The Master League adventures thread

Started a ML on pes 2017 with Napoli, forgot how tough and physical this game is.
managed to get a 0-0 draw away to Brescia.
TP 20 min PA0 TS 74
Great fun though, its going to take a few seasons to get this team up on top
Are you on PC?assuming by San Paolo stadium.

Physicality on this is on another level, a lot wrestling in the 1st and 2nd third.

One of the reasons i progress slowly is, this gameplay needs its own dedication, being on and off between 2017 and the most recent PES, has a bad effect on my 2017, where while everything is faster, mostly as someone rpevioulsy mentioned accurate, the ball travels very fast, the rest speed is okish, the physical battles need their own mentality and focus.

Finally, something i like more in this, among all this recent SiM/arcade debate , i find here the best balance between SIM/arcade/response/immersion. Separating the last 4 chapters in groups, 2018 & 2019 are all about response, name it arcade, but the CPU is alien or rigid, and in SS difficulty, it's like, make one mistake and you are screwed .

On 2020 and 2021 on the other hand, it's more one dimensional and forgiving, meaning, due to the slower pace, after a mistake you have a lot of time to fix things up. Of course there is some AI bullcrap here and there, just general speaking.

On 2017 , the AI is better and more varied, and, me as a player, i notice a frame window, where you have time to execute things good. If you are accurate to timing, everything goes well.

If you violate that window, you are not directly screwed, but you have some second chance, and as a last resort, to through some bodies in the physical battle.

A recent battle of agony i had in 2017 and gave me good nostalgia vibes, i am defending my left flank, and i did shite containment, so the CPU crosses in my PK box. My CB pushes the opposite Striker, dispositioning him, and the ball bounces 2 meters in the air. The Striker shields me and tried to chest-control the ball, them my CB, out of desperation, sticks a last second leg, and kicks the ball in the skies, buying time for my rest defenders to retreat to their positions , and once steal the ball, kick it outside in the stands for a throw in.

Finally a last note here, i hate how kicking the ball while defending with :square: , was nerfed from PES 2018 and onwards, to the point that it is usually a free cross for the opponents striker, or it goes far to 5 meters from PK spot, giving away a free banger from rebound for the opposite team. Sometimes while defending, you need to insta-send the ball to the stands or the nearby cemetery, outside of the stadium.

Are you on PC?assuming by San Paolo stadium.

Physicality on this is on another level, a lot wrestling in the 1st and 2nd third.

One of the reasons i progress slowly is, this gameplay needs its own dedication, being on and off between 2017 and the most recent PES, has a bad effect on my 2017, where while everything is faster, mostly as someone rpevioulsy mentioned accurate, the ball travels very fast, the rest speed is okish, the physical battles need their own mentality and focus.

Finally, something i like more in this, among all this recent SiM/arcade debate , i find here the best balance between SIM/arcade/response/immersion. Separating the last 4 chapters in groups, 2018 & 2019 are all about response, name it arcade, but the CPU is alien or rigid, and in SS difficulty, it's like, make one mistake and you are screwed .

On 2020 and 2021 on the other hand, it's more one dimensional and forgiving, meaning, due to the slower pace, after a mistake you have a lot of time to fix things up. Of course there is some AI bullcrap here and there, just general speaking.

On 2017 , the AI is better and more varied, and, me as a player, i notice a frame window, where you have time to execute things good. If you are accurate to timing, everything goes well.

If you violate that window, you are not directly screwed, but you have some second chance, and as a last resort, to through some bodies in the physical battle.

A recent battle of agony i had in 2017 and gave me good nostalgia vibes, i am defending my left flank, and i did shite containment, so the CPU crosses in my PK box. My CB pushes the opposite Striker, dispositioning him, and the ball bounces 2 meters in the air. The Striker shields me and tried to chest-control the ball, them my CB, out of desperation, sticks a last second leg, and kicks the ball in the skies, buying time for my rest defenders to retreat to their positions , and once steal the ball, kick it outside in the stands for a throw in.

