The Retro-PES Corner

Download and install this mate:

https://evoweb.uk/threads/pes-5-the-original-season-by-fabri55-and-andregranata91.81749/

Really easy to do (even I could do it!). I'm playing a PES ML with Roma and it's so much fun. Chants for every team, every stadium included. Just had a blast away at Atalanta - at their actual ground! Scrappy 1-1 borefest in the rain. Lots of fouls. PES at its best.
Aah, lovely mate!
I'll get right on it.
Just finished a ML on 17,8th seasons with Milan,and I've been back and forth between FIFA 15 to 16 and back to 17,finally decided to have a [FIFA] go at Fiorentina , but your idea and suggestion will be taken asap.
Yeah it's tons of fouls on PES 5, fantastic!
Much love buddy.

Aah, lovely mate!
I'll get right on it.
Just finished a ML on 17,8th seasons with Milan,and I've been back and forth between FIFA 15 to 16 and back to 17,finally decided to have a [FIFA] go at Fiorentina , but your idea and suggestion will be taken asap.
Yeah it's tons of fouls on PES 5, fantastic!
Much love buddy.
Enjoy mate, good to hear from you :)

I have played PES 6 to death,probably the only football game I played between 05-2010.
To me it's way to fast,great game but I think 3/5 or WE9 will be the ones I'm looking in to

Don't forget if you are playing on the laptop you can change the speeder.cfg in the kitserver folder from the default value of 1 to something like 0.95 or even lower to make the game slower.

I have a few retro games in n my laptop,which is nice when travelling or the TV(s) are occupied at home.
I've got Pes 5-6,but I'm thinking if I should install another one.

So which one will do the trick?
Pes 3, Pes 5 (the installer I have is pretty choppy) or WE 9.
Any suggestions/comparisons welcomed.

Those Original Season patches are amazing. I, too, recommend them.

Late to the party but this is a similar, 'pure' patch for the greatest football game of all time, PES3.

Guys, advice please: I’m enjoying PES 5 again, such a good game.

Can someone explain how I stop the attack/defence levels changing whilst I’m playing a match? I set my team to attack with L1 and R2 but after a few minutes it drops back to balanced or sometimes defensive.

Guys, advice please: I’m enjoying PES 5 again, such a good game.

Can someone explain how I stop the attack/defence levels changing whilst I’m playing a match? I set my team to attack with L1 and R2 but after a few minutes it drops back to balanced or sometimes defensive.
In formation screen,strategy, tactics, somewhere it has level chamge,options semi auto,auto,semimanual,manual default etc..

You’re a legend thanks mate
Sorry that i did not remember the exact name, but when KONAMI changes the names\titles in the UIs and menus, every year without reason, it is very hard to recall which year each thing was named!!

Also bonus tip, pes5 is the last pes you can choose 1 of 3 marking styles in individual settings, Zone marking, man markng and COVERING

Sorry that i did not remember the exact name, but when KONAMI changes the names\titles in the UIs and menus, every year without reason, it is very hard to recall which year each thing was named!!

Also bonus tip, pes5 is the last pes you can choose 1 of 3 marking styles in individual settings, Zone marking, man markng and COVERING
Thanks again man! Yes I forgot how deep PES was back then. Good times :)

Thanks again man! Yes I forgot how deep PES was back then. Good times :)
Forgot to explain. Covering was very usefull for the DMFs and CMFs, cause they were covering any player from the back line that did an overlap.

It was from the unexplained things that were removed in PES6, while most gameplan screen options remain almost same.

You know typical KONAMI staff:
-a, b & c work perfectly.
-OK let's remove feature b.
-OH why?
-Just because! :D

Forgot to explain. Covering was very usefull for the DMFs and CMFs, cause they were covering any player from the back line that did an overlap.

It was from the unexplained things that were removed in PES6, while most gameplan screen options remain almost same.

You know typical KONAMI staff:
-a, b & c work perfectly.
-OK let's remove feature b.
-OH why?
-Just because! :D
So I can apply covering to specific player roles or just in general? Not at the PC right now so chat check :)

So I can apply covering to specific player roles or just in general? Not at the PC right now so chat check :)
To each individual player, except for the GK I assume. It is an individual instruction, like the attacking and defensive arrows.

To be honest I haven't used to other players, except for my midfielders, I think it would make the formation too fluid.

I have played PES 6 to death,probably the only football game I played between 05-2010.
To me it's way to fast,great game but I think 3/5 or WE9 will be the ones I'm looking in to
I played pes 4 5 6 a lot, i think i really liked pes 4 because of the ball is more free than 5 and 6, especially when u play rainy day matches, the game shines

Dont wish to be that PES hipster guy but try WE8LE if you can. I like PES4 but can't help but think that in moving so far away from PES3 they got a few things very wrong. Keepers for starters, and the weight of the ball. WE8LE irons out flaws to be the game I wish PES4 was. I'm not sure if the balls feels better in any other PS2 PES.

Isn't shooting very soft on 4?
Or do I remember it completely wrong.

Yeah. I lament the loss of the knee-over-the-ball thunderbolts from PES4 onwards as it all gets a little floaty. But it's especially lightweight in PES4. And yet the keepers are still all too happy to watch it sail past them!

Who shoots in pes4 anyway? I mean tapins and bombarding the opponent GK with shoot+R1 chipshots is more than enough.
Either way , this game is the King of Chipshots!!! :D

King of chips! Chipped through balls are devastating, too.

Back
Top Bottom