The Master League adventures thread

@slamsoze Nice writeup. :) I've tried so many things to make the keepers better.. but one thing you can try is this method, that way your salaries in ML won't go up.. It is still a struggle for me to figure out how to improve this aspect of the game, but I am determined to eventually find out a way, haha..

Yes I've read the method of yours. I find it interesting about increasing the stats globally, i can really ignore the increase in salary .

Bare in mind, I've survived a ML save on 2011 IIRC, bigger than 10 seasons, where for the first 7 seasons, 3 of the 10 best players in the whole ML database were GKs, Neuer, Valdes and another guy i forget now

Also you , everyone Offensive GK, seems to do some trick, as it increases GKs rushing out, so they cover their weakness, standing unable the catch a shoot, when they're in their line.

But to be honest, some flaws will still exist, and it needs a lot of work, that i am too old and too lazy to do. 😜

Also you , everyone Offensive GK, seems to do some trick, as it increases GKs rushing out, so they cover their weakness, standing unable the catch a shoot, when they're in their line.
I've been looking for a PES 2016 editor which changes Playing Styles. The one I use changes stats globally but not playing styles.. And doing it manually takes a loooot of time... I've also heard about the offensive GK which you mention, changing the styles of the GK's. They don't need to be perfect, but at least good enough to be playable. :) I think Form 8 can help..

Actually the reason why I'd like to play 2016 honestly, is because it has Copa Sudamericana.. But in reaility, I really like PES 2017's gameplay much better, which I coincidentally think is one of the best in the whole series. :)

Last edited:
I wrapped up my 4th season on WE10. I’ll had to clinch the league title and attempt to get Ronaldinho the Golden Boot. It went to the wire!

This might be the end of the series. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed it. It is the first time I’ve properly played through a PS2 era ML since the PS2 days. I relearned so much as well as discovering things for the first time. For example, I’m sure I never knew you could focus specific player development in the off season. I reckon I just blazed through this back in the day and only focussed on transfers.

This might be the end of the series. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed it. It is the first time I’ve properly played through a PS2 era ML since the PS2 days. I relearned so much as well as discovering things for the first time. For example, I’m sure I never knew you could focus specific player development in the off season. I reckon I just blazed through this back in the day and only focussed on transfers.
IIRC PES5/WE9 has a more detailed Summer camp style, where you can make several training drills, to focus on specific stats.

Of course, if someone is a TRUE OG ML player, everything we care in off-season is, play all friendlies, till the last one, in order to avoid bankruptcy in the last day and avoid GAME OVER 😂 😜

Does anyone else get attached to players who you know are shit, but have been with you from the start and you just can't replace them?

In my Malaga save I've got a chap at the back called Juande Rivas. He's now my captain but has just peaked at 74 overall after growing over recent games.

He's only about 24 or 25 but I know if I want to push for Europe I probably need better, but I just can't bring myself to replace him. He's made 124 appearances so far in 3 1/2 seasons and I know I'll stick with him no matter what.

To be fair, he does what I need him to do. I've signed Jorge Cuenca to play beside him and he looks like he will push upper 70's in rating, so it kind of makes up for it.

@abcdefg1 Absolutely. Pretty much all of my Master League stories have players that I really grow attached to, but aren't necessarily the highest rated. In fact, when I was playing with Reggina in PES 2017, I grew really attached to Gianluca Lapadula, despite the fact that he decreased his stats from 75 to 70 overall while I was playing with him, then again, the entire story was centered around him. There are other players too that I grow really fond of and refuse to let go for emotional reasons.. I think that's the entire point of the ML in terms of storytelling. :)

I love scouting players, as I find so many that do exactly what I want in a certain position but their overall is lower due to the stats spread.

For instance, when looking for a CDM, I will always try and find someone with 75+ in short passing, stamina, physical contact and defensive awareness. He doesn't need to be able to shoot, have loads of pace etc... as his job is to sit there and break up play.

I think that's why I end up attached to lower rated players. Anyone can go and sign a team of 80+ rated but finding them 2 or 3 lower rated players but who do the job perfect is so much more satisfying.

I was struggling to score goals on my ML. Dzeko just didn't fit how I play. So using the above method, I narrowed down the search and finally settled on Danilo from Twente. He's lower overall than Dzeko but has already scored more goals in half a season than Dzeko did in a whole one. His movement is brilliant and playing FUMA, some of the balls Andre Horta is playing him are a joy.

I'm into my 4th season now. Finished 9th in my first one in La Liga. Cracking that top 7 is tough, I'm currently about 11th, 5 points off it coming to the Christmas period. Aim is to try and get Europa but my TS took a slight hit with the addition of 3 new players who all start (Jorge Cuenca, Gustavo Assuncao & Danilo). Went from 95 to 88 but going back up.

Hoping a strong 2nd half of the season will see us mount a challenge for 6th.