Finally a last note here, i hate how kicking the ball while defending with :square: , was nerfed from PES 2018 and onwards, to the point that it is usually a free cross for the opponents striker, or it goes far to 5 meters from PK spot, giving away a free banger from rebound for the opposite team. Sometimes while defending, you need to insta-send the ball to the stands or the nearby cemetery, outside of the stadium.
Yes PC, i have it for 360 and XB1 as well.
the 360 and PC version feels the same, i think xb/ps4 version is much faster than "old gen"version.
it takes some time getting used to again, plus havent really playaed much football games the past year or so.

of modern games this has been my favourite since it pretty much came out, ai is very good on 18 as well but lacking physicality is a turndown for me.
loving all the rough midfield battles and general tougness of this.
i remember when playing as milan and having inter as your hardcoded rivals, those games were insane, always 6-7 cards and injuries every derby.
i decided on Napoli for a few reasons, but one being not having a natural rival so the games stays tough but not crazy

Small update and some videos about my Pes 17 adventure.

January market passed; sold FW Hwang Hee-Chan (he's not bad, but he never really clicked with me and after Fabio Silva's explosion, he practically never saw the field again) and some other background players. Concretized Vitinha and Renato Sanches purchase.. and, as @millossobek suggested :P :
2023.01.11-00.11_02.jpg

Don't care if he'll not end up to Wolves in rl, in the end I needed a true OMF and picking him up sounded like a very nice/plausible idea anyway. I'm still anchored to the Europa League zone and I hope he, togheter with the other new guys, will give us a big hand.

As for the videos, in one I wanted to share the only occasion when I felt "cheated" by CPU:

It was (of course) first FA cup turn. Leaving aside the two posts I hit, the ferocity with which CPU scored me again the second later I drew, for their final victory, was kind of suspect. But.. all good lol. I don't mind a bit of it in football games. Besides I lost many more matches in the League and never felt it was undeserved.

Anyway, for the second one.. loved this other game against Man U:

It had all. A very nice player ID of Cristiano (look at that beautiful first goal he put in!), Man U dominating me far and wide, Pogba scoring an header leaving the keeper still (I know, I have a soft spot for this thing and I tought it wasn't possible on a no free kick goal in 17, so glad Pogba proved me wrong :P ), then me miraculously and absolutely undeservedly making it 2-2 after I was two down (with a ridiculously lucky first goal, too.. this time it felt like "script" totally went in my direction). Also love that you can feel stamina taxing the CPU as well. Man U was much less brilliant in the last third of the game, compared with their overwhelming first half.. as it should be.

Last edited:
@Madmac79 You signed him! Can't wait to see how Isco adapts to Wolves! You're right bro, it doesn't matter if he ends up there in real life or not.. What matters right now is your story and the immersion! :TU: Nice draw at Old trafford as well...

AMF's/OMF's are my favorite position by far, it's too bad that the pure #10 is disappearing from the game, maybe it's time for a comeback!!

I'll leave this here for further inspiration! I really liked his game, not the speediest nor the most athletic by far, but almost entirely reliant on skill and vision!

I'm sure you will really enjoy the Spanish Magician weaving the web for your offense. :)

Well my ML with Napoli is going really bad.
0-0 Vs Brescia away was followed by a proper beating by Fiorentina away.
3-0 I even had to switch to pa1 for the 2nd half otherwise Iid be screwed even harder.

Player switching Vs my Xbox one version is different, sometimes you get stuck between two of your own players and it won't switch to the nearest one.
Ts at 72 isn't helping
Plus i fucking suck right now.
Imagine I once played this on PA0 and SS with manual shooting...

One more shit result and I need to switch things up or get fired.
But great fun nevertheless
IMG_20230113_010350.jpg

Well my ML with Napoli is going really bad.
0-0 Vs Brescia away was followed by a proper beating by Fiorentina away.
3-0 I even had to switch to pa1 for the 2nd half otherwise Iid be screwed even harder.

Player switching Vs my Xbox one version is different, sometimes you get stuck between two of your own players and it won't switch to the nearest one.
Ts at 72 isn't helping
Plus i fucking suck right now.
Imagine I once played this on PA0 and SS with manual shooting...

One more shit result and I need to switch things up or get fired.
But great fun nevertheless
View attachment 197004
Just to avoid writing another essay, i strongly believe that there are differences between "oldgen" and "newgen" PES 2017. Possibly for 2016 and 2015 too. They are slightly different though.

