The Master League adventures thread

Genoa away in my 12th Serie A game of the season.
Proved to be tough, Genoa really dug in the last 20 min of the game, bombarded me and even got a pen
But in the end i came home with 3 points

eFootball PES 2021 SEASON UPDATE 2024-08-07 00_06_57.png

1/3 of the campaign played and im doing better than expected, im going to try and get a player or two in my next transfer window.
Need to strengthen my wings which are my weak spots at the moment

eFootball PES 2021 SEASON UPDATE 2024-08-07 00_07_32.png

The easy home game vs a bottom team was a real struggle, their defensive line was so hard to break down, but a goal in mid first half really took care of that.
Didnt create much 100% chances and Parma had me scared a few times at the end, 3 points my way
eFootball PES 2021 SEASON UPDATE 2024-08-07 01_14_26.png

Lazio away is always extremely tough, and for this game i decided to get my backup squad some playing time, obviously my team spirit dropped to mid 60, we all know how this game will go right?
eFootball PES 2021 SEASON UPDATE 2024-08-07 14_20_39.png
Killer result for my team, a very well executed game by my guys.
This meant i had 7 games without losing, 5 wins and 2 draws
The following game i gave the backup guys another chance vs Napoli at home, great game by the team but i lost 1-0 in the end.

Next up a tough away game vs Claudio Ranieris Sampdoria.
The pressed me all over the pitch, especially the initial press was so good , but it always creates space once past that.
I won 3-1, a very solid game by my top players and im off and running again
eFootball PES 2021 SEASON UPDATE 2024-08-07 15_06_05.png

Ive made 4 transfers ( 3 in 1 out) just waioting for the window to open so they can join the squad.
I did strengthen LM/RM/DMF which has been a prioroty all season long.
Also renewed contracts for a few important players.
16 games in and im up to 4th place, which really blows my mind, still my goal is mid table to build for a top 5-6 position next year.
eFootball PES 2021 SEASON UPDATE 2024-08-07 15_06_35.png

Lazio away is always extremely tough, and for this game i decided to get my backup squad some playing time, obviously my team spirit dropped to mid 60, we all know how this game will go right?
View attachment 295142
Killer result for my team, a very well executed game by my guys.
This meant i had 7 games without losing, 5 wins and 2 draws
The following game i gave the backup guys another chance vs Napoli at home, great game by the team but i lost 1-0 in the end.

Next up a tough away game vs Claudio Ranieris Sampdoria.
The pressed me all over the pitch, especially the initial press was so good , but it always creates space once past that.
I won 3-1, a very solid game by my top players and im off and running again
View attachment 295145

Ive made 4 transfers ( 3 in 1 out) just waioting for the window to open so they can join the squad.
I did strengthen LM/RM/DMF which has been a prioroty all season long.
Also renewed contracts for a few important players.
16 games in and im up to 4th place, which really blows my mind, still my goal is mid table to build for a top 5-6 position next year.
View attachment 295147

Great start to the season mate - Looks like those new signings have really made a difference 👍🏻

Santos - Season 4 Summary (PES 21)

I’ve continued to really enjoy this save, so much so that I completely forgot to drop in a few updates and before I knew it the season was over!

Copa Do Brasil

We were determined to go one better this season after finishing runners up last year.

We were given a pretty tough side of the draw but thanks to a few upsets we had a relatively straightforward run to the final where we faced Atletico Mineiro.

The first leg of the final was away from home, we went 2 nil up and were cruising before a silly mistake at the back cost us - The match ended 2-1 and they had a glimmer of hope going into the second leg.

We started really slow and struggled to find our rhythm in the home tie. The cynic in me felt like this was classic PES, scripting to make everything in the game so much harder than it should have been. Mineiro grabbed a goal mid-way through the second half and we continued to struggle. Despite a couple of half chances for them we managed to see the game out and take the cup on away goals! Not as comfortable as we would have liked but the only thing that mattered was winning the trophy - Although Mineiro would have the last laugh later this season.

IMG_3437.jpeg

IMG_3438.jpeg

Campeonato Brasileiro Série A​

As defending champions we were keen to make a quick start and build on our cup win. We started off quite slow and struggled to find form in the early weeks of the season. We lost 1-0 to struggling Ponte Preta and also dropped a few silly points with draws against sides that we really should have beaten.

However the team really clicked after the first dozen or so games and we never really looked back. Flamengo were our nearest challengers again but once we got our noses in front there was no stopping us.

We ran out comfortable league winners, claiming the title with a 21 point margin 🙌🏻 It was back to back Serie A titles for Santos.

IMG_3433.jpeg
IMG_3434.jpeg
IMG_3435.jpeg

In terms of promotion and relegation, Cruzeiro, Fortaleza and Vasco all make an immediate return to Serie A alongside America Mineiro.

