The Master League adventures thread

As about my Extremadura ML, third season totally in ML save, first in Los Gokus, in spanish secunda, and fighting to promote to Primera Division. Still collecting my source material. In LaLiga 2 we are 1st place, fighting to keep the difference. In Copa del Rey, which there was a crazy dream, a dream that died again, but in a further point than usually.

The dream ended against Real Madrid in Quarter Finals, we did a good job. But against Real, the gap was obious. In the first leg, in our home match, we achieved one of the worst results possible, apart from a defeat, a draw with 1-1.

This placed us in pressure, cause in the rematch in Santiago Bernabeu, we started with a rope around our neck, 0-0 was advantage for them. So the David was forced to apply pressure to Goliath, and resulted in a humiliating defeat with 4-1, the score could be even more humiliationg, good job , but shame as we lost a chance, now focusing only on our promotion.

Copa del Rey, 1st match vs REAL MADRID, home

2nd match vs REAL Madrid , away

It was an interesting adventure , to be honest. We surprised the ML world, knocking out clubs like Villarreal and Getafe in our Road to #NOT Glory! :)

Rivaldo scoring with the right foot , against Brugge. That's completelly busted!!! He would choose a rabona in real life, even from that tight angle. :D

As for the league run, awesome results mate. I know your roster started with the defaults, so can't expect big things,but if you want to keep up hunting the promotion, or the championship, i think you must improve your defending function (your team's not your personallly).

Speaking purelly based on the statistics. 19 goals conceded in 18 matches is a big number, not in sense of "git-gut", but that you place yourself in a disadvantage almost in every match, it's like 1,0555555 goals conceded per match. I mean it's like you are always on the ropes.

I remember you keep some strict home-rules, but i think it's time for Jaric to go back home!!! :P :D :)

Yeah, Rivaldo already did scored a rabona for me indeed. Shame he didn't used it this time as it would have been perfect for the occasion.. still liked a lot that goal however, felt like I went too wide with the ball but thanks to his class I was able to close it in anyway.

Regarding defense.. you can safely say I could personally improve as well :D :P! Tackling and going physically blocking is a lot more "manual" than Ps2, really kind of not easy especially against agile dribblers. Cpu is also so varied you can expect goals in so many kind of ways. That said, I also agree I need to replace many of them guys.. when I'm able to line up R. Kovac (only good defender in all the roster) it's a completely different music, but with the stamina thing he can maybe play a game on two/three. I'll definitely invest more there this next summer :P. Maybe I could also study some kind of different module or try to play more with man marking/tactics/arrows, I don't enough of this and in at the current situation it could prove helpful.

By the way.. I liked the double confront there with Real Madrid of your Extremadura. Even if you losed it's "nice" to see Real playing as Real. You also defeated two Primera teams so I guess I'd still call it a success. I hate with a passion internal draws with goals as well in home/away confronts anyway, lol.. it sometimes bothers me more than a loss, where at least I know I have to go all out in the second game. The draw gives you this frustrating uncertainty when you don't really feel like you can defend, but you also can't go all out..
Anyway, hope to see the rematch in La Liga next season ;)

Last edited:
1665991183135.png

Long, somewhat tough first season for Lugano in my PES 2019 save. When we left off (link here), we were sitting in 6th place, with 9 wins, 4 draws and 10 losses. We finished the season with 13 wins, 7 draws, and 16 losses, which means we went 4-3-6 in our last 13 matches. Not the best streak of results for our team, but at least we hung on to 7th place, which was the board's objective to start the season. A bright spot was the play of Ze Turbo, acquired very early in the season and who finished as top goalscorer in the league, with 19 goals! :BSCARF:

1665991728902.png1665991232406.png

Even though management seems pleased that we reached the objective, performance needs to improve next season, as the board's confidence level in my manager is only around 25%. This was due to a horrible 5 game losing streak that we had in the middle of the season, one that we managed to recover from. Even though I don't really have too much money to spend in the transfer window, I'm gonna try to do my best to shore up the team's talent to face my second season in the Swiss League. The transfer windows have been very interesting, even moreso because I started with ML original members and trying to build my team from that starting point has been great fun. :)
1665991309887.png1665991344995.png

Here are two other standouts who played quite well in this otherwise inconsistent, very up and down Lugano season. Castledine (from the original ML team members, a creative AMF pictured here in our best win of the season, a smash and grab win vs league champs Young Boys, who ended up running away with the title), and Okechukwu, (a defense oriented Center Midfielder) who ended up being a very valuable midseason pickup. I need to reinforce my defense, I think I need a good Center Back to complement my team (-13 goal difference in my first season), as well as probably a good backup striker to Ze Turbo, since neither Goios nor Mihailov (which I've let go) did too well in the tough competiton of the Swiss League. An interesting transfer window, and an even more interesting 2nd season looks to be in store!