To keep it short, having played 2017 both on PC and PS4, the PC version TO ME ( i repeat its personal) was also more difficult, same ML set up, same settings, similar squad philosophy and playstyle and on PC i ended fighting for positions 5th~10th, while on PS4 i always battle for the top-5.

I mean , most people say that the versions are identical, they are similar to a 90%+ degree, but for me they have a slight difference, i just skip the theoretical part, to keep it short as i said, and i just mention the practical part.

Ah and finally, i assume it was a sarcasm, or a homerule. Just in case, a reminder, you can't be fired in 2017, so you can keep up and be strong mate.

And a very final note, even if the PC aka oldgen version looks tougher and makes you wonder your newgen experience, it still has a payback curve, where after you get past a point, it starts pay off your effort.

Last edited:
To keep it short, having played 2017 both on PC and PS4, the PC version TO ME ( i repeat its personal) was also more difficult, same ML set up, same settings, similar squad philosophy and playstyle and on PC i ended fighting for positions 5th~10th, while on PS4 i always battle for the top-5.
Fully agree on that, ive had 20 seasons on Pes 17 for Xbox, and the gameplay is different,not totally, but enough for it to be different.
yeah i meant ill (in my own head coaching Napoli) would get fired for sure.
cant wait for TS to get better,and appriciate the cahallenge of this game, plus me not playing football for ages makes it a bit tricky too

I played Top Player in my three first seasons with Reggina (PES 2017 PC) and really enjoyed it, I decided to move to Superstar and it's one of the best decisions I've made.. It is much tougher to score, and I feel like I have to be alert at all times, much more than in TP. It really made a great game even more awesome. :)

That being said, it really boils down to what you find best at the time, with PES 2017 there's really no "best" difficulty setting, both Top Player and Superstar are great, It's not like 2019 where Superstar is really scripted lol. :LOL: I think 2019 is best enjoyed in Professional or TP. :TU:

Completing my updates with the summer market/season beginning about my 2021 ML with Spezia;

Thanks to the bonus for the sixth place (8 mln), and the sale with the release clause of classy (but not really fitting in my schemes) CMF Cuisance (around 14 mln), plus the money I already had, I was able to buy out all the loans I had (Augustin, Martinelli and Kudus) minus one who expires on december and I'll so do later (Chakvetadze).

Then, I had enough funds to reinforce the team with the sequent players:

Illan Meslier (GK): My legend Zoet unfortunately is beginning to show the signs of age, so I started searching for an appropriate heir. This french, young goalkeeper from Leeds came in my scouting suggestions and he looked like the perfect profile; I grabbed him on loan of 4 mln something with a buyout of 11.

Tiago Djalo (CB): All the other defensive partners of my leader Perez (Erlic, Marchizza.. ) are kinda decent, but felt the need to give him a better one; tried for Benfica's Ferro without success, then settled for this portuguese defender from Lille. Tall, still young at 24 iirc, fast and physical; already seems like a great addiction. He also has that short socks that gave him that something of old school defender which doesn't hurt :P .He was my biggest expense (outside of buyouts) for 9 mln something.

Rodrigo Villagra (CMF): After the sale of Cuisance, needed another CMF to complete my midfield. This guy has good stats, is young and costed just 1 million something; seemed like a great deal and I happily concluded it. He's an argentinian CMF with decent feet, good both in pressing and defending, and, of course, super aggressive. I like to think about him as the same school of the Simeones and the Almeydas. Will be super useful in the rotations.

Zuriko Davitashvili (RWF): I chased him for at least a season and half before, but could never conclude for a reason or another. Finally I was able to bring him in for 5 mln something. The georgian is a very complete winger who hopefully will make me do a quality leap on that side, making Verde a sub.

Kaufmann back from his loan will complete the attack. I still have some lack of good alternatives here and there (like on the LB, where I have only veteran Pedro Amador, or in the OMF where outside of Chakvetadze I have to adapt others), but the complessive quality of the roster gotten a lot higher.

Now, for the beginning of the new season;

Started the League with two victories; made a small highlight of the goals:

was happy that Augustin immediately came back to goal and that the new arrived Davitashvili carried me to victory in the second one.

As for the cup, this is my European Masters group:

group.jpg

Two Great Britain teams in english Leicester and scottish St. Mirren, and dutch Vitesse. An approachable (but not to underestimate) group of very interesting teams.

