The Master League adventures thread

1662681940319.png1662682005020.png

With the whole Olympiakos crowd, who are always passionate fans, against them, Pisces FC surges forward with an epic performance by RIVALDO and silencing the crowd!! Loved the Juke vs the keeper to show his quality!! A little early 2000's Barcelona magic for Pisces FC? Also having El Burrito coming off the bench is a great trump card to have!! Looking forward to seeing how this turns out!! :BSCARF:

View attachment 177107View attachment 177108

With the whole Olympiakos crowd, who are always passionate fans, against them, Pisces FC surges forward with an epic performance by RIVALDO and silencing the crowd!! Loved the Juke vs the keeper to show his quality!! A little early 2000's Barcelona magic for Pisces FC? Also having El Burrito coming off the bench is a great trump card to have!! Looking forward to seeing how this turns out!! :BSCARF:
Fantastic recount! Yeah, it seems between Rivaldo/Kluivert/Litmanen I'm unconsciously rebuilding that nostalgic team. Shame that probably most of the rest is retired or I'd pick more at this point :PP

Anyway, you surely know how to hype ML/career adventures my man:APPLAUD:!

Hey guys!

If you guys remember, I was about 3-4 games into my Sheffield Wednesday save in PES 2010, but like I mentioned in the retro PES corner, the patch had a few issues with stadiums so I decided to postpone that campaign for now (at least until I can find a way to fix the stadium issue, every single championship team plays in the same arena).

I definitely want to play with Sheffield Wednesday down the road, but it'll probably be in a different PES edition!

For now, since I am putting most on my energies in my Reggina PES 2017 save, I've decided that for a secondary ML, I'll play PES 2011 with Queens Park Rangers, once again in second division! :BSCARF:

1662957652397.png

They are HEAVILY changed. I traded away ALL of my best players, and now my highest ranked player has 73. :) They went from being one of the strongest sides in the Championship to one of the lesser talented ones! Pretty much rehauled the roster, although I did maintain about 70% of the team (the lower rated players).

Let's see how QPR does in this new adventure! Will keep you guys posted. :TU: :BSCARF:

Last edited:
Hey guys!

If you guys remember, I was about 3-4 games into my Sheffield Wednesday save in PES 2010, but like I mentioned in the retro PES corner, the patch had a few issues with stadiums so I decided to postpone that campaign for now (at least until I can find a way to fix the stadium issue, every single championship team plays in the same arena).

I definitely want to play with Sheffield Wednesday down the road, but it'll probably be in a different PES edition!

For now, since I am putting most on my energies in my Reggina PES 2017 save, I've decided that for a secondary ML, I'll play PES 2011 with Queens Park Rangers, once again in second division! :BSCARF:

View attachment 177618

They are HEAVILY changed. I traded away ALL of my best players, and now my highest ranked player has 73. :) They went from being one of the strongest sides in the Championship to one of the lesser talented ones! Pretty much rehauled the roster, although I did maintain about 70% of the team (the lower rated players).

Let's see how QPR does in this new adventure! Will keep you guys posted. :TU: :BSCARF:
Mate final idea!!!?? I assume your patch has by default Bundesliga.2 for second division and you used the patch switcher for English 2nd?

Yep Yep that was the case bro, why.. is there an alternate solution? :)
I would say, give a test with the default switch, Bundesliga.2 and check if the stadiums work correct.

If they do, it's something more complicated, basically hardcoded with the patch, and i have zero clue what causes the problem with Switchers.

But you will have isolated the cause at least :)

Ok bro so I started an ML with 2 different German teams, Bundesliga 2, and here are the results!

1663018165562.png1663018400986.png

They show different stadiums, but they are not the stadiums assigned in the Edit mode.. So even though the "same stadium" issue is resolved, the stadiums still are not linked as per edit mode..

It might seem like something small, and normally I wouldn't really care, but I just don't find it believable that Sheffield Wednesday would play in a stadium in the middle of the Amazon jungle. :LMAO: So anyway that's why I decided to change for PES 2011 for now.. At least until I can find a solution. :TU:

@slamsoze Thanks for the idea, bro!! :) Definitely seems like something "hardcoded" in the patch..

OMG dude TUS Koblenz was one of my ML ideas last night! I tried various exhibition games with the same team roster but changed the badge kit for each game, Koblenz, Saarbrucken, Annecy, Cherbourg and Como and still can't decide which league to start in. Dithering is my weakness🤪

Ok bro so I started an ML with 2 different German teams, Bundesliga 2, and here are the results!

