The Retro-PES Corner

This is getting absurd. The Jocks' 100% record in upheld, and with ease. Once again, it's my patented 'around the clock' system, not me.

Obviously PES2 on the PS1 is great. Cheers for Peter Brackley making his first appearance, jeers for the uneditable (I think) Oranges. I've read that if you win the ML on the hardest setting you can edit club player names, but I can't find anything concrete. Perhaps I'll find out for myself one day...

Appreciated it guys, thanks.
On other news, and because we can't help but keep on learning something new about PES each time, I just found out about something that I bet not even our Retro-PES Professor @slamsoze knows about: the Master League of the PSP version of PES6 - actually the first-ever to have the ML on that console - has a third division! But because Konami is...well, Konami, on the other hand, there is no player development (unlike on later PSP PES titles). What a shame...
Very interesting. To be honest i am very "snowflake" and cannot bother with PES psp versions below the version that cannot handle core issues, like framedrop when many player are gathered on screen and with the "only one" stadium available issue.
Despite this, i have played enough recently in my PSP emulator, versions between 2011 and 2014. The 2 favourites of mine, based on the limited editing options due to generic league missing on those games as in PS2 versions, are 2012 and 2014, based on the German, Portuguese and Greek clubs available .

As for the wonderkids-letdowns, i will not spoil my biggest let down cause he is LWF, he used to play for Arsenal in PES4 , as a hint. As for the goalkeepers, my biggest letdown was Joe Lewis who played for Norwich in PES4, although he was in U18 team back then. I always admired the way KONAMI predicts how some players from U18 teams will be promoted. He did an OK career to be honest, but did not make the breakthough as it was predicted by his ML development curve.

They succeded with Vanden Borre, Sneijder, Van der Vaart, Kompany, Kevin de Bruyne, etc

https://www.pesmaster.com/j-lewis/pes-2021/player/63095/

https://www.transfermarkt.com/joe-lewis/profil/spieler/25834

@slamsoze: I've been playing a lot of PES6 PSP recently and though the "lag" issue is still there, mainly as usual when there are more players represented at the same time on the pitch, so far it's much less common than on the previous PSP version.
By the way, do you happen to know who the hell is this mega-beast on PAOK's team in PES14 PSP?

1.jpg

a 220cm 18-year-old basketball player disguised as a footballer. Apparently the only Savvidis related to PAOK is...the club's owner...? The guy who once famously invaded a football pitch with a gun:

42947646_101.jpg

--

Wasn't Joe Lewis a 16-year-old in PES4? I remember his amazing attributes for a guy his age. About the Arsenal guy...it's not Owusu-Abeyie, is it?

I'm really happy with how this looks on TV camera.

Here's Winning Eleven 3 Final Version. The goal on 2:26 is one of the most satisfying I ever scored. :)

PES6 - indeed all PESes of the era - look so much better on the TV angles. I just really struggle when the ball goes to the far corners, getting my angles and depth perception right. Playing a lot of WE6FE on the angle to try to train myself!

I love those stretching volleys on the PS1. I scored a peach where I lobbed the keeper with one. Might still have it somewhere. I also love the standing volleys in that game, the ones that swerve out. Hell, I just love those games!

As for the wonderkids-letdowns, i will not spoil my biggest let down cause he is LWF, he used to play for Arsenal in PES4 , as a hint. As for the goalkeepers, my biggest letdown was Joe Lewis who played for Norwich in PES4, although he was in U18 team back then. I always admired the way KONAMI predicts how some players from U18 teams will be promoted. He did an OK career to be honest, but did not make the breakthough as it was predicted by his ML development curve.

They succeded with Vanden Borre, Sneijder, Van der Vaart, Kompany, Kevin de Bruyne, etc

https://www.pesmaster.com/j-lewis/pes-2021/player/63095/

https://www.transfermarkt.com/joe-lewis/profil/spieler/25834

Joe Lewis is the captain of the greatest football club there is. More than okay. :RSCARF::LOL:

@slamsoze: I've been playing a lot of PES6 PSP recently and though the "lag" issue is still there, mainly as usual when there are more players represented at the same time on the pitch, so far it's much less common than on the previous PSP version.
By the way, do you happen to know who the hell is this mega-beast on PAOK's team in PES14 PSP?

