The Master League adventures thread

1687798050870.png

@slamsoze Noooooooo brooooo! Fluminense has agreed to pay Arthur Gomes' release fee! (I have only protected Castolo and Leandro in my Estrela Azul Paulista save!) It sucks to see him leave, I had grown attached to him and he was playing really well in the LWF position, flying through the wings, assisting and scoring like you mentioned, and was happy with the team! Damn finances. Now I need to find a replacement for him, fast.

Last edited:
View attachment 221864

@slamsoze Noooooooo brooooo! Fluminense has agreed to pay Arthur Gomes' release fee! (I have only protected Castolo and Leandro in my Estrela Azul Paulista save!) It sucks to see him leave, I had grown attached to him and he was playing really well in the LWF position, flying through the wings, assisting and scoring like you mentioned, and was happy with the team! Damn finances. Now I need to find a replacement for him, fast.
Oh FFS dude....fekin mercenaries..... DON'T LET HIM touch the grass again, until the last day of the transfers mate!!! :RANT::APPLAUD:

Ok, jokes aside.... It is nice when this happens, despite it happens very rare to me , due to Transfer Settings i've set, have it to normal, but at least when it happens, it's spicy and adds some drama to the ML story telling!!!

View attachment 221864

Oh man, that sucks.. but as Slam said, I love when it happens.. adds to much spice to the career!

Maybe you could buy him back? Or, thinking better about it, just let the poor bastard rot in his future team as he deserves :TU:

Good save!!! 5 seasons gone, and heading to the 6th. Typical difficulty of LaLiga, you must do something extraterestial to overcome Barca-Real-Atletico, they're so big 3... Or wait until one of them start collapsing due to time passage. I like your roster, you kept a balance between regens and OG players? Cause the OPR average is ~75+/-
With regards to my squad, I've had to limit what I spend & be clever with finding players who can do a job in specific roles. As I stated before, PES allows you to have a lower rated player overall but they excel in a certain position or role asked of them.

Regarding regens, I try to sign the ones that need a bit of work and development. Tevez popped up on my Youth Team, but if I got him, he'd be world class within 2 seasons, so I've not touched him.

With all that said and now I've got the hang of grabbing screenshots, below is a bit of a more in depth look at my squad and also a couple highlighting the individual stats I look for.

I play a 4-1-2-3 formation that becomes a 2-1-4-3 when in possession, with both FBs pushed.

IMG_20230627_103009.jpg

GKs/Defenders...

The 'keepers I discussed in my last post, Adrian has been a stalwart making 153 appearances, but he's now rapidly declining at 38 years old. Sanchez is a great signing without being unrealistic for where we are as a team and Subasic is off on loan to get some experience, as he's a regen.

The back 4 is usually Casas, Rivas, Carmo & Vieirinha (more on him later). Casas & Rivas have been with me since the start, with 178 & 184 appearances respectively. Rivas is my Captain and below is his stats...

188fc2d86b418-f1a113809EE96A06AD5.190B33253C486EB2_message_432091634442639_1687857947041.jpg

As you can see, nothing spectacular and only 75 overall rated but I've a massive affinity to him, he barely puts a foot wrong and I think will easily hit 250-300 appearances for us.

Albiol is a regen, but won't oust Rivas. Carmo & Cuenca both left footed CBs as I like to have a balance. The FBs, Hugo Mallo is a regen & is steadily growing but will never displace Casas who is superb for us. On the left, Aaron Martin has been a good servant but recently lost his place.

IMG_20230627_102927.jpg

Midfielders...

Enriquez and Jaime have been with me since the start, both have now made over 150 appearances for the club. With Andre Horta sold in the summer, either one - probably Enriquez - will get that starting position. Both have been real steady players for me, Jaime is the more 'flamboyant' producing some off your seat moments, but his form is up and down.

Anchoring the Midfield is Gustavo Assuncao...

188fc2d6db456-f1a113809EE96A06AD5.190B33253C486EB2_message_432091636682261_1687857955790.jpg

At DM I always look for a player with 80+ in stamina, defensive awareness, ball winning & aggression. As you can see, he fits the bill perfectly. He doesn't need to be fast or amazing at passing as he plays as an anchor and is there to break up play, then keep possession by offloading to someone else. He does it brilliantly.