View attachment 177796View attachment 177797

They show different stadiums, but they are not the stadiums assigned in the Edit mode.. So even though the "same stadium" issue is resolved, the stadiums still are not linked as per edit mode..

It might seem like something small, and normally I wouldn't really care, but I just don't find it believable that Sheffield Wednesday would play in a stadium in the middle of the Amazon jungle. :LMAO: So anyway that's why I decided to change for PES 2011 for now.. At least until I can find a solution. :TU:

@slamsoze Thanks for the idea, bro!! :) Definitely seems like something "hardcoded" in the patch..
It s a total let down that old trafford is not the real stadium instead it s the pitch slapped over another stadium that they have license for, look at the distance btw the goal post and the first row of stands...a mile lol

Ended my first season with Spezia (played 10 minutes games so it wasn't that long) in Pes 2021 at Superstar.. had more fun that I thought. Maybe it's cause my team is still pretty bad, but I have to say teams strength were more or less respected in the field. Season was very tough all around and I basically avoided relegation in the last 2 games, beating Crotone and Hellas Verona. While being overall kinda bad/mediocre Spezia do have some interesting individualities like Verde (some kind of poor men's Dybala, with his left foot, his "little technical man with balance" aura and the short socks :P) and Pobega (young midfielder with a great sense for runs in the box). Funny thing is that like half of my roster was on loan, so after Serie A ended I had to heavily reconstruct with my limited funds, especially in midfield and attack. Picked three regens from the youth (Giaccherini, Cvitanich and Mirante), fantasy youth J. Rice, and a lot of other youngsters. Will see how it play.

As for Pes 2008.. just one game to the winter market in a very inflamed first round. Will do another update in the next weeks after I'll find the strength to mount the videos and put them up :P

Long time, not updated my Extremadura ML. Still in Spanish Segunda, haven't finished the season, neither i remember my latest update here.

Add to this, that by the last time i've played, i have a lot of videos, that i am lazy to compose and upload.

So finding the soft spot, by the latest video i uploaded, i was in Matchday 23, hosting Huesca. We made a draw 1-1, and we remain in the top position, with +2 by the second Granada.

mlmd23.jpg

The match video:

In my realife save progress, outside of uploaded content, i am still 1st, dont remember the second team, still in a close position +2/+3 points. I must find time to fix my content, and continue the proper story.

And another match from Matchday 22, Alconcorn - Extremadura UD. Interesting and tough match, started tailling 2-0 and hardly inverted tables to 2-3.

MD22.jpg

Matchday 22 video

To conclusde i am in that point of season, that every match goes against me,almost every match starts with a 0-1, 0-2 against me, and i fight for a draw or a comeback. I hope i can keep the 1st position until the end. and win the promotion to Primera Division.

Ok, i thought about it a lot, here is a try-hard mode post :P :D

Still continuing my Extermadura ML save, and started another one in 2021 again, with a little bit updated transfers, the most significant of summer 2022.

I picked the team of my home town, AO Kavala, of Kavala City. The team competes in a created Greek Super League, edited over the Danish Superliga. For various reasons i picked that league.

I am lucky enough, the Greek League has 14 teams and a very similar system, the top-6 compete in playoff, after a round robin regular season, and the bottom 8 play some play-out, and after the bottom 2 play for relegation play-off. I am not sure about this part, cause Greek Super Liga makes me boring, just the basic details.

In my ML Greek league, there are 12 teams, the top-6 play in play-offs and the bottom six in another bottom-6 play offs, there is no relegation of course, but the winner of bottom-6 plays a final play off match with I CAN'T recall which team, for a European position in Europa League.

Well i am not a fan of play-off systems in football, but that's another story.

A few words about the League participants.

SLG.jpg

Panathinaikos, Olympiakos, AEK and PAOK are from the Greek "big 4". The teams with the most Greek championship titles, and the clubs with the most notable appearences in UEFA competitions, CL, EL.

Aris, Atromitos, Larisa and Panionios are "lesser" tier teams, they have some great history records,but in the current era, only Aris is competing with some serious hopes in the Super League 1, the "top tier" of the Greek Football pyramid.

APOEL and AEK Larnaca, are from Cyprus and are the fillers of the league, as i ran out of editable teams, when i was creating my Option File :D
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
PERA Club is a special club here,the club does not exist in the present, basically it has ceased to exist the last 100 years under that name.