Also, if you'd like to check out my main Reggina ML story, follow this link! :TU:

Last edited:
@Madmac79 @slamsoze I accept suggestions for my Lugano save bros! (PES 2019) My needs at the moment are: an affordable Center Back, Left Midfielder (Sahnoune might leave, he has tons of offers), and also CF to complement Ze Turbo!
I don't know if i can relate, cause i play woth inverted foot wingers . And usually WF not SMF. By affordable you mean also youngster, or whatevs potential.

I can suggest two right footed, Nathan Dyer of Swansea and Jhon Murillo of Tondela.

https://www.pesmaster.com/n-dyer/pes-2021/player/44562/

https://www.pesmaster.com/j-murillo/pes-2019/player/61637/

For CF i always go obsessive with Roger Beyker Martínez Tobinson. He is 24 is PES 2019, so it's his last chance. ☺️😁😋

For CB, it's a big discussion, haven't find someone that i think makes the difference , usually go with a Veteran+youngster, or regen duo. Ricardo Costa is good enough, Tiago Silva, Dainelli, OG or regen always a decent Italian defender.

But in this game, despite the good physicallity, something is wrong between me amd defending. Don't know what still 🤠😁

Now that we are at it.. I've been wanting to ask for a while: what's you guys stance with regens in 2021 (or 19, 20.. whatever)? Now that i'm in january again I had another batch of (money wise) new high valued ones in my youth team, and I promoted Rojo as I needed a bench left/center back, but as much as I like him and the other few ones I bought, feels a bit like cheating to be honest lol. Do you guys give yourself a limit in this sense? Or just don't mind?

@Madmac79 Personally, I never use regens in my Master Leagues. In PES 2021, there's a great mod called "noregens" lua module, which I always use and it's been tested for at least 10 seasons, so that's cool. :) In the other PES, I just never sign them. It feels strange to have a 16 year old with the face of a 40 year old :LMAO: , plus it kinda lowers the immersion for me. I just stick to transfers and "fake" youth players.

No regens module: https://evoweb.uk/threads/no-regens-mod-1-2-ml-bal-dlc-7-0-updated.86495/ :TU:

Last edited:
Now that we are at it.. I've been wanting to ask for a while: what's you guys stance with regens in 2021 (or 19, 20.. whatever)? Now that i'm in january again I had another batch of (money wise) new high valued ones in my youth team, and I promoted Rojo as I needed a bench left/center back, but as much as I like him and the other few ones I bought, feels a bit like cheating to be honest lol. Do you guys give yourself a limit in this sense? Or just don't mind?
Now that's a tough question to answer. I am playing on console, so no mods here.

What I've seen by my runs and others, it's always up to your approach.

If you keep some strict house rules, just use them from the money only, loan them, sell them, etc.

If you are in a road to glory, sign the most prominent or those that fit your team, IE every Spanish regen has priority to be promoted in a Spanish club.

Now there is a fundamental flaw in regens, the vanilla starting players in ML database, have a very narrow potential, except for some expensive wonderkids, the rest players between 19~25 years old, especially if you don't happen to experience some Development breakthrough, with the flashing arrow, and that's more rare in modern PES.

So in many saves, i had players between age 22-24 that were stuck in an average OPR in the late 70's. The unfair is , that this player does play good, but with a max cap. in potential, while the academy throws you 16 yo regens in their mid 70's, that due to age and ML engine, can snowball in stats development, if the Development Curve allows of course. It's also tooo strict in new games.

Without development breakthroughs it's very hard to get away the limit of that curve, even if your player, plays since his first day, every day, and has top performance.

For example, in my current Extremadura save, im in Laliga2, but since i am in 3rd season in ML, it was impossible to avoid regens. Especially having Jesus Navas regen, who i. In love, and he is Spanish, so matches the criteria of my team, i just signed him.

There were 2 other cheasy Brazilian regens, with high stats, who i ignored, cause it would raise my team OPR over 2,5*. I would be too OP for a Spanish segunda team

Again in Navas case, i am lucky, cause in the most recent PES and real life, he was playing as RB, while he was SMF, WF all his career. So his stats, and his regen stats are more cattered towards SB position.

It's a mice challenge to use him, and try to "fix" his stats, in long term, using him only as Attacking Wing player, SS, WF or SMF.