For instance, when looking for a CDM, I will always try and find someone with 75+ in short passing, stamina, physical contact and defensive awareness. He doesn't need to be able to shoot, have loads of pace etc... as his job is to sit there and break up play.
Same here. I usually like to play either 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-2 (diamond or classic). In all of these formations, a strong CDM is required to break up play. I also play him with "defensive" instruction in PES 2017-21 campaigns, so that he doesn't push up and rather stays back covering defensive spaces.. A very skillful CDM is really important!

Good luck on your second half of the season!! :TU:

Agree. The defensive system is so satisfying - it's so easy to concede if you don't concentrate, but unlike FIFA's version of the same thing, the defender/attacker balancing is much closer (so you can't just slalom through defenders like they're not even there).

The Player Career mode I've got going in PES 2013 at the minute is so satisfying - it's Dark-Souls-esque, gruelling, and for sure it wouldn't be for everyone. But I'm loving it (when I get time to play it).

You start off as an OVR 55-60 (which is tough on any difficulty) at a random team in your region of choice (Europe, South America or Asia - I got put at Vitesse). After a couple of games I'd received literally about four passes - and then...

...there was a cutscene of the captain putting his arm around me in the dressing room and saying "you've got to settle in before we know what runs you make and you know what runs we make". How cool is that? A little reminder that you're just a kid, and a gameplay hint too.

I'm only getting started for "the reserves" (really they're just regular friendly matches). But you can see and FEEL the difference when you make more sensible, less "schoolboy who wants to score all the time" forward runs - you get the ball more, you get higher ratings, and you earn more trust.

But here's something I truly love... You have an agent, with various attributes. Reputation, negotiation skill, their "connections"... and your salary is almost entirely for agent fees.

You can only afford the basic agent in your initial season. I asked him to find me a regular starting role at an English Championship club. He went away for a week, then came back and said "nobody will answer the phone to me". :LOL:

So here I am, absolutely invested in a game - when I've played barely any "real" first-team games (only a cup match or two, and a league match against the bottom side, as a second-half substitute).

It's amazing just how rewarding it feels to have to work for every pass you receive, let alone every minute you play - rather than the current Player Career modes where you're treated as a superstar (and passed the ball at every opportunity) from your first time on the pitch.
The above post is from a different thread, but this is the right thread for this follow-up, so... Prepared to be confused, everybody in here. :D

Just a little follow-up on the above (TL: DR; I started a PES 2013 "Become a Legend" save).

I've rarely been interested in making a "My ML/BAL Career" series of posts, because I've barely got time to play the game - let alone write pages of content about it. In-fact, the last time I posted in here about a save was 2019... ("Hi again everyone, my name's Chris and I've relapsed...")

So, in my PES 2013 BAL... After giving Vitesse a year of my life, they palmed me off at the end of the season after only being played in four first-team matches (excluding the friendlies). I was really hoping to at least stay in the Eredivisie for a few seasons, but it wasn't to be.

It's genuinely changed my perspective on footballers a little (which, even if I'm talking about virtual ones, is a fairly powerful achievement). It's made me think of all the times I've bought players in Football Manager with the intention to stick them in the reserves forever. For the first time, I'm considering what their existence must be like (I mean, if that was really happening to the real people, obviously).

If you're giving your all in every reserve game, desperately trying to get the manager's attention, and you get nowhere from it... It's soul-destroying. Totally engaging, as you try your absolute best to achieve something notable in every moment of every match, but soul-destroying. (Stating the obvious maybe, but I've never really experienced the "feeling" in some form.)

1. FC Nürnberg have picked me up, and I've got to try again. What's really interesting is that they essentially play a line of four AMs (I'm an attacking midfielder), so I've got more opportunities, but also, the matches have a different feel to them. It's much less possession-based and much more direct, which really helps bring my game to the fore.

It feels like a good fit, but only time will tell. Anyway, my point is... Give PES 2013's Become a Legend mode a go, if you think you can stomach the minimal match-time and hours of grinding at the start.

I managed to sneak into the Europa League by finishing 6th in season 4.

That season included a great 10 game run without a defeat, the highlight a 1-0 win v Barca, my 1st against any of the big '3' Spanish sides.

Danilo up top helped a lot, 15 goals he got, finished joint top League scorer with Icardi (Who is back at Barca).

Made some summer signings to really strengthen the core of the side. David Carmo came in at the back to play alongside Rivas, Matheus França in at CAM and signed a back-up striker called Pucheta.

I've played about 12 games in season 5. Currently in the top 4. Valencia are top, they are smashing everyone.

Europa League, I've drawn 3 games and won 1. In a group with Nordeslland (or whatever they are called), Krasnodar and Fenerbahce. I tend to rotate the side for these games and it takes TS down to about 87 from 96, so notice a difference.

Matheus França has been a hell of a signing. I think I edited him in with a load of other South American prospects. His dribbling, balance and close control are mental, I've had 3 pens awarded so far in this season and all due to him being chopped down.

