The Retro-PES Corner

Does he have a wife who's been tasked to kill him perhaps? And has he been tasked to do the same to her?
Just asking... It's been so long and I'm not sure I remember the plot anymore. :WHISTLE:
I don't know. It was Ryan Smith in my quiz. Did he have a "deadly wife"?

Are there any turf mods for PES 5 & 6? I don't really care too much about stadiums, and I like the generic ones mostly, but I've always found the original turfs ghastly - especially Nou Camp.

Guys I just want to announce that the Retro-PES Corner is now sponsored by the People's Republic of China (+77 Social Credit points).
(I had to do this before we are effectively eliminated from the upcoming PES5 International Cup, as we're merely three games away from ultimately wasting that chance).

This kinda gives me an idea

Lads, what about a succession game? Let's say we will pick PES 5 with Original Season patch and five people to play.

We would play, for example, five games each and then pass the save game around.
We could vote on certain things like transfers for example.
We could set up some house rules to make the game more interesting.

Would require some time, but I assume people would be able to spend 2 hours in-game every couple days? We could make Evo-Web team with ML defaults and work from there.

Let me know if you would be interested, I would definitely want to be a GM and also play the game. I think 4-5 people would be great. We play matches in-game and act as board members. What do we think?

@breezy Yes there are at least for PES 6 anyway. I think there's a link somewhere on this site because I'm sure I downloaded them from here before. It was a pack of dozens of them. I'll have a hunt.

Found them.

Here you go https://evo-web.co.uk/posts/3540869

@mattmid Thanks! I've looked around and have no clue what to do with it now that I've downloaded. Can I ask your help for what to do? Is this loaded in Kitserver?

@breezy I don't actually know how to put them into the in game stadiums, I think it's similar to the kitserver stadiums but i've never done it so I'm not sure which file numbers they are in or which dat file (0_text or e_text).

For a kitserver stadium you need GGS (game graphic studio - there should be a download somewhere on here for that or you can find it on google I expect) then you have to open the relevant folder, say Anfield, for example. Then in there you'll see six folders or at least should do, named 1_day_fine and so on down to 6_night_snow. Whichever one you want to change, open that folder and then open stad1_main.bin by double clicking it. Windows should ask you what you want to open it with and navigate to your game graphic exe file. This opens it and you'll see at the bottom some graphics of the pitch. It's so long since I did this but I think you have to make sure the resolution matches the pitch image you are loading in. Anyway, right click over the game graphic studio writing you'll see in the right upper window and choose open. Navigate to the pitch you want to load in and it should open up in that window. Then right click and hold the pitch image you've loaded and drag it down onto the bottom left pitch image (should say 1. (resolution etc) Let go when you are over it and it should load it into there. Close GGS and that should be it I think.

As I say it's a long time since I've done that so there might be something I've forgotten. Try one, maybe put a snowy or muddy pitch into a day fine folder then load up the game and play at the stadium and you should see if it has worked as it will be so much different to what it was (remember to select the right weather type for the game of course to match the one you changed)

Hopefully that helps. I don't know if there's a guide for that anywhere on here, may well be way back!

Respect Flip!
Since I'm quite fond of Pes 15,difference between old and current gen (I know it's very few stadiums on current gen)
Any major differences?

I've only played a few exhibition matches in both and nothing else but I must attempt a comparison sometime, side-by-side. Any category suggestions other than stadiums?

This kinda gives me an idea

Lads, what about a succession game? Let's say we will pick PES 5 with Original Season patch and five people to play.

We would play, for example, five games each and then pass the save game around.
We could vote on certain things like transfers for example.
We could set up some house rules to make the game more interesting.

Would require some time, but I assume people would be able to spend 2 hours in-game every couple days? We could make Evo-Web team with ML defaults and work from there.

Let me know if you would be interested, I would definitely want to be a GM and also play the game. I think 4-5 people would be great. We play matches in-game and act as board members. What do we think?

Love the idea but I simply couldn't commit the time. :-(

@Saint Angelo: I'm quoting your post here to attract more attention:
I figured I would outline this idea in depth since I can't stop thinking about it.

It's inspired by succession games I remember from some old strategy game forums back in the day where a group of people would play for certain amount of time and then pass the savegame to the next person. That's basics but what really made those games click is all the self-imposed rules and roleplay people engaged in.