So it's an eye for an eye here. :)

Now as for regens at general, i am a fan of them, i would just prefer the 2010-2013 system, being a little bit less Overrated when 16 years old, and the quality of my academy regen to depend on something, budget, club ranking, something, anything.

I do not want a Robinho regen, in my youth academy in Livingston,give me something more relevant in nationality and in stats.

Now passing from practical issues to more theoretical issues. What they have done to balance things.... KONAMI has a strange issue, and i am experiencing it in Yu-Gi-Oh too, when something is broken, their suggestion to fix it, is use something more broken.

So the regens, in s conspiracy veil, ive noticed that when used, those with average or lower OPR, are filtered inside the Team Spirit, as ive said in the past, TS comes in many layers, Real TS, masked TS (after teamroles), true TS, managers fsmilirislty TS.

So the regens, believe it or not, it's like scripting :) , as long as under the team role Youth Prospect, do earn more experience game after game, but play with a little bit handicapped stats, even in very high TS teams.

I have created a myth in my head, that ss in real life, when someone is young and inexperienced, he is more anxious and has more stress.

In short words, and in my eyes always, an 80 speed/acceleration Regen will not run according to his stats.

Once he gets past a higher team role, Youth Propect lvl.2, he starts playing according to his stats.

This is a personal notice, that except for Stamina, the rest stats do not work at 100% for some more average regens, with OPR between 69-75 rating.

Also, as someone said very accurate in the past, ML despite the 'progress", is still in its core the initial idea, a road to glory, start with the worst, suffer, sign "Babaginda", sign the best and win everything.

Even in today's standards, with the new features, start with Liverpool, change clubs, etc, the core idea is always that old one. Start, suffer, improve, win everything.

I think this is a lot obvious, cause IE in FIFA or FM, you can pick a team and finish 10th in a league of 20, for ever, or as long the mode allows.

In ML, this is impossible, evey time for a different mechanics, IE in the old games, it was GAME over due to PES points.

In PS3 PES the financial status would destry your club every Payment day.

In modern PES it is the Club owner objectives that push you to the glory. As the demands are always more crazy than the club status, lets say you finish this season 10th, the next or the very next season, the objective will be like, win the League, win the Cup or finish top6... In short words you will get sucked.

And a final observation, from my saves and most basically on other people's saves that last 20+ seasons, i really hope i can make a so long run in my save too.

The very first 5 seasons, regens break totally the balance, as i said above. But going over 10th season, most player in the database have already been regen, so a mew balance is been built again, cause the very first regns are now +9 years olds, and at general they are at ages of 22-25, and they have the OP development of a regen, so practically most players are either regens, or declining regens. So a balance is been established.

The problem is, almost nobody plays more than 2-3, or 5 seasons to realise this new balance in action.

And this contradicts with what i said above, ML is played with the core idea of the old days, Road to glory and play forever, more than 10-15 seasons .

A recent example I have, in my 2017 ML, which is more human and easy on SS than the new PES games, i had a club for 4 seasons with a good core of young OG players. I was always been eliminated in the CL or EL knock out stage, despite i was winning the League since the second season.

In the 5th season, i used regens, like Bonucci, Dainelli, Piti, Joaquin and i made easily a treble crown, League, Cup, CL, cause my players were snowballing in development. In contrast my OG players who were in young age when i started the ML, had like a maximum sofcap limit, they couldn't surpass ot no matter what, amd they would start declining, after 1 or 2 seasons.

@slamsoze thanks A LOT for this essay man! That was practically a master class in new gen/regens. Yeah as I imagined, to give yourself a limit to see if they fit the story/theme you have in your head is probably the best bet. I don't generally mind using them as well either but flooding the team would be too much. In the end, anyway, I consider them part of the fictional "world" exactly as the classic players (whenever/if there are) and in the abscence of another system, I can accept them as part of the internal narrative. There also are ones that while being real players I've never personally heard (sorry Cvintanich) so it kinda feels fair play anyway to pick them.

About the youth random players stopping to develop.. seems like the opposite of Ps2 from Pes 5 onwards :P, where more or less every youngster had a chance to become incredibly op. If I tell you the truth I like on paper the reverse idea that more promising players will develop in average/not top tier ones than the opposite, as it's way more realistic this way, of course there needs to be enough exceptions or it risks to be kinda dull. I bought this young winger named Amon, very good speed/acc/body balance and already good with an ovr of 71-72, would be kinda strange if at 22 years old he wouldn't at least improve significantly.

Well I had no idea board was so severe with coaches.. didn't even checked the objectives, if they'll sack me from Spezia now that i'm become fond of players and club in general I'll be kinda pissed off lol.