View attachment 64700

a 220cm 18-year-old basketball player disguised as a footballer. Apparently the only Savvidis related to PAOK is...the club's owner...? The guy who once famously invaded a football pitch with a gun:

42947646_101.jpg

--

Wasn't Joe Lewis a 16-year-old in PES4? I remember his amazing attributes for a guy his age. About the Arsenal guy...it's not Owusu-Abeyie, is it?
HAHAHA THIS is apparently a kind of bug for sure. According to transfkermrkt he is 1,81, according to PESmaster he was 1,56cm. So i assume the truth is somewhere in the middle. He doesn't seem to have any relation to the club boss Savvidis thought..

https://www.transfermarkt.com/kyriakos-savvidis/profil/spieler/274858
https://www.pesmaster.com/savvidis/pes-2014/player/59820/

P.S.: About the Arsenal player in PES4, nope he is not Quincy. He was not a first-squad regular, he was from U-18 team, one other classic youngster player, that the wise PES database team predicted that he may become great one day. I will not make spoillers until you post your article about FWs. Just to give some hints, he has never played a Premier League match, although he played for Championship and EFL 1, he played for MLS and he closed his football careed in Greek Super League team, SKODA Xanthi, not Mythloxanthi :P :P :P
His first name is that of the famous private that was saved in the titular movie :P :P and his last name, is the the same with the last name of the boyfriend of the most popullar Native American girl. I think i hinted more than enough!! :P :P

P.S.2 : Yes that Joe Lewis, he was my main GK transfer in any new ML back in PES4. 16yo and you save the GK position for all the ML run. I cannt recall now,if PES4 allowed ages below 17 , or he was already 16 in game if allow by the game of course., But he with other 3-4 players, were from the youngest players in PES 4 database. Others being Kompany and Borre ( Vanden!!! :P :P)

P.S.3: @Flipper the Priest trust me, i was creating him in any next PES that he was missing, i loved this player since that ML of PES 4. I mean he did not became the next Seaman, Joe Hart, Pickford, Green, choose whoever Engish GK was meant to become great, but he did not... :P You know every Eenglish GK that shines for 2~3 seasons and then, instead of become world class, he declines.

Last edited:
HAHAHA THIS is apparently a kind of bug for sure. According to transfkermrkt he is 1,81, according to PESmaster he was 1,56cm. So i assume the truth is somewhere in the middle. He doesn't seem to have any relation to the club boss Savvidis thought..

https://www.transfermarkt.com/kyriakos-savvidis/profil/spieler/274858
https://www.pesmaster.com/savvidis/pes-2014/player/59820/

P.S.: About the Arsenal player in PES4, nope he is not Quincy. He was not a first-squad regular, he was from U-18 team, one other classic youngster player, that the wise PES database team predicted that he may become great one day. I will not make spoillers until you post your article about FWs. Just to give some hints, he has never played a Premier League match, although he played for Championship and EFL 1, he played for MLS and he closed his football careed in Greek Super League team, SKODA Xanthi, not Mythloxanthi :P :P :P
His first name is that of the famous private that was saved in the titular movie :P :P and his last name, is the the same with the last name of the boyfriend of the most popullar Native American girl. I think i hinted more than enough!! :P :P

P.S.2 : Yes that Joe Lewis, he was my main GK transfer in any new ML back in PES4. 16yo and you save the GK position for all the ML run. I cannt recall now,if PES4 allowed ages below 17 , or he was already 16 in game if allow by the game of course., But he with other 3-4 players, were from the youngest player in PES 4 database.

P.S.3: @Flipper the Priest trust me, i was creating him in any next PES that he was missing, i loved this player since that ML of PES 4. I mean he did not became the next Seaman, Joe Hart, Pickford, Green, choose whoever Engish GK was meant to become great, but he did not... :P You know every Eenglish GK that shines for 2~3 seasons and then, instead of become world class, he declines.

That would be Ryan Smith (Arsenal)?

I love Joe Lewis but it's fair to say that he didn't reach the heady heights. I must admit I was taken aback when editing PES4 and I noticed him. Couldn't remember him being in the game. IRL he's a great goalkeeper but just has that error in him that takes him down a level.

Still, the proponent of the best save I've seen live (first one):

The best goalkeeping performance I've seen live:

And the best/biggest penalty save I've seen live:

That would be Ryan Smith (Arsenal)?

I love Joe Lewis but it's fair to say that he didn't reach the heady heights. I must admit I was taken aback when editing PES4 and I noticed him. Couldn't remember him being in the game. IRL he's a great goalkeeper but just has that error in him that takes him down a level.

