The Master League adventures thread

Lots of options mate - Sociedad would be one that excites me. A team outside the traditional bigger Spanish clubs and without a La Liga title since the early 1980’s.

I like choosing a club who has a direct rival in the division too, which they have in Blibao.

Think it would be a real challenge to build up their squad to overthrow Real/Barca and also to try to win a European trophy.
ALso a good choice, theyre on my list, pretty high up too
Yeah a rival is needed, thats why i have Betis/Sevilla.
Its a pretty damn good option that one.
Got a bit side tracked after watching this one
try to bring some glory to Deportivo whos in the 3rd division today, or go for Celta

I would go for either Betis or Valencia, here's why!

Betis: I think they have one of the most passionate fanbases in the league! Not a lot of La Liga success, but their fans are always there! I think they are a club with a strong identity.

Valencia: I've always lliked Rafa Benitez. Perhaps you could bring him back in your story! A historical and traditional team which could rival Madrid and Barca in your save if you play your cards right!

I would go for either Betis or Valencia, here's why!

Betis: I think they have one of the most passionate fanbases in the league! Not a lot of La Liga success, but their fans are always there! I think they are a club with a strong identity.

Valencia: I've always lliked Rafa Benitez. Perhaps you could bring him back in your story! A historical and traditional team which could rival Madrid and Barca in your save if you play your cards right!
Betis is almost always the team i go for when playing La Liga, but Valencia is tempting

Holy crap how hard this is to decide.
My criteria (and knowing myself) is that the team cant be too good from the start, if i dont have a challenge over at least 3 seasons before becoming dominat or winning ill tire of it.
so Athletico, which im very tempted to take is too good tbh, maybe my next move?
Same thing with Valencia
Deportivo
and Celta Vigo doesnt have stadiums and are out, which is a shame, think id go for any of those two otherwise, even though a bit unrealistic

So its down to Sevilla (also a good team) Real Sociedad and Real Betis (Which i always play as)

I simmed to season 2 of my Rayo ML, and wouldnt you know, a EL spot.
Must have been a top 6 team winning the cup so i got their spot.
Will have that save as a backup, cant really ditch it.

But my new ML will be this team.
Real Sociedad
Had a few low key (73-77 OVR) signings and my main objective is a top 6 spot (IRL Sociedad came in at 4Th this season.
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 30-08-2023 22_34_15.png

And wouldnt you know, first game of the La Liga campaign is of course our rivals Athletic Club Bilbao

Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 30-08-2023 23_12_09.png
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 30-08-2023 23_12_26.png

And of course we start away at The San Mames
Toughest possible challenge.
But i love that
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 30-08-2023 23_12_56.png

I have pretty high hopes for this season, will be fun to see Griezman`s development and i think i have a team for a top 6 position this year and moving on up the ladder the next one
Vamos!

One of those classic PES sessions tonight where it feels like the game is working against you, but I persevered.

We lost three on the spin before we managed to come back from 2 goals down to draw 2-2 against league leaders Dínamo Zagreb. Agata scored a brilliant half volley to make it 2-1 before Ximelez popped up in the 87th minute with the equaliser.

We managed to pick up back to back wins against Slavia Prague and Qarabag to push us back up to mid-table. The way the league is shaping up means that a couple of wins can see you really climb up the league, but a poor run of form can see you quickly drop down too.

IMG_1480.jpeg

IMG_1479.jpeg

I still don’t see us having the quality or the consistency to finish too high up the league but we will see. The transfer window opens in three games but I’m going to resist the urge for new signings and save my spending until the Summer.

IMG_1481.jpeg

One thing is for sure, Agata is our main outlet and goalscorer with 7 goals in 16 games this season. It would be a real worry if we were forced to replace him and hopefully he has a couple of decent seasons left in him.

One of those classic PES sessions tonight where it feels like the game is working against you, but I persevered.

We lost three on the spin before we managed to come back from 2 goals down to draw 2-2 against league leaders Dínamo Zagreb. Agata scored a brilliant half volley to make it 2-1 before Ximelez popped up in the 87th minute with the equaliser.

We managed to pick up back to back wins against Slavia Prague and Qarabag to push us back up to mid-table. The way the league is shaping up means that a couple of wins can see you really climb up the league, but a poor run of form can see you quickly drop down too.

View attachment 232057

View attachment 232058

I still don’t see us having the quality or the consistency to finish too high up the league but we will see. The transfer window opens in three games but I’m going to resist the urge for new signings and save my spending until the Summer.

View attachment 232059

One thing is for sure, Agata is our main outlet and goalscorer with 7 goals in 16 games this season. It would be a real worry if we were forced to replace him and hopefully he has a couple of decent seasons left in him.
Still, a respectable position and some great goalscoring by Castolo and Agata.
Mid table being the the goal?

First game and it was a cracker, away to our bitter Basque rivals Athleti.
Completely pinned down the first 40 min until i scored on a pretty amazing long ranger making it 1-0 before the break.
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 30-08-2023 23_45_14.png
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 30-08-2023 23_45_45.png

Second half up until the 70th min was still a tight affair and my defence bailed me out time after time.
A made a double substition in the 77th minute and one of my youngsters Artmeen came in and on his first touch launched a rocket

I closed the deal by scoring on a freekick in the 90th min making it a 3-0 win

Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 31-08-2023 00_07_18.png

Still, a respectable position and some great goalscoring by Castolo and Agata.
Mid table being the the goal?

Definitely, mid table or above would be a brilliant first season given we have one of the worst squads in the league on paper.

Great first win for you too, nothing better than a victory over your rivals. That first strike was a gem 👍🏻

I think my end game with starting to play ML on PES 2013-14-15 has always been to return to PES 2017.
Always been my go to game, the game ive played the most MLs on.
Not there yet since im really enjoying 13, but i will get there

Off to a flying start to say the least, 1-0 vs Deportivo La Coruna away, which was a drag of a game, mistakes and me not being able to shut it down properly.
Still a win is a win.
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 31-08-2023 22_16_14.png

Next up was our home premiere against Getafe.
Proved to be a strange one, 1-0 1-1 then 2-1 then 2-2 before i could close it down with 3 straight goals in the 2nd half.
Griezman was MOTM with 4 assists making it 5-2.

Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 31-08-2023 22_57_05.png

Top of the league after 3 games, with Barcelona and RM behind on goal difference.
My last game vs Getafe really proved how fun and good this game is, especially on PA0 it really opens the game up.

So we managed to string a few wins together and find some consistency after my last update. Given how tight the league was at the time this took us out of that mid-table bunch and in with a real chance of qualifying for Europe.

Here is the state of play with 13 games remaining:

IMG_1487.jpeg

So we are right in the mix - One thing to keep an eye on is how the cup could impact things. The top 3 qualify for the Champions League and the cup winners will qualify for the Europa League. Olympiakos, Shakhtar, Partizan and Dynamo Kiev are all in the last 8 of the cup. If they win the cup and finish in the top 3 then 4th place may be enough to guarantee European football.

It would probably be a season too soon for the squad and would mean adding more quality than we had planned to in the Summer but we will see.

We resisted the urge to sign anyone during the mid-season transfer window. We had a bit of a scare when a team triggered Boyano’s release clause. His stats aren’t great but he has been a real warrior for us in DM alongside Cellini. Thankfully he accepted our new contract offer and chose to stay.

Our form lately has been a bit hit and miss though:

IMG_1488.jpeg

IMG_1489.jpeg

The goals have dried up and Ágata is on a real dry patch. We won our last game 1-0 against Ferencvaros but it took a brilliant strike from Cellini to win it for us, before and after that we didn’t really create too much.

Next up we have back to back games against Shakhtar and Olympiakos, results that will probably go some way in defining whether or not we have a decent chance to qualifying for Europe next season.

Last edited:
So we managed to string a few wins together and find some consistency after my last update. Given how tight the league was at the time this took us out of that mid-table bunch and in with a real chance of qualifying for Europe.

Here is the state of play with 13 games remaining:

View attachment 232364

So we are right in the mix - One thing to keep an eye on is how the cup could impact things. The top 3 qualify for the Champions League and the cup winners will qualify for the Europa League. Olympiakos, Shakhtar, Partizan and Dynamo Kiev are all in the last 8 of the cup. If they win the cup and finish in the top 3 then 4th place may be enough to guarantee European football.

It would probably be a season too soon for the squad and would mean adding more quality than we had planned to in the Summer but we will see.

We resisted the urge to sign anyone during the mid-season transfer window. We had a bit of a scare when a team triggered Boyano’s release clause. His stats aren’t great but he has been a real warrior for us in DM alongside Cellini. Thankfully he accepted our new contract offer and chose to stay.

Our form lately has been a bit hit and miss though:

View attachment 232369

View attachment 232373

The goals have dried up and Ágata is on a real dry patch. We won our last game 1-0 against Ferencvaros but it took a brilliant strike from Cellini to win it for us, before and after that we didn’t really create too much.

Next up we have back to back games against Shakhtar and Olympiakos, results that will probably go some way in defining whether or not we have a decent chance to qualifying for Europe next season.
Are you sure about the European regulations? IIRC it's 2 CL + 3 EL for PEU League, the 1 of 3 EL being the Cup winner.

Meaning that , of Cup winner isn't one of top 4 teams, even the 5th doesn't get a spot in EL.

Are you sure about the European regulations? IIRC it's 2 CL + 3 EL for PEU League, the 1 of 3 EL being the Cup winner.

Meaning that , of Cup winner isn't one of top 4 teams, even the 5th doesn't get a spot in EL.

I might have that wrong possibly - I was reading the eligibility before and that was how I interpreted it.

I’ll check again later and see 👍🏻

First Europa League game
Vitesse Arnhem at home.
1 and 2-0 after just 25 mins, then Vitesse struck back when i got too cocky and made it 2.2
2nd half and i started to find my way through them and finally beat them 5-2
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 02-09-2023 00_57_48.png

My thoughts after having two blowout wins were "is this too easy"?
Well then i went to Camp Nou and Barcelona...
1-0 me after 3 mins, will this be too easy?
Not really..
Barcelona scored both 1-1 and 2-1 withing 10 mins, plus i had a sending off right after that.
Then attack after attack by Barca, they pretty much scored on every occassion.
David Villa scored 5 goals in this game.
ive never been beaten this badly in a Pes game, never ever.
I wasnt even pissed off, more impressed tbh by the cpu.
well the final score below (WARNING STRONG CONTENT)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 02-09-2023 00_56_17.pngI managed to score two more goals, but with 10 men, a complete fucking nightmare

First Europa League game
Vitesse Arnhem at home.
1 and 2-0 after just 25 mins, then Vitesse struck back when i got too cocky and made it 2.2
2nd half and i started to find my way through them and finally beat them 5-2
View attachment 232493

My thoughts after having two blowout wins were "is this too easy"?
Well then i went to Camp Nou and Barcelona...
1-0 me after 3 mins, will this be too easy?
Not really..
Barcelona scored both 1-1 and 2-1 withing 10 mins, plus i had a sending off right after that.
Then attack after attack by Barca, they pretty much scored on every occassion.
David Villa scored 5 goals in this game.
ive never been beaten this badly in a Pes game, never ever.
I wasnt even pissed off, more impressed tbh by the cpu.
well the final score below (WARNING STRONG CONTENT)
View attachment 232494I managed to score two more goals, but with 10 men, a complete fucking nightmare
Barca with only 41% possession, the main problem with PES 2013

A stinker vs Osasuna at away, 3-3
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 02-09-2023 15_24_11.png
Followed by a loss to Fulham 2-1 away in The EL
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 02-09-2023 15_29_25.png

Still having high hopes for the last 32 in this competition
Just need to win my home games. and sneak in a draw somewhere.
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 02-09-2023 15_28_48.png

Then i had Real Betis at home, a great game, kept swithing tactics constanly to not let them score any comeback goals on me, though they applied pressure on me at times i managed to win 2-0
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 02-09-2023 16_03_57.png

Last of my run of games, 4 with in 10 days was a 2md leg of Copa del Rey where my bench got 90 mins and secured a win over Guadalajara

Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 02-09-2023 16_07_35.png

Almost gave up on PES 2013 after a string of bad games, lots of comeback goals from the cpu where your defenders just lets them pass by, cant be stopped.
So i decided to change it up TP PA0 10 min (will do 15 later on) and -2 game speed.
Game plays so good, cpu feels non cheaty, a bit sluggish but still so good.
Had a great 3-0 win away vs Valencia that was amazing.
Hope it stays this way, and if cant see myself playing any other PES atm

Hey people! I registered a long time ago, but never came here to post! Millossobek's stories thread inspired me to. I'm sharing a PES2013 story with Independiente, my childhood club, in another couple of forums. Can I do it here as well?

Coming to the closing stages of the opening season and we have suffered a dip in form, more by design than by accident…

I was getting a bit concerned at how easily we were creeping up the table with such a poor squad. I really want this to be a long term save so that I can slowly progress the team and build it up over a number of seasons.

As a result I decided to make the switch back to full manual, I was previously PA1 with manual shooting but I have moved the passing to manual now too. It has really opened the game up in terms of realism and has ramped the difficult up a notch too. More importantly, I think it has really helped give some personality to the teams in the league.

I can really tell the difference when I’m playing against a 3 star team where I can still dominate possession and carve out enough chances to at least try and score. On the other hand, coming up against the stronger sides in the league you really have to think about your passes and positioning, plus take your chances when they come.

I won my first two games against Hapoel Be’er Sheva and Panathinaikos - But then we faced a few difficult opponents:

IMG_1503.jpeg

The Kiev game was ruthless and could have been about 5-0 to them. We hung on but we just couldn’t string any momentum together.

The Red Star and Dínamo games were much closer. We should have probably won against Red Star but conceded a brilliant counter attack goal, we just didn’t take our chances. We had some great chances to equalise against Zagreb too but couldn’t quite score, a draw would have probably been a fair result.

It leaves the league table looking like this with just 6 games to go:

IMG_1502.jpeg

We should have probably done enough to secure a top 7 finish but we will need to pick up form again quickly.

We already have a few players earmarked for summer transfers through the scouts. The plan will be for a gradual rebuild rather than just signing several players to bump up the quality, plus we still only have a small budget so money will be a factor.

Looking forward to a bit of fun in the last few games as I get used to the full manual controls again, hopefully with better players next season it will be a bit easier too.

I should have the end of season update within the next few days…

Coming to the closing stages of the opening season and we have suffered a dip in form, more by design than by accident…

I was getting a bit concerned at how easily we were creeping up the table with such a poor squad. I really want this to be a long term save so that I can slowly progress the team and build it up over a number of seasons.

As a result I decided to make the switch back to full manual, I was previously PA1 with manual shooting but I have moved the passing to manual now too. It has really opened the game up in terms of realism and has ramped the difficult up a notch too. More importantly, I think it has really helped give some personality to the teams in the league.

I can really tell the difference when I’m playing against a 3 star team where I can still dominate possession and carve out enough chances to at least try and score. On the other hand, coming up against the stronger sides in the league you really have to think about your passes and positioning, plus take your chances when they come.

I won my first two games against Hapoel Be’er Sheva and Panathinaikos - But then we faced a few difficult opponents:

View attachment 232976

The Kiev game was ruthless and could have been about 5-0 to them. We hung on but we just couldn’t string any momentum together.

The Red Star and Dínamo games were much closer. We should have probably won against Red Star but conceded a brilliant counter attack goal, we just didn’t take our chances. We had some great chances to equalise against Zagreb too but couldn’t quite score, a draw would have probably been a fair result.

It leaves the league table looking like this with just 6 games to go:

View attachment 232977

We should have probably done enough to secure a top 7 finish but we will need to pick up form again quickly.

We already have a few players earmarked for summer transfers through the scouts. The plan will be for a gradual rebuild rather than just signing several players to bump up the quality, plus we still only have a small budget so money will be a factor.

Looking forward to a bit of fun in the last few games as I get used to the full manual controls again, hopefully with better players next season it will be a bit easier too.

I should have the end of season update within the next few days…
If your league was a EL/conference league group, those away trips would be a wet dream for me.

Back
Top Bottom