The Master League adventures thread

@slamsoze Ahh I see. :) I've never actually managed an NT in Master League as it doesn't seem too realistic to me. I don't think there's been any rl case where a club coach manages an NT at the same time, so it kinda breaks immersion for me. :LOL: I think it would be cool if there was a manager option just to play as NT manager, with scouting and stuff like that. Kind of a "road to the world cup" mode. Then again, it would be hard to fill up the NT Master League with options and extras so that's probably why they paired it off with the club experience!

In anycase, I think J. Enguiz looks a bit Asian too, so having him as a Japanese manager works too. Now that I remember correctly, I had him as a "half Japanese half Peruvian assistant coach" in my Comizzo save, take a look at this post, so it works perfectly and is a believable avatar for a young Japanese manager. :TU:
IIRC Guus Hidding was manager of both Chelsea and Russia for a period, around EURO 2008 maybe, not sure, and not so usual of course as you said. And in ML, it just leads to Sim NT matches, cause they're usually annoying, even the qualification groups. But sometimes they sre interesting, i won a 2026 world cup with Greece, in a crazy ML save in 2020.

But in this case of Hidding, i remember reading the newspaper, that he got the OK from his club to manage the NT. I mean it's not prohibited IRL, but it can happen under the appropriate clauses.

So, the season in my 21 Spezia ML ended and it was kind of a moderately big football disaster :D

Eliminated in the second turn of EL against Shalke 04, lost the Coppa Italia final against Fiorentina:

But the biggest joke probably came in league. Battled for the fourth place for practically all the season, also occupying it for many turns, but, due to me being more focused on Coppa Italia among the other thing, lost more than a few points in the last games, lost the train for it and ended up sixth:

2023.02.14-19.20.png

At this point I was still convinced I would at least do the Euro Masters again, so it wasn't this big of a disappointment.. but then, when the new schedules arrived and I saw no Euro matches, I realized that due to the rule of Coppa Italia winner taking a place in Europe, 10th Fiorentina took my spot :DOH:, so no Europe for Spezia this year.

This didn't discouraged me, however. Immediately started a small scale revolution; realized that this ride was the swan song of the old group and put to the door, not without a bit of sadness, club legends Wright (back from loan), Marchizza, Verde and Amon for more functional players. Also sold AMF Anjorin I bought last january (he never convinced) and renounced to strong CMF Kudus for 20 millions, to invigorate Spezia's finances (he was the only "big" I could sell without remorse, midfield is my more packed position anyway).

Brought in my boy Luka Romero (AMF, will be the perfect profile to grow behind Chakvetadze, also somebody had to avenge your cruel sale @slamsoze :P), danish LB Dyhr (I finally have two real players in the role), and the loans with buyouts of Matondo (RWF), Gordon (LWF), and Onyeka (CMF, will be Kudus substitute).

I still have most of my budget and a lot of more interesting players are starting to spawn in the scouting section, will surely be useful for the next future. Ready to get back on track!

That's the way to go @Madmac79! With optimism! :) Even though you didn't qualify for next year's Europa League (man that reminds me of the heartbreaking way I missed out on Reggina's promotion the first season, with Monza qualifying on an obscure 10-points lead rule), I am sure that with the revolution with the new additions, you will be back stronger than before. :)

I wouldn't say this season for you was a disappointment, but more of a success, made the final 16 in the EL, and reached the Coppa Italia final! :TU: Go Spezia!!

Last edited:
IIRC Guus Hidding was manager of both Chelsea and Russia for a period, around EURO 2008 maybe, not sure, and not so usual of course as you said. And in ML, it just leads to Sim NT matches, cause they're usually annoying, even the qualification groups. But sometimes they sre interesting, i won a 2026 world cup with Greece, in a crazy ML save in 2020.

But in this case of Hidding, i remember reading the newspaper, that he got the OK from his club to manage the NT. I mean it's not prohibited IRL, but it can happen under the appropriate clauses.
Of course! Guus Hiddink! How could I forget him.. He was the hero manager who led South Korea to their 2002 semifinal run in the WC. They even gave him the keys to Seoul and everything. :) Although I do remember that he coached both Chelsea and Russia, I had no idea it was simultaneously!

Also of course is another crazy case of Kensuke Honda, he is still the manager for the Cambodian national team (started in 2018), and also played as a professional player for several years at the same time!

Good day all 👋.

I am just giving my latest WE10 ML video a bump. This is the longest vid I’ve made in this series at approx 12mins. There are some great goals in here 🙂. I occasionally post these in the Retro thread but I guess this is the best place.