Debut against Vitesse was really special. Even if newcomers in their roles are way stronger, I played Zoet and Verde in the starting eleven as a tribute to these two club legends.. felt unfair to net let them play in our first time in Europe. Anyway, I decided to capture it as well:

Was a really beautiful, full of atmosphere match. Martinelli's acrobacy after the crossbar for our first goal pumped me up like really few other goals I've scored lately.. it really felt like something out of a Rivaldo's real life compilation, and it made me fully breath that "old school Pes" sense of wonder. Jonas Wind's goal for the victory after the draw was also a very nice outside shot.
From a certain point onwards it practically became like a derby match, with them tackling my guys mercilessly.. with the result I lost Augustin for 3 weeks. But it was a nice touch and I love when it happens (if anything I wish to see it more often lol).

So it all started really fine, with the team playing a very good football.. but I have no doubt things may change from a moment to another. With this game you never know..

Last edited:
@Madmac79 Good job with the signings bro!! I especially like the double additions of CB Tiago Djalo (The Old School Center-Back!) CMF Villagra, a nice addition in the tradition of Matias Almeyda! If he can play somewhat similar to the Argentinean legend in Lazio, it'll be a great signing for your team!

I like your chances in the Europa League, with a UK flavor! Granted, I don't know much about St. Mirren and Vitesse, but I think given the possibilities your group is pretty accessible! One thing I love about the Europa League is precisely that we get to see teams which are not well known, kind of like the "3-Stars Cup!" Now that you have beaten Vitesse in your first match, it's an auspicious start!! Will definitely be looking forward to a nice Cup Run for Spezia, it'll be a great honor to why not, have the ambition to become Europa League Champion!!

----

Wanted to share this one nice goal, kind of a preview of my Bolton save, a 0-1 victory against Manchester United at Old Trafford in my third match of my 2nd season in the Premier League!! NAKATA! (featuring @slamsoze's awesome away kits!!)

Will post my next Bolton Update when I play more games.. An interesting tidbit.. I also qualified for the Europa League!!!! :BSCARF: :BSCARF:

Last edited:
1673758156856.png

A Quite Different Werder Bremen!!
:GSCARF: A PES 2009 Adventure! :GSCARF:
Hey guys! As you've probably noticed, I like playing 3 Master Leagues at once.. Two main stories (in my thread), and an adventure which I do not go in with as much "storytelling depth" but it's more of a "Play and Update" kind of deal, kind of posting the most important information about the save! For this edition, I decided to try an edition I've never tried before in an ML or a long format: PES 2009! (15 minutes, Top Player, Speeder 0.87)

Even though I'm aware that it is far from the most popular or well-regarded PES titles, I still wanted to try it, and after playing a couple of exhibitions, I decided it was pretty fun! As you guys remember, I already played a full season in PES 10 and 13, so I decided to give 2009 a chance! So far, so good. It might not be one of the most well known PES titles, but I think it has several good points. :)

For this story, I wanted to try a nice variation of my "4 Musketeers" Bolton theme, but with a difference. Let's call it, a "
Young Midfielder Revolution!" I changed about 90 percent of the team, trading away a lot of my squad for other players, mainly in the Bundesliga, and I came about a team I'm pretty satisfied with. A New Werder Bremen is all set to go!!

What is the premise? I want to have a pretty low-ranked team, one of the weakest in the Bundesliga, with a bunch of aging and low-skilled players, but led by a "Midfielder Revolution" of 3 of my favorite all time players!: a very young:
Mesut Ozil (20), Stephen Appiah (22), and Shinji Ono (22). As you can see I changed Appiah's and Ono's ages so that they are young with Werder Bremen.

I also held out/traded for a few interesting players: Werder Bremen historical goalscorer, Peruvian
Claudio Pizarro (30), Gerald Asamoah (30), the long-standing Schalke Ghanaian/German striker, Per Metesacker (24) manning the back four, and one of my favorites, Colombian goalkeeper Faryd Mondragón (39) from Koln, at the tail end of his incredibly long and durable career! The rest of the players, while dependable, are pretty below average in terms of Bundesliga talent.