It is the Matrix club of AEK and PAOK, it's obvious by the team emblem, which AEK and PAOK are clubs of Greek refuges that came to Athens and Salonika respectivelly ,from Constantinopole (Istanbul) . Those refuges were the PERA Club, before they did come to Greece, when they were still living in Constantinopole.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

And finally the team i am controlling, AO Kavala, from the City of Kavala, a city in the North section of Greece.

Well here i was planning to post some info about the City, its history, etc, but as the post is already to lond, and i lazy, i will keep it focused in the history of the club.

AO KAVALA means , Athletic Club of Kavala. It was formed in 1965 as a merge of 3 previous local clubs and in 1969 competed to Greek top tier level.

They haven't any significant league run in the top tier, they usually promote to Top Tier, stay for 5~6 years, then relagate. One of the best seasons must be, 1996-1997, when we finished 6th in First Division Greek League, but was unlucky cause Greece had 2 spots for CL, 2 spots for EL (UEFA Cup back then) , so they finished 2 positions below the Europa League (UEFA Cup back then). In the next 2 seasons, Greece had 2 spots for CL and 4 spots for UEFA Cup, so the 6th team could play in UEFA Cup.

So since there are no titles to win, the Clubs mission is to be the tough guy, and apply pressure to the dominant teams of the League.

Clubs nickname is "the Argonauts", inspired by the badge of the ancient ship Argo. Just to note here, the city doesn't seem to have any connection with the ancient myth of Argonauts, AFAIK, so i don't know how the badge was picked.

Notable Football player of the region of KAVALA:

Thodoris Zagorakis, former Greek NT captain and the Captain of the EURO 2004 team.
1665586069779.jpeg

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Zisis Vryzas, former Perugia and Fiorentina striker, had a respectfull performance in Serie B 2000 with Perugia , helping their comeback to Serie A. Did play for AO KAVALA actually, but for the football team of his hometown, a small town near Kavala, in the Region of Kavala and then transfered to PAOK. Notable presence to EURO 2004, he was the scorer of the goal against Russia, in the final group match, that reduced the score to 2-1, and despite the defeat, Greece promoted to EURO 2004 knock-out stage, with the know results!!! :D

Αs i cannot find the goal against Russia "edited-isolated", i post a goal of him playing for Perugia.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Giorgos Georgiadis, similar to Vryzas, coming from Kavala, played only for a low tier team of a small town, and then transfered to bigger teams of Greek 1st division. Also a member of EURO 2004 Greek NT team. Notable teams of his career, OSFP, PAOK, Panathinaikos and Newcastle.

Kostas Mitroglou , most known for his career to Olympiakos , also "played" for ARIS,Atromitos, Panionios, Galatasaray, Marseille, PSV, Fulham. Never played for KAVALA , until today. Has some personality issues, so he can't adapt to new clubs easilly. Exception was Olympiakos and Benfica, where he had some hot scoring seasons,IE in Benfica in 2 seasons, he scored 36 goals in 60 appearences.

1665587268967.jpeg

Special mention*, Sofoklis Schortsianitis, the basketball player, aka BiG SOFO, aka Baby Shaq. Born from Greek father and African mother. Sofo mops the floor with racists faces, and is a jewel for our city. Really proud here, that i used to know him personally back in the elementary school, great person.
c4e7ab72-schortsanitis_howard_greece_usa2006.jpg

.......and many others, in classics sports, or less significant,that i can't recall now, and no need to metion, as i am already too long post and slightly offtopic.

So, starting this save, i would wish to keep some strict house rules, but as far as i know me, i will not keep them, so trying to keep at as realistic and as simple as possible, the goal is to field at least 5/11 Greek players in every match, far more than most Greek Clubs field in our days, and in the 22 last years.

For now i kept it in reasonable level. Singed only as loaners, due to poorly low budget, Gervinho from ARIS Salonika, Kostas Mitroglou again from ARIS, he is a free agent by now, and always in talks with AOK, Isaac Lihadji of Lille, the French talented left-footed youngster, Levi Garcia of AEK Athens, crazy left footed winger from Trinidad and Tobago, shame that there is not anymore the Trinidad Nation Team.

The rest are Greek low rated free agent players that i gathered, and some low tier created player, i made in Edit mode.

Also for January i have succeded a pre-contract with my favourite Colombian Yony González, i can't wait to have him in the roster. :)

Starting the league, first match in our home stadium, Anthi Karagianni or Municipal Stadium of Kavala

1665588329998.jpeg

Matchday.1

Hot derby premiere, against ARIS Salonika, Aris means Mars, the ancient God Of War.

AOK-ARIS.jpg

Started with good game, won 1-0. Good come back in the top tier fligts by AOK !!! :)

aokaris10.jpg

The match video

Making things shorter and quicker now.