How would a succession game look like if it was PES 5 Master League? I am assuming Original Season patch since, well, I like original lineups. Retro style.

The Players

I would say 4-5 people would be the best. Should equate to 3 to 5 matches per person. More people that that would be too much I think. We split season in equal parts depending on the playerbase. Player 1 starts ML, plays couple games, uploads the save. Player 2 downloads it, goes on to play his part, uploads the finished save back and so on. That's about it when it comes to actual game.

Then we would need a Game Master (me I guess) who would also play through transfer periods and edit save accordingly to the role-play going on. What does that mean?

The way I see it, outside of the game, The Players are the shareholders of the club. It's like we band together to purchase a PES 5 team and then go on to manage it, both on and off the pitch. Just playing the game itself would be too ez, after 15 years most of us can easily powergame through ML and be done within 3 seasons. Several house rules and interactive role-play would spice the game up considerably.

Thus GM is more of just administrator, fulfilling the vision of club board in-game.

The Rules

Players (shareholders) have acquired a Master League team for a large sum of PES Points. Now it is up to them to lead it to glory. Several house rules and limitations are implemented to halt the inevitable advance of op boomers who grind this game since 2005. They will be tested on and off the pitch. Can they co-operate and build the biggest franchise there ever was?

1.) Evo-Web Bank

It costs a lot of money to purchase a team. Whereas the Players have considerable funds, they need a bank to help them out. The team we'll choose is the team we own, but also the one we have to pay off.

Now let's take the yearly starting salary of any team, IIRC Default Team is around 8500 points.
We will multiply this amount by number of players, for example with 5 players its 42.500 PES.
Let's say every shareholder invests 5000 PES each. That's 25.000 PES.
We are 17.500 PES short. Evo-Web Bank will borrow us that, but with some fees added.
We end up having to pay back 20.000 PES within the next 3 years.

All payments can be done using Master League Money Tool, hell you could prolly do them with Cheat Engine. We have to make a decision - do we pay once a year after season ends, or twice - during the first week of winter and summer negotiations? This would require us to come up with a stable financial plan and not just spending all cash on new players. Of course should we dip below 0 it means game over for us all. This gives us another challenge to deal with.

And we don't have to play with Defaults either. We could buy Arsenal or Barcelona, but with their salaries being around 15K this would mean we start with a lot bigger debt. So it's not simply pick any team and go Default, we can pick anyone in the game if we can handle the debt.

I was thinking later on maybe we could have players who are not main shareholders - like sponsors who design kits or adboards for our stadium - but let's leave it at that for now.

2.) Transfers

Transfer AI is not really sane. For example, in Phoenix 12/13 I guess? If you put any of your goalkeepers on transfer list early on you can be 100% sure Barcelona will buy him, no matter how trash he is, cause they want a third goalie. That's just the way it is.

Player on the other hand is overpowered. You can easily dump the default team and recruit new one from free agents within a year. This shit is broken.

Here are my proposed transfer rules:

-We can sign one free agent at the end of the year. Their salary cannot exceed highest salary in our team.
-We can sign one regen/young player during mid-season negotiations (week 16-19). Their salary cannot exceed highest salary in our team

Two above are chosen by shareholders and we get unlimited amount of tries per window to sign one chosen regen and free agent. If there is no agreement, we cannot sign any.

-If we receive a bid from a player from a team which is higher than us in Club Ranking we have to sell, unless it means game over for us.
-When placing a bid for a player, we can either offer the standard terms (basically agree to default terms) or extra terms (10% higher transfer fee and salary). Extra fee has to be agreed by the majority of shareholder.

Here are how the transfer window proceeds for us:

-Every shareholder starts with one transfer vote.
-The vote can be used to either choose any transferable player (where transfer fee applies)
-Shareholders can agree to cast multiple votes for the same player.

Let's say 5 shareholders casted their vote. We get 4 votes for Forlan and 1 vote for Riquelme. This is mid-season window so we have 4 weeks.

We can try to sign Forlan 4 times - if AI refuses once, we have 3 tries left. If it refuses again, we have 2, etc. If we manage to get him, rest of the votes is gone.
We can try to sign Riquelme once - if we get refusal, it's gg for us.

