The Retro-PES Corner

Use next one kserv.cfg with kitserver 4.4.0 for full hd support in fullscreen mode.

# KitServer configuration file

kdb.dir = ".\"

vKey.homeKit = 0x31
vKey.awayKit = 0x32
vKey.gkHomeKit = 0x33
vKey.gkAwayKit = 0x34

# ADVANCED FEATURE
# possible values:
# 0 - no texture boost
# 1 - kit textures from KDB are boosted
# 2 - all kit textures are boosted
kit.useLargeTexture = 0

vKey.prevBall = 0x56
vKey.nextBall = 0x42
vKey.randomBall = 0x52
vKey.resetBall = 0x43

aspect.ratio = 1.7777
game.speed = 1.0

fullscreen.width = 1920
fullscreen.height = 1080
internal.resolution.width = 1920
internal.resolution.height = 1080

If you want another resolution - you need change parameters: aspect.ratio, fullscreen.width, fullscreen.height to values that will be suitable for your monitor.
I tried right now but when I launch the game it's still in 640x480 in full screen

I tried right now but when I launch the game it's still in 640x480 in full screen

If you using Windows 10 may be you need also try to use compatibility for pes4.exe.
You also can check readme.txt in folder of kitserver for reading about setting aspect ratio.

For me all works correctly without any problems.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Try removing the #s on the lines where resolution and aspect ratio are stated.
When a line starts with # is commented out so it won't be used.

On top of that, make sure Kitserver is correctly attached to the exe file (there should be a setup program for you to see it... It's not like Sider that auto-attaches itself to the game).

The PC version has different database structure, the "modern one" (saying modern cause it is used up to today), with the EDIT0000.bin and the "systemsettings.dat" files.

The PS2 version uses the old database structure with the KONWIN32OPT option file system.

I do not know how it can help you, except for RAW editing, side by side.
That's exactly why I'm looking to use the PC version for RAW editing side by side. Any idea why it isn't installing on my laptop? Is it because I'm using windows 7?

That's exactly why I'm looking to use the PC version for RAW editing side by side. Any idea why it isn't installing on my laptop? Is it because I'm using windows 7?
Hi, good to see another PES2008 PS2 lover. I’m a bit confused do you just want to copy the stats of the pc version?

I’m not sure why the pc one won’t work sorry.

I unfortunatelly can't help you with no info at all. Don't you receive any error message? Maybe some incompatibility? Stupid question but do you play other games? I am asking cause many years ago, really many years, still has Windos WP, i was trying to play PES 6 in a fresh Windows install after format, clicking the .exe and nothing was happening. But i soon realised i had not installed DirectX !! :) But i think it was to play, not to install, the problem.

The next time i had similar problem with an old game, was when i was trying to again either install or play NBA live 2008 (can't recall again) from the disc to my Windows 7 systems, which i bought in a burgain in 2015.
But IIRC i was a getting a Windows-error message. But i think it was to play it again, not to install, cause IIRC i "found" a no-DVD exe and played it.

I would suggest you the usual Windows 7 excuse, try to run the setup by right click "Run as administrator" , which is an all-time classic :P , or try a different Disc, in case your copy is damaged, or try your disc in a different PC & system to check how it functions, or since you bought it and did your duty, put it in your shelf and download an abondonware version (sic!) to make some tests.

So... this happened. Felt like writing about it here to vent with people who probably understand the pain better than anyone else.

PES 2012 ML with my beloved Hjorwesland, which are literally the worst team in the game and that's the reason they were my choice.
Even made new crests and kits for them through the ML, it was a really personal team to me really.
It's Season 3, after a 1st season close to the bottom of the D2 table, our club's real place before the ML began anyways, and a 2nd season alternating between top and bottom, and ultimately ending midtable, finally we're fighting at the top, it's the last game and a victory at home guarantees promotion, maybe even the D2 title.

Regardless of the result, it was going to be my last season in this ML, and ending on a high note would be the best.

