The Retro-PES Corner

@reinelt97: Hey man, glad you like it. Jump over to our thread's first page and read the "ML Scenario Vault" we have over there, it's got many more interesting challenges.
As for that Challenge that we call "Generations Mode", which I think is the one you're referring to, you'll have to start with the ML defaults and you can't buy or sell players ever. You can only acquire ML newgens when they spawn as newcomers throughout the years, and only when one of your default players retire (so if by the end of a season you have 2 default players retired, you can't get more than 2 newgens on that transfer period).

@reinelt97: Hey man, glad you like it. Jump over to our thread's first page and read the "ML Scenario Vault" we have over there, it's got many more interesting challenges.
As for that Challenge that we call "Generations Mode", which I think is the one you're referring to, you'll have to start with the ML defaults and you can't buy or sell players ever. You can only acquire ML newgens when they spawn as newcomers throughout the years, and only when one of your default players retire (so if by the end of a season you have 2 default players retired, you can't get more than 2 newgens on that transfer period).

Thanks. I'm going to get something going on PES 5. I'm coming home!

This thread is pure gold.

Quick question: Can someone please tell me the rules are to the Default Challenge some of you are playing in ML?

Thanks

@reinelt97 , just a warning of picking the "Generations Mode", it is damn near impossible at the top difficulty level as you can't really sign any players early. @miguelfcp has a range of various retro-PES Master League challenges set out and we can all adjust our saves to our taste.

You could also do what I am doing in PES 6. A Default Originals Challenge that allows me to sign default new gens, re gens and youth player newcomers.

In other retro PES news, I have finally given in and ordered a PS2 slim from eBay.
I bought pes 5,6 and 2008 on disc for a whopping 50p each from our local cex the other week.
I tried the pc PS2 emulator but it wasn't as smooth as I'd hoped so I've bought an actual PS2 now to see if it's any better/worse or the same as we9le on my windows 10 pc.
It should arrive early next week I hope...

Nice one @rsl1 , as a Forest lad, you should appreciate the "just the football, no faffing about", aspect of all PES editions on the Playstation 2. The days of judder, stutter and program freeze are over.
:TU::TU::TU:

@Topaz and @mattmid i thought i would bring the salary discussion into this thread ;)

So far in my PES2008 PS2 option file i have managed to create the ‘top’ players with higher wages. By editing them over players that already have higher wages. Yes they are random everytime I start a ML but they are still within the higher wage bracket. I will upload a picture when i get a chance.

The ‘5000’ wage players are from teams that are in Other League C in PES2008. But as i said in the other thread this can be eliminated by giving the player between 5-7 special skills. This will make them unrealistically good players so i change them into a GK and give them skills that they will not use like Post Player etc...

Hope that all makes sense ;)

@Topaz and @mattmid i thought i would bring the salary discussion into this thread ;)

So far in my PES2008 PS2 option file i have managed to create the ‘top’ players with higher wages. By editing them over players that already have higher wages. Yes they are random everytime I start a ML but they are still within the higher wage bracket. I will upload a picture when i get a chance.

The ‘5000’ wage players are from teams that are in Other League C in PES2008. But as i said in the other thread this can be eliminated by giving the player between 5-7 special skills. This will make them unrealistically good players so i change them into a GK and give them skills that they will not use like Post Player etc...

Hope that all makes sense ;)

What ??? 5000 salary point players in PES 2008. Goddammit PES and your bonkers players salary inflation. I am still playing an 800 point salary cap Master League save in PES 3.

And in PES 6, there are youth players that demand 900 point salaries at seventeen.

:NONO::NONO::NONO:

What ??? 5000 salary point players in PES 2008. Goddammit PES and your bonkers players salary inflation. I am still playing an 800 point salary cap Master League save in PES 3.

And in PES 6, there are youth players that demand 900 point salaries at seventeen.

:NONO::NONO::NONO:

Yes but once i change them to a GK and give them certain skills they take a pay cut of 4900 points.

Imagine telling Ronaldo that his wage demands are too high but “stick these gloves on and get in goal and we’ll pay you less and you’ll be happy” :P

Yes but once i change them to a GK and give them certain skills they take a pay cut of 4900 points.