First comes fist, i forgot to mention, i also signed Manuel Fernandes (my usual ace :) ) and Edin Dzeko on loan by Inter. Fernandes, Dzeko and Gervinho, by the sequence i mention them, are the 3 captains of AOK, due to their class and experience, and because of their Teamrole (ML RPG elements :D ).

Against Panionios, away match in Nea Smyrni. This time, the low TS started to show its ugly face. Draw 1-1.

Just for the record, Panionios another team of Greek refuges from the city of Smyrna aka Izmir. The historic diffeernce of Panionios with the other refuge's teams, is that it was founded in Smyrna/Izmir, and technically transfered to Greece New Smyrna area in Athnes, after the popullation exchange, from people of the club that came from the East Side of the Aegean, Minor Asia. So pracically it moved its base, in contrast with most other teams of refuges, that were re-founded again in Greece, after the exchange.

It was founded in 1890.

Matchday.3

Another historic battle, against PERA Club, the Mother Club of AEK and PAOK. Match in our home ground, but we sucked hard :(

AOK 2 - 3 PERA Club

aokpera.jpg

Greek Cup, my bad luck in Cup matches in ML continues. AOK vs APOEL.

APOEL is one of the worst teams of the league. Despite this, they played in a very good level, and we could n't connect more than 2 consecutive passes.

cuup.jpg

The only good sidenote. It seems that the Danish Cup winner, does not earn a Europa League birth, if the official regulations in Master LEague menu are accurate. So apart from the chance to win the first domestic title in AOK history, we did not loose something bigger.

Matchday.4

Visiting Panathinaikos new built stadium (still not constracted in real life :) ) , for our first serious crash test of the season, playing against one of the Greek big four.

Great performance by Gervinho and Mitroglou, or Mitro-goal.

md4.jpg

Matchday.4 video

@slamsoze I think it's so cool that you finally decided to run a Master League with your team, AO Kavala! I was tempted to suggest you to do an ML with them! Are there any chances that you might qualify for Europa League? What position do you need to finish in and what needs to happen in order for you to qualify?

Also, I've noticed you have quite a soft spot for Colombian players! Maybe I can suggest a few that you could keep your eye on, especially if you need a nice side midfielder or attacking midfielder, I have a suggestion from my dear Millos. :TU:

Go Kavala! If you can play spoiler to one of the big clubs, even better!

EDIT: I re-read your story and you mentioned several paths to the Europa League! How do you see your chances in the league?

@slamsoze I think it's so cool that you finally decided to run a Master League with your team, AO Kavala! I was tempted to suggest you to do an ML with them! Are there any chances that you might qualify for Europa League? What position do you need to finish in and what needs to happen in order for you to qualify?

Also, I've noticed you have quite a soft spot for Colombian players! Maybe I can suggest a few that you could keep your eye on, especially if you need a nice side midfielder or attacking midfielder, I have a suggestion from my dear Millos. :TU:

Go Kavala! If you can play spoiler to one of the big clubs, even better!

EDIT: I re-read your story and you mentioned several paths to the Europa League! How do you see your chances in the league?
If you have some young cheap talents, drop them for sure mate. At the moment i need a good LB and a box-to-box CMF with good stamina. Also i see Colombian wingers have very top speed/accel stats, so if you have anyone like Berrio, mid-stats, godlike performance, i am all open to suggestions.

Yes i have a deep love for Colombia NT and players, it lays back to ISS and PES PS2 games. Long story, short, there is always a good Colombian in my squads.

As for the League, i repeat its Danish Superliga by default. Accodring to MASTER LEAGUE regulations, if it's not something KONAMI lost in translation, it says 1st goes CL, 2nd goes CL play-offs, 3rd and 4th go to Europa LEague, and the EUROPEAN Play-off winner goes to Europa League.

It does not say anything about the Cup winner, and there is a domestic Cup competition here, so i am really curious. FOr the moments, after reading the regualtions 10 times, i understand that Cup winner, is only a cup winner. :THINK:

Now as for my Mission. Well in an ideal World, ML would allow to add 3rd and 4th divisions, so i could start from the 3rd tier, as is KAVALA playing this year, or from the Lowest Division, and make a Road To Glory (RTG) , while i am promoting lower divisions.

Since this is impossible for known reasons, and since i can't sacrifice so much teams, to re-write over the Spanish 1st and 2nd divisions, you know you loose something, you win something, in my case i loose relegation/promotion drama, i win to league format with playoffs and create space for other leagues i want to fit.

