The Master League adventures thread

And it’s Landon Donovan! Go, go, USA!!!
Was my first official team when i started Iss Pro Evolution (as i was/still supporting that nation)

i don't know why but i was good with them even against big teams, they were compact. Kirovsky(i) FTW!

@millossobek do you feel the Okocha and Nakata vibes? Well for Nakata i discovered him later (and even if weaker > i'm more a Nakamura fan. Loved Celtic, sorry for the Walker Texas Rangers fans 😌)

Nakata was often our opponent and was more european than japanese in real lol

Last edited:
Oh I'm loving this team. Nakata/Okocha/Dotan is a great combo!

Okocha and Nakata are like their real-life counterparts with your suggested stats tweaks. :) Jay-Jay is the gifted playmaker and street-footballer who is lazy in defense but is absolutely brilliant on the ball, Nakata is a mental leader with above average speed and stamina, not exceptional in anything but with good mentality and one-touch passing, and yes, Dotan is a bit overpowered in his speed perhaps (I think it's something like 91 or 92), but it's a joy to see him burst forward! Two other great additions have been the aging Sol Campbell manning the back and Ivan Klasnic doing great as a forward, not the speediest, but with a very good header and finishing in the box!

Long live Dotan! :BSCARF: :LOL:

Same as slam. Donovan was my pick up aswell as others US players, i don't know i loved them (Tim Howard on goal, lately Bradley etc. / and others in old versions i don't remember that much, except Winalda (with an Y) on ISS Pro Evo)

About PES 2014 database it's on the latest datapack, not the second but the one after winter transfers.
The first on PS2 is just following the old rules, pretty correct (and you can get the updated teams on 3DS Winning eleven 2014).

Fucking Windsor team, they killed the database with their absolute shit recruitement. Instead of taking real scouts... It was kids from Pesfan

@vialli82 here's a suggestion my friend: we want to hear your Master League stories! Have you thought of maybe posting one here? :TU:
😅 you ask me a lot, except of Chiesa story that i transformed in a monster with 35 goal on PES 2, i don't remember my old stories lol. And i wasn't that much into full stories, more anecdotes ;)

And recently, no more than 2 years then i stop the game whatever if it's PES 1 or 2021 (just like to make grow up some youths, i keep the same roster with one exception confirming the rule)

Ahh ok, yeah I remember you mentioning once that lately you preferred to play League or Cup rather than ML, haha that's cool. :) I just love ML campaigns just whenever you feel like maybe posting one here, I'm sure all of us will be glad to read it! :TU: Haha yeah I know I asked you this before. :LOL:

In fact : my real master league was like i said every Sunday with my friend (sometimes the week or another day when we missed a match, or busy on Sunday)
ML but with friends, and managing two teams, it was :PRAY:
If only we could've make grown players in league mode lol, but it's a bit illogic.

Edit: it's not that i prefer, but i was so used to play like this with friends... Then online on FIFA (PES PS3 i edited but played rarely, only came back for PES 2014 my guilty pleasure... But the ML was awful)

Otherwise, in 15-20 years forum and real life people playing ML... I never heard anyone playing Eredivisie even once. No mention, story, anecdote haha.

There's on it pretty great starting 11, but without PES i couldn't in the past told you more than 5 teams.

@slamsoze @vialli82 @Madmac79 @Silverdome94 Friends I need your help with something in my PES 2010 Bolton ML. I posted this in retro PES corner, but maybe one of you can give me ideas here.

Turns out that when I finished my first season with Bolton, three non-english teams got promoted to the Premier League! The patch I'm playing with includes Championship teams, but apparently I had to set up D2 before my Master League started to have these Championship teams in my save, and I didn't do it, thinking they were already included. Now, I am stuck with Independiente from Argentina, Steaua Bucuresti, and FK Partizan for my second Premier League season!

1667031470818.png

It seems quite unrealistic to have these teams in the Premier League for my second ML season, so now I am left with a few options:

1. I could export my ML team and start a brand new ML, (including stats, age, and player growth), but here's the problem: I qualified for the Europa League! (haha, didn't want to reveal this spoiler yet, but I guess I have to in order to explain the ML issue). The fact that I qualified for the Europa League makes it difficult, because the first ML season by default doesn't have Bolton participating in any international championships.

2. I could play Europa League only, meaning set it up with the teams that qualified for it and play it as a Cup and continue my story like that. But in that case, it would be pretty much the end of my ML.

3. This sounds very difficult actually, but if I could find a way to edit my Master League and change these three teams to three English Championship teams that would be ideal.. But it probably seems like an impossible task.

4. Continue on like this, but the problem would be that after a few years, I run the risk of having a Premier League filled with non-English teams!