Therefore we have to make sure we get multiple tries at most coveted targets, since oftentimes PES 5 AI might refuse the transfer on week 1 and then accept exactly the same offer on week 2. Again this requires communication and planning.

Let us assume we managed to sign Forlan so this transfer is considered done. We failed with Riquelme - this is considered a done transfer as well. If shareholders would like to acquire more players, they can call for another transfer window voting and this whole thing plays out again. No votes can be casted for Riquelme in this case, not until summer transfer window after the season's end.

I think that's all the rules for now.

The Organization

I reckon we just use the thread to announce match results and votings. Alternatively a closed discord server for players only could work to discuss freely, whereas Evo-Web thread would be our "official" media outlet, where all the big events are announced.

I know y'all talented so it would be amazing to see screenshots, goals, photoshops, memes, articles, opinions...just make this thread feel like an official club forum. This is also where official statements would be published, for example financial reports (points, debt status), etc.

I would be the one editing PES Points in the save and fulfilling our transfer orders during the window.

I guess that's it for now? Please let me know if you would be interested, I think this would be amazing way to play ML and just have fun with u guys 🐑 I am setting the limit to 5 people for now, I'm 1, that leaves 4 slots. If you are interested in joining or want to suggest anything post away. Rules can be tweaked, as long as they're challenging.

Cheers!

Awesome idea. Though I really like the 'pass the save around' concept, some like me are playing PES5 but on PS2 and not on the computer, others prefer playing other retro-PES titles, some don't have the time...we would need something less demanding of each user: why not going with CPUvCPU a-la-@mattmid's World Youth League? We manage the off-the-pitch stuff and let the CPU handle the playing.

We could form the "Evo-Web F.C." by allowing users to vote on which player they want to acquire to form the club's roster. We should limit the choice to the game's weakest/cheapest players, ensuring we start from the absolute bottom and work our way up - it'll be much more challenging, therefore fun.

Another interesting idea: we could reward the Evo-Web users' activity. Imagine @Flipper the Priest joins as a shareholder: he currently has 906 posts here on the forum, therefore when he joins he is also bringing his 906 "points" with him, just like you and your 123 brought before, or me and my 1203. Sum every shareholders' points and you get our club's total capital. How we convert that into PES money, we can figure that out then. BRB, will kidnap @Chris Davies and his +20000 points...

Participation 🐑

I will test coach mode in PES 5 right now. Good news is it does work. You can watch AI play. It's not very pleasant, but you can. I get what you mean with limitations, on the other hand not gonna lie I would like to just play the damn game as well.

How about we do it mixed? Anyone can participate and you can either play or sim your games. If you do not have access to the game I'll just set the formation up according to what you wanna do and let it play out.

Another thing is, while you can see the team when you play, how would you evaluate team situation while not playing? I could theorertically stream mine and coach mode games, or is that not an issue?

My idea with everyone playing separately is that we'd all probably use different formations and players which would probably help with typical meta 23 players squad. We could have 23+ players with people using their preferred players during their turn. But that actually works with coach mode as well.

It's just, would you need to see your team performing as a off-hands player? I can manage streaming I think.

Team 🐑

Then we might as well start with default team. As for the team itself, I wanted to take an actual existing team but created team had another advantage. We can outright create out own everything - adboards, kits, the like. Every shareholder could create his company, or logo, or something, and we just put it on kits/adboards? If we're super lucky maybe we could even get someone to make us a stadium?

Posts 🐑

Fam this puts me at a disadvantage so hard I lost my first account some time ago. I would rather everyone had an equal choice and if we have odd amount of players (5, 7, 9) there will be no deadlocks with voting. Everyone invests 5000 PES into the club.

Think this broadens and opens up the game a bit. Coach mode is not a bad idea (still watching and cringing its just midfield battle)

@Saint Angelo If you're not into watching the coach mode you could adjust the speeder in kitserver to a higher number so it plays out faster. You could always upload the games to youtube for the other managers to watch too.

Another option would be for you to play on your 'turns' and coach mode the rest of the games (unless others also wish to play). It's a great idea, I don't really have the time to play the games at the moment - but maybe at some point down the road, but I'd be up for picking the team/formation etc during my 'turns' and the other stuff.