1673759430642.png

I also decided to organize the leagues in the following manner:
- Liga Ibérica (Iberian League): 17 Spanish Teams + the 3 Portuguese Giants (Benfica, Sporting, Porto)
- British Premier League: 18 English Teams + the 2 Scottish Giants (Rangers and Celtic)
- Lega Mediterranea: 13 Italian Teams + 4 Greek Teams + 3 Turkish Teams (Panathinaikos, Olympiakos, AEK, PAOK, Besiktas, Fenerbahce, Galatasaray).
- Euro League D1 and D2: A mix of Bundesliga, Ligue 1 France, Belgian, Denmark, Swiss, and Dutch teams! (with a heavier presence of German and French teams!)

Werder Bremen will be starting in D2 as one of the overall weaker Bundesliga teams! Will my young midfielders be able to mesh well with my experienced veterans and with the rest of my aging squad of below-average players? Let's see what happens! :GSCARF:

Last edited:
@millossobek Really like the idea of relaunching Werder Brema.. one of the Bundesliga teams I used to pick the most myself (probably cause the green kit reminds me my main "football fantasy" team I often recreate in Pes). Also loved how you composed your leagues.. could be a great idea for Ps2 Pes too, where there isn't space for all the leagues in a single Master.

By the way, glad you are enjoying 09. It's a very "light" chapter (in every sense), but it can still be quite fun with the right premises. Besides, I learn popularity is kinda relatively important with a football game. A game may be terrible to some, but click in marvellous ways to others. Just try them out in first person as you did with 09 and decide! If I listened to general consensus, I wouldn't ever touch Fifa 19 (that, instead, gave me my favourite Fifa career ever until now!).

1673804338910.png

@Madmac79 I actually came about Werder Bremen in a very classic way, through following a player! "El Bombardero de los Andes" recently retired Peruvian Claudio Pizarro (who I'm actually playing with in my save)! I always liked his charismatic and humble personality! Also, funnily enough, I had never played with a green team before in any PES ML, probably because the colors of one of Millonarios' main rivals is green, haha.. But there has to be a first time, and Bremen are actually really likeable! :GSCARF:

You're right about not necessarily agreeing with the general consensus. I also think that under the right conditions PES 2008, 09, and 10 can be a lot of fun! An example of that also is PES 2011. It's much more liked by the community, but I haven't been able to get into it! Try as I may, I've found the gameplay in 2011 not amongst my favorites (2012 is similar, and 2013 can be fun but also has its issues IMO).. So picking 2009 was a good choice for a brand new start. :)

In anycase, it would be cool to hear about your usual PES fantasy team! :)

Last edited:
@millossobek about my main fantasy team in Pes.. I think I already recounted the story somewhere else here, by the way it all comes from when I was a kid, playing Fifa 98 with my cousin.. a random afternoon of those times we wanted to play with a made up team with us as forwards, so of course we decided to edit out one.. since I was a Lazio fan and he, proverbially, a Roma supporter, we decided for a neutral colour and put togheter a green shirt (for some reason it felt cool to both at the times) with the Reebok white sign of Chile's 98 WC kit on the chest iirc, and white shorts/socks. My cousin randomly came up with the "F.C. Rigan" name for apparently no definite reason and I liked how that sounded.. so, I can't exactly remember if it was in Pes 3, 4 or even 5, by the way somewhere in those chapters the name and the shirt came up to me again and I started to use it regularly for MLs since then.

I have some pretty neat stories I played with FC Rigan, probably my longest one being a Pes 5 ML of 8/9 seasons or something in which I used to buy mainly regens and play the team with an absurdly offensive 4-3-3 with all players pushed unrealistically high, causing me to kinda "break" Pes 5 :P, having every game high scores both for me and for the CPU.. was really loads of fun. Most notable other ones being on Pes 11 and 12. From a certain point onwards I started to alternate to the green classic one also a kind of "imitation" of the Man U kit, with a red shirt/white shorts/black socks. You can take it as a modernization of the brand if you need an headcanon :P .

Wish I could find again all those saves, anyway. For example I have the Pes 5 Chelsea one (my oldest, most serious ML on Pes 5), but not this Rigan one that came afterwards. Must check on older hard disks.. I'd love to share something from that era.