The match starts and we're 1x0 up, after that we lost a chance at the last play before half time, the ball just had to hit the post instead of going to the goal.
In the 2nd half, more missed chances until finally the goal comes... For them, and then in the last ball of the game they make it 2x1.
The final whistle comes and my players aren't celebrating, which meant we missed out on promotion, after looking at the table it came to me that the win would've given us the title, and the draw would've given us promotion, maybe even the title really, but my dissapointment was too much so i'm not sure, didn't look at the table for too long, that last shot just ruined it all.

No words to be honest, not even a rage at the end, just stared at the screen kind of speechless, this couldn't have been more painful and dissapointing, almost feels like the game did it on purpose.

I'm sure my fellow forum members have probably experienced this before in PES through the years, but man, this was the first time something like this happened to me and it feels pretty awful tbh, hopefully someone can relate to the pain this game can bring sometimes lol.
So... I've started season 4, even after what happened last time, I might be a masochist without knowing it.

What can I say, I've had this game since 2011, it's special to me, in a way it's like a relationship with someone special, we might have our fights, but I always go back to it, I can't help it, she's just too hot... I mean, the game is just too enticing for some reason. The graphics are lovely, the presentation is lovely, the OST is lovely, the football can be miserable, yes, but it can also be, well... Lovely. Also, I've grown really attached to this club and players, especially since I made a new crest, stadium and kits during this ML, it really feels like my team.

I just couldn't let it end like that, this story has to go forward, my players deserve a chance of redemption with the fans, all of my players... Except the ones I released in the transfer window of course, screw them. Released Hedreyer, Kraglixen and Rexoe. Nothing personal, but I don't play them, they don't even fit well into my tactics, but they have wages, and I'd rather use that money on the youth players' wages instead, again, nothing personal, wish them the best, but won't miss them either.

What I will miss is Palmieri, which went out for free, the ungrateful bastard, and Duffy, who after getting an offer I rejected, went into my office to complain, honestly I don't want anyone to stay in the club against their will, so I let him go and made some money, money that I should've spent on the youth team's budget, but forgot to because I'm dumb. Shimizu stayed, which was a surprise, got an offer from Roma, I gave them a counter offer and they never responded, they probably got pissed at me and are just gonna wait until next season to get him for free, the bastards...

Well, bad start, losing key players, but I did promote some solid youth team players, usually those go well, so I'm hopeful.

So, the season starts, and first thing I do is make some new kits for my beloved Hjorwesland B.K. (Burger King?), the club was originally red and black, with white being a sort of secondary color, but those are the colors of my real local club's main rivals, so that had to change, I made it wine and white instead, which I love the look of. I had a plan last season, if I went up to the PES league as D2 champions, the kits would have gold trimmings and numbers to reflect that, I decided to do this anyway, even though I didn't even go up, but it doesn't matter, all that matters is that wine and gold is a classy combination and regardless if we play well or if we play like crap, we look good doing it.

I'm playing Professional, because higher difficulties are miserable, FUMA, to make up for the lower difficulty, -1 speed, because I find the game to be very fast overall, and 5 minute matches, something I switched to at the end of last season to go through the matches quicker, due to my miserably low attention span, I've decided to keep it since the game plays a good and responsive football even on -1 speed, it works and, again, it helps me get through the season quicker. The main problem with the 5 minutes is that, well, I'm getting a lot of 0x0 matches, which can be a pain, especially when your players miss easy shots due to how the shooting system works in PES2012, but I do at least like the randomness of it.

My attack is pitiful, after almost 10 league matches we have 5 goals, however we're 2 points away from 1st position, and that's because we didn't lose any matches, we've only conceded 1 goal, the best defence of the league by far, that's because of three reasons, the first being that I can honestly be a lucky bastard at times, I admit it, the second being that after almost 10 years my understanding of the mechanics make the Professional AI not too ridiculous to defend against, R2+X is very efficient, patience being key here, and the third is the 5 minute matches.