For context, I’m in my 4th season and just finished the mid season transfer window. We are looking to defend our League title and to win the Wefa Cup 💪.

if you check it out then I hope you enjoy it 👍.

Thank you 😊

So, the season in my 21 Spezia ML ended and it

Brought in my boy Luka Romero (AMF, will be the perfect profile to grow behind Chakvetadze, also somebody had to avenge your cruel sale @slamsoze :P),
As i am taking the piss for selling Luka 😅😋😂, and to retcon my self, i actually didn't sell him, when i told you so, i was confused between playing and making videos, i was far ahead in the real playthrough, so i mixed things a little bit.

That time , i rejected the offer, but i accepted another one, latter in the next season, my inaugural one in LaLiga, cause of this.
Screenshot_2023-02-21-17-11-58-138_com.google.android.youtube.jpg
Screenshot_2023-02-21-17-12-04-489_com.google.android.youtube.jpg
Screenshot_2023-02-21-17-12-24-510_com.google.android.youtube.jpg
This dude was my ideal RWF, and AMF playmaker. Short, fast, agile, left-footed, technically gifted. But either due to my playstyle or to bad luck, he is/was injured every 1 of 2 matches. 😭

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-02-21-17-11-58-138_com.google.android.youtube.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-02-21-17-11-58-138_com.google.android.youtube.jpg
    761.3 KB · Views: 32
#1 - January 2013

PES 2013 - BAL - Rafael Vitale

Rafael Vitale is an italian striker, born in Cagliari. As a talented striker with a good shot, great pace and good anticipation in the box, he was highly looked upon back in his home country in his younger years. After his fathers passing when he was 14 years old, his mother moved back to the Netherlands where she grew up, so Rafael had to come along. They moved to the city where his mother grew up, Venlo. He settled in quickly, and the word about hpw talented a footballer he was started to go around. It didn't take long before the local club, VVV Venlo took him in, and from there on, he never looked back.
Vitale.png
So after half a season, Vitale has got a good start on his career. 10 goals in 18 games, and is starting to earn his managers trust more and more. There has already been rumours about other clubs wanting to snatch him up, but Vitale has said himself he is in no rush to go anywhere, and is just relishing the opportunity to play and score goals!
Vitales sesong 1.pngVitale 2.png
So there is still half a season to play, and Venlo is playing for a place in europe. Vitale is determined to help push the team into a european spot!

@arildsundby Very nice! So I'm gathering Vitale is half-Italian half-Dutch? In anycase, 10 goals in 17 matches is a more than respectable tally for such a young striker, let's see if he can reach 20 goals in the Eredivisie! He will be attracting attention from the big leagues for sure.. Very intriguing prospect! :TU:

@arildsundby Very nice! So I'm gathering Vitale is half-Italian half-Dutch? In anycase, 10 goals in 17 matches is a more than respectable tally for such a young striker, let's see if he can reach 20 goals in the Eredivisie! He will be attracting attention from the big leagues for sure.. Very intriguing prospect! :TU:
Yes, he is half-italian half-dutch, hence the name Rafael, which is used in both Italy and Netherlands☺

#2 - May 2013

So the first season has ended, and Venlo finished on a respectable 6th place. The team was initially a bit dissapointed, as for a while they were in the fight for the european places, but throughout the season it just became a bit too tough.
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 Screenshot 2023.03.06 - 22.47.59.74.png
Vitale on the other hand had a opposite development, as his game just got better and better as the season went on. He won the managers trust more and more, and managed to score a good amount of goals. He ended the season on 23 goals, making him the Eredivisie top scorer, as well as earning him a place in the TOTS. A fantastic first season for the youngster!
Top scorer sesong 1.pngPro Evolution Soccer 2013 Screenshot 2023.03.06 - 22.48.42.05.png
Now the players take a deserved break after a long and tough season. What the future holds for the young italian is still uncertain. The rumours are already there about a move back to his home country, but for now they are just speculations. In an interview done in the local newspaper, Vitale was quoted as saying the following; "Personally I felt I had a really good season. I am so grateful for getting the opportunity to play here! The coach and the team has been superb. I have learnt a lot this year, and I hope I can continue this form into the coming season." He then god asked about what his future holds for him, and if he is tempted to go somewhere else, "For now I just want to have a break. I have had a fantastic season here, so I am in no rush to leave the club, but in football, you never know what might happen".