Still, the proponent of the best save I've seen live (first one):

The best goalkeeping performance I've seen live:

And the best/biggest penalty save I've seen live:

Correct, Ryan Smith. Same category with Spector [ mentioned in @miguelfcp article], Aliadiere, Hoyte, Lupoli and others. Players that did not make far away, and retired very ealy, or declined very early.

@Meazza84: To answer your question, I'm back on the legendary PES5 (PS2), running one of my favourite challenges: to win the World Cup/Euro Cup with one of the weakest national teams in the game. The Latvia team of PES4 and 5 has become one of my all-time favourite teams to play with, since I've played so many iterations of this particular challenge with them. The most I was able to accomplish was a World Cup semifinals, losing to Argentina on extra time. Very soon I'll probably the only person in the world able to recite PES5 Latvia's starting-11 - with the actual fake player names. Hey, it's a talent.

On the very first try after getting back to PES5, I get a group comprised of Brazil, Spain and Uruguay, so I didn't get my hopes up. However, two hard-fought 0-0s later against the first two powerhouses, I needed a win against Uruguay to dispute the 2nd place of the group; if Spain lost their match vs. Brazil, Latvia would be qualified. I scored an unbelievable goal with Kylies, the mega beast who gets a spot on the starting-11 merely because of his height and Balance, yet Uruguay ties it not much later. Then, Chevanton scores the 2-1 on a penalty and, halfway through the 2nd half, Zebrisaneus the gold-haired CB kicks the ball mercilessly out of the box using Square, only to find Verpakovskis (his fake name is impossible to pronounce) who chips Carini, the keeper, for the 2-2. Both teams needing a win, the final minutes were intense; I flood the team with strikers (fortunately there are 8 on this squad for some reason...) and pray for the goal to fall from heaven, as we usually do and sometimes it works. The match ended 2-2 however; we're out. Later I find that Spain did actually lose their match, so we had just needed a lonely goal vs. Uruguay to go through...

Before this PES5 adventure I tried a bit of PES3. Here's Scotland's Thompson inventing the Accidental Bergkamp trick before pulverizing another poor Iranian defender.

@Flipper the Priest If you find your stretching volley lob do share it here. :)

Playing WE3 I keep wondering: how can a game be both easy and difficult at the same time? A perfect game.

I've found two volleys and a scissors kick which I'm going to upload at some point. But no stretching volley! I unearthed three memory cards with a crazy amount of Master League saves from ISSPE and ISSPE2. But only three replays. I also had two official memory cards which I can't locate and I'll be lucky to do so. 😞 They'll also contain an ML I had with Aberdeen (using Liverpool or Monaco IIRC) with a carefully created squad!

Oh to have the convenient means of video capture and backup we have now, back then.

The PES5 Wonderkids series continues with the seven most stellar defensive midfielder prospects in this game, featuring a few rather unsurprising names and the usual let-downs.
https://liberomagazine.wordpress.com/2020/10/29/the-pes5-wonderkids-part-4-defensive-midfielders/

Diarra, without doubt the best defensive midfielder we've ever had despite only playing about 30 matches and staying 6 months! Nothing of him, knee high to a grasshopper and yet nobody could get the ball off him. Many think he's the best player we've ever had but I'm not moving Prosinecki into second for anyone.

I had a bit of a break last week due to real life and then my PC's OS malfunctioning. I was without my beloved machine for a few days as I had to order a few bits to restore it and thankfully preserved all my data and documents. Lesson learned, back up your data! I kept saying I'd get round to it but got lazy until I thought I truly buggered it.

So went out and brought a 2TB external HDD and a premium account on Google Drive and backed everything up twice.

Anyway, Been hitting PES 3 & PES 5 last week and as usual, After a weeks away from them they feel like brand new, rewarding games again with ton's of drama and unpredictable moments despite being on "primitive technology", These games surprise you more than most of the modern ones.

I've also been hammering FIFA 16 as I'm trying to put my Euro 2016 series together which is another godly game of football that leaves you scratching your head wondering where it all went wrong with a great foundation such as this.

I had a bit of a break last week due to real life and then my PC's OS malfunctioning. I was without my beloved machine for a few days as I had to order a few bits to restore it and thankfully preserved all my data and documents. Lesson learned, back up your data! I kept saying I'd get round to it but got lazy until I thought I truly buggered it.

