The Retro-PES Corner

@rsl1 , about screen selection and television view mode in PES 6 we were discussing. I tried out the standard PAL 50 Hz 576i option and had my television set to game mode viewing option and that made the ball blur and stutter disappear.

Hope this helps. :BLINK:

@rsl1 , about screen selection and television view mode in PES 6 we were discussing. I tried out the standard PAL 50 Hz 576i option and had my television set to game mode viewing option and that made the ball blur and stutter disappear.

Hope this helps. :BLINK:

I connected the PS2 to my 4K 49 inch Samsung last night and the image is way, way better than the 23 inch screen I was using initially.
In fairness the 23 inch is probably 10 years old whereas the Samsung 49 inch isn't even 10 weeks old yet. I was hesitant initially as I thought the extra size would make it look horrendous, but either due to upscaling or newer technology (or both) it looks much better than the smaller screen.

I installed the Amador file last night and played a it of PES6 and it plays beautifully with the Amador stats etc. It's a bit slower than PES6 is out of the box which I liked as I felt I could control the game a bit more.

Don’t worry @WhoAteMeDinner i am still reading and i will still be posting. I am still editing my PES2008 option as well as looking forward to the new FIFA aargh shock horror! Sorry guys. But I will keep posting and playing retro PES because i have spent too much work on the game to abandon it. I have been trying to post some highlights of my ML 2nd Tester of my cup match v West Brom but the internet was so slow last night.

I am looking forward to the Amador full option file so that I can get a cup going in that too.

It looks like I have 2 good games this year, FIFA19 and PES (it’s just a shame that it is retro PES) :D

I think i have come to a point where PES 3 starts to become too easy. I feared that moment, though i expected it. I'm playing a casual league with Tyneside against other european teams, like Rekordmeister, Milan AC, Yorkshire, Galicia Norte, Aquitaine, etc... And i thrashed everyone so far, even Milan AC which has mighty 06/07 Kaka and 03/04 Shevchenko. I have something like 10 wins in a row. Tyneside is not that special, though, besides Shearer. I'm not enjoying it at the moment. I might try another game and maybe come back later, but it's annoying currently.

I think i have come to a point where PES 3 starts to become too easy. I feared that moment, though i expected it. I'm playing a casual league with Tyneside against other european teams, like Rekordmeister, Milan AC, Yorkshire, Galicia Norte, Aquitaine, etc... And i thrashed everyone so far, even Milan AC which has mighty 06/07 Kaka and 03/04 Shevchenko. I have something like 10 wins in a row. Tyneside is not that special, though, besides Shearer. I'm not enjoying it at the moment. I might try another game and maybe come back later, but it's annoying currently.

I think it's the curse of most of the Ps2 era. After a certain point you need to give yourself objectives/specific challenges, or just casually play won't make it for a fun experience. By the way plain league was easier than Master even back at the times.. right? I think you should keep on losing the random game here and there at least in ML.

I installed the Amador file last night and played a it of PES6 and it plays beautifully with the Amador stats etc. It's a bit slower than PES6 is out of the box which I liked as I felt I could control the game a bit more.

Glad to hear it plays well on the PS2 :)

I was working on the newgens at the weekend for the ML and we are setting their stats even lower as they will all be 15-17 years old to allow for any ML increases over the years. For testing I split them up into 6 teams and myself and Miguel had some matches with them. They were great fun! I think I might have invented the Amador Youth League :LOL: My first game, a 20 minute one, had 30 fouls! It ended 2-2 after extra time and I won 4-2 on penalties.

Are you considering the PES 3 Default Originals Challenge then @fmicablues7 ?

Go on, you have to try it. :WOOT:

Glad to hear it plays well on the PS2 :)

I was working on the newgens at the weekend for the ML and we are setting their stats even lower as they will all be 15-17 years old to allow for any ML increases over the years. For testing I split them up into 6 teams and myself and Miguel had some matches with them. They were great fun! I think I might have invented the Amador Youth League :LOL: My first game, a 20 minute one, had 30 fouls! It ended 2-2 after extra time and I won 4-2 on penalties.

@mattmid , how much are you paying these fifteen-year-old baby footballers then ? Two cola bottles and a mars bar ?

:NONO::NONO::NONO:

@mattmid regarding ML on Amador with the stat changes. Myself and @fmicablues7 discussed before that certain secret players enter ML but they have their original stats. This means that they will be over powered. It happens in PES5 and PES2008 so i am guessing it will happen in PES6.

Because of this i do not adjust stats anymore. Maybe you should.

PS sorry it was with @wildwind that we had the discussion regarding stats.

Last edited:
@geeeeee Thanks for the info. :) Is that with hidden players/classic off as well though as that's the way we are going to recommend playing it due to those players being completely out of sight as far as stats are concerned? Hopefully not.

@WhoAteMeDinner Nothing, just the glory of one day playing for their region. :DD

No, classic players option is not related to the youths in the master league. The only way to prevent this, is to turn off development. To be honest though, it is maybe best to use that option, amateur players in reality don't tend to improve that much. Otherwise, it might unbalance the gameplay a few seasons in.

No, classic players option is not related to the youths in the master league. The only way to prevent this, is to turn off development. To be honest though, it is maybe best to use that option, amateur players in reality don't tend to improve that much. Otherwise, it might unbalance the gameplay a few seasons in.

@geeeeee , I agree totally with your approach on player stats and abilities. For me as a retro game puritan, so to speak (where is my big hat and musket again :THINK:), I was always of the belief that the stats were carefully set by Konami (except Inter Milan players as Seabass was an Inter fan) and did not need any adjusting. I usually never sign classic players unless their stats are not too absurdly high, and don't make the game too easy.

PES is like real football to me, you have to take what you are given, be it total pony or pure thoroughbred. (Just ask any Man U fan that today, if you know anyone in China that is).:BLINK:

funnydonkeyonroad_540623-630x330.jpg

@WhoAteMeDinner It would seem they've made things progressively easier for themselves by reducing the number of stats and making them not matter anyway!

@fmicablues7 By ML youths do you mean those that will appear in the newcomers list. Those are the one's we are replacing with new players/stats. I'm inclined to agree about development though, I think that's how I'll play it.

I think it's the curse of most of the Ps2 era. After a certain point you need to give yourself objectives/specific challenges, or just casually play won't make it for a fun experience. By the way plain league was easier than Master even back at the times.. right? I think you should keep on losing the random game here and there at least in ML.

This is also my experience with WE9LE. When I said I found it too easy, I was playing a plain league. After testing around several others retro PES games, that didn't hooked me as much as WE9LE, I decided to start a ML with the same team and same player I was using in the League (Liverpool). I put my team in a Div 1 league with a load of big teams (to really test the difficulty) and after 6 games in the ML, I still have to win a game. I thought I will in my last game, I was leading 2-0 at Dortmund but they did come back by the end of the second half. I also tried a word cup with Brazil and I found the difficulty to be even higher there.

Also, and I am not sure if this is placebo or not, I decided to turn off the gameplay ball physic mod I was using (the one that work with fiveserver from kingsley thread). I found the cpu being more capable to string dangerous pass up front and also more able to defend on my passes or dribble without it. My hypothesis is that the cpu have hard time to cope with the modded ball behaviour while me (we) as human we can adjust, which could lead to an edge for the user over the cpu.

Last edited:
@WhoAteMeDinner It would seem they've made things progressively easier for themselves by reducing the number of stats and making them not matter anyway!

@fmicablues7 By ML youths do you mean those that will appear in the newcomers list. Those are the one's we are replacing with new players/stats. I'm inclined to agree about development though, I think that's how I'll play it.

Yes, i meant those. Do you edit them in option file editor ? Because if i remember well, modifying youth players in option file editor make the game crash sometimes in ML. I could be wrong, though.

Hmm, I'll have to check that then. I edited them the same as the others by importing them by csv into the pes6 editor.

You can imagine Konami sitting around a table in development can't you... We'll add this they'll love it, but what we'll do is mess with them like this...

Hmm, I'll have to check that then. I edited them the same as the others by importing them by csv into the pes6 editor.

You can imagine Konami sitting around a table in development can't you... We'll add this they'll love it, but what we'll do is mess with them like this...

Same story with consistency stat and "pressure"/"counter-attack" team settings, removed since PES 6 without any logical reason inside the game, but editable outside the game and still having an impact... :THINK:

Also, and I am not sure if this is placebo or not, I decided to turn off the gameplay ball physic mod I was using (the one that work with fiveserver from kingsley thread). I found the cpu being more capable to string dangerous pass up front and also more able to defend on my passes or dribble without it. My hypothesis is that the cpu have hard time to cope with the modded ball behaviour while me (we) as human we can adjust, which could lead to an edge for the user over the cpu.

Not placebo at all @papinho81 , CPU AI plays better with default ball physics. Have tested this myself.

@mattmid , absolutely mate, what broke my sense of trust in Konami was when playing PES 2009 and PES 2010 on the PC some years back and the likes of Eto'o could not even run away from a slow defeneder half the time.

My wet blanket analogy thrown over the gameplay of most PES games of recent years is the best I can do.

:SHAKE::SHAKE::SHAKE:

Back
Top Bottom