We had a cup match in these first few weeks of the season, against Quaztolla, the team that broke my heart on the last league match last season, they were 1st in the league at the time of this cup match, 1st round, no home and away, this was it, my record in the cup wasn't the best, QF in season 1, didn't qualify in season 2, 1st round in season 3, so the stage was set for us to make history and get some revenge, if we didn't mess this up. It ended 0x0, in extra time I put Maqualao on, since I like giving youth team players opportunities whenever possible, and we was playing brilliantly, but missed an easy chance in the last minute, which really hurt, especially because it meant that we'd go on to penalties. On penalties there was a youth team hero however, Knudsen, which was playing due to Cjaestvela having some miserable arrows in the gameplan, and the young goalkeeper replaced him well, saved 3 out of 4 penalties, I have hopes of him being a great successor to Cjaestvela in the future. So, I got my revenge and went through to the next round in what I consider to be a very beatable cup, 4 more matches until the title, 20 minutes, it's pretty short, which gives me motivation, a cup title would be a wonderful thing, and it feels very within reach.

Jeez, this is a long post, but since I'm hear I might aswell say something else about PES2012, I like the idea of the players talking to me, but dammit they should've put more work into this. 90% of the complaints are "wHy DiDn'T yOu PlAy Me???", I wish there was an option to say "You had a down/purple arrow, if you wanna play then stay in form" since that's my real answer, but there's no option to tell them to get a grip, it's frustrating, I can't play everyone and my players refuse to understand that, especially since my options for talking to them are so limited. Also, in one match my young CB Balt complained that "I'm getting tired from always playing..." so in the next match I didn't pick him, that way he could rest, and guess who went into my office after the match? That's right, Balt! Why? Well, we was mad because "wHy DiDn'T yOu PlAy Me???". Did they even test this?

One last thing, recently I finally got around to watching Shaolin Soccer, loved it, I'm thinking of changing my manager's looks so I can turn him into "Golden Leg" Fung, but I'll leave that for some other day, feeling lazy right now.

After i made some digging about Super Soccer's successors, i am pretty much convinced that KONAMI is the most talented on giving names to fake clubs. Aragon and Trad Bricks beats those names any day.

I mean, Café Lisbon? Manchester Knights? Real Madonna, Youth Endless? More Seniors?? %..wtf..!! :P

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210627_104517_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210627_104517_com.android.chrome.jpg
    586.2 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot_20210627_104132_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210627_104132_com.android.chrome.jpg
    547.2 KB · Views: 18
After i made some digging about Super Soccer's successors, i am pretty much convinced that KONAMI is the most talented on giving names to fake clubs. Aragon and Trad Bricks beats those names any day.

I mean, Café Lisbon? Manchester Knights? Real Madonna, Youth Endless? More Seniors?? %..wtf..!! :P
Horrible names,cafe Lisbon/Real Madonna.
Ha ha ha

Try removing the #s on the lines where resolution and aspect ratio are stated.
When a line starts with # is commented out so it won't be used.

On top of that, make sure Kitserver is correctly attached to the exe file (there should be a setup program for you to see it... It's not like Sider that auto-attaches itself to the game).
Thank you! I saw that the kitserver was not attached, so I had to attach it to the PES4.exe, thank you..

Yeah I played that not long ago funnily enough. Got a good laugh out of it. Shame they didn't get licences, they actually do a pretty good job of the Serie A version. As per, I have to have a dig at the Super Soccer camera angle. Why, Human, why?

Anyone good at Xbox 360 patching?
Since I love Pes 17,but it's a bit empty out of the box, I'm thinking about modding that ,know that MS stopped import of files somewhere around 14-15.
But the small info I have is that you can do it via a program called Horizon.

Problem is the tutorials/patches I've seen,it's all Spanish.
Any ideas,tips?

@Flipper the Priest What a strike that is! You don't see those in PES any more, for or against you.