So went out and brought a 2TB external HDD and a premium account on Google Drive and backed everything up twice.

Anyway, Been hitting PES 3 & PES 5 last week and as usual, After a weeks away from them they feel like brand new, rewarding games again with ton's of drama and unpredictable moments despite being on "primitive technology", These games surprise you more than most of the modern ones.

I've also been hammering FIFA 16 as I'm trying to put my Euro 2016 series together which is another godly game of football that leaves you scratching your head wondering where it all went wrong with a great foundation such as this.

Nice one. That fear when you think you've lost data. 😨 Backing up is one of those jobs that's so easy to put off but so worth it.

Playing the excellent PES 3 and 5 makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. Playing the excellent FIFA 16 almost makes me angry. The PESes are so long ago they can't be reconciled with today's plight, but the recency of 16 makes you deplore what we have now. You had it, EA. You dropped it.

Playing the excellent PES 3 and 5 makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. Playing the excellent FIFA 16 almost makes me angry. The PESes are so long ago they can't be reconciled with today's plight, but the recency of 16 makes you deplore what we have now. You had it, EA. You dropped it.
Exactly, That's what makes it so surprising, I know this is a RetroPES thread so I won't derail it for too long although the point can still be made for games like PES 2017.

FIFA 16 & PES 2017 are less then five years old, came out on the same generation yet the franchise has undoubtable regressed in the gameplay department. Whenever I mention to outsiders that I'm playing those two games they instinctively reflex and gag that they're really old and I have to remind them, No, They're "PS4 games" don't forget.

They still look amazing too if that's the only slight you could make against them, They just don't look as shiny and as high resolution as this years versions.

But most importantly they're the last games that were truly reflective of the fundamentals of football on the pitch and even had AI that could keep you company offline and wouldn't get stale or repetitive with their playing styles or methods of scoring. I could cry now when i play those 2 and see the AI do something I would never imagine the robotic AI of 2021 try. Again, Where did it go wrong?

It's like going from designing cars with state of the art ignition to going back to crank engines.

I could cry now when i play those 2 and see the AI do something I would never imagine the robotic AI of 2021 try. Again, Where did it go wrong?

Firstly, other than the demos of each iteration since, I haven't played anything beyond PES 2017, which I picked up on a steam sale and thoroughly enjoyed at the time, so I have limited play time with the newer ones so I'm not coming at this from a wealth of personal experience with the newer games.

The AI for a football game must be unbelievably difficult to code given the fluent nature of the sport as compared to say American Football with its stop start nature. Couple this with the advent of the push towards online matches for both series I have the feeling that this more than anything has led to the sort of bulk AI things they've implemented such as team spirit and so on. I imagine it's a lot easier to code that than spend the time and attention to detail that they must have done in the past. Everything from the reduction in stats to player cards all seems designed to pigeon hole players into a type that will then react uniformly to any given situation. Where as in the past the players generally played to their stat sheets.

I think football games desperately need a new competitor in the market. Someone to come at it fresh (or actually to come at it fresh but from a retro gameplay viewpoint.) Let's face it with a large percentage of the people that would play it they could even forego any kind of licenses and the community would see to that. With the amount of people still playing the old titles, together with those so unsatisfied with the new games but for some reason averse to playing previous years when they were happy with it, then there must be a market for a game in the manner of the retro titles.

From early PES to 6 (and beyond on PS2 it would seem where they continued with that engine) they had it cracked to one extent or another. That perfect mix of simulation, yet not quite, a touch of arcade, but not arcade(y), a mix of end to end games, midfield battles, unpredictability, excitement, everything that real football can throw up. Each version different yet despite deficiencies from each other they each held up as thoroughly enjoyable and all have stood the test of time.

Now they appear to go out of their way to stop you even being able to get hold of previous years. Taking them off steam and so on, no sign of them on their websites. I wonder at what stage these recent ones that require an online connection at start will continue to be supported. Could they get to a stage where they just turn that off and you can't even start an older game? I don't know if that could be the case or not?

@MafiaMurderBag: Dodged a bullet there. I was never accustomed to backing up data until the day I lose it all...and a new habit was miraculously formed!...