So i will make a fantasy concept, i must avoid the bottom ,which is a hypothetical "relegation", and i assume it's easy, despite my team rating, i created a 2* roster. And then i must finish in the top-6, and apply pressure to the traditional Big 4 of Greece, AEK, OSFP, PAO, PAOK.

If i can finish 4th, it will be the best record in clubs real life history, and type of 50% realistic.

The ideal would be, for a realistic approach, to fight to avoid relegation in the first seasons, like i happens in real life, and then after 2~3 seasons, fight for the last ticket of Europa League.

But as Master League works like this, i assume it is impossible, just to finish 1~2 positions over the danger zone of relegation. Even ML by itself wouldn;t allow me to do this, as , FOR EXAMPLE, the suggested objectives for 1st season were:

1) Finish in top-6
or
2) Win the league
or
3) Win the Europe Play-off

So even if i would try a 100% realistic run, to finish 9th in 12, the ML would fire me, from manager position, with such crazy objectives. :)

1665643723911.png

I've been playing a PES 2019 Master League with Lugano in the Raiffeisen Swiss League for about a month or so. (Top Player, 17 minutes, with a gameplay mod which I've enjoyed and IMO makes things more balanced). Wanted to run a concurrent ML to my Reggina main save without necessarily making a detailed story out of it, but still trying my best and making it a challenge.

An interesting twist: I decided to start with ML original members, and it's been a fun ride. I've let go quite a bit of players, but I've retained about half of the team while tinkering, some of the most noteworthy players I've retained are Castledine (the Greek AMF with a very un-Greek last name, haha).. He's doing quite well, he's a creative player who has good passing skills and also dives forward in attack.

1665642167090.png1665642344669.png

Another noteworthy original team member that I've retained is Frenchman Sahnoune, at LMF, he's clearly a bet for the future. Even though only a 69 right now, I'm hoping he develops well on the left wing. I've also kept backups CF Goios, DMF Hettich, starting right back Giorza (who I also have in my Reggina story and is progressing very well in both campaigns) and a few others as I move along the transfer window.

But my major contributors (aside from Castledine who's done well), are top goalscorer in the league Guinean 23 year old CF Ze Turbo, who's been on a goal rampage, and my most valuable player this season, Brazilian DMF Marlon Freitas, who has been everywhere, he defends really well, moves forward to support the midfield and the forwards, overall a very good pickup for me.

1665647629002.png 1665642623186.png

I've also added Argentinean RMF Alvarenga, who's also young at 23, and one of my most important players, Nigerian Okechukwu, CMF, only 22 years old to shore up my midfield. I am clearly going for a youth movement here, as I slowly rebrand my squad and change it in order to be competitive. Also two important additions are Korean Center Back Han Heui-Hun and Greek Goutas (26 and 25), I really had to improve my back two since the original ML lineup is very poor in this regards.

1665642841652.png1665642859859.png1665642882404.png1665642909073.png

My expectations for this season are pretty low. The board said that they are aiming for 7th place finish or above, which in a league of 10 should not be too hard. Right now I am sitting in 6th place, 10 points clear of 7th place. The board doesn't seem too happy with my performance, as their confidence level is pretty low (especially after a 5-1 loss against Young Boys), but right now, with 23 games out of 36 in the season, I have 9 wins, 4 draws and 10 losses. The good news is that I am ten points above 8th place Neuchatel Xamax. My goal is to last until the end of the season without getting fired (my confidence level right now is in the 20's), finish in the top 7, and get my squad stronger for next season. And since I got ousted out of the Swiss Cup pretty early, my focus is completely on the league.

1665643459738.png

I've found the Swiss League quite interesting for several reasons. Being that it is only 10 teams, I have to play each team 3 times! That's something I wasn't quite expecting but it gives it a nice twist. In Switzerland, the champion goes to Champions League group stage, the runner up to a playoff. The domestic cup winner earns an Europa League berth along with two other teams I believe. So I might have to finish in the top 5 to have hopes for the Europa League. But honestly, right now all I'm looking for is to finish the season 7th or above and keep improving.

As you can probably tell, I'm quite enjoying this ride in this lesser known European League! Let's see how it keeps going while I play it alongside my main story! Even though I really love writing my ML stories, it is actually cool too to just play this secondary one and see what happens!

@slamsoze Will get back to you with more observations about your save/perhaps some suggestions for players!!

