The Retro-PES Corner

Actually, i decided to play pes6 ML. Reason - i never played ML with defaults on pes6.
What can i say about my team? Well, they painfully slow, stupid, ugly and old :D. It's really awkward and gameplay is slow, very slow, especially because before this ML adventure, played "against myself" league with fantasy classic teams (classic holland, germany....), and my gamepad is on palliative care, have to buy new one.
Settings : Top player, very hard, shop/classic players-yes, ml points-5000, transfer frequency-normal
no patches-original/default pes6

SEASON 1
Thanks to this amazing thread https://www.evo-web.co.uk/threads/team-tactics-for-pes5-we9le.73798/
i have tons of formations to use. But in season numero uno, used only couple of them. Juventus 2013, Spain 2010 and City 2017/2018. I really like Spain 2010, using Minanda in Xavi role, but for most of the season i actually used more attacking City formation, with Minand and Macco/Ximelez as Silva/De Bruyne.
Like i said, players are slow, so it was very challenging at the beginning. Really struggled.I cant afford to buy players. Fortunately, there is this thing called "free agents", bless them. This mean i dont have to spend money, becaues when you want to sign free agent, transfer fee iz zero and you only negotiate salary (thank you Captain Obvious).
Another good thing is, that this ML default amateurs have, considering how awful they are, pretty good salaries, which is excellent for "trade negotiations". Anyway, i bought - Kerlon, Franklin Salas, Vonlanthen, Nilmar, Dagoberto (free agents) and Diego Tardelli - trade Castolo/Tardelli. Like i said, It was very challenging, but i somehow managed to win division 2

Pictures :
Before final round
T8icdyV.png
final game
YZUDsKH.png

nZXqCuD.png
https://streamable.com/rbehr
Final table :
km9ubvW.png
Others:
AQue0Rt.png

cx7gVTB.png

oCqWj8p.png

95zPhkS.png

Best Players :
Diego Tardelli - 6.6
Nilmar 6.4
Jaric 6.4
Goals - Tardelli 4, Nilmar 3,
Assists : Minanda 2
D2 Cup :
hUzY8Su.png

SEASON 2 :
Obviously, i need to strengthen my squad, once again i used "free agents" and "trade negotiations" tactic. Newcomers are : Hangeland, Mihajlovic, Yaya Toure, Cani, Kranjcar, Micah Richards. Due to my general wallyness, i totally forgot to buy another keeper, Ivarov is the only one!
Match vs Arsenal :
Toughest game i ever played against CPU, ever. They were all over the place, pressing, attacking, passing, creating chances. Just look at the "pass" and "possesion of ball". Yes, i won the game, but it was a miracle!
k36q9Ix.png

yVuaXLX.png

JLfKKOT.png

8aAKQsO.png

skYTUH3.png
Nice goal by Kranjcar (trashed Barcelona 4-0)
https://streamable.com/ukjn6
Current formation is Barcelona 2011/2012 (will upload these formations later)
Standings :
gaICgkG.png
Also, because shop and classic players are available, some very interesting transfers take place in this imaginary world of PES.

Greedy buggers :LOL:
Forgot you could turn off accumulated fatigue in PES3.
Is anyone curious to see the ML Default squad from PES2? Stat wise anyway.
Or even PES1.

No need for me about PES 2 stats, I know them by heart. What a game. :BY:

Actually, i decided to play pes6 ML. Reason - i never played ML with defaults on pes6.
What can i say about my team? Well, they painfully slow, stupid, ugly and old :D. It's really awkward and gameplay is slow, very slow, especially because before this ML adventure, played "against myself" league with fantasy classic teams (classic holland, germany....), and my gamepad is on palliative care, have to buy new one.
Settings : Top player, very hard, shop/classic players-yes, ml points-5000, transfer frequency-normal
no patches-original/default pes6

