The Master League adventures thread

TEAM - BARNSLEY
OPTION FILE - GOALGERD'S
LEVEL - PROFESSIONAL
TIME - 20 MINS
FULL MANUAL

Great equaliser Geeeee. . .I thought your keeper had the penalty saved. . .at the start I thought you were in red ha ha. Great vid.

Got a nice goal to finish my session last night.

Hope to get a few games in today.

Great equaliser Geeeee. . .I thought your keeper had the penalty saved. . .at the start I thought you were in red ha ha. Great vid.

Ha ha that's funny. When i watch your games, because i am not familiar with Italian football, i have to check for the cursor above your player's heads to make sure i am cheering the right team on. Yeh i dived the right way but he had his elbows bent lol. My heart was in my mouth when their striker, Assambolonga (not sure of spelling) hit the post when the goal was open.

That was a lovely 'daisy cutter' for your goal. I didnt notice how low it was until i saw the replay at the end. Good to see those back, i think PES2013 was the last time.

Loving this game again at the moment. A part of me just wants to go through the season without doing the recording and things so that i can get through it quicker. But then i like watching the games back because then i can see what mistakes i made.

Ha ha that's funny. When i watch your games, because i am not familiar with Italian football, i have to check for the cursor above your player's heads to make sure i am cheering the right team on. Yeh i dived the right way but he had his elbows bent lol. My heart was in my mouth when their striker, Assambolonga (not sure of spelling) hit the post when the goal was open.

That was a lovely 'daisy cutter' for your goal. I didnt notice how low it was until i saw the replay at the end. Good to see those back, i think PES2013 was the last time.

Loving this game again at the moment. A part of me just wants to go through the season without doing the recording and things so that i can get through it quicker. But then i like watching the games back because then i can see what mistakes i made.

Lol the game is brilliant and I find the more you play it the better at it you become. . .that chance that they missed was a certain goal against you I thought .. . I'm the same geeee the recordings can show you where you made mistakes . .. hope you have some more on the way.

A very easy win after a hard fought draw in the match before it. .. .these teams are probably the whipping boys of the division.

@Deco

Nice move in that 1-1!

Incredible goal fest otherwise.

Edit. Do you have "attack through middle" set in your tactics?

I do have 'attack through middle' and the reason why I have it is that when I apply attack wide my center forwards ramble out to the sidelines and chase the same ball as the wingers .. . I thought the best goal of the bunch there was number 5 where my forward Fortes slips a tackle and plays a simple pass that Vido taps over or past the keeper. I don't like winning a match like that . . .I'd rather a close fought affair.

I do have 'attack through middle' and the reason why I have it is that when I apply attack wide my center forwards ramble out to the sidelines and chase the same ball as the wingers .. . I thought the best goal of the bunch there was number 5 where my forward Fortes slips a tackle and plays a simple pass that Vido taps over or past the keeper. I don't like winning a match like that . . .I'd rather a close fought affair.

Haven't had a chance to see your videos yet. But I just noticed what you said regarding your centre forwards going out wide for the same ball. I'm glad you mentioned that as it is one of my biggest gripes. I have 'attack out wide'. I will change it, but does it affect the width?

Haven't had a chance to see your videos yet. But I just noticed what you said regarding your centre forwards going out wide for the same ball. I'm glad you mentioned that as it is one of my biggest gripes. I have 'attack out wide'. I will change it, but does it affect the width?

If you like using 4-3-3 and wingers Geee .. it would affect it a bit. . .. but if you're controlling the ball and passing it shouldn't make much difference. . .It's just as I said the centre forwards go wide too much when wide attack is on. . . .get some vids up there pal. . .Rock is gone AWOL.

1296.png

Manager: Robbie Ryan
Club: Bari FC

SEASON 2016-2017 - MAY

Bari found themselves in a bit of a rut in an unfortunate part of the season. Losing 6-0 to rivals Latina completely knocked the stuffing out of the team and returned to the Stadio San Nicola only 3 days later to play Virtus Entella. The side was freshened up slightly and had the surprise of bringing back Monachello to replace to rested Toni. he justified his selection with a goal but unfortunately it was a mere consolation in a 2-1 defeat as the dark clouds continued to hang over Puglia.