Last edited:
View attachment 182208

I've been playing a PES 2019 Master League with Lugano in the Raiffeisen Swiss League for about a month or so. (Top Player, 17 minutes, with a gameplay mod which I've enjoyed and IMO makes things more balanced). Wanted to run a concurrent ML to my Reggina main save without necessarily making a detailed story out of it, but still trying my best and making it a challenge.

An interesting twist: I decided to start with ML original members, and it's been a fun ride. I've let go quite a bit of players, but I've retained about half of the team while tinkering, some of the most noteworthy players I've retained are Castledine (the Greek AMF with a very un-Greek last name, haha).. He's doing quite well, he's a creative player who has good passing skills and also dives forward in attack.

View attachment 182183View attachment 182184

Another noteworthy original team member that I've retained is Frenchman Sahnoune, at LMF, he's clearly a bet for the future. Even though only a 69 right now, I'm hoping he develops well on the left wing. I've also kept backups CF Goios, DMF Hettich, starting right back Giorza (who I also have in my Reggina story and is progressing very well in both campaigns) and a few others as I move along the transfer window.

But my major contributors (aside from Castledine who's done well), are top goalscorer in the league Guinean 23 year old CF Ze Turbo, who's been on a goal rampage, and my most valuable player this season, Brazilian DMF Marlon Freitas, who has been everywhere, he defends really well, moves forward to support the midfield and the forwards, overall a very good pickup for me.

View attachment 182245 View attachment 182186

I've also added Argentinean RMF Alvarenga, who's also young at 23, and one of my most important players, Nigerian Okechukwu, CMF, only 22 years old to shore up my midfield. I am clearly going for a youth movement here, as I slowly rebrand my squad and change it in order to be competitive. Also two important additions are Korean Center Back Han Heui-Hun and Greek Goutas (26 and 25), I really had to improve my back two since the original ML lineup is very poor in this regards.

View attachment 182188View attachment 182189View attachment 182190View attachment 182192

My expectations for this season are pretty low. The board said that they are aiming for 7th place finish or above, which in a league of 10 should not be too hard. Right now I am sitting in 6th place, 10 points clear of 7th place. The board doesn't seem too happy with my performance, as their confidence level is pretty low (especially after a 5-1 loss against Young Boys), but right now, with 23 games out of 36 in the season, I have 9 wins, 4 draws and 10 losses. The good news is that I am ten points above 8th place Neuchatel Xamax. My goal is to last until the end of the season without getting fired (my confidence level right now is in the 20's), finish in the top 7, and get my squad stronger for next season. And since I got ousted out of the Swiss Cup pretty early, my focus is completely on the league.

View attachment 182206

I've found the Swiss League quite interesting for several reasons. Being that it is only 10 teams, I have to play each team 3 times! That's something I wasn't quite expecting but it gives it a nice twist. In Switzerland, the champion goes to Champions League group stage, the runner up to a playoff. The domestic cup winner earns an Europa League berth along with two other teams I believe. So I might have to finish in the top 5 to have hopes for the Europa League. But honestly, right now all I'm looking for is to finish the season 7th or above and keep improving.

As you can probably tell, I'm quite enjoying this ride in this lesser known European League! Let's see how it keeps going while I play it alongside my main story! Even though I really love writing my ML stories, it is actually cool too to just play this secondary one and see what happens!

@slamsoze Will get back to you with more observations about your save/perhaps some suggestions for players!!
Νice run. I played also a run with Lugano, back in 2019, at some point i got tired, and lost interest, due to have to play 4 times with each team. Although sounds interesting as a concept.

Okechukwu is always a beast in the midfield for me, always tend to buy and use him. And GOUTAS is a good signing in 2019. In 2016 he was a must buy youngster, as he was 21 yo, but still in 2019 he has decent stats.

@slamsoze bro, completely LOVE the idea of a Greek Superleague and the fact you created your home town team. It's also cool different rules like playoffs are respected as in that other danish league you moulded to create your own, I'm so out of the loop with this gen ML I had no idea they were so careful with those details.

Also happy I finally do recognize more than one player out of a ML of yours :P .

Well, what to say.. let's bring Kavala to glory! :GSCARF:

@millossobek Great you are having fun with Lugano man. Also nice to see another minor league they well represented. Hope you'll manage to keep the board happy :APPLAUD:

@slamsoze bro, completely LOVE the idea of a Greek Superleague and the fact you created your home town team. It's also cool different rules like playoffs are respected as in that other danish league you moulded to create your own, I'm so out of the loop with this gen ML I had no idea they were so careful with those details.

Also happy I finally do recognize more than one player out of a ML of yours :P .