If you guys can help me with any other options or ideas for this that would be great. I'd love to continue this save, it's too bad that I didn't set up D2 with the Championship teams to begin with, as I assumed they were automatically included! But I really want to find a way around it. Maybe you guys can tell me which one of the four options you prefer, or even better, if you have any other ideas, that would be really cool. :)

That's the issue with post PES 2011 database : no patch with second divisions...
I don't remember if PESEDIT added teams / if it was possible / to complete the D2. I think, there's 5 choice.
You took the wrong patch pal :(

@vialli82 Here's the thing bro: This 2010 patch does have Championship teams! It has kind of a "switcher" that includes all of the Championship teams, the thing is that I didn't set up these teams in my D2 before Master League started,, so I'm right now looking for some kind of work-around. I want to continue my ML, but I also want to play Europa League.. And having my Premier League filled with non-English tems is not realistic. Hmmmm..

@slamsoze @vialli82 @Madmac79 @Silverdome94 Friends I need your help with something in my PES 2010 Bolton ML. I posted this in retro PES corner, but maybe one of you can give me ideas here.

Turns out that when I finished my first season with Bolton, three non-english teams got promoted to the Premier League! The patch I'm playing with includes Championship teams, but apparently I had to set up D2 before my Master League started to have these Championship teams in my save, and I didn't do it, thinking they were already included. Now, I am stuck with Independiente from Argentina, Steaua Bucuresti, and FK Partizan for my second Premier League season!

View attachment 184733

It seems quite unrealistic to have these teams in the Premier League for my second ML season, so now I am left with a few options:

1. I could export my ML team and start a brand new ML, (including stats, age, and player growth), but here's the problem: I qualified for the Europa League! (haha, didn't want to reveal this spoiler yet, but I guess I have to in order to explain the ML issue). The fact that I qualified for the Europa League makes it difficult, because the first ML season by default doesn't have Bolton participating in any international championships.

2. I could play Europa League only, meaning set it up with the teams that qualified for it and play it as a Cup and continue my story like that. But in that case, it would be pretty much the end of my ML.

3. This sounds very difficult actually, but if I could find a way to edit my Master League and change these three teams to three English Championship teams that would be ideal.. But it probably seems like an impossible task.

4. Continue on like this, but the problem would be that after a few years, I run the risk of having a Premier League filled with non-English teams!

If you guys can help me with any other options or ideas for this that would be great. I'd love to continue this save, it's too bad that I didn't set up D2 with the Championship teams to begin with, as I assumed they were automatically included! But I really want to find a way around it. Maybe you guys can tell me which one of the four options you prefer, or even better, if you have any other ideas, that would be really cool. :)
Seems you have 2 options , reagarding the ML save itself.

1) Either restart it, and apply the fixes (if it's possible)

2) Or continue as it is, with foreign teams in your Premier League and forget the 100 realistic view, it's Master League after all...

@slamsoze I'm actually more tempted in starting all over again, this time with the right Championship teams in D2, and start from scratch.. Since really having an "international Premier League" would really decrease the immersion for me, but anyway I'm gonna wait to hear a few more opinions/suggestions, and go from there! It would be a shame to waste the "Europa League" qualification, but starting again from scratch seems like the more immersive solution for now. Let's see what other ideas come up. :)

@slamsoze I'm actually more tempted in starting all over again, this time with the right Championship teams in D2, and start from scratch.. Since really having an "international Premier League" would really decrease the immersion for me, but anyway I'm gonna wait to hear a few more opinions/suggestions, and go from there! It would be a shame to waste the "Europa League" qualification, but starting again from scratch seems like the more immersive solution for now. Let's see what other ideas come up. :)
If you wait for a sollution, that will help you, swap the teams while the ML save is already running, then sorry to disapoint you, but possibly it will not come. Even if there does exist a tool, it will pretty sure crash your ML after some seasons, or create some ghost players, or ghost AUSTRIA or IRELAND NT teams in clubs spots.

Also the PES 2010 is a little bit strange, as it was the first year that the this league structure, based on countries was introduced. IRRC by the vanilla game, which past years since i played, it was more rigid to edit the League Structure, even by edit mode. Not as flexible as it is from 2011 and latter.

I had an issue , while setting up my MAster League in 2010, not sure if it is related to that PES 2010 legacy issue, or due to the patch i was using , or the selector of that patch, PESEDIT patch, but i had the Bundesliga option in swithcer, and only wanted to move HSV to 2nd Division and start a ML, but in the EDIT mode, the teams i was allowed to swap with D2 teams, were very limited, like 3 teams from Rest of Europe, some EPL teams, and something else, the rest were hard-locked, or seemed to be, cause i have forgotten how i used to edit the LEague structure, back at the days. :)

Last edited:
Ok bros! So I didn't really want to tinker with it or think about it too much, so I just went ahead and started a Brand-New ML Save with my BOLTON WANDERERS! :BSCARF: :TU:

This time, I made sure I put the best 20 teams from the English Championship 2009-10 season in D2!

1667104779657.png

And another important change! I made my "CORE 4"of OKOCHA, NAKATA, LANDON "DOTAN" DONOVAN, and SOL CAMPBELL 2 years younger than in my original save, to give the core 4 even more longevity!