On the incoming transfers I think maybe it should also be only from teams below us in the ranking (or free agents) as that will also add to the difficulty as well, plus add a bit of realism, after all someone like Barnsley aren't going to be signing Riquelme. Probably not even now :LOL: Plus I find new gens tend to be a bit too good?

I like the idea of a created team of Evo Web FC. (or FC Evo Web?) and either default players or sign real players to a max wage cap (such as the 8500 you said the defaults were)

Would we vote for contract renewals as well, I'm guessing so? Majority wins? So an odd number of players would be best in that case. Also on whether to transfer list a player as well.

I will test the coach mode a bit more but from what i've seen it's been dull as hell. Maybe it would be better on lower difficulty? Three 0-0 draws with literally nothing going on. If that's how coach mode is meant to be I'd rather not play at all. Best to see first who would like to play manager mode and who would be able to play actual games. I know life can be a cunt but finding time to play 5-6 PES games a week should probably be ok?

First of all I wish we had 5 people to work with at least.

As of regens/youth players we can sign one every season, and only if his salary is not bigger than the biggest we have on the team. So most likely signing op regens won't be possible. And early game we'd be restricted by the Evo Web Bank debt, having to send back some of our earnings to Tom, that's also gonna keep us in check.

Club members would be all up for evaluation at the end of the year, I assume we would vote on every single one - whether we keep them, do we renew the contract, do we sell. One rule would be no more than 3 players on a transfer list at the time, and also I assume squad limit should be set to like 21 (so that we don't just sell everyone right away). Some limitations to make the whole transition more organic.

My problem is that my least favorite part of football games is setting up the tactics and strategy. :D I just like to play...
However, when I play the World cups, UCLs and Euros I really take care that the strategies and tactics used correspond to the RL ones. If that means I have to edit them myself to fine tune the details, so be it. And it's a cool challenge to play with strategies that don't suit you and the games are more varied that way.

Hi guys,

I hope you are all doing well. It has been ages since i have posted or even looked at the forum.

I am actually after a bit of advice, I have still been editing PES2008 on the PS2 using Purple Haze Editor on my Windows Vista lap top. Everything was fine until tonight, the editor will not open, it keeps crashing the lap top!

I have downloaded it again but the same thing happens. Even PES6 editor and PES5 editor crashes.

Any ideas would be of great help please and very much appreciated.

@geeeeee I've never had that happen before, seems very odd if nothings changed on your computer. Have you installed anything from last time it worked until tonight that might have caused a problem? It runs in java doesn't it, I wonder if there's a problem with that? Might be worth installing the latest java (assuming newer version work on vista - I guess they do?) or uninstall/reinstall it. Found this https://www.oldapps.com/java.php?system=Windows_Vista might be of help.

Hi @mattmid thanks for getting back to me. No i don’t i have installed anything. Sometimes it will try to automatically install updates for my printer but i cancel it before it gets too far. I only use the laptop for editing and nothing else.

I think you could be right regarding Java although i did install the latest ones tonight to see if it made a difference. I also tried PES2013 PS2 editor and that crashed too although the PS3 version worked fine. I will try those links that you posted tomorrow as i have come upstairs sulking now lol.

Thanks again. Hope you and the family are well with the pandemic going around. Hmmm maybe my laptop has Covid. Lol

Hi guys,

I hope you are all doing well. It has been ages since i have posted or even looked at the forum.

I am actually after a bit of advice, I have still been editing PES2008 on the PS2 using Purple Haze Editor on my Windows Vista lap top. Everything was fine until tonight, the editor will not open, it keeps crashing the lap top!

I have downloaded it again but the same thing happens. Even PES6 editor and PES5 editor crashes.

Any ideas would be of great help please and very much appreciated.
Don't know for sure what's the problem. First shallow tip that comes to my mind, is Windows Vista. I do not trust Vista and 8.0 & 8.1 not even to open a notepad document.

There is a Greek saying Windows Vista= Windows SVISTA. "Svista" in Greek is an imperative command, it means "delete them now" :P

I am going with windows until now. Win7 for the win!

@geeeeee All good thanks, yes maybe the laptop has come down with a windemic! Hope you can get it sorted quickly, seems really strange to just suddenly start crashing when nothing has changed on the laptop and odd that the PS3 version of 2013 should work but not the PS2 version! I can only think it's something to do with java, although again with no changes I don't know why should it suddenly be having a problem.

Back
Top Bottom