Well, what to say.. let's bring Kavala to glory! :GSCARF:

@millossobek Great you are having fun with Lugano man. Also nice to see another minor league they well represented. Hope you'll manage to keep the board happy :APPLAUD:
Thanks for kind words mate. To be honest 2020 Danish Liga was a better candidate to host GSL, cause it had 14 teams, same ad Greece, but i literally ran out of teams there, and i am really very exhausted to do so radical changes after 3 years.

As for the League rules, although EA has the experience and the quantity, until FIFA 20 they had some flat rules, like 7 subs in the bench for every league.

Here, since 2015 and despite KONAMI usually prefers half baked results , they have given the attention needed, IE national teams have 12 subs, Serie A and B having, IIRC 11, Eredivisie too, the rest leagues 7 subs.

And the booking yellow/red card punishments, not sure if they mirror real life 100% , but vary for each league.

They have still missed some details, like Ligue 1 amd Ligue2 relegation/promotion system has changed since 2020, there are 3 teams relegated/promoted and Play out Play offs, but PES follows the old system, 2 relegated, 2 promoted, no playoffs at all.

But for PES standards, this is something I would expect to happen, so no surprise here.

@slamsoze Ok, let me see. So you need an LB and a CMF..

I'm not sure which patch you're using. Unfortunately, I can't really recommend a box-to-box midfielder from Millos. Even though I personally LOVE Juan Carlos Pereira, he plays really well in real life,according to PESMASTER, his overall score is only a 68. I think he is very underrated in PES.. Actually come to think of it, a lot of Millos players are a bit underrated IMO.

However, if you are interested in a creative midfielder who has good all around passing skills and good leadership qualities, I could recommend David Macalister Silva for a season or two. He is the team captain and even though he is a veteran and might be on the decline, he is kind of a Jack of All Trades midfielder with good vision that you can use on your bench or even start to move the ball around and organize play! :TU:

Last edited:
I am not using a patch mate. I only downloaded kits, i've created many other kits, and i am editing the OF strictly manually. So i pretty much use the vanilla database.

Well i checked them. They are both in decline, but the latter one, David Macalister Silva, could be used as a classic No10, in his current age, and all-around as a regen, at least for my playstyle.

For Juan Carlos Pereira, he got an update-upgrade in his stats, in PES2021mobile database, so i will update his stats via edit mode, and keep him in mind, for a future save, or for his regen version.

He has 71 OPR in the updated database. Just for an editing tip, a lot players have their stats update in the bridge version PES 2021 mobile data, which was an updated database published in 2022 to fill the gap of efootball not released.

https://www.pesmaster.com/j-pereira/pes-2021-mobile/player/128572/

From a fast check comparison betweem his 2021 and 2021 mobile version, cause the OPR does n't tell the truth, he got an upgrade in a lot prominent stats Offensive awareness, Defensive Awarenesσ, Ball winning, Stamina, Physical contact.

Last edited:
@slamsoze If I could give my humble contribution (I feel a bit ridicukous in front of you guys who played many hours more than me in 2021 lol), last summer market I bought a portuguese leftback named Pedro Amador for my Spezia, overall (at the time, probably he starts lower) of 75, can't remember how much I paid him but was surely a very modest sum. He's kind of a jack of all trades, a bit better in attacking, decent speed and good stamina.. I'm really finding myself at ease with him, anyway.

So... finally time for my much delayed Pes 2008 ML half season update about Pisces Fc old dudes :P

Standings :

2022.10.14-00.50.png

Top scorers:
2022.10.14-00.50_01.png

And top assist men:
2022.10.14-00.50_02.png

Was a really fascinating journey so far. I'm fighting point by point for promotion and it couldn't be more satisfying! Felt like all my summer signings made a realistic impact on the quality of my game.. on top of them all Kluivert, who proved to be an incredibly complete striker (not a case he's top scorer) capable of playing both short passes and high balls with the same proficiency, R.Kovac, who has been the defensive leader I lacked last year, and last but not least legendary Toldo, who double locked the door in many occasions in ways the yet good Roma couldn't. The other ones, Tiko/Brocchi/Ortega, all did their part, with the first two granting the midfield muscles and runs, and the last one usually coming in from the bench to revive things up.

The league is still such a tough cookie to break. Even after winning streaks or large victories, a cursing, different game is always around the corner.. which I'm really loving. Stamina is as unforgiving as before and I can rarely if ever put the same 11 for two games in a row.. which is a bit extreme/maybe unrealistic, but contributes immensely to the challenge. I've also passed the first turn of D2 Cup against Livorno.. was a really nice match but since here I'm playing strictly the second squad to save energies for the league, I don't expect to go too far lol.