1667105441141.png

Here we go again!! I'd like to make this a long-term save!! :BSCARF: :TU: Let's take the Wanderers to glory!

1667427216813.png

My first Regen player ever! Salvatore Bochetti. I was looking for a young Center Back with a good growth curve, and good all-around defensive stats, and he seems to fit the bill perfectly! Plus, I think he fits in with my Reggina team very well. I want to keep my regens a bit low for now, but still wanted to celebrate this signing as it is the first time I use any regen in any of my campagins. :) I also like Bochetti because he's not too famous, and gives an Italian presence in the back of quite an international team! :TU: :RSCARF:

I've always wanted to ask about a full Eredivisie for a PES 5 or 6 patch, but never had the courage to 😂

I could do it in PES 4 though!
Usually it's the opposite, they often dismantle either Eredivisie or Ligue 1, or some times both of them, on PES 6 patches, in order to create Bundesliga and the regional liga the patch is after, IE greek patches create Greek liga, Serbian patches Serbian liga, etc, and the French, Dutch clubs end up in Rest of Europe/Others.

Hey bros! After much playtesting, I've decided to run my second Bolton Wanderers season in a different edition! The reason for this is actually quite simple: Even though I really liked some aspects of PES 2010, after playing one season of it I'm ready to try a different gameplay and a different edition. My idea is to keep the core of my team intact (Okocha, Nakata, Donovan, Campbell), but probably a different supporting cast!

Right now I'm thinking of the following options: PES 5, PES 6, PES 2008, PES 2011, or PES 2014. Will let you guys know soon which one I choose! :TU:

Hey bros! After much playtesting, I've decided to run my second Bolton Wanderers season in a different edition! The reason for this is actually quite simple: Even though I really liked some aspects of PES 2010, after playing one season of it I'm ready to try a different gameplay and a different edition. My idea is to keep the core of my team intact (Okocha, Nakata, Donovan, Campbell), but probably a different supporting cast!

Right now I'm thinking of the following options: PES 5, PES 6, PES 2008, PES 2011, or PES 2014. Will let you guys know soon which one I choose! :TU:
My vote for PES 2014 :)

How come buddy? Would love to hear your explanation/reasoning for this edition! :TU:
PES 2014 has the less content available, videos, master league stories, etc. And the PES 2014 ML format while being barebones, it helps to the approach you want to give, play 1-2 or 2-3 seasons.

Plus 2014, don't know if it is the photorealism or the colous , but it is pretty watchable. It's the best in visuals in PS3 generation, and still keeps the realistic lighting, that was scrapped in PS4.

Cool! The only thing is.. I have to now find a patch that has Bolton Wanderers. Remember I was telling you I used Fire Patch? It seemed good at first but it has a lot of fake players, and some of the other patches have that "data date" issue.. Any patches you can recommend that are licensed and are playable with Bolton? :)

EDIT: oh and of course you remember, I'm on PC. :)

Cool! The only thing is.. I have to now find a patch that has Bolton Wanderers. Remember I was telling you I used Fire Patch? It seemed good at first but it has a lot of fake players, and some of the other patches have that "data date" issue.. Any patches you can recommend that are licensed and are playable with Bolton? :)

EDIT: oh and of course you remember, I'm on PC. :)
Yes mate i remember it, but i forgot fire patch does have issues. In PTEpatch that i have, IIRC there is Bolton, cause i have a ML with Leeds competing in EFL.

Ready to go friends! Found Okocha and Nakata faces created on youtube, applied the changes, created Donovan (Dotan :LOL: ) and Campbell faces from scratch (haha not 100% but looks close enough I guess!) and I'm all ready to go with PESEdit patch PES 2014! Still getting the hang of this one! PA 1 feels like PA 0.5, PA 2 feels like PA 0.8 (which is a good thing, I will stick with this one!), and even more of a change, defending is completely different in this edition! But I'm liking it so far! Some small stats changes here to make it a little more realistic and I'm all set!!

1667722494342.png1667722735492.png1667849422641.png1667722659090.png

@slamsoze @Madmac79 Would love to hear how your stories are going bros! :BSCARF: :TU:

Last edited:
View attachment 186029

Ready to go friends! Found Okocha and Nakata faces created on youtube, applied the changes, created Donovan (Dotan :LOL: ) and Campbell faces from scratch (haha not 100% but looks close enough I guess!) and I'm all ready to go with PESEdit patch PES 2014! Still getting the hang of this one! PA 1 feels like PA 0.5, PA 2 feels like PA 0.8 (which is a good thing, I will stick with this one!), and even more of a change, defending is completely different in this edition! But I'm liking it so far! Some small stats changes here to make it a little more realistic and I'm all set!!

View attachment 186030View attachment 186035View attachment 186034View attachment 186033

@slamsoze @Madmac79 Would love to hear how your stories are going bros! :BSCARF: :TU:
Wow, are all those faces created with in game editor? Even Campbell?

Back
Top Bottom