I have Juande Rivas, Ismael Casas & Ramon Enriquez all now with over 150 apps for Malaga. David Larrubia, Aaron Martin & Adrian (though he's 37 now) all not far off that milestone as well.

Line-up is now...

Adrian, Casas, Rivas, Carmo, Martin, Assuncao, Horta, Franca, Collado, Larrubia, Danilo.

Subs - Arnau Ternas (spelling?), Cuenca, Albiol (Regen), Hugo Mallo (Regen), Terzic, Luis Munoz, Jaime, Diaz, Enriquez, Vierarinha (Regen), Melendo, Pucheta.

Think I need another back up on the flanks come January. Collado & Melendo rotate but I'm not enjoying using Vierarinha much going forward. I keep using him as a full-back when he does play, so hoping he might adapt to take over from Aaron Martin in 1 or 2 years time.

Loving this save, though I had to ditch my possession based tika-taka, as we just weren't scoring enough goals. I've also noticed teams will now go defensive against me - before most would go attacking. Even the 'better' sides like Betis etc... will come and sit in.

Aim, after the start we made, has to be top 4. Real Madrid seem to be the big hitter struggling, though they are 5th, losing games you'd not expect. Also, spare a thought for Levante, bottom of the League, they've lost every game so far 😂😂

Hoping to go far in Europe but Man City are in the Europa League somehow. I'd love to get drawn against them in the knockouts and go to the emptihad all guns blazing. We will see.

Time for the fast recap of 2021. 4 seasons in this save total, 2 in Extremadura, 1st time in Spanish Primera Division. For a previous recap of the roster set up only, i had this post during March of 2023 :P

https://evoweb.uk/threads/the-master-league-adventures-thread.75473/post-3930559

The squad got a massive revamp, in order to survive the Top Flight boys. Ιt looks like this:
rost1.jpgροστ2.jpg

The spots that are "reserved" are , the 2 wingers Isaac Lihadji and Antoñín, the No10 our Capitano David Silva, the DMF regen Vicente Gomez, the 2 SBs, Hector Hernandez and Juanfran both regens, Tiago Djalo as the 1 Tower in CBs and the GK Adán (regen) who is unstable and stays until he pisses me enough.

The spots that vary from match to match, and searching for their permanent holders are: CF, CMF, and and the Other CB.

As for striker chances are shared between Fameyeh, previous season hero, and the regen that has the potential, but not the stats for the moment, Santi Trellez.

CMFs for the moment are Ramires (the famous one) regen and Daniel Giraldo regen, the Colombian all-around tool from Santa Fe, able to cover the RB, RMF and DMF positions if needed.

For the other CB, playtime is shared among the veteran 40yo Thiago Silva and some regen guys from the academy

Adan in GK position, in the one match he can look like Prime Buffon, and next match he looks like Jens Lehman in a bad day.

Finally, special credit to Iago Aspas, Sergio Canales and Mata, all veterans, all as subs due to their teamrole, they will replace David Silva, in the matches that he is fatigued.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Season 2023-2024 in Primera, started with 2 very strong opponents, Atletico Madrid of the Big 3, and Real Betis, always a tough opponent.

We lost 1-3 to Atletico, despite taking the early lead.

----------

Against Betis, visiting Benito Villamarin, we did escape with the 0-1 win, Capitano David Silva, got us the +3pts in 51', with a lond ranger! Just for the future reference, Real Betis somehow, were almost relegated most of the season, they got away the relegation, in the last turns of the season. The same for Bilbao IIRC.

---------

Next match, jumping forward, the battle of Mestalla, Matchday.4, Valencia-Extremadura UD. The conquest was greater than expected!!!

1-3. The took the lead with 1-0 in 15', and then we came back! Santi Trellez, Canales and Francesco Totti (regen) :BY:

---

Last edited:
Going on Matchday.6

Athletic Club Bilbao 0 - 3 Extremadura UD
[ Scorers: Trellez 40', Lihadji 54', Antonin 70' ]

Another castle has fallen, unexpected performance in San Mames. As i said in previus post, Bilbao in this season is fighting to avoid relegation for some reason.

--------------------------------------

Matchday.9

Extremadura UD 2 - 1 CF Villarreal
Scorers: Fei Nanduo 33', Totti 73' - Manu Trigueros 90+1'

Fernandinho with the chinese citizenship, renamed Fei Nanduo opened the score. Most of the match was chess management.

Also forgot to mention my most decent regen player, Jesus Navas, with the best speed-acceleration stats, and the most fitting dribbling style. Trying to give emphasis on his attacking stats, cause for the last years of his career, he used to play as SB, so he is regened as a SB. I must bring him back to his SMF-WF days.

------------------------------------------

Matchday.14
Estadio: Camp Nou
Barcelona FC 1 - 1 Extremadura UD
Scorers: Kylian Mbappé 80' - Fei Nanduo 48'

I've done spoilers in the past, we were holding our fate to our hands, but then shite happens, and Barcelona leveled the score.
Always love the games at Camp Nou, due to the special coverage, cause of the partnership between PES and FCB. I wish more teams could have that treatment, entrance, anthem, anthem and stadium exterior view in the end, everything brilliant.

Here's the equalising goal by Mbappe. Whatever could go wrong and against me, did go wrong :SHOCK:

The FORMATIONS

Untitled.jpg

The full match.

The LaLiga table, after 14 matches played. We are in the top flight, much more better than expected, but as we know from the past, the Big 3 Boys of Spain, Real, Barcelona and Atletico Madrid will not spare any points.

laliga1.jpg

Last edited:
Final post for today, to conclude the First round.

Matchday.15

Extremadura 1 - 2 Celta Vigo

The beginning of our downfall, a defeat in our homeground, as we were chasing the Top-3 boys.

------------------------

Matchday.16

Another mission impossible. Visiting Estadio Santiago Bernabeu, we escaped with a draw. This team Real Madrid, every time we face them...They look like a mountain. A lot of pressure, rock solid defense, very difficult times.

Real Mardid 1 - 1 Extremadura UD
scorers: F. Valverde 62' - Antonin 83'

---------------------------------

Matchday.17
Extremadura UD 1 - 1 Deportivo Alaves

Another painfull draw in our homeground, keeping us behind the teams we are chasing. :CONF:Keep in mind that the winter transfers windows is coming, so another period of agony is coming in the future. :SHOCK::CONF::APPLAUD::P:SMUG:

-----------

Matchday.18
CA Osasuna 1 - 2 Extremadura UD

A miracle goal by Iago Aspas was needed in minute 90+3'!!!!! , in order to stay alive!!! :THINK:
----------------

And for the final match of the 1st Round.

Matchday.19

Eibar 0 - 1 Extremadura
scorer: Antonin 32'

A controlled match, need to play more mentaly than physically in this match, in order to not collapse,, after the latest bad results.

Last 3 matchdays video

-------------------------------------------------------

The LaLiga table after 19 matches.

laliga2.jpg

Conclusions: We are 3rd in the Primera Diviosion, below Atletico and Barcelona, and over Real Madrid. Went better then expected, as our first plan was to "avoid relegation early, and establish a European point-blank position, mostly for Europa League.

Not the question is: Could we be higher in the League? Answer is, YES. But...The real deal is: Should we be higher in the League? Obviously NOT... It's our first time in the top division of the Spanish Pyramid, so a mid-table position would be the realistic expectation.

For the future... Since we are playing against the Big-Boyz now, we must do some transfers, in order to compete to the highest level, since our performance and "destiny" brought us here. We need some better wingers, and for sure a Striker with a Killer Instict, with a decent scroning percentage. Trellez is good but very young and inexprerienced, since he is a regen, and Fameyeh is too old, and more of the finished article, developing-wise. He was awesome for Segunda, but now we need some Top Flight Striker, to keep battling for the top.

More on that latter. ;))

1687109905803.png

@slamsoze Holy of holies! Now you have a young Totti! LOL that's so awesome!! :LMAO: Definitely a competition is going to ensue between him and your Captain Silva for the coveted #10 shirt!! I am usually not a fan of regens but in this case, having a young legend like Totti I think is going to add a lot to your save and give Los Gokus even more personality. :) I think you should also focus on WHERE you are, instead of where you COULD be! Even with legends such as David Silva, Thiago Silva etc., you have overachieved and being third behind Atlético and Barca is a HUGE accomplishment. You are right in Champions League territory, and why not battle for the title. CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR WHO YOUR NEXT TRANSFERS ARE GOING TO BE, my friend!!!!!! Vamos Los Gokus!!!!!

Last edited:
View attachment 220827

@slamsoze Holy of holies! Now you have a young Totti! LOL that's so awesome!! :LMAO: Definitely a competition is going to ensue between him and your Captain Silva for the coveted #10 shirt!! I am usually not a fan of regens but in this case, having a young legend like Totti I think is going to add a lot to your save and give Los Gokus even more personality. :) I think you should also focus on WHERE you are, instead of where you COULD be! Even with legends such as David Silva, Thiago Silva etc., you have overachieved and being third behind Atlético and Barca is a HUGE accomplishment. You are right in Champions League territory, and why not battle for the title. CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR WHO YOUR NEXT TRANSFERS ARE GOING TO BE, my friend!!!!!! Vamos Los Gokus!!!!!
Hey mate. Yes Totti is an interesting experiment, from the new era of Legends i am rebuilding, with their real life age and realistic stats.

In this case, Totti started the ML, in a fictional italian team in Serie B, aged 44 when starting the ML.

I was very happy, cause due to my new formula i am using to calculate retired players, the results were very realistic. Totti kept all his special skills and was regenerated as an OPR of 66, which is always my main focus, to have a realistic last couple of seasons and a realistic regen with potential, without being called in National Team in his late 40's.