I always like the idea of the Broadcast Camera setting but can never stick with it. I tend to use Normal Long now, having always been a Wide boy back in the day. :P

@Flipper the Priest What a strike that is! You don't see those in PES any more, for or against you.

I always like the idea of the Broadcast Camera setting but can never stick with it. I tend to use Normal Long now, having always been a Wide boy back in the day. :P

You really don't. It was wonderful. The little step back to set up the volley too. Suggests the AI has some sort of, oh, I dunno, intelligence? The game is over 17 years old and we're still getting wowed by it.

I was always a Wide boy too, since PS1 days. But having dabbled with the TV camera (the 'flatter' one that tracks along the sideline) and getting used to it, I'm going one further. There's no way I'll go to the the other Broadcast camera (the one that cuts to close ups) because it's madness, although it does look pretty cool. The way I see it, I'm probably on the final season of this ML as I've conquered all the worlds, so I'll go for one final fling using this camera. A 3-0 drubbing by Bologna in the first match didn't bode well. Also got a man sent off as I fumbled about getting my angles right (wrong). First red card for that type of 'last man' tackle in the nine seasons I've played!

Hi! I've a question: I'm on a quest to search a good end of seasion Option File for PES 2009 PSP (EU Version).

Anything I found is good but not perfect, or with Megaupload/Rapidshare/Files-Front links that now sadly are dead.
I found one with some team names wrong. How could I change this name with an editor without using my old and rusty PS2?

Or is there a really good PSP Option File for this PES?

This is a great forum. I want to share my pes 5 vs pes 6 experience. I have hundreds of hours in both. I always thought I preferred pes 6 for the easier dribbling and more ball control. But in truth after a few seasons the game becomes far too easy for exactly that reason. So I recently started pes 5 original season patch and it's honestly incredible. After getting used to the ball control and passing. It's such an incredible game. Islts so much more rewarding than pes 6. I'm only in my second season but I find myself literally celebrating every goal no matter how simple a goal it may be. I started with Ajax ( admittedly a pretty good team) but so far it's a great experience. I find myself thinking about master league and what changes I can make to personnels or formations etc. Mark of a great game

Taking a break from my PES2012 ML at the moment, after playing some 10min friendlies I've realised that while 5min works out just fine, 10min is just much better overall, I can take my time with possession, which is how I like to play, and just enjoy my time on the ball with this game's lovely ball control, the matches overall have more potential for actually telling stories too, more things can happen, more plays, more chances, more goals, etc.

However, the problem with 10min, compared to 5min, is that it can also be more frustrating, if things go wrong, like getting knocked out of a cup or failing in the league, the time it took to get there is doubled, which makes it even more dissapointing, either way I really wanted to play some 10min matches in PES2012 again, so I did something that to me is just as fun, if not more, than ML.

League/Cup mode, most specifically the cups, because all of the ones available to play are less than 8 matches long, I can play longer matches just fine, like 10min or even 15min if I'm in the mood, and it still fits in a 2 hour session comfortably, in a way that, if things don't go my way, it doesn't feel frustrating to have another go at it, I actually feel motivated, since I know that, regardless of how far I was in the cup, all it takes is a few matches for me to get back to where I was.

It just feels nostalgic too, nowadays I'd say that I'm much more engaged with my club than my national team, and I think most are like that, at least from what I can tell, but I recall national teams feeling so much more magical when I was a kid, it's how I really got into football in the first place, with the World Cup. Also it's a lot more pure than club football, especially with things like having no sponsors on the kits, and having a squad with players that have a genuine connection with the team, since they're defending something they consider to be home, while with clubs it just about the pay check a lot of the time sadly. The last really nostalgic thing about playing this is that, well, that's how we used to play these games, back on the PS1 and especially before that, it was all about national teams, the World Cup, and it was magical.