@millossobek I respect you don't like regens. For some ML/Careers I don't pick them up as well. It depends, again, on which narrative I wanto to build up I guess.
The mod you linked seems very useful, but honestly if it breaks the game after a number of seasons it's already not for me :P . In my mind the story needs to hyphothetically go on indefinetely, I'm already pissed enough at Fifa season's limit, I understand people who can but I certainly couldn't put one on purpose :P. I just wish somebody would develop a mod that randomizes names, body characteristics and growth curves of regens instead of just deleting them for good. Doesn't feel like something technically impossible, no idea why noboy ever gave a shot at it :THINK:.

@slamsoze @Madmac79 See here's the thing guys: I would also love my ML campaigns to go on indefinitely.. After reading slam's detailed essay and also madmac's observations, maybe I'll be open to using regens in order to make my campaigns go on for longer. But probably a midpoint, trying to seek a balance.

-This may sound silly, but the player's face is important to me. I could deal with it in PES 2013 or earlier, since faces are a bit more generic. For example, in PES 2015 onwards, faces got more realistic, and so having a player who looks like a veteran (say for example, a Robben, or a Pirlo face on a 16 year old) decreases the immersion for me. So if I were to use a regen, he would have to at least look in his mid 20's (have a youthful appearance) or at least a neutral face. Haha. Sounds insignificant perhaps, but to me quite important. :LOL:

- Not sign any players who are worldwide famous. Maybe the most "famous" I would sign would be a kind of Van Nistelrooy regen.. But something that is too unrealistic, say for example, Sergio Ramos, would probably detract from my immersion. I might make an exception with someone like Ozil or Modric though.. (once they appear several years down the road), since they are my two favorite European-based players in the past 10 years. But for the most part, the best part would be to not know their name, or have a cap on their previous fame.

The concept of after 10 years, the game returning to a balance is an interesting one.. Perhaps I could establish some rules: In the first five years, do not touch regens, and only sign "real life" players. But starting on season 6, start looking at the regens, that way a balance is better achieved and if they fit the criteria mentioned above, then go for it. I've never played more than 3 seasons in an ML story (My plan is to have Reggina as my longest one! The Comizzo Gunma United story lasted 3 seasons, avoid relegation, finish in the top 4 in my second season and winning AFC Champions League in the third.. I finished my Millonarios original story in 3 years, 2nd year I won the championship and 3rd year was Libertadores, semifinals against Palmeiras). Actually I'd like my Reggina one to go on for longer, and maybe taking a look at regens is the only way to go to make it sustainable.

Anyway, very interesting topic. Would love to hear more suggestions/opinions bros! :BSCARF:

Last edited:
I just wish somebody would develop a mod that randomizes names, body characteristics and growth curves of regens instead of just deleting them for good. Doesn't feel like something technically impossible, no idea why noboy ever gave a shot at it :THINK:.
Haha, I've had the same idea for a long time! :TU: The idea to randomize youth players would be a great one. It would be one of the coolest mods ever. Say for example, you have five sets of faces. An extremely simplified version of this mod would have something like the following "face-sets":
- Latin American players
- East Asian players
- European players
- African players
- Middle Eastern/North African players.

Of course there would be a lot of variation with these "prototypes", but you get the idea. Then take player names from already existing nationalities in the game and randomize it. Say an Egyptian player could be randomized as "Rami Salah", taking the names from Rami Rabia and Mohammed Salah, and then just randomize growth curves and body shape, perhaps with some limits.. (East Asian and South American players tend to be a bit shorter on average than Europeans or Africans, for example). Something like that would be awesome. :) But perhaps too hard to do? Not exactly sure since I'm not really a modder. :LMAO:

Last edited:
Yeah i know, they were big essays. I've posted thousands of suggestions in the past about regens.

The ideal would be an option to turn them off/on and switch between current system or random regens, like FM, FIFA, NBA2K, etc.

Or even better, have complete control, over the database. The ideal for me is a mix of randomised regens, plus some original regens, but after years, IE Messi retires and j 2023 and regens at least after 5 years.

Also one of my favourite suggestions, i think i posted the concept back in 2019, was the need of split in offline modes.

The first mode would be Master League, as we know it today, start with the ML defaults and make your road to glory. Regens like today in an infinite loop

And the other would be Football Life, a Career mode with no fake players at all, management with emphasis in realism, and randomised regens, no more so many 27 yo retired players,etc.And of course more realistic features,like sponsorships, financial and budget management, etc, etc...

As for the regens, i like them cause for some players like Robben and Ibrahimovic, it's like a second chance for them, as they retire too soon , in recent games.