Monchu is a new signing this summer and adds more cover. Fabricio Diaz has grown well but never really nailed down a first team spot. He's been used at RB as well and his versatility has probably been what's stopped me selling him. He's still quite young though, so chances will come to establish himself.

Melendo is a player I've always liked. His left foot at times is a wand and he can spray the ball about. He doesn't start every week but always does a good job when needed.

Matheus França is the maverick of this side. Brazilian, young, stacked with flair and huge potential. Highest overall rated player at the club, he can literally at times win games on his own (only last season, he scored a wonder goal, beating 4 players before dinking it past the GK). I'm expecting him to start catching admiring glances from the 'bigger clubs' & if we don't break the top 4, I may be forced to sell (I do like to keep things realistic in that aspect and always take into consideration the standing of the club bidding for my player etc...)

IMG_20230627_102849.jpg

Forwards...

Finally, onto the attacking threat.

Danilo is my 1st choice CF. He came in from Twente and in 77 apps so far has scored 32 goals. He did go on a worrying baren run in the last few months of the previous season, so more cover has been brought in.

Pucheta was a steal. He literally cost about £250,000 from a South American side. To be honest, I've probably underused him and he should of had a better run of games. With Europa Football again, he'll start in that Competition and we will go from there.

Wesley, as mentioned in the last post, has been signed solely as back up and a different option when needed.

Pellistri came on a free transfer to replace the outgoing Collado. Not played much with him yet, but he's got electric pace and fits what I want in a RW.

Vieirinha is a regen and as mentioned is currently my starting LB. He can play nearly everywhere on the pitch. His defensive stats ain't great but his pace & dribbling bails him out on occasions. I've started to train him as an offensive FB. He also fills in on either flank if and when needed.

Finally, onto David Larrubia. What a journey he's had. When I first took Malaga over, I shipped him out on loan. He did alright, came back & due to injuries and form, I was forced to use him. He literally tore the opposition apart, I was stunned. Since then, he's been a major part of our rise back into La Liga and the Top 6.

188fc2da68c7-f1a113809EE96A06AD5.190B33253C486EB2_message_432091639584317_1687857967126.jpg

As you can see, his stats ain't exactly brilliant but that balance stat, along with his pace, makes him a joy to use. I know I can give him the ball, face up the defenders and he will just burn past them. He has scored some superb individual goals and it is players like this that I love the ML, as I had basically disgarded him from the off, now I'd not swap him for anyone!!

That's my team, as we start season 5. I'm using Bebeto as a manager, so hence the Brazilian/South American influence on the side.

The Top 4 quest begins!!

@abcdefg1 Nice! I've always thought about using Bebeto as a manager in a future ML story, as I really think he is charismatic. Who can forget his iconic 1994 WC celebration among so many other things! I definitely see the Brazilian influence on your side. Will be rooting for you guys to overtake the big-3, it is interesting that both you and @slamsoze are in a similar position, with a very good team by this point but still looking to overtake the Spanish giants. I've never personally played La Liga but if I did, that would definitely be the main challenge, as the league itself is really top heavy.

@millossobek The Spanish League is indeed a hard nut to crack.

The 1st season after promotion, when I played one of the big 3, I got absolutely dominated - including a
5-1 home defeat in the cup v Barca.

Last season I beat Real Madrid, drew twice with Ateltico and lost narrowly to Barca twice, so making progress.

Hopefully one of them fall away. Out of interest, when Real offered me the job, I saved my game and accepted it so I could nose at their squad and finances. They have a lot of ageing players with about £135 million to spend, so they'd be the team to drop off first I reckon. Though they will probably get Modric & Kroos back as regens in the next 1-2 seasons.

That's one of the reasons that have prevented me from playing the Spanish League, tbh. The top-heaviness of it. When I played in the Calcio, starting in Serie B with Reggina, even though it took me a couple of years to get promoted, once I did it felt like the league was a bit more wide open. I mean, of course you had Milan, Inter, Juventus, Napoli, etc.. But interestingly, Juventus didn't do well in the two seasons that I was there, while Inter dominated a bit more. It seems to me like the Spanish League is kinda set in stone, not only in the matches against them necessarily, but in the overall table with the big 3.

