The Retro-PES Corner

I had exactly the same problem with Windows 10. It went away, now that i'm using W7. Not sure if there is another way to solve the problem.

I only have one PES game for the PC, all my other PES titles are on the definitive Pro Evo platform: PS 2. Thank goodness. :D

@*aLe: I'd love to play an OF like that. What was your criteria for player names, height, stats...?
Stats were the default PES6 ones. For example, Allejo and Gilberto (the upfront partnership of Brazil, one from ISS and the other made up from scratch) had the stats of the two starters for Brazil in PES6 (Ronaldo and Adriano IIRC).
Appearances were edited for the players who "existed" in another game (e.g. Allejo from ISS Deluxe, P.E. Trichet from Virtua Striker 3, van Zeeland also from the same game) so they would resemble the "original" ones, and random/original for the players which I didn't recreate from other games if they were famous enough to be recognizable from afar. The other ones I would've left untouched but I never got to that point.
Names of players not coming from other games were mostly taken from BehindTheName (for example Gilberto, which happens to have a random yet plausible appearance so you couldn't really tell he is Adriano in disguise, unless you know it of course).

Too bad it's been left behind when I moved to FIFA in 2011 (hence the 2010 kits you see in the video)...

Oh yeah silly me. My gameplay is fine then for a few seconds it will go mega slow. Not laggy, just slow. I'm on Windows 10 so I'm not sure if it's that. PES6 works fine though and PES5 won't even install. Very strange.

@Titch PES5 won't install? Maybe try one of Sany's PES5 installers, I think he has the original PES5 on there as a separate install too so that should do the trick.

I wonder if it's worth try the d3d thing that stops stuttering on pes6 in win10 for those that get it. Might be worth a try?

http://www.mediafire.com/file/5ot8h3dvloxsgx5/enb.rar/file

Just put it into the pes3 folder that the .exe is in and that's it.

Might work, might not, but worth a try.

I had exactly the same problem with Windows 10. It went away, now that i'm using W7. Not sure if there is another way to solve the problem.

@fmicablues7 , you and me are kindred spirits. PES 3 is the greatest football game ever. No idea how Konami moved away from the dynamic ball speed and gameplay pace of this wonderful game.

Been playing PES 6 yesterday, slow pace, passes take forever and ball moves like a wet sock through the air. An official: :R1:R1:R1

@Titch PES5 won't install? Maybe try one of Sany's PES5 installers, I think he has the original PES5 on there as a separate install too so that should do the trick.

I wonder if it's worth try the d3d thing that stops stuttering on pes6 in win10 for those that get it. Might be worth a try?

http://www.mediafire.com/file/5ot8h3dvloxsgx5/enb.rar/file

Just put it into the pes3 folder that the .exe is in and that's it.

Might work, might not, but worth a try.

How in the name of God or the Divine Pony Tail (God's Dad), do you all put up with the PC versions PES games install / won't install / crash / freeze / screen slowdown nightmare that is PC game football ?

Does all the option file foofing and faffing really make up for it ? :SS

@fmicablues7 , you and me are kindred spirits. PES 3 is the greatest football game ever. No idea how Konami moved away from the dynamic ball speed and gameplay pace of this wonderful game.

Been playing PES 6 yesterday, slow pace, passes take forever and ball moves like a wet sock through the air. An official: :R1:R1:R1

Hey, i felt lonely a few months ago, when i rediscovered this game, i thought nobody was still playing this wonderful gem. I'm glad i was wrong. PES 4/5/6 and all PS2 PES generally speaking are very good, but if i have to choose one, it would surely be PES 3.

I had a lot of fun for years on PES 6, but yes, i always felt that running with speed was more rewarding than passing in this game, which looks wrong compared to the reality.

Hey, i felt lonely a few months ago, when i rediscovered this game, i thought nobody was still playing this wonderful gem. I'm glad i was wrong. PES 4/5/6 and all PS2 PES generally speaking are very good, but if i have to choose one, it would surely be PES 3.

I had a lot of fun for years on PES 6, but yes, i always felt that running with speed was more rewarding than passing in this game, which looks wrong compared to the reality.

Yes, that is exactly the issue, the ball dynamics are much slower in PES 6. Is PES 4 and 5 the same ?
In PES 3, passes, crosses and shots fizz through the air, the ball even spins and wobbles when players tackle and what I term a "heavy ball" shot from thirty plus yards from a player with a big shot stat can slam into the net, like in no other game. :BSCARF:

How in the name of God or the Divine Pony Tail (God's Dad), do you all put up with the PC versions PES games install / won't install / crash / freeze / screen slowdown nightmare that is PC game football ?