No real headlines in terms of relegation, although Sport Recife end a 3 year stay in Serie A after achieving promotion with us in Season 1.

IMG_3436.jpeg

Copa Libertadores

This was the one that we really wanted and I felt like the squad was in good shape to tackle 3 competitions.

We finished top of a fairly straightforward group containing Colo Colo and C.D. Cuenca. We met Colombian side Atletico National in the Round of 16, comfortably beating them 6-2 over 2 legs.

Our momentum was really good at this point, we were flying in the league and it seemed inevitable that we would have a pretty good run in the Libertadores too.

We were drawn against fellow Brazilian side Atletico Mineiro in the Quarter Final and managed to win the away league 1-0. In a repeat of the Copa do Brasil final we really struggled in the home leg and Mineiro scored an early goal to level the tie. We just could not find our rhythm but unlike the cup final, luck was not on our side and Mineiro scored a second with just twenty minutes remaining. Despite a few late half chances we could not find a crucial goal and we were out.

A hugely disappointing Libertadores campaign for us and with some big sides going out early, it felt like a real missed opportunity.

IMG_3432.jpeg

All in all, another great season with two trophies in the cabinet. We go on to season 5 in hunt of our first Libertadores title 🙌🏻

Santos - Season 4 Summary (PES 21)

I’ve continued to really enjoy this save, so much so that I completely forgot to drop in a few updates and before I knew it the season was over!

Copa Do Brasil

We were determined to go one better this season after finishing runners up last year.

We were given a pretty tough side of the draw but thanks to a few upsets we had a relatively straightforward run to the final where we faced Atletico Mineiro.

The first leg of the final was away from home, we went 2 nil up and were cruising before a silly mistake at the back cost us - The match ended 2-1 and they had a glimmer of hope going into the second leg.

We started really slow and struggled to find our rhythm in the home tie. The cynic in me felt like this was classic PES, scripting to make everything in the game so much harder than it should have been. Mineiro grabbed a goal mid-way through the second half and we continued to struggle. Despite a couple of half chances for them we managed to see the game out and take the cup on away goals! Not as comfortable as we would have liked but the only thing that mattered was winning the trophy - Although Mineiro would have the last laugh later this season.

View attachment 295351

View attachment 295353

Campeonato Brasileiro Série A​

As defending champions we were keen to make a quick start and build on our cup win. We started off quite slow and struggled to find form in the early weeks of the season. We lost 1-0 to struggling Ponte Preta and also dropped a few silly points with draws against sides that we really should have beaten.

However the team really clicked after the first dozen or so games and we never really looked back. Flamengo were our nearest challengers again but once we got our noses in front there was no stopping us.

We ran out comfortable league winners, claiming the title with a 21 point margin 🙌🏻 It was back to back Serie A titles for Santos.

View attachment 295354
View attachment 295355
View attachment 295356

In terms of promotion and relegation, Cruzeiro, Fortaleza and Vasco all make an immediate return to Serie A alongside America Mineiro.

No real headlines in terms of relegation, although Sport Recife end a 3 year stay in Serie A after achieving promotion with us in Season 1.

View attachment 295357

Copa Libertadores

This was the one that we really wanted and I felt like the squad was in good shape to tackle 3 competitions.

We finished top of a fairly straightforward group containing Colo Colo and C.D. Cuenca. We met Colombian side Atletico National in the Round of 16, comfortably beating them 6-2 over 2 legs.

Our momentum was really good at this point, we were flying in the league and it seemed inevitable that we would have a pretty good run in the Libertadores too.

We were drawn against fellow Brazilian side Atletico Mineiro in the Quarter Final and managed to win the away league 1-0. In a repeat of the Copa do Brasil final we really struggled in the home leg and Mineiro scored an early goal to level the tie. We just could not find our rhythm but unlike the cup final, luck was not on our side and Mineiro scored a second with just twenty minutes remaining. Despite a few late half chances we could not find a crucial goal and we were out.

A hugely disappointing Libertadores campaign for us and with some big sides going out early, it felt like a real missed opportunity.

View attachment 295358

All in all, another great season with two trophies in the cabinet. We go on to season 5 in hunt of our first Libertadores title 🙌🏻
Holy crap, starting to become a real power house mate.
Im so tempted to start an Argentinian adventure once my Salernitana run is over
Hope youll grab the Libertadores next season, best of luck

Three straight away games awaits my squad.
first game, Udinese away, proved to be a better team than me, had my chances (shot hitting the post and a header in the crossbar)
But this wasnt my day, really a bad day for me and lost 2-1, my goal came in the 93rd min.
eFootball PES 2021 SEASON UPDATE 2024-08-08 23_56_53.png

Next game a hard opponent in Fiorentina.
Started really good 1-0 and 2-0 within the first 30 min, Fiorentina had tons of chances had to defend tooth and nails all game long, but in the end came out with a great 3-2 win
eFootball PES 2021 SEASON UPDATE 2024-08-09 11_43_27.png

Last away game in this trioletta of games was Torino, and this was a proper hammering from my squad, never any danger of dropping points here, end result was 4-0
eFootball PES 2021 SEASON UPDATE 2024-08-09 12_25_39.png

Since im already in january ive made three signings to get my midfield a bit stronger when rotating the squad.
All pretty cheap and all free agent signing, planning to have them last me a season or two.
Bel Hassani.pngDiame.pngGarcia.png

Next games will be very tough, a double header vs Juventus in the 3rd round of Coppa Italia.
Think ill rotate quite heavily nad try to stay alive in the league

Last edited:
Knocked out of the Coppa Italia by Juventus 2-0 and 1-0 and its not the end of the world, my goal now is to make a top 6 position and some European football next season.

Had a very comfy win vs Sassuolo at home, a game that i controlled from the start, even started to do some dribbling experiment, havent been doing a lot of that since im used to L stick dribbling, but oh so effective once you pull it off.
eFootball PES 2021 SEASON UPDATE 2024-08-09 15_14_59.png

Next game should be a win as well (famous last words...) vs Benevento at home

Funny seeing you doing Pes21 Master League, Rocky.
I actually spent two weeks recently playing around in edit mode and manually changed all teams tactics to fluid, adjusted all the squads, COM playing styles and player traits and then just for the craic started new ML.
And it plays really well. Still on my first season and had 3 PK's already! Planning on installing and setting up Pes17 as well and just have them two for when I get the itch

Funny seeing you doing Pes21 Master League, Rocky.
I actually spent two weeks recently playing around in edit mode and manually changed all teams tactics to fluid, adjusted all the squads, COM playing styles and player traits and then just for the craic started new ML.
And it plays really well. Still on my first season and had 3 PK's already! Planning on installing and setting up Pes17 as well and just have them two for when I get the itch
Thats great Marty, its been a good season once i installed a few mods to make it more enjoyable.
I started my ML without editing anything which was a bad move, so many teams just hoofing it over my midfield and getting results that way, once this spell of Salernitana ML is over, im deffo doing some editing as well.
Its a fun game for sure, though i prefer my PES 20 since thats all setup, im having a lot of fun with this one.
I had PES 17 fully patched on pc before it crashed, so good.
Best of luck buddy and give us some info on how youre doing, Mallorca?

Best of luck buddy and give us some info on how youre doing, Mallorca?
Haha, Pes17 is going to be Mallorca no doubt. I have some really nice kits for them.
In Pes21 I created my own team, emblem, kits and players, coz I always found editing very enjoyable.
I played a lot of games last few months and eventually got to a point where I had shit loads installed, but didn't really want to play anything. I needed a palate cleanser, so here I am.

Haha, Pes17 is going to be Mallorca no doubt. I have some really nice kits for them.
In Pes21 I created my own team, emblem, kits and players, coz I always found editing very enjoyable.
I played a lot of games last few months and eventually got to a point where I had shit loads installed, but didn't really want to play anything. I needed a palate cleanser, so here I am.
I always have issues trying to play a lot of games, i usually end up playing one then when tired of it move on to the next one, that's my sport games gaming, no issues playing RDR 2 and 2k pretty much simultaneously

Yeah love editing as well, done a lot on my pes 14

Clearly suffering from Pes 21 fatigue, played 6 games today and i play 20 min.
Here's the thing, each game got worse than the previous, think the scripting/cheating/bad input is because of me fighting for 4th place.

Actually quit my last game after 80 min of play, was 3-0 up vs Genoa after the first half, then after 80 min the scoreline was 3-5..
Insane ping pong and cheating, and I couldn't stop anything from them.
Will replay that match tomorrow and hopefully it's a bit fairer
Still enjoying this a lot though

Last edited:
I finally started a new ML with my season 23/24 option file.

I picked Middlesbrough, not sure why just fancied giving them a go. I didn’t realise though that they only have 2 strikers. So I am playing 4-5-1 which isn’t a formation I would normally try.

Here are the highlights from Match Day 1 at home against Southampton.

I finally started a new ML with my season 23/24 option file.

I picked Middlesbrough, not sure why just fancied giving them a go. I didn’t realise though that they only have 2 strikers. So I am playing 4-5-1 which isn’t a formation I would normally try.

Here are the highlights from Match Day 1 at home against Southampton.

Ah Boro, my longest running ML ever.
Pes 6 for over 15 season.
Loved that team with Viduka and co
Best of luck Geee man

Ah Boro, my longest running ML ever.
Pes 6 for over 15 season.
Loved that team with Viduka and co
Best of luck Geee man

Wow over 15 seasons that is great to hear man.