SEASON 1
Thanks to this amazing thread https://www.evo-web.co.uk/threads/team-tactics-for-pes5-we9le.73798/
i have tons of formations to use. But in season numero uno, used only couple of them. Juventus 2013, Spain 2010 and City 2017/2018. I really like Spain 2010, using Minanda in Xavi role, but for most of the season i actually used more attacking City formation, with Minand and Macco/Ximelez as Silva/De Bruyne.
Like i said, players are slow, so it was very challenging at the beginning. Really struggled.I cant afford to buy players. Fortunately, there is this thing called "free agents", bless them. This mean i dont have to spend money, becaues when you want to sign free agent, transfer fee iz zero and you only negotiate salary (thank you Captain Obvious).
Another good thing is, that this ML default amateurs have, considering how awful they are, pretty good salaries, which is excellent for "trade negotiations". Anyway, i bought - Kerlon, Franklin Salas, Vonlanthen, Nilmar, Dagoberto (free agents) and Diego Tardelli - trade Castolo/Tardelli. Like i said, It was very challenging, but i somehow managed to win division 2

Pictures :
Before final round
T8icdyV.png
final game
YZUDsKH.png

nZXqCuD.png
https://streamable.com/rbehr
Final table :
km9ubvW.png
Others:
AQue0Rt.png

cx7gVTB.png

oCqWj8p.png

95zPhkS.png

Best Players :
Diego Tardelli - 6.6
Nilmar 6.4
Jaric 6.4
Goals - Tardelli 4, Nilmar 3,
Assists : Minanda 2
D2 Cup :
hUzY8Su.png

SEASON 2 :
Obviously, i need to strengthen my squad, once again i used "free agents" and "trade negotiations" tactic. Newcomers are : Hangeland, Mihajlovic, Yaya Toure, Cani, Kranjcar, Micah Richards. Due to my general wallyness, i totally forgot to buy another keeper, Ivarov is the only one!
Match vs Arsenal :
Toughest game i ever played against CPU, ever. They were all over the place, pressing, attacking, passing, creating chances. Just look at the "pass" and "possesion of ball". Yes, i won the game, but it was a miracle!
k36q9Ix.png

yVuaXLX.png

JLfKKOT.png

8aAKQsO.png

skYTUH3.png
Nice goal by Kranjcar (trashed Barcelona 4-0)
https://streamable.com/ukjn6
Current formation is Barcelona 2011/2012 (will upload these formations later)
Standings :
gaICgkG.png
Also, because shop and classic players are available, some very interesting transfers take place in this imaginary world of PES.

You are probably right not stick strictly to the ML Default Squad, regen / newgen Challenge of @miguelfcp and @mattmid . Only signing regens / newgens of default players after the greedy buggers retire some time around 45-years-old after drawing a massive 500 point salary for years and doing bugger all.

Do you get the feeling this challenge has Dinner beaten ? Yup. :COAT:

Just wondering how tough the Six Star Diffiiculty level was in PES 4 and 5 ? Much more than five star and Top Player ? :CONFUSE::CONFUSE::CONFUSE:

@Red_Star_Belgrade: If you've never played with the defaults on PES6, I challenge you to try out our Generations Mode sometime. @WhoAteMeDinner was traumatized by his experience on it but that's why it's so fun, it's challenging.

@Titch: We can proudly admit that our Corner is the only place on Earth where the answer to your question is absolutely positive!

You are probably right not stick strictly to the ML Default Squad, regen / newgen Challenge of @miguelfcp and @mattmid . Only signing regens / newgens of default players after the greedy buggers retire some time around 45-years-old after drawing a massive 500 point salary for years and doing bugger all.

Do you get the feeling this challenge has Dinner beaten ? Yup. :COAT:

As soon as you've finished in therapy you should do a Big Sam and 'save' a club that isn't even in the relegation zone when you take them over and charge a few million for it. It's nice work if you can get it. :D

The World Cup begins on June 14, and if you're like me you're already in a state of hype. The thing is, the older I get, the less I can rely on modern football games to pump me up for international competitions - unlike what used to happen in the past, back when those games were actually produced to satisfy people like me, the offline player. Between EA's World Cup product which now focuses more on "opening packs of players" or whatever people do when they play the game online, and Konami's "dolce far niente" (though it's better not to release anything than to release DLCs like their horrible Euro 2016 one), it's clearly up to us here on the Corner to find out ways to get the football gaming world out of this boring state and...hype ourselves up for the following World Cup.

I propose we celebrate the occasion in style here, combining both our love for Retro-PES and our passion for this big event. I'll start with a World Cup-themed suggestion of my own, but also encourage you all to share your suggestions and ideas on the matter and, as usual, to tell us about your experiences in Retro-PES.

