The Master League adventures thread

Almeria at home.
Easy præst, went 3-0 up after 10 min and completely destroyed them.
Then late first half a odd attack from them,curled shot hits my post and they score on the rebound.
3-1.
Second half I came out all attack like the start of the game, made 4-1 in the 55th min and controlled the game, but became a bit to offensive minded instead of closing the game.
Almeria on a counter attack 4-2!
Pissed of I couldn't keep a clean sheet ,but a 4-2 win is decent.
3rd in the league behind unbeaten RM and Barca and a gap down to 4th place.
Team and season are looking good!
IMG_20220820_193827.jpgIMG_20220820_193853.jpg

Next game Villareal away.
A real challenge.

Btw need to post this.
Sexiest menu ever.

Back to Pes 2015 again.
Villareal away.
It's a team that plays short passing and possession based football and I knew pressing them too high would get me in trouble.
First 10 min and I was under siege, they just kept at me.
Managed to get a grip with a few chances after 15-20 min.

1-0 me came after 24 min after a great attack and a nice rebound finish.
Decided to be even more cautious after that, switched to a 4-5-1 setup and kept pressing around mid pitch and trying to get them out to the wings.
Had a great game and I almost snuck in the upset win.
But....

Can't praise this game enough when used to it, CPU is fantastic and keeps surprising me constantly,proper player and team ID in this one.
Next game the Sevilla derby away (probably me first loss if not playing great)

PES 2020 HSV Master League.

Another slap in the face, this time by BvB. Seems that a curse against the Bundesliga teams has been built. Except for Bayern, we did not achieve to win anyone else till now, recently. That's the main reason, we starting free fall from the top of the table again, from 2nd position, we got to 5th-6th place.

HSV 1 - 2 BvB

Next match, some "relaxation" against SSD Palermo.

PALERMO 1- 3 HSV the final score looks easier than the match was itself. Until 62' we were 0-0, and a breakthrough was needed to take down Palermo's defense line.

At the end of Matchday.24 , despite the win, our position looks not good enough. Being in 5th position, loosing contact , not only with the top, but also with the top-3 positions, and if the Domestic Cup is not something Bayern-BvB again, we will probably loose the spot to qualify to next year's Europa League... Only if we win the Europa League this year, seems a safe road to next season's CL!!! :P :P :D

Next month coming the knock-out stage of 32 in Europa League, forgot to check who we are going to face!! :)

In the meantime, Viktor Tsygankov, our main RWF, was sold in the winter transfer window, we intented to keep the player in roster, but the offer was too good to reject, something around 30mil €... So everything and everyone has a price!!! ;)

His replacement will be Pabli Piatti (regen) from Youth Academy, the Poor man's Messi, as i call him, a very lovely regen, that i've used a lot of times in the past PES games, in ML... Let's hope he will settle up soon enough!!! For the LWF we bought also Ismaila Sarr by Watford. He has very decent stats, and god-speed stats, but it seems he needs time to get used to our gameplan.

League Table after 24 matches

Χωρίς τίτλο.jpg

PES 2020 HSV Master League.

Another slap in the face, this time by BvB. Seems that a curse against the Bundesliga teams has been built. Except for Bayern, we did not achieve to win anyone else till now, recently. That's the main reason, we starting free fall from the top of the table again, from 2nd position, we got to 5th-6th place.

HSV 1 - 2 BvB

Next match, some "relaxation" against SSD Palermo.

PALERMO 1- 3 HSV the final score looks easier than the match was itself. Until 62' we were 0-0, and a breakthrough was needed to take down Palermo's defense line.