Man, at this point, my retro list is so immense that every day truly feels like I'm on a different gaming universe. Surely now even if I forced myself to, I couldn't go back to my previous ways of playing only the latest PES and/or FIFA version, as many still do. I'd get bored; just the thought of it causes me gaming urticaria. It's like I have a menu in front of me and a waiter comes and asks "what shall you have today, sir?"; "ahhm, perhaps a bit of PES3, with a side dish of a PES5 ML, and...I'll also have a PES2 as a dessert." It's gaming heaven.

@mattmid : you mean, the best player you had after Pedro Mendes and Ricardo Rocha, surely your top-2 Portsmouth players - naturally after the man who needs not to feature on any of those rankings, Prosinecki :P

(...)
Now they appear to go out of their way to stop you even being able to get hold of previous years. Taking them off steam and so on, no sign of them on their websites. I wonder at what stage these recent ones that require an online connection at start will continue to be supported. Could they get to a stage where they just turn that off and you can't even start an older game? I don't know if that could be the case or not?

I don't always quote people, but when I do...it's because I feel it's really important to stress something. This is very important to discuss. Their insatiable thirst for microtransaction money is forcing them to try to create a situation in which only the most modern PES actually exists, to hell with history, because we want you to devote your attention exclusively to that modern game, and, consequently, your money too. It's not just mere greediness anymore, it's downright evil.
Imagine not being able to watch, say, any Christopher Nolan movie except the latest one, or only being able to listen to music released in 2020. What a nightmare. This is art and its history, more than it is entertainment or just a business. Do we exist only to consume mindlessly and to serve as "whales" for these guys? It's insulting and maddening and I don't even play anything but retro at this point...

@mattmid : you mean, the best player you had after Pedro Mendes and Ricardo Rocha, surely your top-2 Portsmouth players - naturally after the man who needs not to feature on any of those rankings, Prosinecki :P

Those two are hugely popular as well. :) Mendes will be forever remembered for the goal that kick started our run to avoid relegation in 2005/6 and what a goal it was too.

Firstly, other than the demos of each iteration since, I haven't played anything beyond PES 2017, which I picked up on a steam sale and thoroughly enjoyed at the time, so I have limited play time with the newer ones so I'm not coming at this from a wealth of personal experience with the newer games.

The AI for a football game must be unbelievably difficult to code given the fluent nature of the sport as compared to say American Football with its stop start nature. Couple this with the advent of the push towards online matches for both series I have the feeling that this more than anything has led to the sort of bulk AI things they've implemented such as team spirit and so on. I imagine it's a lot easier to code that than spend the time and attention to detail that they must have done in the past. Everything from the reduction in stats to player cards all seems designed to pigeon hole players into a type that will then react uniformly to any given situation. Where as in the past the players generally played to their stat sheets.

I think football games desperately need a new competitor in the market. Someone to come at it fresh (or actually to come at it fresh but from a retro gameplay viewpoint.) Let's face it with a large percentage of the people that would play it they could even forego any kind of licenses and the community would see to that. With the amount of people still playing the old titles, together with those so unsatisfied with the new games but for some reason averse to playing previous years when they were happy with it, then there must be a market for a game in the manner of the retro titles.
Well that's exactly what i mean, They have more technology, experience and expertise than they could ever have dreamed of working with than they gave us masterpieces on the PS2 with less of those components and it just seems to have accomplished little other than bells and whistles and some better ball physics but worse AI and controls. It's building a rocket that can travel to Pluto in a year but you're not allowed to steer it. So if it reaches it, than it's rewarding but if travels towards the sun despite you fighting the controls then well, They'll tell you this was an intentional design choice or some bullshit.

Well i've said many times that if a 3rd developer were to introduce a new game it as to be totally different stylistically and philosophically. But profit can not be the primary objective, and with that in mind no one would pull trigger on funding it unless a small team were gonna do it as a passion project out of their own pockets. We got a new one this year in Super Soccer Blast which is aimed at casuals players but still needs a fair bit of polish which again, who will fund the post launch work? And thus it's faded back out into obscurity.

It's another Asterix on the point of technology should be making this even more streamlined and convenient but take PES 2021 for instance, The amount of connectivity loading screens and f***ing pop ups you must slog through before you're given any input on the main menu and start an exhibition is an anal evacuation. Utter ridiculous, There's no such thing as a "quick game" of PES 2021 as a result. I'm I've kicked off a game of football within 60 seconds of launching PES 5.

@MafiaMurderBag: Dodged a bullet there. I was never accustomed to backing up data until the day I lose it all...and a new habit was miraculously formed!...