Don't know if I'll be able to do much if anything during the winter market. Funds are very limited and the team is going well enough anyway.. I'll probably bet on the players I have and hope I'll make it to D1 by the end of the year with them, unless some good transfer out of the regens comes in help.

Was waiting to post this update before playing the second part of the season.. now I'll probably do it all and make one big end of season recount. Cheers!

@Madmac79 How epic would it be that you eventually meet River in a Cup Final, or fighting for promotion, and then Burrito Ortega scores the winning goal in the 90+ minute substitute in El Monumental? That would be really poetic. :TU: :BSCARF:

I'm sure you mentioned it already, but if you do get promoted, what league will you play in?? I love Kluivert too BTW. It's great to see that he's doing really well with your squad at a more advanced age! Really looking forward to hearing how the second half of the season pans out for you! Go Pisces FC! :BSCARF: :FISH:

@Madmac79 How epic would it be that you eventually meet River in a Cup Final, or fighting for promotion, and then Burrito Ortega scores the winning goal in the 90+ minute substitute in El Monumental? That would be really poetic. :TU: :BSCARF:

I'm sure you mentioned it already, but if you do get promoted, what league will you play in?? I love Kluivert too BTW. It's great to see that he's doing really well with your squad at a more advanced age! Really looking forward to hearing how the second half of the season pans out for you! Go Pisces FC! :BSCARF: :FISH:
Yeah, it would be really cool for that to happen. I even have Monumental in the custom stadiums just in case :D . Not holding breath for me to arrive there tho.. will be a miracle if I'll pass another turn :D

If I get promoted I'll play in Serie A.. can't help but base most of my MLs here.. immersion/familiarity wise is a too big of a factor. But I'll try to be a more varied in the future, I promise :D.

Yeah, Kluivert is fantastic and certainly my favourite sign of the buch. Classic big guy with good feet.. my favourite kind of number nine. Last season even Hamsun and the Gutierrez did very little with long balls.. he's so good instead when I just need to quickly kick away the ball and win an aerial duel. Have to say thank you again for suggesting me some exception to the 33+ rule :)) .

Looking forward to see how it plays out myself! :BSCARF:

So... finally time for my much delayed Pes 2008 ML half season update about Pisces Fc old dudes :P

Standings :

Top scorers:

And top assist men:

Was a really fascinating journey so far. I'm fighting point by point for promotion and it couldn't be more satisfying! Felt like all my summer signings made a realistic impact on the quality of my game.. on top of them all Kluivert, who proved to be an incredibly complete striker (not a case he's top scorer) capable of playing both short passes and high balls with the same proficiency, R.Kovac, who has been the defensive leader I lacked last year, and last but not least legendary Toldo, who double locked the door in many occasions in ways the yet good Roma couldn't. The other ones, Tiko/Brocchi/Ortega, all did their part, with the first two granting the midfield muscles and runs, and the last one usually coming in from the bench to revive things up.

The league is still such a tough cookie to break. Even after winning streaks or large victories, a cursing, different game is always around the corner.. which I'm really loving. Stamina is as unforgiving as before and I can rarely if ever put the same 11 for two games in a row.. which is a bit extreme/maybe unrealistic, but contributes immensely to the challenge. I've also passed the first turn of D2 Cup against Livorno.. was a really nice match but since here I'm playing strictly the second squad to save energies for the league, I don't expect to go too far lol.

Don't know if I'll be able to do much if anything during the winter market. Funds are very limited and the team is going well enough anyway.. I'll probably bet on the players I have and hope I'll make it to D1 by the end of the year with them, unless some good transfer out of the regens comes in help.

Was waiting to post this update before playing the second part of the season.. now I'll probably do it all and make one big end of season recount. Cheers!
Rivaldo scoring with the right foot , against Brugge. That's completelly busted!!! He would choose a rabona in real life, even from that tight angle. :D

As for the league run, awesome results mate. I know your roster started with the defaults, so can't expect big things,but if you want to keep up hunting the promotion, or the championship, i think you must improve your defending function (your team's not your personallly).

Speaking purelly based on the statistics. 19 goals conceded in 18 matches is a big number, not in sense of "git-gut", but that you place yourself in a disadvantage almost in every match, it's like 1,0555555 goals conceded per match. I mean it's like you are always on the ropes.

I remember you keep some strict home-rules, but i think it's time for Jaric to go back home!!! :P :D :)

Back
Top Bottom