At the end of Matchday.24 , despite the win, our position looks not good enough. Being in 5th position, loosing contact , not only with the top, but also with the top-3 positions, and if the Domestic Cup is not something Bayern-BvB again, we will probably loose the spot to qualify to next year's Europa League... Only if we win the Europa League this year, seems a safe road to next season's CL!!! :P :P :D

Next month coming the knock-out stage of 32 in Europa League, forgot to check who we are going to face!! :)

In the meantime, Viktor Tsygankov, our main RWF, was sold in the winter transfer window, we intented to keep the player in roster, but the offer was too good to reject, something around 30mil €... So everything and everyone has a price!!! ;)

His replacement will be Pabli Piatti (regen) from Youth Academy, the Poor man's Messi, as i call him, a very lovely regen, that i've used a lot of times in the past PES games, in ML... Let's hope he will settle up soon enough!!! For the LWF we bought also Ismaila Sarr by Watford. He has very decent stats, and god-speed stats, but it seems he needs time to get used to our gameplan.

League Table after 24 matches

View attachment 174581
Looking good in the table.
Too bad Vs BVB.
You'll bounce back

Derby days in Sevilla.
Sevilla FC vs Real Betis.
Pes 2015.

This match was two teams not giving up any space, more important not to lose than win.
A couple of chances per team, lots of hard hitting midfield play, tough tackling at the back.
No team was really getting any 100% chances.

So late late 2nd half, 87th min this happened.
Would it end 0-0 or not?
Really an enjoyable game.

Derby days in Sevilla.
Sevilla FC vs Real Betis.
Pes 2015.

This match was two teams not giving up any space, more important not to lose than win.
A couple of chances per team, lots of hard hitting midfield play, tough tackling at the back.
No team was really getting any 100% chances.

So late late 2nd half, 87th min this happened.
Would it end 0-0 or not?
Really an enjoyable game.
Great win there. Were the fans applausing in the end? "Sevilla, Sevilla"?

Man all you guys recounts/videos made me install 15 again lol. Had a couple of lovely friendlies. Looks also really better than I remember it to (probably.. surely, even thanks to the fact I bought a a new monitor in the meantime). It's also really light on my cpu. There is this strange thing that both Fifa and Pes 15 are immensely less stressing than both 14s.. go figure lol. Time to download a proper patch and I'll be all over it.

Man all you guys recounts/videos made me install 15 again lol. Had a couple of lovely friendlies. Looks also really better than I remember it to (probably.. surely, even thanks to the fact I bought a a new monitor in the meantime). It's also really light on my cpu. There is this strange thing that both Fifa and Pes 15 are immensely less stressing than both 14s.. go figure lol. Time to download a proper patch and I'll be all over it.
Think you'll like this game,I've found that I had to approach both Def and attacking differently than in more modern games, CPU is much more advanced and smart and doesn't rely solely on cheating.
Might take you a while to get used to it, but for me I can't really go back and play 17-18-19-20 right now

Jesus this game has tested my patience today.
I'm really in a bad form right now.

Real Betis 0-1 Real Madrid
Malaga 0-1 Real Betis
Real Betis 1-3 Granada
Real Betis 0-2 Atletic Bilbao
Barcelona 1-0 Real Betis

Real Betis 2-2 Eibar (this game
almost cost me a controller)
Missed penalty, crossbar 2 times, post 3 times and a sending off for me.
The only upside i came back from a 2-1 deficit.
Real Betis 0-2 Espanyol
Real Betis 0-1 Sociedad (cup)
Sociedad 1-2 Real Betis (cup and lost on penalties)
Valencia 0-2 Real Betis
Real Betis 0-0 Sociedad.

I'm having such a hard time scoring, even gone up to 20 min games to be able to create more, CPU doesn't need many chances but I keep missing.
Made 5 signings so far ,all 77-83 ovr to boost my 70 overall team.
2 CB 1 LB 1 DM 1 CM.
I'm in 4th position after 21 games ,2 points down to 5th and 2 points up to ,3rd.
So still in good position.

Haha me too. Grabbed my old PS4 from the attic yesterday night to play some friendlys. Had re-bought a copy of PES 15 a few months ago, after I read some other thread here.
Guess I will buy a cheap copy for Xbox as I'm on Xbox Series X nowadays.

Just a heads up @slamsoze, your 2015 club no longer exists, it's been my ved twice and has its name changed too
Yes lately seems i am that guy that brings jinx and bad luck , every selection of mine is questionable.

I noticed Llagostera doesn't exist, last winter i think, when i started the ML, and recently noticed that Extremadura, my other LaLiga pick from PES 2020-2021 was also dismissed about 6 months ago.

As i see, last May they were liquidated and formed a new team, CD Extremadura 1924!!!

I must be more careful, whoever i love vanishes!!! 🤣

Yes lately seems i am that guy that brings jinx and bad luck , every selection of mine is questionable.

I noticed Llagostera doesn't exist, last winter i think, when i started the ML, and recently noticed that Extremadura, my other LaLiga pick from PES 2020-2021 was also dismissed about 6 months ago.

As i see, last May they were liquidated and formed a new team, CD Extremadura 1924!!!

Ha ha ,please pick man city/PSG

Mate, let me sell you a LOVELY italian red and yellow team, with such great coach and players.. I bet they'll be PERFECT for your next ML adventure.. :PP :LOL:

Mate, let me sell you a LOVELY italian red and yellow team, with such great coach and players.. I bet they'll be PERFECT for your next ML adventure.. :PP :LOL:
I assume you mean crimson red :P

Well adding to this, as long as i am managing HSV, in ML or CM, they haven't managed to promote back to BL in real life.. :P

And speaking of HSV, i was curious if Sonderjyske would find a way to piss me really off ...And they did it :D

Last edited:
Hmm,been playing a lot of Pes 15 and I'm starting too be a bit tired of it.
Mainly how the CPU always manage to get passed my Def, 3 chances and two goals pretty much.
Maybe it's my defending being based on newer games and this ai is smarter, don't know.
But it's a bit cheaty at times.
Me it's 15 shots and still 1 goal per match.

Might try and play as a great team to see if it's just my pretty bad team being the reason.
Too bad though, I've had 7 penalties in 21 games , and two in my last, that's more penalties combined for Pes 18-19-20 for me

That makes 4 of us! Funnily enough, I'm also starting to get the PES 15 bug! I've played a few friendlies and have been pleasantly surprised at how different it feels!

I might start a Brazilian second division adventure in 2015 after my Reggina story. Then again, that's still kind of a ways away yet! :)

Soo.. update time for me too, I guess :). Finished the first round of matches and that's the situation:

Pisces FC sit in a sad 11th place, 8 points from the third promotion spot.. the ride was harder then expected. Things are tougher especially in the middle, where there isn't much quality or strength either. And no forward in the actual roster is really giving me many guarantees. I'm still playing with the default 3-4-1-2.. but things might change soon.

Anyway, the usual highlights (previous ones are on the channel):

Even tho I lost one and draw the other, matches with turkish powerhouses Galatasary and Fenerbahce were the nicer ones; too many legends combined like Alex, Roberto Carlos, Arda Turan, Hasan Sas, Hakan Sukur and so on. In the double D2 Cup match, Goteborg got the best of me; I scored first in both matches, but they got back at me in the same exact fashion for a 1-2 and 2-1.. a complessive 4-2 for the swedens.

I closed up the round with a really unlucky game against Olympiakos; scored, again, for first with a penalty realized by Litmanen, but two really unusal big errors of my Keeper Flavio Roma (one in the very injury time), which Kovacevic capitalized, made me end bitterly. Even had the more chances for once.. but that's football, right?

It was finally time for winter market; received an offer for Ivarov from Reggina of 2000 something credits and let him go. After that, only received loan rquests for Ruskin and Baumann I couldn't fullfill (too short there).

Then I tried many offers myself, of course always keeping in mind the main 33+ rule; a lot of teams refused from the get go to negotiate at all with me (can't remember it even being a feature lol). To my surprise, Fiorentina opened up negotiations for Bobo Vieri.. but unfortunately, he really didn't want to come down to us in D2 and we couldn't close it up.

I wanted to donate a player of substance to fans, anyway, and since he was free, and also one of my favourite players ever, I desperately tried for Rivaldo..

and to my delight, after a stubborn bargain :PP, we could all celebrate our new number ten (yeah sorry Ordaz):

View attachment 174502

that now gives me some interesting tactical ideas; double offensive midfielder, or put one between Litmanen and Minanda more as a playmaker.

No idea if this will be enough for promotion.. from what I've seen until now, probably no. Well I'll try :)
RIVALDO!!!!!! One of my absolute favorites!! I will always cherish his World Cup 2002 performances. Can't wait to see how you use him, I believe his main role was a secondary striker, right behind the #9, kind of like in a Baggio role! I loved Rivaldo, always a joy to watch him play.

I also totally forgot that Roberto Carlos was at Fenerbahçe but that's right, he played three years in Turkey before moving on to Corinthians!

Come on Pisces FC! Even though you guys are in 11 place, the table is tight and you guys can still make a run! Let's go veterans!! :BSCARF:

I think my main issue is having less patience and defending sloppy and in a hurry.
I'm sure I'll get back to this (2015) soon enough.
Everything else is miles better than any Pes game after this,or at least most of them and deffo 20-21.
Only game being close is 2017 ,but that's way to fast, 16 no where near because of non existing goalkeepers.
18 too much space.

Think I'll adjust PA and/or difficulty and get going soon again.

That makes 4 of us! Funnily enough, I'm also starting to get the PES 15 bug! I've played a few friendlies and have been pleasantly surprised at how different it feels!

I might start a Brazilian second division adventure in 2015 after my Reggina story. Then again, that's still kind of a ways away yet! :)
Brazil second division? Seems like you found a South American patch, from those crazy patches, you guys create over there.

RIVALDO!!!!!! One of my absolute favorites!! I will always cherish his World Cup 2002 performances. Can't wait to see how you use him, I believe his main role was a secondary striker, right behind the #9, kind of like in a Baggio role! I loved Rivaldo, always a joy to watch him play.

I also totally forgot that Roberto Carlos was at Fenerbahçe but that's right, he played three years in Turkey before moving on to Corinthians!

Come on Pisces FC! Even though you guys are in 11 place, the table is tight and you guys can still make a run! Let's go veterans!! :BSCARF:
Roberto Carlos, last time i remember him at Anzhi, that crazy Russian team that came out of nowhere, and were buying almost everything back then. And after 2 or 3 seasons they were disbanded.

As for Rivaldo, i used to not like him, as a person not as player, due to his diving in World Cup 2002, i think against Turkey .

Also i didn't like him, as part of Barcelona that won Panathinaikos 3-1 in Camp Nou, first match in Greece we won 1-0, for the quarter-finals of Champions League 2001-2002 season.

Then after his bad passage at Milan, he signed for Olympiakos, out rivals, and kept hating him.

But where i totally loved him, and showed him my total respect, was in season 2005-2006, preWorld Cup season in Germany .

I watched all his matches that season, and i somehow could feel his very strong WILL to go to that World Cup with Brazil NT.

I swear you, i haven't seen something similar in my life. Especially in the matches i watched him live, it was like he was giving his 200%, every part of him was shouting, i am ready, i still can play a top class tournament.

And in the last match, when it was finally announced that Brazilian coach picked Ricardinho over him for the World Cup, he was so devastated, and despite he was arrogant as a personallity, he accepted it with tears,and lowering his head.

It was from the most unfair things I remember in football, in my life.

And especially in a match, against Ergotelis IIRC, the Brazilian coach was in the stadium to scout him, he was doing crazy staff , that a a Rivaldo would never do, marking the opposite Side Backs in the corners, marking at general, making sliding tackles.

And when he signed for Olympiakos, all the rest of us were mocking him, that he arrived to Greece for his retirement and for pension. And his first response was " i came to Greece, in order to go with Brazil to WC 2006"..Of course we were laughing at him, and didn't believe him, neither me, nor most of the other fans.

And after the World Cup, when he could just sit on his big contract and his class, he kept playing with the same passion, both for Olympiakos and AEK latter, for the years he stayed here.
It was like a gift for Greek football, to have Ribo in our League.

1661284773641.png

@slamsoze You're right bro, I actually double checked and there's no Brasileirao B in PES 2015, at least in the patch I am using (PTE patch), but strangely enough, there are a few Brazilian teams in Sudamericana which are not included in Brasileirao A.. :LOL: The one that does have Brasileirao B is PES smoke patch 2017.

If there is a way to set up a second division by switching up the leagues, I'll probably go ahead and do that. Or maybe I wll go ahead and search for a South American patch which includes it. :TU:

Yeah, Rivaldo is one my favourites ever as well! He was one of the first classy players I fell in love with outside Italy, and late 90's/first 00's Barça was perhaps one of the first teams I truly appreciated after my own.

Anyway, hope you'll gonna like his first goal for us:

see, that's among the things I love the most of Pes. Feels like something only Rivaldo (and the few others like Recoba etc.) could have pulled in that situation. Nowadays everyone feel so obsessed with control, but the fact something like this happens on his own thanks to stats and foot weakness feels way more special to me.

Besides I have no memory of scoring with a rabona ever before this :P

Two games of Pes 2915.
Real Betis 2-0 Rayo Vallecano.
Levante 1-3 Real Betis
Two pretty good games, still some cheating here and there but manageable.
One thing, didn't get one player sold during my transfer window ,even though I had 8-9 players on the transfer list

Also a ML game in Pes 20.
Man how bad that is Vs 15, everything is on rails, teammates hide/stand in the passing shadow.
Yeah I can't play that.
Maybe go in and play PA0 to make it less stiff

Last edited:
Nowadays everyone feel so obsessed with control, but the fact something like this happens on his own thanks to stats and foot weakness feels way more special to me.
100 percent agree bro! Stats and the players remaining faithful to them is half of the fun for me as well! Nothing like seeing your players perform as per real life. :) Very nice rabona btw!

What is your starting 11 looking like??

100 percent agree bro! Stats and the players remaining faithful to them is half of the fun for me as well! Nothing like seeing your players perform as per real life. :) Very nice rabona btw!

What is your starting 11 looking like??
Impossible to tell you! It's a constant turnover, players gets so tired from a game to another it's impossible to pinpoint to a definite 11.

Honestly I want to try and abandon the 3 man defenders of the default and try a 4-3-1-2, possibly Rivaldo SS ala Baggio as you said above they were in RL (I've used him OMF in all these first matches) :) !

I thought I may as well post some ML action from my Tottenham season, no fancy challenges or anything just win a cup for Spurs before Kane and co retire :P

First up is a tough one away against Aston Villa.

and then at home to West Ham. Cracking game this one.

Last edited:
Anyone still playing Pes 2018 ML?
I remember it being (minus not enough physicality and too much space) being very good.
The game I played today surprised me (AI) how great it played

Anyone still playing Pes 2018 ML?
I remember it being (minus not enough physicality and too much space) being very good.
The game I played today surprised me (AI) how great it played
Well i couldn't say i play with devition. I have an old save, that i play here and there, but i can't hold more than some matches, before i give up and come back some time later.

The pros and cons are known, i won't repeat them for a 100th time. My biggest issue with this game, for me at least as a player, is the misconception about how a game should be difficult/challenging.

Call it bad physics, call it false spacing, call it stats neglected in specific moments of the match. There are many aspects of it.

And on top of that, i noticed recently, even if i master the control, and can move the ball around in the pitch, due to the incedible movement and ball control, plus the laser guided passes, scoring a goal, or defending a CPU goal, in SUPERSTAR level, is always a grindfest.

I mean even when you get inside the opponent penaly box, you need to kill a knight and a dragon, in order to score a goal. Can't describe it better, but not every goal in football is "over-complicated". They do still exist, more simple, or basic , or dump goals. Here in 2018, on Superstar level, every goal , is in try-hard mode, no matter the team.

And keep in mind that i've tried almost all settings possible, TopPlayer+FuMa, TP+FuMa+another camera with angle (to add more difficulty to mysefl), SuperStar+15minutes, but the plague is always there for me. In TP it gets too easy for me, i am like a conqueror with ~70% possesion, and in Superstar it's always like a grindfest.

TL;DR: For me the difficulty level in Superstar, works completelly false, removing any longevity for the game. Always in Master League.

Back
Top Bottom