So we still don't know what he and his agent will do this summer. There is no doubt there is interest in him, but at this moment in time he still is a VVV Venlo player the coming season.
Slutt sesong 1.png

Being far behind the spoilers 😅, here is the update for my 4th season in this save, 2023-2024.

It's a EURO season, but thanks to my awesome decision making, i somehow decided , after 2 seasons in Greece NT, to move to Mali NT. So I'll miss the fully licensed EURO Cup, but at least I will live a new adventure in Copa Africa, i hope.

Now as for the main focus, the club, Extremadura UD, from the region of Badajoz, 2nd year here, after the successful promotion, last season as 1st in Segunda.

Sorry for the Spanish League sponsors, but those LaLiga Smartbank etc, create me headache, so i will refer to the leagues with the Traditional names, Spanish Primera Division, and Segunda Division.

So our first time in Primera Division, we needed to inject some talent and some experience to our squad, in order to have a competitive roster. Most players are youths and regens, so we need a central core of experienced players to pilot the youths.

Inspired by @millossobek i have also my 4 Musketeers, and thanx to my rare managerial and team building skills 😂, they are all of the same position and same teamrole, so most usually, only one of them starts as a classic No10 and captain.

David Silva, Sergio Canales, Iago Aspas and Juan Mata. All past 32, all with a teamrole. Until now only David Silva is on fire, the rest are still coming in rotation an try to warm up in the squad. Aspas has some good moments, Canales needs more games to get familiar with team tactics.

The rest prospects, the regens, Santiago Trellez, Jesus Navas, Francesco Totti and Daniel Giraldo.

There's a special story here. Additionally to my love for Columbian strikers, there's an extra love for Santi Trellez, cause going in a very wild free acoustic translation from Greek, his name is like El Loco. Basically it's not translation wise, it by translating the hearing, like you were Spanish speaking and you had a Serbian player named ELLOCOVIC! I hope it's clear what i mean . It's like paraphrasing the Greek word for mad/loco, which is "Trelos"

The rest prospects are Vicénte Gomez (regen), Antoñin and Lihadji.

The final pieces are, Thiago Silva, the rock in the DF line, although this old man, is too fragile to Injuries now, the regen of the "Chinese" citizenship Fernandinho, or Fei Nanduo , and the other AMF Columbian of our squad, D. Borrero.

@slamsoze That's cool you also like the "classic 10" role! In almost every single ML I play, I have a classic 10 (or if I play a different formation, I usually have my creative player at Secondary Striker or a CMF). :) For a second I thought David Silva was "David Mackalister Silva" from Millos, haha until I saw his face and saw that he is the much better known Spanish player. It'll definitely be interesting to play your four musketeers! I like the fact that they are all quite advanced in age, although in any case you could try playing Silva at AMF, Canales at CMF, Aspas as your forward and have Mata rotate with Silva, of course depending on your formation! :TU:

In terms of "The Amaranth", my Reggina story, I am drawing it out a little bit to build up the excitement.. The semifinals of the Europa League (vs Milan no less) are upcoming, but I will probably wait a bit before playing it! :RSCARF: :RSCARF:

Small update on my Spezia adventure.

Have played quite a bit from my last one; completed a very intense season in which I lost my most favourite Martinelli in january due to the usual release clause thing, to brought in Kubo and De la Vega on the wings; arrived in Coppa Italia final against Fiorentina, again.. it was another explosive game:
and ended up third in League, just a few points from the winner Inter:

2023.02.27-18.56.png

even tho I never really fought for the title. The placement finally gave me access to the fake Champions League playoff, which I later passed quite easily against FC Nordsjælland (I copy pasted it :P) , however. As for the team, it's growing up really nice; would be too much talk to go in depth about every player, but I really like the growth system, truly feels like my individuals are uniformly getting better (or worse) as they should. Just two mentions: Wind ended up winning top scorer in Serie A and Kaufmann, my nicer surprise, won the Coppa Italia one. I love that I wasn't giving much credit to Kauf, was even on the verge of selling him for good after a loan spell a season ago, but now he matured in a really useful and unique striker, by far my best header.

As the new season started, wanted to assault the first place but for now things went a bit worse than last year, me being at january in 6th position and kinda far from it, but I passed the Champions round and I'll face Caska Moskov in the eight finals, so maybe I'll try to put an upset there. Will try to move a bit things on the january market, probably selling Balogun who I bought as a free agent (probably the only, really good one I saw in 7 seasons of Master) and buying one more apt to my playstyle.