@Madmac79 Haha, we all did that at some point! :TU: FC Rigan, that's cool! I think it's a nice touch that your friend was a Roma supporter and of course, you being Lazio, going for an intermediate color. :LOL: I remember I created myself and some mates in FIFA 2003 and that was really fun! Man I had so much fun with that edition, we also played a lot of Cups and I remember he chose San Jose Earthquakes (since he was from the US) and I chose Brescia with Roberto Baggio, haha, he ended up winning the final and I lost in the semis I forget against which team (could've been Tottenham or Arsenal, haha).. Good times. :)

Last edited:
@millossobek about my main fantasy team in Pes.. I think I already recounted the story somewhere else here, by the way it all comes from when I was a kid, playing Fifa 98 with my cousin.. a random afternoon of those times we wanted to play with a made up team with us as forwards, so of course we decided to edit out one.. since I was a Lazio fan and he, proverbially, a Roma supporter, we decided for a neutral colour and put togheter a green shirt (for some reason it felt cool to both at the times) with the Reebok white sign of Chile's 98 WC kit on the chest iirc, and white shorts/socks. My cousin randomly came up with the "F.C. Rigan" name for apparently no definite reason and I liked how that sounded.. so, I can't exactly remember if it was in Pes 3, 4 or even 5, by the way somewhere in those chapters the name and the shirt came up to me again and I started to use it regularly for MLs since then.

I have some pretty neat stories I played with FC Rigan, probably my longest one being a Pes 5 ML of 8/9 seasons or something in which I used to buy mainly regens and play the team with an absurdly offensive 4-3-3 with all players pushed unrealistically high, causing me to kinda "break" Pes 5 :P, having every game high scores both for me and for the CPU.. was really loads of fun. Most notable other ones being on Pes 11 and 12. From a certain point onwards I started to alternate to the green classic one also a kind of "imitation" of the Man U kit, with a red shirt/white shorts/black socks. You can take it as a modernization of the brand if you need an headcanon :P .

Wish I could find again all those saves, anyway. For example I have the Pes 5 Chelsea one (my oldest, most serious ML on Pes 5), but not this Rigan one that came afterwards. Must check on older hard disks.. I'd love to share something from that era.
Why do i recall a 2011 ML of yours, being with "Riganpool"? Was it a spin-off team, or you nicknamed them Riganpool?

Or I'm just imagining things 😂😂😂?

@millossobek he was my cousin, not my friend bro, although I played loads of Fifa 98 with friends too :P

I have memories of playing of Fifa 2003 as well on Pc. It was kind of fun although (at least against CPU) a bit repetitive. I remember constantly trying to play new Fifas, but I couldn't help returning to Psx/Ps2 Pes and WE after not long..

Why do i recall a 2011 ML of yours, being with "Riganpool"? Was it a spin-off team, or you nicknamed them Riganpool?

Or I'm just imagining things 😂😂😂?

No, you definitely remember right :PP! The Fc Rigan ML I was talking about above was the "original" one I played when the game first came out in 2010. When I retook 11 a couple of years ago in 2019 (iirc) I wanted to go with a created team, but felt the need to invent a new one, so I made up Riganpool which in my head was some kind of rival of Fc Rigan (since Fc Rigan was a kind of Man U, Riganpool was of course inspired by Liverpool).

oh right, I misread hehe sorry bro. Or first I read your cousin then for some reason I read your friend hahahahaha.. :LMAO:

Funnily enough, Fifa 2003 I played more on PS2, pretty good memories. :) As @slamsoze knows, I didn't discover PES until 2017 (which might also be partly the reason why it is my favorite!) I haven't looked back :) It was actually pretty funny my chronological road to discovering PES.. as it was more like this: 17 then 18, 19, 21, 13, 11, then the classic titles.

Last edited:
oh right, I misread hehe sorry bro. Or first I read your cousin then for some reason I read your friend hahahahaha.. :LMAO:

Funnily enough, Fifa 2003 I played more on PS2, pretty good memories. :) As @slamsoze knows, I didn't discover PES until 2017 (which might also be partly the reason why it is my favorite!) I haven't looked back :) It was actually pretty funny my chronological road to discovering PES.. as it was more like this: 17 then 18, 19, 21, 13, 11, then the classic titles.
There was an "advantage" in early FIFAs of the 00's. not sure if it was there since FIFA 2003 or 2004, but in internet cafe, where there were no consoles but PC only, it was the only game for PC that you could play PvP in LAN network.