But, despite i like them, i can feel those who don't.

A ML player i watch closely from the Italian forum pesteαm.it, does a lot ML saves with very strict house rules and NO REGEN policy at all.

By his multiple ML adventures, what has he recorded, he can go up to 7th season, before regens start being everywhere. Then he usually restarts, due to, even the youngest OG players in the database are 24 years old..

Concluding, it's from the few things that i am open to multiple solutions, not a dedicated fan of only one, but both games, PES and FIFA, tend to follow rigid policies on regens.

Well by now only FIFA, after the eFutsal fiasco, that's another reason i am now empty of energy and passion about those discussions...

In the past, giving suggestions and ideas , speculations, wishes, was of my favourite part of PES discussion over the years.

After the Offline treatment of eFutebol, i am really tired 😩, it's like something died inside me...

Last edited:
I actually feel the opposite in terms of discussions bro. :) I actually want to keep going haha. I've pretty much learned not to care about "efutsal" or whatnot, but I'm looking back, we have 20 years worth of football games to enjoy! My journey started with FIFA 98 back in the day, and played a lot of installments. I didn't make the switch to PES until 2017 (glad I did)! :)), and now I am amazed at the amount of games and different universes out there, how PES 2008 feels different from 2014, how they are probably both underrated, etc.. How I first started loving PES 2011 but now I'm probably liking 2010 more.. So much to discover, I feel like it's a lifetime's worth of footballing fun. :TU:

Last edited:
1666376655886.png1666376683051.png

@slamsoze Bro I just downloaded a Greek & Cyprus patch for PES 6 which is pretty cool.. It is for the 2019-20 season (available here) and it has Greek First Division, and a combination of 2nd division Greek and Cyprus teams! (unfortunately your dear Kavala is not in this patch).. I think it'd be pretty fun to try an ML in this edition sometime, but I'm not really familiar with the personalities of the Greek Teams aside from Olympiacos, Panathinaikos, AOK, and PAOK. (and these last two I only know by name, actually :LOL:) I was wondering if perhaps you could summarize a bit so I can choose a cool team to start with eventually when I decide do play it. Here is the list of teams in the patch:

AE Larisa
AEK Athens
PAOK
Aris
Panathinaikos
Atromitos Athens
Apllon Smyrni
Levadiakos
Asteras Tripolis
OFI Crete
Olympiacos
Panionios
Panetolikos
PAS Lamia
PAS Giannina
Xanthi
Volos NPS
Apollon Larisas

Platanias Chania
Trikala
Chania
Doxa Dramas
Ergotelis
Karaiskakis
Panachaiki
Pafos
AEK Larnaka (Cyprus)
AEL Limassol (Cyprus)
Anorthosis (Cyprus)
APOEL (Cyprus)
Apollon Limassol (Cyprus)
Enosis Neon Paralimni (Cyprus)
Nea Salamina (Cyprus)
Omonia (Cyprus)

You don't have to give me a detailed description of every team :LMAO: but perhaps highlight some who you think are cool and a bit of their personality or history would be helpful. Anyway, only if you want and have some time. :TU: Thanks buddy!

View attachment 183680View attachment 183681

@slamsoze Bro I just downloaded a Greek & Cyprus patch for PES 6 which is pretty cool.. It is for the 2019-20 season (available here) and it has Greek First Division, and a combination of 2nd division Greek and Cyprus teams! (unfortunately your dear Kavala is not in this patch).. I think it'd be pretty fun to try an ML in this edition sometime, but I'm not really familiar with the personalities of the Greek Teams aside from Olympiacos, Panathinaikos, AOK, and PAOK. (and these last two I only know by name, actually :LOL:) I was wondering if perhaps you could summarize a bit so I can choose a cool team to start with eventually when I decide do play it. Here is the list of teams in the patch:

AE Larisa
AEK Athens
PAOK
Aris
Panathinaikos
Atromitos Athens
Apllon Smyrni
Levadiakos
Asteras Tripolis
OFI Crete
Olympiacos
Panionios
Panetolikos
PAS Lamia
PAS Giannina
Xanthi
Volos NPS
Apollon Larisas

Platanias Chania
Trikala
Chania
Doxa Dramas
Ergotelis
Karaiskakis
Panachaiki
Pafos
AEK Larnaka (Cyprus)
AEL Limassol (Cyprus)
Anorthosis (Cyprus)
APOEL (Cyprus)
Apollon Limassol (Cyprus)
Enosis Neon Paralimni (Cyprus)
Nea Salamina (Cyprus)
Omonia (Cyprus)

You don't have to give me a detailed description of every team :LMAO: but perhaps highlight some who you think are cool and a bit of their personality or history would be helpful. Anyway, only if you want and have some time. :TU: Thanks buddy!
Hahahaha, that's a tough topic. I will give a sneak peek , and try keep as objective as possible.

First of all, almost none of the Greek Clubs is cool, by any means of rest European football.

In a club reputation scale, i would say: There are 2 cities that provide Greek champions, Athens (the capital) and Salonika.

So comes the big four, Panathinaikos or PAO ( abbreviation) , Olympiakos or OSFP (abb), AEK Athens or AEK (abb) and PAOK from Salonika. Then comes ARIS from Salonika.

Them comes Larisa or AEL aka AE Larisa, which is the only club outside of Athens-Salonika, that has ever won a League Championship. They have also won some cups, but there are also other teams that have done so, not in this patch list though.

After that, most teams are in the same tier, some seasons in 1st Division, then relegation or bankruptcy and back to the lowest division, and back and forth.

Now as for the history of each club, this is a little bit strange instance , each clubs has a historic record, but sports history in Greece os not counted in a straight line, for various reasons, mostly historical, social, and political, so to keep it short, it's like every club has a separate measure of football history.

So keeping it to the last 30 years. AEK, PAO, PAOK and OSFP are the usual title competitors , so I assume are the least cool for a Master League, as they are the bog boys, except for you aim to a European Championship cup, that none has achieved, Panathinaikos has participated in a CL final in 1971 and in 2 CL semifinals , 1985 and 1996.

From the rest clubs of the lists, regarding general history:

AEK and PAOK were established by refuges of Constantinople/Istanbul.

In the same context Panionios GSS, is a club form in Smyrna/Izmir, with the difference that the club was founded there, mostly as Classic Sports club, and had an exhibition only football department, and after the population exchange of 1922 , resumed it's function to Athens, New Smyrna, aka Nea Smyrni.

Aris Salonika was a power house between World War 1 and World War 2 and in the early years, when Greek League was unified, in the 50's, until then, they were playing in small regional divisions and the winners of each region were playing a kind of national Playoff competition, with 3 or 4 teams.

Apollon Athens,i haven't studied their history, but typically most teams that use the Ancient god Apollon as badge and name, are refuges from the area of Black Sea, or Minor Asia. I assume here it's the same, cause it's been renamed to Apollon Smyrni.

Then, Asteras Tripolis, Platanias and Volos is a BIG NO for me, sorry but that's personal opinion, as they are clubs without "history", even for Greek standards, they were just appeared suddenly, due to having a club owner with money, or merging with other clubs, or changing club name for taxes evasion reasons.

Levadiakos and PAS Lamia, are two teams from Central Greece, no big deal, and sometimes having questionable owners .

PAS Giannina hold their own story, i don't know it at all, and for a reason they have the nickname Ajax of Epirus, i don't know why honestly. While they seem the coolest due to the nickname, i can't relate with their team logo for some reason.I don't like it at all.

Doxa Dramas and AO Xanthi, are 2 teams like AO Kavala, coming from small cities of North Greece. Used to be all rivals, but very rare applied, as teams usual play in different lower divisions.

Also Xanthi is a BIG NO for me, cause for many years, they had as main sponsor the car manufacturer SKODA, well nothing bad here, but they changed their logo, being the logo of SKODA, while their current logo was smaller size inside that logo, and also their name, they were named SKODA Xanthi. Well for me that's unacceptable.

Kavala did the same at some point, was named PUMA new Kavala, due to sponsorship deal with PUMA, but lasted only for 1 or 2 seasons.

Also Doxa Dramas, Doxa means glory in Greek, so assume it's a cool name.

OFI and Ergotelis are significant teams of Crete, OFI most notable football club, but Ergotelis, IIRC has bigger history in classic sports.

Karaiskakis Artas, nothing significant, small city, and something personal, i do not like when they mix historical figures from the recent history with football or sports at general.Karaiskakis is a figure of the Greek Independence War/Rebellion. It's 200 years ago, but in contrast to the rest Greek history, it's very recent and "fresh".

But maybe that's only my taste on this, prefer sports and history, to keep some separate paths, and not the one intervent in the other, and vice versa.

I mean both of them are important, but serve different purposes.

For the clubs from Cyprus, they look cooler by colour combinations and logo designs, but again IIRC most of them have usually a deep connection to political groups, parties, or extreme parties some of them.

The problem is, almost n Greek clubs, by reading the name, or the nickname, or just watching the symbols used it the team logo, i can immediately identify, of there is a connection of the team with a left or right political ideology.

In Cyprus i always get confused, most time i am reading exactly the opposite, IE a name of a club or the symbol maybe seem as left or leftist, or whatever and in reality the team is straight connected or support far-right ideology.

As i said previously, i try to keep separate politics with football, especially when it is up to play a video game, but when a club has a continuous connection and liking to some extremist ideologies, it creates an inconvenience for me to use them.

Last edited:
@slamsoze Thanks for your detailed explanation man! I think whenever I start a Master League, it'll probably be in second division, with a Greek team.. I think I might go ahead and set up an All-Greek 1st and 2nd, maybe include a Cyprus team here and there, but I want to play with a HELLAS team.

Yeah I don't care too much about politics either, and much less in football haha.. No extremist ideologies though.. And definitely not one of the "Big 4" but take one of the smaller teams to glory. (Not that I have anything against any of the teams, after all my compatriot James Rodriguez is playing in Olympiakos now and doing well haha). Will definitely think about it and re-read your explanations and will let you guys know as soon as I choose a team!

I want to play 4 different ML's at once. Reggina, Lugano, already started one with Bolton Wanderers (will get more into it later!) and my fourth will probably be the Greek teams! Again thanks for your detailed description. Will surely take it into account! :BSCARF:

Read with great interest the posts above! Always great to learn new things about football. I knew very little about greek teams, except for the most famous ones.. glad to fill in some gaps.

Anyway, time for a small update about my 2008 adventure :D..

return round started with some mixed result, but after a few games I was still in the wake of promotion. Although I said I didn't care that much, most felt match up to that point has been the quarter final of D2 cup against Club Brugge.. a 0-0 in the first game, another very fought out in the second one. We almost arrived at the penalties until this happened:

Brugge's defenders brutally closing Ortega down looked a bit like watching Maradona being targeted in the 86' World Cup final.. with due proportions :D. Then the same Burrito realized that free kick (curiously first one I was able to put in almost 2 seasons.. I'm bad, I know) sending me to semfinals, and it all felt out of your usual good football story..

.. if it wasn't that after this game I had a league streak of 5 losses one after another! Luckily other teams fighting for promotion didn't really took advantage of it and after the 5th game I was at six point from the third place, but was a very frustrating stint anyway. My in universe explanation was that all our nervous energy was spent in that Cup game, in reality I don't know what the heck happened lol, just to say one Kluivert was costantly with the grey arrow for some reason I can't understand (not even the adjusting condition thing, which I generally don't use anyway, did anything to it) but all the team seemed really off. What eventually saved me was moving from my usual 4-3-1-2 to a more solid 4-4-2, with which I ultimately break the spell and won two games in a row (first one against the first River Plate). The current situation:

2022.10.26-00.54.png

Now it's ten league matches to go (and I still have to face Copenaghen and Besiktas among the others) plus the D2 semifinals against Goteborg and the eventual final.

Hope my old dudes will hold the fort!

The Wanderers! Can Okocha, Nakata, Campbell, and Donovan lead Bolton to Higher Grounds?

1666864806969.png

Hey guys! So, I finally decided to go ahead with my Bolton Wanderers Master League save in PES 2010, and what a ride it has been! I've enjoyed this story a lot. Also It's the first time I seriously played PES 2010 and it's been one helluva ride. I wanted to play this save for a long, long time, put some of my favorite mid 2000's players on the same English team and who better than the charismatic Northern English side which had some of my historical favorites already? So to follow that, I went ahead and made quite a few changes before the season started. Here is my Starting Eleven.

1666862640853.png

I decided to build a team around two great midfielders who I loved watching play, Jay-Jay Okocha and Hidetoshi Nakata! (They both played at Bolton BTW, even though earlier around the early to mid-2000's)! I made both Okocha and Nakata 27 years old, and tried to replicate their stats as much as possible for their latter part of their 20's (thanks to @vialli82 for the help!) In addition, a 31-year old Sol Campbell (I made him a couple of years younger to make his career last longer) is captaining the team, and I've also included Landon Donovan following @Silverdome94's very nice suggestion! It's the first time I have an American player in one of my saves, and who better than Donovan, who was perhaps one of the first and most famous USMNT stars! Also noteworthy on my team is Egyptian International Yassine Mikari (who is developing very well), as well as Croatian international Klasnich who has been scoring very well for me up top!

Eventually, I chose to play a diamond 4-4-2 formation in order to take advantage of Okocha's playmaking and creative skills. Nakata has been very consistent, running up and down the field and contributing all over the pitch with his stamina and precise passing. Campbell has held the fort well in the back, and another addition that I must mention is Romanian Ropotan at DMF (seems like I have a weakness for Romaninan DMF's, as I also have one in my Reggina save!) Klasnich and Donovan have both scored 11 goals apiece so far!