Still, it's a league I want to play in sometime, just have to find a team which strikes my fancy. I have a few candidates. :TU:

Last edited:
I'm still playing Pro 6, I've reached the 2030 season, I no longer get offers, I just exchange players or I buy. Should I change something?

Hey guys! Been meaning to ask: I've been thinking about experimenting with PES 4 Master League for a long time, and would probably one day start a campaign with it, but I have general question. What are the main differences between PES 4 and PES 5 ML experiences? Are there any missing or additional features that PES 4 ML has that I should be aware of? I remember that @slamsoze and @Madmac79 said that the growth patterns overtime of the players are a bit different, but besides the growth curves, are there any significant differences in how ML works in PES 4?

Hey guys! Been meaning to ask: I've been thinking about experimenting with PES 4 Master League for a long time, and would probably one day start a campaign with it, but I have general question. What are the main differences between PES 4 and PES 5 ML experiences? Are there any missing or additional features that PES 4 ML has that I should be aware of? I remember that @slamsoze and @Madmac79 said that the growth patterns overtime of the players are a bit different, but besides the growth curves, are there any significant differences in how ML works in PES 4?
I can't remember with details to be honest, it's pretty similar with some differences in training, the typical, add this remove that feature.

The development curves are more rigid in PES 4 though, as it was the first time they were implemented.

I'm still playing Pro 6, I've reached the 2030 season, I no longer get offers, I just exchange players or I buy. Should I change something?
This was an issue I had always with PES 6 ML. People on retro corner thread have given various workarounds, like messing with ML settings before you start, IIRC, set transfers frequency to high, something like this.

For me, after 1st season, it was always no offers, and only forced transfers by trades. 😕

Got about 10 games left of season 5.

Dumped out the Europa League in the group stage which was a big disappointment.

In the league, the 3 usual antagonists are leading the way. I'm in a battle with Valencia & Villarreal for 4th spot. We all have the same amount of points, so I need to go on a run because if I don't get Champions League this season, I'll probably look at moving clubs.

Some of my players have been a bit inconsistent this season. Adrian is back as my number 1 'keeper at the age of 39. Sanchez kept flapping and seemed to concede everytime someone shot at him. I'm open to selling him already.

Pellistri has been a bit odd too. One minute he seems brilliant, the next he's missing open goals, can't pass 5 yards etc... so if Champions League is achieved I might go all out for a world class winger.

Wesley, who I signed for £10mill, decided to announce his retirement! He's only 29. He's not played much to be fair, I've gave him a few games but despite having high physical strength, he can't do much else. I've gone with the narrative that the injury he suffered IRL at Villa, has finnaly caught up with him. I know PES don't know things like that, but I thought it was kind of a nice little coincidence considering the circumstances. I would like my £10mill back though 😂😂

Rivas, Casas & Enriquez have all gone over the 200 appearances landmark.

Juande Rivas has become a bit of a cult hero in my household. Everytime he makes a good tackle, I shout 'Juaaaande' and my wife shouts it back. I usually go in a party chat with my 16 year-old lad when playing, even though he's only upstairs, and he always asks about Rivas 😂

I turned 40 this year & sometimes think I need to get a life 🤔 then I'm like, nah, real life is tough, and lose myself in my virtual world.

That's one of the reasons that have prevented me from playing the Spanish League, tbh. The top-heaviness of it. When I played in the Calcio, starting in Serie B with Reggina, even though it took me a couple of years to get promoted, once I did it felt like the league was a bit more wide open. I mean, of course you had Milan, Inter, Juventus, Napoli, etc.. But interestingly, Juventus didn't do well in the two seasons that I was there, while Inter dominated a bit more. It seems to me like the Spanish League is kinda set in stone, not only in the matches against them necessarily, but in the overall table with the big 3.

Still, it's a league I want to play in sometime, just have to find a team which strikes my fancy. I have a few candidates. :TU:
lol the last MLs that i did i also played with reggina because of the fun name
even one with the reggina squad in pes 2011, with barilla, bonazzoli, danti, sarno being amazing

Got about 10 games left of season 5.

Dumped out the Europa League in the group stage which was a big disappointment.

In the league, the 3 usual antagonists are leading the way. I'm in a battle with Valencia & Villarreal for 4th spot. We all have the same amount of points, so I need to go on a run because if I don't get Champions League this season, I'll probably look at moving clubs.

Some of my players have been a bit inconsistent this season. Adrian is back as my number 1 'keeper at the age of 39. Sanchez kept flapping and seemed to concede everytime someone shot at him. I'm open to selling him already.

Pellistri has been a bit odd too. One minute he seems brilliant, the next he's missing open goals, can't pass 5 yards etc... so if Champions League is achieved I might go all out for a world class winger.

Wesley, who I signed for £10mill, decided to announce his retirement! He's only 29. He's not played much to be fair, I've gave him a few games but despite having high physical strength, he can't do much else. I've gone with the narrative that the injury he suffered IRL at Villa, has finnaly caught up with him. I know PES don't know things like that, but I thought it was kind of a nice little coincidence considering the circumstances. I would like my £10mill back though 😂😂

Rivas, Casas & Enriquez have all gone over the 200 appearances landmark.

Juande Rivas has become a bit of a cult hero in my household. Everytime he makes a good tackle, I shout 'Juaaaande' and my wife shouts it back. I usually go in a party chat with my 16 year-old lad when playing, even though he's only upstairs, and he always asks about Rivas 😂

I turned 40 this year & sometimes think I need to get a life 🤔 then I'm like, nah, real life is tough, and lose myself in my virtual world.
Love the relationship you and your wife have. Well done mate!

1689569153857.png

Guys! I'm sure some of you are familiar with one of my favorite current players: Juan Carlos Pereira from Millos! I decided to start a BAL in PES 2013 with him as an all-around box-to-box midfielder with high stamina (I've heard this is the best edition to play BAL in because of the in-between-games stuff, and I decided to play my whole career in Europe! Funnily enough, I got picked by PEC Zwolle, and they have Millos' same colors! :BSCARF:

1689569229359.png

I'll be playing this intermittently, kind of a "chillout" type of deal, but it will probably be the first time I try to play a long term BAL.
Looking forward to it! :TU:

Last edited:
Welcome to the new PES 6 league called "Playing Against Myself."
Rules :
20 classic custom teams - 20 user teams
home away-yes/always playing as home team
It means - 380 matches to play to complete competition
Camera - Normal Long
One player can only play for one club. No duplicate players.
To make it more difficult i'm not allowed to use/change attack/defence levels, it's controlled by CPU (semi-auto, auto attack, auto defence)
No super cancel, no cutback goals, no square/circle+x dribbling
Only konami stats for players.
Now, every team have 32 players, and thanks to this amazing thread about tactics (https://evoweb.uk/threads/team-tactics-for-we9-le.73798/) every team have good, complete formation, not just some random stuff, 99% of players have their own personalized boots (thanks to https://evoweb.uk/threads/pes6-classic-patch-2022-v2-1-by-tuna-34-goodbye.79993/page-37) face&hair (various patches, tuna, firebird, phoenix...)
Teams list :
teams list.PNG

Players, lineups, formations.
https://mega.nz/file/KlhD3QpA#5pPFyMgblv52Q3cnGlZOSfs5_5EtF4wOQIT7xIxVjAU

Because i started this league 2,3,4, weeks ago, next report will be half season report. If anybody is interested, you can find previous reports here in this thread -> https://evoweb.uk/threads/the-retro-pes-corner.78697/page-523#post-3967131 or check my profile page https://evoweb.uk/search/1344299/

Half season report.