Man, at this point, my retro list is so immense that every day truly feels like I'm on a different gaming universe. Surely now even if I forced myself to, I couldn't go back to my previous ways of playing only the latest PES and/or FIFA version, as many still do. I'd get bored; just the thought of it causes me gaming urticaria. It's like I have a menu in front of me and a waiter comes and asks "what shall you have today, sir?"; "ahhm, perhaps a bit of PES3, with a side dish of a PES5 ML, and...I'll also have a PES2 as a dessert." It's gaming heaven.
Exactly, It's the true meaning of wholesome gaming, I can never fatigue myself or get frustrated with anyone game. It's like being a gaming womaniser.

Playing soley one exclusive game causes you to resent it like a wife, and you start waiting for it to piss you off. Rotating those games in and out of your simulative bubble allows you to enjoy the good stuff before the red flags begin to surface and your outta there for another week or so and the next one whirlwinds through your revolving doors...

I don't always quote people, but when I do...it's because I feel it's really important to stress something. This is very important to discuss. Their insatiable thirst for microtransaction money is forcing them to try to create a situation in which only the most modern PES actually exists, to hell with history, because we want you to devote your attention exclusively to that modern game, and, consequently, your money too. It's not just mere greediness anymore, it's downright evil.
Imagine not being able to watch, say, any Christopher Nolan movie except the latest one, or only being able to listen to music released in 2020. What a nightmare. This is art and its history, more than it is entertainment or just a business. Do we exist only to consume mindlessly and to serve as "whales" for these guys? It's insulting and maddening and I don't even play anything but retro at this point...
Haha i always love your posts and they fail to amuse me. It's a cut-throat business. They don't even reward your financial support for the year by allowing you to carry over your hard earned FUT or myClub team into the next year! Aint nothing in it for EA or Konami if they rewarded your loyalty for that, they'd have to wait years for a turn over of new players ready to invest for the first time.

"Let's make everyone spend the same amount of money every year on their teams even after they've already paid for the software!" They must rolling on the floor laughing like hyenas at the global naivety of their "fans".

Well i've said many times that if a 3rd developer were to introduce a new game it as to be totally different stylistically and philosophically.

That's the thing, if it were in the manner of the glory years of PES with similar advancements that the modders have done to the game and then perhaps come at it from a different angle. Go historical maybe, world cups, leagues from the 70's, 80's, 90's. No licenses required for players and in many cases stadiums as they no longer exist.

Talking of that kind of game I'd love to know how many downloads @sany's all in one patches get. The likes of Firebird etc.

About to start season 2025/26 on PES 2011 (the PS2 version). I'm yet to win any silverware on Top Player plus some strict house rules but finished a respectable 10th in Div 1 last season after a very good run of results in the latter half of the campaign.

Sadly, I've lost Forsell (top scorer in Div 1) who refused to sign a new contract. I also lost my trusty winger Matsimoto who had been with my ML team for eight seasons. I actually got an offer for him (any offer is so rare in this game). The good news is that while my house rules meant I HAD to accept the offer, it turned out to be a swap deal with Bayern who offered up Antonio Di Natalie in return.

I've mentioned it before but this PS2 version of PES 2011 (one of what I like to call the lost PESes) really is something. It has all the ML features of the PS3 version but with that glorious PS2 era gameplay and player individuality. It also has an AI that is ruthless in attack, unlike the otherwise legendary PES5.

Last edited:
About to start season 2025/26 on PES 2011 (the PS2 version). I'm yet to win any silverware on Top Player plus some strict house rules but finished a respectable 10th in Div 1 last season after a very good run of results in the latter half of the campaign.

Sadly, I've lost Forsell (top scorer in Div 1) who refused to sign a new contract. I also lost my trusty winger Matsimoto who had been with my ML team for eight seasons. I actually got an offer for him (any offer is so rare in this game). The good news is that while my house rules meant I HAD to accept the offer, it turned out to be a swap deal with Bayern who offered up Antonio Di Natalie in return.

I've mentioned it before but this PS2 version of PES 2011 (one of what I like to call the lost PESes) really is something. It has all the ML features of the PS3 version but with that glorious PS2 era gameplay and player individuality. It also has an AI that is ruthless in attack, unlike the otherwise legendary PES5.

Don't suppose you have an option file to share? I'm on a mission to create option files for all PS2 PESes but I'm struggling with 2010, 2011 and 2012 as there are no editors to be found. :-(

Back
Top Bottom