Either way, I can see why it could get boring fast, especially with us being used to get so much more out of these games nowadays, so I'm doing something to spice things up, I always try to play with national teams that have unlicensed kits, thankfully they're the majority in PES2012 so I have lots of options, and then I like to make my own kits, if I have the motivation for it I even change the kits between attempts after getting knocked out of a cup before trying it again, it makes each cup run feel unique, and it adds a personal touch to your team when you see them on the pitch.

So far I've won the Asian-Oceanian Cup with North Korea, on my first try, thankfully, otherwise Kim Jong-Un would've executed us all, and also won the American Cup with Ecuador, who is the only CONMEBOL team that has never won it in real life, besides Venezuela, who are my next team for exactly that reason probably. Also, the Ecuador run took a few attempts, always lost right in the final, which shows how lucky I am, however it wasn't much of an issue, since this cup is only 4 matches long, it didn't feel like a chore to restart even if I lost in the last match.

Definitely recommend playing PES like this at least once, it can be a fun time, especially in the newer titles where the editor has more depth, I loved editing North Korea on PES2015 and having Kim Jong-Un as the manager, with his photo and all, good times, except for the fact that me and my lads failed to win the World Cup, so we got the death penalty, which really sucked.

This is a great forum. I want to share my pes 5 vs pes 6 experience. I have hundreds of hours in both. I always thought I preferred pes 6 for the easier dribbling and more ball control. But in truth after a few seasons the game becomes far too easy for exactly that reason. So I recently started pes 5 original season patch and it's honestly incredible. After getting used to the ball control and passing. It's such an incredible game. Islts so much more rewarding than pes 6. I'm only in my second season but I find myself literally celebrating every goal no matter how simple a goal it may be. I started with Ajax ( admittedly a pretty good team) but so far it's a great experience. I find myself thinking about master league and what changes I can make to personnels or formations etc. Mark of a great game
I've recently had a very similar experience having flip-flopped between various PS2 era PESes this summer. PES 2008 (PS2) is better than PES 6. PES 3 is a remarkable game and the later, what I call lost PS2 era PESes (2009-14) are well worth a look for their Master League features alone, but none of them are PES 5.

I don't think we"ll ever see a footy game like PES 5 again in terms of its attempt to portray the intensity, tactics, physicality and even the ugly side of the beautiful game. Six-star difficulty especially really dose provide a unique challenge.

PES 5: The greatest football game of all time? I think so.

It just feels nostalgic too, nowadays I'd say that I'm much more engaged with my club than my national team, and I think most are like that, at least from what I can tell

Definitely agree with that. We have a Euro's semi final tomorrow night but if my club were playing a league game at the same time I'd go to that.

So far I've won the Asian-Oceanian Cup with North Korea, on my first try, thankfully, otherwise Kim Jong-Un would've executed us all, and also won the American Cup with Ecuador, who is the only CONMEBOL team that has never won it in real life, besides Venezuela, who are my next team for exactly that reason probably. Also, the Ecuador run took a few attempts, always lost right in the final, which shows how lucky I am, however it wasn't much of an issue, since this cup is only 4 matches long, it didn't feel like a chore to restart even if I lost in the last match

My brother in law and I once played out an entire world cup qualifying tournament with each area using shollym's international teams patch for PES6. Took us months of getting together of an evening, usually once a week. Great fun.

[First Post]
------------
The scenes as Scotland finally qualifies from the group stage of a major tournament! :RSCARF:
We still have one game to go, against the Ukraine. After that, we'll see who we'll face at the R16. If I'm not wrong we face someone from Group F so that would mean it could either be South Korea, Colombia, England, or Switzerland, whom we faced at the qualification stage, both ending with 15 points and +9 of GD, but since they scored more goals they went with the automatic qualification, meaning we had to settle with playing the playoffs, where we had an excellent campaign and qualified as top of the group above Croatia, Spain and Bulgaria.
Now let's see how far this scottish team can go! :))

imagen_2021-07-06_145226 (1).jpg

I Heard that Wolf Evolution Patch (for PES 4) doesnt work if you have the Physical Copy of the game (disk). Is that true or nah?

Back
Top Bottom