The 1000-1 Challenge

Just checked the odds for Panama to win the 2018 World Cup and they're at 1000-1, alongside Saudi Arabia on the bottom of the list of potential winners. I mean, even P. Diddy's chances at becoming the next James Bond are currently being rated higher...
Your challenge is to accomplish the impossible: pick one of the worst National Teams on any Retro-PES game you wish to play and WIN the World Cup.
- After choosing your team, randomize the groups. What I usually do is I randomize it many times until the majority of the best NTs are participating. If still you're not getting a somewhat realistic group of teams (in some PES it's not unusual to see outrageous groups like Israel-Finland-Togo-Costa Rica) I suggest you manually pick the 8 best NTs, distribute them on the 8 groups and then randomize the rest.

Good luck trying to win the World Cup with Angola, you're going to need it.

@WhoAteMeDinner: I told geeeee before, but a few defaults actually evolve into really good players. My Baumann has just been called up to Germany's NT, for example...the key is using your newgen/regen picks wisely (so far my two picks were right on the money) and bit by bit you'll have a bigger and better core of good players. What you do need is a few seasons before you're able to become competitive enough to fight for promotion to the D1, it's a long process indeed.

just played 2011 and 2010 on PS2. I don't like em. Control of players sucks, it's like they coded in for your players to move away from the ball. Defending is a nightmare because of it. Plus the game feels flat and uninspiring.

Last edited:
@miguelfcp good idea! One thing i like about the old PES’ is the option to be able to select a team at a time and press the random button. It adds to the ‘draw’ factor.

In my ML tester, i was getting a bit frustrated with 2008 because the CPU was constantly dribbling through the middle. But now my team has improved and i am cutting out that attack, the CPU attacks are more varied. Really enjoying this at the moment. I also used PES editor and a Random Number Generator to give the Defaults a random age between 18-30. This is great because i get an opportunity to see some improve at the early part of their career.

Not posting any reports yet because it is still a tester of my OF. In a few months i will start my official ML.

@Bond!JamesBond! unfortunately PES2008 was the last great PES on PS2 :(

Good idea for the WC challenge. The real life draw is seeded and I think outside of Europe you can't have more than one team from the same federation in the same group.
Could even try the qualifiers :)

Just wondering how tough the Six Star Diffiiculty level was in PES 4 and 5 ? Much more than five star and Top Player ? :CONFUSE::CONFUSE::CONFUSE:

Not really IMO. 6 stars on PES 5 basically makes the CPU more aggressive in pressing, but more vulnerable in defense though. Anyway, you can't get more difficulty than 5 stars on PES 3. :COOL:

@WhoAteMeDinner It was a long hard road and although I went close a couple of times I think without any retirees at that stage I'd have come straight back down had I sneaked up. Now with 5 newgens I finally have about 15 quality players to choose from plus their stamina has improved so they can now play 2-3 games in a row without too much fatigue. If I can get another 4 retired in the next two seasons I should have a good squad to work with then and 9 newgens under 23/24.

@miguelfcp Great idea about the world cup. I think I'd take it a little step further and include all teams that whichever version of PES you use has that are actually in the world cup in their proper groups and then randomize the rest.

Certainly with PES6 there might be a recent patch that Sany has done that may even have all the correct teams, I'll have to check that out.

just played 2011 and 2010 on PS2. I don't like em. Control of players sucks, it's like they coded in for your players to move away from the ball. Defending is a nightmare because of it. Plus the game feels flat and uninspiring.

Yup, PES 2010 on the Playatation 2 I played for about six months on and off (in fairness, understand a bit that it looked and felt unfinished given it was released as a port from Playstation 3 game most likely).
Same old problems with all later PES stuff, controls are a bit loose and imprecise. All players seem to be allergic to running fast and shots and passes are too slow and lack fizz. :Y1:Y1:Y1

Not really IMO. 6 stars on PES 5 basically makes the CPU more aggressive in pressing, but more vulnerable in defense though. Anyway, you can't get more difficulty than 5 stars on PES 3. :COOL:

@fmicablues7 , thanks for the reply man. Was always wondering how they could get harder than five stars in PES 2 and PES 3. Btw, just back playing PES 3 again yesterday and guess what, the superb, rapid pace and high velocity shooting continues. Dario Silva blasted a cannon ball in from 16 yards that even the slow motion replay could not slow down. Keepers arm would be in pieces if he had got a hand to it. What a game. :LOVE::LOVE::LOVE::LOVE::LOVE:

The World Cup begins on June 14, and if you're like me you're already in a state of hype. The thing is, the older I get, the less I can rely on modern football games to pump me up for international competitions - unlike what used to happen in the past, back when those games were actually produced to satisfy people like me, the offline player. Between EA's World Cup product which now focuses more on "opening packs of players" or whatever people do when they play the game online, and Konami's "dolce far niente" (though it's better not to release anything than to release DLCs like their horrible Euro 2016 one), it's clearly up to us here on the Corner to find out ways to get the football gaming world out of this boring state and...hype ourselves up for the following World Cup.

I propose we celebrate the occasion in style here, combining both our love for Retro-PES and our passion for this big event. I'll start with a World Cup-themed suggestion of my own, but also encourage you all to share your suggestions and ideas on the matter and, as usual, to tell us about your experiences in Retro-PES.

The 1000-1 Challenge

Just checked the odds for Panama to win the 2018 World Cup and they're at 1000-1, alongside Saudi Arabia on the bottom of the list of potential winners. I mean, even P. Diddy's chances at becoming the next James Bond are currently being rated higher...
Your challenge is to accomplish the impossible: pick one of the worst National Teams on any Retro-PES game you wish to play and WIN the World Cup.
- After choosing your team, randomize the groups. What I usually do is I randomize it many times until the majority of the best NTs are participating. If still you're not getting a somewhat realistic group of teams (in some PES it's not unusual to see outrageous groups like Israel-Finland-Togo-Costa Rica) I suggest you manually pick the 8 best NTs, distribute them on the 8 groups and then randomize the rest.

Thing is @miguelfcp , not only do football video games fail to inspire me and get me hyped up for World Cups or Euros these days, but the tournaments themselves leave me "meh" :SS:SS:SS now.
Not watching any Premier League football or Champions league guff for the last few years and no dosh for premium channels to watch european leagues either. I will be watching the World Cup in two weeks knowing bugger all players in the games and wondering why Nachdecal, Espinas and Macco are not on the pitch. :?:?:?

The 1000-1 Challenge

Man that's a really nice idea. When I'll be done with the guys and the season in Pes3 defaults I'll probably play one as a break. So many Pes editions I want/I'm curious to (re)play one in and so many small teams.. I'll probably make a draw just to decide who use on which Pes!

Speaking of, you know what I really, REALLY miss? A full qualification run to the final phase as it was in the old Kceo ISS. Only Pes 6 has it at least of the mainstream ones, at least as far as I know/remember, and I really can't see a single reason on why no main chapter after that ever brought it back since for me this is THE main modality that should never miss from a soccer game.

I never play qualification and want to try one by using asia or africa team. Any good PES 6 patches recommended with more small national teams to choose?

Thing is @miguelfcp , not only do football video games fail to inspire me and get me hyped up for World Cups or Euros these days, but the tournaments themselves leave me "meh" :SS:SS:SS now.
Not watching any Premier League football or Champions league guff for the last few years and no dosh for premium channels to watch european leagues either. I will be watching the World Cup in two weeks knowing bugger all players in the games and wondering why Nachdecal, Espinas and Macco are not on the pitch. :?:?:?

I still look forward to the world cups. It's funny I was thinking the other day how nice it used to be to see teams with players you didn't know, or at best had heard of but never seen and today that's rarely the case. That used to be one of the big things of it for me, finding out about good players I'd never seen play.

I still look forward to the world cups. It's funny I was thinking the other day how nice it used to be to see teams with players you didn't know, or at best had heard of but never seen and today that's rarely the case. That used to be one of the big things of it for me, finding out about good players I'd never seen play.

You are the opposite to me then, you must watch alot of football on television (so you must be minted :SHOCK:). I will know damn all players outside of the European big four. (France, Germany, Spain and Italy). Sorry England, but lording it over a few eastern European minnows in the qualifiers every two years does not make a big team. :CRY::CRY::CRY:

Back
Top Bottom