Fiorentina is still in first place, with 19 matches in a row without a draw (record). Batistuta leading clubs goals/assists category with 5 goals and 3 assists. Antognoni and Rui Costa dictating the play from midfield, with help from the amazing dribbler Bertoni, playing on the right side. Defence leader, sweeper, Passarella with goalkeeper Toldo provides great defensive strength. Juventus in second place, thanks to two or three away wins. Del Piero 5 goals, Platini and Boniek 4. Ajax started the championship very good, with 4 wins in first 5 rounds, then for the rest 14 rounds only 3 wins, so they are at position numero 14. Chelsea on the other hand, have been in last place for the long time, but again, thanks to 2 away wins in a row, they managed to jump over Inter and Parma. Also they played 5 draw matches in a row. It's gonna be very interesting season. In 3rd place we have 4 teams with 30 points, and in 11th place with 28 points is Real Madrid. Rooney is top scorer with 9 goals, 7 of them he scored in first 5 rounds. Four players leading assists category with 4 assists (Mendieta, Nani, Gerrard, Mihajlovic)
Now, pics and short video

bandicam 2023-07-28 13-06-06-460.jpgbandicam 2023-07-28 13-06-10-374.jpgbandicam 2023-07-28 13-06-12-025.jpgbandicam 2023-07-28 13-06-16-467.jpgbandicam 2023-07-28 13-06-20-034.jpgbandicam 2023-07-28 13-06-21-582.jpgbandicam 2023-07-28 13-06-24-027.jpg

Lots of interesting and important matches in previous 5 rounds. Also, we have a new record. Man Utd-Tottenham 9-1, most goals/biggest defeat so far.
Fiorentina in 1st place, with important, very important draw in away match against Juventus. Great game for Socrates (man of the match-7.5), and Toldo (7.0)
Match ended 0-0. Henry scored 5 times (record) in a match against mighty Milan (7-0). Maradona missed a penalty in a defeat against Atletico Madrid (1-2).
I'm really enjoyng playing with all stars/legends!

Pics and short "No goal!" video.

bandicam 2023-08-01 13-24-20-865.jpgbandicam 2023-08-01 13-24-24-858.jpgbandicam 2023-08-01 13-24-27-922.jpgbandicam 2023-08-01 13-24-31-506.jpgbandicam 2023-08-01 13-24-35-023.jpgbandicam 2023-08-01 13-24-37-107.jpgbandicam 2023-08-01 13-24-40-090.jpgbandicam 2023-07-30 18-00-23-961.jpg

1691867631198.png

I decided to start a long-term Master League with my friend @mattmid's brilliant PES 6 English Leagues 2015-16 Option File! This OF is massive, and completely dedicated to the different divisions of the English Leagues!

I've been wanting to try this patch for a long long time! And in a salute to the creator of the patch, I have decided to play as Matt's favorite team, Portsmouth FC, also known by their faithful as Pompey! :BSCARF:

1691866478017.png

Here's the basic setup of the ML: There are 4 Leagues, all English of course, with a mix of Premier League, Championship, and League One teams. I distributed the four leagues so that there is an equal mix of all categories in the top division! (Give or take, there are 6 EPL, 5 Championship, and 5 League One teams per division). I decided to set it up this way so that there is a nice balance between the four leagues and no one is more overpowered than the other! I also tried to place "derby teams" in the same league! (For example, Arsenal vs Tottenham, Liverpool vs Everton, etc).

Portsmouth is playing D2, with a mix of League One/Two teams! I set it up in such a way that if we get promoted, we'll be playing in the first league! (The one with Arsenal, Tottenham, Newcastle, West Ham, etc.!) I'm really looking forward to playing in an "All-English Footballing World"! It'll be very interesting to see how this works, all European Cups will be "English Cups", it's like an alternate universe!

Drew the first match against Plymouth 1-1, in a match where Noel Hunt got injured, and Conor Chaplin subbed in in the second half and scored the equalizer in the 87th minute! And this was our second match against Crawley! :TU: Will keep you guys updated!

Last edited:
And the winner is... drum roll please...

Juventus-FC-Logo-2004-2017.jpg

Pics :

bandicam 2023-08-13 11-23-28-069.jpgbandicam 2023-08-13 11-23-32-273.jpgbandicam 2023-08-13 11-23-35-308.jpgbandicam 2023-08-13 11-23-23-145.jpgbandicam 2023-08-13 11-23-39-687.jpgbandicam 2023-08-13 11-23-43-635.jpgbandicam 2023-08-13 11-23-46-306.jpgbandicam 2023-08-13 11-23-50-010.jpg

Retook my 21 Spezia ML after some good time.

Just for a quick recap, I'm in my 7th season; that's how my team looks as of now:

Screenshot 2023-08-14 23-23-28.png

plus Bøving which was out of picture.