1666861772555.png1666861628660.png

Wanted to go ahead and things differently this time, and instead of starting in second division like I usually do, I wanted to take a historic mid to low table team like Bolton (even though they've been in second division, and even third recently), and improve them with some of my favorite players, and see if I can make a run directly in the 2009-10 Premier League! Also made a few changes in the league itself, bringing back Thierry Henry to Arsenal (I wanted to face him, not have him in Barcelona).

The League has been a mostly positive experience so far. I've had some really impressive wins against some true giants: 3-1 vs Manchester City, a 1-0 away win vs Manchester United, and a 3-1 win against Liverpool being the most impressive!! But I've also had disappointing results against smaller teams: for example, I've lost against Wigan, Aston Villa, and Sunderland. So it hasn't been all rose-tinted glasses for the Wanderers, even though my balance is more positive than negative. Following is a nice capture of Jay-Jay doing his signature Nigerian dance!!

1666861300125.png

Here's another nice touch.. I went ahead and promoted Castolo from the youth team early! Even though his stats are pretty low at the moment, I dunno, I just wanted to play with him and guess what.. He scored already one goal! Haha.. It was in my second match against Wigan! (I lost the first match, but came back with a vengeance in the second match in our stadium, beating them 5-0!) I brought Castolo in for the second half when the match was already decided and he scored the Wanderers' fifth goal! haha.. I thought that was a nice touch. Our favorite Brazilian doing good, at the young age of 18! Here we can see him jumping in joy and joining in the celebrations! :LMAO:

1666861392364.png1666861447695.png

Even though Bolton has been on kind of the low-scoring side of the table (not scoring that many and conceding few goals), it is interesting to see that both Klasnic and Donovan are in the top 5 in the scorers' table, with 11 goals apiece! (Didier Drogba is absolutely leading the Premier League right now, with 26 goals!) Jay-Jay is doing well too, with 5 goals to his name and third in the league in assists, with 7 so far! These three have been the motor of my offense and have been doing great. Also not to be forgotten: my backup striker Portuguese youngster Vaz Te (who recently scored a hat-trick), and also secondary striker Mustapha!

1666864144183.png1666864351465.png

I've already played 31 matches this season, as I'm going into my 32nd fixture against Aston Villa at the time of this writing! I've won 15 matches, drew 8, and lost 8, and there are only seven fixtures left to go until the end of the league! My goal right now is pretty straightforward. I want to qualify for Europa League next season! The road looks difficult but not impossible, I believe I have to finish in the top 7, and right now I'm in 8th place behind Chelsea, Arsenal, Sunderland (the surprise!), Liverpool, Everton, Man United and Man City. As you can see below, I'm standing firmly in 8th, with a 9 point league over Blackburn. I want to get into 7th place and get into European Cup contention for next season!! Things are very tight between #3 and #8, with only 3 points separating us from Sunderland! Anything can happen in these last 7 fixtures, every game counts double now!!

1666863561999.png

Finally, here is one of my goals of the season, in my 3-1 win against Man City. Who else? The Nigerian Magician!! So good they named him twice!! Stay tuned for further updates bros! :TU: :BSCARF:

Last edited:
@Madmac79 El Burrito Ortega with the clutch performance! He was definitely surrounded like 86 Maradona, causing the foul and converting!! Can Pisces climb into the Top 3 and fight for promotion to Serie A next season? That would be really something to see man! Actually come to think of it, we are in a similar situation, although fighting for different things.. Pisces is hoping for promotion while Bolton is fighting for European participation in our next season. Your league has 10 matches left to go and mine has 7.. And we are both right there!! Here's hoping that the old dudes can pull it off and that my guys get inspired as well! :BEER: It's gonna be a crazy ride for both of us for sure.

Last edited:
Oh! Right hahahahaha :LMAO: Yes I came to PES in 2017, but now I am tempted to rename him "Dotan"! That's terrible/awesome! :LMAO:
Jokes aside, in some older PES games, he had godly speed stats, he was one of my most frequent pick ups. I think i stil re-creating him as a veteran in my recent PES option files. Although it's difficult, cause in his last official appearence in PES 2014, like most players, the stats are a little bit overeated. From PES 2011 to 2013 he had a declining OPR from 80 to 78, and suddenly in 2014 he is present, 31 years old with 84 OPR. (like @vialli82 has mentioned a lot of times about database stats in 2014 and/or 2015)

Back
Top Bottom