I wish this team had Viduka in it, especially with only 2 strikers. :LOL:

Next up was Burnley away in the rain. How would our 21 year old striker Josh Coburn do?

On a side note, does anybody know how to stop the slow down? I am playing on the PCSX Emulator on the Xbox Series S. It is not really bad but annoying especially when it is snowing :)

So after quitting my last game vs Genoa, were i was 3-0 up after 45 min, and then 3-5 down after 80 min, i thought that scripting had reach a new height, boy was i wrong...
eFootball PES 2021 SEASON UPDATE 2024-08-12 01_04_33.png
replayed it and it was just insane, everything went the cpu way, ping pong through me, every chance a 100 percent chance, my players totally useless etc, just by the freekick count alone id say something is up.
The worst thing is, if i dont take this script mess now, itll only spill over to the next game, absolutely a fucking joke this.
so 6-0 up the shitter vs a crap team, horrible mess this

So after quitting my last game vs Genoa, were i was 3-0 up after 45 min, and then 3-5 down after 80 min, i thought that scripting had reach a new height, boy was i wrong...
View attachment 295930
replayed it and it was just insane, everything went the cpu way, ping pong through me, every chance a 100 percent chance, my players totally useless etc, just by the freekick count alone id say something is up.
The worst thing is, if i dont take this script mess now, itll only spill over to the next game, absolutely a fucking joke this.
so 6-0 up the shitter vs a crap team, horrible mess this

Great start to the season mate - It looks like you are building a really solid team and have a good shot at qualifying for Europe next season!

Sorry to see the scripting rear its head, it’s always bullshit and in there somewhere. Over time I have probably just learned to accept one or two games are going to go that way in a season. It is definitely more frequent in cup games too.

It is just a really poor way of nerfing the player and boosting the CPU, hopefully one day we will get a football game that truly increases the difficulty without blatant one sided scripting.

Keep your chin up mate and onto the next one now 🙌🏻

Great start to the season mate - It looks like you are building a really solid team and have a good shot at qualifying for Europe next season!

Sorry to see the scripting rear its head, it’s always bullshit and in there somewhere. Over time I have probably just learned to accept one or two games are going to go that way in a season. It is definitely more frequent in cup games too.

It is just a really poor way of nerfing the player and boosting the CPU, hopefully one day we will get a football game that truly increases the difficulty without blatant one sided scripting.

Keep your chin up mate and onto the next one now 🙌🏻
Cheers mate, yeah ill finish off the season today, probably end up 4th-6th place which is ok for sure

Holy crap, starting to become a real power house mate.
Im so tempted to start an Argentinian adventure once my Salernitana run is over
Hope youll grab the Libertadores next season, best of luck

Cheers mate - The squad is definitely where it needs to be now and we’re progressing well in Season 5 so far.

Hopefully we go one better this season and can finally win the Libertadores!

Argentina is a great shout, especially in the modern games where the league is just scattered with 25-30 teams. I might do another South American save after this one as I’ve never done a Chile or Colombia save.

Cheers mate - The squad is definitely where it needs to be now and we’re progressing well in Season 5 so far.

Hopefully we go one better this season and can finally win the Libertadores!

Argentina is a great shout, especially in the modern games where the league is just scattered with 25-30 teams. I might do another South American save after this one as I’ve never done a Chile or Colombia save.
Im so tempted, plus i need a restart due to edit tactics for cpu team etc
youll get it this season

@rockstrongo Yeah man, scripting/momentum can be quite an issue in PES 2021! I'm not quite sure if you are playing console or PC versions, but the PC versions have some nice mods to address this. In anycase, it's quite interesting to see a Salernitana save, as I am facing them frequently in my Torino story! Serie A is definitely one of my favorite competitions.

@Kopite1990 Congratulations on winning the Brazilian double, bro! You completely dominated the league! Brazil is interesting in the sense that the Copa do Brasil is almost as highly regarded as the Brasileirao, which is very different from the rest of South America, where the Leagues are considered truly much more prestigious than cups! Also, it seems like you got quite the rivalry with Mineiro, they have been really strong in the past few years (with the additions of Hulk, Diego Costa, and many others)! They are a very strong team!

Great to hear that you guys are thinking South America next! Let me know if you have any questions! (by the way, real life Libertadores knockout stage starts this week!) :TU:

Random question of the day but I'm quite new to the forum; is any ML save from any PES allowed here?

I'm keen on starting a ML on PES 6 with the 02/03 patch. I haven't decided the team I'll be using or if I'll go with the ML default squad.

Either way, I'll wait until you guys reply first 🫡

Back
Top Bottom