Does all the option file foofing and faffing really make up for it ? :SS

I've actually never had any problems at all with PES on PC other than that brief stuttering thing which I think turned out to be nvidia drivers/win compatibility problem when win10 came out or something as I don't get it any more.

I haven't played the original pes6 in years as I use my own option files. There's a speeder file in the kitserver so you can speed up the game if that's the way you like it, maybe give that a try? Put it up to 1.1 or something. I prefer a slower game but that's just me. Was PES3 on the PC or was 4 the first? I'm sure I had pes4 at some point although I can't find it if I did because I remember handballs and that's when they were in it apparently (not sure about 5?) I've never played pes3 but if it wasn't on pc then that's probably why!

I was always a pc gamer so I looked on afar with envy at the ISS and then early PES.

Oh and yeah, can't beat faffing about with an option file :LOL:

Ah, just seen pes3 was the first for PC. I'll have to take a look then

Last edited:
Season 6 is underway :SHOCK::BLINK:

kremer.jpg

An unbelievable game, neither team could handle the other's attack. Kremer made a mistake for one goal but didn't have a lot of chance with rest really.

Ordaz hit the post with a penalty at 1-2 and Hamsun hit the bar at 5-4

I led just once at 5-4
0-1
0-2
1-2
1-3
2-3
3-3
3-4
4-4
5-4
5-5

The drama continues!

@mattmid ,
Nice game. Hope you win. :PRAY: Had a 6-5 (no penalties) league win in PES 3 ML the other day. Bonkers game, defenders all thought they were strikers on both teams.

You know me, I like a tight game with a single winner from a header by way of set piece. :SHAKE:

Yes, that is exactly the issue, the ball dynamics are much slower in PES 6. Is PES 4 and 5 the same ?
In PES 3, passes, crosses and shots fizz through the air, the ball even spins and wobbles when players tackle and what I term a "heavy ball" shot from thirty plus yards from a player with a big shot stat can slam into the net, like in no other game. :BSCARF:

PES 4/5 passing is faster. I agree about long shooting, it so rare to score a long range effort in PES 3, it is really rewarding and the ball physics add to the enjoyment.

I wouldn't use speeder for PES 6, as it would make also the players running faster, thus becoming irrelevant.

Love the intense Winning Eleven 9 (PES 5) LE intense Japanese commentary, far better than Brackers and Brookers bolloxology that never makes any sense.

BANZAI.......:BY:

It’s Korean but yeah I totally agree. They use English terms here and there as well :D

We won the second game 1-0 at home!! Espimas was the scorer. Beautiful goal!:EASY::RSCARF:

Love the intense Winning Eleven 9 (PES 5) LE intense Japanese commentary, far better than Brackers and Brookers bolloxology that never makes any sense.

BANZAI.......:BY:

I particularly like Brackley's insightful early second half update that the teams have changed ends for the second half. Wait, when did that rule come in? :LOL:

Although to be fair I do like the nice touches about the ML originals. I've had comments about Ruskin's incredible stamina, Burchet slowing down and so on. He often says when Minanda has scored and he's on the ball, Minanda.... he's already got 1 goal today.

Talking of Minanda, he's just had his first start of the season as a 40yr old in the Cup.

Hello guys,

great Thread here. The last weeks i Play a lot of PES 3,4,5,6 (or WE) for the first Time of my life an it is fantastic. Played on PC and bought an old PS2 and all the games.
(Till 2002 and 2009 i dont Play games, and missed the whole PS2 era)

So now i will start a Master League with my Favorit game so far, WE8 with a great patch on PC. I Think the game has perfect pace,AI,Shooting and fouls.

So here are my rules:
- Their will be a lottery to fill up the Leagues. The Teams will come in Box A-D because of their strength. From every box 4 Teams come in a League. The Box A to C have 16 Teams and D has 24 Teams, and 8 Teams of them must Play in the 2 Division. On of them will i Play, also pick up by a lottery.
- I start with the Team squad, not the PES Defaults.
- Transfer are restricted to only by the Nationality of the Team i picked up and one i can choose bevor the master league beginn.
- I will Play with high Transfers and normal difficulty with the Minimum of starting Points. (I think 1500)

Tomorrow i will start with the lottery and maybe on the Weekend with the first games.

PS: Sorry for my english, not my language

Welcome aboard @zimbo1979 :) Look forward to hearing who you get to play as in the lottery and how you get on. Good idea about only being able to sign players from the country of the team. That's a neat twist.

Took a pause from Master League due to real life soccer disappointments. Will soon be back on the one on Pes 3.

In the meantime, I casually gave a look to Pes 2014 as I dropped it really quickly at the times, without giving it much of a chance.
I don't remember who described it as a beautiful tech demo, but it's still exactly how it looks to me. No rain, minimal stadiums, clunky in a lot of sides both on the field and outside.. it's maybe the less polished Pes out of them all, togheter with Pes 2008 pc version. And yet I also appreciate the ball physics, the good randomness and some nice stuff like the shoulder vs shoulder contrasts that unluckily disappeared for good later on. Also, some unique animations that I would loved to see them keep. With the latest patch (1.16) it feels better than I remember it.
@slamsoze my friend, I've seen from the Pes 2018 thread that you recently reinstalled it, I don't want to hijack that one so I'm asking you here, where it seems more appropriate. Are you still playing it/if so how does it feel? I'm half tempted to try a Master League myself, despite the meager background..

Domzale Season 6 Winter Break

The team went into the season not really knowing what to expect after last season's disappointing campaign. News that AZ had come down didn't cheer anybody up either and with a strong Korona side in the division a well as others it left just us and Vardar Skopje as the only two teams yet to get a promotion.

You can imagine the excitement when the fixture list came out and it was found that our eternal enemies Heracles was the first game of the season. We should have expected it really. What wasn't expected was the game! With new keeper Kremer getting his debut at just 17 I was prepared for some mistakes from him this season. I wasn't quite expecting so soon though and on 5 minutes he came out for a ball, getting there before the striker but fumbling it and leaving a tap in. He clearly hadn't read the "How to win the crowd over quickly handbook" I'd given him. From that moment the game was like a game of basketball. 1-0, 2-0, 2-1. Penalty for us as Macco (more about him to follow) is brought down. Up steps Ordaz and he slams it against the post! 3-1, 3-2, 3-3, 4-3, 4-4, 4-5 20 minutes to go Hamsun gets a good head on a corner, but it slams off the bar! Then, 5-5. Before a tense last 15 minutes where I was almost waiting on a Heracles winnerr. Fortunately it never came. So, first game a draw. Honestly a 0-0 would have done lads.

Next up was St Polten, seriously I think PES does this deliberately with these two. However St Polten have turned out to be awful so far this season. So awful in fact that even I beat them for the first time ever. 3-1, although I did manage to go a goal down.

Altach was next and I literally hammered them and somehow lost 2-1. They had 3 shots on target and Kremer didn't cover himself in glory again with a fairly soft shot parried to a striker for one of them. The other on a corner in a height mismatch against Ruskin. After the game Altach left with the points quickly before there was an official enquiry into how they got them.

A 1-1-1 9-7 start. Eventful and not as good as I hoped for but better than the 0-0-3 start of last season. AZ followed and after a HT score of 1-1 they went ahead just after the break. However we then turned up the heat scoring three unanswered goal as none other than Macco hit a second half hat-trick. The first hat-trick of the save. He had been playing brilliantly all season after a poor season last year in a position that clearly didn't suit him. Now at RW in a 4-3-3 he was like a new signing.

Next was Vardar, down the bottom again and like Altach I hammered them but this time did manage to grab a goal for a 1-0 win rather than throw the game away.

Lech Poznan were up next a good side but unlike St Polten who aren't, I tend to do well against them and this was the case again with a goal in each half for a 2-0 win.

Then came the last game before half way and it was a big one as runaway leaders Korona came to town on the back of a 6-0-0 record. I started well and was pressuring them and keeping them at bay. Then Liberrman came through the back of a player in midfield and was carded. Then 10 minutes later some idiot (me!) did it again with him and got a second yellow. 30 minutes gone and I'm down to 10 against a really good side. Sure enough they got one soon after. I had some chances in the second half but couldn't get an equalise before they grabbed a late second. Disappointed to go down to 10 men as I think I could have got a draw from the game otherwise.

halfway.jpg

With Korona only 2pts under the maximum points I have ever got they look out of reach for me so it's going to be a battle for second I think. As it would appear only me and Korona have beaten AZ it doesn't look like the will be dropping many points either so I may have to win 5 of the 7 I think to stand any chance and definitely AZ amongst them.

Top Scorers 6 (Macco!, Hamsun) , 2 (Stein, Fouque) , 1 (Ordaz)

Assists 2 (Jaric, Fouque) 1 (Ruskin, Dodo, Hamsun)

Top Rating Stein 6.9! Ruskin 6.6, Hamsun 6.5 (Kremer 5.6!)

Stein is playing out of his skin in the 1 behind 2 in midfield. The only downfall is Dodo is suffering a bit because he's playing too far forward. He's contributing well enough but not to his usual ratings. Stein though is everywhere and even scored 2 goals in a game.

Pretty much everyone is playing well apart from Kremer, which is expected but I have to make a decision on whether to put Ivarov back in with things so tight. I can't afford a mistake to cost me vital points. Ordaz is again driving me mad, hitting everything over the bar or at the keeper and his link up play is also a pain the times a simple pass is wayward. If I had an alternative I might have benched him by now. I know he can score though so hopefully he'll come good in the second half. I've only used 15 players in the league with effectively 4 not likely to be used in Castolo, Lothar, Zamenhof, Huylens and the rest sub at best barring injuries/suspensions and having no choice.

In a big surprise in the cup we... no, not really, we're out of that again too. Although we only lost 2-1 to Korona on aggregate, another annoying fact was that we drew 1-1 with them with a virtual reserve side before losing with the full team and 10 men. If only I could swap those two results. Six seasons and I am yet to win a single leg in the cup.

It's going to be tough to get that second spot as I don't know if AZ are going to slip up and no doubt I will with Heracles and St Polten to play! If I can get two wins against those to start the second half then who knows.

The Division seems to be getting stronger and stronger each season with only my first choice the same. However on that note...

Minanda and Iouga have announced their retirement. If I'm honest Minanda is looking a spent force on the pitch and barring the cup games has played no more than a 20 minute sub appearance in the league. He still has that skill but needs a lot of space to get the time to do it. He did come close with a long range effort in the cup that was well saved. Can he get a final goal to bow out on? Let's hope so.

No news from the rest (Ceciu, Stremer, Valeny, Lothar, Castolo, Huylens, Ximelez, Burchet) come on lads! Zamenhof is enjoying being fourth choice keeper and sees no reason to pack it in.

PES 4/5 passing is faster. I agree about long shooting, it so rare to score a long range effort in PES 3, it is really rewarding and the ball physics add to the enjoyment.

I wouldn't use speeder for PES 6, as it would make also the players running faster, thus becoming irrelevant.

Yep, a long range rocket on PES 3 that you manage to keep om target and beat the keepe
It’s Korean but yeah I totally agree. They use English terms here and there as well :D

We won the second game 1-0 at home!! Espimas was the scorer. Beautiful goal!:EASY::RSCARF:

My first win after sixteen games in PES 6 Master League at top difficulty with the default squad, which I hardly played when I bought it years ago and now realise why. It is slow and a bit like a wet sock compared to PES 3, play a pass and make a cup of coffee while the ball crawls to the next player. :ROLL:

But one thing has not changed, Espinas, a brace of goals to seal the victory on his own. What a player. :WORSHIP:

After 5 games I’m at the top of the table with 12 points. All the games I won were 1-0 :D Games are so tight and playing with the defaults feels like a chore at times! Hoping to promote in our first year in D2 but we shall see...
A37B3B8A-4BFD-41C7-991D-2611036E2EC5.png

@slamsoze my friend, I've seen from the Pes 2018 thread that you recently reinstalled it, I don't want to hijack that one so I'm asking you here, where it seems more appropriate. Are you still playing it/if so how does it feel? I'm half tempted to try a Master League myself, despite the meager background..
I will disappoint you by 50%. I play some games occasionally, technically never stopped, maybe sometimes i played one game per week.After the dlc4 update it became a little bit smoother,after the DLC 4.01 they tweaked the ball speed in passes and became a little faster.AND now to the disappointming part. ML is the same as before an RNG script fest where the one day you win Barcelona 2-0 and the other day you loose 0-3 to Girona hands down with no stats matter and star players struggling to run and COM's CF with 60opr, scoring hat-tricks against you.
it is only decent if you play Exhibition,League,Cup something outside ML and teamspirit scripting.For me at least feels more realistic to play a match on Superstar Exhibition match than ML TopPlayer.So ML still a complete mess.

PS: I try also 2014 these days as i missed the chance back in 2014 and im expliring the new aspects it introduceds in the series.Honestly i found 1.13 a little bit smoother than 1.16 where it seems players turn abruptly. But cause it took me one month to set up game with the proper updates,it was painfull, and the only patch i found with active links (pte14 patch) played in 1.16,i stay with it.THE most important mechanic of 2014 that misses for me nowadays is the option of low shooting.In basic shooting you can press shoot and Δ in ps or Y in xbox and make the player aim low.It is like the finese but you input the above instead shoot+R2/RT. So you have 5 shooting options in 14. Regular shoot,finese shoot,low shoot,chip shoot and manual with L2.So bad they removed it in later versions.

@mattmid excellent write up. That first game 5-5 sounded great. I love the way the game can bring out some 0-0’s, 1-0’s, and the occasional 5-5 :P.

I hope you make promotion this time. And with Minanda and Iouga retiring that will give you time to strengthen the team at the right time.

I have been struggling in my season. Losing games 3-0, 4-0. But i realised yesterday that my controller is not good. The up button doesnt work all the time and when it does not work the passes are going backwards and forwards rather than going to my player that is about 10 ft from the passer. I thought it was the players trying to work out how to pass but no it’s the controller.

I got a new controller but they dont make them like Sony used to. Anyone have any advice on a good PS2 controller where the buttons don’t stick?

I was looking at the TPFOON one. It got good reviews on Amazon.

@geeeeee Thanks. That was just an incredible game and just typical it was against Hercales. At 2-0 down I thought here we go again, then I got back to 2-1 and missed the penalty and thought that was it, then it went mental.

I think the signings in this challenge are going to be really, really important. I think we're really going to have to balance between where we need to strengthen but also bear in mind who's going to be starting to decline. For instance a top right back would be good, but Giersen and even Stein can do ok there so would it be better to leave that position as 'ok' and get a CB for example because Libermann and Jaric aside, the others are all over 30 so could retire any time.

I'm glad there's two at once this season because all my young talented players are now at least 25 so I need to get some youngsters in before they start to decline in 4-5 seasons.

I love how each season it seems that a different player or two comes to the fore. This season Macco is incredible, while steady as Stein has been previously, he's on fire this season. Last season it was Jaric and Fouque, the one before Hamsun, before that Dodo.

Ordaz is the one who's a big of an enigma for me, he does score but misses so many chances and good chances at that. He's cost me a lot of points in tight games where he could have made the difference putting away a decent chance. Then just as I'm getting frustrated with him he'll get one out of nowhere.

I have a bad feeling that I'm going to get my best points total this season but miss out to Korona and AZ.

That must have been frustrating with the controller! I'd still blame the players if I were you though ;) Hopefully you can turn it around this season or is too late now?

I will disappoint you by 50%. I play some games occasionally, technically never stopped, maybe sometimes i played one game per week.After the dlc4 update it became a little bit smoother,after the DLC 4.01 they tweaked the ball speed in passes and became a little faster.AND now to the disappointming part. ML is the same as before an RNG script fest where the one day you win Barcelona 2-0 and the other day you loose 0-3 to Girona hands down with no stats matter and star players struggling to run and COM's CF with 60opr, scoring hat-tricks against you.
it is only decent if you play Exhibition,League,Cup something outside ML and teamspirit scripting.For me at least feels more realistic to play a match on Superstar Exhibition match than ML TopPlayer.So ML still a complete mess.

PS: I try also 2014 these days as i missed the chance back in 2014 and im expliring the new aspects it introduceds in the series.Honestly i found 1.13 a little bit smoother than 1.16 where it seems players turn abruptly. But cause it took me one month to set up game with the proper updates,it was painfull, and the only patch i found with active links (pte14 patch) played in 1.16,i stay with it.THE most important mechanic of 2014 that misses for me nowadays is the option of low shooting.In basic shooting you can press shoot and Δ in ps or Y in xbox and make the player aim low.It is like the finese but you input the above instead shoot+R2/RT. So you have 5 shooting options in 14. Regular shoot,finese shoot,low shoot,chip shoot and manual with L2.So bad they removed it in later versions.

Thanks for the mini review! Was kinda expecting it, tho! Except from the positive things pointed out, the game is truly a programming hot mess. For some reason, my settings.exe doesn't even work (I launch it and nothing happens), so I'm stuck with low settings :D.

I guess maybe I'll just try a Master for fun and out of curiosity, but it all seems generally too clumsy even for my simple tastes honestly..

Back
Top Bottom