Imagine telling Ronaldo that his wage demands are too high but “stick these gloves on and get in goal and we’ll pay you less and you’ll be happy” :P

@geeeeee , well what is weird about PES transfers in general is that sometimes players like to be treated mean. A new gen youth player refused to sign for me yesterday in PES 6, and when I cut the salary offer by a third, he signed.

Maybe that old bollox Fergie was right, spit in their face and kick football boots at them to keep them in line.

BIBl: I would not be surprised if the toned and waxed one would also make an amazing goalkeeper too, given he is built like a brick sh_thouse.....

:SHOCK::SHOCK::SHOCK:

Here are the Salaries so far. I still have to alter some but will do that when i finish thd option file in the next 10 years :P

giphy.gif

I still think all of those contemporary footballers are over-hyped and over-valued. Arellano cost me about two shillings and six pence in PES 2 and PES 3 and would give Messi or Pogba a lesson in midfield playmaking and pulling the strings of the team any day.

:COAT::COAT::COAT:

@Titch heh heh. I just test each team as i complete them by starting a new ML and checking my own team in negotiations. I am not too fussed as long as the really expensive players are in the higher bracket. No doubt when i eventually start my ML there will be mistakes but...well it’s fantasy football after all. ;)

:OT::RANT:

The EPL coverage on Quest Channel is horrendous, almost better not seeing it at all for four years when on Channel 5 (not shown here in Ireland strangely). That nothern ireland human irritant is just too much to stomach.

A little request for all the guys here playing master league : Could you upload your master league saves ? I try to "study" how the CPU buy and sell players over the years. Only long-term master league saves are useful to me (more than 2 seasons ideally). The platform doesn't matter, i'd just prefer old-gen PES saves (ps2/psp/pc). Thanks in advance.

Sorry @fmicablues7 , pal, as you know I am an exclusive Playstation 2 PES gamer and can't upload any save for you to view.

I can tell you though that what seems to happen in long-term Master League saves in PES 2 and PES 3 is that after five or six seasons, some COM teams build squads that would cost about thirty thousand salary points a season. I mentioned before how I played a team in PES 3 recently (Bayern I think). They had the following players: Roy Keane, Pep Guardiola, Pablo Aimar and Juan Sebastian Veron as well as Giovane Elber and Christian Vieri up front. :BLINK::BLINK::BLINK:

Now this happens with most COM teams in Division 1. Lloyd (Man City), West London Blue and Merseyside Red, (no PES translation needed) in PES 3 now have absurdly ramped up squads that a human player would never be able to afford.

I guess Konami's game engine just allows the COM teams to be constantly in the red in terms of points, just to jack up the difficulty.

And you and I both know PES 3 has plenty of gameplay toughness as it is.

Last edited:
Sorry @fmicablues7 , pal, as you know I am an exclusive Playstation 2 PES gamer and can't upload any save for you to view.

I can tell you though that what seems to happen in long-term Master League saves in PES 2 and PES 3 is that after five or six seasons, some COM teams build squads that would cost about thirty thousand salary points a season. I mentioned before how I played a team in PES 3 recently (Bayern I think). They had the following players: Roy Keane, Pep Guardiola, Pablo Aimar and Juan Sebastian Veron as well as Giovane Elber and Christian Vieri up front. :BLINK::BLINK::BLINK:

Now this happens with most COM teams in Division 1. Lloyd (Man City), West London Blue and Merseyside Red, (no PES translation needed) in PES 3 now have absurdly ramped up squads that a human player would never be able to afford.

I guess Konami's game engine just allows the COM teams to be constantly in the red in terms of points, just to jack up the difficulty.

And you and I both know PES 3 has plenty of gameplay toughness as it is.

Good to hear that. Big teams tend to do stupid transfers in PES 5/6 in my experience and become weaker over time. I think the "Level of the players acquired by the CPU" option is very useful in PES 3 to prevent this kind of things. Do the CPU teams buy created players though ? I hope so.

Back
Top Bottom