Although after a point, me and my friends, still in school brought all together a used PS1 amd moved it from house to house, in order to be able to play PvP ISS/PES.

But the LAN PvP, which came in PES only for PES 4, where we stopped playing FIFA multiplayer completely and never looked back, was the "real deal" for that era.

An era that in order to play online multiplayer, was a real pain, not given as it is today.

Since i was the tech prodigy, among my friends, i was the only one that successfully got past the painful register process, to play online in FIFA 06 and PES 5 😁.

Just to mention, FIFAs servers and netcode was so much better always, 2006 maybe was on par with online set up of today's eFootball/PES2021.

1674039118261.png

Werder Bremen are on track for Promotion at Midseason!! (PES 2009)
Die Grün-Weißen are giving back hope to their faithful fans!

1674038901863.png1674038930963.png

It's been a pretty momentous first half of the season for Werder Bremen! After being relegated to the Euro League D2, the Green and Whites are slowly but surely clawing their way back to contention! It is important to remember that the Euro Leagues, as I organized it, are multi-nation leagues primarily made up of German, French, Belgian, Denmark, Swiss, and Dutch teams (with a greater proportion of German and French squads), a Central European Federation, and only the best in the region will rise to the top!

1674038962220.png1674038994251.png

My current second division league is really multi-national, it has: 4 German teams, 3 French, 2 Belgian, 1 Swiss, 1 Danish, and 1 Dutch team! This has given the league quite a multi-cultural flavor yet retaining its European roots! Die Grün-Weißen have had an exciting first half, wht 5 wins, 4 draws, and 2 losses, propelling them to second place in the standings in a 12-team league in which the top 3 are promoted to first division! Werder Bremen wants to get back to its rightful place in the region!

1674038823988.png1674039192999.png

Led by the veteran leadership of their captain, Claudio Pizarro, the 30-year old Peruvian International striker, also known as "El Bombardero de los Andes", as well as the trio of talented midfielders Mesut Ozil, Shinji Ono, and Stephen Appiah, (ages 20, 22, and 22), the team looks like it could have a bright future in the Federation! Even though Pizarro is my current leader, I am really counting on the "Midfielder Revolution" of my big midfielder three, full of magic and charisma, to be the base for future success! But first things first. Even though the first half of the season has gone well (albeit a quarterfinal loss to FC Zurich in the Division 2 Cup), things are far from being decided!

1674037392520.png

The midseason transfer window was an eventful one, and even though signings were difficult and many players rejected our offers, we were able to secure the services of three important players!
- Junior Diaz (25): The Costa Rican side back brings some much needed speed at Side Back, which was a glaring weakness in our squad (we only had 2 SB's in the entire team!) Signed from Wisla Cracovia, Junior Diaz looks to bring Latin flavor and personality to the team, as well as his talent!
- Christian Dorda (20): The German side back complements Diaz at the position, now we have 4 Side Backs which was our most pressing need. A good all around player with a lot of future, he is a great local signing from the academy of Borussia Monchengladbach.
- Distel Zola (29); Another position where we needed reinforcements was at Defensive Midfielder, given that we only had one pure DMF on the team (with Shinji Ono more of a pure CMF). Zola comes from the youth academy of Monaco, the Frenchman is looking to make his mark on the Federation!

Three crucial signings, building on the base of my talented midfield! I like the fact that they are quite young players whidh haven't reached their potential yet, still they are better than most of my supporting cast! I haven't gotten rid of any of my older, lower-rated players just yet, but this will probably come in time as I keep revamping my roster while keeping my leaders! Here is a goal by my captain, Claudio Pizarro, I really liked this goal even though I ended up losing the Cup quarterfinal. A great individual play!

In all honesty though, my priority is quite straightfroward: I want to achieve promotion in this first season and start playing with the big teams of Central Europe! Halfway through the season, it looks like I am on track, although as you can see, the table is very very tight. With only 12 teams participating in D2, every match is going to be really important, as points will be golden as each fixture passes by! I've been really enjoying PES 2009 with my customized settings, the game feels quite deep in terms of the importance of stats and with the lowered game speed, it's really feeling a lot like a good combination of real football and classic PES action! Stay tuned to the second half of the season, the exciting conclusion of Werder Bremen's first season in my newest ML adventure! Auf geht's Die Grün-Weißen!

