The Retro-PES Corner

@mattmid PES6.
It's annoying because as soon as I find someone I like I have to rest him for like four games because he's knackered.

@miguelfcp Talking about the D2 Cup, Lokeren missed out on doing the double in my league in season one, losing the final to my fellow strugglers down the bottom, GA Eagles!

Fatigue is tough in mine, how far do you let the red bar get before leaving them out. I left them a bit longer in pre season and it didn't seem to have too much effect BUT it was pre season games and the opposition weren't as tough.

@Titch I struggle to get two games in a row out of Burchet. Ah and Peter Brackley said in my last game as I was running down the wing with Burchet and got tackled. Burchet, he's slowing down!

As if ML wasn't tough already! I have set it to very easy and there are still lots of players with zero stars for the level of difficulty for acquiring them, which is good. I dread to think what the highest difficulty is like!
Just need to see how much they fatigue.

Fatigue is getting on my nerves. I'm hoping changing the level will fix this.

In PES5 i increased Stamina globally by 5 for all players except SB’s which i increased by 15.

In PES2008 PS2 i have increased Stamina by 5 for all players and that is enough. :)

Very easy does indeed stop fatigue all together. I'm sure the game even suggests switching between difficulties for a more balanced game.
Has anyone come across the autoslide that sometimes happens without your control? Most of the time it's fairly harmless, but it just kicked in and I was given a straight red! Is there any way to turn it off?
PES6 btw.

I wonder if it has something to do with “sliding tackle” skill. It happens on 2008 to. Havent had a red yet but been booked. It doesnt happen much but it seems to happen more when i’m under pressure. I like it because it adds to the realism of players panicking a bit.

Given Huylens has retired, I was able to get a new player for our squad (finally!). Ended up choosing Jackson, a newgen CB who despite his potential is quite cheap (was valued at 240 PES or something like that, I offered him a 400 PES deal). He's already a good defender though he's just 17 years old - 76 def., 75 head. acc., and most of all 77 mentality rating. I decided I'm going to choose only newgens/regens with great mental stats (high mentality and/or high teamwork) whenever I can.
Jaric is now 23/24 years old, Baumann is 22 and Jackson, soon to be 18; this means we're probably looking at ML United's back-3 for the following decade.

Where do the newgens and regens appear? Do you have to find them by going to nationality and picking the free icon? Can't see anywhere else they'd appear. Not that I've started season 2 yet so nobody has retired anyway so far. Just getting a heads up for when it happens.

Last edited:
Very easy does indeed stop fatigue all together. I'm sure the game even suggests switching between difficulties for a more balanced game.
Has anyone come across the autoslide that sometimes happens without your control? Most of the time it's fairly harmless, but it just kicked in and I was given a straight red! Is there any way to turn it off?
PES6 btw.

Are you really playing the game at the easy difficulty level ?
I have not played at the lower levels below five star or top player since the ISS Pro on the playstation. :FISH:

I might try top difficulties in each and see how long I can survive for :D

I would not ramp up the transfer negotiation settings, even I don't do that. I mean you will need to sign someone other than a non-league footballer / window cleaner. :!

Usually I'm on medium, so if it's on the highest setting what does that do to the fatigue?
Everyone must be dead :LOL:

I'm on hard setting and fatigue is a challenge. I can get about two games out of them before needing to make a change unless there happens to be a gap week by being out of the cup.

I could play a weakened team in the cup but that would make be a bit of a hypocrite as I hate it that teams do that these days! Also I'm not sure I could field a weaker team than the one in the league anyway :LOL:

@mattmid: Yep, there's a "newcomers" page when you search players by "group".

Regarding the condition arrows, I'm choosing to ignore it for the sake of realism. It forces me to pick players according to what I think makes strategic sense and according to their "form", which is, their latest performances. To me the condition arrows are more like an indication of whether that player is on a good or bad day, and makes more sense to find it out as you're playing the match rather than know it beforehand.

Just playing my fourth game of the season (already 0-1-2) against relegated SV Reid who have won their first three. 1:20 seconds in and an awful cross field pass by me in my own half gives the ball away and it's 1-0. 3:40 Stein slides in from behind and takes out a player. Straight red card! It looks an awful long way back from here!

Death, taxes and Stein getting a red card.
In Season One I played 16 matches (14 D2 + 2 D2 Cup) and got 37 yellow cards and I think also 7 red cards...no wonder why the refs have little patience with the defaults!

@mattmid: Yep, there's a "newcomers" page when you search players by "group".

Regarding the condition arrows, I'm choosing to ignore it for the sake of realism. It forces me to pick players according to what I think makes strategic sense and according to their "form", which is, their latest performances. To me the condition arrows are more like an indication of whether that player is on a good or bad day, and makes more sense to find it out as you're playing the match rather than know it beforehand.

I kinda disagree there @miguelfcp , the condition arrows don't matter as much for highly skilled players. The Divine Pony Tail could play on crutches. :TU:But as you are using the default boys mostly, their fitness is often crucial as it gives them more juice in terms of pace and tackling.

Macco had a red fitness arrow for the Cup final he scored the winner in. :WASTED:

Death, taxes and Stein getting a red card.
In Season One I played 16 matches (14 D2 + 2 D2 Cup) and got 37 yellow cards and I think also 7 red cards...no wonder why the refs have little patience with the defaults!

You just need to sign Gentile and Montero now and you will have a proper team. :R1

If I were to trust the condition arrows, no player of mine would play the majority of matches, which is terribly unrealistic. I know that I'll be playing Ivarov every single match of the season because he's the only keeper I can trust, even if Lothar or Zamenhof get better condition arrows. If Ivarov is on a light blue or dark blue condition arrow, he's bound to make more mistakes that day but it's much more realistic to understand that as the match is being played then to know before the match that the guy is under some kind of spell.

If I were to trust the condition arrows, no player of mine would play the majority of matches, which is terribly unrealistic. I know that I'll be playing Ivarov every single match of the season because he's the only keeper I can trust, even if Lothar or Zamenhof get better condition arrows. If Ivarov is on a light blue or dark blue condition arrow, he's bound to make more mistakes that day but it's much more realistic to understand that as the match is being played then to know before the match that the guy is under some kind of spell.

I don't observe them totally but I never play too many blue arrow players, it does make a difference in close games. And why on earth have you not got Kelsen between the sticks ? :SHOCK:

Back
Top Bottom