When I took my hiatus, I was in the middle of winter market; only operations I did, were to sell Balogun and buy Joao Pedro, a forward for a forward; the brazilian already started giving a great contribute to my team, being useful both as a wing and as a central forward. Resisted to offers for Chakvetadze and Zoet; even if they aren't in the center of the project anymore, I'm too fond of them and will probably bring them to the end (Chak is still a very good second line anyway). I also had the temptation to get rid of Luka Romero since he left Lazio in rl :P, but decided to keep him anyway, love too much his playstyle and how he's growing up.

For once, no surprises from other teams using release clauses on my players, so I could happily conclude january without any painful departure.

About the field; I passed the first major european cup turn against CSKA Mosca (will face "fake" Manchester City in the quarters) and, as for the league, a good streak brought me currently here:

Screenshot 2023-08-13 00-17-04.png

Combining it with the fact I'm about to face Lazio in the Coppa Italia, I still have the possibility to win it all.. or to equally lose it all. Will be some exciting last months I guess!

I'm also coaching Japan, but for now just (boring) international friendlies ahead which I'm shamelessly skipping. I'm itching to try again a proper NT competition in ML now that I have a bit more experience (and a better team than the Wales from my first try)!

Hey guys, here are my latest 2 episodes of my PES 5 ML using the Original Season Patch by Fabri. I’m really enjoying this ML 😀. A new ML Default hero is emerging. A player I’ve never really had much joy from before 😮.

if you watch the vids, let me know if he has ever done much for you in past? 👍

So, season ended in total disgrace! Eliminated by Lazio in Coppa Italia, by City in Europe, and ended here in League:

Screenshot 2023-08-19 23-29-36.png

Fatal were a draw in Turin against Juve and a sound 3-0 defeat against Inter at (fake) San Siro. But at least I saved the second place, so no Europe play-offs.

So, as the season came to an end, I decided to not buy out Boving and Morato from the loans (both pretty useless, especially Morato who on paper should be better than all my defenders, but never show it on field) and picked up two powerhouses in their place: winger Doku and defender Gvardiol.

But the best buy was certainly the come back of Martinelli. He was bought from me with the release clause a season and half ago, but once I saw it on the observer's list again I had not doubt.. he was the best player I've had in this whole Master League and now that I completed his transfer I can't wait to use him again.

Now the League is starting and I still have 10 days of market, I'll see if some chance come to pick one more midfielder, otherwise I already have a pretty deep/quality roster and I hope this eighth will be the good year to finally win a big one.

p.s. next summer I will also play Asian Cup with Japan after two seasons (the one I'm about to play included) of no NT competitions, in my group consisting of China, Lebanon and United Arab Emirates. Hope I'll be able to make a World Cup run too!

So, season ended in total disgrace! Eliminated by Lazio in Coppa Italia, by City in Europe, and ended here in League:

Fatal were a draw in Turin against Juve and a sound 3-0 defeat against Inter at (fake) San Siro. But at least I saved the second place, so no Europe play-offs.

So, as the season came to an end, I decided to not buy out Boving and Morato from the loans (both pretty useless, especially Morato who on paper should be better than all my defenders, but never show it on field) and picked up two powerhouses in their place: winger Doku and defender Gvardiol.

But the best buy was certainly the come back of Martinelli. He was bought from me with the release clause a season and half ago, but once I saw it on the observer's list again I had not doubt.. he was the best player I've had in this whole Master League and now that I completed his transfer I can't wait to use him again.

Now the League is starting and I still have 10 days of market, I'll see if some chance come to pick one more midfielder, otherwise I already have a pretty deep/quality roster and I hope this eighth will be the good year to finally win a big one.

p.s. next summer I will also play Asian Cup with Japan after two seasons (the one I'm about to play included) of no NT competitions, in my group consisting of China, Lebanon and United Arab Emirates. Hope I'll be able to make a World Cup run too!
"eliminated" by Lazio...
Knowing you and what team you support im sceptical buddy:)
Btw that season looks like Bayer Leverkusens season they lost the league and cup and finally the Cl final vs Juve? (or was it RM) with that amazing Zizou goal

Back
Top Bottom