Here is his stats and hexagon. Most of my regens have this "realistic" regen feeling, and it was a reward for me, cause was i was recreating retired legends with realistic stats, since PES 2011, and only after PES 2019 , i found a formula that does work decently for a ML.

FqDZJLYWIAE-h4I

@millossobek and here is Arteta. You can check his stats in 01:29.
Took his stats from PES 2017 and adjusted them, as 4 years in Master League have past. :)
OPR 74, and real life age, as of August of 2020, 38 years old.

For reference, in PES 2017 he was 34 years old with 77 OPR.

@slamsoze wow bro, you actually created a formula for realistic growth patterns for regens? That is a great modification, one issue I always had with regens were their inflated growth patterns, but for example, having Totti at 66 at age 17 is very realistic! I am currently playing with the "no regens mod", but once I start a new ML (probably in 2017, 18, or 19), I'll consider playing with regens now that you have a new recalculated formula!

My take on regens (I actually used a couple of them for PES 2017 Reggina) is actually very simple: He can't have the face of a 40 year old player. :LOL: The cool thing is, if you take a look at Totti's face in your save, he does look "flexible age" meaning that he looks young, and as time goes by it works for his entire career! A small thing I know, haha but it's something that I try to follow! :)

@slamsoze wow bro, you actually created a formula for realistic growth patterns for regens? That is a great modification, one issue I always had with regens were their inflated growth patterns, but for example, having Totti at 66 at age 17 is very realistic! I am currently playing with the "no regens mod", but once I start a new ML (probably in 2017, 18, or 19), I'll consider playing with regens now that you have a new recalculated formula!

My take on regens (I actually used a couple of them for PES 2017 Reggina) is actually very simple: He can't have the face of a 40 year old player. :LOL: The cool thing is, if you take a look at Totti's face in your save, he does look "flexible age" meaning that he looks young, and as time goes by it works for his entire career! A small thing I know, haha but it's something that I try to follow! :)
Correct, the problem is, my "formula" is trial and error based. I would prefer a tool that i could paste his PESMaSter link, or an excel sheet, that would do all the job automatically, cause i am also a lazy oldfart 😜.

Cause Master league has a specific way that stats decline, speed stats drop faster for example.

As for the face, when it is created in edit mode, like here it's flexible, the problem is woth scanned faces.

Also i would like to be able to edit the development curve of the player, like the old games, cause for example now Totti is stuck to below 70s until his 24 yo.

As for your initial question, and given his current stats and potential, he is for now the 5th option, behind Silva, Aspas, Canales, Mata.

It doesn't help that he is too slow, so he can practically play only as AMF and maybe CF in extreme circumstances.

Also there is something else i can't figure out about ML. Jesus Navas regen , popped in the youth academy with very high Speed Stats, and an OPR of 70+. I haven't figured out how ML tends to keep high some stats in regens. I am suspicious ot had to do with registered position, but still investigating. 😎

Also there is something else i can't figure out about ML. Jesus Navas regen , popped in the youth academy with very high Speed Stats, and an OPR of 70+. I haven't figured out how ML tends to keep high some stats in regens. I am suspicious ot had to do with registered position, but still investigating. 😎
I wonder this too bro.. It would be great if one could edit growth patterns as well (like Late-Lasting, etc. in the classic games).. Maybe the game itself takes the "maximum overall ability" of the regen player in his prime and creates a growth pattern based on that? I don't think it would be completely random.. For example Totti, I think he reached his prime late in his career, so that would explain why at 17 he is still low-rated and it would take him a while to develop and probably reach his peak in his late 20's-perhaps even early 30's.. Just a thought. ;)

So, I managed to qualify out my Europa League group. As I mentioned before, Man City were in the same comp and guess who I get drawn against in the knockout round 😂😂

1st leg ended in a 1-1 draw at my ground.

2nd leg was a chaos. Both teams attacking, it was like a basketball game. I missed 3 or 4 good chances, then with 42 mins played Bustos rolled my defence and curled them ahead.

I went straight down the other end and Melendo levelled instantly.

2nd half continued with chance after chance for both teams but we headed into ET.

By this time Man City had gone full out attack. I broke from one of their corners and found myself clean through on goal from the halfway line. I had almost too much time to think and with their 'keeper haring out his box, I tried to lob him and put it wide 😬

City then got the winner. Ruben Dias had been pushed up front and he sold my defender a dummy, after I slid to anticipate a shot, and tucked it in. We still fashioned one glorious chance, a free kick whipped in dropped to Jaime about 8 yards out but I thumped it straight against the 'keeper.

No shame in going out but would have been nice to not get such a strong side in the 1st knockout round! Gave it a go though and we went toe to toe with them, so bodes well for future European exploits.

In the League, I'm now into February of the 5th season. After such a great start, we tailed off a bit, player form and injuries taking their toll. We are sat 5th, level on points with 4th placed Valencia - 55 - with Sevilla 3 points back, so a 3 way battle for the Champions League spot.

Valencia are only there due to Gomez up top, he's banged in 23 goals!!

Aim is to finish 4th now. If I do, I have some hard decisions to make on a few players who have been with me the entire journey. They are starting to decline in key stats and will possibly need replacing.

I also need to see about the defence. Juande Rivas, 74 overall now, is my captain and with over 160 apps is going nowhere. He's rock solid despite a lower overall than some. David Carmo who usually partners him has been very hit and miss. His lack of form coincided with a poor run of results. He was out of position all the time, 1 game I even subbed him off at HT as he was useless. He's been better in recent games but it's a worry if he's going to have spells like that.

Matheus França continues to impress but he's picking up a lot of injuries. Only a week or 2 at the time but it's still a bit annoying. Danilo up top has been the main man again, 13 goals so far this season.

Elsewhere in the save, the battle for the Prem is crazy. 6 teams all within 4 points of the top. All the usual suspects but chuck in Wolves who are currently 2nd and have been top a few times I've glanced at the table. Fiorentina were ripping Serie A apart, 8 points clear at one point but must have not won for about 2 months as they've dropped to 5th!!

Mbappe is the best player in the world, 95 overall, scoring 30+ goals every season in the French Farmers League 😂Interesting to see before I started the ML that I did a lot of editing, improving some players stats to bring it up in line with real life. Bellingham is 90 overall now and a few other younger players who were improved are hitting the upper 80s.

Should get this season finished over the weekend. I'll try and get some screenshots of a few bits to put on here.

So, I managed to qualify out my Europa League group. As I mentioned before, Man City were in the same comp and guess who I get drawn against in the knockout round 😂😂

1st leg ended in a 1-1 draw at my ground.

2nd leg was a chaos. Both teams attacking, it was like a basketball game. I missed 3 or 4 good chances, then with 42 mins played Bustos rolled my defence and curled them ahead.

I went straight down the other end and Melendo levelled instantly.

2nd half continued with chance after chance for both teams but we headed into ET.

By this time Man City had gone full out attack. I broke from one of their corners and found myself clean through on goal from the halfway line. I had almost too much time to think and with their 'keeper haring out his box, I tried to lob him and put it wide 😬

City then got the winner. Ruben Dias had been pushed up front and he sold my defender a dummy, after I slid to anticipate a shot, and tucked it in. We still fashioned one glorious chance, a free kick whipped in dropped to Jaime about 8 yards out but I thumped it straight against the 'keeper.

No shame in going out but would have been nice to not get such a strong side in the 1st knockout round! Gave it a go though and we went toe to toe with them, so bodes well for future European exploits.

In the League, I'm now into February of the 5th season. After such a great start, we tailed off a bit, player form and injuries taking their toll. We are sat 5th, level on points with 4th placed Valencia - 55 - with Sevilla 3 points back, so a 3 way battle for the Champions League spot.

Valencia are only there due to Gomez up top, he's banged in 23 goals!!

Aim is to finish 4th now. If I do, I have some hard decisions to make on a few players who have been with me the entire journey. They are starting to decline in key stats and will possibly need replacing.

I also need to see about the defence. Juande Rivas, 74 overall now, is my captain and with over 160 apps is going nowhere. He's rock solid despite a lower overall than some. David Carmo who usually partners him has been very hit and miss. His lack of form coincided with a poor run of results. He was out of position all the time, 1 game I even subbed him off at HT as he was useless. He's been better in recent games but it's a worry if he's going to have spells like that.

Matheus França continues to impress but he's picking up a lot of injuries. Only a week or 2 at the time but it's still a bit annoying. Danilo up top has been the main man again, 13 goals so far this season.

Elsewhere in the save, the battle for the Prem is crazy. 6 teams all within 4 points of the top. All the usual suspects but chuck in Wolves who are currently 2nd and have been top a few times I've glanced at the table. Fiorentina were ripping Serie A apart, 8 points clear at one point but must have not won for about 2 months as they've dropped to 5th!!

Mbappe is the best player in the world, 95 overall, scoring 30+ goals every season in the French Farmers League 😂Interesting to see before I started the ML that I did a lot of editing, improving some players stats to bring it up in line with real life. Bellingham is 90 overall now and a few other younger players who were improved are hitting the upper 80s.

Should get this season finished over the weekend. I'll try and get some screenshots of a few bits to put on here.
Very thrilling match against City must it was.

I have the same issue with the mid-young CBs. Those that start the ML as 21-23 years old, and have an OPR of 77-82 in their early 20's yo. They are all inconsistent, hit-and-miss, and being usually the weakest link in my defense line, having taked the wrong positioning, or missed some easy header clearence, while they are all over 1,89m tall and with great heading and jumping stats. I do not know what to say, it is really a mistery.

My low rated CBs, my regens, my veterans like Thiago Silva, do perform much better, despite the inferior stats. I pretend it's something TS related, and give them time to set up, but it's really strange.

My current CB, Tiago Djalo, is in this catergory, of underperforfing , high rated young CBs, and the list gets bigger. V. Karpov, Cacá ex-Cruezeiro, Pongracic (a little bit better than the rest), J. Šutalo, N. Chernov, Kanu of Botafogo, Robson Bambu and the list goes on and on.

Hey guys! Wanted to ask about ML position training. Are there any advantages of Defensive Goalkeeper vs Offensive Goalkeeper?

I've read around the forum that Offensive makes for a more dynamic goalie, rushes out to meet the forwards, and overall reduces attacking space much better. But I think there must be some advantages of having a Defensive styled one. For example, perhaps he stays on the line more and thus is not beaten by the other team in runs or dribbles? The reason why I'm asking is because in my Estrela Azul Paulista save, I am thinking about training my Defensive Goalkeeper and turning him into an Offensive one, as several people have told me that Offensive makes for an overall better keeper. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance. :TU:

Maybe @slamsoze knows something about this. :)

Hey guys! Wanted to ask about ML position training. Are there any advantages of Defensive Goalkeeper vs Offensive Goalkeeper?

I've read around the forum that Offensive makes for a more dynamic goalie, rushes out to meet the forwards, and overall reduces attacking space much better. But I think there must be some advantages of having a Defensive styled one. For example, perhaps he stays on the line more and thus is not beaten by the other team in runs or dribbles? The reason why I'm asking is because in my Estrela Azul Paulista save, I am thinking about training my Defensive Goalkeeper and turning him into an Offensive one, as several people have told me that Offensive makes for an overall better keeper. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance. :TU:

Maybe @slamsoze knows something about this. :)
Unfortunatelly, the DEFENSIVE GK is broken, at least after PES 2019, maybe earlier IIRC. I would say, stay with Offensive GK and never look back.

Given that AI has a high freequency in a type of goals they score, it's better to have a GK that will rush out and fight your chances. Either way, even if he stays in the line, the AI will smash some corner with a shoot, so it's not so much effective.

Sometimes when i have 4 GK in the roster, due to bad management, i may have 1 with the Def-GK playstyle, just for the diversity, but i general i go with Offensive GK to every keeper.

Just think about, in a period of 5 matches, how many times you will concead by a shot smashed in your goalpost corner, high or low, and how many times, the opponent striker will go 1-on-1 with your keeper. In my playsession, i would be very generous to say that, only 1 time in 5 matches, i will be betrayed by a bad rush-out, maybe one time, while being scored, cause my GK stayed at line, may be once per match.

Of course it depends on the goal types you concead. Maybe in your gameplay experience, CPU playstyle, your playstyle, tactics , etc, you notice the opposite from what i say.

This is just what i've noticed the last 4-5 years. In the older PES i used to always have 2 OFF GKs, and 1 DF Keeper.

I always train my GKs to be offensive. Solely for the fact they will come off their line quicker.

The further I have gone into my ML the more I realise what an impact some player roles have.

I have my DM set to anchor. This is because I play fluid tactics and when I'm in possession I push both full backs right up the wings. So my formation basically becomes 2-1-4-3. Having the DM as anchor means he sits between the 2 CBs and offers more cover.

I have to load all my training points into stamina for my FBs though or they are dead by HT!!

1687499867906.png

@slamsoze @abcdefg1 Thanks guys! I've set my goalkeeper training to Offensive immediately! S. GOUVEA. He has a bright future ahead of him, and with good all around stats I think going offensive will be a great move! Right now I have my starting DMF, Carlos Dias, as "Orchestrator", kinda like in a Deep lying playmaker role (come to think of it, I think I have to make him not play defensive style so that he can come up and support Leandro and the other offensive players!)

Last edited:
End of the 24/25 season and this happened 😭

188f69e426a5-f1a113809EE96A06AD5.190B33253C486EB2_message_432067763707047_1687764701980.jpg

1 bloody point!! I hit bad form towards the end of the season but went into the last game needing to beat Betis. Valencia had Deportivo La Coruna who were bottom.

I only managed to draw 1-1 in another poor show. Valencia lost 1-3 😬😬

Bit gutting but another season in the Europa might help to make the next step.

Had a bit of a cull over the summer of the squad. Out went Terzic, Andre Horta, Luis Munoz & Subasic (On Loan).

Spartak Moscow came in for Alex Collado. He's been my starting RWF but he was starting to decline. He's been a superb servant for the club...

188f69de8b314-f1a113809EE96A06AD5.190B33253C486EB2_message_432067760026266_1687764687602.jpg

... but they offered me £15million. I let him go as Pellistri was on a free transfer, so signed him as a replacement.

Other signings...

Robert Sanchez (GK), £12million, from Brighton.

Adrian is now 38, he's been a hell of a 'keeper for me but is about to nose dive in overall. Sanchez will become 1st choice with Adrian playing the Cups. Also allowed me to loan out Subasic who has had limited football and needs to grow.

Monchu (CM), Free Transfer.

With Horta being allowed to leave, I need someone to replace him. I did offer West Ham £15million for Pablo Fornals but they wanted about another £5-6mill and I wasn't paying that. Monchu has some good stats, he lacks speed but his passing is what he will be in there for. He will probably not start, Ramon Enriquez will get his place back, but a good option off the bench.

Wesley (CF), £10million, from Internacional.

As a Villa fan I know all about Big Wes. A cruel injury has wrecked his real career but I felt the virtual one could do us a job. Up top, we lack any physical presence. Both Danilo and Pucheta are smaller, pacy players. Wesley is 75 overall but his physical stats are still in the high 80s. He will be used if we are chasing a game, literally as a battering ram to just hit balls into and feed off the scraps. With Europa football and the aim to do something in the Spanish Cup this season, he should see plenty of game time. Will also be good to give the other 2 some competition as during my poor run in, both strikers went off the boil big time.

Nikolas Dhyr, 1 year-loan, from Midjtylland.

I sold Terzic as he was useless. Veireinha has ousted Aaron Martin as my starting LB but he can also cover all over the pitch, so it made sense to get some LB cover in. I'd never heard of Dhyr but he's 79 overall and looks well equipped to do the job. I don't plan to turn it into a permanent move but Martin will probably be moved on next summer, so he has a chance to impress.

So, we head into the new season with a few different options, which should allow me to switch things up a bit if needed. We have to make Champions League this season, I've turned down Real Madrid twice to make the jump to the next level, as I want to take this side into Europe's Elite. I also have several players wanting some extra moolah in their wages, so it's a case of we may have to sell if we don't make it or alternatively win a Cup.

End of the 24/25 season and this happened 😭

View attachment 221830

1 bloody point!! I hit bad form towards the end of the season but went into the last game needing to beat Betis. Valencia had Deportivo La Coruna who were bottom.

I only managed to draw 1-1 in another poor show. Valencia lost 1-3 😬😬

Bit gutting but another season in the Europa might help to make the next step.

Had a bit of a cull over the summer of the squad. Out went Terzic, Andre Horta, Luis Munoz & Subasic (On Loan).

Spartak Moscow came in for Alex Collado. He's been my starting RWF but he was starting to decline. He's been a superb servant for the club...

View attachment 221831

... but they offered me £15million. I let him go as Pellistri was on a free transfer, so signed him as a replacement.

Other signings...

Robert Sanchez (GK), £12million, from Brighton.

Adrian is now 38, he's been a hell of a 'keeper for me but is about to nose dive in overall. Sanchez will become 1st choice with Adrian playing the Cups. Also allowed me to loan out Subasic who has had limited football and needs to grow.

Monchu (CM), Free Transfer.

With Horta being allowed to leave, I need someone to replace him. I did offer West Ham £15million for Pablo Fornals but they wanted about another £5-6mill and I wasn't paying that. Monchu has some good stats, he lacks speed but his passing is what he will be in there for. He will probably not start, Ramon Enriquez will get his place back, but a good option off the bench.

Wesley (CF), £10million, from Internacional.

As a Villa fan I know all about Big Wes. A cruel injury has wrecked his real career but I felt the virtual one could do us a job. Up top, we lack any physical presence. Both Danilo and Pucheta are smaller, pacy players. Wesley is 75 overall but his physical stats are still in the high 80s. He will be used if we are chasing a game, literally as a battering ram to just hit balls into and feed off the scraps. With Europa football and the aim to do something in the Spanish Cup this season, he should see plenty of game time. Will also be good to give the other 2 some competition as during my poor run in, both strikers went off the boil big time.

Nikolas Dhyr, 1 year-loan, from Midjtylland.

I sold Terzic as he was useless. Veireinha has ousted Aaron Martin as my starting LB but he can also cover all over the pitch, so it made sense to get some LB cover in. I'd never heard of Dhyr but he's 79 overall and looks well equipped to do the job. I don't plan to turn it into a permanent move but Martin will probably be moved on next summer, so he has a chance to impress.

So, we head into the new season with a few different options, which should allow me to switch things up a bit if needed. We have to make Champions League this season, I've turned down Real Madrid twice to make the jump to the next level, as I want to take this side into Europe's Elite. I also have several players wanting some extra moolah in their wages, so it's a case of we may have to sell if we don't make it or alternatively win a Cup.

Good save!!! 5 seasons gone, and heading to the 6th. Typical difficulty of LaLiga, you must do something extraterestial to overcome Barca-Real-Atletico, they're so big 3... Or wait until one of them start collapsing due to time passage. I like your roster, you kept a balance between regens and OG players? Cause the OPR average is ~75+/-

@millossobek i recorded a clip of a Defensive GK, i had several goals conceaded on PES 2019, where IIRC it was completelly broken, then fixed with updates and then after back and forth updates, it was broken again and left almost broken.

Just check the GK (not) movement and terrible positioning.

And imagine that, in the goal i missed to capture, tthe movement was even worse, he stayed in the goal line until the end.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom