry for noob questions but I am going retro after the dog shit announcement yesterday……….
Good call. I think everyone will go retro since they will have no choice.
Personally I don't know shit about computers but I assume it can run quite smoothly (I'm saying this without having any knowledge of the matter so if I'm wrong feel free to correct me).

For me it is 2008 PS2 version which has an excellent ML compared to PES5 because i believe the transfer market is broke, hardly any offers for players. And gameplay better than the arcade PES6. But obviously there is not all the fancy glitter with mods etc… but in my opinion it is the best experience. :)

For me it is 2008 PS2 version which has an excellent ML compared to PES5 because i believe the transfer market is broke, hardly any offers for players. And gameplay better than the arcade PES6. But obviously there is not all the fancy glitter with mods etc… but in my opinion it is the best experience. :)
Is it not the same on PC? (Sorry for repeating a question I'm sure has been asked many times...)

Back
Top Bottom