It wouldn't get much easier for Ryan in their next match against fellow playoff contenders Hellas Verona the first half was very tentative with not many shots on goal but the second half exploded with action with i galletti first going behind, then pulling 2 goals back to take the lead via Martinho and Fedele on a rare appearance for the latter. Pazzini levelled for Gialloblu with a fine finish but that didn't stop the big man Luca Toni charging forward to win a penalty soon after which Basha fired into the top corner. Complete heartbreak followed in the final minute with Pazzini completing a hat-trick to level the match 3-3. There was clear mental anguish amongst the squad and again Bari only managed a 1-1 draw away at Ternana to leave Robbie Ryan needing a miracle to gain the final Serie B play-off spot.

Before that final game against SPAL 2013 Ryan gathered the national sporting media to an event simply to say thanks to the fans, players and staff of Bari for the best season of his career. He promised no matter what happens with the play-offs the team will play their hearts out against Spallini and give them something they can cheer about. The players responded with appreciation off and on the pitch where Ragusa and Martinho made it 2 very early on. The boss also brought on the retiring Brienza for his final ever professional appearance and the 5'5" striker stuck away a diving header at the far post to give a true beautiful football moment. 3-0 was the final score but the news coming from both Frosnione and Salernitana was that it was all in vain. Bari doomed to finish 9th just outside the play-off places.
The manager said he would take the next few weeks to reflect on the season, noting the massive improvement in 2017. It'll be touch and go whether Ryan stays on as manager of Bari after setting his expectations clear at the start of the season, the club president also showed uncharacteristic patience after a terrible first few months. We will have to wait until after Toni and Brienza's testimonial against the Old Boys to find out what will happen for next season.

Player Of The Month: Antonino Ragusa - Two goals and some fiery performances in an otherwise tough month

Goal Of The Month: Franco Brienza vs SPAL - lovely back post diving header

Results

Bari 1-2 Virtus Entella - Goal: Monachello, MoM: Sabelli
Hellas Verona 3-3 Bari - Goals: Martinho, Fedele, Basha, MoM: Martinho
Ternana 1-1 Bari Goal: Ragusa, MoM: Ragusa
Bari 3-0 SPAL 2013 - Goals: Ragusa, Martinho, Brienza. MoM: Ragusa

lVJ4aoG.png

End Of Season Stats

Toni did really well in the end with 13 goals and a 6.1 but Martinho and Basha were my true Mr dependables and player of the season contenders. Monachello did well as Toni's understudy and might well lead the line next season but Ragusa up front really changed my season and gave me a lot of attacking intent so he is my official player of the year despite only joining in january. (i signed him up permanently for next year too)

iMRCbBA.png

sorry for a 3rd post in a row but Off The Record i'm not sure i should continue as Bari manager next season...

I spent quite a bit of money and Toni was a statement of intent. I said at the start of this story that If i didnt go up then i'd resign, that was a bit blustery of me but in the end I didn't even make the play-offs. The team and the playes are growing on me and I have an affinity with them but I think realistically I would have been sacked by some crazy italian owner by now.

I have an offer from Ternana which seems like a realistic move (serie B mid table) so i'm very tempted by that... any thoughts from you guys?

@robbieryan

Looks like a good season, great stats.

Your future? It's you writing the story. I am sure you can create a twist if you want to stay.

We just want you to keep playing and writing. :TU:

Fulham finished fourth in the English Championship, Fulham now have two games against Reading for the final. This is a big chance but of course there were some national games so half the squad is tired as f*ck, and only 48 hours between the matches so the other half will be f*cked as well. Fulham's coach, oddly named The Ponk, told the media he was confident before the first match but the truth is he is scared shitless that the team will be brutally slain before even reaching the playoff final.

Starting with the away match, Fulham played the most godawful game of all time, just parking the bus the whole match. With so many players tired, the coach decided to rest as many as he could for the second match at home. The tactic worked, as Reading only got 3 shots, none of them on target. Fulham did have a shot on target, but it was also the only shot they took the entire match, also, it was a bad shot.
In the home fixture, Fulham went out guns blazing. Even though Kolbeinn Sigþórsson, their top scorer, feeling a bit under the weather and not used, Fulham looked more likely. Of course, Reading scored with their first bloody shot on target in both matches, on minute 56. But their keeper's blunder a short while later set Piazon open to score into a pretty much empty net. Then it was substitute Aluko who finished the game off in overtime. Fulham Now have Newcastle to beat, but they just butchered Newcastle 5-0 both matches combined. Excitement levels are high.

Alas, Newcastle won with the biggest bullshit goal of the season, Mannone in Fulham's goal failing to pick up the softest header since the dawn of time. Fulham manager is now debating weather to continue for one more season in the Championship or use a time machine to right the wrongs of the last match.

If you like using 4-3-3 and wingers Geee .. it would affect it a bit. . .. but if you're controlling the ball and passing it shouldn't make much difference. . .It's just as I said the centre forwards go wide too much when wide attack is on. . . .get some vids up there pal. . .Rock is gone AWOL.

I'm not using wingers Deco but the amount of times I play a ball along the wings for my SMF to get it and put a ball in the box but instead my CF says to the SMF "its mine leave it" and he runs out of the penalty area to get it. When I get a chance to play I will try your suggestion.

Hoping to post another vid tonight. But might not for a couple of weeks after that as I won't be around. I will see what time I get.

Rock must be giving it a rest. I wonder if the game plays different on XBOX. I suppose we will find out when our TS starts to rise as much as his.

I'm not using wingers Deco but the amount of times I play a ball along the wings for my SMF to get it and put a ball in the box but instead my CF says to the SMF "its mine leave it" and he runs out of the penalty area to get it. When I get a chance to play I will try your suggestion.

Hoping to post another vid tonight. But might not for a couple of weeks after that as I won't be around. I will see what time I get.

Rock must be giving it a rest. I wonder if the game plays different on XBOX. I suppose we will find out when our TS starts to rise as much as his.

You won't be around? . .. . Ok bud try do a video tonight if you can.. . take care.

Team has been lockdown in a hotel,gotta get them straightened out(haven't felt like playing it for a few days)
Anyway,CL vs Zenith St Petersburg at home.
Good game,real fun acctually,got a bit frustrated with the last second toe/foot/knee/leg saving Zenith from losing this one.
20-5 in shots tells you the story.
At this level,and I played great,varied,long/short/through/over/in,you name it,I should have won the game with at least 2-3 goals.
But ended 1-1
Great game despite that

Next game is Lazio away

game plays just fine right now,but think it's the amount of wins/seasons that fucks it up sometimes.
Yeah,needed a break,spent quality time with daughter since Thursday,a few days away from it,and you lose interest.
But started again tnite.
Played great
Are you off for a while mate?

Alas, Newcastle won with the biggest bullshit goal of the season, Mannone in Fulham's goal failing to pick up the softest header since the dawn of time. Fulham manager is now debating weather to continue for one more season in the Championship or use a time machine to right the wrongs of the last match.
did you see the goal they scored vs Leeds Saturday....

Here you go...

Good win Geeee and great vid . . .you got a bit of luck with the goals but you deserved to win ... .pity you couldn't finish that move in the 56th min and then that shot over the bar. . .well done. I scraped two 1-0 narrow wins tonight in two tough games and am now top of the League. .I think the games easier since they messed with it the last time. .. but still very enjoyable.

sorry for a 3rd post in a row but Off The Record i'm not sure i should continue as Bari manager next season...

I spent quite a bit of money and Toni was a statement of intent. I said at the start of this story that If i didnt go up then i'd resign, that was a bit blustery of me but in the end I didn't even make the play-offs. The team and the playes are growing on me and I have an affinity with them but I think realistically I would have been sacked by some crazy italian owner by now.

I have an offer from Ternana which seems like a realistic move (serie B mid table) so i'm very tempted by that... any thoughts from you guys?
Always good to spread your wings,but who am I to give advice,fourth season with Milan

I even watched Barnsley vs Wigan Saturday in your honour @geeeeee holy shit that was a crappy game I also watched Milan vs Inter later on,bit better

Last edited:

Great one mate,bet you can't pull that one off on rainy Tuesday in Stoke?

A game for the history books,old fashion western shootout.
7 fucking goals.
Wuuut.....
Away to Lazio
Anyway a good game,CPU a bit overpowerd in this one,ball on a string at times,but an enjoyable game.
Funny thing,after a few seasons with this game,it's always the same guy that tries to ruin it for you every time you play a certain team.
For instance,Dordevic in Lazio,must have scored 5-6 goals on me since season one,a shit player to,played in the Swedish league a year ago,hardly noticed him.

So a good solid game vs Lazio
Next up is a rare home game,feels like I haven't played at home in ages in the Leauge
Cagliari next

@rockstrongo

Great finishing in that last goal against Lazio.

Haven't been able to play for a couple of days, and won't be for the next few. So keep me entertained with your vids and stories.

I do have 'attack through middle' ...
I could identify this from the shape of your attacks: they reminded me of past times (teams) when I used to play through the center as well.

We play with 4-2-3-1, attack wide and false 9, which makes us defensively strong but sometimes lacking in the final third.

Back
Top Bottom