#3 - January 2014

So we have rached january of the second season, and Vitale decided in the summer to stay at Venlo. "I feel we have something good going, so I want to stay and fight for the team. We have aspirations of reaching europe, so I am very happy to play here!" he said in an interview to the local paper this summer.

Overall it has been a bit dissapointing for both Vitale himself and the team. The team sits 12th in the table, while Vitale has only managed to bag 5 goals so far. He has been a bit in and out of the starting lineup, struggling to get a good run of form going. There have been speculations that all the noise about him moving has distracted him, but Vitale himself has said that it has nothing to do with that. and his mind is only on his football.
januar sesong 2 tabell.pngtop scorer januar sesong 2.png
Now that we have reached january, the speculation starts again about Vitale’s future. The feeling around the club is that it's growing more and more likely that he will leave. There have been rumours that a couple of clubs in Italy have shown interest, among them the top club AC Milan, who lacks striking options up front, and who could look to the young italian. Pescara and Torino have also been said to show concrete intereset, but only time will tell what happens!
Vitale sesong 2.pngVitale sesong 2..png
To be continued...

Last edited:

#4 - May 2014

So the second season comes to an end, all in all a good season for Vitale, tough a bit dissapointing that they couldn't build on the previous season.VVV Venlo finished 11th in the table, a dissapointment considering they were fighting for europe last year, but this year things was a bit tougher. The team managed to put together a good cup run, but lost in the semi-finals to Heerenveen. Vitale managed to become top scorer in the league (in the cup as well), tough only by one goal, as he wasn't quite clinical in front of goal this time around as last season, he also managed to get in the team of the season this season as well.

tabell sesong 2.pngtop scorer sesong 2.png
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 Screenshot 2023.03.20 - 09.29.15.66.png

Now the summer window is approaching, and the rumours have already began. The latest news is that Vitale won't sign a new contract at Venlo, as reports state that he now wants to move to a bigger league. Vitale himself has made no comment on this, he has only thanked the fans for all the support this season, and that he does not know what the future will hold.
There is reports of big interest from his home country Italy, and that many clubs would want to add him to their squad. It depends who can present him and the club with the best offer. But all this is just speculation, for all we know he might end up staying at Venlo for another season! Only time will tell...

Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 Screenshot 2023.03.06 - 22.47.21.83.pngPro Evolution Soccer 2013 Screenshot 2023.03.20 - 09.28.23.89.png

#5 - August 2014
Vitale signs for Cagliari.png

Rafael Vitale signs for Cagliari! So after weeks of speculations, the transfer is now done! Vitale heads home to Sardegna, where he grew up. There were many clubs interested, but as soon as Cagliari came in, there really was only one choice.

We are now at the press conference at Sardegna Arena, where he will be presented for the first time.

Journalist; "So, what made you sign for Cagliari, considering it seems there were quite a few clubs after you"
Vitale; "For me the choice was easy. A chance to come home again, but most important I like where the team
is heading, they had a great season last year, almost making it to the Europa League, so that is something
I want to help them achieve"

Journalist; "What is your goals for this season?"
Vitale; "Well first of I just want to play as much as possible, but also to help the team as much as I can,
by scoring goals and assisting."

Journalist; "You have got the number nine shirt, do you feel any pressure wearing it?"
Vitale; "No, no pressure. I am honoured to be given the number nine, so I want to live up to it. I know
I am still young and have a lot to learn, but no I don't feel any extra pressure wearing it.
I have to perform no matter what number is on my back."

Vitale pressekonf Cagliari.png

Vitale then stands up and leaves the press room. The overall feeling is that Vitale has made a smart choice choosing this club, as it's on it's way forward, and he's now also in familiari surroundings, in his home town. The people of Sardegna is extremely glad to see him return home, and it is said that the shirt sales went through the roof!

It will for sure be an exciting season, a new club and league for the young Italian!

overgang Cagliari sesong 3 (1).png

Well played a lot of matches in my 2021 save with Extremadura. Close to Winter Transfer Window, where i will update for the course. Spoiler Alert, we are doing much better than expected for a rookie team in 1st Division. As i've seen in previous LaLiga adventures, it is usually/always a 3-boys case, Barcelona, Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid. I just played with each of them, so posting a little trailer...

Was in Camp Nou, and really had Barcelona on the ropes. Was 0-1 ahead, and was keeping some solid balance, also reflecting their waves of attacks. And around 80' this happens.

