The Retro-PES Corner

@fmicablues7 , Yep, I always set that option at medium difficulty to make trade transfers between my team and COM team realistic, and not too easy. I agree PES 6 has a brain dead COM team transfer AI, they will buy any old pony player you list for possible transfer, whereas in PES 2 and PES 3, you won't be able to sell off duff players if the settings are at normal transfer level.

And about COM teams buying created players ? I have never created a player in PES games would you believe. Always so happy with default squad main men, what is the need ?
But in PES 3, the COM teams do buy any classic players you release in the PES shop, often before you get a chance.

I will keep this PES-Retro thread alive until Beaker's hair turns grey. :SHOCK::SHOCK::SHOCK:
Amazed how popular @miguelfcp 's AMADOR thing-ummy-bob squads are, and especially as all the fictional amateur players look like clones of former Republican of Ireland international Alan McLoughlin:

upload_2018-9-17_0-47-6.jpeg

He will want words with you Mig as his playing ability was far superior to the load of old tut stats his AMADOR amateur clones have. Mentality 85 is not much good if they can't pass a ball four inches.

:NONO::NONO::NONO:

@WhoAteMeDinner: I think you're just jealous because you can't play AMADOR on your beloved PS2 :COOL:
Actually, joking aside, you'd love it. If there's any game that gets close to providing that classic football feeling, with plenty tough and physical midfield battles - and lots of aerial duels and long balls - AMADOR is clearly up there, as far as we've seen. I've just finished a match where I had 5 injuries (3 on the opp., 2 on my team), so if bloodbath football is your thing, might be worth considering getting a 10-year-old PC like mine to run it:PIRATE:

guys i need help with pes 2013, it seems no matter which team i select to play in ML, all players have same boots, and if i edit them and set the boots i want, it doesn t take effect at all in the ML.... any fix?

@WhoAteMeDinner I'm with you on Alan McLoughlin, great player, we had him for his best years. Never a bad game from him.

There's talk that our Amador OF may get a ps2 option file then you can follow us into the dark side. :) Seriously I think it would be right up your street, I'm really pleased with how the player stats turned out and how they play out. Your fellow PS PES3 man @fmicablues7 even said it doesn't feel like a PES6 game. Maybe we should sell the finished article back to Konami as PES 3.5.6 :LOL:

Thanks @mattmid and @miguelfcp , the work and dedication being put into the AMADOR amateur football system is astounding. I salute your labours of love. Did call myself in an earlier post here for a similar massive player and league structure expansion on the PES games of today, making a full football pyramid ten or twelve tiers deep.

Konami, recant, repent and disavow mammon: game coins, GP's and cards. :RANT::RANT::RANT:

PES 6 Default Originals Challenge update: what a strange and hard to to understand game this PES 6 is. At the end of the third Master League season and my team had two draws and nine bad defeats to date, then in game twelve againts Willem II, we scored early and then mayhem happened. Sahafi, my new youth player list striker turned into Emile Heskey, he dominated the II defence for the entire game and bagged a hat trick. They did not have single corner, free kick or foul awarded and we restricted them to two pathetic long range shots on goal.

Maybe this is a breakout moment in this challenge or maybe Willem I were off sick ? :DOH::DOH::DOH:

PESE: Pro Evolution Soccer England. A PES game focusing on just the English game that goes all the way down beyond the National League. They could even have fake players for the lower leagues, but make them editable.
Wouldn't need to buy another football game ever again :D

I enjoyed this goal mouth scramble in PES2008. I was defending.

giphy.gif

Hmm... that’s strange it come out short. I thought i could do 10secs gif. :(

Last edited:
I enjoyed this goal mouth scramble in PES2008. I was defending.

giphy.gif

Hmm... that’s strange it come out short. I thought i could do 10secs gif. :(
can t say the same about pes 2018, the keepers are shit, most long shots end up a goal for cpu.... it seems u need keepers who are 89 and 90 to be a good gk in this game

I love how retro PES can be so random at times...

Does this kind of thing happen in new PES’ against the AI? (The AI was attacking by the way)

Why did Lloris head the ball? Maybe he thought he was outside the box.

What is so good is that you can have the exact same scenario and Lloris might kick the ball or he may even catch it.

I love the fact that the AI saw Lloris off his line. This is what makes retro PES so much better than newer ones :)

I love how retro PES can be so random at times...

Does this kind of thing happen in new PES’ against the AI? (The AI was attacking by the way)

Why did Lloris head the ball? Maybe he thought he was outside the box.

What is so good is that you can have the exact same scenario and Lloris might kick the ball or he may even catch it.

I love the fact that the AI saw Lloris off his line. This is what makes retro PES so much better than newer ones :)
I had something similar to this last time I played PES6, keeper came out to catch the ball on the edge of the box but had to drop it :D.

(click for 1080p/60fps)

@geeeeee man, that whole save action is truly wonderful and a testament of Pes 2008 greatness.

I have this video I upped some time ago and forgot to share:

Loved how the ball remained behind Crouch on the one v one with the keeper bit (unfortunately the replay did not start soon enough to appreciate the nice physics of the keeper duel + the rainy ground, stopping the ball that way) and the confusing scramble leading to Arbeloa's soft lefty.

@Madmac79 , the earlier the PES edition, the more mayhem and penalty area ping pong there is to enjoy. In PES 6, the ball can often seem like a flippin' bar of soap to all keepers, COM or human controlled. Often the keeper ends up running around the box like a mad man and can't get their gloves on the ball for ages with five or six shots on goal blocked by the massive defenders on the line.

Vornander forever......:LOVE::LOVE::LOVE:

Ok, so I think you all know that I am not exactly a fan of FIFA or UEFA, as I identify them more as mafia-style greedy corporations than football governing bodies they claim to be.

Now you can imagine my annoyance at the launch of a new sports channel in Ireland this week that ONLY shows UEFA Champions League and Europa League games and nothing else.

Seed of Satan, be gone from my television, where is the holy water and the garlic
when you need it. ?

:RANT::RANT::RANT:

That's all they show? All week? Or it's only on in European nights? Either way :NO: I'm sure they'd like to wipe all other football from the map.

Although very surprisingly I did hear that Infantino (if that's his name?) spoke out against playing matches abroad. Probably because it was UEFA and FIFA wouldn't benefit though more than genuine dislike of the idea.

@mattmid , here is the reason for this odd and small choice of sports. It is called Virgin Media Sport. Virgin Media bought the Irish broadcaster TV 3 two years ago. (Kind of like Channel 5 without the boobs :CONFUSE::CONFUSE::CONFUSE:).

Now I was very suspect at the time that a media provider turning itself into a channel and content producer would make for a sort of even shitti*er iteration of Sky Land and that has proven correct.

Basically, just like Sky Sports Mix, they have live matches three nights a week and then replays all the remainder of the time.

Telly has turned to total sh_t. :CURSE:

(Kind of like Channel 5 without the boobs :CONFUSE::CONFUSE::CONFUSE:).
Are we talking about that Colin guy again :LOL:

TV is complete and utter tosh 90% of the time. Reality show crap by the bucket load which you couldn't pay me to watch. Just lucky there's some really good series from time to time, like The Line of Duty and stuff like that. I even watch match of the day on iplayer now so I can wind through the drivel in between the highlights.

How much do these pundits get paid to tell me what I've just seen? Nice work if you can get it!

@mattmid , a fraction of the cost I would imagine to pay for Champions League and Europa League broadcast rights in just Ireland. BTW, the BT Chief Exec got the flick over all that bonkers expenditure on BT Sport, has cost BT billions over several years with bugger all return.

:R1:R1:R1

@WhoAteMeDinner: Is the channel you're mentioning called Eleven Sports, by any chance?

Nope, @miguelfcp , it is called Virgin Media Sport. (only available to Virgin media subscribers in Ireland, lucky for the rest of you).

I know about Eleven Sports, they are another subscription sport rip-off outfit online only like Amazon Prime. Once, poor fools were only manipulated into paying Sky a subscription. Now there are loads of bits and pieces sports channel providers with one or two sets of broadcasting rights each.

It is a total mess. :R1:R1:R1

Only need one subscription ..kodi , sparkle, pulsar and acestream ..suits all my football needs - no lag ..actually better than my IPTV sub which always buffers on big games

Only need one subscription ..kodi , sparkle, pulsar and acestream ..suits all my football needs - no lag ..actually better than my IPTV sub which always buffers on big games

Nah, trying to stream sports like football or tennis online is just painful. The quality on stream sites is too poor for ball sports. I watch motorsport online sometimes but that is it.

Back
Top Bottom