1674040783027.png

:GSCARF: Stay tuned for the exciting conclusion of Werder Bremen's first season!!!! :GSCARF:

Last edited:
1674420830270.png

Werder Bremen Return to First Division!!
Pizarro, Ozil, Ono, and Appiah Lead Die Grün-Weißen to Promotion and The 2nd Division Title!!
A very competitive season has ended, Werder Bremen have finally returned to their rightful place in Europe! The Midfielder Revolution that was introduced before the season started, coupled with solid veteran leadership and timely goalscoring has propelled Die Grün-Weißen back to the first division, where they will be facing the cream of the crop of Central Europe, made up of Bundesliga, French Ligue 1, and other big Dutch, Belgian, Denmark, and Swiss Teams! The Big Bad Central Federation awaits!

1674418505955.png1674419023997.png
When we left off at midseason, Werder Bremen was sitting in second at the halfway mark. A good position, that's for sure, but nothing was said or determined yet. Only 5 points separated #2 and #7, and the field was wide open for several teams. In this second division, the top 3 got promoted, so it was going to be a tough scrabble in the second half of the season! Thankfully, the leadership of our veteran striker, Peruvian Claudio Pizarro, our Colombian Goalkeeper Faryd Mondragón, and the huge contributions of our young midfield of Ono, Appiah, and a 20-year old Mesut Ozil were enough to not only get promoted, but also to win the league!

1674418985939.png1674419146500.png
But first was ensuring promotion. We were sitting in third palce with two matches to go, and had to face Hannover 96 in the second to last game of the season, Fixture 21! Given how tight the table was, drawing or losing this match would've really decreased our chances to get promoted going into the final match! Fortunately, we were able to scrape a very hard-fought 1-0 match (PIZARRO!!!!!) and by winning it, ensured our place in the first division of the Central European Federation! I include the full match here, in case you guys want to have a look!!

There was one more order of business though, and that was to win the title! Even though the main objective of the season was to get promoted, winning the title would be a really nice cherry on top, not to mention extra Master League points! The last match was against LOSC Lille Metropole, and even though we started losing 1-0 due to an early goal by the French side, our Bombardero, Claudio Pizarro really woke up in the second half and scored two goals in less than 3 minutes to give us the victory and the title! 2-1 the final score, and Die Grün-Weißen finish in first place! Here are the last minutes of the match, along with our title celebration!! :GSCARF: :GSCARF:

It was a really nice and fun season overall! Hard fought and intense, with a lot of close matches. I feel like we really depended on the talents of our leaders Pizarro (who finished second in the overall scorers table, with 13 goals!) and Mondragón (who had some really nice clean sheets). But equally important were also the contributions of our young dynamic 3, Ono, Ozil, and Appah who are really young and have a very bright future ahead of them! Even though most of the rest of the team was below average in skill they were inspired by the performances of our best players and were really able to give it their best given their more limited talent!

1674419514177.png1674420514705.png
Now, the First Dvision of the Central European Federation beckons. We will be facing much better teams and our offseason signings will be crucial. It'll be very important to keep complementing our team with good signings so that we can compete and have a good performance in our first season back! But for now, it is time to celebrate a win that, even if it is not a first division one and might not get a lot of place, rightfully puts Werder Bremen back in our proper place and give us a shot at further glory!! Stay tuned for more updates!!

1674422184982.png1674422206976.png1674422261185.png

One of my favorite goals of the season!

:GSCARF: Stay tuned for Werder Bremen's adventure in First Division!! :GSCARF:

Last edited:
Coming back to action slowly-slowly... A "distant" low, not full power goal (very rare for me), by the Argonauts.

What a score! Love the Kits as well! Did you design them or are they the AO Kavala 2021 Kits?

Yeah I agree with @Madmac79 I can't remember which PES edition it was (I think it's the fox engine ones) where the commentator said "you can't blame the keeper since he had an obstructed view with his defenders"! I am almost 100% certain that this is an issue! :)

Back
Top Bottom