Well scripting or not, it was the only way to break my defense. It's from the moments, you wanna throw the controller on the wall. Every input i tried, was either nulified, or altered in a convient way to conceade the goal. My super cancel was not working as it does usually, it was reseting my players footplanting 2 and 3 times in the same command, opening path for the opponents, my GK :triangle: was reseted while i pushed it to send him out cover his guff, and he did not responded again, after 1-2 times i tried to press :triangle: in order to send him pressure, and my defenders were standing teared apart, like the Red Sea, etc, etc,... very well known issues , and posted by others and me million times....

Let's leave it behind...Show must go on... :COOL:

I've just rebooted a ML in PS2 PES 2008.

I'm using the default ML players, play in highest difficulty for both matches ànd ML. I've set transferts frequency to normal and excluded classic players.

The composition of the league is a kind of "Super League"

I've picked all teams from Premier League, Ligue 1, Serie A, Eredivisie and Liga who got qualified for European competitions (Champions League, UEFA Cup or Intertoto) and all European teams from "Other League A" and "Other League B".

In order to have 4 balanced leagues, I've then formed hats based on their standings in their league and for the hats where there was not enough teams from a single country, I tried to compose them based on their geographical place.

2nd division is composed of the promoted teams from England, France, Italy, Holland and Spain + 2 remaining teams from Other League A/B.

These were the hats for the draw :

pes-2008-ligue-des-masters-setup-png.209121

I've then proceeded with the random draw.
For each hat, I've drawn to which League (A, B, C and D) the teams goes as well as their position in their league.
At the end, I've drawn the positions for the 2nd division + the league (A, B, C and D) to which it's be attached.
Here's the result :

capture-png.209193

For the team, I've decided to go with AS Mohican.
I've choose the Delle Alpi as Stadium and here're the kits I've created.

Home :
mhc_home-jpg.209470

mhc_home-2-jpg.209474

Away :
mhc_away-jpg.209471

GK1 (at first I planned to use it as GK2 but made it GK1) :
https://evoweb.uk/attachments/mhc_gk1-jpg.209472/

GK2 :
https://evoweb.uk/attachments/mhc_gk2-jpg.209479/

[edit] I’ve used a different pink in the meantime.

I've not played a game yet. Just setup my 4-4-2, set the formation, the squad numbers, ... and tested my team in the exhibition mode by saving the ML team data option. 2 games against Vitesse (1 win - 1 lost) and 1 game againt Valladolid (1 lost).

Last edited:
Good day all 👋.

I am just giving my latest WE10 ML video a bump. This is the longest vid I’ve made in this series at approx 12mins. There are some great goals in here 🙂. I occasionally post these in the Retro thread but I guess this is the best place.

For context, I’m in my 4th season and just finished the mid season transfer window. We are looking to defend our League title and to win the Wefa Cup 💪.

if you check it out then I hope you enjoy it 👍.

Thank you 😊

I ses we had the same idea for the sponsor on the jersey ahah. ;-)

Oh... and very nice vid' !

The first game was difficult.
It was a home game vs. Juventus.
It was 0-0 half-time but early in 2nd half Camoranesi did a slalom and scored.
Right after, a CSC from Ivarov after a shot from Trezeguet. Were are at 62'.
I did 2 changes. Gutierrez for Castolo and Hamsun for Minanda.
And at 64' Hamsun delivers a decisive pass to Ordaz who scores a goal alla Del Piero in the top corner.
We then had a free-kick near the corner flag and Jaric puts it on the head of Ordaz who hits the bar.
At the end of the game Del Piero scored a free-kick. Ivarov touched it but not enough.
Next game... vs. Wisla Krakow who on paper should be more on our level.

[Édit] just lost 0-3 vs. Wisla Krakow... :(

Last edited:
PES 2008 is much more challenging compared to 6.

I’m at the end of the first season and finished with just 3 points (3 draws). In some games I was ahead but I had big troubles in defense. Jaric is growing and OK but he’s not good with headers. I conceded so many goals with headers.

The good thing is that Libermann has grown now and can take the spot of Stremer in my starting 11.

Hopefully I could have a win and a draw in the end season friendlies to bring enough cash to avoid the game over. Still 2 friendlies to play.

During the 1st transfer window I signed Shubin, Juarez and Rolong, all being youths.

I could not get any new player in the end season transfer window, renewed few contracts (Gutierez and Ruskin) and did not renew older players like Castolo (replaced by Gutierez), Minanda (replaced by Ettori), Ximelez (replaced by Juarez) and Espimas (replaced by Shubin).

My younger players are growing (Dodo has now replaced Stein) and I’m confident that next season will be better.

If I loose the last 2 friendlies I’ll just finish with 2 PES points ahah.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom